Hatred/IS Defense Devs Making an RTS

archive.is/DrfAU

What do you think guys? Will it be mediocre again, or have they finally gotten enough money/experience/talent to make something above average?

I'm kind of excited
please don't hurt me

IS defense was relesed?

What I played of Hatred was honestly pretty fun. It was clear that what they were going for was a ripoff of Postal 1 that's updated for current graphics/controls, and in that respect I think they did a great job. Sure the hype due to the controversy surrounding it was a big part of what made it fall flat for a lot of people, but if you judge it on it's own merits I think it's competently made and good for a few hours of gameplay and some laughs at the edginess. I think if the dev team really puts their minds to it they can make a really good game.

There's really no way to fuck up a rts unless you make it for consoles and refuse mod tools for pc

I'm surprised Microsoft is letting them put it out on xbone. I guess they're desperate for console exclusives despite the possibility of bad PR.

It looks more interesting than IS Defense at least.

Bump

How do these guys make games so quickly?
They're not as fast as Jewbisoft or other big devs, but they're a rather small team and their games don't look like total ass. IS Defense was short as fuck with tons of optimization problems, but it looked alright and played decently

what's the difference, in all honesty?

We just don't know man. Polish devs blessed by Jesus is the only answer I can think of.

Whoops.

RTT is on a smaller, tactical scale, and typically doesn't feature any form of base building.

Looks pretty gre-

Oh well

Couldn't they just publish a more "streamlined" version for the Xbone to combat this though?

Neither did C&C4.

Neat trailer, but I don't have high hopes for an RTS that is being developed for PC AND console.

Fuck the Xbone, but good on M$ letting them get the game be on PC

Well they're obviously not trying to portray realistic combat anyway, might be fun, at least they're not relying on controversy to sell this one.

Trailer seemed pretty hollywood to me in terms of the fighting, but then again I'm not expert. The spear parry was cool though, I guess maybe that was what they were going for, pure hollywood guy rampaging gets killed by some schmuck with a spear.

I think by "realistic" the guy just meant not shonen anime levels of over-the-top.

Oh yes there fucking is.

You can accomplish a lot in short time when you aren't burdened by diversity officers and SJW breathing down your neck and hiring incompetent people.

Sounds like it'll be a fun game, if only I didn't suck at RTS. Anyone have any tips as to how to not suck at RTS?
Also
Thanks for reminding me that I needed to pick up IS Defense OP.
It's a beach head style game right?

I used IS defense as a performance test/demo for my expensive jewvidia card. It was pretty fun

Fucking do it

I liked how they basically said "fuck you" to the people trying to censor them, and in the end they won.

However, Hatred runs like ass and gets boring as shit 20 minutes in. I hope these games are better.

I'm surprised nobody has tried calling this out as white nationalist propaganda. With the non-kangz'd european theme and the title "Ancestors" you'd think they'd be all over this.

Yes, it's inspired by Beach Head and is actually pretty fun for a seven dollar game.

Isn't that some shitty Spectrum game or something

From the game so far, it's almost identical to beach head, except ISIS. Wish there were more games like it and beach head, love those games to death.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK NIGGER

game hasn't gotten enough coverage, they only go after popular stuff, look at yakuza 0 vs persona 5.

That part at 1:46 was freaking brutal, I love just how raw their games feel and look.

Sorry

indie neckbeard devs have a lot of free time.

They probably sink more hours into their work because they view game development as something more than a day job.

no thanks

speak of the devil…

These guys are pretty much white nationalists at this point since this game is purely about viking and white culture.

VAE VICTIS!

I mean, it didnt take long for them to go after Hatred.

So are these guys going to make a controversial game aiming to offend or are they going to aim for trying to make something good this time?

Hopefully it's racist enough.

A lot of these smaller studios just build off the exact same mechanics and change camera angles. Look at Falcom.

except it's not a fucking rts, it's more of an rtt from the looks of it.

Fucking noice

Well assuming that hatred given them enough money and experience I assume that can be pretty good

How typical

There isn't even any fucking gameplay and the devs are only known for a second-rate Postal knock-off and a second-rate Beach Head knock-off.

WTF Holla Forums, you're better than this. Aren't you?

There are screenshots on the official page.

I know its none of my business, but perhaps you should raise the bar by wich you're impressed just a little

Okay?

I'm just hyped for next AoE user.

>>>/SomethingAwful/

Unreal has shit-ton of premade assets.
And they ain't going that fast. IS Defense is something you could probably make in a week or two with competent developers and this teaser didn't show any actual gameplay.

Why is everyone and their grandma making viking games this year?

Alt right shekels.

It's their ancestors.

The hatred team is black?

Were vikings black?

And here you almost had me hoping for an at least medicore RTS in the near future.

Yes

user everyone was black until 1945 when Disney invented color film.

They made a fourth Command and Conquer game?

They were much bolder back then and looking for anything out of the norm.

Exactly.

user what is this C&C4?

C&C4 does not exist.
But even in a nightmare world where it did, it would not be an RTS.

I just hope it has something in it to make people salty one more time.
IS Defense was a decent fun little game but the crying by leftists on the internet about it was even better. You can tell the are breaking down even if they act smug.

I ALREADY MADE THIS FUCKING THREAD WEEKS AGO AND Holla Forums SHIT ON ME AND MY THREAD AND NOW YOU GUYS ARE POSTING HERE AND LIKING IT??!!?? FUCK YOU!!!!!!

You came out as an obnoxious faggot.
Just as you do now.

That's a name I haven't heard for a while, but all my whacky and buggy but fun games (7.62, the Konungr series, Planet Alcatraz, White Gold, Precursors) are thanks to them.

They are making a comeback right now, partner up with a lot of Eastern Europe and german companies.

I hope they continue their old trend of publishing crazy slav made games. I can stomach the bad translations since most of the time their gameplay is top notched.

Relic games haven't supported real mods since Company of Heroes 1. Those "tuning packs" that live in the steam workshop are a far cry from what was accomplished in Homeworld, DoW 1 and CoH 1.

And other times the translations end up being hilarious, like Space Rangers

I don't get it.

It's okay, it's already a miracle a special person like you managed to make a post on the board.

Not Important makes every game better.

hmm…

It looks more like an RTT a-la nu XCOM

Remember when Hatred devs had ama here?

Good times

So its going to have 3 levels?

I was annoyed that they pussied out over adding kids, but they would never have been able to get the game released if they did.

Are they going to finally make a good game?

just played a game of openra with the very few people who play it holds up pretty well mechanic wise. why are we bothering with future shit rts when we got still running good ones.
war 3 still is online
scbroodwar just got released for free
most of the Command and conquer games are in some kinda of open source shit or another now

This is the cancer that killed RTS.

WHY ???

Yeah the motion is pretty hollywood in that everything is telegraphed (actual fighting is a lot more standoffish and jabby, but the norsemen stereotype as you know does not include being standoffish and jabby), but the motions are definitely possible and the speed of combat isn't done to anime level, which makes it more relatable and "realistic" to the audience (until you try it for yourself and realize how unrealistic it is of course).

ha ha

Why are Holla Forumseddit webms garbage?

I wish I had game making skills and make a game about the crusades and how they did nothing wrong.

Or the reconquista. I forgot to mention the reconquista and the spanish inquisition.

its something i want lately
fuck

Lel fam

(((You)))

You faggots realize the Red Alert games were released on consoles too, right? This means nothing.
I'd be more worried about the fact that these devs release unoptimized games with meh gameplay.