Who are the worst people to make games with?

Be it companies, people, or types of people

I've had a lot of experience of terrible game developers to work with here are the worst in my opinion.

The Autistic Nigger
Avoid these people at all cost!!! They are all "idea guys" will get offended at any critque or change to their ideas, (which are usually stolen from other sources). And will never do work, yet will claim credit in a "We Wuz Kangz" fashion like, saying how they were a leader and the main person in a group and anyone who critiqued them were enemies to the game.

Women and Gays are better but not much. They never comment their code. And will get very passive agressive, (because of muh gaming glass ceiling). The only games that they are willing to make are (((narrative driven games))). They all want to work at Naughty Dog and make the next Last of Us game.

Valve is a horrible company to start working at. You will only be making skins or hats for the rest of your carrier and will not gain any important experience. There is no ladder to climb as the only things you will be known for are re-textures and simple hats.

What people/companies/or types of people do you think are worse?

This is a bait thread, keep away.

I have no experience working in game development, but I would think that "attention whores" the worst type of employee or manager. The people who crave attention and power, and who will do anything to get it, are shit because they don't care about the quality of their work or their own integrity, so long as they've found a behavior that is effective at allowing them to acquire the praise and attention that they think they deserve. At least idea guys have passion, at least women and gays can be taught to work within specific parameters; attention whores likely have neither of these things, and are only interested in the quickest way to prestige.

Yoko Taro. Even makes platinum create shit combat.

Attention whores are usually the reason why when meetings occur no upper level man will want to be alone in a room with them.
With the uptick of SJWs in gaming and diversity hires I can tell you that people look to always have a witness in case of being accused of racism or sexual harassment.

That's not how you spell Hideki Kamiya or Kojima.

Unless you were asking a trick question OP the answer is in fact EA, who will destroy the dreams of the consumer and grind any decent company to dust to assimilate in it's collection in a matter of weeks.

*Years.. Apologies for the error.. Even EA is not that fast.

artfags are by far the worst

One reason for this is EA's hiring policy. They never try to retain the original company talent. But because of bad PR people, (SJWs) like most companies they think that they can get brownie points for having more diversity in the work place. So in short they never try to keep company talent on but, will replace them with Autistic niggers.

Artfags with a "style" complex are the worst.

I know one artfag in my game development courses that only, ONLY draws/creates things in the fairly odd parents style.

….because it's "his" style. And yes he is one of the autistic niggers.

I went on holiday shortly after and we kind of forgot about it

Idea guys in general are niggers. There is no such thing as a "good" idea guy. Anyone who says they are the "good ideas" guy is the worst of the bunch. Ideaguys are worse than artfags who use their art as leverage to change more things in the game, because at least the artfags can be put in their place and be made submissive once you tell them that if they don't give up their faggotry their art won't be in the game and they won't be known for it. Meanwhile the ideaguy has nothing as leverage. Even if one of the ideaguy's ideas are good, you absolutely do have impunity to use it and kick him out. He shouldn't be there in the first place.

So women and fags are the pajeets of the gaming industry?

Valve makes nothing anymore, not even hats. They exist solely to ensure the steam cash flowing in.

Valve is a shitty company regardless of the thread's topic. Stay asspained.

There's a lot of people who think they know everything and will try to rush forward without discussing things with other people properly. They rarely consider other people's situation at all and can only see their own asshole, only their method is correct and everything else is wrong.

If someone is overly eager to get started with a game dev team, it's probably one of these people and you should keep a healthy 700 mile distance to them at all times.

Thankfully their lack of actual skill and experience is pretty easily observable once they start to actually do anything (assuming they ever will), so you can exit early before they crash the plane with no survivors and blame it on anyone but themselves.

The worst kinds of people the develop with are shitty project managers/'creator' types. They're like ideas guys with extra ego but they can't even be bothered to give any creative input until it's something they don't like and doesn't fit their nebulous, unexplained vision.

That sounds like a certain autistic fag from this Holla Forums. Annoying fucks they are.
Also, why would you join development courses, They free?

Here's a question for you guys: what's the line between """"an idea guy"""", and somebody who does QC/polishing?

Like, if somebody is legimately just really good at looking something over in a super autistic amount of detail and giving point by point feedback on what's wrong with shit and how it can be improved and what needs work, is that just idea-guying?

The difference between someone contributing to a project and an Ideas Guy is a respect for other members' creative influences and genuine effort and progress.
If you're actually applying yourself to autismally polishing a specific mechanic or system, or giving in-depth feedback both as both a tester and designer then you probably aren't an Ideas Guy.

My brother's first job out of design school was working on Plants vs Zombies 2 at EA and he said 75% of their workforce (including him) are contracted to do a single game then when the game is finished and their contract is fufilled they are let go. He claims that when he talked to his co-workers that this was a fairly common practice and almost no one ever works at EA for more than a few months to a year

An idea guy is someone that usually just asspulls things to add into the game or change (usually the former). They don't step back and look at the consequences of such ideas, be they good or ill, whereas someone involved with polishing primarily deals with game changes, and back their theories up well. The line is somewhat blurry.

That said, from my own experience, the two worst kinds of people to work with are these:

Surprisingly, I've never had any issues with artfags, even though most of the ones I've grouped up with have been females. If anything, one of the ones I've grouped with called out the bullshit of the first category of person listed above, and rightfully so. Real shame we kinda lost contact last year, though.

So he got shit-taste for art aswell?

seems like it

I think you mean coders who don't get shit done.

Just put it all under timewasters.

I can't blame either group. Art and coding are very tough to start than design because you have to grind your skills to implement your ideas properly. Otherwise, you feel very limited with what you can do.

As an artfag and coderfag, you can get stuck with a coding a solution and you can hit roadbumps with designing practical art. I'm weaker with coding than I am with art.

From all the game dev I have knowledge of, I can put together a short list of fags to avoid.
This list is by no means complete, so feel free to add to it.

Possibly the hardest to avoid because he looks so good on paper, the Rock Star has a half-decent work history, with their name in lights on several other projects that turned out well.
However, this guy's become too used to getting his dick sucked, and even if he is truly skilled his ego can doom a project once it gets out of control.
Thankfully, this sort of guy is rare.
Examples: Mr Shitface, Kamiya, possibly Kojima.

Every game needs a vision. This guy has 6 gorillion and wants every single one in the game.
Projects he's had his hand in are characterized by a lack of focus and a million different mechanics that never really come together to make a good game.
Thankfully, his ADHD can be kept in check by not giving him any real influence in the development process, though his skills are likely to be spotty.
Examples: Yandev, Chucklefuck

If bad indie games are cancer, this is the tumor. She or >she, but they always demand to go by "she" doesn't actually care about video games as their own medium, only as a platform with which to gain acknowledgement for her most interesting trait: having a vagina which may or may not just be a surgically-altered penis
She has no skills in any facet of gamedev: her code is at best mediocre, she's never even seen any part of the art asset department, and her writing, which is usually the thing she shills hardest, is on the level of a middle school creative writing assignment.
Thankfully, her constant broadcasts of her bullshit make her brain-dead easy to avoid.
Examples: Brianna Wu, Zoey Quinn, Anita Sarkeesian if she actually did anything in game development.

Simplified:

Anyone that wants the most people possible to have fun with the game. It ends up being fun only for casual normans.

I used to be into the first category, and I'm sorry for being unintentionally short-sighted and arrogant.

I used to be like that because I had very low-self esteem about myself. It's painful to have the thought of being predisposed under a worst traits or circumstance.

There are professional idea guys in the industry, but they're usually extremely creative and have other talents like drawing. Valve for example has had several people like this over the years.
The average ideas guy you find on the internet is not creative nor talented.

You dont even do that at Valve anymore. You'll be curating skins and hats from the steam workshop.

I'm a producer and I fucking hate producers.
Non of them are what they are supposed to be which are…
"Jack of all trades" they need to know a little bit of everything so if someone has a problem or idea they can easliy communicate across the isles and provide clear communication to very different groups. They also need to know this in order to set good deadlines since they should have knowledge on how fast things should work. I fucking hate producers that just sit there and say random ideas and just tell people to ask someone else if they have trouble understanding things.

Usually these are the (((Autistic Niggers)))

Not free but I'm in a very very very good college for this stuff and have plenty of scholarships to afford coming there, (I'm a white male so I don't get the nigger or pussy scholarships).

I have his work with me if you want to see how bad this kid is. He wants to be a character designer but knows only fairly odd parents style

but be warned if you know my college and it's cost your gonna feel even more cringe at this. Because this kid is a junior I believe.

TODD POSTER, WHERE YOU AT, NIGGER?

So you've never actually worked anywhere and are just shitposting, I mean I gathered that from your initial post but thanks for admitting it.

Nah nigger, I have worked at very high up places over the summer. And I have personal connections to some very big places.

But we are on the chans can't give out too much, or its a dox.

Can you say what the Autistic Nigger did that made the artfag rage quit.

(Besides the regular Autistic Nigger shit)

What really set her off was the fact that she was given a set of sprites to create with specific dimensions (which she completed in a timely manner), then had to do over everything, since they apparently weren't the dimensions the game actually ended up needing. They were pixel-by-pixel drawings, mind you. Not exactly zero-effort assets.

These are awful.

Fuck. How in the hell did the nigger not know what art was need before diving in. Like did he just do the regular nigger shit and work on (((narrative, characters, and story))) before working on the mechanics.

I would've fucking killed a bitch if that happened to me

Also at what point in the deadline did she learn about this? How many assets was it?

Anyone from the west coast.

That or…
Fuck you man your not the boss of me!
Or…
You have no idea how much shit I have going on right now.
Or…
I can't spend all of my time doing this work, I have other things to do, I have a life!
Or…
It'll be done calm down we have until (X number of days) to do it.

Shit, that's me. At least I actually do it, though. I just make people worried thinking it won't get done.

at least you're not alone user

How to stop being a procrastinator? It's making my presurre go to the moon.

It's fine as long as you have a working and flexible schedule.
As a producer I can't tell you how much better people feel when they can take a day off for other important work, or family and not feel bad about it.

If you can at least say a specific date then it should be fine. But since people have asked multiple times you MUST hit that date or no one will ever put faith in you again.

You have to think about living with these standerds

Early is on time, on time is late, and late is don't even bother.

Try doing at least one project early and you'll feel really really good. As long as you can know and feel the benefits of early work then your mind will know why you want to do things so early.