Is Dark Souls a 3D metroidvania?

Is Dark Souls a 3D metroidvania?

No since upgrades are optional.

What movement abilities help you to get to new areas in Dark Souls?

Oh…

No function and the not a 3D elements down examples toned metroidvania rpg map it is a not simply down upwards.

Are FPS games 3d platformers where you shoot things?

Dark Souls is a 3D redditvania.

Dark souls is the Dark souls of its genre

Dark Souls is the Dark Souls of soulslikes

No. Was this a dumb fucking OP question? Yes

It's a wrestlevania

Is the Royal Rumble the Dark Souls of Wrestling?

No, it's standard key-based progression.

i thought all the cheaters would have moved on to the other games but thats apparently not the case

Fall damage reduction in Dark Souls 2 to get into the gutter.

That's about it for the entire series, unfortunately.

Dark Souls is the Evangelion of anime.

Due to the way the silvercat ring works, it doesn't enable you to get to the gutter, just to take no damage while doing it. Also the primary means is laddersmith gilligan.

So metroidvania

What makes it the primary means? You get handed free fall damage reduction (those cat boots) if you have every lord soul but the Rotten, fall control is an easy way for casters to get in, you can get fall damage reducing gear in the shaded woods, and the silvercat ring is the easiest and earliest available way in. On top of that, you can do a glitch to get down there without any means of fall control. There's a half-dozen ways in there and almost all of them are a new movement ability.

also, to nitpick, the silvercat ring doesn't remove all damage, it just reduces the damage by enough that anyone can survive the initial drop at base hp

I don't think you know what that term means. Or you're baiting, in which case, here's your (You).

Fuck no. I remember overhearing some faggot worker at a hobby store saying that to a coworker after I sperged out on him when he said something retarded about fallout.

You really only have yourselves to blame.

I was on Xbox

Because gilligan is in a logic of opening a new route after progressing through another one, a bit like Licia opens the old iron king route after finding her on the lost sinner route. It's primary in that it's the most logical and surefire way to go down the pit, compared to the others which are a risk you take. I suppose that's just the way I see it though.
Also I thought the way fall damage reduction works is like all other souls, which is suppressing all non-lethal damage, but doesn't do shit for a lethal distance. After looking at fextralife it appears it was changed for DaS to be cumulative and effective on the lethal distance, so I guess I stand corrected.

It's more like a 3D Zelda, as in the original LoZ on the NES. Key-based progression, lots of side content to find and discuss with friends or people online, not a lot of heavy plot in your way.

*changed for DaS2

`>>12596751
Disgusting.
u wot m8

I know that the giant undead who are not giants like the alonne knights or whatever are just big because aesthetic reasons or gameplay reasons or something, but I disagree for whatever it is, its a shit design method and those fucking gooks who made that ugly-ass decision to do it should go jump into the fuck-you-shima reactor or whatever its called.

Man, fuck the souls series tbh, maybe it would be better if it didn't exist, so much wasted potential that gave rise to cancer like the "dork souls is hard because its hard" fake meme. Maybe dork souls 1 was goodish, but the skinner box bullshit is not something anyone in their right mind should do.

Neat art otherwise

Castlevania is the Dark Souls of action platformers.

I think we're done here.

Dark Souls 1 took the really good design ideas from King's Field (like estus) and put them in a game that wasn't total garbage. The game got popular enough that you'll actually see those good ideas implemented in good games.

I'd say its existence is justified.

Fextralife pays google to keep themselves at the very top of search results when at best their site is just a thousand autists feverishly trying to edit the same pages all at once, so visiting their site enables their jewish tricks

How can you use Fextralife and not come to realize that it is absolute garbage? The amount of times I've read something that's flat out wrong or a page that's been attacked by a sperglord with memes is just sad.
or are you an editor who spergs out with memes on pages, perhaps?

Closest thing we're going to see. That image is metal as fuck

Dark Souls is not Castlevania, so it can not be a Metroidvania. Please stop using words incorrectly.

Nope
Your movement abilities are limited throughout the game and most maps are linear straight lines with optional branches

What's important is that it's shit.