So did they just give up all pretense and gave everyone infinite stamina in this game or what?

So did they just give up all pretense and gave everyone infinite stamina in this game or what?
In previous games they at least tried to imply that everyone had to obey the same rules regarding poise and stamina, but in DS3 everybody is just nonstop flailing their shit at me relentlessly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lIJAICqVntI
steamcharts.com/app/335300
steamcharts.com/app/374320
steamcharts.com/app/211420
strawpoll.me/10108694/r
strawpoll.me/10052743/r
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4i0ynw/general_dark_souls_3_poll_results/
mmdks.com/75g4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(statistics)
youtube.com/watch?v=HqdRJL5j-oI&t
youtube.com/watch?v=DTy9XeCruls.
kayin.moe/?p=2218
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Iron flesh it up and shit on them without even moving

Dark Souls III is worst Souls because of this. The game is a unremarkable and becomes a chore because of Miyazaki's hard on for Bloodborne not going down.

The first game was deliberately slow and allowed many builds. DaSIII requires you to spam rolls and enjoy your straight sword build.

I'll be your gargoyle bf :3

Met like 5 of you guys.
I parried each.

DS3 is a broken mess of a game hastily cobbled on top of BB's engine to poorly emulate the rest of the franchise.
DS3 is fundamentally worse in so many ways like dropping DS2's absolutely wonderful weapon data system, removing poise, and forgetting that boss kills disabling multiplayer fucking sucked.

Dark souls 2 is better than 3 also the community for this game has gotten even worse post 3

I think you dont undertand that every DS was a pile of shit when it came to pvp. DS3 is certainly more playable than the rest of them.

Due to their copy n paste from Shitborne, it needed to have the infinite shit rolling because of the fast paced enemy attacks.

No its not the same

Am I the only one who misses powerstancing? I mean some combos were retarded but you have to admit it was a fun concept. Also bone fist was amazing and should've been in DS3.

DS2 was a pile of shit that was half an aborted mess and half mild improvements over DS1, but you can't say they didn't vastly improve and then criminally underutilize the weapon data system; it freed weapons from being forced into typed static movelists, allowed for alternate attack types, and even gave you the ability to independently choose weapon strikes when wielding multiple weapons for style and mixups.
DS3 completely dropped the system overhaul and instead gave us back static weapon movelists and god-awful Weapon Arts.

DS3 was clearly intended to have Poise, to the point where every piece of armor and weapon had Poise-related statistics. They didn't even try to hide the fact that the game was missing an important mechanic for the better part of a year.

I'm glad we at least agree that most of the gameplay issues stem from their hack job at blatantly porting over unfinished console trash.

is this the rawhide themesong?

I've been playing DaS1 for the first time lately and I've been debating whether to skip 2 or not. What is the weapon data system?

1 is the best one so don't skip it.

I played this game for a good 2 hours before dropping it. This is coming from a DS1 vet

magic in pvp has never been so fuckin useless, atleast in ds1 it was had fairly good damage, and ds2 had the best magic system with actual tracking like a good player could dodge that shit but atleast magic was viable, ds3's magic does almost no damage, magic has no tracking so all you have to do is move slightly to the left or right or just roll forward..

i used to love playing a mage in these games but i said fuck it with 3 im just going to make a fuckin quality build like everyone else because its the only viable option in ds3

Well I can't skip 1 as I've already said I've been playing for the first time it lately and beat it a few times already. Now I'd like to try the sequels but I've been debating whether to skip DaS 2 or not. I was wondering what the weapon data system was as it seems neat

try to use magic in pvp in this game it is so fuckin useless just make a fuckin quality build its the only viable fun option in this game, for mage's or even pyros to be even remotely viable they would have to buff the living shit out of them annnd even then i bet u it would still suck balls.

ds2 had the most balanced and best combat system, trust me if u play ds3 for the love of god dont pick a mage, faith, or pyro build just make a quality build its like the only viable fuckin option in this gameā€¦.

fyi ds3 has good pve but the pvp sucks for everyone who isnt a quality build

There's Poise. It's tied to the attack frames of larger weapons, however. I'm not going to go into the details or i'll be here all day. I guess it was intended to prevent rapier tanks and other weird stuff from the first game, but I don't think it's the best solution.

Levels are interconnected. there's one real "warp" in the game, between Firelink and the main game world, from there you can walk to most locations. (Barring some, such as Archdragon Peak, though this is scarcely any different from the warp from the Asylum to Firelink, the jump from Sen's to Anal Rodeo, and other such things from DS1.)

Whether or not you like DS3 when compared to DS1 is immaterial, there's no point making shit up.

I didnt really like how Magic felt in two, though i recognise it was far more viable. This is coming from someone who primarily likes using Pyros though, I really didn't like how Pyromancies flew in DS2, I really like arcing and free-aiming spells.

1 had the best magic feel and was still somewhat viable because the damage output was still good, 2 strongest magic ever was i played a hexer in that one, 3 pyro is the most viable magic character but even he is fuckin meak as hell they need to buff the living shit out of the mage, faith, and pyro spells to even make them remotly enjoyable to use.

the only fuckin fun builds are combat builds cuz all the fuckin magic sux nows trust me just make a quality build but if u really want to be a pyro use the dark hand its scales of faith and int but ur still going to have alot harder time than every other combat build out there

-was

I've used Pyro in both PVE (Completed the game) and PVP in DS3, primarily invading, but some arena stuff too.

It was pretty good, in all honesty. I was using a pretty glass-cannony build, though. Dusk ring, damage rings, etc.

You have no rights to discuss anything about dark souls

DaS 3 is more playable than DeS and DaS? Yeah, sure, but only barely.

NONE of the games even come close to DaS 2's near perfect PvP.

Go home Afro, you're drunk

If you honestly believe that DaS 2 is not the best in the series for PvP, then you truly are mentally handicapped. It trumps everything DaS 3 tries to do and fails at, it improved massively over the shitshow that was DaS, and DeS nobody gives a shit about but it was certainly more tolerable than DaS in its heyday.

Ive been playing it lately at my cousin's. I hated my first few hours too, but I felt the game picked up by the time you get halfway fortress on the road of sacrifices. It's a clusterfuck and it lacks build variety but I have to say I've been enjoying myself far more than in das II.

I'm a DEX rollfag and early in the game as well but didn't they fuck around with hyperarmor so fat turtles are still somewhat viable?

It's still a souls game so I had a blast with it, but yes the multiplayer is a massive downgrade from ds2. I'm heartbroken cause most of the PC community has moved on to ds3 so no more invading Shulva for me.

Dubs confirm although you are wrong about DeS being better than ds1, DeS balance is essentially nonexistent at least in ds1 they tried to make pvp somewhat competitive.

DS2 Pvp was shit and felt especially like shit.
Ultra Greatswords were useless.
Soul Memory.
Backstab fest 2.0.
It has the same two hit stun lock idea like in ds3.
Parrying delay.

Just because your magic was better doesn't mean the whole game was superior.

Which was a shame, because I put a huge stat investment into being able to powerstance that shit. Looked pretty cool, which was a plus, but not terribly useful in either PvE or PvP.

This is why we can't have have nice things. Thanks PvP fags

This is way too stupid a claim, not only is it not true on its own, it's not true compared to the rest of the series either. Besides, how the fuck is poise factoring in your claim ? If anything, the retarded way it works makes this the game people can flail at you the least relentlessly. If this is some dude DaS2 is good lmao affair, I'm playing it right now and I can one-combo most anyone with an UGS and 25 endurance, so I'm not feeling the draconian constraint here.

You know how I know you're full of nothing but putrid horse shit right now? Because nearly everything you just said shows you never even fucking played the game.

Funny, because UGS is actually the weapon of choice for scrub faggots. Massive reach and DAM, combined with huge arcs, means you have no problem punishing any attack your opponent tries on you. The only other weapon more scrubby than an UGS, is the RITW
Not even remotely. DaS 1 is a backstab fest. DaS is a game CENTERED on backstabs. In fact once you reach the PvP meta of lockstabs, roll BS, and pivot locking, you're unstoppable. It's so bad that it is broken. There is a reason why DaS 1 PvP is only still played by poor people and shitty players.
If you're stupid enough to get hit by a weapon that can two hit stunlock you, then you might as well kill yourself. The only people that get stunlocked like that(and complain about it) are terrible roll abusers who think they can roll through everything and not be punished for it, like in DaS 1 and 3.
You mean the half second delay to prevent parry spams like you can still do in DeS, DaS, and DaS 3? It's there to punish shitters such as yourself that try to bait equally as retarded people into a """""parry."""""

The only thing you mentioned in your pitiful list that holds any water, is Soul Memory. That is it. Absolutely nothing else you said means jack shit, and shows you never even played the fucking PvP aspect of DaS 2 and, if you did, then you sucked shit at it.

so essentially, poise is useless? i don't care about super armor in PvE, i want to tank hits and be able to mess shit up through them.

You're right, i didn't play it to the fullest and i didn't need to.

My whole experience came from the invasions and the Bridge arena.
It was fine, nothing special but people seemed retarded.

So i went to the blood covenant arena.

got 3 shoted by some faggots with straight swords and spears - likely you.

People were clearly op and still buffed their weapons and baited.

Soon i dropped it and gave it not another chance which it didn't deserve.

People seem to like DS 1 and 2 simple for the abuse of broken mechanics.

Kill yourself.

So you're also a retard, on top of being bad? Got it.

Thanks for sharing with the thread.

I'm referring to how weapons and their movesets are stored in the game files. In other Souls-franchise games, weapons are tied to specific types that are locked to specific movesets, usually barring one move that is weapon-specific; no matter your timing, stats, or inputs the weapon and what you can do with it remain the same.
What DaS2's system did was build weapons in a more modular and open-ended fashion. This meant even weapons of the same type, for example two shortswords, could have completely different movesets and a whole host of extra features like being able to give weapons unique movesets when wielded together, weapons having unique movesets and timings that could be alternated between for dual/multiple weapons, and powerstancing (which also had unique interactions and special priorities among altered movesets when dual wielded).

Of course DaS2 was shallow and devoid of content (still worth a pirate), so a lot of this potential went unrealized; but in creating Soulsbourne they completely gutted the system and left DS3 with a shallow weapon pool that all acted the exact same with special moves taped on over it.

Mage is too easy. Faith is stupid. Pyro is a more retarded mage and spreads your stats too far.

Quality > Dex > Str > Mage > Pyro > Faith PVP. Str > Quality = Dex > Mage > Faith > Pyro PVE imo

What really disappoints me about Dark Souls 2 is what it could have been. It had a lot of great concepts, which ultimately didn't fit together (see Old Iron Keep and Earthen Peak).
Imagine if there was actually logical buildup to the Old Iron Keep, like having to climb through a mountain area which gradually gives way into an area with volcanic activity and fitting enemies (like the salamanders). Eventually at the summit would be the Old Iron Keep.

It is a shame that Bandai Namco fucked over the development process so hard. Halfway through development one of the lead developers got shitcanned and replaced by another one, and the devs had to switch a bunch of shit around to fit with what Bandai Namco wanted. The original game involved a lot more time travel, hence the presence of a child version of the Emerald Herald model in the games files. She was originally supposed to receive the Dragon's Feather as a child, and give it to you when you meet her as an adult. In the finished product she says a bunch of vague dialogue that feels out of place (and how the fuck did she get to the Dragon Aerie) like the rest of the NPCs and gives you the feather.
I look at Dark Souls 2 as being more of a fun arcade ARPG, where you crawl through levels and grab loot, rather than an ARPG with any sort of polished world/story to it. It has fun weapons, cool ideas for areas, but fails to make the world and the creatures in it feel like they were placed there for any reason.

Ahh so essentially ot was a lot easier to mod and swap one weapons movesets for another's in the system files?

The problem with alpha DS2 was that it was no Dark Souls game. This is the biggest issue I have because this could have been a unique IP with the direction it was going in but no Bandai Namco wanted those Dark Souls sequels. When publisher politics gets in the way it can really fuck up what could have been something special.

I wanna have one of the nicer dragons as my bf~!

Agreed entirely. I get the feeling that the engine wasn't originally intended for a DaS game, considering how slow and floaty it is compared to the original, but that they had to adjust it during the development cycle to fit the bill of what Bandai Namco considers close enough to DaS.

this and magic was usable in 2

This is just too funny.

"hardcore" "gamers" in a nutshell

its worse than 1 in every way except for adding more movesets. 1 has very specific hitboxes, I-frames, poise breakpoints, etc. that allow infinite skill caps once you've learned how everything works. Its like learning to play chess, certain things have very specific mechanics but once you learn them the game becomes incredibly skill intensive since everything always works the same. If you like dark souls 2 more you simply are a more casual player who cannot or could not tolerate having a person demonstrate that they are clearly better than you at a videogame, the scrub who comes up with every possible rationalization for losing to avoid admitting that they weren't the better man.

but thanks for killing the series. dark souls 1.5 would have been infinitely better than the combined experience of "dark souls" 2 and 3.

I really want to believe that this is a shitpost. DaS2 pvp was dogshit.

wew I guess you really are shitposting. "lockstabs, roll BS, pivot locking". Stop making shit up, fag. Also, I like how you try to imply that there wasn't parry delay in DaS, when parrying revolved around predicting when your enemy would attack which meant you had to press the parry button before you saw the attack on your screen (unless they were using an extremely slow weapon and the connection was really good).

why do you
type
this

Thats armor
Poise is something that should exist even when not attacking. If it doesn't then there is no fucking point of armor.

This is true. The way to parry in DS1 was to block the first attack and parry the next.

Excuse me, but what is your point?

You can do that now.

Super armor isn't poise

Poise in 3 doesn't exist, and what does exist is called 'Hyper Armor'. Hyper armor is only active while you're attacking and poise is meaningless since you get different hyper armor values, (effectively how many hits it takes for you to be stunlocked) for different weapon types when you have the same poise number. Too bad hyper armor is only active when you're actually attacking instead of being a passive bar like poison/toxic/bleed/curse you have to fill up like in the first game,

Ah, so like Demon's Souls.

Poise is only useful when you are attacking anyway.

Git gud.

Shit, I loved that moveset. What do fist fighters have going for them in DS3, if anything at all? Gonna be playing that game for the first time soon.

What
Are you fucking retarded?
Don't answer that

I got used to it fairly quickly since I don't play with shields and couldn't really rely on light/medium armor to save me, but I'd still like to see Havel's actually let you take more attacks better than fucking cloth before falling apart like wet paper.

Please explain, because the whole point of poise in Dark Souls 1 is that you aren't stunlock when doing a slow move.

youtube.com/watch?v=lIJAICqVntI
With how they buff hyper armor to please the poisefag, it's certainly possible to trade hits nowadays.

Too bad it doesn't exist outside the attacks meaning you're still fucked if you don't get the weapon out first. I haven't played since they released the second DLC though.

The whole point of poise is not to get stun locked at all. Its not some situational shit. It applies on everything.

i just wish they nerfed straight swords

You got the caestus and some demon flaming fist shit.

The whole point of poise that you don't get stunned when doing anything. I don't even have a problem with how DS3 handles it gameplay wise, but it's a weird and unnecessary change.

So attack then.

No, the point is that it applies the most to slow attack moves, who gives a crap about other things.

They buff heavy weapons greatly in the next patch.

Considering Demon's Souls and Bloodborne didn't have this system, maybe From wants the player to not rely on heavy weight, low mobility build in a fast-paced system.

Poise in DS3 doesn't apply with recovery animations, you know, something which slow weapons have.
I feel like you are just a tard you hasn't even played the game and are butthurt people are rightfully calling out Fromsoft's stupidity

Considering Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are games in a different series maybe you should shut the fuck up and stop droning.

Instead of nerfing the straight swords they just buffed everything else.

Too bad poise was always active and not a passive bar that had to be filled but only when you're doing one of three actions and it's based on the weapon you're carrying and the armor itself is useless because a straight sword will give more hyper armor than a rapier

And? As long as the attacks hit.
Or I'm attacking the tards who abuse poise and got mad when they are taken out.

The players adapt to this style fine, heavy weapons once again dominate, so still the complaint, just for sake of complaining?

Demon's Souls is a Souls game, now stop sucking off poise.

Why do you repeat yourself?

As I said:

I'm getting sick and fucking tired of seeing this whiny crap in every thread. That's like saying he absued the health bar or the attack stat. You can say it's unbalanced but you can not put that burden on the players.

You are abusing poise when your game is about a tank who cannot be stunlocked hitting slowly the enemy.

From soft takes out that out, and you get mad.

Everyone else keeps on playing the game.

Burden? Poise is a fucking burden.

I still think passive poise is a superior system to 'only active when you're attacking and if someone ambushes you, you're dead because you were stunlocked for 2/3rds of your healthbar'. You also have to understand that in order to have high enough poise in the first game to not be stunlocked by literally everything like in 3, you have to have heavy armor which slows you down a shitload.

I think the idea of you cannot be stunlocked by everything is bad.

Someone here post that vid of Havel set with zweihander vs Artorias, it's the most brainless way to play.

This is where reflexes come in though.

I'd rather have the option for someone to play brainless than have everyone forced into the same playstyle. Why do you think everyone abused Straight Sword spam for almost the first year of 3?

Gimped as they were in the first two games, at least DS2 had power stances, vanquisher's seal and dragon bone fist going for it. I'm guessing a fist run will feel like a mix of DS1's moveset, damage and cestus only longside DS2's enemy armors, speed, and health pools, giving the worst of both worlds.
Playing my waifu is suffering.

Because PvP balancing, now From re-balances the game so the slow heavy weapon's armor means you have to be strategic when you swing, not that you are fucking invincible.

And even then PVE wise, both styles are viable since day one.

I'm looking forward to play this series, when amerifat kids drop them because they're no longer cool. DS really took the spot left vacant by Gears.

Jesus christ you DS3 drones are mental

What's more annoying is that PVP in 3 is fucking awful. Granted, heavy weapons could just hyper armor through lighter weapons attacks, but even then the midrange weapons could just attack 2-3 times, and probably get stunlock, when the heavy weapons missed and the daggers were virtually never used because they aren't viable at all. Don't forget that someone wearing leather armor but carrying a greatsword will have more active poise than someone carrying a dagger but wearing the armor with the highest poise in the game.

Yes, it is, you have to time when you swing to get the most hyper armor, that's even smarter than stamina management.

Keep trucking on, buddy, it's the only thing people play now.

Nobody even play DaS2 despite lol best PvP in the series.

Its pretty active on both PC and PS3.

I count about 200-300 players on PC, user.

It's even lesser than DaS1.

It should be more like:
Why do you

type

this

Demon's Souls had the best overall feel, Dark Souls had the best world design and felt the most fun, Dark Souls 2 I don't have an opinion on because I can't stand how the movement feels, the animations for weapons looks like shit and the color pallet is too ugly, and Dark Souls 3 just feels like they shat it out with whatever they had because they needed money and wanted to get rid of the garbage floating around. I do remember hearing that a lot of people went back to DaS2 early into DaS3's life because of how much of a downgrade everyone says it was.

It's because it's more aesthetically pleasing than the garbage you losers use of having sentences staying on the same line.

Well, you hear wrong, because DaS3 is most active Souls game.

Now nobody plays DaS2 anymore.

So get better sources, man.

Then learn to count mongoloid
steamcharts.com/app/335300

Looks like you can't read either.

steamcharts.com/app/374320
Meanwhile on DaS3.

Well, steamchart while, DaS3 has never gotten playercount than DaS3. Yet.

Just gonna point out how retarded you are because I'm bored:
Not sure if you mean circling for backstabs with lock-on or backstab chaining. In the first cast you're a retard because BS escapes exist and those usually lead to one of those or a double backstab which just cancels out (no damage is done). In the second, chains aren't impossible to escape, each option you have covers for certain get-ups, but misses others, so it's about predicting what an opponent will do based on their skill and personal tendencies.
Can't roll BS everything, if you're a retard casting spells from close range you'll get roll BSed, you'll also get roll BSed sometimes if you use slow weapons and don't change up your angle by removing lock-on, but obviously big-ass slow weapons should be punishable if you miss.
I assume you mean "pivoting while unlocking" because otherwise you're just making shit up, which is what anyone with half a brain would know to do and is once again about reading your opponent and not being a retard.

If you had complained about actual shit like BS escapes, toggle escapes, parry backstabs, or some other shit I would assume you had an idea of what you're talking about, but you just sound like a shitty that got destroyed one too many times because you didn't understand what you were doing against somebody who did. You are most definitely not "unstoppable" once you learn any of this shit, every fight in DaS PvP is about reading and reacting to what your opponent is doing, unless you're a retard still doing easily punishable shit, then anyone with a brain will seem "unstoppable"

Nice moving the goalposts mong
Next time don't make baseless claims.

steamcharts.com/app/211420

Get owned, bitch.

You're all retarded.

By what? That you still can't read?
Is being retarded a prerequisite for liking DS3 or something?

We are speaking about right now though.

Dark Souls 3 is the most active Souls game, even more than BB.

Notice how Dark Souls 1 is indeed more active than Dark Souls 2?

I just support my claim, bitch.

Your claim was Dark Souls 2 was dead with only 200-300 players.
Keep trying to move the goalposts though. If you were less retarded maybe people wouldn't notice.

I also claim this: It's even lesser than DaS1.
Which is true.

Also, playercount does not actually count the people who play PvP.

And?
Did I challenge that or is this another one of your bouts of retardation?

What? You don't like the fast pace of the CoD roulette with ultragreatsword? You don't have taste! Flashy and fast things are the best, especially if you are a pete hines kind of retard.

Dex and casters are the worst builds for pvp mate. It's all about high reach and lag & phantom range abuse. Cause dem pro cod children want to play as Guts.

OK, user, all I need to prove is that DaS2 is the least played of all 3 games.

Doesn't change the fact that its still actively played which probably makes you butthurt because of DS3's shitty online play.

That's not a good point.

If BB and Demon's Souls are ported over, I bet there would be more playercount of them than Dark Souls 2.

Is this a revelation to your mong brain?
Do you also think that being able to see the sun during the day is a miracle?
Dark Souls 2 has a higher all time peak player count than Dark Souls 1 on PC. Does that blow your little tard brain?

My point is that DaS2 is shit and it's the least played of all the series, no matter what bullshit you try to weave about its PvP.

So abuse means "I don't like it". Go it.

Surprise, From doesn't like it either.

Git gud.

Then why did they lie about having it for months and still continue to do so?

Uh, they flatout refuse to add poise to the game, only buffs hyper armor.

That still doesn't justify calling it abuse, which is still your hysterical editorializing.

ive noticed you don't really respond properly to people. are you literate? it's weird, first you respond to someone saying you're putting the burden of balance on players by going off on a weird unrelated tangent about "poise being a burden" whatever the fuck that means. Now you respond to appoint with an unrelated point as if it somehow contradicts it.

He's a turbo-autist virgin, don't bother replying to idiots like him. it would be like arguing with a turd you just shat out instead of flushing it down the toilet.

Poise adds weight to the character, so it's literally a burden to the character.

All in all, poise is actually an unnecessary crutch to player, and it shows when DaS3 players just get over it and play the games following DeS and BB style instead.

I consider poise stacking to be an absolutely braindead style of gameplay since at least rolling requires you mashing two buttons.

There's no need to get that mad, user.

I'm a virgin sure, but not an autist.

I thought Holla Forums liked GOOD games?

Yeah, let's bring back poise backstabs you fucking idiot

Wrong.

Did you even play DS1 you fucknugget?
You can be faster than any enemy if you want and mobility is fine if you're under 25% weight load.

All you just said is that changing a basic mechanic in the game forces people to adapt to it. Do you actually expect anyone to buy into the retarded non-sequitur about how it somehow means poise is unnecessary?

Let me show you why your non sequitur is fucking retarded: 3D gameplay is unnecessary. You could make Dark souls a sidescroller and it'd work just fine, we just have to change a bunch of stuff around and make people adapt to it.
Weapons are unnecessary. We can make the game about fist and kick combos and have people adapt to that.
Fighting mechanic is unnecessary. We can make it a rhythm game and have people adapt to it.

Please re-read "every enemy attacks way faster than you do and you can be fucked up by anything in half a second unless you know how to stat out everything perfectly which is literally impossible to know your first time around" fucknugget

What?
There are plenty of fast weapons that attack as fast if not faster than enemies.

As in "you need to know how the enemy moves to plan out your strategy"? How is that a bad thing?

I liked Soul Memory. Once you got to around 3,000,000 you'd started playing with max level Japs with extremely interesting builds and playstyles.
It was more fun than the meta, I'll tell you that.

I mean 30,000,000

"You are faster than the enemies if you have less than 25% weight"

HOW

ARE

YOU

SUPPOSED

TO

KNOW

THIS

UNLESS

YOU'VE

PLAYED

THE

GAME

BEFORE

FUCKTARD?

Learn how to read you absolute braindead waste of air, stop back peddling like a faggot

Are you fucking retarded?
Experiment. Take off all your equipment and you'll realize you're running and rolling way faster than before. You won't know what percentage it is, exactly, but you'll know it has something to do with equipment load. I realized this by myself and didn't need to read it anywhere or have anyone tell me because I'm not fucking retarded.

I mean Dark Souls is legitimately a game that has a lot of cryptic shit to it but the idea of equipment load having to do with movement is not one of them. You actually have to be mentally challenged not to realize that. Jesus.

You might have brain damage.

It is, Demon Souls and Bloodborne didn't have poise, DaS3 didn't have poise too and now people get over it.
Sure, it depends if the playerbase decides to adapt or not, in DaS3, it does.

That's the top utility of it though.

Check it out, the Ringed Knight Paired Greatsword got leaked a year ago.

Nigger you're fucking dumb.
The point is every aspect of the game is "unnecessary", people complaining on this thread and on every DS3 thread and people making videos about this proves that people want poise as a mechanic to be back.

It's not the only utility of it.

There are two fucking dudes who want poise back.
The majority of people have gotten over this problem and are playing the game already.

It is the major usage of it, but still, outside of that, it is unnecessary, the predecessor game, Demon's Souls, functions without pose.

Alright, I've been noticing this trend for quite a while now. Souls threads on Holla Forums have completely devolved into arguing over what's the worst game in the series, repeating the same criticisms ad nauseam and overstating their importance in the grand scheme of things. It's not like anyone is going to change their minds either, everyone is just pushing their own narrative, while leaving aside a bunch of other relevant aspects.

It's become so fucking boring to watch these discussions. Why did this have to happen?

The majority of players just focus on playing the games, so you have one or two autist complaining about nonsensical shit while I complain about them back.

It's the natural way of things. Some people just don't like the game.

Everyone follows the same rules. You start on the same level as a hollow but rise up and become an unliving legend.

We don't want you to have poise. Enemies can have it though. Oh, and enemies don't have to worry about stamina either. Didn't you buy this game for the brutal difficulty and True Bloodborne Experience like everyone else?

Nice strawman.

But enemies are easy to be stunlocked too.

There are dudes on every DS3 thread and there are dudes all over social media websites where they talk about DS3 complaining about this.

How do people fucking say this with a straight face and people eat it up? It fucking baffles me. You're literally saying getting staggered has absolutely no negative consequences on you, basically.
That's a logical conclusion to what you're saying. That getting staggered is meaningless. I feel dumb for having to point out the obvious but:
1. - If getting staggered was meaningless they wouldn't have put it in the game in the first place.
2 - When getting staggered you can't block, you can't move, you can't roll, you can't attack, you can't use items. Getting staggered is totally a negative thing and wearing heavy armor that hinders your mobility but gives you the ability to not get staggered so easily is a useful balance.

How people are saying something as retarded as this to this day never ceases to baffle me.

They turned Poise on in the new DLC?

And they are the minority, their complaints do not break the games and the majority just keep on playing the games.

Because dumbass, Demon's Souls and Bloodborne exist, and those games don't have poise?

Surprise, the game fucking works.

Wut? Getting stunlocked is not meaningless, the point is: don't get hit, don't get staggered.

This comes in with hyper armor, so you don't get staggered when you attack, outside of that though, fair game.

Because dumbass, people have been playing without poise for years now.
So git gud or get out.

No, why would they need to? Poise is unnecessary.

There isn't really anything worthwhile to discuss anymore. The series has been around a long time now and everything interesting has already been talked about to death. There is no more mystery guiding community cooperation either. Pointless arguing is all that's left.

fair =/= fun
also what said, for the heftier enemies you can stun them with big weapons.
UGS R2s against those root-bellied guys in the Ringed City interrupts their attacks if you hit them early enough. If every enemy could be staggered with a straight sword r1, you would never have to dodge anything since you could just stun lock them.

News flash user, ds3 is not ds1. You'll have to change your play style to fit a new game. Instead of tanking and trading with enemies (which you can do in ds3) you have to be more tactful, there's more emphasis on timing and spacing since poise tanks don't really exist in this game.

Make a thread exclusively about DS3's lack of poise and you'll get people talking about it.
Run a poll about it and you'll find more people want poise back than you have people thinking removing it is OK.
You're fucking retarded if you think your stupid reasoning is sound here. Of fucking course if you make a thread about DS3 in general only some people are going to talk about it, guess what, it's because it's a thread about DS3 in general. Just the mere fact that you have at least some people complaining about poise on every DS3 thread already means the game has problems.
It could also be that some people don't want the game period because it doesn't play like DS1.

And they play differently because of it.
Looks like you're failing to grasp the point I made for like 4 posts so far so let me run it through you one more time:
Every aspect of the game is unnecessary. You can change one, two or even 10 stuff around and the game will still work, you just have to adapt the rest of the game to it and have people adapt to that change. You can totally make stuff work if you change stuff around. That doesn't mean that people won't want the original functionality back.
It's just like how people complain about modern TF2, it still works and you can play it but people want TF2 the way it used to be.

Good, then you agree that the ability to not get staggered is useful. You just proved yourself wrong.

Difficult if having heavy armor hinders your mobility. That's the whole fucking point: you wear heavy armor because it makes it difficult to move and therefore more difficult to dodge enemy attacks but this balances out because you also get staggered less. Brilliant, right?

I know about fucking hyper armor. I'm talking about getting staggered outside of attacking.

I've been proving this non-sequitur wrong for 4 posts now.
PEOPLE WILL ADAPT TO ANYTHING. THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT PEOPLE DON'T WANT OTHER MECHANICS TO BE BACK
How do you fail to grasp this?

Then wearing armor is useless.
Why include heavy armor in the game then? Hyper armor isn't enough, moving fast is always more preferable if you can't have poise outside of attacking.

The problem with DS3 is that they just outright removed certain playstyles and made other ones completely unviable.
Dark Souls 1 had some balance issues with some playstyles being stronger than others, but Dark Souls 3 outright tells you that you have to play the game like Bloodborne because there are no other ways to play the game, even though the variety of weapons and armour would imply otherwise.

Go on make a thread, make a poll. Prove your point.
People complain about everything ever, if you are so concerned about complaints, you would never get anything done.

And so does DaS3, get used to it.

No, my point is don't get staggered, not get your god mod where you can't be staggered.

Not in DaS3, you are fast as fuck even in DaS3 with heavy armor.

They don't actually want that shit back.

Stop talking like you represent the people.

Because hyper armor is actually useful and people use it to stunlock and not get staggered when they attack?

inb4 this is somehow impossible

Uh, but that's wrong? You can play tanky mc taking hit in DaS3 too, you aren't just a god mod where you can't be staggered.

On the contrary, you're the first person I've seen who defends this so vehemently.

In this thread, there are exactly two dudes who want that shit back when everyone is already adapting to the new system.

And I defend this shit because I prefer the way BB and DeS play better than DaS1.

Remember when DaS1 was supposed to be a downgrade compared to DeS1, jesus?

You sound like you haven't played Demon's souls yourself and are just regurgitating bullshit you heard online.

Poise is not the only stat that armor has user. Heavy armor also provides superior defense and as stated it can make all the difference in a trade off, especially in pvp.

Demon's Souls actually has no poise and you are faster in it than DaS1.

It's already been done, fucknugget. Multiple times
strawpoll.me/10108694/r
strawpoll.me/10052743/r
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4i0ynw/general_dark_souls_3_poll_results/
Since this has proved me right then we can move on to other points now.
And people complain about poise more than those other things. That's the difference.
I'm not debunking this again. Re-read my post.
Exactly.
Why is your point that I shouldn't get staggered? Because being staggered is bad. This makes the point you made here a lie or wrong:

>unecessary
It being unnecessary implies that getting staggered has no consequences. If poise means you don't get staggered, then poise is useful, not unnecessary.
If you're still making the point that you can make a game around not having poise outside of hyper armor, then i'll make this point for the millionth time: people will adapt to anything. That doesn't mean that people don't want poise back.
Read above. If you want more evidence do a Google search yourself. I just grabbed the first results.
I guess discussion's over.

If DS3 is anything like DS1, then physical defense is incredibly underwhelming. I tested being naked vs having heavy armor and an attack that took 900HP without armor took 800HP with armor.
If DS3 is different then I'll be very glad because this fact pissed me off.

Defense stats are even more meaningless in DS3 than they were in DS2.
In DS1 you could tank most bosses using Havel's gear. In DS3 armor is way fucking weaker.

I never said it wasn't.
I'm saying not getting staggered outside of attacking is also useful.

Oh okay, except that's not the community of Dark Souls 3.
If we count that poll, less than 5000 players of over one million DaS3 players complain about poise, not a big difference.
Re-read my post, people already adapt to it
Don't get staggered, don't get hit. That's my point. I don't need poise in order to not get staggered.
Something can be useful and break the game and be unnecessary, that's faulty logic.
Prove that the majority of DaS3 players want poise back?

Its even worse

Git gud, armor is weaker in DaS3 but you are also faster in DaS3 to compensate.

Useful? That shit is practically god mode.

It's unnecessary.

Those polls were made one month after the game came out, before people had any knowledge of hyper armor, and before a bunch of patches that made further improvements to it.

Enemies do not have a stamina stat any more, no. They can do whatever they want for as long as they want.

OI
It's MY job to sperg about ds2's internals, not yours. also get back on tox you fag

I love DaS2fags, it's all about potential and shit.

Good thing we count the real games, and not potential.

You're talking to a subhuman BR that will lie to make points, never provide evidence, and constantly repeat himself. You're wasting your time.

Start to argue any times.

They're polls about DS3, what are you talking about?
Wow, you mean only a small percentage of people who play games participate in polls? Like in every other fucking videogame ever?
What are the odds.
People adapt to anything. This is getting ad nauseum.
Any poll where they ask about poise results in the majority of people wanting poise back
I've already presented my evidence. Present your evidence that people don't want poise to be back.

So the playstyle is different. Same point you made a million times now. I'm tired of debunking this.
Being slow as fuck is not god mode. The speed is what balanced it out.

Heed and stop replying to the delusional fanboy.

These polls do not represent the whole community of DaS3.
So, they are not indicative of anything?
And? get used to it, bitch boi.
Over thousands of playing DaS3 without poise right now.
And? This is Dark Souls 3, not Dark Souls 1. You are not debunking crap, you can't stand adapt, you can't stand the style change.
It's god mode despite the speed, you hit strongly without any interruption.

Alright

I love how I am delusional for detesting braindead style of gameplay.

As said, start to argue anytimes.

Let's not kid ourselves: Giantdad shits all over PvE in 1 and there's no reason to not to be a ninjaflipping smough.

I did and you repeated the same point millions of times and ignored my arguments. Arguing with you is pointless.

You might be thinking of the time ninjaflipping was achievable under 50% weight load, you now need under 25% to get ninjaflips, which means you can't really have heavy armor.

When you can't argue, you filter I guess.

My point stands: how the fuck do people even play DeS and BB i.e. games without poise in the first place.

Jesus fuck, bad players turn out to be whiny little fucks when they take the god mode away.

What point did I ignore?

You are using:
1. outdated polls to make your point
2. outdated polls with less than half of the community to participate in to make your point

I have no reason to entertain your bullshit.

actually i was thinking of this build i used to dick around in because i thought a ninjaflipping smough was hilarious mmdks.com/75g4

You can't build Giantdad early without grinding heavily
At that point might as well invest all those levels in your primary offensive stat and 4 shot every enemy.

Oh we are talking about PVE?

All you need to do is to get a Black knight weapon, then you can 2h R2 yourself through the game.

You keep saying "adapt" and I keep saying that's not argument.
VS no polls at all
VS no polls and with lack of understanding of the fact that most people don't participate in polls and how statistics work. There's a thing called statistical sample which means you don't have to interview the entire population of a country for a poll, a sample is enough.
You have every reason to bullshit, you keep doing it because you have no argument.
I'm the one who decided this is done because your shit is just that, shit.

nigga stop getting worked up over the mong.
either mock him or ignore him, don't reply seriously.

Don't think you can use that effectively in PvP due to the high level.

It's absolutely an argument, Dark Souls 1 wasn't the first Souls game, the first Souls game did not have poise, and surprise, there's no problem with it.
My point is represented by people playing heavy armor build in PVP and absolutely dominating, further proving how unnecessary poise is.
And I don't trust it, you are taking a 10% opinion to prove a majority.
What argument? That Dark Souls 3 is the most played Souls game while you sit here whining about poise?
Dude, you can whine about poise forever, people has stopped give a shit.

When you can't argue, you insult.

Giantdad isn't good for PVP in the first place.
It only works against absolute shitters.

To be fair, shitters love poise build because it's the simplest shit you can do.

You can't build giant's set early, no, but I'm usually fastrolling in it once I've killed Sif, which is almost immediately after I GET the set. Until them I'm dicking around in elite knight or something, which you can fastroll around in by gaping dragon.

The only build that's good for PVP in dark souls 1 is enisle's build. Due to the way the game works, his playstyle and build is the objectively correct one, and if you aren't doing that, you're massively handicapping yourself.

But why?

PvE-wise, giantdad is not even the most efficient way to play early game.

Uhm, okay?

People.Adapt.To.Anything.
Not an argument.
The argument is about whether or not people want poise back.
So you have no evidence to back your point and expect us to take your word for it. Good.
That's not even the point. The point is whether people want poise back, and so far you haven't present a single argument that proves that people don't want poise back.
That's what polls do. That's how statistics works. It's a representative sample. I'm not lecturing you about statistics, go to school you fucking mongoloid.
Also a red herring. It has nothing to do with the fact that people want poise back.
And you can whine about people who complain about poise forever.
Doesn't want people don't want poise back.
Doesn't mean people playing DS3 right now don't wish poise was back.

The people so far do not want poise back.
Uh, I have, see various videos on guide on heavy build, and do participate on PVP yourself.
But I have, the people who play DaS3 right now do not need poise, and they absolutely play absolutely fine.
So the statistics is not trustable, nice.
Indeed I can, but there are so few of you left.
But they actually don't?

Nice evidence
1 + 1 = 2 is not trustable, wow.
And you do.
Nice evidence

That's an actual evidence supported by recent patches, yes.
Yes, if 10% just say some shit, I wouldn't say 100% follow that opinion.
Yeah, it's honestly amusing.

I wonder who showed up

I don't see any evidence.
All I see is your word of mouth.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(statistics)
Educate yourself, nigger.
I know, you're the only one who's super passionate about this.

Fun through tedium is teaching yourself that fun can only exist is you excessively punish yourself in order to obtain it

That's like WoWfags going on and on about how great Vanilla was is except they forget raiding 600+ hours just to get enough equipment to beat one boss, they only remember the high of beating them, not the endless suffering before that

You can Youtube it my man, for example:
youtube.com/watch?v=HqdRJL5j-oI&t
Yeah, I don't trust that shit.
Because at the end of the days, after I finish my bout with you, I'm going to open Dark Souls 3 and play it.

ALSO I FORGOT TO REPLY TO THIS PART BUT THE CHAOSHANDER KILLS BASICALLY ANYTHING IN ONE HIT. SILVER KNIGHTS IN ONE R2, BLACK KNIGHTS IN ONE BACKSTAB

CHAOS WEAPONS: SUPER BALANCED FOR PVE

His response is probably along the lines of "But you're not a true fan of Dark Souls because DSIII allows you to do things and not be bogged down by terrible mechanics!"

No True Scotsmanā€¦..

One youtube video VS several polls of thousands of people
I wonder which is more legitimate.
Thank you. Now that I've verified that you're, no room for doubt, retarded, then I have absolutely no reason to keep this up. Thanks. Bye

You still need to grind humanity for it m8

That Youtube is actually informative, unlike your polls.

But okay user.

Did you reply to the wrong post?

That dude thinks poise is a bad and unfun mechanic, like me, user.

And even if you did (due to, say, the bloodstain spawning someplace totally unreachable) you can always do this.

I was questioning the fact that he called a non true scotsman where no one made one. Once again you prove you do nothing but red herrings.
Also no one asked for your opinion here.

Okay, bruv, calm down.

I think I'm gonna enjoy me some Witcher 3 atm.

Thanks for the blog

So, Holla Forums, what's YOUR favorite weapon to make lightning or chaos? I'm partial to lightning falchions tumblebuffed with sunlight blade.

Lightning battle axe for SL1 run.

At that point you could just edit your save file and save some time.

look man if the game screws me over with a glitch it's entirely fair to screw the game over with my own glitch

That's fine.
I'm just saying editing your save file saves time if you're going to cheat anyway. Takes out of the fun though, I guess.

The demon fist makes for a pretty fun run, decently challenging due to the utter lack of range but very rewarding once you get in on something. It also had a few decent tricks to catch people in PvP last I played, but that was many months ago so everyone might be wise to it now. Caestus is boring as shit and nowhere near as flashy unfortunately.

ZZZ ZZZ

There's nothing wrong with abusing glitches in a game that's glitchy in ways that fuck over the player.

Also there's nothing wrong with glitches like Sen's Gate's skip. Those add more fun.

Oh, not saying it's wrong at all, just gave an alternative that saves up time. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Sounds interesting. How do you skip that?

The demon fist broke my fucking heart. The lore behind the bone fist in DS2 was that it was carved from the bones of demons, so I figured it was gonna be the bone fist from DS2 with the magic-damage hadoken replaced with a fire-damage chaos hadoken.

And then it was just the cestus.

Welcome to the wild and wacky world of DS1 speedrunning. It's down to four mandatory bosses: Iron Golem, O&S, 4kings, and Gwyn. Everything else can be skipped. For more fun times, look up Firesage skip, Eingyi drop. and seal skip.

Centipede, Pinwheel, BoC, Nito, and Seath are still mandatory too.

Not on the kiln skip route.

Poisefags, everyone

Arguments were made, it ended up boiling down to: I don't understand statistics, math is wrong, one guy talking in a youtube video is more people than thousands of people voting in a poll. You can argue against a pidgeon all you want but the pidgeon is still going to shit all over the floor and call it a day.

How are FTH+STR builds on DS3? These are all I played on the first 2 games, wearing moderate but good looking armor, a trusty mace and the wrath of fucking god coming from my talisman offhand

s>>12605985
bad unless you're going 15 faith for blessed weapon and fuck-all else
it deals like 200 damage now you're better off just using a mace r1

That sounds awful. What about the lightning miracles? I don't really care if they are marginally inferior as long as I can keep killing shit reliably while larping Zeus

I wouldn't put my trust on people who are actively trying to undermine a game just because they do not like it.
Granted, I have yet to try a pure faith build in this game, but from a quick search of WotG on youtube, it's apparent that spell deals good damage and knockback, and you have near infinite poise while casting it.

And here's a fight aganist Darkearter Midir using a faith build youtube.com/watch?v=DTy9XeCruls. That damage is pretty good against this boss. He has a shitton of health.

Lightning spear et al are even worse. Lightning Arrow is ok but not available until the end of the game. The most viable thing you can do with faith is grab one of a handful of buffable late-game weapons that have innate lightning damage, make them heavy or raw or sharp and slap lightning blade on them. Hope you prefer the drakeblood greatsword or dragonslayer axe or lothric knight greatsword more than your mace, buddy! Because that's how you make a good faith build. You use one of those three weapons.

Oh, and hope you don't mind losing all of your ring slots and taking extra damage to get even remotely tolerable damage, since the video in demonstrates how absolutely necessary that is. Good try on the heavy armor without havel's ring! Not that it would help since poise is gone and defense does fuck-all.

That's because of the talisman's r2 casting, which grants functionally infinite poise to any miracle you're casting at a higher FP cost.

He's also got a gigantic weakness to lightning damage to the point it's faster to kill him with gold pine resin than it is with carthus rouge.

One of my biggest beefs with DS3 (ie the reason i do not like it) is because faith and int builds are trash and hybrid builds are dead. The dude is asking how to do the things I hate the game for not letting you do. I am the exact person he should be putting his trust in.

Seriously, try way of white corona on an enemy in high wall of lothric. At 60 faith and a +10 talisman it fucking hits for EIGHTY DAMAGE. EIGHTY. IT TAKES MULTIPLE CASTS TO KILL STARTING AREA ENEMIES.

So what do you do in DS3?
Dex build with light armor and that's it?

This

Just finished the game with a pyro build, used a chaos infused corvian scythe and then onyx blade once it dropped. PVE was alright and doable, but nothing spectacular and I got completely destroyed in PVP almost every time I got invaded. Also I barely used any spells and dark pyromancies are a complete joke and inferior to chaos pyromancies.

What you do is play a different game.

Just tell me which games and I'm happy.
Already beat DS1 several times.

DeS
DS1
DS2
Nioh

I only have PC
Heard it was crappy.

read
The animations are bad and it handles differently with a way higher emphasis on stamina management, but it's not really bad. It's just not Dark Souls.

Oh, and hammers/greathammers are FANTASTIC in ds2. Easily the strongest they've been in the series.

Do the limited respawns ever get annoying for farming some specific item?
Or for getting more effigies?

You can disable limited respawns by joining the covenant of champions, and then re-enable them by leaving it.

My biggest problem with Dark Souls 3 was how easy it was. Granted the series overall isn't anywhere near as difficult as it's made out to be, and maybe it's because of the amount of time I've spent on the other 4 games, but the only bosses in DaS3 (including the DLC) that I somewhat struggled with were Nameless King, the Dancer and sort of Dragonslayer Armour. There's Friede, too, but she felt more like an exercise in patience than anything else, because her second and third forms are both more tedious than outright difficult in general she just felt like a discount version of Lady Maria if you ask me.

Gael was especially disappointing, because the presentation and atmosphere of that fight is pretty sublime but the boss itself is easy as piss. When he started flipping all over the place with lightning coming out of the sky in his third phase I got genuinely pumped by how it looked and felt to be dodging through all his sword flips on top of hills of ash, but I beat him on my first try and the fight felt like it was over just as it was becoming really good.

I still think 3 is better than 2 (though I haven't played 2 in ages, so maybe that would change if I revisited it) and overall a decent game, but they're definitely both the low points of the series and I don't think the series would lose anything if neither of them had been made.

This, fuck off pvpfags. You faggot cling on to anything that has even the tiniest bit of pvp, even fucking minecraft.

That's probably it. I've only played DaS1 twice I think and DaS2 once with a large amount of time between the games releasing, and I thought the game was just as hard as the other two. I honestly enjoyed the bosses in 3 the most, as the overall quality of them was pretty consistent compared to the previous games, which only had a few really good bosses with a lot of uninteresting filler. A lot of the bosses in 3 felt like they were on the same level as the ones in Artorias' DLC, which I enjoyed a lot. Also I think it also depends on what build you're using, I hear that quality builds make the game a joke (which I haven't tried yet).

Quality builds used to make the game a joke, now you want to do a sharp or heavy build. They nerfed the refined upgrade path so that it does less damage for equal investment in heavy or sharp. Going 60 str or 60 dex is going to outdo 40/40.

What are those?
Most points going to STR?

Weapons don't scale with stats, they scale with upgrade path. If you're a dex build, you put a weapon on the sharp upgrade path, like a sharp great club, and it gets high dex scaling. If you're a strength build, you infuse it with heavy, like a heavy katana, and it gets high str scaling.

It destroys the differences between dex and str builds barring stat requirements on a weapon since every build can use every weapon equally well. DeS did something similar, but only certain weapons could be sharp and only certain ones could be heavy while everything could be quality.

I see, so you only put points into either STR or DEX depending on your favorite weapon then?

Yeah. Generally base it on whichever one the weapon scales more strongly with, or whichever stat it has a higher requirement of.

Fucking fairies.

Except it's counter productive to be a strength build and make a heavy weapon out of a dex weapon because the scaling diminishes and you're shooting yourself in the leg by changing it's scaling to something other than what it already scaled with.

11 str, 40 dex: sharp katana has 388 ar
40 str, 16 dex: heavy katana has 345 ar
It's not a huge difference. Sure, it's sub-optimal, but it's perfectly workable. It's a wrong decision only because there is a better option, not because it is bad by itself.

This is the most retarded thing I have ever read. Like yeah a point of reference will change how you view things but the reason it is bad is because there are other versions of that same thing that are better. The only time I could see it being reasonable is to meet a stat investment for a dex weapon and then pour the rest into strength so you can switch between a power weapon and a light weapon, but even then that is a very specific instance that is accounted for by having some weapons that scale in a way that you wouldn't need to swap your stats and weapon infusions so heavily.

I'm on Xbone, so no save editors exist at the moment. I had to re-install Dark Souls 3, download CronusMAX, and do the soul duplication glitch offline for 2 weeks straight to get my cheated stats.

It was a Christmas present and I couldn't afford a PS4 at the time

Wow

Wow

Check your privilige

Privilege, fuck

Is the Dark Souls 1 scimitar a bad weapon solely because the falchion is better in every way? It's a wrong choice, but it's still a perfectly viable weapon.

I'm going to wager you'd agree if I said it's dumb to use raw infusion on any weapon when you pour points into strength or dex regardless of what you just said. So there's no confusion, let's use 20 as a reference point for that.

Dark Souls 3 is a good game.
Your over analyzing this shit to death.

Probably, yeah. I've played through DeS 7 or 8 times, Bloodborne twice, DaS1 once and got to just before the end of 2 before getting fed up with it, so it is likely a factor in why 3 felt like such a breeze in comparison to the rest.
I definitely agree with the latter part, not sure about the former. When DaS3 gets a boss fight right it gets it pretty right (Dragonslayer Armour in particular is very good I think), but there are still quite a few bosses that felt Centipede Demon-tier in terms of how much of a filler boss they were. Vordt (who to be fair does have one of the two or three memorable music tracks in the game) comes to mind in regards to feeling somewhat redundant because he was essentially a tutorial boss, only he comes after the actual tutorial boss. I know it's probably low hanging fruit, but Yhorm's "fight" bears mentioning too. Nevermind that it's essentially just an excuse to hamfist a Demon's Souls reference into the game, but unlike the Storm Ruler in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 3's Storm Ruler doesn't need to be there at all. It was necessary to include in DeS because apart from whittling him down for ages with arrows or whatever, you had no way of even touching the Storm King without it, whereas Yhorm not only isn't even that big, but is also touching the ground. If they had bumped his damage resistance to normal weapons down somewhat and increase the damage he deals Yhorm would've been fine, but as he is he's about as memorable as any filler boss, which is kind of tragic since he's meant to be one of the 4 "main" bosses. I also forgot that Wolnir was in the game until I looked up the list of bosses, for what it's worth.

The Deacons, the Ancient Wyvern, the Crystal Sage, the Old Demon King and the Champion's Gravetender also feel like filler to me, but they're all optional, in fairness.

On a different note, the Soul of Cinder was conceptually very cool and reasonably difficult, but I felt he was cheapened a bit by both he and his music turning into one big Dark Souls 1 reference halfway through, especially since he's the final boss. In general, I think he sums up Dark Souls 3 quite well, in the sense that it's decent on the whole but doesn't really have many original ideas of its own.

Didn't they patch out Tear Drop?

Oh shit, I forgot about the doll you need to get from the Deacons. My bad, it's late where I am.

You were wrong in the thread you made and you're wrong now. In the context of that webm you were a fucking retard for going past a fog gate with a decent amount of souls and also making a b-line for the bed and not fucking waiting for 2 seconds to get past his swings while allowing for the blood stain to be at the bottom. That blood stain would never be there if you didn't just rush to your death the second you reached the bottom like a spaz.

Dark souls 3 is harder than Dark Souls 1 though.

That Youtube video represents information regarding the game and how the system works.

Your polls are outdated trash.

Yeah pretty much. Once you fight the pontiff knights you realize that the enemies have infinite stamina, require a ton of damage to stagger, and have no leash zone and will follow you to the ends of the earth.

How the fuck is Dark Souls 3 a low point of the series when Dark Souls 1 has worse everything bar story and world design?

The things 3 adds is often very useless or unneeded as well, and they constantly use design ideas and map design from 1 instead of having their own. But it's mostly a linear slodge with some half decent places. The gameplay in 1 is better all around. Especially with the enemy placement and overall fairness and interesting, well done gimmicks in most of the regions.

And while it's obviously better, the level design in 1 is just so much better that they make the levels in 3 look like an intern designed them. More importantly though, the things that are better in 3 are only slightly or a little better. I can't think of anything in 3 that made me think it was a game changer. While the things that are better in 1 are near perfection. Basically I can't think of anything in 3 that made me rethink the franchise or really get invested in as much as I was in 1. It's just a well done rehash and that's its biggest problem. Still better than 2 though.

Maybe because it's nostalgia speaking but DaS1 world design is nothing special, it's not like you can skip everything, you have to abuse glitch for that. The level design itself is linear hallways with some interesting sight seeings, which is done worse than DaS3.

More buzzwords, such as?

Not really, DaS1 is a downgrade compared to DeS, while DaS3 is closer to DeS.

The faster gameplay, the smarter and harder enemies, the actually challenging and fast bosses?

Nothing in DaS1 is perfect. Nothing.

There's no hybrid in 3, and there's nothing properly silly, extra, optional, or out of the way. It's horrendously straight forward and boring as fuck after the first time. Also the covenants are unbelievably boring and unrewarding. Farron and Blue/Darkmoon are still actually broken. New Game+ changes or adds absolutely nothing except pitifully small ring upgrades.

Hybrid/quality is still the best in DaS3 though.
Unfortunately true, but this is tied to level design/world design.
So still a small improvement over DaS1 then.

DS1 at least had Gravelord phantoms. "Quality" builds where you pump 40str/dex and have a refined weapon is not what I meant by hybrid and you should know better. There's no viable dex/faith for example. Faith in general kinda sucks actually which is also lame.

Skeleton key. Skips the entire first bell section that you can later get back to without having to go through undead burg. You may also skip the sewers, blight town and several other areas like the Great Hallow and ash lake.

Assuming what I said before didn't exist the levels in 1 are still better done. You're not walking on a path half the time and you actually can go really out of your way in some of them just to find a secret or hard to obtain item that's very good. The shield sif holds or the Chaos ember are good examples of these. But there's much more.

No buzzwords. They just do a good job at placing enemies so you're not being bumrushed in poorly thought out ways like 2 does all the time.
Darkness in Tomb of the giants, lava in Izalith, ghosts in New lando, divine enemies and the painting room Anor Lando, ect.

Pretty retarded fam.

Oh it's you. Fuck off faggot, we've been over why you held no point in saying the gameplay is "faster". And we've been over why harder isn't better because 2 exists.

The also boring and tedious to fight ones you mean? They were just sweep attackers that you abused I frames on. Nothing better than 1 and certainly worse because 1 because none of them are memorable.

Then nothing in 3 is even good. Certainly nothing is near perfection.

Still have to go to Sen's fortress. And you can arguably skip a lot of shit in DaS3 you fight the Dancer first.

You are actually walking on a path most of the times in DaS1, this is provable because the level designs ARE hallways.

Same for DaS3 then.

The biggest challenges in DaS1 remain when they bumrush you with a lot of fast enemies like dogs and ghosts though.

I would definitely say they are more memorable to fight than bosses like Taurus demon, demon centipede, the 3 versions of the asylum demon, the bed of chaos, the moonlight butterfly, quelaagā€¦These bosses feel like pushover to me.

I'm sorry but DeS styles all over DaS, DaS after all is known as the open world DeS with downgraded everything.

It's faster because you move faster, the weapons swing faster and the enemies are also faster. And harder is a boon in this case because having the same difficulty as DaS1 would be a huge letdown.

Gameplay in 3 is near perfection, much better than DaS1, so is the graphics and style.

There is the church covenant DLC.
Get better then? You would kick ass with a holy washing pole.

What does the one player boss have to do with ng+ having a new feature? Also I'm sure that would be terrible.

It's content meant best for NG+. The DLCs are for NG+ in general.
Blessed washing pole is the best dex weapon with a fucking B in faith.

What? The DLC don't require ng+. Them existing isn't somehow a new feature in ng+. What???

Not required, but recommended because the DLC are released for the playerbase when most of them already finish the vanilla game.

And? You have to go to plenty of places in 3 as well. You just don't have to do so through a completely linear path.

Yea gee that giant hallways in Darkroot basin was really neat huh? No really though there's more actual hallways in 3 than there are in 1 by a long shot. The amount of them alone in the Deacons of the Deep area is fucking garbage. The most hallway area in 1 was usually on final stretch areas to bosses like the Crystal Caves or the cave leading up to Nito. Otherwise the levels were very open with many alternate routes to explore with different loot in each. 3 tried doing this but nowhere near the extent that 1 reached.

You're saying this when 3 has maybe 12 fucking times more dogs and poise heavy assassins that will straight up sprint at you with a jump attack? These were never fun in 1 but they restricted those types of enemies to do less damage or didn't use them often. And they remained just as un-fun in 3 but they decided they wanted more. And you never get bumrushed by ghosts unless you're an impatient faggot who yolo's his way through new lando without a care in the world.

The funny thing is that I can't even remember the names of the bosses in 3. They were that forgettable. For all the faults in some of the bosses they were all at least interesting to fight aside from the 2nd non-optional asylum demon. Who was more of a miniboss anyway because the Centipede demon followed right after him.

lolkfam. Not even going to get into this shit. DeS and DaS are on equal footing as far as I'm concerned. Agree to disagree here because I'm not going into a 3rd game when the focus is on 2.

An opinionated improvement. Dark Souls 1 had more momentum and strategy where as 3 is just spam a button to complete a combo. I take 1's combat over 3 simply because it's more focused on making solid decisions in the nick of time rather than relying on reflex and frontal lobe the entire time. Not my cup of tea.

There's a difference between a harder game and a more tedious game. Difficulty can often come at the cost of poor design decisions. And 3 falls into those poor design decisions often because it want's to be "hard". I don't mind a harder game. But I'll take an easier game if the easier game is better made.

Might as well say "heart". Ironically enough though my issue with DS2 is that it has no staying power, no "soul". Those problems persist in 3 to a lesser but still noticeable extent. I love hearing about trivia and design tips from 1. I could care less in 3. There's nothing in it that looks like I want to know more about it. The reserved and subtle indications of events going on in 1 were handled much better. The Abyss in general was fantastically handled and nothing in 3 come close to it. I'm thankful they said they'd stop after 3. They will never reach the levels of solid design that 1 had.

Go down the slide and immediately jump in a pit. Your bloodstain is either at the top of the slide or at the bottom of the slide. It's never supposed to spawn on invalid ground.

completely unredeemable

NO. NO YOU CANNOT. YOU CAN EXPLORE A SMALL HANDFUL OF AREAS EARLIER THAN YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO. YOU CAN SKIP NOTHING.

Oookay but "the dlc exists" is still not a new game+ feature.

Nice job mentioning why you went through a fucking fog gate with so many fucking souls. And on the Bed of Chaos no less. It has nothing to do with being a glitch, because it's not a very big punishment for anybody with common sense. You were just being retarded and everybody in the thread knew this and said the same thing. Get over it. That's not even that many souls that late into the game anyway.

Is this a joke, most of Darkroot basin is a hallway, with the exception of the hydra.
I have the most fun with them because they are challenging though.
Well, I do, and they are better than the DaS1's bosses, like who really think Taurus Demon et all are good bosses, they are piss easy to fight.
OK, that's my take on it. DaS1 really does have worse gameplay than DeS, BB and DaS3.
3 combat is more complex and tactical since you can never tank with poise like in 1. You have to watch when and how you swing in order to avoid stunlock.
DaS3 is not really more tedious, the gameplay is faster and most engagements can be finished in minutes as long as you are good.
But DaS3 is better made than DaS1.
You are not proving me wrong you know? You are just spouting opinion on how a faster, harder game like DaS3 isn't better.
That's your opinion though.

DaS3 concludes the series, DaS1 got the pleasure of being released first.

So you can skip TO some areas earlier, happy?

This is every DaS thread now.

I'm sad but what can I do? :(

Aside from playing DaS3 I guess.

Jesus christ both of the fucking autists are in this thread? Mark please deliver us from this torment and just ban souls threads. It would be better than this shitshow.

I'd rather play Lords of the Fallen than that shit. Worse parry and heal spam than DS3.

lol feel free to.

IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH A GLITCH.

I KNOW HOW TO DUPE ITEMS. I CAN GIVE MYSELF INFINITE SOULS AND HUMANITY AT WILL. THE AMOUNT OF SOULS AND HUMANITY D O E S N O T M A T T E R

YOU ARE DEFENDING A GAME BREAKING ITS OWN RULES DUE TO BAD CODING

also
So you claim it's a lot of souls and then claim it's not a lot of souls. good to see you have coherent opinions

That's not a skip.

you could kill yourself instead of ruining every thread

You can SKIP to areas earlier.
No, I don't ruin any thread.

That's not a skip. Learn what words mean or better yet kill yourself.

I agree with the other anons. You're really lame.

He skipped through the book quickly.

Do not bully please.

>disregarding or omitting what intervenes
Going to an area slightly earlier does not let you
disregard or omit
getting the other three lord souls and returning there.

KILL

YOUR

SELF

Except it's not? From Darkroot Basin you can go to Undead Burg, 2 ways into Darkroot Forest, Valley of the Drakes and the entirety of the DLC. There's also an

There's nothing challenging about killing a group of glass cannons that move 80mph. It's just an enemy that punishes you for accidentally aggroing more than 1 because they're all fucking grouped together most of the time because of bad placement.

Congrats, you memorize similar looking enemies who are objectively less fun to fight.

You mean the 1 you fight on the bridge? That has multiple functions depending on how you fight him? He was fucking great what the fuck are you talking about? He would even jump after you if you tried climbing the ladder but you could plunge his ass if you were fast enough.
Wrong but get over it. Focus on 1 game at a time. You can barely focus on breathing.
Was just as effective as being a dexfag and using I frames.

Same with 1. Most every boss or enemy can be killed relatively quickly if you have the right build, weapons, stats or infusions.

You're not the one bringing any facts or names to the table. I've given you several locations and insight as to why you're wrong with each individual point you've brought up and for some reason you think you're right. This is why nobody wants to argue with you. You just move goalposts every time you're proven wrong.
2 wasn't even made by the same fucking dev team and fucked the lore a new anus while being completely unsubtle about fanservice with the solair meme descriptions and shitty plot. Get your shit together.

That would imply the series wasn't perfectly concluded with 1. It should have ended at 1. There was nothing left to continue and the games that followed it haven't come quite as close to being as good since. I'm off to bed.

I'm defending the game because it's a harmless glitch. Anybody with half a brain would never run into it.
It's relative. It's not a lot of souls but you wouldn't be bitching if you thought it was none would you? If your main point was to say that the game has a glitch than well done. It's a tiny, cherypick of a glitch. Congrats, most games have them. I'm not the one who made a thread with that webm calling the game shit because you can't use common sense though. You need to get over this user. It will keep eating away at you because you know you're wrong.

it let disregarding contents and go to new areas earlier.

You just cannot ignore an entire area.

Look, buddy, he's just gonna keep lying. It's a7aea6 with a new ID. Tell him to kill himself, filter him, and move on.

There's also an NPC you can buy shit from as well as an optional mini-boss*

My bad.

Go to bed of chaos and sprint into a pit. I'm 100% serious about this. Do it right now and take a picture of where your bloodstain is.

Albeit the idiot you're arguing with starting the last Dark Souls thread, you, or someone very similar to you, argued with him for almost 100 posts in that thread, and all I'm seeing here is a setup for that to happen again. It's like a perfect storm of retardery that will tank every souls thread.

I'm talking about level design, Darkroot Basin is a hallway.

It's definitely more challenging than fighting individual high health enemies that cannot kill you quick i.e. Dark Souls 1.
Because they actually pose a challenge, unlike aS1 boss.
Yes, and what's the solution? You climb up, plunge him 3 times and he dies. That's not a challenge.
Why wrong?
Yes, and both either styles are better than tanking everything with poises.
Except DaS1 is an easier game with lesser aggressive and slower enemies.
I'm bringing factual elements of the game, Dark Souls 3 is objectively faster and harder than DaS1, that's a boo.
Yeah, the gameplay could be better, that's why they make DaS3.

It's like you don't want to see somebody go past (100) and have to constantly reply to your superior arguments while sounding like an idiot. Instead of not wanting to debate the game with an idiot why don't you just join in? We have the EYEfag for a reason you know. If enough people point out why he's wrong he'll have no choice but to sound like a complete retard which is fun.

Was never about the glitch fam. I'm not defending it, it's just harmless to people who use their brain for things other than inhaling air and eating bugs. You're just retarded and complain about something that isn't worth discussing.

Do you argue it doesn't?

Instead of going the long way, you can go the short way by killing dancer.

Where are the superior arguments?

All I'm seeing is:

Dark Souls 3 is faster and harder thus better be countered with NO IT'S TEDIOUS NOT FUN BULLSHIT HOW DARE YOU ENJOY THAT.

Which is an opinion, not argument.

:^)

nigga that sentence doesn't even make sense

rainbow turducken area recidivist cunt, prove me wrong

As it allows you to go the short way instead of the long way?

rainbow turducken area recidivist cunt, prove me wrong

Okay :(

A hallway is a straight path you know right? Darkroot Basin is not a straight path. Even when it comes to level design.
Already said you can. Just git gud and learn their moves. It's also more gratifying because you get to actual focus on a an enemy as a duel rather than a shitshow of things flying at you.

They don't pose a challenge at all. You just abuse the same I frames and stab them in the ass like any boss in 1. They rarely have any unique or fantastical element about them either.

Also
You kill him in a method of ways that is completely up to you. Doing the plunge method is good but actually killing him on the bridge is faster. Especially with a good enough weapon. Weren't you all about doing things fast and yet you know nothing about how the fight actually operates? And it's no harder than half the bosses in 3 so again, no argument.
Learn english. But from what I get from this you're saying that using multiple styles are actually beneficial which isn't a negative so thanks I guess?
Depends on the enemy. Unlike 3 bosses actually have variety and aren't all about being tediously hard so much as fun and engaging. I remember centipede demon more than most bosses in 3 because the Centipede demons limbs would fall off and become separate enemies. While this usually didn't make the game harder it added an element that was different and altered the play style. Did I mention this all happens on a tiny plate of land away from lava? Not much like that in 3.
And both of these things don't make it a better game. We've said this already. Faster makes it more frontal lobe and harder doesn't mean better. Actually say something contextual about these points. I shouldn't have to teach you how to argue.
Actually they made 2. And it was trash. So they made 3 and it was a slight improvement. 1 will remain the best of the 3.

Yea all those names of places I mentioned that you wanted the names of and specific references to exactly counterpoint what you said about linearity just don't exist then.

Harder is tedious because it's not designed well. Look back on my posts and you'll see that. I never said the faster part had to do with the tedium that game had. It's just a different element that doesn't really hold up that well or to much differently.

I'm defending that you're a whiny faggot who can't get over things. Unless you actually have a point to make we're done here.

t. guy who came out of nowhere to defend a glitch
You never had a point when you started this, why do I suddenly need one?

t. guy who still bitches about a pointless glitch
My point is get over it. It's not worth bringing up.

Darkroot Basin is not a straight path, but its design is hallways that lead to hallways.
What the fuck? If you want duel, go play PVP, PvE is about either trash mobs or boss fight.
They move faster, have more moves, can respond much more aggressive than anything in 1. They are also more unique than 1, moveset wise.
So I use the safest and most risk-free method, you plunge him 3 times and he's done.
Because plunge him one time with a good weapon and he's done.
It's definitely easier than any bosses in 3.
But 3 bosses actually have a variety of movesets and are fun/challenging to fight, unlike DaS1 which have actual gimmick and scenery big bosses that are asses to fight.
It does though.

Dark Souls 1 levels are hallways, this is undeniable, you can see this by looking at the map.
But it's not tedious? Most engagments can be finished very quick if you are good.
So what's the tedium exactly?

2 tried to improve the game.
3 straight out improved it.
3 already bests 1 in gameplay. 1 is only superior because of nostalgia.

It was completely relevant to the discussion at hand about item duping. Stop getting buttmad that your favorite game is flawed and glitchy.

I will let you judge by yourself.

ok
it's not a hallway

I dunno, that's a lot of hallways to me, especially when the roundest area are hallways on top of each other.

this is a hallway

Because it's actually discussing the game? I don't know why you think people arguing over which game is better is somehow unusual for a video game centered board. Some of the best threads I've been in were nothing but debates about this sort of stuff.

Oh so if you have to walk 20 feet in any direction it's suddenly a hallways then? DS3 is nothing but a hallway then.
Also it's hardly a duel when your extremely good. You can pretty much kill most enemies fairly quickly assuming you know their move sets. But you were the one who persisted in thinking that enemies in 1 have a bunch of HP when they only do occasionally. And when they do it's even more fun because you can rip them a new ass in no time at all if you're good enough or know they're weaknesses.

You also move faster so this isn't even a point to bring up. You move slower in 1 so it would make sense the bosses would move slower. The payoff is that you get to digest the situation and excel by good strategy and self placement as well as coming in prepared. I killed most of the bosses in 3 on my first try. Even ones that tried to switch up the gameplay I just ended up abusing I frames and having to wait while they pulled off boring chain combo moves where nearly every part of their body is a damage inducing hitbox.
You also used the most boring and time consuming method unless
Assuming you're fighting him later in the game or you're meta faggot this isn't really even worth bringing up. If you have a weapon that does that much damage you could probably kill him quicker just by running to him and cutting him into ribbons rather than waiting to climb up a ladder.

I never had any issues with most of the bosses except the second one and that was because I had everything against me class wise. But I mainly never had an issue because they rarely changed from 2 legged enemy and they're move patterns all started to look the same more or less. Every fight was like fighting Gwyn except I couldn't parry but I already knew all their moves and you had to wait sometimes while they would pull a combo in a direction that wasn't even facing you.
Nothing wrong with the word gimmick. Gimmicks were done beautifully in 1 and attempted in 3 to varying levels of success. And the areas that were fought were usually pretty reserved because the focus was on the boss. The areas were perfect though because they were all iconic. The fight on the top of the bridge with the Taurus demon is burned into my skull. The battle with the giant ice monster in some hallway isn't.

Nice argument

Only when you say they are apparently. If DS1 is mostly hallways then 3 is nothing but hallways. But DS1 isn't as I've already said since every area almost always leads to more than 1 new area. For reference you start on Firelink Shrine. From Firelink Shrine you can go to Undead Burg, New Lando, The Catacombs, The Undead Asylum and the Undead parish. From New Lando you can go to 3 new places, from Undead Burg you can go to more than 3. The world is diverse and it extends to re rest of the game. In 3 you are given a set of pathways with minor sidepaths for most of it. The connectivity is lost and instead replaced by low effort teleportation system.

Again, nice lack of argument.

LOL

Meant for

After first body of text and on.
I really gotta stop doing these late at night

+0 zwei at 16 str 10 dex with gold pine resin will do him in

ah, but this doesn't 'increase the combat levels' so it's irrelevant because he said so

But this is assuming you're going to be using that weapon every run and have found the pine resin with the key you bought from the merchant. This is also assuming you wouldn't just run up to him and just beat him up there for a (probably) quicker kill. Still good to know you can 1 shot him I guess.

zwei is a meme weapon bro
Actually, the master key also opens that door. Not, y'know, the door in the lower burg. THAT one requires the resident key, despite the master and resident key working on the upper burg door. Because that's how locks work.

Well yea that's kinda what I meant
I'm only saying this from the perspective of a first time player who would probably never know to do all these things and would only figuring it out by using a guide or listening to his meme friends about how to get all the "best" stuff. Usually I skip undeadburg all together and go straight for Qualaag or the Great Hallow to get souls and farm all the Titanite lizards. Sometimes I'll even get lucky and get a slab.

who is this nigger
okay mattpat, why don't you go and explain how mario kart is dangerous because of frivolous height calculations

Yes, if it's only limited to that direction and you can go right or left, this fits neatly into Darkroot Basin.
What goalpost? Duel is not something you do in Dark Souls's PvE.
And this is what makes DaS3 good, hard but not tedious, when you are good, battles are quick and deadly, no matter how good you are in DaS1, you are still clunky compared to DaS3.
Which makes the game slower and easier.
As in, get a shitton of poise and smack everything down? Digest the situation means the game is slow already.
You are a legit good player then, admittedly I couldn't do that even in DaS1 where most bosses are piss easy.
You can do the same thing in Dark Souls 1, and it's even easier because the enemies are slow.
But it's completely safe and efficient.
Or risk getting stunlock by his move, you can get the black knight sword, plunge and kill him in two hits.
2 legged enemies are more interesting in all 3 games, all the other enemies are gimmicky scenary bosses that get old after the first time.
Everything is wrong with it, gimmick gets old after the first time, you can pay me to fight the centipede demon or endless discharge, those shit are wank.
Maybe with you, but the taurus demon fight isn't as memorable as Vordt, Vordt has an actual moveset.
They are hallways regardless, the fact they lead to new areas do not stop them from being hallways.
There is a reason they give you the lord soul in DaS1, they know traveling is a pain in the ass after awhile, slogging yourself through shit isn't a nice way to play the game.

Again, I have argued all my points regarding the game being better because it's harder and faster, your opinion otherwise doesn't disprove my point.

DS3 is nothing but hallways. You're wrong, but if you're going to sport this logic it can only be said that DS3 is 100% hallway.
A fight between 1 enemy at a time is a duel. Dark Souls combat is not suited for fighting more than 1 enemy at a time. DS2 expresses this very well.
I just described in detail why they weren't and yet you still think they are. Enemies in 1 are often simple and clean to kill. The enemies in 3 rely on numbers and inflated HP or a trap to kill you. In 1 the "traps" often made sense and were done in places where it met the context. In 3 they took an impish glass cannon of a character and stuck them all over the walls and called it a day. Overall taking care of them was more tedious than anything in 1 because taking them out was always a chore of activating them 1 at a time and killing them individually. This is only made worse when you realize that they pretty much copy and paste half of the enemies like this that you encounter in most of the the other areas as well. And that almost every enemy in DS1 is unique to the area they're in.
Not if you're doing good damage. You're really exaggerating how much slower DS1 is to 3. It's not by as wide a margin as you're making it out to be. I can kill most enemies in 1 in less than 15 or so seconds at the most providing I have the correct gear.
After playing the game for the 20th run maybe. What made DS3 a cakewalk for me was the lack of any interesting boss fights to throw me off.
Even with pose you still couldn't tank boss battles. The only situation where this would be viable is if you were to min max the fuck out of every single item in the game. To which at that point you could do the same for 3 with the best loot available and accomplish the same thing. Poise was overrated in DS1. It worked only exceptionally well for the 4 kings but the remainder of the enemies in the game don't need a poise heavy build.
The bosses in 1 were harder for different reasons. The environment they were in would often play a key role in how to get an upper hand on them as apposed to 3 where it wasn't even a puzzle or an interesting fight. It was just spamming I frames and waiting for them to cool down for a second so you could land a few hits on them and walk away. Many of the bosses in the game will simply refuse to let you keep the damage on by flailing around like a retard or hiding their weak points in RNG dependent moves that showcase them, or make you wait while they resurface through magic bullshit. There's more waiting overall in plenty of the fights in 3. Why you would think 1 is slower is beyond me.
You're rarely waiting for them to finish a move and you can often just chase after them and nail them in the ass a few times if you're lucky. But this often came at the risk of fucking up and getting shit on. In 3 since their moves are so exaggerated and over the top they just go all over the fucking map. That or they're just not designed to be killed without waiting.

But you said yourself you like killing things faster. What's wrong, lose your edge?
Almost like the boss is dangerous and difficult and you should only do it if you're good. I don't remember being able to make such a decision to that extent in 3. Where you could decide for a slower but easier kill or a quicker but more risky method.
They're all boring is what they are. No variety and no unexpected risks that you might take by facing them. Not inherently hard either. The only times they were hard in 1 was when they were obviously trained fighters. In 3 you get weird rogue characters that all look the same and do generally the same thing move set wise. The joy in fighting weird creatures in 1 was finding out what the fuck it was going to do to try and kill you and overcoming their weaknesses. In 3 it's just a tedious grind as you realize that there's no giant leaps ion move set diversity.
First off, there's nothing wrong with gimmicks, the word gets a negative treatment but gimmicks in games are fine if they're done well. The gimmicks in 1 are fantastic. As I said certain enemies are unique to their location and they all have certain things that make them difficult or engaging to fight. A boss battle without a gimmick is what we got in 3. And because of that they all blur together without much to define any of them.
Yea that's why I still play the game to this day. New Lando's ghosts phasing was a gimmick. It was still the most memorable and heart pounding time I've had in a while because I was genuinely apprehensive about everywhere I went. Even now that I know where they're all located I still can't fully know where all of them are at any given time and it still throws me off occasionally. None of that suspense or apprehension was felt in 3. All that made me apprehensive were the obvious traps and the wall huggers that were placed in a way that looked like an amateur modder put them there.
By this you're telling me that the only thing that matters with the boss is a giant move set. Not the dozens of other factors that go into a boss fight, such as the location and the context. Which play just as big of a role because they managed to do more with less with them. If the bosses had the same amount of move sets from 3 in 1 it would still not be preferable if it came at the sacrifice of a bland area and a bland enemy. And Vordt was possibly one of the worst bosses in the game. All you did was stay under his belly while you spammed light attacks for the first phase then just waited for him to charge ice breath on his second. Fighting him was not fun or engaging. It was just finding a method to kill him that didn't rely on having to even dodge his shitty move set. Which was just a game of fighting the bull in DaS1. The quicker moves didn't really do much to make him any harder either. The only real bullshit thing about him though was the amount of HP he had at such an early level of the game. If you started as a different class and had certain stats, killing him was just a matter of widdling down his HP.
Why don't you actually make an effort to describe what the fuck you mean by hallways before you even call them such. Because from where I'm standing the level I described is by no definition a hallway. Or even a corridor. Or a straight path for that matter.
They give you the lord vessel because the game opens up to new areas that a little more linear as they're the ends of a branch. If you're playing Dark Souls and you hate traveling and exploring new areas you're essentially contradicting what the franchise is mostly about.
No you havn't. You just keep saying it's harder and faster. That's not an opinion that's just a statement you're basing from the game merely existing.
In the world of debate, typically the person with evidence is the victor. You post 1 image of a non linear map and I post 4 from 3 that are. You ask me what areas aren't linear I name those areas and you name me nothing and move goalposts. This is how this arguments been going for weeks now and you're none the wiser from it. You're now downgraded to a vegetable. Enjoy.

everything he doesnt like is a hallway

I'm trying to get him to say 1 specific thing about anything in order to advance this argument. It's like watching a 6 year old try to argue politics. But it's video games instead. Making essay posts to this kind of retardation is almost worth it to see how much retardation a person is capable of.

why don't you suck my dick, fag

i'm used to sage clearing after 1 post and needing to use noko

Not him, but do people actually enjoy exploring these big, open areas? Darkroot Basin is probably one of my least favorite in the series, and when I saw a similar area in DS3's final DLC (roughly the part where you fight against Dragonslayer Armour and get his set from him), I immediately let out a sigh.
It can be pretty boring to navigate these areas, because the game requires you to move back and forth to make sure you don't miss anything. Sometimes it's good to have restrictions so you have a specific goal to move towards.

The payoff to that is that the more wide open the area the less often that place is going to be filled with a bunch of items. Izalith for example on the giant wide open lava area there's only maybe 2-4 items. half of which are pretty useless or just souls. You're never tediously going back and forth through a large area either because you can usually see where items are a mile away and plan for that accordingly. It doesn't hurt either that the Great Basin isn't really that large. To go from end to end, especially with the rusty ring it takes maybe a 30 seconds to a minute assuming there's no enemies and you've killed the Hydra. Even with enemies once you've killed the hydra the place is easy as hell to move around in.

The maps in 1 aren't linear but they usually have a direction. Painted world is a good example. Once you see that long ass bridge you pretty much know where to go. But you don't because you want to look around and explore. Honestly if you want a good idea of how the maps really function in 1 just download this: kayin.moe/?p=2218

It shows everywhere possible in the game on a 3D scale. You can see that it's like a tree. Plenty of areas you can explore across in the center but it becomes a bit more linear the further you go out. People like the first half of the game more for a reason. While I generally don't mind the second half at all you can tell that a big part of what people loved in the first game was the interconnection between everything and the extremely simple yet confusing and well crafted design on the levels. When you actually look at the Sewers they don't look that complicated. But when you were playing I bet you were at some point lost to some extent.

I was thinking more of the forest part, actually (might be the Darkroot Garden, I think). That area is wide and covered enough so that your field of vision can't spot every treasure or potential landmark, so you have to do a bit of exploring back and forth, and around the edges.
Might not be a significant issue if you already know where you need to go and the exact location of XYZ items, but to me it always felt like a chore.

Well most of the items in that location are kinda useless anyway unless you want the DWG ring or two of the 4 knight rings. Generally the area looks great though so I had no issues with exploring it.

And? What's wrong with hallways?
And how many times do you actually fight ONE enemy at a time in Dark Souls? Every trash mob is at least 3.
But they are? Come on, no matter how you try to weave your ass through it, the enemies in DaS3 are faster but quicker than in DaS1 because you move fast and kill fast too.
wut? Didn't call you 3 enemies to be glass cannons, and no, they don't have inflated HP.
How the fuck? Just aggro them all and kill them all at the same time, how is that a chore compared to aggro one each and kill them each at a time? This is fucking nonsense.
No, you are much faster in DaS3 in DaS1 it's not even joking, the difference between how you swing the great axe can be noticeable.
Game is already bitch easy once you get a black knight weapon, no need for 20th run.
You absolutely can, just pump HP, wolf ring and havel set.
But they weren't? They weren't hard at all, the only hard boss in 1 is O&S, Artorias and Manus, everything else is a piece of cake once you figure out their slow ass patern.
Areas are big but empty, enemies are slow, you are slow, you swing weapons slowly, 1 is fucking slow, m8.
Certainly you do, especially in fight against like enhanced asylum demon or the drake, where you have to wait for them to finish their attack before attacking.

This doesn't matter in DaS3 because you can easily stunlock enemies half-attack in.

This way is safe and efficient though.
Or because it's easy to do this way so it's better to do it this way.
Because bosses in 3 don't have obvious plunging bosses to kill them.
But you do, it's where great weapons come in, with hyper armor, you can kill the boss faster but it's riskier because if you time it wrong, you get stunlocked.
They aren't, they have actual movesets, they can dodge, that means they are more infinitely more interesting than scenery bosses.
Gimmicks are by definition not done well because they are one trick pony, see one and get old.
And I play DaS3 over DaS1, what does it mean? DaS1 is shit?
Yes, because they are actually interesting to fight, unlike half the bosses in DaS1.
So the worst boss in the game is better than half of the bosses in DaS1, wut?
A hallway is a corridor where you go from point A to point B, where you cannot possible go break down the invisible wall and go somewhere else.
So the lord vessel is about ease of travel? If the world design is so good and you can go anywhere, why give the lord vessel?
This franchise starts with Demon's Souls, the game where you can warp half-time to go back to the hub, what the fuck are you talking about?
Faster can be provable by the ways enemies move and how you swing your weapons, harder is what you yourself admit.
I have evidence on my side though?
What goalpost moving? Are you still denying Darkroot basic is a giant hallway?

What the fuck, you aren't exploring, you are just sight seeing.

What specific thing?

DS1 doesn't have em. Also their linear trash when compared to the level designed from 1.
Plenty of times. Depends on how you approach them though. Look at Anor Lando for example. Why am I telling you something you should already know?
You're the faggot who can't give a single example of fucking anything in either game.
Kill fast is bullshit. They stack insane amount of HP on plenty of enemies that shouldn't have that much HP. The Assasins come to mind. For such light and agile enemies they have a fuckton of HP. Same goes for the fat pyromancers who are essentially tanks who do no damage because fireballs are fucking useless against a player.

Depends on the enemies. I'm mainly talking about dogs and runts when I mention glass cannons.
They do. At least to the extent where you will have to grind for a bit unless your class isn't hybrid or you went with an obvious win build. And I'm sure there's alternatives that might work but I'm not a meta gaming faggot. Basically the enemies in 3 just aren't fun to kill. There's never pressure to kill them either because it's just a cat and mouse game half the time of grabbing aggro or deciding you want to die because you're sick of waiting for an enemy to break away from a group.
Anybody who thinks that playing the game by fighting 3 or more mid to tough tier enemies is the standard is fucking retarded. It's more difficult in the sense that putting your hand on a hot stove for more than 3 seconds is difficult. I'm not going into a fight with 3 enemies hoping to get a lucky swing and break the poise on all 3. That's retarded. The original Darksouls gameplay isn't designed for fighting more than 1 enemy at a time and it clearly shows in 2 and still does in 3. The targeting system is enough proof of this. And even if you don't target good luck hitting those hitboxes on the dogs or runts.
No you're just retarded
But not earth shattering. Which is my point. You're taking a game that can run 60fps to a game that can has port issues and is often ran at 30. I've played both games on a solid rig at both 60FPS and despite some of the differences I can clearly see that the differences in speed are faster but not much faster. Why you keep bringing this up as some giant game changing feature is beyond me. It doesn't add or take away much as far as I'm concerned. It's only slightly less momentum based and instead is more twitchy on moves. Which is a good term because you keep mentioning 1 as clunky when it's just momentum doing what it does best.
Play NG+. Base game wise I found it only slightly harder than 1 but only when it was being fair. When I died it was usually because they put a scamp on a wall for the 40th time and I was tired of fucking looking.

This isn't really a good argument for your claim that the game is easy by the way. You just used google to find a good build. I can do the same thing with a dex build and be just as successful. But even then nobody's going to do this on their first run. And if they are it's on a later playthrough and they're just getting to NG+. Where that strategy absolutely does not work.
Yea I'm sure you didn't die at all when fighting the Kapra demon for the first time. Same goes for Centipede demon or the Asylum Demon. They were harder in that they put you in unusual circumstances. The bosses themselves were usually easy on their own. But the beauty was in the design. Not just throwing 20 different moves at you when you already can dodge all of them with I frames with ease. You had to think on your toes in 1 as apposed to just turning off your brain in 3 and just making the game a QTE of dodging, hitting a few times and then dodging again. You were never presented with a challenge that wasn't just the boss having moves save for a few bosses which were probably the best in the game.
Some areas. And even then those areas are big for a reason. Like Anor Lando because it's built for giants. Empty is debatable. There's enemies in those areas so I wouldn't call them empty.
Some enemies are slow. Same goes for 3. Many enemies are slow moving to like the Giants of the Deacons.
You can keep saying this all you want it won't magically fix your lack of an argument. The game being faster in 3 didn't make it harder. It just made it more frontal lobe while nothing of substance was actually going on.
Cool fact. You can break their poise if you're good enough. Unlike in 3. And even then you would only ever have to wait with the butt slam on the demon. Which is a very short gap apposed to some of the bullshit pulled in 3.
Enemies in 3 are built with poise in mind more often than not. If you're not a STR build you're going to realize this very soon.
You've already said that. It doesn't answer my question.
git gud. You're the one who wants his game to be harder. If you're not actually making an effort to do so then I can cheese everything in 3 as well. Believe me I've found plenty of ways.
That's the problem. They don't have fucking anything. They're just in giant empty rooms with nothing interesting. The bosses themselves are easy as well.
So instead of having fun and interesting ways of killing a boss more quickly you would rather just wear a set of armor for all of them? Way to dumb it down and simplify it compared to 1.
Enemies in 1 all have individual move sets as well. Humans in 3 all had the same general move sets. Saying nothing here once again.
Enemies dodged in 1. Bandits are a good example. As did NPC's.

Fucking lol. Not even close. They just dodged and prolonged the fight. And because I was dex I never had to worry about that with my far reaching weapons.
Ok first, that's not a definition. That's a statement. Second, gimmicks are all fucking over 3. Don't even bullshit me. The fucking HP draining iron maidens, the scamps all over the wall, the giant who fired arrows. All of these were gimmicks and all of them wore out their welcome unlike 1 which keeps changing pace so you don't get tired of them.
One area can have multiple gimmicks. And those gimmicks might be 1 trick occasionally however it's how that trick is used to its fullest in 1 that makes it a good game. The Ghosts in New Lando being able to phase through the walls is a gimmick. But they use that creatively each time in a way you wouldn't fully expect to keep it fresh. In 3 they just piled those life drain maidens in every room and hopes you did ok. Until by the end there was about 5 of them put in the same room which does not work well with a life drain ability.
Means you have skewed taste. If it were possible to have rose tinted goggles for a new game you would have them. My statements about 1 are facts I bring up. Doesn't hurt that I played the game only a few months before I tried 3.
To retarded to respond to clearly. But the only boss worse than him was the Bed of Chaos. And even with the bed you could just trial and error it. Vordt was just a combination of cheesing being the optimized method of combat and being really fucking unfair to certain builds. Not a good boss by any stretch.
By definition Darkroot Basin is not this because you can go in several directions. Not just A or B. I listed those directions already.
I literally just fucking said why you mouth breathing vegetable. The latter half of the game has more linear sections so it becomes more necessary. Everything prior to it however the lord vessel is barely wanted or needed because the world is so well knit together.
Exploration with minimal teleportation was the common way of travel in older FromSoft games. Dark Souls itself is more based on exploration and not just a walking simulator. If you can't see that you're retarded.
It's also somewhat negligible as I've been over. If you've played 1 at 60FPS on a solid rig you'de see what I mean.
I don't find abusing I frames and cold spots in boss AI harder. Just less fun.
You have not posted any. None. Just 1 image that I easily debunked.
So far you can't prove that it is a giant hallways so yes. Darkroot Basin is not an A to B sort of map. It's a semi-hub area to move to several areas. Over 4 as I've already said. So unless you consider hallways to go from A to either B,C or D they're not hallways based on your definition.

You naturally collect items and kill enemies. It's exploration through advancement and understanding the area.

The one where you say anything of actual substance and stop making shit up off the top of your head. You havn't posted a single link or named a single particular item, object or entity that would help improve your arguments. And you never will apparently. Not in this lifetime anyway. You're essentially posting about shit you just make vague assumptions on and then think they're facts to your arguments. It's like talking to a 6 year old from another country who's never talked to anybody in their life.

Also thread is on page 6 and I have work tonight so I won't be back. If you want to continue shitposting go ahead but we'll have to pick this up on another thread if you still think being this wrong is worth the effort. Just know I won't read what you're replying to and that most people in this thread have left because it's nearly dead. You can still reply though. I'm sure somebody will get a kick out of it.

DS1 has plenty of hallways though, what are you talking about?
Anor Londor, the only duel area is the scripted gargoyle fight or the ocassional lone giant guardian, and even then the hardest fight in that area is the two guardians with one silver.
What example do I need? Do I need to post a video on how fast you kill in DaS3?
Well, either what I'm playing is wrong or you are playing bullshit.
But they don't though, you can kill them in fucking seconds.
Oh, okay, but the grunts in DaS3 are glass cannons too, their HPs aren't too great and can be killed very quickly.
Well, that's the standard for me, I don't know about you.
You have been fighting multiple systems even in Demon's Souls, dumbass.
What, the targeting system with soft lockon that you can switch between multiple enemies, yeah?
Well, it is, you are comparing a 5 sec faster compared to DaS1's axe, that's a huge difference.
Black Knight sword lasts still NG+, it's only NG+++ that it starts to lose to true scaling weapon.
It's a very good argument. I use meta knowledge for both games, in DaS1 I can consistently beat bosses using cheap strategies, in DaS3, I can't, I have to time i-frame or time my strong swings right, thus making DaS3 harder.

I die like 10 times to the capra demon until I find the ledge, then I consistently beat them.
Asylum demon, the same, heck, it's stupid easy when you understand the limit of their movesets.
In Dark Souls 3, the enemies vary directly so your consistency is a bit more varied, but fighting them is more fun because they have more movesets thus can surprise you.
They are empty, big and empty, and just a slog to get through, especially when you reply the games.
Do show me a vid where you break poise of the drake when it's in middle of breathing fire. I double dare you.
Enemies in 3 can be beaten with ANY build, so nuff said.
Oh, so I'm not allowed to use the most safe and efficient way to beat the game? I have to artifically limit myself now?
They have giant movesets and a plenty of room for you to maneuver, so it's up to you and your skill and your weapon to beat them.
My fun and interesting ways of killing a boss including trying different build i.e. slashy and dodge, hyper armor heavy or magic buff, those are more interesting than just standing on a ledge and plunge down shit.
Enemies in 3 have more varied movesets than DaS1.
And they dodge faster and counterattack faster in DaS3.

As opposed, not dodge and get hit by you? Congrats on exploiting their weakness, I have no problems with that.
Gimmicks are one trick pony, as opposed to actual innovation.
New Londor ghosts are for example more similar to the way DaS3 is designed, as in they just spam everywhere and overwhelm you. I wouldn't say that's a gimmick.
or I'm not down by nostalgia, DaS1 is my first Souls game and even I admit that DaS3 improves upon it massively, and if they ever remake DaS1 with DaS3 playstyle, you fag would be down with it.
But Vordt is better than half the bosses in DaS1.
What you say by "cheesing the optimized method of combat" implies the boss is fucking hard and you have to use the best trick to beat him, and even then it's not guaranteed unlike the taurus demon, that means Vordt is a good and challenging boss.
Darkroot basin contains a bunch of hallways that lead to other areas, this does not stop the level themselves being a bunch of hallway.
And? That means the other half of the game is not well-designed or what? Do you admit that? Because if the game's motto is shortcut then there's no point for lord vessel.
Actually I play Armored Core, and their most used design is mission-based with briefing between missions.
I play both on the same computer with mods. DaS3 is still faster by a huge margin, you swing greataxe like Black Knight greataxe in DaS3.
Well, I find them harder and funnier, relying on cheap gimmicks don't make boss fun.
Uh, look at the map here:
You can practically see the hallways, some with actual dead ends.
No, you explore the area through the first time, any times you are going through the area again, you are not exploring, you are grinding.

shit. my bad. thought the thread was being spammed based on the report and the formatting.

also learn to format holy shit.

fug

What the hell happened to this thread?

reported

Why so many deleted posts here? What is this, mods?

Yeah, exactly.
The point was you presenting evidence that more people were happy with the poise system how it is now rather than posting a Youtube video that wasn't relevant to the discussion.
One of the many proofs that you're retarded.

Oh he got banned?
Maybe this site doesn't suck so much ass then.

No the literal BR is the shitposter. The other guy the essay man that should have stayed around and i just noticed the BR is also gone welp

mods = fags, business as usual

That was basically the only problem.

And all of his posts got deleted.

ds2 solved that with soft stun which was a really elegant solution I liked a lot. Shame they threw that way by going back to the other engine.

>and i just noticed the BR is also gone welp

all the bans were removed after I saw it wasn't actually spam, my apologies.

Even if DS2 solved anything, all fights would often come down to who could stun lock his opponent better. Making rapiers some of the best, and easiest weapons. Fights would often be determined by who hit first, which is just as bad as DS1's backstabbing problem.

DS2 added stun time proration that scaled with your poise. You'd get stunlocked for fewer hits the heavier your armor was and you'd be harder to stunlock at all with low poise damage weapons like rapiers. I don't think a rapier can even combo against a havelmonster.

Maybe you should try to actually look at what the posts you're deleting are before you go ding dong bannu?

OK faggots, I have yet to buy a single Dark Souls game. I have a choice, between numbers 1-3. Which one do you recommend?Just start at number 1? OR is #2/ # 3 so much better that it's worth just just jumping ahead in purchase?

Just go with one, make sure to get the dsfix though

Start with 1, if you think it's the greatest shit ever give 2 or 3 a pirate try before buy. Series pretty much went downhill after 1.

Yeah dsfix is necessary.

I also suggest Dark Souls Connectivity Manager, I had solid connections no matter where I went, I was never wanting for an invade.

Yes. The bottom of blighttown was my favorite part of the game, just because there were more directions than forward, backward and a dead end branch if you're lucky. It's not even exploration if you're just crawling down a single fucklong hallway.

Fuck, I wasn't even remembering that place. That area was even worse. It slowed you down (you had to equip a ring just to move normally), the poison, and the giant mosquitoes that infinitely spawned were annoying as fuck.

Similar case with the second area of Valey of Defilement in Demon's Souls. While I love the atmosphere and aesthetic of these places, and even appreciate that they encourage you to use resources to cure status ailments, navigating swamps is something that I will never look forward to do it again. It's only somewhat bearable in DS3 because you can equip a dagger and use its weapon art to quick-step throughout the whole thing, plus the poison is almost negligible in that game.

Don't let this faggot opinion influence you, fellow newfag.

Play and find out for yourself, because for some, DaS3 is way superior to DaS1.

The video proves that people aren't fucking mad about the poise system anymore.

If you care about the community, there hasn't been a lol where's poise threads in months.

He writes a lot, but his points aren't anything but opinions.

It's kinda assbackwards to argue DaS1 being harder than DaS3.

patrician taste

blighttown was probably my favorite part of dks1 as well. Even though I went through it backwards (because you could actually lol fuk the rules explore in that game) from bottom to top, everything about it was amazing. which in itself is a very impressive feat for a "level" to be so fun even when going through it completely backwards.

its the ultimate pleb filter of the series.

I like how they changed the design for the Xanthous set in this game (disregarding the crown.)

I think they took too much inspiration from the bloodborne xanthous set.

Nice one, whatever that's supposed to mean.

Isn't this picture inaccurate? Ash Lake should be at the bottom, not New Londo. The Abyss might be metaphorically the deepest point but it's not actually the lowest one.

You mean Demon Souls.

Ash lake isn't really well represented in that picture, the placement it has is just a nod to the look out at the tomb of giants. On top of that, Skeleton land is supposed to be above and around the same level as demon ruins.

Thanks, it's my hobby.

Someone's salty.

Can we at least all just agree that Dark Souls 1 was the worst of the franchise? Definitely beneath both sequels, BloodBorne, Demon's Souls, all the King's Field games and literal dogshit?

I know I don't like it because it didn't have cloth physics on the player characters. I need those cool capes on my character.

If you can't smoothly violate the entire PvE as a faith main, you are guaranteed to be some retarded shitter that needed 2 phantoms on Pontiff and wears meme builds from LP faggots

The easiest time I have ever had with pontiff was my skull knight sword and bword

Any reason the mods decided to remove the shitshow debate? Was certainly breaking no rules.

they're idiots

Parrying that nigger and shoving the sun itself down his faggoty face is the height of satisfaction

the easiest time i had was my first playthrough when he spent the entire fight attacking something several meters to my left
i mashed r1 and he died

thought it was spam due to the formatting and the report given, my sincere apologies.

I talked to Mark about how he made a mistake shortly after he deleted them. He fugged up and I'm sure he'll be more careful in the future. I can bully him for you anons if you'd like.

Hi b0ss.

shit taste.

thank you mark those two faggots hiroshima's the last souls thread

*d

Anyone have any tips as Spear of the Church? I've been trying to make it fun for the host using all three types of magic, and I'm probably going to upgrade a meme weapon with big flashy animations.

holy shit who let the DS2 autists out??????

Enemies absolutely have stamina bars, yo.

Dark souls is shit, why do you guys still pretend it's good

Counter sage