Wew next Pac-Man project will be Kikestarted

archive.is/nmBpD

Other urls found in this thread:

neamedia.fr/en/showroom/figurines-statuettes/
kickstarter.com/projects/omocat/omori
twitter.com/OMORI_GAME/status/815754011705868288
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-05-15/bandai-namco-holdings-sees-record-high-sales-in-fiscal-year-2017/.116090
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Didn't kickstarter die?

Jesus, did no one in Japan get their paycheck last month?

Let's start a kickstarter for no more fucking kickstarter projects

Lol no, they are richer by the day. You can create a project, grab the money, not deliver it and KS isn't liable (it's in the ToS you signed)

namco isn't even trying anymore

It's not a game, it's for a figure;
neamedia.fr/en/showroom/figurines-statuettes/

I think these Kickstarters are primarily a way to gauge interest and then a way to collect funds for these large companies. It's really a way to kill two birds with one stone: funding your game and making sure people will buy it.

But it's not even a game so…

I'm not defending it, I'm just passing on info so people can bitch about it correctly.

why all the secrecy and call it a "project"?

you could start a kickstarter for anything and idiots would give you money

Oh, I know. Thanks for that, I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Unrelated but does anyone else remember this: kickstarter.com/projects/omocat/omori ?
It's some project that started in either 2014 or 2015 and the game was promised to be released in spring 2015 and the developers didn't do jackshit, not even a demo or footage of gameplay has been shown aside from one short clip from when the project first started.

I have never heard of this before.
twitter.com/OMORI_GAME/status/815754011705868288
But I think footage most definitely exists.

What the fuck?, Bamco has a shitload of money, they don't need to do this.

kickstarter was never about necessity.

Had not seen that one, they're still assholes for only having done something 2 years after the actual release date.

Doesn't surprise me in the least. Virtually nothing they do surprises me anymore. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Ace Combat 7 somehow turns out good.

Of all the fucking years to celebrate, ''37???""

They've got good taste in music but even that wouldn't get me to back an RPG Maker game of all things.

No. We did.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-05-15/bandai-namco-holdings-sees-record-high-sales-in-fiscal-year-2017/.116090

They wanted to be quirky and not dot the traditional 5-or-0-year-ending scheme. If it was Nintendo, they'd just release a mii version of the character and charge for the old games, instead of making a new IP.

So the tweet was to get it some support
Maybe this Neamedia company isn't really big?

Maybe trying to drum up attention for something? Bomberman did the same thing for Super Bomberman R, celebrating their 33rd Anniversary

just like take tennis ball and cut it open

also Pac-Man already got a statuette like a year ago, why make another?

Namco-Bandai is really trying for the most jewish company of 2017.

Nintendo also revealed their hand too soon.

I guess EA, Activision and Capcom will show them how to properly jew and insult their customers come November.

Who even wants more Pac-man games? It's kind of been done.

Would you buy a Klonoa statue?
Furfag shitposting aside I think it'd be hella baller

Championship DX was goat.

The sequel not so much

Is there anywhere left to go after championship though?

Well they filed a copyright for Pac-Man Maker or some such, so making your own Championship levels seems like the next logical and final step.

So what did they fuck up with Championship 2?
I didn't end up getting it since the only portable version was on fucking phones

They really screwed around with how ghost trains work and made the game rely more on chance than good reaction time or rote memorization. They also really mucked around with stage progression and score rankings.

I want a new Pac-Man World game.

Namco confirmed to be another Nintendo

They probably have no idea on the size of the market.
They want to see how many would actually buy it.

Maybe it's a fully working statuette of the first arcade machine.

THE GOLDEN ERA OF DICK DRAWINGS HAS ARRIVED

Turning Pac-man into a mascott platformer always felt strange to me. The games were decent enough though, I suppose.

THIRTY-SEVEN?!