Starcraft 2

I recently played WoL campaign for the first time. I thought the challenge and variety on Brutal difficulty was quite decent.

I know I'm a little late to the party saying this but I immediately started HotS and, well, the campaign was absolutely pants on head retarded, as well as much, much less challenging that WoL. I liked the ability to customise Kerrigan and unit types and the mission variety was still quite good but damn if they pissed all over the plot from the original.

Is LotV worth playing or is the story and (lack of) challenge not worth it.

If you think HoTS is retarded just wait until you see the ending where Kerrigan becomes God and takes Jim away and they live happily ever after.

Play it all and you'll have a gnawing feeling that Blizzard had no fucking idea what to do with the franchise in three standalone games, singleplayer or multiplayer.

WoL is the only good campaign.

If you want more game, go play LotV.
If you want more plot, drop it.

Just play Mass Recall.

All I remember from Wings of Liberty's campaign is that I turtled up until I got a nice Battlecruiser/Repair Science Vessel deathstack and proceeded to Attack/Move the entire map.

Why? SC1 missions were basic as fuck

lmao, nice lies Todd

Mass Recall scales them up pretty nicely so that they're actually somewhat challenging at-least unless you go mass air but that's a given
It also has all the SC1/64 content not just SC+BW

Yeah plot dies after/during hots, but legacy is fun for what it tries to do

LotV is okay. It gets away from prophecy shit for the most part to focus on gathering up a bunch of Protoss to go fight people. But then right at the end it abandons that for prophecy shit.

They knew it wasn't worth it. And daily reminder that this crap started around Frozen Throne. I knew it was going shit the moment Arthas and Illidan duel had those retarded swirling anime backgrounds.

well i havent played lotv yet, but i played heart of the swarm, and its pretty fun how hyper aggressive you can be when you specialize for it.

WoL was good. HoTS and LotV were shit
t. Guy who beat all of them on brutal and kinda regrets giving Blizz money for the latter two

Mike pls.

Who?

He knows.

ya got me
just kidding what the fuck are you saying

Dont be so down, there's still custom campaigns and co-op mode.

Arcade is fucking dead compared to what it used to be. Zealot Frenzy, Marine Arena, Smashcraft (the saddest one I had) and a plethora of other custom maps all fucking dead compared to what they used to be
That's not to say there isn't high quality maps but the place is fucking dead.
Blizzard utterly fucked everything since HotS and I want them to suffer
Co-op mode is a'ight for a time, but they went the Sm4sh route in terms of DLC with how much they priced these fucking characters. Fenix was the first and likely only DLC from anything I'll ever buy ever

Saddest loss*

Can't say I disagree, I just want old Blizzard back. I practically grew up on Warcraft 3. Also, have you considered Stukov? From what I've seen he's less micro-intensive than other commanders.

I made an exception for Fenix because he's based off my favorite character in all of fiction; Ideally I'd have wanted the "real" Fenix as a DLC commander, not this Talandar, who's nothing but a cheap imitation
I generally do not buy DLC out of principle 99.9999% of the time, though I will admit Stukov's abilities looked really interesting. That mecha-lisk thing made me cum buckets.
I prefer micro to macro tbh, but all of them require a stupid amount of macro.
I think Blizzard has a chance to salvage itself with their SC1 remaster; its kind of an indirect admittance of them saying they basically screwed the pooch till the corpse was raw and bloody with SC2. They wanna get that old market back; let's see if this is a step in the right direction.
though I wholly doubt it as they're using a retconned Artanis as the basis of the SC1 campaign in the remaster from what the website says, which pisses me right the fuck off

Wait, what? What exactly do you mean by "retconned"?

DUDE DO NOT BUY THE NOVA DLC IF YOU THINK THE HOTS IS BAD

holy shit

this was for OP

Huh?

Sorry for the slow response; at work atm
I kinda miscommunicated. I meant they're retconning him in in place of the player character executor, which pisses me off.

there is nova DLC that happens after the 3rd expansion StarCraft II: Nova Covert ops

shit is straight trash there is even an " I'm with Her" achievement

classy

Do you think if Starcraft HD isn't a total fuck up, and the custom scene is properly supported by Blizzard, that we'll see a renaissance in SC1, including e-sports?

Its possible. Those things happening in the first place would be a challenge, and with nu-blizz at the helm, I'm not sure I trust them to accomplish that.