When should I buy a WiiU?

When should I buy a WiiU?
Is the price gonna go up now?

I was hoping for ports to the switch and eventually buy that but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/gaming/244920-russian-man-sentenced-killing-friend-amd-vs-nvidia-gpu-dispute
gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-transfer-tool-ftp-wup-all-in-one.453944/
wiiu.guide/haxchi
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1800X/3647vs3916
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bayonetta 2 and W101 are good.
that's it.
There are other gems but the rest is mostly nintendo rehashes

By the time the price actually starts going up good Wii U emulators will long since have existed.
Wait another year or two and buy one second hand. You'll get it for under $100.

probably never, there were only like five games genuinely worth owning
that's a good question. probably, since scalpers really love fucking nintoddlers over

no

What if you have a weak PC? I already have a Wii U.
It's actually the worst console OS I used yet

I don't actually own a WiiU so I couldn't tell you

Is LatteOS actually that bad? How does the interface look? I remember the Wii had a pretty solid interface that was very PC-like which was a big deal for a console from 2006

Never
I own one and pretty much regret buying it. Bayo2 is pretty much the only relevant exclusive on it. Don't waste your money on itu

Fuck I mean Cafe OS

What the fuck is with the WiiUs theme of naming everything after caffeine?

Seriously. I was expecting a step up from the Wii in the way that it would become so fucking snappy and finish tasks within mere seconds. The only thing holding it back is the pathetic processor.

A 9K shaderpack for BotW is like 5mb, user.

OP, if you want one, get one. Just buy one for $150~ on eBay with a few games bundled with it.
Homebrew it then install as much shit as you like.

You now have a machine that can play Wii U games and a bunch of Wii, GC and N64 games. I think there's even some DS games on the VC.

Also shader packs are literally just a bunch of text files

The lack of AA and sharpness triggers me for such a big image file.

Why do NES games look godawful on the Wii I

The WiiU is even weaker than people let it on to be. The CPU was literally 3 750CL cores on a single package. Thats the same exact core Nintendo has used since the GameCube. The WiiU is a 32-bit machine

And for that matter, PowerPC was never good. Even in that video IBM was comparing their supercomputing platforms with Intels professional-consumer chips. An Intel Xeon wipes the floor with IBMs best processors. The dream has been over for years

Because they put them through meme filters and skew the aspect ratio.
I think there's a homebrew NES emulator for the Wii U, but I'm not sure.

i wish i can turn off aa in every fucking console game

You can buy a decent pre-built from ibuypower for$1500 and it will run, not only new games, but any old, emulated game and any pirated game to. Buying a gaming pc means you also buy 90% of the world's games with it. Fuck, build it yourself and it would shave off $500 off the price, even $700.

I will do just that! You recommend Ryzen or Intel?

Always go AMD.

Was there even a dream to begin with?

Reminder to never go full AMD

Which ever makes your dick feel bigger, both will last years and both will work for whatever you want.

Nope.
A Zen CPU and a RX Vega GPU are much better than a i7 and 1070. They are cheaper, more efficient, don't have the NSA built in to the chip, don't require you to download extra programs and pay to access basic features and don't cause house fires.
extremetech.com/gaming/244920-russian-man-sentenced-killing-friend-amd-vs-nvidia-gpu-dispute

Hang your self.

Here's another video.

But those aren't even out yet.

Here you go baby girl, some irrelevant fuck explaining the same shit.

has amd upped their single core game yet? i haven't been paying attention

Yes.

Hot damn. This is impressive, thanks user.

Outside of the five or so good Wii U games (nearly all of which have ports on other systems), it's worthless. I think it it's actually worse than the Wii because of its horribly slow OS (it takes around 2 minutes to play a game) and lack of native GameCube ports. The Switch OS does look barren, but at least it's snappy. Try going through your backlog first and then see if the Switch has a decent library by then.

This, except don't get the switch yet. Wait for haxx
Never buy a system (new) before Haxx unless you strictly want to support a dev you like
If you must buy before hax, buy it used and in good condition. Not a single cent will go to the fat koi's.
Don't be a sheep. Be a pirate. Pay with your wallet.

*vote

pay was correct, voting implies some sort of democracy in which you can influence the outcome.
executives don't know or care why you bought the game.

True, I'm just optimistic. MY vote (pay) doesn't REALLY matter. When millions of retards will just fuck it up for the rest of us.

Sometimes I want to be angry at corporations, but then I become angrier at people for falling for their shameless tricks. The entire point of companies is to make money anyway, shit eating retards just enable the worst practices. Agh. On the other hand, Fuck both of them. Fucking fuckers. Fuck you too Grant Cuckdope. Fuck you for blocking people that wanted to help fix Yucka-Lamey and the Jontron drama, or cancelling the Wii U port that I could have pirated.

I'm getting off topic, but I'm still steamed about that.

They cancelled it most likely because they were god awful at programming. The game takes around 1,679 of RAM. Which is nearly perfect for Wii U's 2GB. The problem was most likely with the garbage Unity engine. Fucking unoptimized piece of british dogshit.

9 bucks says this man has never set up an emulator for a 3d game successfully in his life.

Bought one (150 bucks) just for Bayo, kinda regret it because the port wasn't great and 2 wasn't as good in some aspect, secondhand is a fucking ripoff and good piracy requires you to buy more shit.
If you can name 5-10 games you actually want to play to completion on it then sure go ahead

If any of the exclusives you care about never get direct ports. If you get a Switch and enjoy Splatoon 2, for instance, you might want to try Splatoon 1 out before the servers go down within the next few years to see how the game changed and what you missed out on.
Alternatively, if you don't want to drop the money on a Switch but want to play some of the games that are getting ported/reheashed on the Switch for cheap. Especially since piracy is relatively easy for the Wii U, though I don't know if it works for online games.
If you aren't that interested in any of the exclusives.
If you are fine with spending more money and waiting longer to get most of the same or similar games on the Switch.
If you can tolerate emulation and only had a few well-supported games in mind.
Lurk your local craigslist and see if you can find someone trying to get rid of theirs for cheap (especially while people are still going crazy over the Switch)
Most likely yes. The Wii U is both Nintendo's worst selling console in a while, and something pretty unique that was loved by the hardcore fans. Stock is low, Nintendo already stopped manufacturing and selling the system. Prices are only going to go up as hardcore fans buy up the remaining stock for replacement gamepads and the like.
Getting a cheap Wii U off craigslist from some parent that doesn't know any better is probably your best bet.

Does the new BOTW Wii U update actually help with the framerate?

Well, at least the future for homebrew on the Wii U looks really good. I saw DS games being emulated through Virtual Console Injection, and it looks fantastic.

Too bad NES game a shit

Recommend me some Wii U games

How about "when it gets hacked/jailbroken"? The old wii was overwhelmingly favoured for such types of purposes, it still sounds like it maintains a lot of common structure, it wouldn't be surprising if unofficial development for the wii transfers unusually easily to the U. Maybe that could even include being able to play gamecube games quasi-natively.

You shouldn't.

Theere's no point in buying a wii u now. You could just use cemu for wii u games.

That program and its devs deserve to be ignored.

Actually AMD aren't any better than Intel these days. They have their own take on Intel ME, and proprietary blobs.

I'd just get a 3DS and cheap flash card for DS games.

You're a bit behind the times. Wii U has some hacks, and you can even run Nintendont on it (GameCube ISO loader).

Already happened user.

But can you play doom 3 with the Wiimote?

This is outdated

Dont! It has no cloud save and it needs a long as fuck update for every new game that takes up memory space!

You can install pirated games and play them online thanks to utikdownloader. So, if you want to experience monster hunter, splatoon 1, bayo 2 (coop), ninja gaiden (coop), or a handful of other worthwhile games with friends, now's the the time. The retroarch support with your cozy semi-portable screen is a bonus. You'll also find some decent injected DS games that you can now play on your tv. Big screen ghost trick might just be (sadly) the wii u's biggest selling point.

I also forgot to add xenoblade x as another game that you can pirate and play online. They'll probably shut down the server's for it within the next year so, again, now's your chance.

Where are the cars

What part?

The time of AMD offering good alternatives at a lower price has long fucking gone, they've gone to trash and every benchmark out there on pretty much everything they make nowadays proves it
Invest in a good Intel and Nvidia build, it's more expensive but it's significantly superior and will give you a much longer shelf life. You've got to be brain damaged to even consider AMD nowadays.

Which was fine for its generation. The only reason why you truly need 64-bit is if you want to access over 4GB RAM.

still more games in the past 5 years than pc tho

ryzen, epyc and threadripper are better than anything intel has offered in years

you probably still have a 2500k lol

Add the new app and haxchi options, probably 2 other things I'm forgetting. Oh well.
gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-transfer-tool-ftp-wup-all-in-one.453944/
wiiu.guide/haxchi

Uh, no it isn't. Do you honestly have a case of buyers remorse, do you want others to suffer along with you?

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1800X/3647vs3916

Just bought a WW edition with 3 Wiimotes, a wii U pro controller, and like 6 games for $250 USD. Fucking steal.

yes goyim, you only need 4 cores :^) it'll last you for 4 more years! Just make sure you upgrade to another 4 core 8 threaded CPU, you won't need any more!

That IS a steal. Only for the controller, make sure the owner doesn't de-active his account or you'll have to hack your Wii U, or worse re-buy the games

Hah, my computer has an Intel and an AMD processor

Are you bullshitting or do they seriously make dual-socket motherboards with completely separate socket types?

The benchmarks and CPUs themselves fucking prove you only need a smaller number of working cores than double the amount that don't even do half the job.
But that's cool if you think having more cores fixes everything.

Yes, it is
Get a cheap one, hack the fuck out of it and enjoy playing most of the whole Nintendo consoles and handhelds Library (Every console from NES up to Wii/Gamecube, and every handheld from the Gameboy to the DS)
Check some of the exclusives, and if they're not your fancy, get a Wii instead.

A cheap hacked Wii and 3DS can get you lots to play for cheap

Yes, they do infact exist.
Granted I don't use the intel half for gaming, it's for server hosting and so the actual practicality of this board is debatable because I'm not pushing much

But the guide uses an exploit that doesn't mess with sysNAD or redNAD and I don't have to spend money on a DS game to launch the exploit.

Shid. I didn't ask him. Maybe I should send him a message on eBay? Or is it possible to just create a new account when you get it via factory reset? I was planning on cracking it anyway, I just want to find a good source of wii U game files that can be hosted locally - I assume the games that are downloaded via freeshop-equivalent are encrypted per-console when they're downloaded.

That's why it's optional user. Im one of those few people that hates going to the homebrew channel

Wii U USB Helper is good. The asshole sold me the Wii U for 200$ with Mario Maker. SSBU, Art Academy and Mario 3D World. Unfortunately, only 3D land was available when I went to the internet. I thought games were tied to console, not account. I couldn't even sign into the acc because he got it from ANOTHER guy.

Thank the lord for coldboot haxchi. Now I just need a new a 128gb USB card

is this the meme to replace reddit spacing?

That's straight fucked, my man. What a dishonest person. Yeah, I've been looking into the cracking for Wii U and it seems like a LOT less effort than it was for my 3DS, which is very encouraging. I've found a few offline Wii U game files on WiiUIso.com, but they're more like directories rather than .cia files are for the 3DS. Were you downloading games from Nintendo servers directly?

I'm more interested in archiving games in an immutable medium rather than relying on Nintendo servers to be up whenever this Wii U shits the bed and I've got to get another one (or maybe Cemu will be up and have Wii U Controller support by then - who knows)