Xcom 2 and Gravity Rush 2 any good?

Didn't want to make 2 seperate threads so mashed them together.

So i played GR 2 Demo and was fascinated. I just liked how open it was and it reminded me of the good ol' games, especially how full of deatils and gimmicks they had been. Is GR 2 like that or is it blank? how does the combat look? does it go further than the demo shows? Is the world connected, it kinda gave me the feeling i had for Dragon quest.

I played Xcom 1 and i liked it execpt few things
Any major changes?
Is the RGN still horrible?

If you liked the first one and don't mind modding the dickens out of it, it'll be a worthwhile "buy on sale" with Long War 2. The DLC isn't worthwhile but supposedly there's a major expansion coming 'eventually'.

Never played GR outside of handheld demos.

New xcom is better picked on sale for peanuts, like on a humble bundle, or pirated.
That being said the modding scene on new com is looking promising with that long war is getting a few iterations and another team is working on something big, along with multiplayer.

If you've never played gravity rush 1 or remastered, then it depends on how much you like very simplistic superhero games with good anime charm. I would wait for it to go on sale, as neither game is worth $50-60.

The biggest problem with Xcom 2 is that you never get even a few seconds of downtime where you can just fuck around and research stuff or take a bit of time to pick and choose your missions. It feels exhausting because turn-based combat just takes so long especially when you're just moving dudes from place to place. There should've been something to break it up a little bit like the politics/dialogue stuff in Divinity Dragon Commander.
But otherwise I think it's a gigantic improvement over the first game and there are tons of good mods out there that add new things or rebalance old things so you can tweak it to your liking. I think the mission timers are fine and promote getting yourself into trouble and making use of your dudes to get out unscathed because you can't take it slow and creep around every corner but I know other people who can't stand being pressured at all so they removed them.

XCOM 2 cut out the air combat and panic management and replaced it with a timer. You must complete the final mission within a certain amount of time, or the game automatically ends. While you can delay this, you can never actually stop the timer.
The RNG is completely unchanged. On any difficulty other than Impossible the game can and will cheat in the player's favor to compensate both for the fact that most players are bad at the game, and because any significant RNG is frustrating to deal with.
Oh, and all missions have timers now, too. Most of the time it isn't a big deal, but it forces strategies that run counter to the game's actual design on the player and occasionally you will get a mission bordering on impossible.
Do not buy it if you didn't enjoy the first one, as it's only more of the same in the end. If you did enjoy the first one, try to get it as cheap as you can. Free is fine, too.

Long War 2 is interesting. It significantly expands the base/resistance management, but it also makes the timers significantly worse. Unless you go into the relevant .ini files and edit the timers yourself, expect to see bullshit like needing to go from one ass end of a map to the other ass end in 6 turns if you don't. Having to contend with 8-12+ aliens per pod also forces the player to play more conservatively, which is again completely at odds with having a low turn limit to complete a mission.
Finally, Long War 2 does not play well with map mods at all. Those missions that "border" on impossible become genuinely impossible, as early on your soldiers might not have enough movement to reach the exit under the turn limit even if moving is all you have them do.
It's fun, though. More so than the base game.

Didnt they release an update that broke the old system of dicking around and farming the Ayylmaos?

Anyone tried the new Long War 2 patch? Is it true that infiltration isn't the only viable tactic now?

I wouldn't know anything about it. What would you need to farm for anyway?

Is it possible to mod on the console?
inb4 yes im a console faggit

Haven't checked with Nu-COM 2, but have they fixed the horrible optimization?

MECs suck, thinmen got meme'd into monstergirls, most common enemies are humanlike and psykers are now a dedicated class.

Depends, are you running a toaster?

steamcucks should stop getting their knowledge from reddit memes

E cores and weapon upgrades/PCS probably. I've never heard of this exploit but I just finished an xcom 2 run and didnt see any good opportunities to sit and wait for transports to farm more ayylmaos so… yes?

Do enlighten me what great mods are there on consoles.

Apparently with 1.3 they've overall decreased the pod size and reorganized them while trying to lower the necessary since the game was really stealth focused but I have not tried it since. I hope this so called "Guerilla War" will be good and apparently the tactical alpha or whatever should be coming out soon.

The DOA nude mod existed first on console for example, also you could say that romhacks and undubs are mods too.

Wow, amazing. Since op talked about nucom 2 how is long war on consoles?
How was long war for nucom 1 on consoles for that matter?

gravy rush gave me headaches its the only game that has ever been able to do that.

Xcom 2 "on pc" is a broken mess. STILL

I have never said anything about nucom, though.
OP shouldn't waste money on that turd anyway.

No, you talked as if consoles have any mods worth mentioning and got analflustered when I pointed out that fact

Get the fuck out you sad consoleshit.

Are talking about mods for nucom or mods for console games?
Because bugfixes, undubs, new levels, rebalancing, translation patches and all kind of game modifications have existed for console games for ages.
I don't know if someone cared enough for console nucom to make or port mods for it.

I thought XCOM 1 was way better, just get that and the expansion.

XCOM 2 is broken trash. It's unbalanced as fuck in your favour even on the hardest difficulty. Just play modded Long War 1 or better yet play the originals. I haven't played Long War 2 but I can't imagine it being much better than the base game.

Yes, there's no excuse not to play Open X-Coms.

Well, you're wrong.

Gravity Rush excels in the setting, music, and characters, but a common criticism of the first one was that the combat wasn't too stellar. (I personally thought it was fine but taste varies, obviously).
If you love the feel of it from the demo alone you'll love the rest of it. Flying around the city listening to the stellar soundtrack is a pleasure in itself. Plus Kat a best.