V/ Gamenight Thread Battlefield 2142: Sunday Thread

No longer crashing at the end of every round edition
Brought to you by >>>/radcorp/

Anons ingame now

Come play Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 2's arctic sci-fi themed brother.
>Crashing all the time

Game Info
Server name: Infinity Gamenight Part 2
No pass required right now. If a pass is needed, it will be set as infv for reference.
Server is unranked, adjust the settings in the server browser to find it if needed.

Download
battlelog.co/downloads.php#client
Sign yourself up for a Revive account if you don't have one already (yes, you can use fake emails). Login and download the launcher. Follow the directions in the launcher in order to install Battlefield 2142.

Other urls found in this thread:

ghostbin.com/paste/vb558
youtube.com/watch?v=op0P8sItWgI&list=PLekLNd-Buy4BrlGUgKaCk45k-EcBU1t52
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FAQ
I crash on startup!
Make sure you enabled widescreen support in the settings.

How can I run the game in Windowed mode?
Same settings tab to enable widescreen support in the launcher, except tick the Windowed Mode tab.

Where is the Linux/Mac version?
Battlefield 2142 supports Windows, and Battlefield 2 supports Mac and Windows. Tweaking will be required if you plan on running it on Linux.

Where can I find the server?
In Battlefield 2142, press the Multiplay button, then Online, then Advanced, untick Ranked, then press Update List, then scroll down until you find Infinity Gamenight in the server list. You may need to untick Populated as well depending on how many people are connected.

Why is the loading so slow?
Both BF2 and BF2142 optimize the shaders on first load for maps when first launched and/or video settings are changed. This makes the first loads take long but subsequent loads are much quicker.

What are the classes in this game?
The classes available are Recon, Assault, Engineer and Support. The Recon class is a stealthy sniper class, the Assault is a mixture of a medic and rifleman, the Engineer is a demolitions and anti vehicle expert, while the Support is a defensive machinegunner. These classes can be modified with various equipment for situations as well as light and heavy armors sacrificing mobility for extra protection.

What are the gamemodes?
Conquest: Hold points around the map while reducing enemy tickets, win by having the enemy tickets reduce to zero.
Assault Lines: Same as Conquest, except one team starts holding all control points.
Titan: Capture control points to activate missile silos that damage the shields of the enemy's massive floating carrier. Destroy the enemy titan to win.

How do I heal?
As the Assault class, equip your medkit and either hold them or throw them on the ground. They will heal you and nearby teammates in either situation.

How do I revive teammates?
As Assault, customize your loadout so that you are carrying the defib. The server is configured to give you one automatically, however typically you will need to unlock the defib through a ranked server. When a teammate is down, just equip your defib

How do I use a parachute?
Press the jump button while falling.

Why are there two threads up at once?
Mods might be asleep.

Thanks for the sticky.

Current map list is cycling between conquest and titan

8 players

Are we gonna do Titan mode anytime soon?

Rotation is set to conquest-titan-conquest-titan

Up to 13 now.

Titan map in 2 minutes.

Will join in a bit.

Currently at 16/48, come play

2hs remaining
I WILL COME

Up to 17 now, anons slowly coming in.

And after that BF2142?

Server will be up all day and maybe tomorrow if there's interest

Let's see if I can do it again. 26 fags on now.

Keep it up please, haven't played this shit in forever.

joinin

Apparently I could do it again, let's go for 4. 30 faggots ingame.

It's 7-8pm in most of Europe user. I got dubs four times, truly this thread is blessed.

i want to fucking die

I'm sorry to hear that user. You can download and install the game manually from any torrent/legit version and point the revive launcher at it and that works too, though potato net might still make that slow.

lets keep this server up later than last night. i know it was a 'test' but tonight is the only night i have for all-night vidya

are the weapons locked or something? When I go to customize, it's just the one weapon available for each class.

I'll join later when there's more people. The current server is a huge steam roll of one team dominating the other.

That's how it works, I'm afraid. Host set it to unlock as much as he could (defibs and shit).

That's the plan user.

Is this map making people crash?

For my own reference: current map is molokai.

That is indeed a problem, I'll see if I can persuade fags to mix up the teams a bit.

When you're downloading so slow you break the counter
looking for a torrent now

Don't worry, that isn't the start of the crash every round bug again.

crash wew
How to make a fucking squad?

charlie squad best squad

In the kit menu there's a tab. You have to be alive.

press caps lock to toggle the squad menu, then just click create

we should put a password on that bitch, theres normalfags seeping in now that we've got some numbers

I'd settle for just having the server back to be honest.

Won by 2 seconds.

serb ded?

I don't know. Hosting-user is ded.

it'll be back

be cool

I prefer panic and blaming the Jews.

remain calm and continue to gather rope

how do you use the apc to pod onto titan? tutorial says right mouse button but it didn't seem to work last match. Had to frag my self in the end.

These rounds go pretty smoothly. Compared to the EU pub servers, these rounds have a good pacing.

fuck this flying shit, I'm bring that titan right up to the other one, we dueling pirate style.
Im sure it will end terribly

Remember to tell hostfag he's a fag for not ticking 'autorestart server' when he shows up.

While we wait: what's the best SoL anime? There is a wrong answer…

(checked)
hostfag confirmed for being a huge faggot

It's back.

Backup server is up
Have a quick guide to squads.

BACKUP SERVER UP

Not sure if the round end crash is fixed yet. I'm running the server a little different than last night though, maybe that should fix it?

Installed and Joining

Walker nerf when?

oh well

now we need a backup for the backup

still fun though, I just figured out how to give squad orders.

Or the original host to come back on.

OK hostfag is back.
Please bully him ITT.
If/when this current server crashes swap back to part 2, that's it for crashing tonight

I'm getting kinda sick of shooting people point blank and them not dying

AND game crashing every time I as much as sneeze at it.
BF2>BF2142

sorry, that was the first crash the server had and I didn't see the auto-restart option pls no bully

Aim for the head, they'll go down. Also remember to pick heavy armour on customisation.

Agreed, but anons outvoted me so what can you do?

Why you guys using private servers? Last time I checked you can play this game for free on the official servers

That looks about right though we're up to 17 again now.

Official servers went down, Revive revived the game (hence the name).

Client crash No 5 for me.
This is not fun. It was fun yesterday. It is not fun now.
Wish we were playing BFBC2 instead.

That's unfortunate user, at least it's not the server crashing. Sometimes certain people have issues with specific maps, is that it?

To call a vote press tab, hold down jump (right mouse click) and click on the bit that says 'server'.
Please stop calling votes and pick a map faggots.

map list for reference:
ghostbin.com/paste/vb558

give me titan mode, or give me death

Next map user.

back up to 23

33*

Saved by the crash.

FUCK

Crashed

you gotta be shitting me

right wen we were about to go unleash a broadside

superhero here, you guys did good! Hope you had fun playing! a shame the server crashed

Did it crash again?
Is it because of how many people are?

At least we know the auto-restart script works.

That is possible.

back up

sometimes it tends to crash if you move the titans. You have to have the right settings to prevent that

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WE WERE AT MAIN GUN RANGEEEEEEEEEEE

Ok, get back in fags and we'll put a titan map back on.
PAC WERE WINNING AND YOU ALL SAW IT

I have visual record (sorry for ocular trespassing without authorization)

Back to a titan map.

What settings? Just disable moving Titans?

two catastrophic client crashes and i'm taking a break

I'm done for now. Hostfag, switch up the map rotation. DO conquest, titan, conquest, titan, ect. Its getting boring.

It should be on that.

2142: Never Again.

Any easy way to convert a .flv file into a .webm or at least .mp4?
I forgot to set OBS settings and now all my files are .flv. XMediaRecode is acting up.

ffpmeg works well

xmedia recode. i don't have the image with all the settings though; default webm settings can take a while to encode

honestly can't be arsed to re-learn how to use ffmpeg again and I know the "How to make a webm on Holla Forums" by heart.
Xmediarecode crashes after hitting 49,4%

codec: VP9
rate control mode: variable bitrate or constant quality

2-pass takes some extra setup that I forget off-hand

now you wait

are you cursed or what

user, don't be a yes
whatever, I'll just upload everything I have on jewtube. Yes I know it's quite and there's a black bar.

Is that the one which crashed mid-map? That was a brilliant game.

No, that's the first 5 minutes of the match right after, uploading all my recording to the same channel, it'll take SOME time (1/12 done so far)

Apparently that crash happened because 'someone tried to crash the titans into each other.

WITH NO SURVIVORS!

OK, all of my videos uploaded, I've put them together in chronological order.
Enjoy!

youtube.com/watch?v=op0P8sItWgI&list=PLekLNd-Buy4BrlGUgKaCk45k-EcBU1t52

As expect. We're back to 22, I'm taking a break for a bit but I'm not hosting so the server should be fine.

Also I suspect we won't do Sunday given the technical issues, I'm up for hearing what others think.

host here, please post itt if you need anything

That last titan round was pretty good; EU almost came back

How we doing? No crashes?

a lot of client side crashes for me, server's fine

Well, sort of stable then. Hooray! I'll dump the screenshots I got in a second.

No client side crashes, no server crashes.

What the fuck is up with the inability to switch prone from the Z-key to the C-key? Even tried to edit the .con files with no avail.

Are you guys still on? I just came home.

Have you tried unbinding c from other controls first?

16 people on.

Updated catalog for future gamenights.

I'm tired of the client crashing at the most inopportune moments (read: at random). I'll upload the rest of the clips I got from today and call it a night. for 2142 at least, I'm still waiting on Samurai Jack finale

Yes.
Yes I have.
Oh so many times.

Fair enough, I'd like to see more of the videos anyway.

That's strange user but it doesn't matter. C is for crouch and Ctrl is for prone. Accept this and things shall become easier.

Well that's enough gaymen for me, Hyde out.

That would work too.
TOO BAD Z IS FUCKING PRONE AAAAAAAAAA

You can rebind that user, I know you can because I've got Ctrl bound to it.

Rip, everyone left

It says 14 ingame right now, dipped to 10 a few minutes ago.

That sure seems to be the case. The remaining issues are the suicidal thoughts I get from using the C key to crouch.

I'm confused user, next you'll be telling me E is for use or something.

But seriously. This shit has worked for BF2 since time immemorial. In every single one of the older BF games. But this piece of cuntflap just refuses to bind C to prone. What the flying fuck DICE.

2142 is basically an extremely well made mod of BF2, it had very little playtesting or polish even on release. I don't know if that was DICE's incompetence, EA refusing to budget appropriately or a bit of both but that's why it only half works.

I'll dump what I've got.

You know user, I'm still waiting for another 10 videos…

There's still people on, by the way, I'm just dumping this shit now.

I can finally sleep in peace

Fun stuff lads. I'm done for now but I'll play more tomorrow if the server is up. We should do BF2 some time.

Just refresh the playlist.
Also, one 17:35 video won't upload because my channel is "unverified". They want my phone number to see if I'm a real human bean (captchka? never heard of her), so yeah, that's not happening, jewgle.
I'll split the video into smaller parts tomorrow or some other time.

We're only doing the two nights this week but BF2142 does have other servers available.

Any odds of getting webms on /radcorp/?

I'll see what I can do, but I am not at encoding.

Nice videos by the way, shame you only managed to get stuff towards the tail end of the night but at least you got some of the good titan games in. We really need to organise a few anons to record during each timezone's peak.

Sever is still up and anons are still on, remember we aren't doing Sunday this week
Feedback, screenshots/videos you got etc etc can go either in this thread or in >>>/radcorp/545

Lovely.

I FUCKING HATE "HELP" POPUPS

"Hello, it looks like you're trying to blow up an enemy titan, need a hand?"

That was bretty fun, gg. Might play in some other serb sunday.

Maybe I'll see you in there user. That's the Holla Forums gamenights done for this week though.

Fucking Pillows and Salad Snake. I blame you both for that crash.
Titans are not for ramming.

how the night went

thats where ur wrong

Thats where you're wrong kiddo.

There was a moment in one of the titans map where I attempted to capture a silo, but a lone enemy walker was there. He tried to shoot me whenever he could but I hid behind cargo where he couldn't get me. A foot soldier is fucking useless against mechs. We spent like five or ten minutes there.

This game needs a full server to properly enjoy it.

this kid cant strafe and hop with a rocket launcher

There's a weak spot in the groin of the walker; you'll know your hitting it when the bullet holes look blue. The problem is the walker can squat and crush you; you need to be directly under it to hit it with small arms.

Pretty much.

baddlefielf :DDDDDD

Last reminder that feedback can go on >>>/radcorp/545

Are we playing tonight?

The servers are finished, but feel free to organize on an existing one ITT

I'm up for another round.
Maybe I'll see some of the ranked serbs to get more items.

If you wanna invade another server then sure, the actual gamenight is officialy over though.

I wish we could go a day after this honestly. I got work tonight and I've been up since last night doing shit. I've been playing this game ever since it came out I'm still pretty shit at it but if you need a commander I'm your guy

Add me in-game, I play in the one pub server sometimes.

SAM_HYDE

Remember to ERP fags.