Nier Automata thread

Before anyone asks again, there is a chapter select unlocked at one point, you will be able to play as any character and complete any missed quests. Shut up and keep playing after Ending A you're only a third done.

On a more serious note.

What did Yoko mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=akui_(liricoa)
gamerevolution.com/faq/nier-automata/how-to-get-to-emils-shop-and-complete-emils-memories-129981
github.com/marcussacana/FAR/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Imagine this, but inside 2B and 9S. Sticking your dick inside them covers your ENTIRE dick with it.

It's a fucking 10/10 game that I put 100+ hours in, but I feel like everything was discussed and analyzed to death.

Don't make threads before page 13 you fucking autistc bastard.
It's already been discussed to death that Yoko doesn't have a very positive view on commies, Marxists, existentialists, etc.

It was, this is the phase where these threads become cancer.

So this is how it goes. I guess we should be a little more self aware then and just stop. Especially since game itself encourages self awareness.

So did Holla Forums shows. That didn't stop it.
These people are living parodies.

So when do I get rid of 9s?

For some reason the machines remind me of muslims

That already happened. The shitposting reached maximum velocity right after the crack came out and been building up since not long before the DLC. We're actually on a relatively upward turn at the moment.

When you kindly ask him to leave

When does it get fun?

So pirates ruined it?

You don't, he's the main character.

Son of a bitch, at least in dragons dogma I can toss the useless fucks around

When you play a different game.

Are you talking about the Facade machines, or just the suicide bombers specifically? You can't be talking about the cultists? They were based off a Christian philosopher.

Keep playing. 9S is one of the best protagonists you can get in video game.

Ahh fine, I just dislike games with AI followers. But for 2Bs ass, I'll toughen up.

I actually was thinking about the cultists and the suicide bombers. Though now that you mentioned that Christian philosopher I guess I was wrong then.

He's the game's actual protagonist, fam.

What's this gay spoonfeeding bullshit? Are people not just playing the game out of some paralyzing fear they might be doing it wrong?

Yes, that is the name of the game. What is the issue?

Thread quality was already going down, but it accelerated to critical mass cancer around when the crack came out. There were several entire threads with nearly no discussion of the game itself and the very worst one was an OP that was made while the last thread was only on page 9. He spelled it Neir and asked a retarded question that everyone already knew the answer to if they had played the game.

When, if ever, some PC autist rebalances the game.

Yes, faggots all over the last thread were bitching about missing quests. To be fair though, the original Nier had a time skip that could not be replayed, so any missed quests from the first half of the game were permanently lost without a complete reset.

Yeah that's what happens when people who don't have buyer's remorse and idol worship play a game that was presented as worth supporting denuvo by those that do. Add to that a healthy contingent of anti-piracy fags and sonyggers latching onto the game, and a boring, clumsy thing which only strength is muh twists doesn't stand a chance. Someone might as well post a rolling picture.

How many of them do you think actually played original Nier and knew about losing those sidequests to the timeskip considering most of the renewed interest is from PC pirates and the original Nier is still un-emulatable?

The only thing I haven't seen explained or discussed in depth is the significance of the Hegel boss and the four shi bosses. Yes, I know Hegel was a philosopher, and the four Shi bosses are all Chinese philosophers, but their philosophies and purpose in the game haven't been discussed. For instance, Hegel is a giant flying centipede made out of what would appear to be the same spheres that are the four Shi bosses. I don't know what this connection means. Also, is Taro trying to say the Chinese all look alike to him by making the four Shi bosses nearly copy pastes?

People before were discussing the game and why parts of it were shit mechanically. The shitposting during the crack was nothing but back and forth "It works on my machine :^)" and "The game won't stop fucking crashing", with a healthy dose of ">Shitgame" without any elaboration as to why.

Chinks indeed look like japs.
And all robots were named after philosophers because cool factor.
Also yes if game works on my machine, but doesn't on somebody else's then that somebody either can't into computers or his computer is shit.

I don't think it's 10/10, but I didn't beat it yet. Definitely the best game to come out in a while, and from japan since Nayuta in 2012. Nothing AAA has been made this good for least a decade.

lol no

That wasn't my question.
They named for existentialist themes and ties to their behavior in the game. One idea shown throughout the game is that philosophies and ideas that worked for humans don't turn out well for the machines.
Or the port has problems, which it definitely does.

It's great actually. Just wish there wasn't a loot grind, but I was able to ignore it across my entire first playthrough and just keep pushing forward without dealing with the meta.

Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?

No, the meaning is fucking 9S's boipussy.

I wanna do things with 9S Lewd things

Is that a doujin?

No, it has a previous page but nothing beyond that.
i found it here gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=akui_(liricoa)

FTFY

I wonder what he thinks about a third atomic bomb. ^•^

What are his views though?
He does include obvious references to communism and communists. I have not thought to think about it though, so I wonder what they mean.

Ew, he's got weird sausage fingers

Got any more of this? It's for my homework

Pascal is shown as a well meaning and sympathetic character. Communism sort of worked for them, but full pacifism and the reliance on Pascal as de-facto dictator destroyed them. There are well meaning commies, it's just that their ideas are naive and foolish, no matter how "educated" they seem. Pascal read a lot of books.

Sounds about right.

I would gladly support company because I really liked the game but fuck steam and denuvo and technical issues and dont have ps4. damn I feel conflicted about this

What?

That's a pretty good and satisfying reading.
Thanks, user.

At this point you can just pirate it.
I bought it on day 1 and didn't regret a cent, but that's me being huge tarofag and platinumfag and my computer is good so this game is made specifically for me 100%.
I dunno how much denuvo affects performance on toasters.

I pirated it and completed it only bullethell credits were too much for me its just I want to "give back"

I don't understand the people who don't want to support steam and denuvo but are fine with consoles

When you release a game for console it's going to be inaccessible at some point unless it can be emulated, that's part of releasing on a console. When you release for PC, releasing only on Steam or adding DRM is a voluntary choice of the developer. That's how I think they think anyways.

I was recently browsing this and found strange similarities to this game.

All these android lewds need to stop.
2B is pure.

Why?

Ass of the year?
Ass of the year.

It was the only one with less censoring, all other versions are horribly censored and in lower quality, i think it was true what they said about doujins in exhentai becoming cancer from inside.

she's a little pale, like a rotting corpse.
that's not okay.

NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER! NIGGER!

Sure, until 9S starts lewdly holding her hand . Then she can't contain herself.

Most games have been dissected and theorized upon for years. You re just annoyed with the frequency of the threads, they will dwindle down with time.

My nigga

YES

It looked like only the first chapter is uncensored with higher quality scans. The rest are the same.

So I'm waiting for my download to finish and have been looking for mods in the meantime and I read something about a guy basically putting drm into his mod.
Are there any alternatives for mods that fix the resolution and performance?

I believe someone linked to a github copy without the DRM checker in place some threads ago, but I have no link. I think FitGirl repack has it but >Fitgirl

And besides
!

It would be extremely radioactive

Well that was one wild ride.

awful b8 m8

do you guys think there will be another NieR game in the future or is the "series" pretty much finished now?

Meta shitting faggots who want to gatekeep all discussion of the game like a bunch of hipster cunts are by far the worst IMO.

gate keeping games is better than letting every retard in on it. Would have been best kept console exclusive, lots of discoveries will go neglected due to masses being afraid of appearing pretentious so many interesting discussion points (ie, death of the authors as a theme) will be shot down as the masses refuse to approach the more complicated subjects.

Squeenix said they're going to focus on their main franchises when they dropped IO Interactive, I don't imagine they'd consider Nier a main franchise, so most likely no sequel from squeenix. Hopefully they sell the rights to somebody else, A Tomato is already too lucky to come out without much squeenix fuckery, they're pretty much Japanese EA at this point, Taro should get the fuck out of there.

please stop modeling your perspective on the japanese industry from western industry events. every one of square's eidos pick ups was a mistake and they've made no meaningful return on every one of them, and they've all squandered the investments made on them.

square has the least amount of blame to burden, considering how generous they are with delays. Your comparison is incredibly dumb. This is the best thing possible and it's good to see them putting more back into their own devs instead of never-delivering western hacks.

what discoveries will go "neglected"? the hell are you talking about m8?

Squeenix has been the one modeling their shit after the western industry as of late though and that's the problem.

If the retards should not be allowed, then why are you here?

fortunately that's changing. Hopefully they drop eidos montreal next and and deus ex dies in their coffers.

no room to talk, you should be listening.

what the fuck does "gate keeping" even means?

that there's a barrier to entry to discussion, pretty much. Sort of the discussion equivalent of saying refugees welcome.

Both Shitman a d Dude Sex were essentially good games that got fucked over by meddling by Square and then killed off. Hitman got the fucktarded episodic business model with always-online DRM, Mankind Divided got cut in half and packed with microtransactions and that breach mode garbage, all thanks to Square. That's exactly the kind of shit EA does.

I don't care abou nuTomb Raider though because it's irredeemable shit, so yeah Eidos should get dropped.

prove some meddling happened, these games were given massive development periods and the devs behind them continued to make fuck up after fuck up. SE never had a design by committee approach, so I'm really curious where you get your info from.

Except the barrier of entry is "anyone who doesn't spend at least ten hours a day sucking Sony's dick".

what barrier? i still don't get what the shit are you even on about.

He's saying anyone who didn't play it on PS4 should be kicked out.

It's rumors and common sense, the things I pointed out are not creative decisions, they are business decisions, those are always on the publisher and they are consistent across different developers under Square. Next you're gonna tell me that Denuvo can't be pinned on Square because there's the possibility that every single dev under Square independently decided to implement it. Pure coincidence I'm sure.

because nobody could possibly EVER have a PS2, a PS3, and have played the rest of the series there right? what a dumbass.

either way, thanks translator-man. he was being a little too retarded for me.

Because nobody could even imagine not being so much of a cocksucking corporate whore they'd ever change platforms after one taste of Sony's sweet, sweet spoolge.

nah, but it was a mistake to bring the PC community into discussion about the game.

what rumors? rumors are irrelevant.

look at all the square enix meddling there. They likely approved the decision, retracted existing pre-orders, and when the episodic plan failed? Dropped IO.

You don't have a single source. They are partly on the publisher and you don't know shit about the industry.

it's irrefutably been worse for discussion. You're proof.

so "im not saying PCfags shouldn't be allowed, but they shouldn't be allowed"?

and i thought sonyggers were a myth propagated by nintoddlers and microshit fags who were butthurt about sony irrevocably being the best of the 3 consoles for several gens in a row, i got called one so many times i cant count them.

but lo and behold im replying to one.

I'm saying it's too late, you retard. Leave any time.

son you got problems.

change IDs

I didn't know I was talking to the official Nier community admin who gets to decide who is allowed to talk about the game in all of the Internet.
Stupid me, I just assumed that nobody "brings" or "allows" shit and that people just play the game and talk about it.

why?

might lend you some credibility

proving my point

don't need to. im right and you're a retard.

Oh watch out everybody, he broke out the sage, this motherfucker MEANS BUSINESS now.
But I guess this shittery has gone for long enough. I'll wait for more posts about the game.

sage is used to not bump a thread, discussion has veered off long enough and you're both delusional platform warriors. then again,
embarrassing.

your tantrum was pretty funny, at least.

are chip drops RNG or are there specific enemies that drop specific chips?

i kinda wanted to find some specific chips with the rhombus thingy icon, because they cost less slots, to fuse up and make the best +6 chips, but i got no idea where they drop.

completely random but certain enemies drop certain chips.

Install FAR and set global illumination to low, game runs smooth with that, you only get the occasional stutter during area transitions if you're not on SSD.

weebtrash

i got the Fitgirl repack and didn't have to configure anything at all. it just werked at 60 FPS the whole way through.

im using an AMD card, r9 380 if thats any help.

Each enemy drops a certain type of chip. There is a wiki listing what enenmies drop what chips. If you are say looking for diamond Deadly Heal chips you need to find the enemires that drop Deadly Heal, and keep killing them until they drop a diamond chip.

got it.

gonna go farm some melee defense and melee attack chips then.

i somehow managed to find some cheap non-diamond melee attack chips and fused enough to make a [18] Melee Attack +6 for whooping 50% damage, not the most efficient but still pretty damn efficient.

Feels good to win the compatibility roulette

The concepts behind both the message being sent here and the means by which the message is presented send me into a deep depression.

wew….. lad…..

Here, let's have this enlightened intellectual explain Drakengard to us
:^)

nothing wrong with wanting to support yoko.

I think the best part of this game might be the side quests.

The clever righting and the humor is done so well in it. I did the animal rescue side quest where you go into the mall ruins and "shop" and the quest concludes with 9s concluding that "shopping" was a "colossal waste of time" as most of what they needed was on the pods.

It kind of a meta joke and it was done really well, in fact a lot of the game is very meta. Its what I like the most about it.

i find it hilarious how Holla Forums shits on DRM at any moment they get but when it's DRM on their favorite game, it's fine

the PS4 version doesn't have DRM, so its ok to buy the game there.

Stop this meme.

also, favorite game? thats quite a stretch. it was good but it was nowhere near my favorite or goty.

are you guys still salty about bloodborne or something? i'll tell you this, it sucks. DS3 is better if it makes you feel any good.

Same, I'm enjoying the sidequests more than the main story tbh, they don't seem to take themselves as seriously so it's easier for them to come off as charming rather than melodramatic. The end of the speed star one actually made me laugh.

never said you should never buy games lad. you sound a bit salty- can't get a wefund?
post fucking discarded

holy shit fuck speed star. the first one is simple but 2 and 3 are awful, and the speed chips cap at 20%, and then the asshole self destructs

wow, a "no u" non-argument. havent seen one of those in a while.

anyway, i didnt buy the game, i waited for the PC crack and pirated it. even so, i understand that a game needs sales for the franchise to carry on, and thats an undeniable fact. crying about DRM and consoles isn't gonna change it, and i appreciate people who bought it. also bloodborne is boring as fuck, "fast" is a meme, it was like a prototype for DS3 that sony funded because when the PS4 came out it had NOTHING on it for 2 years and they had to sell their 500$ plastic

also, at least there was no sidequest sad enough to compete with nier 1s lady in the light tower

evade chips are useful there as well
Any way to cheat in bullethell credits? its impossible for offline

Speed salves after checking the best route a few times did it for me.
The part that made me laugh was when the goal robot also self destructs for no reason.

my game would crash every single time i reached the bullethell credits, sorry, can't help you there.

Cheatengine might work, but if you're going to do it offline and not for a challenge you might as well just watch the ending on youtube or something.

You're not supposed to run those.

It's possible solo you're just a pussy.

evade chips are more important than speed. if you have enough holding evade lets you "glide" for a long distance at above-sprint speed rates. also, theres a way to slow time when you dodge, so you can confront those little robots. dodge a few times, then continue running. the speed star robot will slow down as well.

but honestly, if you know a good route, evade chips are enough.

You can also use the slow pod program to cheat at the beginning of the race
a +6 speed or salve will win you 2 and 3 completely if you slow em first

i completed it but damn if it wasn't cheaty.

the "speed star" is not fast, he isn't fast at all, he just floats so he can make a straight line from point A to point B while you have to take a long way. so he's more like "flying star" than a speed star.

wish i could have told him this logic and make his circuits explode from depression.

yea, i mean. i just thought of it as a timed race. get from objective A to B before the time runs out. its essentially the same thing since it takes speed star the same amount of time every time.

A Tomato threads are going to suffer the same fate as Undertale threads, by the looks of it. Not too long until all "discussion" is taken over by a bunch of cancerous waifufags, literal fags, and low effort memes.

Not even fucking close. Those games you listed at least have bearable checkpoints, difficulty balancing that isn't utterly broken, and/or don't punish you for experimenting with their mechanics.
I'm serious about this, some of the design choices in Automata are incredibly obnoxious. You can't control your leveling, so enemies either become weak as piss, or they kill you in one or two hits (especially on Hard/Very Hard), all runbacks are completely unnecessary, you have to pick up your "bloodstain" and are stuck in a vulnerable animation while doing so, no combo counter/style meter or even a score that gauges your performance in combat, among other issues.

I didn't even finish this game yet, and I bought it day one. I stopped playing around the time you get to choose between A2 or 9S paths, and I'm really not looking forward to continue playing it for the time being. This game was further proof that a great soundtrack and an interesting story isn't enough to hook me. I had so many high expectations for an amazing beat em up, but Yoko Taro has no fucking clue why people are attracted to these kind of games. I wouldn't say he's a hack, but he's definitely overrated.

What? We are not saying buying games is bad, it is when DRM is in it.

but you consider consoles DRM, and you consider DRM DRM, and Steam is DRM too because you have to keep it installed to play your games or say goodbye to your library, much like EA's Origin.

so pretty much everything that isn't on GOG or pirate-able day1 is bad to buy right?

so is the fate of every general thread.

protip: don't make it a general, 2-3 weeks from now, stop having the threads

I find the other machines more attractive than 2B
What does this say about me?

It means that pod 042 traits make him an incredibly desirable mate.

Also you're a clangfag

Nearly every single fucking game has some form of DRM.
Console games, by their nature, is a form of DRM in the vendor lock-in for the platform itself and the fact that you got to do an exploit or two to get the console to read a burned disk or downloaded (pirated) game.

Shit dude, its been around since the NES days and was hardware embedded in several ways.
Different form-factor between North America and the rest of the world (so you couldn't just import games) AND checks on the cartridge circuitry itself to prevent people from just tossing whatever game they wanted on the system without Nintendo's approval.
And even back in the old days with computer games you had things like CD keys or something that was important in the manuals (before manuals were digital) that you needed.

So what in the fuck are you even on about?

Yes, there are some cancerous forms of DRM such as having to always be online or limiting install amounts (Spore, anyone?).
but if you are only ever going to buy DRM free games you're going to be stuck with indie trash that never makes it out of "playable alpha" stages.

anyone ever notice how many massive spoilers are in the intro of this game? it was so cleverly edited to not actually give anything away if you didnt already know.

This guy gets it

Any Nier games I should've played before this?
I only played a few minutes of Drakengard before, so I don't know what the fuck is a gervalt or a replicant.

DRM or not hackers gonna hack it.

yes, Nier

why the blindfolds? and why did 2b cut hers off after getting the virus?

The only difference between Nier Gestalt and Replicant is one you play as a Father who looks like a caveman, and the other you play as an older brother whose a prostitute. The us only got Nier Gestalt, and because we only got one, there is only one Nier for the US market.

its the exact same game, except the protagonist is a dad in the western, a brother in the eastern.

how much the dialogue and events change i have no idea.

That's what I said is it not?

So she could show A2 that she was infected. 9S does the same at the ending for the same purpose. Or basically, "dramatic reveal."

but why did they have them on in the first place? the description describes it as camo.

The camo thing is obviously a joke. They are so well camouflaged they're invisible, hence you equip them to remove the blindfold, the important thing in the description is that it calls the blindfolds "goggles", so they're probably what gives the androids their HUDs or something.

Also it makes the androids look like og Emil from the first half of Nier.

no, i get that. but they never actually gave a reason for the blindfold? i get the aesthetics of it and all that, but i've never heard of an actual reason.

fuck, i'd be willing to settle for something symbolic at this point.

That also rise a question for me. Why doesn't A2 tell 9S that the reason she killed 2B is that she was infected? Even then the pods were connected and transferring data constantly so they knew she was infected, so why not tell 9S before his mental state became worse?

im pretty sure he knew 2B was infected, because he hacked the virus out of her, and he probably thought he could hack it out again if A2 hadn't killed her, hence why he got mad at A2, she stopped his chances of hacking the virus out.

pretty sure he didnt care if she was infected or not. her death was enough to make him snap. im pretty sure he figured it out on his own, but even at the end a2 and the pods hint to him, he doesnt care.
at that point he's infected and either wanted A2 to kill him as well, or he was going to kill her and then die soon after from the virus.

youre forgetting that at that same time he found out their mission and everything they fought and died for was just completely pointless. too much hit him at once.

Fug. I guess I'll wait for the reprint and hope some yurop site has global shipping.

Thanks, I was about to ask that.

fuck, is your currency valueless? or does your government need the taxes to subsidize dindus.

There symbolism

fuck, is your currency valueless? or does your government need the taxes to subsidize dindus.
Yes.

Can you walk out of the A2 encounter in the forest kingdom in routes A and B? Why does 2B say "let's go" when they're told to kill A2 right there by the commander?

Yes ;_;

where isnt that the case tho?

Because they're androids and, as far as I know, they don't actually need their eyes specifically to see. They probably pull in visual data from all sorts of sources. Wearing the blindfold might (and this is hypothesis) just be a visual indicator that they're Yorha units.

By the time A2 manages to encounter 9S again, 9S's mental state has severely deteriorated. He's impossible to negotiate with and dangerous to share data with. The pods sharing data is of their own volition, and is done on the down-low, without authorization or pre-programming. Notice that neither one shares info about the other with their owners. It simply isn't in the pods' programming to have proactive or creative thoughts - we see brief sparks of intelligence during the last third of the game, and the beginnings of sentience and forethought during Ending E. Until then, they are simply reactionary creatures, unable even to form a plan about how to handle 9S's mental state.

but that doesnt happen in the game. so that symbolism doesnt even work.

So I just got ending A, and has anyone else had that bug where the game cuts to black so you can't see anything until the credits start but the sounds from the scene still play during the song?

That you’re mentally ill.

yes, i've thought of that as well, but their clothes and yorha ID they end up removing is also an indication of this.
and i've also realised they dont need their eyes but that still doesnt answer why the blindfold. i'd figure someone would have figured something out or said something by now from an interview or looking at concept art. for a game with such incredibly deep lore im shocked at how little autism surrounds it.

Given [massive endings spoilers] about the yorha units and program, I assumed they were designed to wear them so that its harder for them to see when a unit has been infected by [massive midgame spoilers]

Its the only time them having a blindfold would actually have any effect

Had that. Just watch a clip of the ending on youtube.

Just read up on the play, it's specifically stated that the blindfolds are tactical visors in the play and YoRHa units are required to wear them. In other words, you would have never known had you not watched the play.

No. You have to fight her no matter what.

Just did.
I hope it won't be the same for the rest of the endings.
It didn't help that I use japanese voices that continued without the subtitles while the song was so loud I couldn't hear anything.

I had something here about using both uniforms and codewords to identify and verify your identity and placement in a specific unit, but I like and it turns out answers the question soundly. So they were given as tactical visors as the official reason, but the secret reason would be to keep the infected unidentifiable so they could more easily make sure all units were exterminated.

Hopefully you don't get stuck in bootup hell in the start of ending b, I had to let my game sit for half an hour before it started playing after asking me a certain question

Someplace in the future, hopefully.

that slut probably likes getting her asshole licked deeply by her robot rape slaves

well. that settles that i suppose.

LOL

E is for Erotic

I wonder if he later wished to be have died right then and there.

E for end thisdElete this

all because devola & popola went fucking apeshit.

i wonder however, were those devola and popola already androids? because the Replicants were definitely not androids, they were fake humans sure, but not androids, because they got affected by the black scribble and androids don't. and the devola & popola in the first nier were also magic in nature because they had whacky magic powers.

also what happened to MAGIC? the whole thing with the gestalt were separated from their bodies by way of magic, and were supposed to rejoin with their new artificial bodies also by way of magic from Noir, Weiss, and the real Nier who was the shadowlord. but they completely dropped the magic plot and went full SCI-FI. the Devola and Popola in this game are also androids apparently.

Is it true? I thought it was just a joke.

Kill yourself, you mentally defective pile of shit.

Yes, they were androids.
In regards to magic in Nier: "Duuude, it all makes sense. That's just the metaphysics and technology of this universe."
Remember that Drakengard and Drakengard 3 are canon.

D&P were androids. The magic they employ is based on the same tech that made Halua/Emil and was derived from Angelus' remains. It's pretty safe to say that some of/most of the YoRHa tech is based on/uses that same shit.

If you're referring to their meltdown and explosion, that isn't their sin. If you play Nier, Popola and Devola help and enable Nier to complete griomoire weiss pages. This is only supposed to be done once the project is completed, however, they prematurely wanted to end the project short because of the black scrawl epidemic and the relapses of the shades. Popola and Devola were sinful because they tried to prematurely end Project Gestalt.

Yes, they were overseers and were Andriods the entire time, in fact there were multiple pairs of the andriods all over the planet. Why on earth would the future Popola and Devola andriods have to carry guilt because a human they were based on did shit? No, they were always andriods meant to oversee the Replicants and make sure nobody did something stupid. This is why in the flashback it is specifically stated by the living Popola and Devola that "the androids in that other town had fucked everything up". You even know they aren't human by the end of Nier because they aren't fucking gestalts and they aren't fucking replicants what else could they fucking be retard?

Still in game and recognizable by the pods during Emil boss fight, of course they classify his as "old world magic" which leaves the idea that "non-old world magic" exists. The way andriods hold their weapons has angelic rings which are reminiscent of Drakengard magic, Eve has Watcher symbol, most of the strange things are magic but it's been so well understood at this point it seems like technology you twat.

I think this is only the case once you consider that the androids are made from machines and the machines themselves fire shots that are very reminiscent to magic in nier, blood red like Angelus. That, and as well as being part of a network seem to have an affliction with red eyes.

It says that you're a true mechanophile.
Proper steel is always better.

well that explains some shit

i fear the plot in this game went borderline "kingdom hearts" tier but it still managed to hold the entire thing up without doing so. i mean, it added things without collapsing the Jenga pile that is the whole plot of drakengard/nier and thats a great thing.

you know you can only add so much to an ongoing multi-game plot until it crashes and burns and you begin resorting to stupid shit like time travel, i hope this never happens to nier. inb4 "it already happened" and i dont know it

It already happened her name is Accord and seems from Drakengard 3 which is the prequel to the prequel of Nier Drakengard 1.

figures…

well, it did already happen.
Who do you think the machine network is?

Here's a picture of Accord, she's mentioned in Nier Automata as being a weapon's dealer (same job she had in Drakengard 3)

i played drakengard 1, nier, and nier tomato

and like the beginning mission of drakengard 2 but i was already practically dead inside by the time i finished drakengard 1 and couldn't stand more soulless npc MURDER and dragon schmup so i gave 2 up.

machine network was made by the aliens but it makes sense that terminal would also be able to reverse engineer magic and discover the cult of the watchers symbols from some malevolent diety. Espcially if any of the legions were scurrying around

2 isn't very good, but it has its moments. Just don't fucking get all the endings that's just retarded.

I want her to wrap her legs around my head with her boots on

There's your mistake

Also pascal taught them fear and philosophy. Not sure why the cannibalism, i dont know if it was stated but I would guess they tried reconnecting to the network.

good thing i didnt bother then. that was about 8 years ago though. so my memory of drakengard 1 is also pretty foggy.

but i remember the babies, how can i forget the BABIES

Drakengard's entire timeline/branch begins BECAUSE a 'futuristic city' appears in the sky over the Iberian Peninsula in like, 500 AD or some shit, which introduces "magic" and dragons and shit to the world. Taro definitely isn't the type to think this far ahead or this in depth about an overarching plotline, but it's pretty safe to say that something post Automata creates that city and somehow sends it into the past which causes the entire cycle. Probably Adam, Eve, and N2.

strong possibility it is ultimately recursive and the machine network is the watchers. That or maybe Emil has something more to do with it.

taro did work on it, but he was pretty much just supervising, really minimal touches. Still, some elements did sneak in, like the celestial alphabet.

I'm sure it's nothing but re-using assets for a boss fight, but the fact that Machine endoskeletons resemble Emil, and his boss fight is similar to that fuckhuge caterpillar A2 fights, it's pretty neat to assume that the aliens probably reverse engineered Emil or tried to replicate him with the machines in order to fight off his clones.

This came out before Automata but I found it a pretty good summary of events for catching up on all the stuff I missed, having not played any of the Drakengard games.

I haven't watched this one, but a very useful, comprehensive and entertaining series is mr. clemps videos.

surprisingly has a lot in common with indie trash, despite how pwetty the gwaficks are. Very poorly made game.

so you can buy the witcher and…. the witcher.

thats all you get. one modern game. in 30+ years of gaming history, the only modern game with no DRM is the witcher.

and its not even that good, just another generic medieval open world.

just play on consoles where you can actually own games. not worth getting into this discussion. Everyone should be well aware of what you get these days.

I have bad news, user.

can't remove physicals, no online drm, patches may disappear in the future but the games will be fine.

I know what you meant, man. Just being pedantic for my own amusement. It does get tiring watching companies try and find new ways to restrict our abilities to enjoy stuff, though - most recently Atlus with the limitations on Persona 5 streaming. You'd think some of them would have learned from Witcher 3 selling like ten bajillion copies DRM-free that maybe that was a realistic possibility, but so far no luck.

I will check out Mr. Clemps, thanks.

I do disagree heavily with Witcher 3 being called trash, though. I loved the fuck out of that game. The story wasn't as well-done overall, but the sidequests and general atmosphere were absolutely some of my favorite ever.

i didnt say trash, i said it wasn't very good.

skyrim is trash. there is a difference there.

That actually happened. Those cunts are going crazy.

yeah I dunno what the fuck that was about. My girlfriend mentioned it and I remember ratchet remake did something similar, which I get why ratchet did it for the cutscenes since they were ripped from the movie. I believe persona 5 has a sort of time limit on when the whole game will be streamable?

All the more reason to just use a more dedicated streaming setup and rip HDCP from the stream.

No, but anyone who didn't finish the fucking game shouldn't be asking fucking questions. When it was cracked, not when it came on PC you platform war faggot, we had retards completely ignoring the developer message to keep playing after "ending" A and start asking retarded questions that would be answered if they had played more than half the fucking game. One was even so retarded last thread as to say "different people finish at different speeds and would like to talk about the game, so stop calling a dumb faggot." He completely ignored the dev message and thought he was done at 1/3 of the game, and then blatantly ignored everyone telling him he wasn't done.

Based on how absolutely fucking retarded you're being, I'd bet you're the person from the last thread that I mentioned above.

I wouldn't worry about it to much and just collect whatever as you go. Chips are already over powered enough as is, so there's little need to optimize them with farming.

It's a tradition going back to DoD 1.

I don't think there is a secret reason, the eye thing is purely for effect. Only combat units have the visor, and only they would likely need it. According to the original plan, all units should have been connected to HQ and infected at once. The plan didn't account for 9S's actions or other outliers like 4S.

Pod 042 says this
While the pod does say the weapons are from the old world, he doesn't specify that it's because the magic is from the old world that it's dangerous, just that magic will fuck your shit up. Also, when fighting Adam and Eve, there is no mention of magic despite the Watcher symbology and their ability to manipulate matter. I and others have guessed that magic isn't present among the androids because it's been forgotten as to how it works and/or because magic is evidence of project Gestalt, which is in turn evidence of humanity's extinction, so YoRHa keeps that shit under wraps and doesn't let anyone work with magic. The machine network may have discovered some evidence of old world magic via project gestalt, but since there's no mention of it by the pods, the machines are likely using very advanced technology at best.

The machine heads likely look like Emil because the machines were made after Emil fought the ayylmaos in the space wars. Notive in the picture book of the space wars Emil and copies are shown fighting the ayys but not machines. They saw how powerful Emil was and based their weapons on his likeness.

This is why I say their reliance on him is bad, just like how communists seem to inevitably prop up a dictator that will fuck their country.
It was the machine network that allowed them to be disconnected in the first place, so I'm guessing a bunch of them forgot to turn their wifi off and when resource collection time came, half of them turned into cannibals to gather materials from the rest.

And I'm going crazy as well. Can't even properly quote anymore

was meant for:

Are you the same autist who posted about "no sane developer will ever develop for the pc again" in the last thread?
Just wondering.

I'm on my third playthrough, what's with choosing between A2 and 9S? I thought you only choose once then played the entire thing. If I only go with A best will it reach a point where it forces me to go with 9Shota or will I have to play it from the beginning for that?

you lost the argument fam, accept it. no amount of crying over DRM will remove the game from PC

it's impressive how these kinda of people are surprisingly prevalent here. They mostly seemed to show up in these threads a week or so after the game launched in the US. More recently, it's become very overwhelming.

can't get over a 6 hour old post.

I wish, I like making those kinds of statements that people are still angry about them after several threads.

it'll make sense once you beat it. Don't worry too much and play as who you wish for the time being.

if you don't know, how can you be on your third playthrough? a playthrough implies you played the entire game. getting "ending" A or B doesnt count as a playthrough.

you've been mad for 6 hours.

That's fair. To each their own.

Basically there's two kinds of blocks in place: one, the social one, where if you stream past like in-game November or so and Atlus finds out, they'll put a copyright strike against your video because LOL SPOILERS, despite the game coming out six months earlier in Japan and all the relevant info one could hope to know being mined and disseminated well in advance of the US launch. They've apologized for their adversarial tone and loosened the reins a bit, but I still find it deplorable that they requested a block on spoilers in the first place.

The second is a software block on recording specific in-game things, like cutscenes. This has the annoying side effect of, every time you get a trophy, you get a popup saying, "Could not take a screenshot at this time," because more than half the game is cutscenes and most of the trophies are granted within them. That lock isn't likely to be removed, ever, because Atlus is dumb and thinks people play Persona games for their deep conversations (lol) and plot twists.

Perhaps the most insulting part is how totally ineffectual these two combined are. I can tell you right now who in your party will betray you, and all it took was a brief glance at the dedicated Persona 5 wikia to find out. Like you said, you can set up an external device and actually get the footage without them being retarded about it, and upload it wherever you want, even sites that don't care about copyright complaints.

That's a good point. Consider the hypothesis debunked.

Fuck this, I'm out. Ending A is good enough.
Maybe I'll start a new save when the JUST wears off, seriously fuck this.

keep playing retard. 9S kills everything by hacking it.

you are missing on 3/4ths of the game. 9s has plenty of new content and it really shouldn't take you more than 6 hours.

Alright, I'll just go through it as best girl and hope I won't have to wait for chapter select for that.

Playthrough is playing from beginning to end and it's called ending, so it's not wrong. Whether you consider it an end or not is just subjective though.
I thought the same at first. Eventually you get used to it and start hacking fucking everything because of the damage it does. The route itself is really short though, you skip a lot of shit when 9S goes unconscious from the blast. I beat it in 4 hours.

I mean, I get it, but you should also have all the best chips at this point, which allows you to beat the everloving shit out of everything easily. Weapon Damage Up, Offensive Heal, Auto-Heal, and whatever the fuck else you want because at that point you're automatically immortal, and if you're somehow still not then you can just buy 99 Medium Heals and hit Down + O whenever you get low on health.

The hacking minigame wasn't my favorite but 9S does have some of the bigger story twists in his route, and the stuff after his route really is basically the best part of the game, including the best (and truest) ending.

What's the point? I'm not enjoying the game anymore and even if I dragged myself through this bullshit, it would just unlock some chapter replay crap, the content I actually want to play is already over.

>I thought the same at first. Eventually you get used to it and start hacking fucking everything because of the damage it does. The route itself is really short though, you skip a lot of shit when 9S goes unconscious from the blast. I beat it in 4 hours.
Meant for

lol nope. you should keep playing to see what's really going on. You really are missing 75% of the main story. Not even sidequests or shit like that, but the main story line of the game.

well a "playthrough" would be playing the whole game all the way until you get either ending C or D and unlock the chapter select.

its not a through play if you didn't play the whole game through. and getting endings A and B isn't the full game.

damn taro and his irregular game pacing.

There's a lot of content after you beat Eve in 9S's route. Not a ton, but a fair amount left, including being able to do your two-weapon combos and watching Yoko Taro do his usual thing and tearing up everything you've gotten used to within like two hours of gameplay.

tbh I don't even care that much about the main story, what I enjoyed is running around doing sidequests, collecting and upgrading my shit, etc. But doing it with 9S and repeating shit I've already done to boot is just a drag.

then don't do it with 9s and just beat the 6 hour or less campaign.

You know, I'm glad that Yoko Taro is getting money, but the amount of retards Automata brought really bothers me.
After this route, endings C e D constantly switch up from 2B, 9S and A2 on your choice, A2 plays exactly like 2B with something extra.
Also 9S quests are probably the most unique in the game thanks to his hacking gimmick. You should try those if you care about the quests, if not then the route is about 3 to 4 hours long.

the sidequests for 9S absolutely led to some of the best moments in the game.

fuck, how do i get a better robot?

I read somewhere that Emil stopped the invasion from wiping out the planet and that the aliens found him so strong that they revered him as a god. Not sure of his connection to the watchers however.

Pascal's village quests with 9S were some of the most fun I had with the game, almost every quest in that area was filled with charm actually.

Mine were the ones for emil and the resistance member who lost his partner.

and apparently scouting units. Like 9s.

Finish the fucking game user and stop sperging about shit you don't know when you're not even done. The game isn't that long.

Nigger, there are 21 joke endings that can be gotten at various point in the game ranging from near the very beginning to towards the end. It's a playthrough when you've complete all the campaign material, that is, gotten to ending E.

Okay, let me correct myself. Only field units have the visor.

Yes, this quest was great.
"Im going to be the best shut in ever"

That robot is basically Holla Forums.

It's really fucking retarded. You need to sneak up on a robot and hack it. It can't be any friendly one for some reason.
Just get an enemy and walk to it's back close enough that you can hack it. If any robot sees you it won't work.

Fuck, you reminded me of the missing couple quest.

20 joke endings, 6 real ones

not that important place that Emil never wanted to forget?

I think he's talking about the red cape one.
God damn, I just want to hug half the characters in this game and tell them it'll be okay.

Wasn't it stated that the project was supposed to end when all traces of the White Chlorination Syndrome disappeared? Wasn't it also stated that those traces are finally gone?

Are you counting Ending Y as real or what?

heck yea

only if you want lightning to be shit, it must be on high, which is actually half the default so you already get a good boost

The whole time I was doing the Emils quests I knew they were going to drop me into something NieR related, can't say it surprised me, but seeing it filled with lunar tears was a nice touch.

Oh I know, it's just the way that he worded it reminded me of the missing couple quest.
If you go check your mail, 2B receives the mails related to dealing with traitors, 9S doesn't.

Is that a screenshot from GR2?

OH it means robots OUTSIDE.

holy fuck if only they had added that one word it would have made sense, but they made me accidentally kill everyone inside the bot arena.

ending [K] is great
absolutely brutal.

why don't the machines use mackerel to kill all the androids? oh right, because they don't actually want to kill the androids or YoRHa

No one ever read Nietzsche, but they like to use his "deconstructivism" to further doom the western world. He went mad seeing the future of commies. In a way Bloodborne is similar, a future of beasts/lefties/degenerates.

Plato was the real commie scum and was no where to be heard in the game.

Where is the lunar tear you need to get to start the Emil quest?
Can you even do it as A2? I've been searching this place for minutes.

the first tear is right where you first meet emil, in the abandoned mall.

there is one tear in the desert which you will most likely have some trouble getting to, all the other ones are easy, but once you start the quest you have the markers on the map.

He seemed to have criticisms of everyone, but he hardly has any political commentary.
Other than the shot at altruism(The Gay Science - His argument sounds Ayn Rand-ish which makes me think Ayn Rand nabbed it form him) I don't see anything relating back to communism.

I couldn't find it. I went to the abandoned park and the one I had seen there on route A has despawned. Maybe you just can't do it on C.

Jaggies. Everywhere.

de-spawned? flowers don't de-spawn, they're part of the environment.

i mean, you can't interact with it, but it doesn't de-spawn. its in the lower floor of the mall where you meet emil for the first time as a head. its at the base of a tree, to the right of the stair that leads to an elevator that doesn't work for now…

I saw the flower before the quest could even be started these things don't despawn they're always there.

>gamerevolution.com/faq/nier-automata/how-to-get-to-emils-shop-and-complete-emils-memories-129981
Welp. I guess my shit's fucked.

So what's the sotry of this game? Are the sota and the grill synths? Where are all the humans?

fugg

Every person-looking character is an android, humans are on the moon.
Complete route B

Wew

Why did they look so much better in the original?

Get out of the thread ASAP.
Tomatofags are worse than the tryhard soulsfags who think the game is the most hurrrrcore ever, only with tomato it's with the story and quests.

Because they weren't racked by guilt, hated by literally everyone and broken time after time having to repair themselves with scrap.

Popola and Devola did nothing wrong ;w;
Except in Nier, fuck those ones

Did you finish reading the spoilers?

Did you even read Grimoire Nier?
They had to take a chance, just too bad it didn't work
Neither of them really went insane until Devola died

Their just taking made it squarely their fault that Project Gestalt failed. Even if it would have failed otherwise the reason everyone hates their guts is because they took that gamble and lost killing everyone.

I won't be playing this but I'm curious about the story.

That is a really weird analogue to draw to Bloodborne. Are you sure you're not just seeing lefties where there aren't?

You're on route C you fucktard.

Yeah I'm just saying humanity was doomed any ways
Or they did nothing wrong

In that case, humans died long ago, they didn't even try to get to the moon. Androids survived, but everyone was going crazy thinking the humans they were supposed to protect were dead, so a group of elite androids made up the story that humans were hiding in the moon, sent a couple androids there to broadcast a fake signal and raise morale.
That's all I know, but I haven't played the first game nor finished this one yet.

only a LEFTY would say this! FUCKING LEFTY REEEEEEEEEE

I know, that's why I was surprised it didn't work. I heard you need both 9S and 2B though, so I guess I'll have wait for chapter select.

Thanks, Nier.

Set affinity to even cores in task manager.

Try using the FOSS FAR, it's the one I'm using and it doesn't crash as much.
github.com/marcussacana/FAR/releases

I know it may seem obtuse seeing just that without the sequence of thoughts behind it, but I see Bloodborne as a retelling of some human behaviors, one of which is to become a beast (figurative, but literal in the game). To gods, we may just be almost indistinguishable from animals but we got a distinct feature in that we can try to reach the gods, you can see it around you, human dwellings have become paradise gardens, we never reached gods but we're getting closer, so close in fact that humans born in it tend to think themselves as gods, and thinking yourself as a god will only let out your inner self, which is merely a beast. Knowing the beast will keep it at bay and allow you to get closer to gods. Knowing this, our ancestors used our beastly nature to tool up a paradise, just like you would build something beautiful with very crude tools, and better tools, take capitalism from example, we used human greed to get an abundance of goods, crude tools to get results.
Lefties have killed god, and think their own as gods, whether it's scientists, rulers or artists. Doing this will only let out their inner beast out, sinking all around into chaos, further away from gods. Think of communists speech, it ignores all human features and pitfalls, even when commies say "it wasn't real communism", they are saying "I'm a god and I do not have the human characteristics that made communism cause misery every single time it was tried". They imbibed the old blood, oh and they don't even think of this as a betrayal of their own kind, only "we" wouldn't listen so debating is pointless. We are born of the blood (sex), made men by the blood (growth), undone by the blood (death by our mortal frames). Our eyes have yet to open (commuting with the gods). Fear the old blood (our beastly nature).

You got proofs faggot?

That's weak. thank god you highlighted it in meme text. I only care about things that measure up to what I wrote, not base insults and bad memes.
Fromsoft know a lot of the human condition for video game developers, it may look like a fluke at first, but since they are consistently doing it right (not the DaS2 team), one can only assume they are backed up in knowledge that few master (ie. not thos guys doing The Surge/Lords of the Fallen). Yoko, or someone at Platinum, seem to know too, to a lesser degree I estimate though.

BB was your first from game i guess

Yeah, you're seeing things that aren't there. This is about as retarded an interpretation of Bloodborne as when femishits try to pretend lots of old writers were expressing feminist or anti-feminist views by analyzing shit through the "feminist critical lens" and claiming their interpretation is just as valid as anyone else's. You're inserting politics that aren't there.

Miyazaki likes vague plots because it triggers the imagination, I'm not saying he saw his story to the extent I'm seeing it, he planted solid seeds from which more complex ideas can emerge. Your horseshoe theory is old and busted, it never worked and only exposes you as clueless. Meanwhile, no discussion has been had, you only serve to obstruct it with your kneejerk reactions.

Your original argument is mostly fluff and you repeating yourself about things that can only vaguely be related to the game at best. How did commies "imbibe" the old blood? Commies didn't drink from some magic well of power, they're just naive fucktards, or long game con-artists who want control of people. You could copy paste a lot of what you said and apply it a wide variety of differing stories. There's examining the elements of story, such as the hubris in Bloodborne, and there's inserting unrelated politics.

Should've said this first.
Then again I should've noticed you were the "Nietzsche had political commentary on communists" guy and realized that you were a bit too high at the moment.

yeah, you're not going to accomplish anything there unless slamming you head into a brick wall repeatedly is your idea of 'productive'

People like you are the reason why we can't have nice things.

these people would pull an analogy for how jews dominate the world from a fucking mario game. good thing mark has been banning Holla Forums more often lately.

Is there any translation for the nier books? I want to know what the hell happened in this world

Grow the fuck up and stop being a "press b really hard" raticate, if you wanted shit like that and nothing else you should have staid in DMC

Bowser did nothing wrong.

Found this in the LOL thread.

I don't get it

The faggot is such a non-gamer that he'd rather quit playing the game near the very beginning to listen to the music instead. He's also going out of his way to fellate one of the non-game parts of it in the same way "art" fags try say games are art for the parts they take from other mediums rather than the game part.

Where the fuck are you getting all that from? He says Nier has great music and that it doesn't look amazing graphically. Both of which are facts. I can't see a single thing in the paragraph saying he stopped playing or anything relating to gameplay. If anything "after you've left and returned to the camp a couple of times" indicated the total opposite.

yeah it sounds like 7dd172 is projecting something fierce

I suppose I should have used some word other than "quit" so you didn't misunderstand me.

yeah he liked the music, I've stayed in parts of various games because they had nice music too. Shaun Prescott is just praising the music which I really can't disagree with.

user he just likes the music. He tries to sound super smart about something that could be said in a sentence but who the fuck cares. You don't even need to look beyond this thread to find people like that.

Be honest user, did you post that in the LOL thread and no one found it funny so you thought to try your luck with it here?

people add more words or speak louder when they're retarded and want to feel more intelligent. but they're still retarded.

No. I'm 50229b

i was trying to make a spongebob joke but it came out wrong

absolutely no-one cares

Who put auto destruct into Yorha androids and bunker. was it the guys that made them in first place. so If I get it right N2 got info on this and used their backdoor?

No love for A2

this place is disgusting fuck Holla Forums 8ch

Nobody knows for sure.
>used their backdoor?
Yes, but likely only because N2 noticed it was open since they were probably constantly cyber attacking YoRHa anyways.
>Who put auto destruct into Yorha androids and bunker.
They are not named. Androids who didn't want to lose the war because of failing morale.

Why are nips so fucking gay?

I'm begging for the picture of 9S as a stripper in high heels looking like a slut with his butt pushed against the pole.

Seconding this request
I couldn't find it on gelbooru

I'm enjoying this game immensely, but the game crashes once I get into the machine pit in the desert city and once I've killed the x amount of trash-mobs and a certain cutscene starts rolling.

why is this giving me such an erection ?

Learn her fucking name you faggot

Why are nips so fucking gay?

This feels like monkey's paw shit.