>horror thread

Lets have a horror thread coz i didnt see one in the catalog. Op will be back to contribute after i take a shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

9anime.to/watch/manie-manie-meikyuu-monogatari.4lok/4jw36m
moddb.com/mods/penumbra-necrologue
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone got some skinwalker/innawoods stories? I don't care if they're fake, they're comfy reads.

saturday is when we do horror threads and they usually last the week

As opposed to the stories about real skin walkers?

Good shit.

o.k I was holding off but I was looking for new horror games to try out and I came across four titles which usually aren't posted around here

Michigan: Report from Hell
Kuon
Extermination
Darkwatch: Curse of the West

I've no idea if they're any good or not, I've seen some videos of kuon and that looks pretty decent but as far as that goes the rest is abit different

christ what that fuck's the backstory behind these?

I'm as curious as you.

Darkwatch was actually super fun. I played through it a couple times because I seem to remember things went differently if you used the good or evil powers. Could be remembering it wrong but it is certainly worth a look

is that psycho mantis?

it seemed to me like a the suffering meets the wild west but I could be mistaken

It's a bunch of old spookyposts that have had the contrast upped for visibility. I don't think any of them had more to them than the image.

Here's a good one, capped it off of /k/ a while ago.

I liked Extermination, but I got stuck probably halfway through it.
It reminds me a lot of Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

Shit I came here to post about The Suffering.
I wish it had been more of a straight horror game instead of a shooter. All the lore in the game was pretty good.

Well giant shit over. So is there any news on those two planned cthulu/hp lovecraftian games? I would check myself but for the love of god a cant remember what they were called. Last i checked i think one of them seemed an awful lot like it was going down the "no combat except with puzzles" route.

What the fuck

SPOILER THAT STORY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

can you give a more in depth of extermination, at least the bits you played?

the suffering seemed to me that they had two directions and this really shows in the secound game with how utterly off the point it was

I really wanted to like the suffereing. But i suspected it was gonna be a cheese fest just based on the name alone. Started off creepy seeing shit on the security feed and wondering if it was really there/where it was though. And i remember the soundtrack being pretty creepy during the quieter moments.

I'll try, I haven't played it in like 10 years.
You start off outside a arctic (or antarctic, I forget) facility. At some point I think you get infected, and you have to stave off the infection with medicine. It's really slow and unimportant, kind of like how it is in RE: Outbreak. I can't really describe the game more than that, it's basically a Resident Evil clone.

I remember the gun customization being cool, you could mount different sights and underbarrel stuff to your m4.

Also i know this isnt really the place to ask but lets say someone wanted to make an ARG. How do you spread the word about your game without actually telling people its game (and thus breaking the immersion)? Do you try and start it off as a hoax and hope that the conspiriy nuts that investigate it realise its a game (so they keep playing along)?

both my elementary and high schools were built in the 50s and had enormous tunnel networks underneath them, with large nuclear shelters connected to them. my buddies and i used to sneak around in there until we started finding rooms full of (unused) bodybags and really old stainless steel surgical equipment like gurneys, old-ass wheelchairs etc. i learned years later that both schools had been equipped to serve as field hospitals if those damn dirty russians dropped The Bomb, and the tunnel network was actually planned to extend a further three or four kilometers into the old town center before the city ran out of money. when they condemned and began tearing them down we snuck back down into those tunnels again looking for cool shit and found signs of recent habitation, like sleeping bags, chicken bones etc and when we found some old wheelchair with clothing laid out on it in the shape of a person we decided to get the fuck out and never go back but we stole a shitload of copper pipes before leaving and made like a thousand dollars

while we're offtopic, where can i find a torrent of neo tokyo

the few resident evil clones I've played have been decent although I'm surprised there's not more of them

Oh god the memories.

It's free on steam you know. If you're that autistic about DRM on a free dead sourcemod check IGG

you ever man'd up like your mom wanted?

I did, but 2 years later. Silent Hill 2 had released a couple months after that and I'd already played the first on the PS1 with my aunts.

i'm talking about the animu movie user

playing video games with your family sounds nice

I had no idea such a thing even existed, so I searched all my fav animu torrent sites and couldn't find a damn thing, sorry. Try looking for a stream.

Your mom sounds like she was a good woman

oh shieeeet me in 10 years?

Is this it?
9anime.to/watch/manie-manie-meikyuu-monogatari.4lok/4jw36m
bump

Almost certainly is, that Running Man segment has been a must watch since it came out. On that topic, does anyone else remember when videogame stores always had anime as well? They always, always had Memories and Vampire Hunter D. It was a good time for buying up gothic and horror anime. Felt like part of me died when I finally went back to EB and they'd replaced them with walls of funkopops.

Huh, I gotta hand it to the first Dead Space game devs they really did a good job of designing Necromorphs.

What animu the screenshot is from?

thanks a ton man. it's only 480p but now i can finally actually watch that motherfucker. have some 2b

Anyone play the Penumbra Necrologue mod?

nah I imagine there are really decent mods for penumbra though

I started it. It's on the HPL2 engine so it looks a lot better than the original penumbra series but also runs worse and has some serious frame drop areas. Honestly though it feels like just the next penumbra game, with different voice actors with some broken English (still feels like they really care though.) Still has spooky empty halls, soundtrack is on point, uses some of the best tracks from the black plague. Puzzles feel pretty standard when compared to the rest of the series. It's basically penumbra 3 which is super impressive for a mod team. Some areas even have multiple ways to progress which seriously impressed me considering that didn't exist in the original series. The same mod team also released and expansion for necrologue called twilight of the archiac which I assume is of the same quality, but haven't started yet.

this sounds pretty interesting actually, do you have a link?

If you haven't played White Day, you should.
Also avoid Amnesia: A machine for pigs and SOMA. They are both shit.

agreed

white day I'm struggling to play since it starts out so boring

motherfucker you have no idea how good it gets. i'm not one of those youtube-tier AHMAHGERD scream at my computer types and i had to alt-f4 out of it because i thought i was going to have an actual fucking heart attack i was hiding from the janitor in a bathroom stall, while he's fucking yelling and banging his stick around looking for me, then that goddamn ghost just slowly appeared, burning her way into my peripheral vision until i could feel my heart hammering in my chest so hard

I suppose so

someone post that haunted morrowind mod

most retarded shit since all these other le spoop stori

well its on steam if you own amnesia you can just download the mod there. I just got a gog torrent for amnesia on rutracker. but the link to the moddb page is: moddb.com/mods/penumbra-necrologue

thanks for the spoon feed goyim

sure thing

What did you think of dark descent? Worth a play?

honestly, it's very overrated highly causal and really can't even touch any Penumbra game, so I'd suggest playing it if you want the last "o.k" fictional game

I'll give a playthrough I think. Anything that stands up to penumbra? loved the whole thing and completely binged on it, not that they are super long games.

not that I can think of

there's one genuinely great part that i won't spoil for you, but the rest of dark descent is simply okay. since you can pirate it easily or buy it for like a dollar or something i'd recommend you try it, but keep your expectations low

I think the biggest thing for me is that I basically planned to play through the rest of the frictional games after penumbra. I got really used to the underground lab type setting, and a 1800 manor or mansion / underground whatever doesn't really catch me at all, neither does underwater whatever.

Currently playing with the intent of finally seeing the credits since I never finished it as a kid. This game is totally badass, has the core of Resident Evil gameplay while still having enough of its own to differentiate itself and be its own thing. Plus nothing is more pants shittingly scary than a small corridor with multiple Velociraptors or a T Rex chasing you on foot.

so pretty good game around, but didn't see mentioned anywhere on thread
basically what rebooted the horror genre before Amnesia

did you actually read the thread?

Blowout soon fellow stalker!

What do you fags think of SCP? And SCP:CB?

self incert the attention whoring shit cunts staring hide your shitty writing with [REDACTED]

kek pretty blunt
What do you think about the game then?

SCP:CB is pretty good as a horror game, but the SCP universe has gone to shit since it was starting to be made, I've seen people edit old articles to include their new 2000 numbered scps because "it doesn't make sense anymore with the new writing style"
And last I checked there's a huge cult of personality with fags never getting their articles fixed because they're fucking popular. Additonally the last SCP article I read was written by a guy with a Life is Strange avatar was was being circlejerked by a faggot with a kike in the hoods avatar.
It died halfway through series 1000

underwhelming scale with a trash engine that has the development time of a quadruple amputee midget going to the super market using his tongue

Wouldn't a midget moving with his tongue be faster because he weighs less than a normal person?

no, because he has a smaller tongue

you're right

But don't midgets usually have bigger heads?

also sexy

Anyone played Darkwood? Slav horror is often rather good, this is no exception.

I think it depends on the kind of midget

it's not out of EA yet and it's been years now

The kind that aims for the dick in a fight.

Scratches fag here, with your weekly horror general reminder

find more and new pointer clickers to shill pls

midgets are a proud and honorable people, you had better have some evidence to back up these wild and unsubstantiated accusations.

Sorry, friend. I only have Scratches for ya.

got you covered then, try Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortal, dark soul, darkness within 1/2, The Black Mirror, Barrow Hill: Curse of the Ancient Circle

Thanks, user~

my pleasure baby~