emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Super_Nintendo_emulators
sourceforge.net/projects/os9exec/
reddit.com/r/CemuPiracy/comments/6cxwmh/cemu_18_uncracked_for_now_%CA%96/
archive.fo/ZQlUv
emuparadise.me/PSX_on_PSP_ISOs/Resident_Evil_3_-_Nemesis_(USA)/164176
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CEMU

Project64.

If this is not cucked then I don't know what the fuck is.

I asked last thread about DeSmuMe and an user told me to get the RetroArch core.
Can someone please tell me how to change core settings? The wiki tells me there's a bunch of settings to change, but I can't find them. You'd think they'd be in the menu called "Core Settings", but apparently that was too obvious.

Also, I can't find mention of it on the wiki, but is there a way to stop it was tracking every mouse movement? There's this cursor that moves when my mouse does, even when my cursor is off the bottom screen. Didn't explain that right, but if you've used it, you'd know what I mean.

Working through Ace Attorney inc AAI. Finishing my backlog of Dragon Quest and the GameCube Zeldos.
All of them.
I don't really have a preference, but I don't use it only because I don't want to swap between two monitors/screens.
Emucucks going on about Muh BotW are pretty bad. Hardwarecucks who shit on Emucucks are pretty close, though.
Project64, as above.
CEMU isn't that cucked, as they release the shit a week after Patreon users, with bugfixes. They just con people into paying for QA.

I still have no clue how they can raise upward of $20,000 for a system that has under five good exclusives while the PS3 emulator barely makes $1,300.

What's a good PSP emulator so I can play MGS Peace Walker?

Is it that the GameCube version of Viewtiful Joe is that much better than the PS2 version, or is Dolphin just that much better than PCSX2? It's hard to tell from other comparison screenshots but I've run through both versions a few times this weekend and holy shit the Dolphin one is way smoother and more colorful.

PPSSPP and grab the hack that unlocks the framerate

Oh look it's the faggot thread.

Because they're a bunch of cucks who cannot be publicly seen with a "kiddy" system, so emulators are the next best alternative.

Probably the former. How does the saying go? "You can dress up a pig…"

Nintendo autists are much more dedicated than Sonyggers.

Viewtiful Joe for the PS2 had a bunch of framedrops but if you're emulating it doesn't really matter.
Neither Dolphin nor PCSX2 are accurate enough to emulate framedrops correctly so they just end up using more resources available to them and run the game at a constant framerate.

this is actually what is called being cucked. well done.

the best thing you can do for RA stuff, look up the videos from simple austin.

That user got you good. Desmume's RA core is outdated as fuck.

Mmmm. Delicious third worlder tears.

Fug.

I also took the plunge into a front end and got LaunchBox, then found a license online.
It work well and looks nice, but I was more than a bit pissed off that it reverted all of my Dolphin settings to default and fucked up all my paths, so saves and states needed to be manually moved.

Very nice interface, though. The artwork backgrounds are really comfy. The database is also well maintained.

They won't truly fix BotW to work. They're relying on it for shekels, and will just slowly release updates for that to keep the cash flowing.
They'll just work on the other games compat like they did before so the changelogs are filled and BotWfags think they actually care.

s o o n

Speaking of which

>$33k per month
Holy christ, how are people this stupid? That fucking emulator will never, ever be finished.

welcome to the Brierley fanclub, you are free to do what ever the fuck you want with thaqt license.

Is Bayo 2 playable yet?

It's playable if you mute audio or get the accessory that disables witch time, even my toaster ran it near ~25 fps

So still more progress to go.

I also experienced some flaw where water wasn't visible from the outside, but I didn't play that long to notice anything else, that and the sound were the only things, but it was still completely playable, just shitty

Persona 3 FES Undub Remix 1.01
You should emulate a game that teaches proper English.
No.
Whoever is insecure enough to try to prove to some fags on an imageboard that they're superior.
Nice meme

He literally just forgot write "to BE emulated"

DKC games
All of them
No
The later when they shitpost and derail like in the last thread
Anything that byuu does.

ファイアーエムブレム 蒼炎の軌跡
All of them
Fuck no
???
Any closed source one.

Since when is being able to afford original hardware and ROM carts considered "third world"?

they actually had to edit the music back in
s p l i c e d i n m u s i c

when emuniggers became insecure about how big of niggers they were and start being shown all the failure and shortcomings of emulation

I tried to edit his name out, but the signature is tied to his name and e-mail.
Fug.

When you keep shitting on people who can afford a rig that costs 40x more than the shitty console you obtained.

Is byuu that bad ? I know about his meltdown during U.S. election, or it's about something else

When will Citra get good? I just want to play the Devil Survivor remakes and Rune Factory 4.

I want to use the Wii U Gamepad as a controller and bottom touchscreen while having the 3DS upper screen by my monitor, that sounds AWESOME!

DKC 2 on my phone

Breath of the Wild when that faggots exzap fixes his shit, hopefully this week

I dont own one i own 3 definitively a must for old games if you have the means to use one

I see your plan is to call the shitposting from the start OP.

both are retarded, but we can take it down to specific cases where each one is wrong, for example defending the POS that is pcsx2, while hardware fags can't justify owning consoles that aren't easy to find or consoles without flashcarts where collecting individual games means spending lots of time and money

stop using buzzwords faggot, what is that supposed to mean

Wait 3 years from now.

I don't know anymore. Guess I'll just download that ace combat game and dump it only to watch THAT not work.

Thank you. It really is fucking useless unless you're using specific hardware, but I'm more appreciative towards the fact that there at least is an emulator for PS2

If the console is so shitty then why the hell are you so interested on playing its software? The fuck do I care if you can afford a "rig" that costs a million dollars you fucking imbecile?

Hardware, for one.
And the console being shit says nothing about the games that are coded for it.

Retard

Because even shitty consoles sometimes have good games. :^)

Everything locked at 30fps benefits from emulation

You don't even know reddit, you fucking dunce "Anyone I don't like" is NOT reddit.
For fucks sake dude, reddit would SIDE WITH YOU on hardware shit, because they see emulation as immoral.

Also, everything is better on an emulator. Even the worst games run best on an emulator due to nigh infinite customization.
Here is your (You), poorfag.

Since when games get locked at 30fps ?
For what purpose ?

Maybe "locked" was the wrong word, limited to 30fps due to the hardware would be better, like Bayonetta would not even exceed 30fps on the PS3

Byuu also is bad with money. See his story about getting thousands of PAL SNES carts in box and fucking it up. Plus the way his emus load up roms and create additional files is retarded.

What business is it of yours that we emulate, faggot? Who gave you the authority to tell us what we can and can't do?

Nor is it yours for you to shit up every thread and get surprised when told to fuck off.

I forgot about that one. I guess.

Alright then.

Oh my god thank you vols/mark. The derailing shitposters are the fucking scourage of these threads.

IT'S TIME
SHOW ME SOME VIDYA SCREENSHOTS!!

Just started. Never played a SMT game, but apparently this one is good.

heh

It's OK. Should have started with Nocturne.

Why is playing the Digimon World Re:Digitized translation impossible on mobile?

Strange journey. Good choice.

Someone can give list of best emulators for consoles?

This is what emulation is really about, improving shitty old vidya. I love emulation

Emucucks

lookin good

I've been playing "Kirby and the Magic Mirror" and "Drilldozer" on PSP

He used beast eye 2 more times afterwards. Fuck you Mot.

Please respond

quick menu>options

The trouble with desmume standalone is that it does not run at 60hz, it runs at the DS's internal framerate with is 59 point something. This means there is no way to get smooth scrolling in 2D titles unless you use the retroarch core.

Can't you just use search engine for this ?

seth rich edition

Do you guys happen to know if netplay is possible for cemu?

Well that makes the community cucked, not cemu itself. You can get cemu for free and it runs pretty decent. I personally think that Dolphin is more cucked. The devs are some huge faggots, and the people they hired to moderate their forums are also gay.

But didn't other people already make a unofficial 1.7 version? Anyone here used project64k? I used that one to play certain n64 games online on that New York server and back then some people used unofficial 1.7 version. Why did people even ask for a new version? What was wrong about 1.6?

must suck tbqh

Original hardware also has something that emucucks will never have no multitasking, therefore you can't alt+tab to shitposting on Holla Forums while listening music and watching memes on youtube and leaving the game to rot on your hard drive and backlog

These things used to freak me out as a kid. Also, report and hide, dude.

Man go back to Mexico you faggit.

WHY DOSE SNES9X FUCKING HATE XBOX D-PADS?
WHY DOES BSNES ONLY RUN SFC and NOT SMC?
WHY THE FUCK IS ZSNES STILL THE SUPERIOR OPTION IN MOST CIRCUMSTANCES?
seriously its really triggers my OCD that there is not a one size fits all solution for all SNES roms by this point.
no fuck you, I don't need a needless trashy frontend
note: post is 20% hyperbole.

Because emulator makers have autism and go through 1000 hours of work to fix a timing-related bug on an emulator for a console that lost the 8 bit wars and still fail because they couldn't produce or use a timer precise enough instead of making a hack that makes the game function perfectly because "muh accuracy-based emulaishun" and the retarded concept of "preserving the history" of a fucking toy which went unpreserved because they didn't try.

just go back man

Seriously, they're fucking cheap and actually better for NES/SNES/GBA games
SNES9x is superior to ZSNES and RetroArch is perfectly acceptable :^)

That would be acceptable only if you plan to have an extra gamepad for games that need more buttons

360 and SNES was the sweet spot for me. Though I confess I did get an Atari joystick too

Bump

are audio issues (like an instrument in the song cutting out temporarily because too much sound effects are happening on the screen at that time) due to emulation or were they present on the original hardware? Talking about SNES and GBA for example

I actually don't mean sound issues in general, just that specific problem I mentioned (instruments cutting out)

IIRC that happens on original hardware too

ah good, I'm relieved now. Got really annoying in metroid fusion and noticing it while starting link to the past now

Because nobody ever bothered to give it xinput support so you're stuck with the trash dinput compatibility mode of your pad.

Because headered roms for SNES are a relic of the past with little practical use nowadays who the fuck uses a copier nowadays outside of bootleggers, trash that shit and download .sfc ones or go through the process of removing you headers manually but there's basically no point. when you cna find the unheadered ones easily.

Nah you're just being retarded, literally no reason to use that outside of a few hacks that don't work on anything else, Ipretty much anything out there does a better job at emulating the SNES.
Bizhawk or ZMZ might be a good candidate for you since they should have better xinput support and both use RA cores so you keep SNES9x performance and accuracy levels.

It's possible that the game is at fault but some emulators for either of those console could be the ones causing the issues, if you eally really want to be sure find a speedrun pretty much the only way to be sur its on real hardware since not even people who upload OSTs do so by recording the hardware done on real hardware then you'll have your answer

it's true most og the time, but here I csn give you one example where real hardware is real. The sound chip (SID) of the Commodore 64 doesn't sound that good when emulated, it's very hard to emulate it, because it's a mixture of digital and analog circuitry, the most accurate emulator requires about 2ghz cpu and it still doesn't sound lile the original.

Also, each batch of chips sounds slighty different. There are at least 7 vetsions of the 6581, I'm not sure about 8580 (different version of the same chip) I think that one is consistent.

mednafen

Just use mednafen. Or the superor zsnes emulator

doesn't happen on original hardware except in some very bad games. the sound channels are separate and dedicated, your emulator is just ass.

Because of BOTW.

What are some good emulators to install on your android?
I'm guessing gameboy stuff before the DS, since the screen of the android is already quite small.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_Android
Take this.

Was he always a fag or is this a recent development? Are there any emu devs that aren't living trash at this point?

What is the best Ps1/Ps2 Emulator out there ?

I want to play a few Playstation classics namely Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and a few others.

those who aren't trash are mostly silence and not well known. It is just that special snowflakes make extra noice so you notice them more.

But since it is a hidden agenda from darpa to degenerate our youth with the help of video games, and the best spot to start is in fact the indie/AMGD scene (this also includes faggotware like BSD/rasperry/and shit you never heard about) you may notice a spike in sjw cancer-ism from there. So, of course most of the dev's are betacucks.

Was pretty much always like this, he's not even the worst of his clique, one of his forum mod is a genuine pedo.iirc

You just hear about the ones that go public a lot, 60% of them are varying degrees of mentally ill.
All the really cool guys are long gone, and most of the remaining older devs are crooked as fuck (see PJ64) or basically inactive.

There's few people that are worthy of respect like hrydgard, themaister, gonetz to a point he still dealt in really shady shit at some point

>Xqemu removes XBLA playability from his emu was 100% working
>gatekeeper-plebbiterism within the emu scene hold back nexcia2live untik it was leaked
>DeSmue dev being a fag no upscaleing because muh original hardware
meanwhile Mednafen just put support for simple saturn emulation on it *+an information non of the shills like to see in any emu thread**
>fun fact plebbit build a huge emulation community that spread around every single console/arcade/and what not, that is hold by a few people as always
goon's know this, thats why the attack on romhack was actually so easy
Big Publisher and close friends of the developers community as also journos do not like emulation at all, and as we all learned, they all have their fingers deep in this shitter too

But where the poop expand his schadow, there always is light beyond the faggotry of degenrated millenias.

(You), apparently.

Looks like you're having fun, user. Is this your first playtrhough of that title?

MyBoy! and MyBoy! Advance apks can be found online for free. Just run 'em and boom. If you need GB/GBC roms, post in the share thread.

so I started using 9x. You see I would be stuck using multiple emulators even if I preferred not to. which triggers my OCD :-)
I wish SNES9x would just fix their bullshit, no other emulator has this issue.
99% of the SNES roms on Emuparadise & DopeRoms are headered last time I checked. Plus BSNES hates archives to that means I have to unzip every rom too. Just a needless pain in the ass.
No nigger what is retarded is wanting "perfect emulation". Games typically run better (then original hardware) on ZSNES. Yes the GUI is shit and the filters are shit but who the fuck cares about filters and GUI. For action platforms I prefer the better performance of ZSNES over the more autistic and accurate performance.

you cheeky bastards :^)

(Hank Heil'd)
>SNES9x hates Xbox d-pads and BSNES only runs sfc. and I am too lazy to be bothered to remove the header for the 721 SNES Games I already have archived
I don't see you offering an alternative boy

zsnes is the best emulator on this flat earth plane.

Why do Genesis games played with 1:1 scaling look so good on my PSP? It's fucking beautiful.

WEW look at that guys! I found this awesome "HOW TO" play the great ZSNES on the internet!

You're thinking Xenia, benvanik is a massive moralfag, it's also a 1 char change so it's not like it's lost forever.

It's present and has been for a while and the reason it wasn't put in as soon as x432r was made was that x432r is windows only which isn't a bad decision he just took way too long to pull his own implementation.and made shit excuses in the meantime, the lack of wifi / pokemon support is a much better example of him being a fag.

You can't reasonably expect people to put that much time, effort and money into something without them getting something back especially with how users behave nowadays.

Zilmar is russian?

Shit like that takes time and never truly fully happens see ZSNES, VBA, Gens, and mednafen still isn't perfect and doesn't coever every use SSF mainly not needing a fucking desktop i5 to run well.

Fuck sake the no-intro set for the SNES is so easy to find why the fuck would you deal with that shit and don't fucking tell me you can't store or download a bit over a GB of data.

SNES9x isn't perfect emulation it's good emulation that actually works well on 99%of the games unlike ZSNES, yeah sure it running a tiny bit better than the real thing might be nice but not when you consider that you're still dealing with the fucking pieve of shit that is ZSNES, I'd rather use MAME to emulate SNES.

Never played SNES or NES games?

For PS2 your only choice is PCSX2 and will probably stay that way for decades.

For PS1 it depends entirely on what you want. If you don't want any bells and whistles then use Mednafen otherwise use PCSXR-PGXP for higher resolution rendering,overclocking and perspective correction.

havent followed the project64 debacle much, is it safe to download the latest version, 2,3?

user you are full of Jewish GNU shit.
>I'd rather use MAME to emulate SNES
MEIN EYES HAVE BEEN OPENED

But here is the think, You did not fall for my clever ruse *which wasn't really a ruse to begin with. I was merely not pretending to be retarded. It seems that I was just being very picky about standing still crouch jump in Super Mario All Stars and assuming it was a problem with SNES9x. In reality it's just how Mario actually controlled in the original NES game but I just had never noticed until the other day because I was trying to crouch jump into a gap. I was literately making a mountain out of a mole hill, but that mole hill was a figment of my imagination.

no maleware but you have to deal with a nagware now.

Mupen 64++ Beta 0.1.3.12
Using the Glide Napalm WX video plugin and the mouseinjector program. This particular level is a pain in the ass. The bot knows where you are at all times, but you are not given a radar by which to navigate. The bot seems to have the ability to use the Thread Detector function on some of the available weapons, which means that he may completely avoid the proximity mines that you place in the vicinity. He also has impeccable marksmanship, and will immediately run away from a firefight in the event that his shield is breached. It's quite a pain in the ass, even with mouse and keyboard controls. How did anyone expect this to be surmountable with the N64 controller? I know it can be done; I've done it at some point in the past but, in retrospect, these challenges are proving to be a lot more challenging than I remember.

Yes you're a retard for using terible romsites when there are way better sources for roms out there like all the complete sets on archive.org for example.

You don't run every .exe you find on the internet without thinking about it first do you? By running roms from untrusted source you're doing basically the same thing.

You have been offered many alternatives but then you went all "muh ZSNES "

MAME is 100% shit for console emulation due to shitty design decisions boot the console > insert the "cartridge" > reboot the console for a basic example all around but it at-least doesn't mess up as bad as ZSNES when you're playing shit.

Shit happens.

as in? annoying popus?

if so,are there any decent alternatives?
I've tried mupen64 but i dont really enjoy the lack of GUI.

ITT: faggots who are too gay to use retroarch arguing about which pile of shit is better than GNU's gift to mankind.

this

go to the cfg, scroll down, change [support project] -1

that is correct

retroarch is shit at a lot of things though. i can't fucking stand the way it sometimes will, sometimes won't pick up the ROMs in my folders, and how you need to make choosing the folders you want to use a ten fucking step process simply for one kind of ROM. unless you're the kind of disgusting subhuman who doesn't sort your ROMs by system

jbmod was never good, and it will never be

Thanks a lot guys.

Retroarch is great if you know how to use it and honestly not all that hard to work with. Back in the day I had to patch ROMs individually so they would work with Nesticle, now that was a pain.

Just to correct something blatantly incorrect I said. Emuparadise dose not have headered roms. They are just unheadered *.smc extensions. You can simply renamed them to *.sfc and they will run fine with Bsnes.

its like you hate freedom.

Yeah I wouldn't trust people who fuck up something that basic.

This looks GOOD.

No one has an answer there.

This is no way to play vidya, boys.

PCSX2 can do netplay?

user you said "headered roms for SNES are a relic of the past" in regards to smc. I took this to imply that you meant .smc where headed roms. Therefor, based on this assumption and the fact that 90% of the roms form Emuparadise are *.smc extensions I drew the faulty conclusion that"99% of the SNES roms on Emuparadise & DopeRoms are headered". However, I then used a utility to remove the header and found that the *.smc where already unheadered and that you can simply renamed them to .sfc (which can be done easy in bulk by writing a batch file).
BE GONE GNU GOBLIN!!!
>>>Holla Forums
:^)

Yeah dawg, you need to get a PS2 network disc ISO and bridge your main connection with the PSCSX2 network adapter connection… or something. It's been years since I've done it but you can play shit like Outbreak, .hack// fragment, Metal Gear Online, etc. It's pretty unstable but worth it when it works.

nah course not, just replaying it again, was in the mood. Am in the mood for zelda games in general so now I'm playing 2D zeldas

Do you think it might have gotten better since you tried it last?

Not him but went looking, you could always check it out for yourself: obsrv.org/wiki/index.php?n=Main.HomePage

I'd assume it's more stable at this point than when he played as it seems to have been worked on. Bad news it's only Jap version, but that's probably still pretty playable.

Also I just realized someone made an english patch for the Jap version of the game, so looks like it doesn't matter that it's Jap version. Now I really want to see if I can get that shit working on me and a friend's PS2.

About to mod my Xbox, mainly to have a portable emulation box since I found the Wii U to be pretty lacking at the moment, especially since it can't be hooked up to a CRT without an adapter. What systems have 95% or more of their library playable on an OG Xbox RIGHT NOW? Is it better than Wii U?

Fuck me

If you are doing it on an actual PS2 (jap or softmodded) then it is apparently as stable as the original servers and you will have no problems.

I'm emulating Persona 2 Innocent Sin PSP on my Galaxy s6 active and I'm getting really slow speed at some points, like in the 20 fps zone. Is there any way to get better speed, I'm on PPSSPP version 1.4.2

What emulator is that, I need a good gba emulator on Android.

Use retroarch on android with the Mgba core and make sure to download a gba bios which can be found on the emu wiki or if your device is below 2012 flagship phone power than get VGBAnext or My Boy! - GBA Emulator.

Good to know, I'll make it happen for sure then. Thankfully both are soft modded so it should be pretty easy, my only problem is my router is on a different floor from my PS2.

So I've got Higan on my computer and RetroArch and Snes9x on my Android, is there any way to transfer SNES saves between my phone and my desktop? I've been hesitant to emulate anything on my phone because I don't wanna get stuck playing a 20+ hour JRPG exclusively on a bloody Android.

There is an app called Folder Sync for android, it syncs folder and files in the cloud and your phone

So what you need to do is sync the savefile of your phone with some cloud service like Google Drive.

Then you can install google drive for PC and keep your cloud folder with emulator saves synchronized with another folder in your PC

Then when you are done playing your JRPG session, just sync to google drive from either the PC or the phone and automatically the savefile will be the same on both.

of course you can always do things manually, copying and pasting files between your phone and PC if internet is not available. Or if you don't want to install or use stuff like google drive

Got PPSSPP to emulate Peace Walker. Works like a charm.
It has it's own SweetFX presets that can make the game colors much more vivid. Pic related PW with SweetFX, running on 1920x1080 and supersampled at 4K

SUPERSAMPLED!

looks the same as if you did 3x and leave it there

also

maybe on a phones screen, that shit would make me puke at full monitor size

Kill yourselves. The game looks great. A trillion times better than playing it on a sissy tiny phone screen. You get used to the textures after 10 minutes or so.

It looks like a fucking LSD nightmare. Kill yourself first you shit taste having faggot.

Jesus christ how horrifying

I was gonna just do this, problem is that it seems like Higan and RetroArch use different filetypes for saves. Higan uses .ran files, and Snes9x uses .srm or .frz, though I feel like that one's just an autosave file. I was mostly wondering if there was some way to use those files in either emulator, or if I'll have to switch to a different emulator on my desktop.

Meant Snes9x.

Use retroarch on the PC and the bsnes mercury cores, the savefiles are on *.srm IIRC and not that retarded type byuu uses on higan, also stop using higan, it's shit

Try renaming the file. It might just be the same data with different extensions for the emu. Has worked for me in the past.

Will they still be maintaining a general DirectX11/Direct3D backend though? Because Directx is still faster in a lot of cases than OGL for Windows users

Expaz says he will open source the emulator after he's done with it personally. I don't really see how its any different than Dolphin was before Dolphin went open source except maybe the fact Patreon didn't exist yet when Dolphin was still a closed source project. The only benefit Patreon cucks even get is the emulator version a week early but also slightly buggier than the release versions.

It the BotW hype probably, since BotW is a AAA title that's also a Switch title and the Switch is the hot new things for 10 year olds to beg their mothers for now so a lot of PC users wanted in on it. The WiiU itself is also weak as shit, its literally 3 Wii processors on a single chip package

Actually looks pretty good. I still prefer playing the PS3 version because of the better controls.

Worked perfectly, thanks. Not sure why I never tried this before.

What's wrong with Higan? My understanding of it was that it's basically the same thing as Bsnes with another name.

i dont like it because i cant configure the video/audio settings of each system.

or am i retarded and cant find the setting?

Are you Android Anons using touch pad or plugin in a game pad? I have a USB adapter and tried using both My PS3 and Xbox controller with my phone and while it was better then touchscreen there was noticeable input lag. Not really a fan of Phone emulation.

Bsnes, Zsnes and Snes9x all use .srm and the same format for save states if that helps.

never mind.

I use the black pad on this pic, quite comfy, but yes there is a small yet noticeable input lag in phone emulation. I usually manage to adapt and forget about it, but on stuff like super tight platformers like ninja gaiden, or fast fighting games, you will still end up screwing a lot.

that would be all fine if it weren't for
actually makes me sick

Because that's exactly what they're supposed to be, except the retards over at EP decided to leave the wrong extension sure it's easily fixed but if you don't know about it it give you problems, like the one you just had.for example

.>Will they still be maintaining a general DirectX11/Direct3D backend though?
Yeah, I think they also clearly stated they wouldn't drop it for quite a while, worst case scenario Ishiiruka is still a thing.
Vulkan is faster than either on every manufacturer when it's properly supported (aka no GTX6xx / HD7xxx / Intel IGP that predate Skylake), on hardware that doesn't properly support it I don't think it's really any faster.

There are per core / game overrides, per console confis require you to use the playlist sytem which sucks so I wouldn't bother personally.
forums.libretro.com/t/how-to-use-per-core-config/5468

Pretty sure you can change that by now

60 fps hack breaks helicopter and chrysalis battles and a few control related things, it's annoying switching out hacks again and again

look into it

Emulating chrono trigger with higan. Using an old lcd monitor at 1280X1024 since some games look awful being stretched out.
Got a cheap ps2 to usb adapter and I'm using a dualshock 2.

Was also thinking of emulating FF12. I remember my low end amd card being able to play it pretty nice with alot of tweaking.

Would also like to know why Higan is shit since that is what I'm using for chrono trigger.

I used to own an N64 but never really played it since I also had a Playstation.

Last year I found out Doom 64 was actually a completely different game to the original, so I played it on a PC port called DoomEx (I think) and was blown away.

Thinking of emulating the some more games, but not sure if they've aged like shit, what the best emulator is or whether a more recent port exists that plays better.

The main ones would be Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, F-Zero, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie.

That's probably enough for now, any help very appreciated.

Byuu is more and more focused on making something only he can use while rejecting the criticism that his program has issue or that some of his decisions are bad (main things were completely rejecting the idea that he could improve input lag without impacting anything else as demonstrated by one of the forks and removing the ability to use gambatte as the SGB emulator and instead using his unfinished core)
Meaning that right now you're still better off using one of the older forks and even then not really since SNES9x got a good overhaul of some of it's emulation issues in 99% of cases.
If it works for you just keep using it though

look into it
pairing the controller through blue tooth? I've already done that. Still not planing on playing on cellphone any day soon
(checked)
wew

Honestly I just use whatever this wiki suggests, no idea if its pozzed or not.
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Emulation on the wii is really great. the best snes emulator for me is retroarch. Without its shit UI like on the pc it is a good emulator. Gameboy advance emulator is still getting worked on last I checked. Not to mention there is an n64 emulator called not 64 that works really well and was / is being worked on. Nintendont and usb loaders for wii games are a great bonus as well.

Few reasons I'm using higan.

Its on the pc, so higher resolutions than the 480p the wii outputs.

An excuse to test out the ps2 controller on pc.

For some reason Chrono trigger just looks more colorful on higan than any other emulator I've tried it on.

I only gave that one site as an example, but there are plenty of other public and easy to access places that have the no-intro set, I'm pretty sure it even is on the EP forums since they seem to have better content than the actual site.
You seem quite fixated on calling out things that didn't actually happen, maybe you should calm down.

>emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
Yeah it's pretty much the best source of emulation info / resources overall, not always really consistent in what is recommended (good example being that it doesn't recommend any of the bSNES fork except one when they all are basically the same emulation wise) but the ones that are generally are the best.
Higan applies some sort of color correction automatically iirc

That's what all closed emulator devs say. That's also what Notch said before palming it off to Microsoft.

Emuparadise's ROM collections are No-Intro these days. If you're really paranoid, verify using Redump or No-Intro or whatever, that's what checksums are for!

The bottom line with byuu: His SNES emulation core is good but everything else is dreadful. Use it through RetroArch.

I'll just go fuck myself then.

listen kiddo, Its ok. We all can't be perfect. When you stop being autistic. I'll stop pointing out your autism. Until then hang tight.

Likewise, then again it seem more like schizophrenia than autism in your case.

Bumping this question

Not sure, I'd assume 4th gen system / NEOGEO and similar arcade systems work fine for the most part
WiiU would be more powerful but has less support.
The XBOX isn't a bad emulation box either way if you want CRT output without dealing with crtemudriver.

Not exactly emulation-related but it sort of is related.

I've been living under a rock for the last gorillion years and just discovered the in-home streaming for steam which is sort of a neat thing to have. Any worthwhile programs that do the same thing outside of steam worth noting?

tbh though I gout OB on my ps2 all kitted out and can do the same shitty loop-de-loop but on the actual hard drive, it was fun playing emu resident evil. The games you actually got all the way through were always fun. Open outbreak folks are pretty tolerable.

At that point just use Snes9x
The Retroarch core for BSNES hasn't been updated in years and doesn't work properly with various romhacks and translations.

I'm working for an emulation guide for AC 1-3, give feedback/corrections/additions/etc please.

wat

use this guide instead, much simpler and cleaner.

Point user towards the git builds of PCSX2 (buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/), they don't have to install it and instead can extract the file from an archive, also recently there's been a ton of fixes to Lilypad that also involve it's PS1 mode so it's a good reason to prefer doing that over using the stable version in the installer
Have the sound plugin be eternal SPU instead, it's better than others when it comes to crackling and it doesn't have the occasional sound effect that sounds nothing like the original.
Would be nice to mention Overclocking because AC3 can have slowdown at times
Might wanna mention that you might need.bin/.cue rips of the game since at-least AC1 is a multitrack game (in which case you also need to put that it's the .cue file you want to open)

There was a small error there, but I fixed it.

ace combat games have 4-6 second load times on real hardware, don't talk about things you've never experienced because you were too young.

Thanks for LilyPad and bin/cue tips.
Eternal SPU causes crackling in AC1 in my experience, and I haven't heard any problems with P.E.Op.S. Do tell me if there are any, though.
Overclocking seems to fuck up the physics in all three games.

don't be retarded.
anything an accurate emulator would put you through.

you forget contacting your nearest scalper for the games also Sony PVM aren't being gifted in the side of the street user, if they are selling for ridiculous prices in america they cost an arm in the rest of the world, plus you have to modify your playstation to output RGB.

5/10 Nice try

No one needs those, scalper scum.

Well Peops doesn't fuck up anything in AC so it's good for the purpose of the guide, but it doesn't like squaresoft game that much iirc.

There's no major issue with bSNES 0.94 so there's not gonna be any major changes anytime soon.
Last bugfix was a backport of the Star Ocean fix a couple month ago

Find me another CRT with RGB input then.

might as well go with consumer grade composite CRTs aka "blur my shit up"

oh and before you are done searching google, let me tell you most of the alternatives are yet even more expensive than PVMs, the only ones cheaper always lack controls, are burned, or are tiny as fuck.

Horse shit.

Mednafen/pcsx2

Select your roms out of the browser like a normal person.

2d systems up to the snes work fine…. but get a wii instead. Xbox doesn't do 240p and the controller is rubbish.

?

You can just chipmod a PSX you know, I bought a chipped PSX for 30 dollars.

Has anyone managed to get Monster Hunter Portable 3rd running? It crashes for me on every startup.

On PPSSPP, that is. MHFU works perfectly, but I'd like to give MHP3rd a run through.

They have some P3rd ISO that has the HD PS3 textures that runs on PPSSPP. I played on that with the "natural colors" filter built in to PPSSPP. Shit was incredible.

you really can't criticize small crts when you play on a phone tbh, just get a scanline gen, 31khz pc crt, extron and bam you have authentic look at simulated 240p and rgb for like $35.

try not to be retarded

first time playing link to the past. those rooms where you had to push some odd block as solution where cancerous

If MAME and MESS can merge, and RetroArch can use MAME cores, and BizHawk can use libretro cores, what are the chances that these projects merge and become the ultimate emulator?

The phone isnt my main emulation machine, thats just to kill time when im outside, i took the trouble of building a pc that outputs 15khz using CRU and and an old amd card then taking the rgbs out of the dvi port and passing it to a PVM.

I also manually build a sync combiner and a video amplifier circuits to hack consumer tvs to use rgbs. But that method was difficult because it varies from tv to tv, and I was only using it until I got my hands on a PVM

The GBA port (the one that includes Four Swords, the improved text, an extra quest with new reward and the Palace of the Four Sword, but for some godforsaken reason squandered it by making Link screech every time you push B) alleviated the Ice Palace puzzle solution because apparently a lot of players got stuck there back in the day.

He's also friends with BMF54123 of The Cutting Room Floor‎, who's just about the furthest thing possible from a badass mother fucker (pic related).

CEMU 1.8 IS OUT!
For Patreon faggots only for now
There are links to it but Patreon builds actually use DRM so we need to wait for a crack. But seeing as it is coming out for non-patreons in a week and seeing as Mudlord is a complete fucking faggot we may not even get a crack before then

The ENTIRE shader backend has been completely rewritten, people are reporting the shader generation stutter is completely eliminated and I'm going to wager it also means most if not all crashes in BotW are also fixed since that was supposedly being caused by too many shaders loaded into memory at once.
My balls feel all tingly with excitement

Asked in the PS2 thread, but figure I might as well ask here instead since it's more relevant. Serves me right for being a retarded faggot who didn't search the catalog before posting.

Is PCSX2 any better with older CPUs, such as the Phenom II, for full speed emulation at a decent resolution and scaling? I tried it out when I built the PC 6 years ago, and it was unplayable. Tried it once more 2 years ago and it ran all right, but still wasn't up to my standards of playability(little to no stuttering.) Is it better now, or should I stop being a poorfag and shell out the shekels for a modern CPU? All I'd realistically want to do is run a game at native framerate at double, maybe triple res.

What is the best computer setup on the market for emulation?
I want to run CEMU as well as possible and I have about 700$ to spend.

What the actual fuck is going on in this thread
sage for confusion

Don't fall for the Skylake meme, those CPUs are pretty much rebrands of the Haswell series. They offer a slight boost in performance for CPU intensive tasks like rendering, but you likely won't much difference in the performance of your video games. You could go for Ryzen, but it's a relatively new chip and it doesn't have the proven reputation that older chips have in regards to emulation, so who knows how well they'll perform. Once you've got the CPU, motherboard, and GPU, everything else is left to your discretion. Buy things that are affordable and that work within your case's dimensions.

Here, have a template. This is just an example. You can mix and match parts or whatever, but this is a decent build, although you could probably get a lot cheaper if you're willing to purchase refurbished/second hand or if you purchase during sales/with some type of discount, etc. This machine will run modern games along with practically every other emulator out there, but it may have graphical problems with CEMU, because the devs have not optimized their emulator with AMD cards in mind. When they iron those problems out, though, you should be fine.
pcpartpicker.com/list/wJmzd6

I'm not in this conversation but showing off your ignorance doesn't make you look cool.

I've never understood why people go for 80+Gold PSU when the difference in efficiency from Bronze, let alone Silver is so small, could you fill me in on this user?

I think it's just about the amount of energy, and money, that you save, given that your power supply is more efficient. You save more, you spend less in the long term. It really adds up on a yearly basis, assuming that you actually run you computer for a long spans of time. There might be other reasons, but I'm not sure.

I already have a thousand dollar rig I play video games on. The thing is, it's Ryzen and Ryzen isn't exactly the best at CEMU. what I want is a box that is minmaxed for CEMU. so just one core, highest IPC, and no multitasking at all.

In that case, I would just wait for improvements to be made to the emulator itself.

What would be the best emulators to play warship gunner 2 (ntsc) on either win 7 or linux mint? Please explain to me how to get it running, I am retarded at this thing.

Highly unlikely coz the people behind all those projects most likely hate each other.

Not really no.

How the fuck do I get this Nessiccalive shit to work?

Depends entirely on the games you want to emulate.
2D games are less demanding and will probably run at full speed.

top kek

You can keep repeating that bullshit fed to you by SP and his ilk to excuse their laziness. The fact is that the libretro core has a bunch of issues with romhacks that not even higan,Snes9x or real hardware does.

It's the "bigger is better" mentality, it's mostly a marketing gimmick. At 20% load with a 750W PSU the difference between bronze and gold is like 10W, which is akin to a single LED light bulb. I guess it's up to you to decide if you spend enough time above 50% load to justify the cost, but I doubt 95% of consumers do. People tend to buy way more PSU than they need to be on the safe side.

You say that like its a bad thing. Given how Ryzen itself is more or less competing with Haswell performance wise

Shadow of the Colossus
Do you fucking speak english? Anything that's emulatable.
Nah
I just hate the the fact that so many of you love using shit like retroarch
pcsx2 because at the moment it's a piece of shit and for several years it's been a piece of shit

oh, thanks for the info, I suppose I've missed that chance to play the port instead, but then again I do value the better graphics of snes/non-handheld games, at least a bit

oh yeah, and I did also get stuck at the ice dungeon for quite a bit, and some other times in the game as well. But really satisfying when you figure it out

Somethingreally horrobly happened with video games around 2006 and now it getting more and more creepier. The new mario is most retarded thing i ever saw. Good to know that emulation is a thing and i can still enjoy good games made before 2006 and even if hell comes down to earth i still have enough games from that time to play.

drastic is the only good emulator
install gentmotion and then patch drastic with lucky patcher if you want decent ds emulation

Could you post a link?

take a look at this image

Keep in mind that that image is several years old at this point, and PCSX2 has had major performance improvements since then, especially in the past year.

Pcsx2 requirements have gone up year after year. Run older versions or well, get the real hardware if you don't want headaches.

Not really, if you use the newer OGL plugins or some of the advanced functions that got backported to DX then yeah in some cases it will seriously impact the speed.
But if you use DX without the newer hacks it shouldn't be any slower and it's overall faster if you use SW.

but I'm not the one claiming all *.smc roms are headdered and ought to be headered. I'm not the one shilling for internet archive. I just took the autists assumption to be true and then admired the mistake when I realized the assumption was wrong.

Man you are a salty kid. Maybe you ought to take a break from the internet.

admitted *

I didn't have internet for a day

Fair enough.
Also to clarify something about .sfc/.smc
.smc is what the most popular copier outputs, copier automatically output with headers because they need it, .sfc is what people normally rename the file to when it contains nothing but the game ROM dump, so yes having an .smc without header is possible but it's not expected, the main reason why .sfc exist is so you don't have to check manually if there's an header or not but obviously there's always the one person who doesn't care.

Thanks to the user who told me about Mednafen, been really nice to play PSX games without any hassle for the last week. Playing Symphony of the Night I realise how amazing it was back then, but never metroidvanias have definitely imporved upon the exploration and movement part of the genre, backtracking is too much in this one.

aaaaahhhh fuck

wait nevermind this cpu overclock thing fixes it, thank goodness

It will only become Free-software in 10 years when it's surpassed by other better emulators and CEMU is in a state of disrepair and abandoned. Pretty much what happened to P64.

That's IF the dev is still alive in 10 years which seeing as how the West is being run over by Ottomans and have 2nd millennia amnesia, because most old closed emulators are still closed source to this day.

Decaf is still alive, and somehow made impressive progress in the little devtime it got between hiatus (in total it got about a year of somewhat active devtime when CEMU is bordering on 3), in a couple year it'll be fine if it doesn't get abandoned.

I don't know about that, NOGBA seems to work well.

Anyone can suggest me some GBA/DS Digimon?

Saw that coming from a mile away really, the introduction of the d3d12 renderer was probably some guy wanting to get some work done so he can prove to a big company he has the qualification for a specific job.

bump

is there an updated psp recommendation image?

Digimon World DS
Digimon Dusk and Dawn
Digimon Championship
All for DS.
For GBA I don't know.

just watched the new launchbox developer video, around 30 min he says
he is going down the way of nico sjw-ism.
welp, good to know that a crack already exist. I hope someday someone comes up with a better option as launchbox.

Man, emulators are fucking amazing

Whats your CPU?

must be some significant bugs in there. Are you telling me botw is already 100% playable on high end systems with no/only minor issues?

There are semi-rare crashes you can run into. But not more than you would playing the average Bethesda game. Other than that really nothing, not even graphical bugs (aside from smoke not being rendered) unless you have GPU cache accuracy set to low but even those are rare now (my screenshots have GPU cache accuracy on low and as you can see its perfectly fine)

Oh yeah, and thumbnails aren't being rendered in the Save File Selection/Camera album. I would not really call this a significant bug because its mostly superficial and its actually a very easy fix (you have to copy the actual jpeg thumbnails from the BOTW files over to your save and then change the folder permissions so CEMU doesn't overwrite them)

well that's pretty dope

Also looking now I believe the crashes only affect people that need the GPUFence hack to stop the Nvidia drivers from taking all your RAM (the hack just calls for adding a single line to a config file for CEMU itself) If you have AMD you should actually be fine as far as that goes. Or you can try playing without the Fence hack on Nvidia but it really slows you down

I thought 1.8.0 changed the way shaders are used, stopping Nvidia from hogging your RAM.

OP is already pitching emulators vs real hardware, if he wanted to reduce shitposting he would try to avoid such topics.

Overpriced, a bronze is enough just don't go for a shit brand.

I have an i5 4670k, the latest i7 is only 25% faster in single core speed, its also better than a ryzen 1600 for emulation, there is no reason to upgrade a haswell i5 until Ice Lake comes out in 2019 if all you do is play games and do mundane stuff in your PC.

That is not what the fenceskip hack does

So did I, but I still needed the fence hack shit. Shader cache generation is significantly faster though and there's a lot less stutter.

what's the best gui for use with mednafen?

RetroArch.

user pls

anything else i need to set up?

I want to emulate Front Mission 3, for the SNES. I use to use ZSNES but I've seen people talk shit about it over the years since I last used it. Is it okay? What SNES emulator should I use instead if it's not?

You sure your thinking of the right game user?

I'm thinking of Front Mission 1, sorry. that's the one on the SNES. I want to play that one. I played it as a kid and never completed it.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Super_Nintendo_emulators

You have to be more specific than that. What core and game?

For example, PS1 emulation needs BIOS files or else you get nothing.

Nevermind
fixed it by renaming 2 bios files.

did you turn the console on after you put the game in?

ZSNES is the NESTICLE that never went away.

Retroarch

Well, I guess I'll play Pandora's Tower instead.

Currently replaying Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on custom 1964 emulator with Mouse Injector. Runs amazingly well.

That's because back in the day games were challenging, now they're just opium for the retarded masses.

Thanks!
Why'd I think Dusk was on GBA?

Is there any sort of plug-and-play Mac OS 9 emulation out there? I was stuck with a mac growing up (thanks, dad) and want to get my nostalgia on but holy fuck OS 9 emulation seems convoluted.

Has anyone ever had menu glitches or issues when emulating F-Zero X? When I try to recently, I cannot scroll down whatsoever without it going straight back up, no matter what controller or input setting I select, and when the menu to choose a course/cup or machine comes up, all the course previews or machines are layered on top of each other. The gameplay itself is perfectly okay, it's just the menus for whatever reason.

turning off bilinear filtering and force point-sampled texture filtering make N64 look way better imho.

what emulator are you using?

Would be of use? Also I would really consider having a guide or being able to use a GUI convoluted. Hopefully sourceforge.net/projects/os9exec/ may be of use.

Project64 1.7, although I swore I had another version of it. Might as well check if 1.6 will solve the issue. Or a better emulator if I wasn't forced to use a toaster, naturally.

Well 1.6 gets rid of the layering tracks/machine problem like my screenshots had, but still can't seem to scroll down in the menus at all either. Game practically forces me to choose the top most choice even if I'm using a keyboard instead of a controller, yet can still go left and right for the most part.
Polite sage for double posting

Oh ma gahhh

The fuck is this shit do you have some kind of overdraw?

Does a-anyone have a BotW 1.2 ISO?
I tried getting it from a friend, but something fucked up on my end and I ended up stopping. I don't think I'll even like it, but I just want to see.

nigga just download it from Nintendo's servers

BotW 1.2 is broken in CEMU supposedly. You need 1.1 or lower. You can grab the base game and 1.1 specifically from WiiU USB helper. I have no energy to tell you how to actually load the update in CEMU but I will tell you CEMU jas a framework for loading updates and/or DLC and don't be one of those retards who try to merge the update data with the game data files. I trust you can Google the rest

Wait nevermind I'm retarded. 1.2 is fixed in CEMU 1.8 but you'll need to download the crack for it unless you're willng to wait like 3 days for the non-patreon build

Does anyone have the cracked version? that mudlord guy doesn't do it anymore by the looks of it.

There's literally an entire subreddit dedicated to CEMU piracy
inb4 hurr muh reddit
reddit.com/r/CemuPiracy/comments/6cxwmh/cemu_18_uncracked_for_now_%CA%96/

The above URL is misleading, the crack is in the OP

thanks, looks like you've got to update your graphic packs and shader cache for them to work in 1.8

The entire shader backend was completely rewritten from scratch. BotW no longer has those annoying as fuck graphical flickering (Vah Ruta is now completable without getting a seizure). You will find it generates morw shaders than before HOWEVER even then its actually significantly faster at compiling in the beginning as well as generation during gameplay (so less annoying stutter now too)

archive.fo/ZQlUv
How has he not gotten better by now? Who even uses his emulators anymore?

botw only uses about 9GB of ram this time as well as opposed to using 15 for me in 1.7.5

forgive me for being a retard/newfag, but is this considered piracy or is it legal to use?

just downloading from nintendo's servers directly with a windows device seems.. risky is all. So I wonder whether I'll have to use a vpn to mask my ip, or if downloading from them (on windows/other devices) isn't covered in their TOS and as such is a grey area, or if nintendo doesn't care at all anyway

What's a good alternative?

No$Zoomer used to be popular in my circle of friends quite some time ago. It had something the other emulators didn't have, but I can't recall what. Might of been filters to make pixels better.

Anyone had trouble getting RE: Nemesis to work with Mednafen? It boots up and goes to the "This game contains scenes of intense violence and gore", but doesn't go any further from that. If anyone has ran into this same issue, please help, I really wanna play again.

People who have comps that need emulators optimized.
Not having to search for parts to piece it together is also a plus. Still can't run one of the main reasons I started bothering with Emulators

Some of his emulators are good for specific tasks and he does a great job of properly documenting his work.
no$psx has a debugger, no$gba is the only DS emulator which can run DSi games(no point in using it though as the tools to dump the bios are incomplete).
His emulators got a lot of use because of their low system requirements especially back when Desmume didn't even have Dynarec

where did you get your ISO from?

mupen64plus got a hefty update recently. Its a good alternative to it though you'll still need to juggle between the two emulators and different plugins for certain games.

I've tried both US and Europe versions from Emuparadise and Coolrom, none have worked. Coolrom EU version is the only one that got me to this screen at least and booted.

Kikepedia says RE3 is also available for the PC.

Emuparadise has bad dumps for PS1 games that don't work with mednafen
Get the no intro sets from Rutracker or any other site.

What controller solution do you use?

The way actual transactions work on a real console is you first buy the game, then you're granted a key, this key is used to access the download servers. USB helper does the exact same thing, takes a key, and then uses it to "unlock" the download servers. Here's the difference, its more flexible, you CAN use it legally if you only import keys you legally obtained (which can be dumped from a modded console) OR you can get the keys from a public key database. Nintendo really can't tell the difference regardless. But one method is more legal than the other obviously

okay thanks for explaining it. I'm assuming nobody has really gotten sued because of this or received warnings? Well whatever, too lazy to mask my ip with some shit vpn or something so I'm just gonna use it

you cant run version 2.3 and just turn off the begging for support option ?
Odd I cant scroll down ether. I never played F-Zero X before, just assumed the other cars needed to be unlocked.

all of his emulators are dog shit

Its not the emulator its the Resident Evil games in general. This same issue is known to happen on ePSXe with all the Resident Evil Games. Try getting the EBOOT.PBP version (PSX on PSP ISOs) or Mounting the ISO with Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools.
emuparadise.me/PSX_on_PSP_ISOs/Resident_Evil_3_-_Nemesis_(USA)/164176

just to be clear this will run perfectly with ePSXe. You don't run the EBOOT.PBP with ppsspp. The other good thing about EBOOT.PBP's is they usually contain all the CD's in one file.

wat do(in b4 i need a pad no matter what)

why the fuck are the cemu fags focusing on botw when SM4SH was released way before? It wouldn't even need much improving, just a fucking sound fix first of all, it runs already smooth at 60 fps, there's just some graphical glitches. It would still be enjoyable if only the sound worked. Well and maybe the text

Because 40k dollars, user.

Gotta dripdfeed minor updates to keep the patreonbux flowing,
Tthat or he fucked up by focusing exclusively on BotW and has to rewrite tons of shit because of it.

Anyone else have experience with n64 usb controllers? I bought one for like 15 bucks, works fine, but the joystick is so stiff it hurts to use

Are we going to still need 16GB or more RAM to play Zelda?

also: how do i fix mednafen(64 bit) "switched to win7 basic settings" bs whenever i try to run a game?

You can't.

any good place to get japanese ps1 isos? been trying to run some games on retroarch only to find out that start doesn't work at all with them(mostly crapcum shit)

There's the redump set torrent floating around that you should find on any decent magnet search site but it's kind of incomplete so you'll also have to find the non redump set for that.
Only place I know that's not torrent that has all the good stuff is nitroroms but they have a shitty quota system.