PSX Thread

The PSX changed gaming forever.
It showed games weren't only mario-tier kiddie games but could also explore mature themes that Nintendo censored. It also changed the relationship between the console manufacturers and developers/publishers making obsolete the abusive agreements that monopolistic Nintendo imposed on publishers. For these reasons Sony utterly dominated the 5th generation while Nintendo reeled and Sega went bankrupt. A nice bonus is the awesome library that developers, free from the shackles of Nintendo, created.

What are your favorite games for the PSX? Which games you missed back in the day that later revisited?

Other urls found in this thread:

all-things-andy-gavin.com/2011/02/02/making-crash-bandicoot-part-1/
web.archive.org/web/20120227100114/http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdatausa_e.html
archive.is/h7J7F
psxdev.net/forum/index.php
ipfs.io/ipfs/zdj7WXaueJ7GiG1TPpdeaERjUQ6Pd7Wj8ZmdvukgKZ7MBYMN5
ipfs.io/ipfs/zdj7WdFEV4AzqCBr7grKgzkQjfQk55t8cuykCmqPihT5qXkKZ/firmware.7z
mednafen.github.io/releases/files/mednafen-0.9.44.1-win64.zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy Tactics
Star Ocean: Second Story
Suikoden 2
Breath of Fire 3
Metal Gear Solid
Front Mission 3
Koudelka

Not OP, but.

Now, have a bump. This generation was fucked, though. Both N64 and the PSX had terrible flaws on their architecture.
The N64 had perspective correction, but limited fillrate (low number of triangles), the PSX had lots of triangles, but bad texture mapping due to lack of precision.

Millennial detected.

Now, to answer your question. I loved Tomba! and fucking hate that there will never be a Tomba 3, although I bet if it was redone in the current year it would become Holla Forums propaganda since he had pink hair and fought pigs.

WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE IF YOU MESHED THEM BOTH INTO ONE SUPER CONSOLE!?

people born in 1999 can post on Holla Forums

get out

you should check out star sweep on the playstation if you can into puzzles games play on the hardest difficultly and prepare to wish a holocaust on filthy knife ear cunts

both the ps1 and saturn ended up having far more visually appealing games than what was on the n64. It paid off not to go for the very clean look the n64 provided, but with that being said the n64 did provide some very important technology going forward.

anyway, try out the adventures of little ralph if you want something new

The fuck are you talking about. Both consoles are completely alien to each other architecture-wise.
Rare, Boss Games and Factor 5 were the only developers able to avoid Nintendo 64's shortcomings and produce incredible games.
On the Playstation side, Naughty Dog did an amazing job check this [1] to see details on the development of Crash Bandicoot. Insomniac Games was also great.

Based on interviews I read, the PSX was easier to program and it's funny how the the PS2 ended up being harder to program from its generation.
[1] all-things-andy-gavin.com/2011/02/02/making-crash-bandicoot-part-1/

What the N64 also had is
>no documentation unless you were Nintendo or 2nd party and even then code with sparse japanese comments ain't that helpful

megaman legends 1/2
final fantasy 7/8/9
Alundra
Spyro the dragon 1/2/3
crash bandicoot 1/2/3
Megaman X 4/5/6
Legend of Legaia
Digimon World 1/2/3
Shadow Tower
Saga Frontier 1/2
Brave Fencer Musashi
Kings Field 1/2/3

2nd party is the consumer, although I do understand what you meant. Nintendo did play favorites with its third parties. That's how Rare managed to produce such quality even with the shortcomings of the N64. Shame they got bought by M$ and were destroyed by them.

the ps2 was harder mostly because it applied next generation technology on a ps1 style system. Architecturally they aren't identical, but there's an interesting mix of similarities that doesn't mean you can necessarily import the same techniques and technology. The PS2 ended up being home to advanced graphical effects that weren't quite possible on the more powerful xbox, or the more powerful gamecube due to the programmable qualities of the PS2. With the Xbox, essentially the hardware and software driver specs were locked down at launch, and you got what you got. The gamecube had little wiggle room due to its fast hardware that wasn't particularly capable at shader effects, but the PS2 could do things neither could and games like silent hill 2, ico, and sotc were visual pioneers.

but this is a ps1 thread. Anyway, everyone should try omegaboost if they like panzer dragoon style games but with a touch more freedom. Still encounter based, but the free movement, 60fps game speed, and sense of freedom is a refreshing breath of air for a system known for its hallway platformer mascot, crash bandicoot, or its highly segmented RPGs.

Also, it's by the team behind gran turismo, which is just fascinating to think about. Really miss when developers famous for one or two game series would branch out once in a while and do something off the beaten path.

That looks great and the gameplay reminds me of Zelda II, which I liked.
Thanks for the recommendation.

The PS2 is insanely close to the N64 actually, the very specialized GPU and the programmable multipurpose coprocessor in particular.

Looks like a PS2 game almost.

plays like a saturn game! It's kickass and I think goes neglected for the JRPG majority of the system.

Also here's another great game, a treasure hit that probably had a pitch of something like "treasure smash brothers." It features tons of treasure characters (who you should know) all with their trademark skills and abilities. It's also a 4-player party brawler.

video is low quality as fuck, but imagine how gorgeous it look on real hardware or something in comparison to a poorly compressed video of an emulator.

Which model is better? The Original or the PSOne?

Original, Had it for over 20 years and it still works. Not sure the PSOne would last that long unless you replaced some parts.

the original, but only later run models that still have the parallel port. PSOne is fine too, but you do want to avoid earliest run models. PS2 works too (also makes it easier to get high quality video)

These agreements were never necessary on home computers. In fact, if computers had been as locked-down as consoles were in the '80s, Lode Runner, Tetris, and the original SimCity wouldn't exist and some of Nintendo and Sony's greatest creative talents like Satoru Iwata, Masahiro Sakurai, Chris and Tim Stamper, and Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin at Naughty Dog would not have gotten into the computer game business.

By the time PS1 was just getting to halfway-decent storytelling with Metal Gear Solid (itself eventually finding its way to Windows PCs) and Squeenix RPGs (a few of which would also find their way to Windows), home computers had games like The Sims, Quake III Arena, SimCity 4, and Ultima Online that were actually pushing the envelope to some degree.

If you're going for piracy I think the original is better, especially if you can get one with a serial port.

Avoid the very early models, because they have a faulty MDEC more often than not (overheating problem in FMVs)

Pretty fucking neat game.

Mega Man Legends
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil 2
Mega Man X4
X-Men vs Street Fighter
Vagrant Story
Fear Effect
Tomba!
Ghost in the Shell
Final Fantasy Tactics

It's called Playstation or Playstation 1.
PSX is a completely different thing.

unless you don't mind putting them upside down but this may lead to issues too? Who knows. The PS1 stood out impressively as an example of Sony making a poorly engineered product. Frankly it's understated around imageboard how good Sony products really were. Chinese outsourcing ended up being total cancer.

video related as far as the longevity and design quality of Sony's products goes and what they were renown for.

Add Future Cop LAPD to the fun games list.

Scrolling past I read Megumin Legends. Now I want this.

Because they had detailed textures, even if they were blocky. Most N64 games used that awful gouraud shading along with tiny blurry textures.

There is at least one great looking N64 game though.

sure looks gay

It was called PSX before that PS2 model.

at least, but when you consider what Sega was doing the same year…breakneck motion, massive detail in the limitless planes, extremely complex models and heavily detailed effects. Needless to say, one really, really stood the test of time, the other is more responsible for the impression of how ugly 3D could be at the time.

I mostly see it called that by forum enthusiasts and gaming mags, buy growing up I didn't know a single kid who called it anything but the playstation, and when the playstation 2 was announced, the ps1 was used to differentiate. Working at a classic game shop I never hear anyone call it the PSX still.

web.archive.org/web/20120227100114/http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdatausa_e.html

It's called a Playstation, just because a few fags called it PSX doesn't change its name.

Maybe it's my bad luck but I haven't been able to repair any broken PSOne that I have gotten, while I have repaired every original model.
Of the original models the better ones are those that have metal rails in the laser assembly. I think they also have a fixed GPU as shown here

I've never actually seen a broken PSOne except for one with a fucked up AV port. What sort of problems did you have?

The PSX meme came from journalist kikes, it's why it was pushed so much.

the media is pretty much always the enemy

In two I got the disc would start spinning and then abruptly stop with a loud click, like the coil snapping back after suddenly losing power. In others I'd get audio but no video. These are probably fixable with a reflow in an oven because pressure in certain points make video appear but I didn't think they were worth the trouble.

not really worth the trouble is right. The first one is definitely something that would probably be easily fixable if you saw all the parts laid out, sounds like a really obvious hardware obstruction or replacement part to be fitted. Something maybe even canned air could fix. The latter, ebay untested/for parts.

Unknown magazines? Are you stupid?
Everyone called it the PSX. Both names are acceptable. Because you only recently were shit out of a vagina and were either not alive or too young and stupid to notice these things is not anyone else's problem.

I had a PS1 growing up and it's my favorite console of all times but this is not true. Computer games at the game were tackling mature themes before the PS1 came out, and even some SNES games could get pretty deep

he's just baiting you retard

Not just that, the Playstation, PS2 and even the PSP all seemed to have libraries for almost everyone. From toddler to machur and old men games, PC genres like MMOs and Shooters, superior JRPGs, action games, comfy games, abstract jap games and a lot more that still played decently.

Grandia, Vib-Ribbon, Bloody Roar, Kula World and Wild Arms.

Always nice to see more Wild Arms love around from time to time. Same with Koudelka here . Shame there's next to no warrant for discussing either series outside of more broad JRPG, or PS1/PS2 (as far as the systems they were on are concerned), threads these days, given how dead both have been. And no, Mobile Arms doesn't count as WA being alive again. Fuck you Sony; you have your own IPs, and your own systems to put them on, but some just aren't worthy anymore?

Been keeping tabs on "Score Re;fire", but still nothing of note beyond the announcement.

Pretty sure he's just taking the piss out of the whole "mature games for mature players such as myself" thing.

Anybody else ever have the attachment that was a miniature tv?

And then there's the Vita which is largely the home for indie games and trashy LIFE games. As much as I like that I wish it'd become a more rounded system.

C&C shouldn't really be included since RTS as a whole does not work on a console.

needed additions

Naughty Dog is still around releasing Uncharted games.

You call that living?

I could be wrong, but as far as I'm aware, there's no such thing. Now, if you mean Brigandine: Grand Edition (an enhanced rerelease, to my knowledge), that did see a fan-translation patch, as that version was never cleared for western release, but there's some issues on account of the guy who did the translation not agreeing with certain aspects of the game, and making changes around it.

Only people who were newfags to gaming in those eras honestly believe there weren't games meant primarily for adults. In fact strictly kiddie-tier shit wasn't as common as you retards think it was.

From 1994 alone (year PSX released), game releases on other systems aimed at a more mature audience that I actually played:
- Wing Commander 3
- Jagged Alliance
- Tie Fighter
- Darkstalkers
- System Shock
- Doom 2
- Warcraft
- UFO Enemy Unknown
- Master of Orion
- Marathon
- Heretic
- SimCity 2000
- Blackthorne

And that's not even including all the stuff that wasn't made for kids but was certainly playable by them, like Final Fantasy 6 and Super Metroid.

TL;DR PSX didn't do shit for mature gaming.

He's a perfect fit for 8-4, treehouse and nisa.

This. Compared to what was on PC at the time, the games on the PS1 were just as "kiddie" as the ones on Nintendo consoles. All they really had was more violence and curse words, and even that wasn't much more extreme than the Japanese versions of a lot of SNES games.

Sorry you were deprived of a Genesis, PC and an arcade, millennial faggot.

Nice template thread OP

These agreements were never necessary period.

Well apparently your wrong buddy… :'^)

You know this could've been a great PS1 thread but you ruined it with that cringey as fuck OP

is it worth the money getting a PS1? is it true i dont need a modchip to play burned games on it?

I don't recall the PS1 needing any modification to play burned games. Some games with protection might not work tho.

IDK how worth getting the console is to you, but there isn't any special hardware that's needed (on most games). You can emulate it

It's better on a PC because of the better control scheme, but to be fair, the genre did begin on a console. Pic related.

I'm willing to bet it's that Sonygger who makes PS2 threads saying ITS THE BEST SYSTEM EVER MADE and DONT EMULATE PCSX2 DOESNT WORK

You can do the swap thing but having a modchip is much better. You can buy a PIC12F629 for less than a buck and make a programmer for less than 2 bucks.

Get an early model PS1 with the real component outputs for audio. They have an extension bay on the back that was removed on later models. You can get a cheat device that plugs up to it allowing you to run imports and burned games without a modchip. In addition this edition of the PS1 is considered the best CD player ever by audiophiles for some reason. So if you ever get rid of it you have the desired model. These units were the ones released at and shortly after JP/NA launch. I don't know if they exist in PAL regions. The expansion slot is included on later models but the competent output with standard cables is gone. Really early models had some bugs that effected a few games and causes them to freeze up.

I'm not one to comment on the state of PCSX2 being good or bad, but I swear that guy uses that copypasta to attract quick and easy bumps (which sadly results in those PS2 threads having a high fraction of posts just being people arguing that emulation point with him). And given how prone to arguing people have gotten in the past over proper abbreviations for the original Playstation, it wouldn't shock me if there's similar intent.

What's wrong with a little bait to get the thread started?

Because it's underhanded and disingenuous, and would you look at that, most of the thread is bitching at faggot OPs bait instead of discussing anything.

The issue is when the bait becomes more interesting to most people that open a given thread, than the main topic the thread's supposed to be about. Looking at past PS2 threads, a noticeable fraction of posters that came into them did so not to actually discuss the PS2, but just argue the point with OP, or just popping in to call him a faggot.

Because if I wanted to see people post like retards with blantant misinformation then I'd go to cuckchan or some other shithole niggers like you crawl out of.

Sage for shit thread

Can't believe some autist went through the trouble of faking this much "evidence"

Yes, psx did that. Such a mature platform for mature people such as op.

So you're saying Playstation is to blame for "mature games for mature gamers" production and marketing. That seems accurate. Computer games at least were just mature and said fuck you, read the manual faggot.

Wow, ain't that some shit.

Did you just pirate my text

Goddamn bootleg ass posts.

the goons have arrived, it was fun while it lasted but it's impressive how they all arrived, or well, just the one who likes to ID hop arrived to attempt to derail the thread

Not all games or ideas start out in ideal circumstances, and RTS really does belong to platforms with a mouse and keyboard, you cannot get anywhere near the speed or multi-tasking on a controller.

Also I find it appropriate that the birth console was the Intellivision since that had so many buttons.

give metal slugmarine if you want to play an absolutely gorgeous 2D game.

also if you want a real hidden gem, check Terracon out! I assure you, you've never seen a game like this on the Playstation.

panzer bandit is a great brawler style game with really clean minimalist sprite work. I think it's a great way to spend an hour with a game.

helps if i paste the correct url tbqh

bump

You have to be 18 or older to post here.

Bloody Roar
Bloody Roar 2
Point Blank
Time Crisis

All the 90s mags like gamepro referred to it as the PSX. Not unlike GCN for gamecube it sucks ass as an abbreviation but nonetheless is the abbreviation.

motherfucking bleem nigger

Hi budy. This pic always reminds me of quote from cave story for some reason.

god are tonka trucks even a thing anymore

Is any Arc the Lad worth a damn? Seems like a bottom of the barrel psx jrpg. Because I'm at the bottom of the barrel of jrpgs. Can't recall anyone ever praising it, and only remember it from when I used mess around with sprites.

I beat the third one a decade ago. Decent, but way too easy. Catchy music tho.

NFS III
NFS High Steaks
Jarrett & Labonte Stock Car Racing
Test Drive 4/5/6
Wipeout 3
Ridge Racer Type 4
Driver 1 & 2

The greatest platform for driving games of its generation and you niggerfaggots don't even touch on this fact. Pathetic.

Also

Colin McRae
V-Rally

I haven't played most of those since before most of this board was born. Lost interest in racing games after doing 140 Mph through the city a long time ago.

How is this game? It looks kind of interesting.

No one ever say "pee es ecks" out loud. Regardless, people have referred to it as PSX intermittently in text for almost two decades. If you're not bullshitting about the classic game shop thing, go ahead and ask any of your older customers if they've ever seen then PS1 called the PSX.

Psx is what my mum called cracked PlayStations

Nobody born after 1990, perhaps. Fastest way to specify the first PlayStation system in the crowd of people who bought the systems when they were new.

archive.is/h7J7F

Everybody said "Playstation" out loud and then PS1 later on. Nobody said PSX out loud when it was new, nobody.

Forgot to add that some games like Policenauts and Snatcher ended up censored on PlayStation, with mostly uncut versions on earlier systems like 3DO, Sega CD, and Saturn.

no reason to bullshit, and I have asked before and people know the term, just claim the same thing I have - they never actually heard anyone say it.

pics are a more outlandish form of proof in a few trades we recently got in.

That would address the main problem but, who really wants to use a mouse on a console? The usual setup is not fit for that. It also doesn't address the lack of buttons, as any good RTS has ways to select units, assign squads, etc.

Whatever happened to the Mizzurna Falls translation patch?

…dude? 1990 was 27 years ago. People born in that year could have voted for king nigger.

Which means their parents may have bought them the PlayStation.

3D PS1 games make my eyes sore (literally). Recommend me some good 2D games for it that aren't ports. 日本語もおK

faggot

I have requested a relatively narrow type of game

You couldn't be more wrong, but it's a free country for now.

Are the development toolkits for the PS1/X still available? It would be rad as fuck to have an emulated version of them to see who can create an actual CD working on the damn things.

Its not like they disappeared or something. Ps1 software authoring tools are still widely available.

Any good ps1 emulators besides epsxe?

Can you provide me with a link please?

Mednafen you fucking pleb.

Do i use the mednafen core that is included with retroarch?

If you can set it up, sure. It's the most accurate PS1 emulator out there.

psxdev.net/forum/index.php
start here bud

I hope you weren't trying to impress anons with this proof. I'm not doubting that you work in a game shop I'm sure you're one of those purple hair faggots that I see camping behind the counter of one new a community college somewhere. Probably ripping people off charing $90 for Powergloves and polishing NES cartridges.

If they never actually heard anyone say it it's because they weren't talking consoles on the playground or in the hallways at school. It was referred to as PSX in America for a short time before the launch. It continued to be called that in magazines for the entire life span of the console. It didn't become common place to call the first Playstation the "PS1" until after the PS2 launched. We used "PS1" to refer to the slim model of the Playstation and "PSX" to the classic/fat one.

Normalfags called it "Playstation" similar to how the NES was just "Nintendo". It was the first time the brand was in popular culture so it was called by that name. They'd have probably called it "Sony" if the company wasn't well known for other stuff by that point.

It's too bad you missed those days. Have fun ripping people off working in that game shop and pining for a time you either ignored because it was too nerdy or you were just plain too young to be around for. If you listened instead of talking so much bullshit maybe you'd learn some actual history.

But user, the magazine guys are the hipster fuckers ruining the industry.

Fuck it all. I have the BIOS, changed the .ecm game files to .iso, but it just crashes after starting up. I've fiddled with all sttings and looked at tutorials, no clue why it won't work. PCSX2 works just fine. I just want to play some god damn RE Nemesis again!

Rapid Reload/Gunner's Heaven

the neogeo carts weren't the outlandish things, the CDI devkit and CDI door-to-door demonstration model was.

How the hell do you even get this to work. Openinh the .exe file for mednafen does nothing.

Mednafen is a command-based emulator, if you want a GUI, get MedGui to go with it.

You deserve to suffer.

PCSX, epsxe are the most recommened ones (besides this Mednafen) and I've never tried emulating PS1 before today and can't get neither to work. Do you have a better suggestion or should I stich with trying to get Mednafen running.

Go to youtube, find a tutorial for Mednafen and follow it.

Mednafen. ePSXe is proprietary garbage, PCSX is only worthwhile in its Rearmed form on ARM-based systems that can't do anything better.

It's more like mpv. No UI clutter, just keyboard shortcuts, associate .iso or .cue with it, use the UI frontend, or alternatively use it through RetroArch.

Mednafen is high tier.

This is important, are you just changing the file name or are you actually decompressing the ecm into a PSX bin? You need to do the latter.

ipfs.io/ipfs/zdj7WXaueJ7GiG1TPpdeaERjUQ6Pd7Wj8ZmdvukgKZ7MBYMN5

Mom can't afford it?

t. journal cuck

I used ECM tools to convert the files.

lel I bet that magazine is older than you are.

I guess you can try the one I linked if you want, problem might be the emulator though and not the image. Either way I'd suggest giving mednafen a go if you plan on playing psx and saturn games, never had any issues with it even when doing netplay.

Why do people keep calling it the PSX? It's always been PS1.

It was PSX in America, and later the remodeled it and named it PS One. It was just PS in Europe at least.

What does the X stand for then?

I'm a manchild neet, sorry to disappoint you daddy.

Supposedly "eXperimental" although X is often used to pad out abbreviations or shortform words depending on context. For example Tx can be "transmit" in radio context but also "Treatment" in medical. It's probably just preferred to pad out "PS" to "PSX". It's possible they intended for a second generation as well, otherwise you'd expect to see "SPS"(Sony PlayStation) like with the NES.

Me too.

That's because
it has the same number of syllables as the whole name so it's only an abbreviation in text you stupid motherfucker
Fucking normalfags

PS1 was bretty gut, but super metroid alone is greater than its entire library combined.
PS2 is utter normalfag cancer, and PS3/4 are just continuations of that combined with zimbabwe

Even with a tutorial I can't get Mednafen to work, fuck me.

The coolrom .7z archive I DL'd did not include a .cue file, so I downloaded a huge cue file list, got it. But it won't start up, saying "Error opening file "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Mednafen\scph5502.bin": No such file or directory" and if I try using 5502 it says "known bad dump". What the fuck is this shit. It is just incompatible with Win 8.1 and I'm doomed to suffer or what the fuck is going on.

Just use the retroarch frontend

Extract this to the mednafen directory
ipfs.io/ipfs/zdj7WdFEV4AzqCBr7grKgzkQjfQk55t8cuykCmqPihT5qXkKZ/firmware.7z
drag your game cue on to the mednafen exe.
configure your controls when it launches.

Also make sure you're using the real and latest mednafen
mednafen.github.io/releases/files/mednafen-0.9.44.1-win64.zip
I have no clue what's included with the coolrom one.

Finally. Thank you good man

Nice tumblr nose wallpaper you retarded faggot

Forgot to mention Final Fantasy Tactics.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Thanks, you should thank the user who posted it here

il fit u

Alpha 3 is shit, at least 2 is playable.

It's 3D, you fucking faggot. You might as well throw Dragon Warrior VII in there if you're gay enough to think sprites in a 3D environment = 2D. You also forgot Alundra and every 2D fightan game, making you a triple faggot.

I'm sorry your thumbs are retarded, user.

Street Fighter is casual garbage, how is that a retort? Even KoF is better.

Most, if not all, of the 2D fighting games are ports.

One more question if you happen to know. Do you know how to properly scale fullscreen view? For some reason when going fullscreen the picture goes ant size. I tried using the Advanced Settings for full screen scaling but nothing happens. I tried searching for a.stretch value in the Mednafen config while but found none that has a value change in it.

who cares about the alpha games when EX2+ is objectively the best game in the franchise

This has to be bait or you're the biggest scrub I've ever seen.

Crapcom fags sure do get salty easily.

But he's right. Almost every fighting game is better than Street Fighter, even Capcom's other fighting games are better except MvC, that shit is worse. The only time Street Fighter was ever good was when capcom wasn't the main developer.

It's like you don't even have a basement full of this stuff user. I'd sell off my collection for lots of shekels if I wasn't worried it'd end up in the hands of some faggot like you.

They weren't always bad. Plus in those days it was really the only way to get good information. Lots of them had decent writers that weren't outright shills yet. It started to creep in and become noticeable in the late 90s/early 2000s when a lot of magazines either ceased begin printed or were bought up by a major publishing house. Competition between the various magazines in America was fierce up until 1998 or so. Especially among those that covered multiple consoles and the PC. You could go on a BBS/newsgroup and later the early web but most of us didn't get internet access at home until the mid-90s. At least out in the sticks. PSX was launched right around the time dial-up/PC in the home started to become common place. Even if you had access everyone referred to it as the PSX anyway.

I'm not sure how you mean, my settings are
;Full-screen horizontal resolution.cdplay.xres 0;Scaling factor for the X axis in windowed mode.cdplay.xscale 4.000000;Scaling factor for the X axis in fullscreen mode.cdplay.xscalefs 1.000000;Full-screen vertical resolution.cdplay.yres 0;Scaling factor for the Y axis in windowed mode.cdplay.yscale 4.000000;Scaling factor for the Y axis in fullscreen mode.cdplay.yscalefs 1.000000
I normally play in windowed mode but my fullscreen looks like this which looks alright to me, I don't want to stretch it out of the native aspect ratio.

I'm a KoFfag for life. Athena is my jam. But SF isn't as shit has he's making it out to be and a lot of the charm comes from the fact that it hasn't become a total anime fighter. The simplicity is the draw. SF5 is awful due to crush counters but that doesn't mean Alpha 3 is shit. He sounds like a scrub that took one too many Ls at the local arcade and doesn't know how to hold them and improve.

Retarded anti-weeb spotted. Alpha is based off the shitty anime movie.

Woops, "cdplay" should be "psx" for all of those.

;Full-screen horizontal resolution.psx.xres 0;Scaling factor for the X axis in windowed mode.psx.xscale 3.000000;Scaling factor for the X axis in fullscreen mode.psx.xscalefs 1.000000;Full-screen vertical resolution.psx.yres 0;Scaling factor for the Y axis in windowed mode.psx.yscale 3.000000;Scaling factor for the Y axis in fullscreen mode.psx.yscalefs 1.000000

Fair enough. EX2+ is still the best game in the series tho, Alpha 2/3 are the only worthwhile games outside of it, SF3 ain't shit outside it's sprite work, EX3 is fun but it's still a mess.

Thanks. I tried three different games and only Symphony of the Night had this issue, others showed fine in full screen.

KYS user

Dubs don't lie.

You seem alright, leave your name on fightcade and lets play something sometime.

it's a kusoge according to HG101

i say give her a shot

you're dumb as hell

The cuckstation brand ruined gaming by making it mainstream and creating the casual audience. Especially the 2nd one.

I think we've all forgotten the important question here.

What car is this?

HG101 is kusoge

Probably a Skyline R32 or R33.