Any word on how cucked the localization for this is? Seems like things have been pretty quiet pre-launch...

Any word on how cucked the localization for this is? Seems like things have been pretty quiet pre-launch, so I was wondering if NoA didn't butcher this one like they did with Fates.

Why don't you pirate it and find out

they're aware of the backlash they got and are either waiting on it to release without showing any substantial preview content, and also it isn't really out yet to make comparisons.

the fates localization was building up over the course of months of preview content and bad PR and culminating in its release with all the comparisons.

Its got awakening tier dialogue. Not fates levels of cancer but still cancerous with awkwardly forced jokes. Also the game is extremely gutted so they can sell DLC. If you could tolerate Awakening; then pirate it. Don't pay for it. If you couldn't tolerate Awakening, then continue to pretend the series died.

forgot the example

jesus christ that dialogue is cringy as fuck

The top's pretty shit, but I could see the bottom being in the original Japanese. I'd hate to be the fag who has to go through these games effectively twice to compare the translation though.

fucking hell

Are there anymore examples or is that the only one we got so far? We need more to spread towards normalfags.

Translation aside, as that will likely be corrected by the spergs at Serene's Forest, is the gameplay any good?

There is probably more examples in gameplay videos

Doesn't even matter. Enjoy that season pass.

This, why the fuck do you people deign this crap with a thread if it's half a game with mobile tier monetization attached?

Too see if it's worth pirating or not

It'll be really difficult to match the sheer bullshit of Fates, but you're still a complete retard if you buy this game though, letting people fuck you raw with a season pass that costs as much as the actual game.

How can you weebs play this crap?

Pirate it and find out, I doubt they fucked with it too much because it honestly seems pretty low-profile compared to Awakening and Fates. There's literally no reason to pay for any content on 3DS ever again, piracy of absolutely everything is so laughably easy and convenient now you have no excuse and Nintendo hasn't been a company worth supporting finanically for years, they're getting along just fine without us.

Wow, people are seriously overreacting to these two lines.

Normalfags won't care about a corny line like that, it took some of the most ridiculous lines in Fates to even get a reaction out of them. Most controversial shit I can recall on a wide scale was the Saizo/Beruka support and Hisame's absolutely retarded pickle gimmick, both of which had more than their fair share of defenders.

A friend of mine pirated it and said it's pretty fun.
No clue on the translation, but given how little writing there was in the original, it can't be that bad. Nothing could be after Fates.

I'm playing through FE9 in Nipponese. Anything I should check for NoA fuckery? Already planning on checking Marcia's weird vocabulary and the speech in final chapter's hard mode that apparently ties in with RD more in the English script.

The most I've heard was some fuckery with the difficulties.
There was an easy mode instead of a harder mode in FE9 and then the opposite in FE10

Yep, worst thing in this thread is a slightly cringy line at worst, it's not "…" x4 or a complete re-write, it's still in character, no one outside here will give a fuck.

Invest in a suicide bag

Hell, i don't give a fuck right now.

All 3DS games are free though.

kindly kill yourself

Maybe they just want to make her unlikeable ?

Let me save you the trouble. It's not. Just like ME:A, Prey 2017, Battlefield 1, Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold. Just like any number of other games. There is a threshold of bullshit beyond which any good qualities cannot redeem the title.

That doesn't really need me to confirm it, but at least as far as the labels go it's true.

Okay so 8-4 is localizing Echoes not NOA they said on their last podcast that the next episode they put out will be behind the scenes stuff about localizing Echoes. They have never really spoken behind the scenes about their own stuff in any actual length so I think it would probably be a good idea for some anons to listen to this. Though it might be extremely painful.

This game has the exact same dlc as the last two games from what I've heard. Which was all just shit maps that let you grind and make the game easier. Buying the DLC actually makes the game worse not sure why people are complaining it isn't already in there.

Wrong, Fates and Awakening's DLC contained the resolution of their damn stories.

Oh fuck I forgot Fates split up the campaigns and shit since I never played it. Awakening didn't though did it I remember beating that game and getting an ending. Then all the dlc was grinding maps aside from like a swimsuit thing and character packs.

I didn't buy Fates due to the localization, and now I won't buy whatever the fuck this is.

omg I was going to pirate this but now im not going to pirate it because this line is really really bad. How am I ever going to enjoy the gameplay when the dialogue is THIS shit!?

If Awakening to Fates is anything to go by, nobody was going to pirate this for the gameplay. The awful dialog is the diarrhea-icing on the shit-cake.

Is it gonna be a big podcast?

Here's your (you)

Please remove yourself from existence.

I get your point but it does not apply here man, if you buy this you are enabling these faggot SJW localizators.

This is cutesy as hell but considering what FE is these days it could easily not be a translation problem and just be how the character is.

You're still wrong. In both there is a five or six long story arc that ties everything up and focuses on the second generation. In Awakening, it was the kids going forward in time to fix the bad future, in fates, it was something similar.

May and Boey's entire characterisation in the original was that they were both extremely childish and fought over stupid shit.

So what's the problem here?
Gaiden or the Japanese?

Gaiden.
"Big, hurty, lighting" is pretty bad but we're just having another autistic screech-off right now

Python acts like a smug faggot all the time though, what's the issue with that nickname?
Is it a localisation issue? Is it not a nickname?

It's not a natural sounding nickname in the slightest.

Well I don't know anything about the character in question, it's DLC shit, maybe his name vague sounds like that.

Taking a wild swing at it "Duke Upstart" probably would fit better.

Shoo shoo shillboi, nobody wants your kind here.

Okay, I looked into it a little bit and Python also calls the dude "Lord Dunderhead", not too concerned with creating masterful nicknames.

Anymore examples of these Fates-tier butcheries?