QTDDTOT

Thread for questions that probably shouldn't have their own thread, since last one was actually relatively decent and cancer free.

Has anyone ever committed suicide cause they were so disappointed by a game?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.pantsu.cat/
zxstudio.org/blog/
uruhayuru.blog.fc2.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In the Ace Combat thread, someone said that Project Wingman is a standalone game being made in Unreal. I'm pretty sure I once heard someone mention that there was a mod of Ace Combat Assault Horizon that makes that game not shit. Does this ring any bells?

I have, Dubsman.
Twice.

Are you a ghost or are you such a fuck up you missed both times?

When buying a new graphics card, what should I look into to make sure it's compatible with the rest of my parts?

If anyone did, it was after Spore or MGSV. On that note…
What was your last disappointment?
And would you rather play as a cowboy or knight?

you only really need to worry about the motherboard and if it fits the slot(s)

Is the Drakengard series worth playing or should I stick to Nier?

Well, other than power supply and the motherboard slots, it's mostly irrelevant. If you have a AMD CPU I heard it does run better with AMD GPUs though.

Look at your PSU and determine if you've got enough wattage to give your shiny new card the juice it needs to run. Make sure your card's dimensions can even fit inside your case. You don't want to buy a 15'' card for your mITX case, you nigger. Besides that, there's not much else you need to know.

Compatibility issues are mostly a kind of the past, unless you can't even LEGO

Bane?

Aye

Alright thanks I'll start researching now. Here is my computer if you want to laugh

you can probably still continue to use that set up and just replace the 560 with something a little newer, like a 980ti. It's decent enough for emulation and most games could probably run on at least mid settings. 4th gen intel is still fine for even modern games.

Why would anyone laugh?

Just add ram and new gpu, you're fine.

Where do I get VNs now that Nyaa and Sukebei are dead? Erogedownload won't work for some reason. The entire page just freezes when I try to download a game.

nyaa.pantsu.cat/

nyaa.si
tokyotosho.info
and

Yeah it looks like I'm gonna go with that or either of these two cards if I'm gonna be cheap fuck, thanks again

Aye.

zxstudio.org/blog/

Drakengard 1 is ungodly tedious rather than just tedious as nier is. Drakengard 3 is about the same level as automata but the ending chain is pretty uninmpressive, best one is Two's DLC. 2 is by a different team and is more edgy anime than anything else, but does feature a surprisingly good homage to Caim.

user, I have that CPU OC'd to 3.9Ghz for now with headroom to spare. Coupled with an RX 580 and I can easily play all DECENTLY OPTIMIZED games at 1800p at 60fps. Even 4K at 40fps with a bit of tweaking. You're fine.

I can't see the appeal of dungeon keeper. I can barely tell what's going on most of the time.

Your rig is overkill for games from 10 years ago.

Ain't that the fucking truth. Other than the Witcher series, I don't have anything I find enjoyable that's intensive where my system can flex its legs. I also avoid 2D indie shit and anything with microtransactions like the plague.

Anyone succesfully put nude mods on Senran Estival Versus? I know there were some for Shinobi.

What are some good song packs for Stepmania? I already have the regular DDR ones.
No ungodly 16 steppers though, I never liked exploding my knees.

On a related question Is there a way to get those arcade emulators for things like pop'n'music already packaged and good to go? Or am I really gonna have to become a cyber-weeb-punk doing shit like decoding images in order to get info on how to do it?

Well, I've never played dungeon keeper but I assume its sort of like Stronghold Crusaders, in the sense that once things make sense it gets pretty damn fun. Get over the beginning learning slope and you'll find out, really.

Downloaded Warcraft III again after YouTube's shitty algorithms forced WTii down my throat entirely out of the blue.

What should I try to make, Holla Forums?
And would anyone play it with me?

Why are anons on Holla Forums becoming pro Censorship and pro Denuvo?

Was it for Spore?

There always was a contingent of autistic anti piracy fags. They just latched on near a tomato to become more virulent because they knew they'd at least have some grounds to stand on.

okay so i dont wanna make a thread for this, but is The Surge any good?

im looking at gameplay videos and the jewtube comments say shit like "its so le souls-like xDDD" and its already pissing me off because it looks like another failed tryhard attempt at copying the souls formula like Lords of the fallen which was a fucking awful clunky shit game.

you can tell its an american game from the UI, the menus, and the fact you play as generic spees marine.

holy fuck you're still butthurt

Like I said, denuvofags have a much easier time convincing themselves they have a point when they have a game's fanbase to serve as allies of circumstance. In the long run however, you're making absolutely no dent in Holla Forums being predominantly pro-piracy, and are just making anons who like EmilMan games look as cancerous as you are. Nobody wins.

nigger your argument was literally
whats with this borderline personality disorder Holla Forumstier logic? if you're not 100% with me you're 100% against me EVERY TIME.

just like we told you in the nier tomato thread, if all devs did that you'd end up with nothing with indieshit, shovelware and TheWitcher™. nobody here is pro-denuvo, we told you to buy it on console and you sperged out about consoles being as bad as denuvo.

Is Automata worth picking up a cheap console for alone?

depends on how cheap you're talking about.

i wouldn't pick up a console for anything less than 5 full fledged titles that i want to play.

You are literally retarded. Supporting DRM and especially shitty ones like denuvo will only hurt you and other customers. As long as you keep rewarding them for it they will never stop, regardless of whatever bullshit you convince yourself of regarding your stance on denuvo.

You talk shit about someone else's argument, when your own argument is " all games will die out if DRM isn't used". Funny thing, then, that a whole lot of games have made plenty of money even if they don't have DRM, isn't it? Your argument is objectively wrong, as reality has shown.

You're a piece of shit and you're so fucking stupid that you're arguing in favor of something that is objectively bad for the industry and consumer.

you're not supporting denuvo if you buy it on console. what part of this can't you understand you retarded chimpanzee?

that isn't my argument at all, but you gotta pretend it is because otherwise you have absolutely nothing to fight back with.
you don't want to support denuvo? thats great, neither do i, want to support the game? buy it on console, no denuvo there.

you got BTFO in the tomato thread and you're getting BTFO here. god your tears are delicious and plentiful, like a river in the desert

Modern consoles are fucking DRM boxes you dipshit. The idea of them being convenient gaming devices that are co-op friendly is out the window. They're just shitty walled garden PCs for retards that are only kept alive by exclusives and people being ignorant faggots.

aaaand the retard went back into the loop.

there's nothing left to argue here, the only games you can play are early-access indie trash and the witcher. have fun!

I'm not even him you cocksucker.
Have you overdosed on memes you sad little faggot? Hang yourself.

name 5.

Denuvo always instigates such fierce debate in anons. It's a nice thing we can still scream at each other about vidya, even with all the shills and politics everywhere.

Are there 5 games on PS4 worth owning? Generally serious. All I know is Automata, and maybe Bloodborne assuming it doesn't run like a fucking slideshow. Also the whole spoiled for choice thing.

Did you get it from GoG? They have the version that runs at half-resolution unless you use the hotkey to double it.

HoMM3
Serious Sam TFE+TSE
King of Dragon Pass
Jagged Alliance 1+2
Doom
Quake
Age of Wonders

A trillion other games, I don't even give a shit because I pirate everything but fuck you're stupid.

inb4

Alt+r to fix the resolution once you're in a level, also change cycles=80000 to cycles=max in dosbox. And make sure to zoom the view out. The game is entirely unplayable on a modern resolution otherwise.

I'm looking for a metroidvania that's challenging and has fast and fun traversal. I really liked Ori and The Blind forest, and the more difficult areas of Guacamelee.

Also is Yooka Laylee any good? I want a new 3D platformer and Snake Pass isn't running well on this toaster.

What happened to the "Big Picture Mode" category on the Steam store? I can't use it to browse for comfy couch games anymore. Did Valve just up and abandon yet another initiative because it didn't immediately shit gold like Dota2?

Have you tried hollow knight yet ?

Nioh is supposed to be good.

more like extremist borderline-disorder people throw shit and bitch about "le DRM xD" while using steam to play their games, again, this board has a problem with borderline-personality disorder.

digimon next, NioH, yakuza 0, gravity rush 2, let it die, and bloodborne even though i personally think its a shit game

those games ARE old. no, you can't play that card when it actually fucks your entire argument over. you might as well have named Tetris and Pong in your list.
steam is DRM, consoles are DRM, so if you wan't to play anything released in the last 10 years all you have is indie shit and witcher, or piracy of course, that is always an option. i pirated nir tomato because i didn't feel like paying 60$ for it, but i understand people who would to support the dev.

Are you gonna cry about smug anime girls next?

Good yuri games?

nah anime girls are fine but where is her nose

Artificial Academy 2.

Yooka Laylee is poo. The first two levels are the only good ones, and they're mediocre.
Look at Poi, Ubisoft's Grow games, or Human Fall Flat instead if you want 3D platforming.

Nope, I might have had downloaded it at some point though.

I know you jews are used to big noses, but small ones do exist.

dump your entire folder m8, won't change the fact you lost the argument.

Well it leans a bit toward dark souls with healing that takes time and ebin vague lore, but it's very much a competent metroidvania with lots of secrets, incentives to uncover them, and movement upgrades that are the primary means of accessing new areas. Also surprisingly vast map for an indie. The only things that might be held against it is that you have to purchase maps and you only have one melee weapon, but even that is more love it or hate it.

How could I lose an argument I never started? You're bad at this.

There are retarded anons Like the other one i'm replying to that defend drm just because "lelel anons are hippocrits they use stem XDDD" Without actualy addressing the reason why drm is shit.

Nice projection. I use GoG for most of my games tbh.

Moderaters are shady as fuck there.
Also you forgot to mention anidex.info

He's just shitposting. No one is stupid enough to actually believe DRM is good.

Speaking of Dungeon Keeper, why is there no Hentai Edition of Dungeon Keeper?

Then you're a pleb with shit taste.

Guess I'll try it after I'm done with ESA.

So what about Yooka? Is it any good?
Also what's this bullshit rumor that N.Sane trilogy is also coming to PC?

How are the Stalker games?

They're amazing. Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat at any rate, Clear Sky is not very good although they added some important features in it. They're scary for your first playthrough or two, but also still fun after several runs. Be sure to play unmodded your first time, and Master difficulty is the best in the opinion of many.

Will a good chunk of PC-88/98 ever get translated?

What are some good shmups for people who are new/aren't good at shmups? I was thinking about buying DoDonPachi Resurrection but it's only on Steam and I've heard it's fairly difficult and not really beginner friendly.

Also, should I play with controller or keyboard? If it matters at all. Sage for double post.

AEREO FIGTHERS 1 2 3 SPECIAL DO IT NIGGER DO IT NOWWWW

You posted it friendo, Touhou is fairly entry level. You'll also want to play with your keyboard.

What are some good games to play when I listen to audiobooks or podcasts?
Bonus points if the run on my laptop intel graphics + wine

How is Serious Sam 2? Is it really that "bad" or is it just OK?

Ok would sum it up. It also plays really well in small-scale coop (2-4 people). Give it a shot and see what you think.

Any game that isn't story-heavy and hard i.e. kirby

Are those two graphic cards good or not? From what I heard from one or two anons those two graphic cards doesn't work very well.

HEY I HAVE A QUESTION
IN DEUS EX IS IT POSSIBLE TO PROXIMITY DETONATE LAMS?
I AM ON THE SHIP LEVEL AND I HAVE TO BLOW THE STRUTS TO MAKE IT SPLIT OPEN AND I WANT TO AVOID TAKING DAMAGE BY SHOOTING THE DAMN MINES.

This. If you absolutely suck at shmups and want to play 2hu try Imperishable night or Mountain of faith.

this nip that keeps changing his online id all the time makes some pretty good stuff uruhayuru.blog.fc2.com/
he got fucked by the japanese jew so he never uploads the actual song file anymore so you have to track them down on your own…
I have a pretty big pack of his older stuff that I could upload of requested.

What's the best portable device that will play almost every emulators?

an android-based smartphone

Get a Saturn pad.

3ds does nes, snes, gbc, gba and nds (with flashcart)
psp is pretty nice for ps1 games since it has an official emulator on it

Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION

Super beginner friendly on the novice difficulty and it even has a really fun boost mode where break mode lasts until you die and the longer you're in it, the harder the game gets. Video related.

Thanks lads

Maybe I would if it wasn't so expensive to buy a controller plus and adapter. How are SNES controllers for shmups?

I actually started playing that recently, it's pretty fun. Seems like it can get pretty fucking insane on the higher difficulties.

I just use a hori mini for shmups. It was only 35 bucks so I figured it'd be OK. A small 8 button fight stick actually works out pretty well for some of the slightly more complex shmups like Hellsinker.

Not really sure I want a fightstick. Are there any gamepads you would recommend?

At wat interval should you change the thermal pase between your cooler and processor. What happens if you don't use thermal paste at all?

Every year or so, though you can afford to wait a little longer, like even up to three years. If you don't use thermal paste, the processor will overheat very quickly, to the point that it can become damaged. If it gets too hot, then the computer will typically shut down in order to prevent extensive damage. Basically, if you don't use thermal paste, you're gonna fuck your shit up. Just use it.

Reddit is here.

Didn't it get cracked recently? Just pirate it on PC.

Try out ESCHATOS as well. The easier difficulties are super beginner friendly and orignal mode's mechanics are very straightforward, as well as the Thunderforce seires (3 and 4 on Genesis/Megadrive and 5 on Saturn/PS1, The saturn version of 5 is the best IMO but not as easy. 6 does not exist). Another fun but more challenging title you might want to check out is ChoRenSha68K, another very solid shmup that ramps up pretty quick.
You can also check out Touhou if you get an interest in bullet hells, the best starting point is really debatable but 8 is my go to for introducing people. You can also try out some CAVE titles but those are by no means beginner friendly beyond novice modes, and outside of arcade emulation you can only get a handful on PC through steam.

I'm looking for a decent TPS, vanquish kind of has my interest but that's still two days out.
Anything good on PC? Already played Payne, MDK and Binary Domain. I did not care much for binary domain.

EDF?

Played that too. Love it but I'm looking for something single player.

EDF is single player. It's a bit tougher to play solo but it's possible and still pretty fun.

I tried that, it just isn't that much fun to me.

Red Faction Guerilla is good

Should one advertise their game on places like Holla Forums?

If I ever make a hypothetical game what should I do in relation to this place? Drop a couple steam keys and run for it? Ignore? Attentionwhore? I'd die of curiosity if I made something half-decent and never got Holla Forums's reaction to it.

It's a shame they fucked up Armageddon. It could have been godly.

never played it, how bad was it?

Can we discuss elves for a moment?

I want those knife eared pricks out of Holla Forums.

What controllers would you Anons recommend for playing 2D stuff like shmups, sidescrollers and whatever else? I'm not really looking for an arcade stick. I was thinking about a Sega Saturn controller with an adapter but that seems to be a bit expensive.

Just change it when the CPU starts running warmer than normal on idle. Any OS should have programs to monitor temps on the taskbar.
If you don't use paste the CPU gets very hot and can damage components. The PC will turn off as a fail-safe if it gets too hot, but prolonged heat exposure still wears oit parts.

I see USB SNES controllers recommended a lot for 2D games. However, it has 2 less buttons than the Saturn if that's an issue for fighting games.

Should Gundam Threads been banned?

Banned from Space Threads and /m/

Where can I find quality or decent CRTs?

contact hospital technicians, universities/schools with AV departments, video editing studios, and any professional/independent videographers in your area

otherwise ebay, jvc tm/cg/dtv, ikegami tm/htm, sony pvm/bvm, commodore rgb, nec, panasonic bt/cm/AT-H are the brands/models you want to keep an eye out for.

also electronics recycling facilities

gemcraft, anything strat or sim that doesn't require a lot of real time baby sitting. literally any turn based thing ever.

or maybe the complete opposite is true and you need something like touhou, ghouls and goblins, super hexagon or boson x.

yea I think you just double click or right click or something. sneak up to it and whatever doesn't make you disarm it and pick it back up I think will make it blink which means proximity mode.