GAMES THAT ARE NOTHING BUT WASTED POTENTIAL

GAMES THAT ARE NOTHING BUT WASTED POTENTIAL.

I'LL START.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!k5ZEGTqQ!JPMMcRdrs5MvRyvuB0xDs5IlnMnnhbdrzZLxQeedXeQ
designer-notes.com/?p=654
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can't get over how short that "demo" was.

I'm infuriated by this game.
It had such potential to be an actually unique spooky game.

They fucking ruined it with "ink cult!"

Great. Jumpscare shit.

Anyway.
Battlefield Hardline.
It had the potential to be the most comfy brocentered Battlefield since BF2 and Bad Company 2. But they had to fuck it up in ways that should have not even been possible.

Rather than fix any of the weapons, they just took the most popular weapons and made them shittier - - Which is weird because one of the said weapons is a pain in the ass to unlock.

Everything cool was DLC, that nobody bought, even when it was free.

Battlefield has been dropping since BC2 and I'm about to completely just drop the series.

Obligatory.

Still good but fuck.

Never heard of it

Why are people so dumb

I can't webm anything and I don't want to link any videos, maybe i'll find a trailer for the game BUT ANYWAY,

Bendy and the Ink Machine is a horror game, you actually have to fight stuff as well so it's not hide from the spooks so that's good.
But it's all set in the 1950's era cartoon style.

Yeah I found a trailer, can't webm cause i'm at work.
BUT IT'S FUCKING DUMB GAME BECAUSE "INK CULT"

Platinum might as well have not been there at all is what I'm saying.

Game gets a C for concept and an F- for gameplay.
I played chapter one the other day and it was absolute dogshit.

nah, nier automata is the best game in the past 10 years

shill

Platinum is just Cavia but with few good games under their names.
That TMNT game was worse than anything Cavia ever shat out.

Nobody said that about Nier 1. Automata is largely the same deal, therefore nobody should say that about it either.

There has never been a good heist game

Wasteland 2
In retrospect it came out way better than both Pillars of Eternity and Torment Tides of Numenera but it was still wasted potential.

I was really bummed by this too. I played quite a bit in the open beta before the game was released. It was basically just a Call of Duty clone with a cops-and-robbers skin. It was very disappointing.

Payday is fine. As long as your okay having a cheater tag in game and thus not being able to join pub lobbies, because you used a DLC unlocker.

Not even memeing

And you'd be right.
It DOES have potential. But not as a fallout game.
That one mod that takes out the story and makes creating your base and protecting it the main focus of the game is AMAZING.
But unfortunately mods can only do so much.

It's a grindfest with small, uninspired, reptitive heists that focus almost exclusively on moving bags. If I wanted to do that all day I could have become an airport baggage handler.

The DLC unlockers help a lot by fixing the grind, but you shouldn't have to use cheats to make the game good. It also doesn't help with the game's biggest problem, which is the heists themselves.

Monaco is pretty good.

nuDoom
Unfortunately it got hampered by RPG-lite cancer and level design which doesn't really suit the game, on top of other things. This game really had the right direction and I'd love to see first-person shooters evolve beyond just having a whole bunch of weapons against a whole bunch of enemies in a whole bunch of levels, but to take after Japanese action games like Vanquish, Shinobi, or Ninja Gaiden where testing your mechanical skill is the core of the game. Unfortunately nobody has tried to improve on this formula yet.

I bought it and grabbed the DLC while it was free.
The Police Station map is one of the best fucking maps I've ever seen in a Battlefield game. I just do not know what happened to DICE. They used to be cool. Now they're just terrible.

That feeling when you complete Big Oil Pro , completely stealthed with randoms is unmatched.
Ohi vey.

That said. Overkill are the shitiest developers outside of Bethesda .

The Halo series in general. It was good in every area except the gameplay.

If you look at the list of employees from Payday 1 and compare it with Payday 2, you'll see they lost a large number of people who worked on core gameplay mechanics and systems, including almost all of their mappers and mission designers. I am convinced that a large percentage of people who worked on Payday 2 had no experience with the game engine and how to properly script events.

this game had no potential ever. maybe the concept, but not the gameplay.

You just contradicted yourself!
YOU JUST SAID IT HAD NO POTENTIAL EVER THEN SAID THE CONCEPT HAD POTENTIAL.
WORSE DEFENSE EVER. GET OUTTA HERE.

that doesn't make any sense, because gameplay includes everything the game presents to the player, I.E. how the game plays, thus gameplay is everything.

dark souls 2
and then they ruined it by

Games with wasted potential, not games that never had any potential.

When all the "lore" is shit made up by random people I don't think it's really possible to shit on it.

It is when you focus on memes from the first game.

if by random people you mean the guys who write the game yea.
I dont mean stuff like "why wasnt my fanfiction confirmed" I mean stuff like why is their black powder in the bastille if there are no cannons? why are people suddenly losing their memory from being undead when people remembered things just fine before, why do giants turn into trees when they didnt before ect.

So you mean the incredibly small bits of information, not what most people refer to as "THE LORE" from vatti or whatever the faggot is

the memory thing is not incredibly small, and the gunpowder thing is more of a logical inconsistency but still.

Every Early Access Game.

Why was Nier liked? It's setting, music and writing. What was panned about it? The combat. Nier Automata keeps the things everyone liked and fixed the most glaring flaw. Your logic is specious.

The giants in DS2 are a different race of giants from DS1 and DS3, it's retarded but they're not meant to be the same race even if they share the same title

Not that I'm trying to defend 2 of course, 3 is a far better follow-up to 1 though 1 is still the best one all-around

No, it was the tedious content. The combat was nothing special but, unlike drakengard, worked. Automata's combat is still nothing special, just has a coat of platinum sheen added to it without any of the substance. The cavia-tier quests haven't gone anywhere. Have you really played both games?

they look exactly the same though? the giants in one were maybe a little more stout but thats it, they both have that huge head-hole thing.

I was vaguely interested in the game as something to burn through in a couple hours, like Amnesia, but it sounds like shit. Mind giving us a rundown of the whole story?

No they don't, the giants in 1 and 3 haves faces, the ones in 2 only have the gaping heads

DS1/3 Giants also have somewhat of a rocky texture to them, whereas the ones in 2 are made out of trees, and grow into giant trees when they die

All juice and no meat sounds exactly like Plat. If they were the ones supposed to make it good, this game never had any potential.

Only episode 1 and 2 are out right now.
Here's what I understand:

Your an animator going back to your shit job because your old job wants you to come back to the animating studio because "Reasons"
uh..
wow I actually can't give you a rundown of the story only some small shit. because there isn't much there…
Your old boss is obssessed with ink and his ink machine. You turn it on because reasons.
suddenly evil ink demons.
And..I guessyour cartoons are coming to life to kill you because you forgot them or abandoned them or something?
Wow.

Wow indeed…

SHIT im retarded, when 2 came out and they had no face I like… tried to get a look at their face buy twisting the camera and shit to look in their helmet slit, and I saw what must be the dark shadows on the eye i see in the video and "confirmed" by sight that they were always like this.
I thought that was why gough was blind, but it was never stated.
me thinking gough was blind because of that is the "lore" people like to laugh at when it is touted as fact, me saying all the giants wore the same style of helmet and we dont see one without it in the first game is the lore I was talking about.
wtf why are their two radically different races of giant?

Here. I don't usually do shit like this. I never do shit like this but again I'm at work.

This motherfucker sucks at playing this game by the way. it's the only longplay I found though. But you can laugh at how long it took him to get through the fucking SIMPLEST of puzzles.

I just heard about it today. What a shitty excuse of a "game"

I was expecting the game to become a sort of bizzare fucked up colorful LSD-fueled trip, a satire about neglecting meritocracy and American™ pride being nothing but a Jewish, corporate label stuck to people fighting a false war.

I expected the game to evolve yknow. It COULD have been something different, having a happy go-lucky character mention things that an Inkblot character wouldn't typically mention. Like tragedies, child sacrifice and a new world order. It would make the player very uncomfortable, even questioning core beliefs in a mocking sense and going with the "Freedom is an Ilussion" mantra. Delving deep into mass consumerism, and how people need to be controlled because they don't know what they want, but also arguing that freedom is NOT an illusion but a right by birth. Swinging around by characters who aren't antagonists or protagonists yknow. Keep that ambiguity, but never sugarcoat shit.

Gameplay fun enough to warrant a replay value, then story excellent enough to get people to never shut the fuck up about it. Fanart too, lotsa trippy fanart!

I should just join ADGD, and write a book with gameplay elements tied to the lore. I'm sick to death of waiting for something good to happen.

the intro was so good, so grindhouse retarded that my expectations, which were initially crazy low, jumped up to super high levels. then you actually get to the real game and it's like resident evil 4 with worse enemy AI and an even dumber story

it's a real shame because the comfy save room needs to make a comeback, the unlocking of things was pretty fun, and the environments ranged from "eh this is okay i guess" to "wow this is pretty cool". that spider zombie lady enemy was fucking awesome. but then they started giving the enemies guns and shit, forcing you to kill them to pick up their ammo, and i totally gave up on it at a spot near the end where you're forced to ride a super slow-ass ski lift thing while every fucking enemy ever throws molotov cocktails at you. true survival horror indeed

That's exactly it though, the only reason is because DS2 is dumb. The giants in 2 were originally going to have faces and be more in common with the ones from 1, but this was changed so 2 would be more independent from the first game

I disagree. I liked the whole 50's cartoon aestheic coming to murder you. I like that.
What I didn't like is that the game doesn't know WHAT THE FUCK it wants to be.

It's in an animation studio but it has a cartoonish enviroment. The world looks like the same cartoon that Bendy is supposed to be from. That's stupid. At the very least you should have been taken TO BENDY'S WORLD!
It.Infuriates me. Do you have any idea how fucking cool a horror game set in a 1950's cartoon could have been? BUT NOPE, JUST JUMPSCARE BAIT

That's why I said the game was wasted potential. If they could have implemented elements of the lore into the gameplay better than they did, it would have been a much better series.

if you want to get spooked by a old cartoon game just play that Russian romhack of Felix the Cat.

Boasted of:

Instead, we got:

I was a sucker to preorder it, but there are so few Revolutionary War games out there.

That's what I'm building off of my guy. You get this friend, named "Buddy" the Bunny or "Bucko" the Bull, fucker comes to life and becomes your 'friend', more like an acquaintance. So, he says there are scary things happening all over, and he says these things in a rather classical manner.
Then it turns out there are demons that attack you, they have (((certain))) questionable features to them, like a gash in the heart or a childs face, or many, all over their misshapen bodies.

I'm not in the mood type of paragraphs right now, but the animationed demons are tied to child sacrifice and mass manipulation. Like a better lavender town. You have to reverse all of this, and of course, you go to the worst depths of Hollywood, kill celebrities and switch between a realistic gritty style and a classical UB Iwerkz style. It's old timey, fun, but also feels unsettling and gives you a VERY strong feel for exploration. Also. World War 2 era propaganda, through the eyes of an animator.

Big game, with big things.

HET

I actually liked it a lot but I didn't pay for it so maybe that plays a role in it.

That reminds me, is it the only video game that attempts to recreate revolutionary Boston ? Because I could use an accurate historic recreation of that period.

just go dress up like an indian and dump some tea in your bathtub

it's like you're really there

No potential found.

Tree of Savior. ;_;

D3 gets a lot of deserved hate but the underlying combat engine is amazing. Try playing a monk, every other ARPG feels slow and clunky after that.

Too bad about the graphics, story, itemization, character builds, unplayable hardcore thanks to servers randomly dying all the time for and pretty much everything else. Oh and the $ auction house that was so hated they had to remove it.

Fuck EA and fuck you for reminding me

The game was schizophrenic and didn't know what it wanted to be. I enjoyed it but the game is really confused on what type of game it wants to be.

The opening is difficult to understand on how the game works since it feels like a stealth survival game. But then you get to chapter 3 and it starts to break due to enemies and boss enemies thrown at you. Then it starts to become RE4 but is still not sure if it wants to be RE. By the end of the game it's full blown RE4 and knows what its doing.

I hear there might be a sequel and I hope they figure out what they want Evil Within to be about as a game.

Anything would've been better than what we got

it had the potential to not be made at all

never got how people think that game looks good. it's just a bunch of ovals.

minimalist calarts shite

if you want good build up play nier automata

They want to fuck the cat and maybe the croc

I never said I did, I am just assuming why people would think it looks good

I didn't do research, I saw it on IGG-Games and with a title like Night in the Woods I expected a slightly spooky story, after a day or two my internet went out because some faggot's house blew up because he was making meth or some shit
So for like a week my internet was down and I decided it would be a good idea to play it
After two days I wanted my internet back so I could bitch about how disappointing it was and I'm still angry every time I'm reminded about it.

That sentence doesn't have any content at all. How are they like Cavia, exactly? Their corporate structure, preferred genre and tones are entirely different. You're a fucking idiot.

No, the artstyle and especially the animation are extremely lazy. None of the characters have animations for facing towards the screen so they drive while facing sideways, not to mention that a lot of animations that should be there are simply missing (they even use asterisks in their tiny text boxes to denote action at one point even though it's a VISUAL MEDIUM).

It's just dull all around. It's not even so awful that it's interesting.

Nobody ever wanted to fuck Austim the cathog.

Really wish the sequel had been finished that was supposed to fix a lot of the control issues.

I had a much more enjoyable experience the 2nd time around, I'll admit. There are some tweaks, however, that would make the game immensely more enjoyable if implemented.

These things are not difficult to implement and would make a huge difference in gameplay and making the player utilize a variety of different mechanics. For combat, the player would either have to be more stealthy, using the tunnel system or the Brotherhood disguise ability to get around, or get the assistance of the Brotherhood. For the economy, you would have to be more reliant on trading and the Brotherhood management system. But the biggest improvement would definitely be that the ship would be relevant again. It'd be the most difficult system to implement, but they already have a significant portion done. I think I'm actually going to e-mail this to Ubisoft now and propose it as an alternative mode that you'd activate in the settings.

Yeah, animation wise the game is crap, every character is lazily made and it shows, I'm more talking about the locations in the game. Shit like the outskirts of town, the stargazing minigame and the dreams were actually well done, and they would've worked if the game was a horror instead of a slice of life with shitty characters.
Aesthetic is the wrong word, it's more of a "Some areas actually look nice"

Downloading the video was a pain in the ass. Nothing would fucking work.

tehehe

come again, faggot?

I used to be naive like you, user. We all were at one point.

The setting itself has potential, the devs may be huge sjws but all the needed to do was have an actual fucking ending in order to satisfy my already lowered expectations.

Every TES game.

The second game used most of its potential.
It had to cut back on a lot of the stuff that was meant to be in it due to technical reasons, so that was potential that was never truly there rather than wasted potential.

I have no clue what they were thinking.
The game's passable and can be fun sometimes, but it seems like they really could've done more.
That and it has no reason to be rainbow 6 other than the branding

Putting the whole "WHERE'S MY TTYD 2.0 GOD DAMMIT" aside
>people still defend Nintendo for this bullshit
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It turns out that the base making actually does just work, but the rest of the game fuckin' aint.

The poor dialouge, irrelevance of bases, the base creation and interaction being barebones, every base is populated by generic settlers instead of characters you could give a damn about that make the bases important enough to make you want to keep it up, some of the bases are in cramped as fuck areas when they don't have to be.

One base is in a narrow alleyway and you can't build a big ol gate outside because the boundry is very close to the alleyway entrance, and the other entrance is literally centered on a door you can't change out instead of farther out, and another is a tiny ass patch of land clustered in an abandoned town full of fucking building potential, it's like they added it on as an afterthought despite being a fucking hype thing to add to their otherwise stale game.

The whole base building aspect should have been the FOCUS, not something tertiary. they didn't add characters to these places to give them a unique feel, they didn't add objectives outside of getting the bases, like say there's some debris they need to clear out and you need to build an excavator but you're missing a part, so you go to a dungeon to retrieve it, or maybe one base discovered a Vault under some shit you couldn't build on, that doesn't happen.

In a game where you have this whole feature to rebuild or build outposts, towns, anything you want, they didn't base anything around it.

They made a draw, and then did nothing with it.

A game like Fallout 4 should not have been in the hands of Bethesda, you give that shit to a high profile Japs and you'll get loads of shit out of it, or to some other Western dev team can do better.

Hell, regular ol rando fucks do better all the time in the modding community.

I can't put my finger on what was wrong about Revolver but it was lackluster and small in scope, I don't need to explain the middle three, Verdun is stuck on Unity with 3 fucking game modes.

What was great about that map.

Every single game has potential than by that logic, in order for it to have potential it needs people to drive it not functional retards.

The sticker combat system is like the unfiltered cigarettes of the Paper Mario series. If Kingdom hearts tried it once, and they never even looked at that battle system again.

How could I have forgotten about PS2? From what I understand the game was originally supposed to be PS1 redone in a modern engine, but they scrapped that idea and tried to make a continent-sized Battlefield clone instead. I am still angry about this.

If you want sticker star/color splash but done right try you should Coin Crypt.
It's a similar concept of attacks being an expendable resource but instead of being fucking stupid it works with the gimmick and allows effects that wouldn't be possible in those games. Like filling the opponents bag full of coins that force him to damage himself, or making him drop all of his shekels and watching him die from lack of money, or downright stealing half of his dosh then beating him to death with it. It's RNG heavy, but satisfying when you get a good run.
mega.nz/#!k5ZEGTqQ!JPMMcRdrs5MvRyvuB0xDs5IlnMnnhbdrzZLxQeedXeQ

This piece of shit could've been great had it shipped with an extra 3 months of dev time. And if the expansion came out.

And they have same design as giants in other games. And Giant lord in ds2 is the same giant lord as in ds3. Only downgraded. As you can see in picrelated taken from ds2 artbook. The only reason they (mostly) dont have faces is because of shit design/downgrade. And probably because they wanted to make ds3 to grab more money while people will pay for ds2 even if it will be shitty, so they can keep all the cool stuff for the next game.

obligatory

I didn't buy this game, I didn't back the Kickstarter, yet I still felt utterly cheated when I tried to play this piece of crap. The base game is fine but the devs tacked on dozens of terrible design decisions on top of it.

>comes off like it's written by modern "us gamers huh?" hipster pieces of shit because it is

I'm not a Minecraft fan, but how is it wasted potential? An autist managed to recreate a playable version of Pokemon Red in it. Also any feature you think is missing probably has a mod for it.

On the plus side they added AI customization just yesterday, and the recently added crime spree is kinda fun.
My only regret is having bought all DLC when it was on sale, but i might still use the DLC unlocker, because fuck unlocking all that stuff in the game with those retarded requirements.
Also fuck color/pattern drops, and weapon skins too.

Use Steam Achievement Manager for bullshit unlocks. I did that for some of the AK/CAR and other unlockables that i didn't have because of how annoying they are to get.
Or get yourself three extra autists to solve the 4-man shit cheevos, it's more fun that way.
Even after 470-ish hours.

post masks

MFW battlefield has been shit since after 2

Only lowest quality memes and aesthetics.

customization options should be free.
I understand mask unlocks but everything else in unexcusable

You make so much fucking money it's not even a problem to make guns and masks all day long and getting shit for them from the offshore. Rolled my entire offshore in the roulette down to zero twice from about a billion each time, burned it for a trophy when the button was introduced, almost back to 500m again.
Unless you mean armor skins, yeah, those are frankly bullshit. You get a free safe every week and armor safes cost about half the regular safe price on the steam market. Get a safe, sell a safe if it's not an armor safe, buy/open an armor safe, repeat until smat armor is acquired while selling off all other skins you get. You'll be in profit anyway by a nickel or so off of each iteration.

I'm not knocking them down as I like all of them, but I wish there was a realistic heist game equivalent to SWAT4/SWAT3 and the early R6 games.

It works, but it's the worst fucking system on God's green earth. They should've just done it like the Sims if they wanted something at least somewhat intuitive. But yeah, that's the most common theme of games that have potential. They have a slew of mechanics, yet they are done so shitty or so irrelevant to the rest of the game, that there really is only one way of play style.

what are the armor safes for anyway?

Armor skins like the SWAT one I'm rocking.
Regular weapon skins can really be ignored since there is a DLC unlocker version that comes bundled with the skin unlocker and unlike DLC unlocker the skin unlocker is only detectable if you're using the legendary skins since they have dlc-like unique attachments on them.

I didn't like how it turned into a sparse f2p-like grindfest, but it was a very good way to reboot imo. I really loved how they redesigned and streamlined mechanics like the planning phase. Not to mention that the destruction feature was very useful instead of flashy.

Despite the dev being an Antifa SJW, his story wasn't inclusive at all. You'll understand the setting more if you're a white millennial who resided in a place like Appalachia. That's probably his motive for changing the cast into animal characters, but it still falls flat as no one outside would get it.

What really saddens me is the fact one of the books is "The Illusion of Life" which could be taken as both the Book revolved around Disney animation and what makes it good, or The Theory of the Holographic Universe which could've then lead on to a story of introspection and Existentialism but no, just Ink Cult

Fuck this game so much potential but they fucked it up. This is the Godzilla Creepy pasta all over again

Even fucking sonic fans are telling you that the Generations boost gameplay was great, go make a whole game out of that.

I'm pretty sure that, by your logic, bad games cannot exist.

But TTYD was shit anyway.

That's like saying Skyrim isn't wasted oppurtunity after Morrowind because any feature its missing can be modded in

You know, ignoring the fact the world sucks, there's nothing to really do after a while and overall even with mods it feels like a hollow mess with no heart and any feature by extension added ends up being not as fun as it could be if it were just another game that was actually you know, good.

Even I could execute this concept better. It should be a game about Bendy as a cute little toon like he is questioning his existence as a cartoon character brought to life and stalking you around. It doesn't even need to be a "monster chase you down a hallway" game, just make a very spooky and unsettling puzzle game while living cartoon has an existential crisis and blames it all on you. Sure maybe throw in a murder rampage in the last third or so to spice it up, why not?

Man accidentally creates life. Life asks, "Why?" Except you paint it with the veneer of 1950s cartoons and get really trippy with it. Throw in stuff like and >>12591360 suggested.

The only "cartoon" thing about this game is a vague aesthetic and dull ink monsters. Overall this looks very shallow and lives up to the thread topic of "wasted potential."

The Surge
And that with actual graphics, fluid movement and overall working engine, buuut…
They had like everything but they forgot the most important part - gameplay, and it's so well forgotten that it's not even worth the bandwidth.

I agree with you on the destruction mechanic, it's probably the best implementation of it in recent years.
all the best operators are incredibly cheap so I don't really mind the renown grind. But it feels rushed in places.
I enjoy the game, there's something about it that just feels lacking.
unless you have a 3+ stack, then the game becomes stupid levels of HOW THE FUCK because of all the combination of retarded shit that happens at all times

You'd best get all your games, de-skin the characters, pull the textures from the maps, delete all audio and get ready for fun in your grey hell mesh worlds.

Halo looked like fucking dogshit, go get a copy now and tell me that looks like anything other than trash.

What they should have done with the settlements is have locals who're scraping a living near those sites before you arrive ask to join your places once they had more security and draw than staying out in the shit, that way you'd get personalities rather than generics and with a little custom dialogue, arguments, in-fights, NPC romances etc each place could semi-grow on it's own and end up with it's own feel.

They should use their skills to enrich the settlement in whatever way, scavengers find materials to build with, shop folks become traders etc, once you're attracting the wrong kind of attention a not-too-crazy gang could be made a solid militia/wall guard crew or even employ the raiders themselves given a decent enough booze, drugs and whores contract.

You're delusional.

Bear/Tits

I see what they did there.

You forgot the worst part:

lol no

whats that mod called?

drawfag autistbait is what that is

I don't want to post this, but god damn it, I am still not over it.

World of Goo was pretty good so I expected their next game to be a game. Whoops, it's just faggotry.

Oh god what's wrong with it

You buy things and burn them to get money so you can buy more things and burn them.
Some items grant bonuses when burned together, but past that you just set stuff on fire and watch it fall apart as the game occasionally feeds you plot here and there.
I thought it was super comfy but I can see why someone would hate it. Especially if they just came from World of Goo which was a stellar puzzle game.

Honestly, if the game was more fun to play, this game wouldn't be so obscure.

And down the trash hole it goes

That's the entire Legacy of Kain series in a nutshell, though SR 1 isn't the best example, since it is the best sold game from the franchise and is included on Sony's Greatest Hits list.

the footage they announced the game with didn't look very good either. Very bland enemy encounters, gigantic button prompts, and elizabeth was always an annoying "please like me, oh please god like me, you must like me, im so likable" from the very start.

I really don't know what anyone could have expected.

HURR A DURR LET'S MAKE THE STEALTH INTO COVERHIDAN' DOGSHIT AND HAVE BRIGHTNESS/DARKNESS NOT MATTER AT ALL! Plus free teleportation.

I was more pissed at the fact the game gives a metric fuckton of fun and cool ways to kill people but then goes "NOOOOO KILLING MAKES YOU A NAUGHTY BAD MAN CUDDLE PEOPLE TO SLEEP ONLY'.

Honestly the game's just fucking boring
Killing doesn't feel that great and sneaking doesn't feel that great

I don't think I've had such a forgettable experience since I played it

care to elaborate? i play siege a lot and it still costs to get the game and the grinding is minimal or pointless once you've unlocked the operators and the gun add-ons you want which take like 2 sittings. i have like 100k rainbow bux with nothing to spend it on because i have all the operators and the cosmetics suck dick, but i play because i actually have a lot of fun with it still.

It could've been good if the stealth was actual stealth, like hiding in shadows and not teleporting.

Because Dark Souls II was a cash grab thanks to Bandai Namco, and so most of its potential was squandered. If the games lead director didn't get shitcanned halfway through development there likely wouldn't be so many inconsistencies in the world, and the lore would make sense beyond it being even more vague bullshit than in the first game. Dark Souls II made so little sense logically that I don't even really consider it canon anymore, save for a few references to it in Dark Souls III.

First person stealth is just always REALLY boring imho, just feels clunky

Probably haven't played Thief then, first person's the only good way to handle stealth.

Not to mention it seems they designed the game around playing non-lethal, so you never get a good challenge. I also feel like that's why it was so boring, it never presented you with a challenge that necessitated good use of your abilities and made it so you needed to pull off a cool maneuver to proceed.

Actually you get different endings in Dishonored 2 based which targets you eliminate non-lethally, and which ones you kill. You can save a guy who owns a timey wimey Titanfall 2 level mansion by putting him to sleep which makes things better, and you could kill an absolute bastard who is high in rank of the kingdom, or you could kill both the leaders of the Overseers (religious fags who kill and toturer the smallest reasons) and the local street gang (they commit crimes and sheit and hurt people) and you can make Karnaca a better place.

I like the whole morality thing a bit better since killing certain people and sparing others in a playthrough can give you a better ending than if you just spared or killed everyone.

I did, but I dislike Thief for a variety of other reasons, not just the first person perspective

i did pure nonlethal as corvo then slaughtered just about anyone i saw as emily, i guess i shoulda messed around a bit more with it but i have no urge to play it again anytime soon

People can dislike popular games, that's what this board is all about user

I'm also not a big fan of the original Deus Ex if you really want to get triggered

seriously? it reeks of "le epic steampunk *tips tophat*" reddit bullshit.

Not particularly, but if you dislike it then that clearly shows you have poor taste.

Gee what a solid argument.
Apparently Thief is the only objectively perfect game ever created, I must've missed the memo

Wrong, Thief 2 was also objectively perfect, you fucking plebeian.

The setting is actually very interesting. Steampunk isn't inherently garbage, it just attracts low-effort memers who want to wear monocles and top hats.

gave me a giggle

A few more months of development and this game would have been a hit

MGSV is so fucking bittersweet. The Fox Engine is optimized as all fuck, the minute to minute gameplay is superb, but the cut content and lack of complexity of mother base and the open world, the lack of any real indoor areas, and the plotlines that go nowhere weigh those good quality down to a huge extent. I think it just needed another year of development time to be an easy qualifier for GOAT.

Everything in game is powered by whale oil.

This. But it didn't, and now it joins the grave of others who got screwed over by AAA sales.

Hellgate

Just saw gameplay of this shit. Really was expecting more, but it's literally just le jmpskare xd horer gayme #10^99999999999999.

let's hear it then

god hellgate makes me upset, it had so much potential

Seemed promising too, even for just a couple dollars.

It's pretty much just a admittedly really cool, extended tech demo

I'd dispute it's "nothing but wasted potential". It's a lot of wasted potential, yes, but it was still a decent fun game to mess around with.

EA had nothing to do with how spore came out how it did, actually, it was all internal bullshit at maxis: designer-notes.com/?p=654

The thread is "nothing but wasted potential", not "wasted potential".

Also, the series's gameplay is fine. It's not ultra spectacular, but it's not shit, either. It's slow, but that's not an inherently bad thing, and it doesn't preclude actual advanced movement tech a la quake or unreal, which Halo 5 actually has a lot of now.

MGSV so much. Holy shit, I had so many hopes for this game but it ended up being nothing of what I expected and everything I didn't want to.

You guys remenber this trailer? This shit got me so fucking hyped, god fucking damnit. The fucking trailer have a better story telling, direction and atmosphere than the whole game.

The best way I can describei is that it felt like when you download a movie, but the download had the wrong file and it was instead another movie with the same name, so you keep watching it thinking "this is just the introduction… the things I saw in the trailer will start any moment… any moment now…" and then it ends and you realize you got the wrong movie. That's how I felt playing MGSV.

It improved on it, but it's been discussed to hell and back on the Nier threads how the various ways they still fucked up on combat, the core game mechanic.

The core problem with Minecraft and its mods is that every single mod out there only manages to recreate shitty versions of other games or universes using the Minecraft aka virtual Lego engine. I mean, of course you can do that with actual physical Legos as well but everything is still limited by the actual scope of the Lego blocks present in your autistic inventory themselves, and this same limitation is present with Minecraft. After the initial excitement of seeing Cuck Wars done in virtual blocks dies off, you're left still feeling empty inside since deep down you realize you're just making virtual dioramas.

I keep hearing about this bendy game. All I know is that the fanbase is as autistic as the Undertale one. What's all the fuss about?

I like that, user. How about you take that to the /agdg/ thread?

I would rather have the first version that was supposed to be CoD with demons. At least I could pretend it's an Imperial Guard vs. Chaos game.

That's way more like 20s-30s.

Or watch the movie. I love that weird thing.

I don't see much wrong with it. The combat is a little shallow but it's better than NieR where you could literally beat every single bosses' bullet spam attacks by holding down block. And what I've played of the story so far has been interesting.

if you need to mod a game to make it good, then it isn't a good game

Ground Zeros?

Bendis and the Spunk Machine shows little potential, but the potential it does show it immediately squanders. It's only really popular due to the genre and the fact that it has a song. And if you listen, it's not even that good of a fucking song.

Valve is one of the worst

to date, there is only one other thing that makes me as angry as L4D2's wasted potential. you never get to fight General Scales

Nice trips
The most infuriating one for me is that Dead Rising kept going further and further from what made the first so great and then spat right on the first games grave

Boost gameplay is shit.

I like it

It is such a shame that that's what Zenimax!Arkane made of Viktor Antonov's design style.

Fuck the hilariously bad edgy clusterfuck of a story. You know this was trying to do way too much for its own good and you see this at all times.

Oh sure, I'll play the 20 year old game and shit talk it's graphics. It was big, it had full controllable vehicles, and it did it all looking pretty nice. Dislike the gameplay design, but the aesthetics and sandbox we're cool.

The branching story and varying paths was cool. Too bad it required you to get all endings before you get the true ending. That's just an exercise is frustration and repetition.

still get a kick out of the fact that there's a fucking Sonic game out there that manages to have a better morality system and more endings than any Bioware game.

you forgot the best part, if you played the game online and unlocked a character, that character has glitched stats that are locked at 0

At least, that's what I've been told about Alpha Protocol, where your actions and responses do affect your gameplay throughout the title.

Vector Thrust could have been so great. Ace Combat-style jet fighter games are extremely rare, and VT succeeds in emulating AC's gameplay. It takes place in its own Strangereal-equivalent world, which is good, because the real world is boring. It's on PC, so I can use a joystick with it. Finally, it was intentionally designed to be highly moddable, and it includes a full mission editor. It can even do squadron intros like the ones in Ace Combat Zero.

All the pieces were in place for it to be fantastic. Unfortunately, though, the game suffers from a serious lack of content. The campaign is really just a prologue. The various challenges that unlock new planes can be fun, but they eventually get boring with no story behind them. Hardly anyone is making missions or campaigns; most of the available mods are just new paint schemes.

It's quite frustrating to see such potential go unfulfilled.

it's true. It's the only game where one of the endings is you smoking cigars with the villain and it feels like a totally natural outcome of the events to date

Legacy of Kain is a very confused series in terms of gameplay. The first game was a top-down Zelda-like. The second and third were 3D action-adventures with a lot of puzzle elements. The fourth was a behind-the-back action RPG. The fifth was mostly a pure action game. They never could decide exactly what kind of gameplay they wanted.

Good writing, though. I always bring up this exchange when asked about memorable video game quotes:

"You're a righteous fiend, aren't you?"

"Apparently I am."

Doesn't seem very good in isolation, but I promise that it's *great* in context.

Which means it has that godawful green stripe on its cover. Fortunately, I came across an Eidos Collectors' Edition, which is a three-pack of Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, and Fighting Force, with a white stripe instead. Much better.

Not a full game persay, but this expansion is a prime example.

Honestly, whenever I play P2, I always skip this one especially since the steam version was updated for more weapons and to have the gibbing this thing had, making it pretty much pointless to play.

Combat is so taxing so let's make all battles take place in small controlled arenas
We'll contextualize the small arenas as the enemies existing in spirit world.
…which means all the enemies just look like floating scrolls meandering around doing nothing.
and there's a lengthy score tally after each battle so you can see how well you do
…but you only improve your status and moves from doing things outside of battle like helping villagers and finding spirits.

End result, all the intended popcorn enemies are lengthy, tedious, distracting, and useless. Not just in gameplay, but in story since they barely directly interact with the world.

I enjoyed the combat in Okami, the spirit scroll and tally screen are lame though.

why has this game already attracted the autists out of the woodwork?

why must they always have such generic boring titles though?