Looks like Paradox just increased the price of their games

Looks like Paradox just increased the price of their games

forum . paradoxplaza . com/forum/index.php?threads/price-increase.1022680/

archive.is/IF6cT

Good thing they don't make any worthwhile games

Good riddance i never bought a single one. Or i would never pay up for all those fucking dlcs.

I never saw that one coming!

Just pirate it and install mods that make the game better

The Steam Summer Sale is in a month, they are cheating by inflating their prices

Why? Paying 200 bucks for dlcs just to play a complete game is retarded, even for normalfags. Who would do such a thing?

The company's still afloat tripsman, so someone must be buying their garbage. For every jew there are 100 goyim.

lol you know you only need to buy the base game and can pretty much pirate all their DLC right?

Pirated DLC even works in multiplayer.

If you ever bought one of their DLCs you're a fucking idiot good goy.

You're also an "idiot good goy" for buying the base game, those kikes should not be getting any money at all.

Plenty of fools in the world who are more than willing to throw money away. Why be intelligent and wait for price drops or cracks or whatever when you can throw the money down up front, thinking it somehow makes you superior to the common man?

I guarantee you 100% of the people who regularly buy Paradox games are the same kind of idiots who blow ~$1000 dollars a year minimum on stupid shit like gaming mice and a million headphone sets. They also all take TotalBiscuit's word as the gospel.

Gotta feed all those Somalians.

This.

Probably realizing that out of the 10% of their playerbase actually pays full price if at all for their games as well as realizing that those 10% would probably pay more for less so why wouldn't they do this?

Also, this is something Activision does every year as well.

Real life stores tend do this too just before major holidays.

This is the best news.

This is also illegal.

Thats why you buy keys from your friendly russian merchant.

Cheap game + free updates + multiplayer + steam workshop

I mean you could also pirate everything except the multiplayer but it's cheap so eh.

Crusader kings was 20 bucks at one point, and after it became super popular they put it at 40, but at half price most of the time.

didn't they stop this by changing the way gifts and steam keys work?

I don't give a fuck, I'm still going to pirate it.

Top fucking kek. Glad I'm not all that much into these games. I heard about the Parajew meme, but damn.

wew

On what fucking communist shithole?

I'm pretty sure it's illegal in the EU as false advertising for a sale because you aren't really having a sale you are just raising the price and then cutting it back down to what it was.

That isn't false advertising no matter how many jewish lawyers you throw at it. Nowhere is the company making any false statements or claims regarding their prices by doing this.
Filthy trick? Yes. Illegal? Hell no

When you have a "sale" and your price doesn't change from last week that is false advertising you jewish fuck.

It would be if they didn't actually lower the price, however raising it and then lowering it again is well within the definition of a sale and not false advertising. No court would push fines on this unless it's on some dystopian marxist dump country

If you said you raised the price but the price didn't change did you ever really raise it at all?

What fucking kind of definition of a sale is that? It's intentionally misleading. UK is a shithole but I'm jealous of countries with actual consumer protection laws.

It's capitalism, satan. No one is forcing you to buy from this retailer in particular

That's literally the definition of a sale, you fucking marxist. Go suck kike cock somewhere else.

The price explicitly changes. You yourself admit it.

I don't know how much more of a kike you can be user but boy are you trying to surpass all of Israel right now.

Learn what IDs are.
Go back to 4pol if you're going to do that.

It's legal because they do it one month in advance.
If they did it the day before it'd be illegal, there has to be at least one month since the last price change.

Who's the one without an argument? Because my argument of raising the price of something so you can have a "sale" to trick people into buying something is wrong is an argument. You are the one who defends it with lol no it's not you kike and then you say I don't have an argument.

Your argument is faggot shit "I dont like it" isn't a fucking argument

Except that is your argument if you didn't notice there faggot. It's not a sale if the price never changes. Saying that they raised the price when they don't ever actually sell the product at that price doesn't mean anything.

Retard

You don't seem to understand the scam here.

You don't seem to understand the difference between trickery and illegality

Except it is illegal in Europe which I believe I have said if you even bothered to read the whole conversation instead of trying to call me retarded when you can't even read seven posts.

Source?

I thought summer was just a meme.

Wow, you guys are all retarded.
Advertising a sale isn't just about the letter of the law where "prices must fall", but it must also be in the spirit of fair trading.

The EU has the following law, and most other first world countries have something similar.
"Businesses cannot claim that goods have been sold at a higher price and are now on sale for a lower price unless the goods were actually on sale at the higher price for a “reasonable period,” which is generally understood to be 28 days in the three months before the price reduction."

It's actually illegal in the US too and lawsuits have been brought before, but very difficult to enforced and lawsuits are often dismissed because it's too hard to determine what the actual damages were when the retailer changes their price like that.

In almost any country which has basic consumer protection laws

ITT

Why is that anime girl wearing a blank mask?

what mask are you talking about?

No, it's only illegal if they do it right before the sale, which is why they're specifically doing it a month before to fall outside that window.