This is a thread dedicated to all the dead multiplayer games out there

All those memories we have, hours of our lives, the hard work put into these games that now no one even plays anymore. Sometimes the servers for these games are still up and running and they're empty or there's one or two lonely guys there still clinging to a dead game. It's worse when there's just one or a few people still playing because you feel guilty to leave them there alone.

RIP

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.thd.vg/threads/kag-classic-juxta-advanced-server-modding-for-classic.21550/
eternal-silence.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=78x4rDVIWuM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

KAG deserved better then those brain dead devs, RIP in peace

don't actually know if ut99 still has an active multiplayer base, just know that this game was active for far longer than I've ever seen.

You'll never get to experience Mech Assault 2 at its best.

There hasn't been anything remotely like it since.

S4 truly deserved better. Hackers ruined too many games on top of laggy servers and worsening of prices.

It's not fully dead, but there are 2-3 EU servers at all times, 1 CTF full and if you don't have a slot you are stuck waiting or playing something stupid like constant spawn zombies. 1 US server probably.
It deserves better. It is still a very fun game.

It was glitchy, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't fun.

I never played it user even though I've finished multiple kicktroughs since 2008.
How was it?

METAL GEAR ONLINE FAGS REPORT.

Fare the well, old friend

Sega might port it to PC soon which is great news.

I've never experienced an online match of LieroX with the 40k weapons mod nor the homestar runner mod.

Damn I miss S4 League so much. Fuck the p2w and hackers.

Say what you want about the single player, but the multiplayer was absolutely god tier.

F

I played that game 2 years ago and it played like a much better terraria. The combat was too simple and even broken in some places, but overall a much better experience. Shame it was developed by such incompetent idiots who ran both their games into the dirt. This is what I found when searching for mods on the game.
forum.thd.vg/threads/kag-classic-juxta-advanced-server-modding-for-classic.21550/

Hope FreeSO opens up soon.

Fuck you Alpha for ruining the servers here with your autism and faggotry
Fuck you """Kim""" for being a mentally damaged shit that fucked over the project
Fuck you Valve for killing the original game

Miss you guys. Hope you're having fun in vidya heaven.

I miss Submarine Titans.

On that note i'd add any decent tf2 server,there's plenty of servers sure,but they're all terrible and full of children who micspam.

I should get the Planetside poster framed that came with the original boxed game. Do you still have yours?

I've played MUDs since I was a young teen in the late 90s. The 90s were when MUDs peaked. If you played MUDs back then it was the golden age. Ultima Online dealt a serious blow to MUDs then Everquest and it was downhill from there. And the MUD playing population has been aging, many lose interest in them or don't have time to play anymore. Very little new players get into playing MUDs. There's so many dead MUDs out there. Thousands. And there are hundreds of MUDs with a handful of active players as in less than 10 right on the verge of death. There's hundreds of MUDs with an activity of 5-10 players online during peak hours that could go downhill at any moment. Most MUDs I've played are dead now or dying. All MUDs are dying in a way some just die slower than others.

Rip.

:^)

We can only hope. With Bayonetta on PC, I imagine Anarchy Reigns can make it on intact as well.

I never actually owned the game. I played a lot of PS2 and a PS1-vet buddy of mine would constantly describe to me how the old game used to be better. Now I can't play PS2 for more than an hour before all of the awful design decisions start getting to me and I have to quit. I watch gameplay videos of the first game all the time and get upset that I missed out on it all. I hope PSForever pans out but I know it'll never have the community it used to.

Fuck the roleplaying faggots. Fuck the larping losers. Fuck the piece of shit "no laming rules". Glorified fucking chat room these games became which pushed away all of the actual players and is just a corpse now. This never will not depress me.

RIP true combat elite.
This mod changed me so much I could never tolerate games that did not allow me to aim with the iron sights.

B-b-but it's not over yet user! We can still play it with our tight knit community!

The worst part is how strong the modding community used to be for this game. There were a shitton of custom maps with really cool features or gimmicks that made this fun to play, and there were some great mods like ForceMod. I miss that a lot. Modern games don't have that kind of community anymore.

Yeah the modding community is still there overall. But its a bunch of faggotry as well. Like moviebattles.

Since this is a shit thread, it's time for shit tech support questions and spoonfeeding.

What the fuck are Revemu, Lumaemu, SmartSteamEmu, and SteamLite and can I use them to play F2PMMOs on PlayOnMemenux for muh privacy, reddit?

Do walking-dead MMOs count? If so I miss playing with friends in Global Agenda. Really the only game to play the way it did.

I'm still mad that they completely fucked up MGO3.

I used to play these games. I would join servers and people would just be chatting in it. I would pretend to be a shitty noob and attack all the chatters to get them to gang up on me then wreck them. What was great about those games was if you had the skill you could beat 10 people all coming for you. You could make them kill eachother too with the right maneuvering.

Firstly, kys you gigantic faggot.
Secondly, have you tried looking them up?
Thirdly
kys you fucking faggot and take this gay shit to either Holla Forums or make a new thread.
sage

I genuinely miss this game so much. I spent so many days of my life playing this beauiful monstrosity. The new one doesn't even come close. Private servers wouldn't feel the same either.

Everyone is mad about that.
I just want them to release co-op dark souls already so I can buy it and give them my hard earned money.

Academy's MP is probably my favourite of all time, it's a pity how so few servers allowed the usage of force powers or guns.

Rift Sanctuary best map

I blame grip kicking. Once that exploit was found, FFA with force powers became completely fucking useless.

When I get a new PC I am going to play the fuck out of NeoTokyo. If yoi hang in an empty server for long enough sometimes people join and you get spontaneous games. Had a few full matches happen out of the blue while I was practing in an empty server

MGO3 is a trainwreck and I still play it to get a fix

I miss MGO1 and 2.

You know, I'm actually kinda excited for survive. It'll have the co-op I want and the excellent fox engine, and no one can bitch about its godawful story.

Have you played the Movie battles mod? People probably still play it today.

That mod is more larping faggot shit. The regular Siege mode was more competitive and fun and not filled with children.

When a played Movie Battles there weren't any roleplaying or chatting servers.

I haven't, though I've watched videos of it and it looks fun. It'd be great to have a go at the multiplayer again if it is still popular, anything to land a kick on someone while they're on a ledge again. So satisfying.

I never actually used mods in Academy period, since its cheats are so absolutely top tier that I was always content messing around with just those until my game crashed.

Rip

Even before it died, Kane and Lynch: Dead Men's multiplayer was kind of shitty.
As soon as rounds started people would start killing each other.

Still, getting that one good game where everyone didn't kill each other right at the beginning and you actually got to complete the level was great.

rip in peace

I'll never forgive them for this, it was a really fun game.

FUCK IT WAS TITANFALL BEFORE TITANFALL
I miss playing but both that and Prejudice have GFWL.

Section 8 was what ODST should have gotten for multiplayer.

SJWs kill everything.

Me and my cousin would spend countless hours on it. It was an arena shooter mixed with Spider-man.

Also, AvP 2010 was a damn good time with a friend. The infection and death match modes were endless fun and it's a shame it's life was so short lived.

I don't know if you can count it dead if it was never really alive, but Spies v Mercs in splinter cell blacklist. Such an awesome mode, especially with friends.

I used to know one of the guys who worked on that game. A real shame everything went to shit.

The original devs were fired? Weren't they also the guys who did ZPS? That's a bummer

The game it's self was never good, it was tacticool garbage, however, there was always fun gamemodes and maps like de_ratz, anything dealing with surf and anything dealing with mini games. It always had something fun to do in it that wasn't competitive or skill surf.
Thanks to everyone switching over to CS:GO, the lack of good stuff being made, the countless skill surf maps, and the initial complete lack of ability to make nearly a tenth of the minigames that could possibly be made in previous games, all we ended up getting were rehashed maps, and generic as fuck gamemodes. With the popularity of competitive and the fall of other servers, it's dead in spirit, yet it's body remains.

That's the rumor i've heard from the steam forums and reviews, the company's pretty much been radio silent for almost a year now, only occasionally popping up to give the one modder who's single handedly keeping the game with the faintest of a pulse permission to fix some shit on the servers.

Fucking why? People make them for fun.

RIP Novalogic.

Man, I played that when it was still free. It was pretty good. What happened to it?

I'll forever be pissed about S4 dying the way it did.

Some goys are trying to make a spiritual successor, though I don't know how it'll turn out.

I won't get my hopes up, but it looks ok.

because they're all garbage and not worth playing

I posted a Killzone thread a couple of weeks ago.

I really miss the multiplayer to Killzone 2. It has a very fun underrated multiplayer. I'm hoping they make a remastered version of Killzone 2.

10/10 taste user, I spent so many hours in that game. The level editor was pretty amazing, but I feel that the quality kinda fell off near the end right before the actual Black Hawk Down themed mission starts.

Star Citizen

The zombie mod was autistic garbage. Gungame was just the regular game but with the economy aspect removed. Everything else was just gimmicky bullshit.

Yea god forbid people want to play the actual game rather then your retarded jailbreak servers.

Goddamn that's a bad post and you're a fucking retard

RIP chromehounds, taken before your time.

RIP Shattered Horizon, a victim of circumstance

RIP Strike Vector, (but let's face it, right out of the gate, the game was too niche to attract the kind of audience that would keep it afloat. kids today, just want to play FPSs and MOBAs online)

Gone are the days when you'd buy a second fucking phoneline just to play some Quake or Doom.
This is bullshit. I just want to play some comfy fucking games. It's so annoying to think that all those old games I never played and am finishing now have a large chuck of content I will never see/experience.

GameSpy was a massive fucking mistake. Steam will eventually downsize in some form, and it will do the exact same thing.

F

Gamenight this weekend.
Pirated and legit copies will work.

I'm pretty sure it got swapped with BF 2142 witch replaced 2 due to popular request.

Oh, I was just going off the most recent schedule picture on /radcorp/.
Still, it's getting played soon, at least.
2142 is better than 2, though.

Rubies of Eventide.

I miss you, bud

oh, you want some storytime? spoilered for your convenience. kim is actually a tranny who is dating another tranny. fuck the tf2maps community.

Bought this game ages ago, and thought it was sorta fun at the time, what happened?

They simply stopped updating, and seem to be working on an indie ~art~ game now. the game is really lacking in content, since there's only a handful of escape maps and every other game mode aside from escape is broken(the pvp game mode for example is very easy to win by just camping from what i hear, and nobody likes to play as zombies because they're just plain trash), or just plain unfinished, especially the flatline mode, which is clearly still in beta. The last official comment from the devs was on a very small update patch from over a year or two ago, which had also been the first patch in a very long time. The goon who posted the update gave a very vague changelog, and basically just posted to say "We're s-still making the game! pls believe us!".

Loved Chromehounds - custom paint schemes was half the fun.

I remember my group and I triggering our opponents into oblivion as we advanced our jet-black mechs over the hill with massive, front-mounted armour plates proudly displaying carefully designed swastikas.
Happy days :')

Shit, it was actually last october, Everything else is right though, especially the part where they haven't updated in a very very long time. Here's the changelog from the patch that took them years to make:

All of the private servers suck and no MMO since comes close.

I know that, hence why I said """Kim""" in my original post and called """her""" mentally damaged.

There is still about 300 odd players on average a night last I checked for UT99. Still nowhere near it's glory days though.

Same thing happened with Freelancer

Anyway

Unironically miss BF Heroes back in 09'
Still no cartoony TPS yet that can even compete. God I fucking hate EA

I miss SMT : Imagine

played the fuck out of it before it closed down.
got every logos
beat every mission and dungeon (even solo'd a few max level ones)
I miss it sometimes even now

not sure if dead but it should be

the game wasn't great, but there was something about the PvP and the atmosphere that I just can't find an equivalent of. It was sort of unique, but I still have an itch to play it sometimes.

>friends
Never again.

Didn't some Anons find out recently that you could still install and play Global Agenda using one of the Tribes launchers?

Yeah, the servers might still be in limbo however. A bit of a shame. I enjoyed the PvE.

It was insane, albeit a bit unbalanced. Kicking motherfuckers in the head while they rained down at you with arrows and shit.

Probably the only fanmade mod that didn't last more than one year. It's outstanding how redditors and tumblr can fuck up something with potential.

What about the other CS with girls.

God dammit I miss it so much. And you're lying if you don't.

except I wasn't saying that nigger
I was saying rehashes are shit and killed surf

From the Mecha Thread. Warning, some feels at the end.

You take that back about Zmod, that shit is fun as hell and I still play it to this day!

I love playing in servers with a lot of maps and hiding in weird places right out in the open, like behind a truck, instead of going underground to barricade with soda machines, and then everyone doesn't understand how the zombies lose so they start complaining to me over voice about where I was. Mmm…

I fucking loved this game, still cant find a copy around me.

Just play Dirty Bomb, its pretty much the exact same thing except not in the WW2 setting. It's f2p but It is one of the least pay 2 win free 2 play games I've played.

Y-yeah, it sounds like pretty much the exact same thing.

Its from the same developers and is pretty much considered to be a sequel excluding name and setting alone. The game used to be published by Nexon but now Splash Damage has full control of it. Don't let the fact that it's f2p turn you off, its even got a relatively healthy competitive community and a decent ranked matchmaking system.

Warcraft 3. RIP.

I just wish Brink hadn't died the early death it did. I legit loved that game.

Just get one on ebay its like $5

Dystopia was great, the space source mod where you assaulted an enemy capital ship and flew around in fighters and bombers to lower the shields was like a way better version of the battlefront 2 ship battles. Anyone else remember that?

I do but I have no fucking idea what it was called, fantastic game though.

I really wish I had a chance to play Brink before it died. I really love the advanced movement mechanics in Dirty Bomb so I'm sure I would of enjoyed Brink, I just never got around to playing it when it came out.

Just looked for it, found the game! Eternal Silence.

I would love to play a game with Holla Forums sometime. Kinda worried that it's not as good as I remember though.
eternal-silence.net/

anyone ever have these things?

This is the only online game i've played with any zeal that's had the main servers shut down. It wasn't that good, mind you, but not having the option to play it readily is still a blow.

I did

What are you guys actually playing these days?

I used to play a lot of CS:S and Q3 but I got sucked into Paradox map painting simulators

Nothing multiplayer. Not familiar with any good active games that aren't full of cash shops and cancer.

goodnight sweet prince

one of the most satisfying kill-sound, especially playing a scout.

I'm just playing games as they catch my interest. Recently finished GTAV and picked up Rocket League on sale, which is alright.
I also just started dicking around in City Skylines.

I used to play insurgency a lot, but now you get kicked out of every server if you don't have battle eye installed.

good bey

Got myself a sega saturn and a ton of rare games for relatively decent prices on sheer luck, so lately i've just been playing shit like Shining force III, Galactic Attack, Earthbound, Gunstar Heroes and all that shit.

when it was in pandora tomorrow it was un fucking believable. this was when it was an incredibly cool and innovative new thing and i don't know if i've ever had more fun in a multiplayer game in my entire life

Dunno if anybody remembers, but damn Awesomenauts was pretty fun action 2d moba

lol those fucking maps,
that also reminded me of original Starcraft… RIP

aw fucking yeah, jedi academy had the best moves
don't even think anything comes close to it till date

Simpler times, simpler tastes.

It still has a small playerbase, and its going free 2 play soon. Some time this month i think

i came here just to post this.

I think radcorp was talking about doing it for one of the game weekends

Fuck I miss Neotokyo. I wish I took the time to actually git decent at that game.

i wonder if this didnt flop, if it would have fixed aos clones

Not quite there yet, but give it another couple of years at best

Me too. I had the collector's edition. I kept it even after it was shut down. I only got rid of it last year.

RIP F.E.A.R. Combat. You were my first gaymen online fps. I probably spent thousands of hours unarmed spamming in team deathmatch. Meeting friends through xfire and having shitty guild tournaments, blowing people up with remote bombs and proximity mines, pulling out a clutch 10 kill rampage and watching half the enemy team ragequit or try and vote ban you.

Sadly I have never recaptured the feels this game gave me in any other multiplayer to date. Best twitch fps ever made, this game is the gold standard for multiplayer fps. And it was completely free. Rest easy old friend.

100 times better than Overwatch

The ones that I actually miss.

Guild Wars

Nosgoth was breddy gud. Wish I had gotten to play more of it.

A year ago I found some copy of Battlefield 1942 after literal hours of searching. Some guy had uploaded it MEGA and posted it to a forum with less than 100 people. I remember being absolutely ecstatic after finally managing to get a working copy. I hopped on to the multiplayer server tab and then I remembered Battleeye is ded and no more multi.

Along that line, Men of War: Assault Squad. I have a Steam copy but same deal. I dunno if MOWAS2 has servers but I've only heard bad things about 2 anyways.

RIP

What about games that are dead in single player too.

Accursed Farms has a really good rant about it, shitting on EA, always online and so on.

It should've died years ago, long before it turned into the shitshow it is today.

I didn't like SMNC at all but I played the first game a lot. Assassin best class.

I remember when i was a kid and my friend had one of those. Might be nostalgia but it was fun

APB is dead, but it's still up and running. Still waiting on that engine update It's been 4 years

I want RTW's APB back. I miss dump trucks and ramming into people at gas stations.

shit gunz the duel

I loved this as well, even though it was pretty much unplayable from Australia.

so what youre saying is, battleborn is better than overwatch

Enemy Territory

youtube.com/watch?v=78x4rDVIWuM

The last LAN this game will ever have starts in 5 days btw.

The sequel is just not the same and it's already going the way of the cash shop premium ebin skin bullshit.

Say what you want about its quality, but that time was when Valve cared about video games.

NeoTokyo is still alive. Come online every Friday night or weekend.

MGO 3 was fucked up mainly because MGS V's mechanics were fucked up.

At least I get to play some of them with Holla Forums every now and then.

As an user who had (and still has) never played another Bionic Commando game I didn't think the SP was all that bad. Why does everyone hate it? I mean the final boss was fucking terrible but I can forgive that.

Servers gone. You can install but you can't login.

I'll never save and/or enslave the world the same way ever again. ;_;

Isn't there a PC copycat in development right now.

What was so special about it.

PC copycat? What's it called?

what the fuck?

Well duh, of coursh people are copying each other. It's the video game industry after 07, after all. It's creatively bankrupt.

I miss this game.

but smnc contains hypersexualized wimminz and no diversity, fucking disgusting.

Well, it's a fix, my fellow boy.

I would rather blow 40 dollars in a game sophisticated to my taste rather than getting shit for free.

Good goy.

I can't even get mad about it anymore. I'm just disappointed.

R.I.P., best SMT

Every time.

I personally didn't talk too much about the game while it was active because [A] I was playing it and [B] I didn't want to come off as a shill. But yeah, the game got some hate from people, mostly thanks to bad localization, cryptic metagame, simple dungeons, and of course Gamebryo.

FreeSO is literally open right now

I'm gonna be called a pleb but Call of duty 3 was my first online game, I was a poorfag and didn't have a PC. Shit was great, too bad it never made it to PC. I wish so much I could play it, there's not even bots.

Played the shit out of BZFlag in highschool.
It's still alive, but last I checked the player base collapsed in comparison to what it was.

Another one was "Wyvern". The creator basically starting ignoring it and let it die for almost a decade. Apparently now he's got his shit together and is back working on an iphone version with other options to eventually come.

Not dead, but could use a couple hundred more people for online.

RIP as fuck. Used to play it so much I got in trouble with my momma around 2007. Now everyone is either a bot or farms money.

RIP Sweet Prince.

It really wasn't as bad as people said it was. And because the rocket league niggers botched it, and then dropped the game altogether when Rocket League took off, means that square will never approve another Legacy of Kain game.

K&L2 the heist mode was unplayable because of that feature. Sure the concept of being able to be a lone wolf sounds cool on paper but in game it make the mode unplayable because 100% of your team-mates will kill each other before getting into the bank.
I wish they made a 3rd Kane & Lynch game though, there's room for improvement, maybe something closer to Payday 2?

I still play it occasionally and we have a few servers left. However, only the top few servers get enough members to even play. I have 500 hours recorded on steam and it must have been another 1000 hours from the years when they were not recording playing time. I sometimes played it for 12 hours a day. What a giantic waste of time
and on top of that, I never became good, eternal lowbob

Probably made by a different team. Feels way off.

Fuck you ubisoft for abandoning the game within months of its release.

Devs never fixed the main issues and then abandoned it for a shitty sequel.

Those actions sound familiar… Even though people are still playing it only on the xbox.

Fucking hell, man, I feel your pain. I feel it hard. Making edgelords in this felt so fucking good. It was so wonderfully goofy and felt like real capeshit for good and bad.