Phantasy Star Thread

Why is every other race inferior?

Other urls found in this thread:

sceneryrecalled.com/trans/comtrans.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To what? Manic Pixie bitches?

They're not even good meat shields. Too frail.

>>>/out/

I wanna fuck an elf boy

Uh huh, and I suppose the beast people aren't furries either.
Humans > CASTs > Dewmans > Rappies > Nyau > Ethan Waber > Beast people > whatever the knife-ears are calling themselves to distract people from the fact they're knife-ears.

>>>/out/

That's just for pso2 though. Pretty sure they wouldn't appreciate their thread getting derailed

they don't talk about the game, have you been in the threads? it's just them jacking off to waifus

Which is on topic for a PSO2 thread because that's all it has.

Is it really that much worse than the first one? Because I've been playing that and it's pretty fun
Although the DC version is certainly grindier than the Xbox version

thats real fuckin kawaii man, good stuff. show me more. show me cute magical girls annihilating something

Better than a cute CAST wielding infinite dakka

>>>/out/

They are fucking magic space elves, you nutsack. Maybe they weren't once upon a time when Phantasy Star actually had some soul and wasn't just a generic anime cash-in, but that ship sailed a long fucking time ago.

And before they were space elves, they were catgirls. Well, biomonsters technically designed to wipe out the native Algolian population who had gotten fat and weak under Mother Brain's coddling - and then die off so that the handful of still living Earthlings could take over, but they were basically stand-ins for Myau's role in the party. PSIII even had a cyborg bitch which was basically a not-numan numan just to fill the role in the party. She was even named Meiu, phonetically similar to Myau.

So yeah, they weren't space elves, but it's not like catgirls is a hell of a lot better or less cliche.

Also, forgot to mention, but there's an interview with Tohru Yoshida in the PS Compendium where he describes how he originally designed Nei to have a tail.

"Q: Nei originally had a tail…

Yoshida: Yes, she did! I thought about adding a tail and made a graphic of her in which her tail swung back and forth when she walked. She didn't have a tail in the battle graphics, though, and I had a talk with my superiors over whether to add the tail or leave it out. Even though they [my superiors] were in charge of the battle graphics at the time, they told my that, since I was the one who added it, it was OK, but I wound up cutting it off anyway. I just thought it would be better to leave it off. It would have been too much if it were there… Anyhow, Nei is probably the character who's closest to me."

sceneryrecalled.com/trans/comtrans.htm

Forgot my pic

probably due to the fact that you're a weeb pedophile

Phantasy Star was always a generic anime, but it was a 90s adventure anime with a sci-fi skin, and 90s adventure animes have a certain charm to them.

Also, the portraits of the PSII cast line up to show the inside of Rolf/Eusis's house.

PSO2's combat is more fun than in PSO1, it's basically DMC-lite with real hitboxes and variable combos and shit, but, that and MUH WAIFUS are really sincerely all there is to the game, as someone playing it for 5 years now, I still love the game but damn if it hasn't worn a little thin especially since the latest story episode gutted the story system and left us with "the adventures of someone who is not the player character" as player-chan takes a supporting character role

basically if you like PSO for the combat and character customization, or for the visual style, you will enjoy PSO2. if you like PS[O] for the setting and story and characters, don't bother with PSO2

It would be more accurate to describe the gameplay as like Monster Hunter but with a lock-on button, no hunter tools, and attacks that aren't so painfully slow.

yah monhan toukiden that kind of thing it has the DMC lockon but it really plays more like monhan or god eater or something like that

I keep saying I'm gonna make a few webms and I haven't ever gotten around to it

Nice.

That's a nice touch
Semi related the DBZ orange box dvds have a drawing of shenron if you lose the sleeves

Not quite the same thing, but PS Nova also has trophy art that creates a mural as you fill it in. Not sure how many other games do this, and PS Nova was trash, but it kind of reminded me of that.

Has anyone played those adventure game spinoffs of Phantasy Star II? If so, are they any good?

There are a few other games that do this. First ones that come to mind are Ragnarok Odyssey Ace and–of course–PSO2.

I've been meaning to go through at least Nei's myself. Maybe one of these days.

What's a good way to grind in PS3? Pretty sure I'm about to rescue Maia

BUMP

How do the PS2 remakes of PSI and II compare with the originals?

did that come off as sarcasm? well, it wasnt. i wanna see magical girls beating the snot out of things

I've seen it twice.

Resonance of Fate- the plot trophies create the giant tower city
Gravity Rush- the costume-themed DLC missions have multiple trophies that create the complete artwork of their respective costumes on Kat

No fuhrer, I was agreeing