Mountain Blade

Post about your vanilla campaign, more specifically, how in hell you finished it

>sweet we took all their lands except 1 castle

Im currently working on getting the marshal rank and fixing this mess

Other urls found in this thread:

crackwatch.com/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=927054757
mega.nz/#!hJFWWJIB!mIHQtEgPQABz8Uflkym2fq-23aX4zbiS7vE7Uf0JhCA
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/285119009/451850849180281143/
moddb.com/mods/swconquest
swconquest.github.io/
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,158656.0.html
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=190607.0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NORDS A SHIT

Beanner Lord when?

on floris evolved, siding with the sarranids as a mercenary to try and keep the balance of power going
we're constantly being buttfucked by the rhodoks/khergits
if by some chance we're not at war, i've got a few points in trading so i go around the world selling whatever cheap shit i can afford, it's slower but better than raiding stuff seeing as people don't hate me this way

Threadly reminder Khergits a shit. Every fucking thread until everyone understands.

Can't defend your fancy castles if all your men are dead can you Snownigger?

I gave up after 300 days because none of the factions were their original self since every lord has at least defected more than once to the point where the Nords were only 25% Nordic. Everyday there would at least 5 defections spamming my screen, it was fucking annoying and unrealistic.

Is there a fix for this?

BUTTERLORD WHEN?

Favourite weapon in battle? Gotta say I love good old Sword and Shield. Though 2h Swords are always good in a large clash.

Nords at least have shields at final rank.

Maybe we'll get something this E3. They said it'll come out this year.

Sword of War and Khergit Bow.

This happens to me as well. Rhodoks only have a few cases but most factions have khergits between jarls or nord elite troops defending the desert

Two handed heavy morningstar. Spamming front swing in front of a stair turned a 200v700 siege defense into a slaughter

Never ever. Alternatively, announced this summer but it will be shit

Hey user, listen closely
denuvo

>Barely manage to save him and the lords that followed him from several 1:2 battlesSwadian archers OP
What makes Isolla accept marriage?

diplomacy should have the option to increase/lower how much they defect
most mods come with diplomacy

lance/1h/shield/thrown weapon+horse
this is the only correct answer

Nothing, Kings/Queens never accept marriage unless you use a mod. Just find a lady with a big family of noble warriors.

BONERLORD WHEN?

d e u n o v o

it was merely suggested

n o t c o n f i r m e d

So what? It'll be cracked within two weeks

>crackwatch.com/

I want to play this. Is the gog version ok? Do I need mods to play it vanilla (bug fixes)?

you need mods so that at the very least when you die in a battle you don't immediately retreat

Maybe they'll crack it for linux and leave it at that like they did for warhammer total war

they crack games in like a week these days, where the fug are you coming with that idea

Give up, single player is a massively grindy, shallow and endless waste of time regardless of mods. Don't let any of these autists convince you it isn't. Multiplayer is largely dead, but most, if not all servers are on the Steam version.

git good faggot

every single thread, you're here
if you wanted mount and blade multiplayer, why don't you just play chivalry or whatever

every response ever
Enjoy your hundreds of hours wasted on repetitive, insipid endless army clashing where you'll inevitably win because you only have top tier units. It took me 1000 hours to realize the game has no substance and is designed only to drain your time, hopefully it'll take you less.

Because MP is actually fun, a dramatic transition from SP. Your skill actually matters and you get to interact with brained units.

you do realize what a videogame is, right?

again, git gud.

I'd say it's something that's meant to occupy your time with content, substance and crafted challenges, not make you repeat menial tasks infinitely to give you the illusion of progress.

but the illusion of progress is the content

Nigga please. Even watchdogs 2 got cracked after 50 days, Syberia 3 A VERY Obscure game with mixed to negative reviews was Cracked in 0, infinite warfare cracked in 0, Mafia 3 cracked in 0 and all manner of fucking indie games and shit nobody cares about except for it's 5 man fanbase have even been cracked.

We've all been waiting, cock in hand for bannerlord to get released, if any among the number of 2 million war hungry autists don't rip apart the taint of denuvo from bannerlord within 2 weeks, I'll eat my fucking flat hat.

Fuck you nigga, Mount and blade still has servers which can have up to 200 players in them, and in peak times that shit reaches well past halfway, and even when it's not there's probably at THE LEAST 30 people on there at any given time, and that's not even counting any of the other servers.

do you realize how much inventory space you'd need for a month's worth of food? you'd be the one to starve

No shit, you dumb motherfucker. The entire game is the grind, everything else is there to make that grind more enjoyable and rewarding. Leading armies to crush other armies with you in the front lines is what makes Mount & Blade. This is as retarded as complaining that the combat in an FPS like DOOM is "grindy because hurr durr all you do is kill imps, that not fun". If you don't like killing and conquering in the game, then you flat-out don't like the game, simple as that.

I'm sick of this horseshit argument that is being spun here about every lackluster singleplayer game that has multiplayer. Every game is better if you have more people playing with you. Kicking a ball around is boring, but if you invite others, it magically becomes fun. Who would've guessed? And your skills do matter in sp if you're playing on anything above 100% difficulty. Get the fuck outta these threads, you quasi redditor.

In my vanilla game, almost all of the lords have been exiled, the only factions that remain are my own, the rhodoks, and the nords. I spent most of the game with the rhodoks, and king graveth gave me 2/3 of all the land and then i took it all to make my own faction.

The remaining 4 lords have all joined my faction, the kings are the only ones left in their's. King Ragnar only has territory left in the former Sarranid land, and just hides in his capital city all day with his 1000 huscarls. King Graveth cruises around with his army of 1700 and raides villages. I cant defeat him by himself, and whenever i take my lords to go fight him they all run away.

The game progression is extremely slow at this point, as all the castles and towns have at least 1000 troop garrisons each. I really wish I would have installed the diplomacy mod so that there would actually be any lords left in Calradia.

get a lot of archers and siege them

Thats what I have been doing, but its a very slow grind. There is still a lot of territory left on the map owned by enemy factions.

khergits are ___

It's true, that trying to starve out a castle is no easy feat - especially when lords have a fucking mind of their own whenever they want to follow you or not, but I reckon it's not impossible, just a large investment .. Plus
It's NOT USELESS.. It's not..:'(

It's mostly useless true, but it'll get you more money for getting into massive battles.. It's nice between levelling up your INT skill as well.. I'm sure you'll realise how useful money is when you can afford thick plate mail

Honestly m8, you sound like the type of guy that doesn't even invest in prisoner management.

Pretty accurate simulation of real life then.

How well does floris evolved run and is it fun?

runs fine
it's fun unless you play as sarranids
rhodoks are overpowered here because they have crazy good armour and shields in their higher tiers

It's op, that's all to it. You can make so much money by capturing slaves, especially if you can recruit caravan guards or steppe outlaws.

Was money ever hard to come by in this game? Maybe I don't remember my earlier times but I don't remember being poor.

There's your problem, my man.

The irony is that Denuvo is the only reason I would pirate instead of buying.

Pigfucker, please. In warband Rhodok Sergeants are weaker than Swadian Sergeants in just about every way. Anti-cavalry included courtesy of awlpikes. Huscarls still shit on them both.

Then why are we still waiting on total wawa?

Its tough at the start if you dont know about recruiting troops with blunt weapons to help you capture and sell bandits.

except that we're not talking about native, you fucking piece of butter shit

I never done any of that. Pretty sure I just fought my way across the lands until I became a vassal? and eventually got towns.

I do remember doing tournaments for easy cash early on.

Maybe its my bad luck but whenever I became a vassal I always got some crappy village that made no money.
It was selling slaves that paid for my army to defend it.
I would conquer a rich town on my own and it gets given to some other scrub lord who kissed the kings ass more than I did.

Now I avoid being a vassal anyway because it makes the faction you join too dominant. I stay as a mercenary and swap from one faction to another if they get too strong. So when I start my own kingdom there isnt one dominant faction who can annhialate me.

I'll butter your shit, alright. Surely this evolved sub-mod doesn't introduce pigshite ran landsharks and crossbow using elves?

Anyone who has ever held a crew of vassals and their best men for ransom knows just how much money you can make.. Fuck I totally forgot about recruitment too.. I seem to remember it's much harder to recruit elite soldiers though.

When you're on hard times that cash is gonna be useful as overhead for your upkeep..

It's a problem for sure, but it's not up to the audience to decide what gets cracked it's up to the guys doing it.

Total wawa also had a pretty mixed to positive response when it was first released if I remember correctly, and its a bit of a niche market compared to other AAA which might not have helped.

On around 100% difficulty with realistic saving money is always my biggest issue.

vaegirs have shields and rhodoks have cavalry, the mod is nothing like vanilla balance

You will never become King of Calradia.

if it's any consolation, swadia managed to take back uxkhal
sarranids are still buttdevastated by the khergits though, ahmeraad and durquba are purple

MFW I save scum like a scrub.

I take it the expandedcancer trees are mandatory in evolved?

That won't make it easier at all, Uxkhal has the worst geographical position. I hope to god you don't try and start in Uxkhal.

actually no, i use the native ones because otherwise sarranids are unplayable
the main reason to even play evolved is because it can play just like regular floris, but it actually works on the current version of warband

I dont understand what's wrong with Rhodoks

What

I just wanna say I love these memri tv pictures.

So, how in the name of freshly buttered Suno brand buns do Rhodoks have cavalry and how was my original post inaccurate?

That's not vanilla but fine. Pavise are slower than kites, heraldic chain is 49 but they use the green 45 and 47 as often if not more. Swadians use harder-hitting polearms, better if not blunt one-handed and usually the coat of plates 51(I think) like in your related. So they're almost even, then? Well, yeah if you discount dismounted butterknights.

Rhodok sharpshooters are the only reason to recruit tribesmen. I will drink from your skull

Actually, fuck me that is vanilla

well, your original post is wrong in general, i just happen to not be playing with the expanded troop tree

the early game is so much fun but the second you start getting real property it becomes a giant fucking chore. Is there something i'm missing here?

don't side with swadia?

Yes. You need to acquire property slowly, so that you can fill them with thousands of men without half as much work.
Keep in mind, though, you also need massive piles of stocked-up money, because paying for soldiers is a chore and only a few properties actually give enough loot to balance protection costs.

I just wish there was a way to mass hire peasants so I can keep up with the game. I never see the other lords going from village to village like this. After you get castles it starts feeling like a GSG except you can't move more than one stack at a time.

I want to make money but everytime I loot a village my party goes into a fit of autistic screeching so I end up getting most of my money from tournaments, which I can't do since everyone wants to fucking kill me.

14 fucking days later, my noble is still in prison and i get labeled a deserter.
the one cool thing about that is going solo and breaking out the noble, but if 14 days are up I'm pretty much SOL

I read that stacking a castle with 350 recruits is better than 20 knights(both 350 in upkeepnumbers may vary). Supposedly if the number of recruits is large enough the enemy just won't siege at all. I don't know if its true, but it couldn't hurt to try tossing a bunch of recruits into one of your castles garrisons.

Some mods have recruiters in taverns that let you mass hire, any mod with diplomacy should allow you to hire a recruiter to pick up peasants through your constable in your hall. Otherwise There's literally nothing wrong with enabling cheats and cheat moving to every village for recruits
Buy enterprises. Generally you should have a few enterprises spread out before you become a vassal and you can keep growing them as you fight. Guild master quests can pay well if you get a "convince lords to end war". Also upgrade your leadership. Money isn't necessarily hard to come by, but when you don't need to worry about it is when you've basically already won. You could also give up on one of the castles to another lord. You don't really get as much benefit from each castle compared to AI lords. It would probably be easier to defend as well.

Go fuck yourself. Military hammers are nice but I'll take awlpikes and morningstars all day every day. 1-h Battleaxes, throwables and Cuir Bouilli even more

You should've installed Isolla and led the new model butter army to victory. Seriously, if you don't marshal them yourself every lord will do fuck all and leave you hanging.

have any of you guys tried playing viking conquest? I noticed I had the expansion pack but i've never actually used it before.

i tried it and didn't like it
too constricting for the sake of a story i don't particularly care all that much about

how do i beat nords without cavalry?
i've only got about 10 horsemen, everything else is spearmen/skirmishers and they can't do shit against those shields

I don't know, my party is literally nothing but cavalry and swadian peasants i'm training into cavalry

Official Kingdom Ranking Tier:

God Tier

High Tier

Mid Tier

Low Tier

Muh Horse Archery Tier

In Need of Crusade Tier

Literally me

Don't bother. Let the enemy take the castle, then ride in and lay seige and retake it.
Whittle the enemy like this for a while until they give up.

It may work different in Floris, but the core principle should be the same. If you have cavalry it is useful to have them deal with enemy archers.

u wot

>get message that my other fief is being raided now

okay this is just getting fucking ridiculous now

Is this what you call being a little bitch in general? :^) Nord archers have the best archer armor in warband and will actually take a hit

what claims, you fucking troglodite, i'm saying that there's no such thing as a nord archer

We have IDs on this board, you hypocrite piece of shit. And speaking of mongoloids, troglodytes or whatever passes for your kind: it's capital "I".

And this a fucking unicorn, I suppose? :^)

what fucking claims are you talking about

that's a vaegir in disguise

I repeat, no friendly m& banter intended: go fuck yourself. And no, that's a dipshit in plain.

if that's what you're talking about, then you should have replied to , not 20 posts later

as for this, it's basically a combination of mini mods
does vanilla warband have diplomacy?
does vanilla warband have freelancer?
etc.

at one point in time, i've played floris evolved with the expanded troops, in which case the rhodoks were overpowered
and the expanded troops is the general choice as far as i can understand, otherwise people would probably be playing different mods
because of this, i said that you're wrong in general, even though you're half-right for my particular case

I did, and you're still running away like a little bitch. It's an anonymous imageboard, and while your typing and flooding like a pre-school mongoloid does rather set you apart, you still trying to dissemble and bullshit your way thru an argument is solely on you. Remember, there's no rep, upvotes or a name you need to slime and keep appearances for around here.

What's sad is that we could've had a nice chat instead of this shit.

no you didn't you little shit
here we have you
posting a picture with native troops
while i'm talking about expanded droops, or what i refered to as "in general"
and then later you reply to a completely unrelated topic, as if i'm somehow magically supposed to link everything together
it's not my fault you're talking to me about the wrong topic

This feels like I'm in a real medieval squabble

can you guys cool your autism please?

This nigger is right but you deserve one final (You) go fuck yourself: you duplicitous, cancerous sack of shit.

I D O N ' T C A R E

Nier had denuvo and it's alright. And I'll probably buy bannerlord anyway, unless I see too many cons on release analysis and discussion

but he's arguing with me over something i never even mentioned
my autism is perfectly justified

How good is PoP or Perisno? I heard they were both unbalanced and overrated. Also, I ended up trying medieval conquest only to see that some troops and weapons are completely broken. Namely how throwing and crossbows are broken regarding enemies and players who use them. Am I just retarded?

custom knight orders are fun
otherwise it's even more gruelling than the traditional grind

That just sounds like a big grind more than anything fun at that point. Have you tried perisno? I heard that it is not that good regarding balance between factions and how ranged dominates no matter what.

Does anyone know of any good blackpowder mods for warband or good mods for WFaS? I really want to get a linemen experience.

gekokujo has guns

bump
I want to see this user's realm burn

Kite the barbarian army into any of the war parties.

This. The Noldor buttfuck literally everyone and you'll end up being able to get Noldor equipment down the line.

bump

I just made a module if anyone is interested in an improved vanilla of Native.
For Steam users:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=927054757

For non-steam users:
mega.nz/#!hJFWWJIB!mIHQtEgPQABz8Uflkym2fq-23aX4zbiS7vE7Uf0JhCA
Simply extract into the modules folder in the main Mountain Blade directory.
This was made for the latest version, so if you are using an older one I can't guarantee it will work.

Here's a feature list:

This is some some "2kk denars at gamestart!!!11!" reddit tier modding.

Why do I have the feeling you dont belong on this site?

So it's like dickplomacy but without the rape and all the other features?

>>>/4cuck/

Its vanilla with some features you would find in diplomacy but doesn't require a script extender. There are no extra models or items or maps or anything. It's mostly minor configuration changes.

go back to wherever you came from

in that case i mind as well just play diplomacy
should have done something that hasn't been done before

or
I honestly don't know which one's more pathetic.

Show me where the exact mod exists that fits the criteria I set without adding needless bullshit and bloat to the game.
>>>/reddit/
I came here from 4chon/new/ when STi shut it down and ransomed it for 50,000 Shekels. Where the fuck are you from?

That's totally understandable, I made it because diplomacy to me although was nice, added too much.

Anyway rip swadia it felt really good to finally move all the nobles to finish the nation

rhodoks tried to siege a castle when the entire sarranid army was like 2 minutes away
most fun siege ever

What mod is that?

I tried Perisno, and it seems like the grind in that game is no where near as bad as prophecy of pendor. It also seems interesting in regards to units and playable characters.

floris evolved

Would you recommend floris? I was thinkingo trying to get an enhanced vanilla experience, but I heard that factions were imbalanced. Mainly things about how the sarranids were extremely weak, even more so than vanilla.

it's basically vanilla, unless you're using the expanded/revised troop trees
i can't stand the expanded tree, but with the native one balance seems fine
swadians die first as usual, sarranids are weaker than most, but their cavalry is still good
so far i've had good enough luck with them. half my army is archers/skirmishers that stand on top of a hill and shoot, the rest is infantry/cavalry. once the infantry/cavalry all die, i get the archers to retreat with me, and we don't end up taking serious damage while the enemy usually loses around 70-120 troops per battle this way

only downside to sarranids is that they have no decent answer to khergits
i'm serving the sarranids as a mercenary, if they ever go to war with the khergits i try to stay away unless we're sieging something
swadia died early on so i don't have to worry about their cavalry
everyone else has little to no cavalry, so a half archer army tends to work well

sarranids decided to siege grunwalder castle
turns out that while rhodoks are absolute trash on the field, they're way too good at defending sieges
this castle has hardly any space in it, so even though there was a big enough clearing to get through the ladders, once you go over the wall everyone behind you is stuck
our archers couldn't do shit because they didn't have enough distance to shoot over the wall, and the enemy shields were too good anyways
meanwhile rhodoks have two towers to shoot us from
in the end we lost around 300 people and 200 were wounded, but we still took it due to having big enough numbers
problem is that after that sarranids started a counter offensive and managed to take almerra back since we didn't have enough forces to defend it with

rhodoks started a counter offensive*

So I installed floris evolved, should I use any of the "expanded" troop trees or should I just stick to the native?

expanded gives you more variety and options, but you're risking getting overwhelmed by enemies you can't counter
native is easier

Bannerlord is out!

Aha, I'll stick to the native then, thank you. And this is a stupid question, but it is safe to run floris without steam running right?

haven't tried
you may or may not get savefiles that don't work unless steam is running, at least that's what happens with other mods

wot

I see, thank you very much user!

It's a shame because Floris is one of the few cases where you can viably make an army of manhunters

ironically, my cavalry is usually 90% caravan guards/mercenary horsemen rescued from the desert bandits
manhunters hardly ever show up, and the recruits i get i turn into infantry/skirmishers
manhunters themselves are alright, but i feel like they're a bit too weak. their horses die pretty fast and their armor is shit aside from that big fat shield. mercenaries generally do a better job, even if they use sharp weapons

Are there any mods that fix sieges? It drives me absolutely fucking insane when my men are forced to march 1 by 1 or 2 by 2 up one fucking ladder to be cut down by 400 niggers.

Well you can upgrade the manhunters enough so that you have a pretty significant amount of units with war elephants and a fuckhuge number of training arrows for knocking enemies unconscious. They take fairly long to get to the highest tier of manhunter but holy hell is it worth it to get elephants.

as far as i know, no, and even if there was a mod that had multiple ladders, your men would still charge at the closest ladder
sieges in gekokujo are pretty fun though, since each castle has wide areas that usually spiral towards the center keep, lots of bottlenecks inbetween, makes it relatively fun

huh, i never even knew they upgraded to war elephants. mine always died before that could happen

>tfw you hold off 500 people filthy fucking nords with just 60 men

okay so I decided I was going to give up one of my castles because i'm tired of trying to keep it stocked. I completely emptied the garrison and it got besieged.

but for some reason the guy that was besieging it, count dickstain or whatever, gave up? What the fuck, why would he abandon a siege against an empty fucking castle.

do you still get revenue from businesses in countries you're at war with?

nope
business is under sequestration until the war ends
but if you have that mod with banking, you can probably disguise yourself and take a loan

this or a raid on his property

Has anyone tried that 1860s mod or that zombie reckoning mod? Are they even good?

1860 by Gabrilduro? It's crap. Reckoning is… Well it's meh. If you want some cool cowboy shit try 1866 for native MB, it got cooler shit.

Playing dickplomacy made me realize three things

i was only disappointed at how little money my brothels made considering how much more work i put into them
for 40 whores it fucking better make more than 500 a week
although i didn't really manage to get any ladies for it

Whats the deal with friendly fire on bows and shit, I headshot one of my own guys with a crossbow, but if i charge into a clusterfuck on my horse and swing wildy, my dudes don't even get hit. fuck off.

you were supposed to invest that money into bussinesses that run themselves, and use the newly generated money to keep hiring mercenaries in order to conquer shit
most civilizations can't handle how simple yet good the mercenaries are

i didn't even know that was a thing, i just kept asking around and there was, deliver letter, find bandit hideout, and save our village, and i was just like go fuck yourself.

It's 500 for 50 common whores but the real cash comes from noble sluts, each one worth around 200-400 based on prestige or something. And these are vanilla incomes so you shouldn't expect more than 900 from dyeworks.

Now I just need to figure out what to tweak for it to accept male captives.

you go to a city, talk to the guild master (first time you have to walk the streets to find him)
if your relations with the town and it's lord are good, you can pay the guild master from 5000-10000 for different kinds of workshops. every week after the first one they give you money based on the local economy (you could also lose money this way)
you can also tell the workshop to not automatically sell it's goods, so that you can go sell them yourself to more profitable lands, but that's kind of going agains the whole point of getting money for doing nothing
usually you just invest in weaviers since they make silk which is expensive as fuck and usually sells for a lot
get 2-3 weaveries and you're set, just go around different taverns and recruit mercenaries while you get money each week.
otherwise you could just use your 100k to get troops right away, but you might not be able to make that money back once you spend it. meanwhile a bussiness usually works out great in the long run (unless you're at war with whichever faction owns the city you built it in)

ARCHERS
R
C
H
E
R
S

You know he's going to get slaughtered like that, right?

>use cheap cavalry
You know he's going to get slaughtered like that, right?

S-shields can't last forever! They got to break at some point!

Way I see it you're left with a pissed off nord on one side and you holding your dick empty quiver on the other. Nords should be bullied with superior numbers and preferably ran over with heavy cavalry

if they were so useless nobody would bother using them

Everything in the red is mine. The last honorable lord in the realm who was not on my side was Lord of Uxkhal, who I just convinced to switch sides. Warcheg and Velcula are my next targets. While most of the campaign has been a lot of fun and a learning process, I really hate when my troops fuck up and path or get stuck on shit and refuse to move costing me a victory. The ambushes and shit get old too.

That only matters with diplomacy or dickplomacy mods, family doesn't do shit in vanilla. You might know that but others may not realize it

did someone steal your butter?

That's one flaw of the games. War brings eternal conflict and eventually the lords hate each other and end up defecting or getting kicked out of the kingdom, then they join another where they have negative relationship with the ruler and it happens again and again until there are no kingdoms left to join and the lord leaves the realm. There was one match I played where I took too long to make my own kangdom and all kangdoms only had their kang and maybe some other dude, I had to make my companions vassals and I had to really suck this guy's dick so he joined me.

Why do you do this?

Bad user. You're supposed to remove kebab.

Does cattle follow you in floris evolved? I'm unsure if I want to take the quest.

it's a waste of time
you have to push them towards the goal

Same as the native then, thank you for answering user.

You get a good amount of EXP from cattle quests iirc though.

It's also good to make money in early game. Either deliver the cattle when your band is still fast and agile, or just slaughter the fuckers and sell the meat.

swadia just resurfaced taking almerra
so far i've seen harlaus with around 220 men, and another guy with around 60
i helped them out in a few fights against rhodoks, even though i'm at peace with both
did i do good or bad and do i keep doing it

At what point should I feel safe enough to claim the throne in the name of a claimant and/or just rebelling by myself?

I keep leaving my lieges because I can't stand how greedy and fat they are.
although the CURRENT greedy, fat king throws fiefs at me like it's confetti and i'm also his best friend, so I almost don't want to leave him.

almost

right to rule around 40+ otherwise everyone will gang rape you
the rest of it should be ok if you got that.

So if i've got maxed out right to rule, what else should I worry about?
how many fiefs should I make sure I have as soon as I rebel?

I did it with just one castle and one city.

In vanilla? Just how much money did you have in the bank?

how come ale comes in measurements like food but your guys won't drink it?

AND YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL!!

MY EMPIRE, OF FEASTS

A feast!
A feast!
My kingdom, for a feast!

I was struggling while playing with swadia until I just said fuck it and took control over the whole goddamn operation.

i'm sieging cities on my own, doing all the raids, guarding all the places. I'm basically the butterlord at this point. There's nothing that says "you're fucked" quite as much as 60 swadian knights running for your ass. Hell the only reason I even sided with swadia was because haralus offered me vassalage.

if i ever feel like starting a new playthrough i'm definitely gonna side with them
i always felt like sarranids were underdogs because of their shitty troops, but swadia is the true tragedy here

the true tragedy is the fact that swadia has some of the best troops in the game yet their king is a dairy drunk fuck that can't put down the butter jar long enough to manage his kingdom.

I figure this way everyone gets to be happy, I get to be successful and he gets his land o lakes. Sure he's basically a puppet at this point but that just means he can feast in peace.

>didnt notice all castles around me are fully garrisoned with 60+ huscarls and elite nord archers

I wanted to do it the cool romantic way but I guess I'll just help one nation take 2/3 of calradia and then tell all the nobles to join me

>elite nord archers
such a creature is only a myth
proud nords only throw axes

Apparently Diplomacy is being updated? I was gonna start a new game, but would it be better to wait for that to be finished?

wait, they're still updating the game?

I didn't have much in the bank, but I had opened about 12 enterprises across the map so that I had a good weekly income higher than what I was spending, that is more or less an essential requirement before becoming independent imho.

The Diplomacy mod. The new features seem pretty neat.
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/285119009/451850849180281143/

is there a mod for the game so it's like bezerk?

I just kind of want to run the band of the hawk, just without you know, being the biggest douchebag in the universe.

there was a berserk overhaul for non-warband
but for god knows what reason i can't get it to work right
when i get to the fight with batzuso, nobody can damage him. weapons just go through him as if he has no colliders at all
otherwise it looked really good

Khergits, everyone.

Looks real good.

wut

well make the mod yourself then
at least the story elements work function until you reach

I could, but it doesn't seem right to realize other people's dream mods.

nobody will ever actually make their dream mods come true
t. attempted avatar/star trek mods

Without shilling my own shit or derailing with other games I can tell you that you're wrong. Essentially, you just need to do. it.

i refuse to work with warband's modding
there's no official mod tools
the unofficial ones barely function with current versions of the game
OpenBRF may or may not preview 3d models. It works fine if i use older versions that lack some of the current features
Making a world map means having to bumble around with blender to make a model and then guessing whether you correctly made a town in notepad
modding warband is just unnecessarily tedious
i'll wait for butterlord, since it actually has an editor

That's a cop out if I ever saw one. There are no official tools because you don't need them considering almost everything's already exposed. And even without knowing a lick of programming or graphicswork you can change so much with a basic text editor and any of the gorillion modding guides or OSPs out there.

the way he yells that guys name makes it sound like he's saying nigger

you do need them, because changing every single thing by text is a lot slower than just dragging a few things with a mouse
example: i want to create a new city/location on the map
it's even worse if you're trying to make dialogue.
all of this could be sped up a lot if there was an editor
and even if i did ignore that, you still need tools to access the actual meshes, and only OpenBRF is there as far as i know

In the time it took you to (63) you could've googled your way to notepad++, several map editors and a blockheads guide to editing m& map objects that's about five steps shorter than your process. What's more I believe you had the time to take a snack or two, jack off, take a nap and still finish at least the map and the faction groundwork at a casual pace.

But work's hard amirite? >text n shiet

Typing's too much work. I'll just wait for infinity next™ since I hear that one has VOIP shilling support.

I kind of figured Reckoning would be average. It seems really dumb as well considering how empty the map looks from videos and how all these thriving factions seem to exist when a more accurate picture would be a shit ton of warring city states fighting for resources. That would make for a better mod as well. Have huge zombie hordes that would be a lot more concerning to face and have them siege places.

Long awlpike on horseback for quick stickin', with a shield to catch missiles. Horse archery is fun, but if I lose a horse I am fucked with that combo. Especially since I tend to hold off on letting my guys charge. I'm kind of autistic about trying to keep lowest casualty numbers, I do it in every game since I went years without internet and can only focus on just winning against human opponents.
shield and bastard sword or something quick like a onehanded axe for sieges, depending on opponents. and a bow, even when attacking.

it looks good to me, but my current computer is absolute shit and it's too slow to be playable. Well, even so I played it until I had multiple ships and had been in most of ireland and southern england etc.

Am I the only one laughing my ass of at the Puck companion swinging a "normal" sword around?

Adn why didn't they give Dragonslayer the "breaks trough blocks" ability?

What are some GOOD "finished" mods for warband?
**I'll list some ideas but really I'm in the dark more or less, since I haven't played anything A LOT except vanilla*
Vanilla - still overall has the most draw for me.
Gekokujo - Japan, Samurai, Katanas oh my, I really like this one so far.
A Clash of Kings - GoT - difficult and dark, you start as total suck.
Vikings "reforged version"- M&B + SVEN, holy fuck is this hard, just want to give up.
Floris - If you want to not see anything on the battle map this is your mod. Vegetation fucking everywhere fucks you and doesn't fuck bots. Oh boy.
Dickplomacy - haz sex wit wohmen
Chronicles of Might and Magic –DLing now.

You can't disprove that it's a slow and tedious process though
Best case scenario you can give me morghs editor, but ands I remember it doesn't quite work in sync with the module system , so I'd be stuck trying to change the actual text files
And show me a map editor that actually works inn current year. I've only seen thorgrims and the text in that didn't show up

==fuck you guys for making me use jewgle and jewtube to find shit. ==do you guys like this shit?
Prophecy of Pendor
Warsword Conquest
Anno Domini 1257
Perisno
>do you faggots have anything to add to these 2 lists so I can go offline and never talk to anyone else ever again. happily

so did we ever get actual deployable pavise shields?
is there any way to get the ai to deploy them?

repostan from leddit

I don't want to help you, but there's a chance this may help a lurker or two.

Solid and Shade, M&B only
Nova Aetas
Phantasy
Phosphor
Empire III
Blood and Steel
A New Dawn

that is my father in law chasing his ass down.

excessive spoilers?

If I wanted reddit I'd go to reddit. I don't. Fuck off faggot.

you could have just ignored it
there's a hide post button you know

You are the cancer killing Holla Forums.

would you have been happier if i spent 10 seconds to rename it?
would it change the content?

It'd be happier of you left.

MFW it takes over 45 minutes for the square to lower in to the hole.

For anyone interested the original one is free in GOG.
There are some mods that haven't been ported that are worth it.

but does the berserk mod work

Anyone ever play horse archer a lot, as in dont get bored or pissed off soon that despite all the investment in stats it's vastly inferior to just meleeing everyone the fuck up?

IDK, I haven't tried it. I was thinking about this moddb.com/mods/swconquest

Can someone give me a rundown on marriage when you play as a FEMALE?
How do you even know which lords are eligible apart from them not having a wife?

Also possibru to marry male claimants as a grill?

it's not as fun as infantry+skirmishers
tight formations are way better looking than a bunch of scattered horsemen

why

swconquest has been out for warband for like a year now

Where?

swconquest.github.io/
did you even read the mod page?

I like the idea of an unstoppable Golden Horde Gengis style just like the great Finngolian Empire in it's time but fuck if AI doesnt know how to horse arch it up properly even with all the commands'n sheit and atleast when playing with Floris it sure does feel that everywhere NOT Khergitland or Sarranids is full of trees and even Khergland seems like it's 50/50 vast steppes and rest is fuckton of tiny trees, trees everywhere despite not showing on the campaign map.

Why not? I like it and my playstyle or the characters i play as usually are usually kind of power-hungry bandit lords and such as in the kind who doesnt give a shit about others so playing a grill is naturally more immersive as they lose their soul upon adulthood.

Not in a million years.
I wasn't aware that they had a github

get archers instead of lancers then, you can kite even if you can't charge

my current character is a horse archer, it's immensely satisfying to just one shot everyone by popping them in the head.

it makes getting up the siege ladder so trivial.

your gay

Is Persuasion any use?

My autism is rustled if my PC has stats i dont deem necessary but also if it's "who is your daddy and what does he do?" background stuff doesn't fit the how i want to play the game.

Butterlord get a release date yet?

Tomorrow.

NOW

Yes it is, you need to convince nobles to help you and stuff

So is living, and thorgrim's works forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,158656.0.html

Lesbian harem in dickplomacy.

It helps to save you some cash and keep companions in line.

Neat, now i can change the background options from Veteran warrior and Mummer to Noble and Page which isnt nearly as rustling to my autism as the previous ones.

Shame Noble in training gives +2tactics…

Huh?
Does it reduce your party wages like leadership?

You liars! Don't play with my emotions like that!

When a NPC asks why should I do whatever and you're given the option to ((relation stab)) ((money)) or ((persuade)), successful ((persuade)) reduces the ((money)) required.

In diplomacy you can save up to tens of thousands on truces and such that way.

Doesnt it help with getting lords to agree to marriages and other things as well?

ah thanx

!! ACTUAL BONERLORD RELEASE DATE HERE !!
never ever

source: my dad works at taleworlds

google the wiki for marriage it has a rundown for bitches.

in vanilla persuassion is used to convert enemy lords – very very good
in vanilla you need one companion hero with persuassion to act as late-game emissary to negotiate peace and get letters and shit.

i beg to differ

So is the Game of Thrones mod for this any good? 4.0 was just released and I thought I'd give it a shot but if it's dumpster fire tier then I'd rather not waste my time.

i didn't bother installing 4 since it was taking forever to download, and i figured it would take just as long to load the game with it
the mod was pretty damn fun from what i've played. quests were awesome for mount and blade, troops looked great, although i can't actually tell if they were in any way different. locations looked good
the only real problem is the damn performance

Cheers, I've got a pretty decent computer so hopefully it'll run alright.

feels pretty good mane

Fuck dental fees with a rusty rake

You can whine and moan all you want but all I'm seeing is a lazy nigger that can't into google. Aside from Thorgrim's which does work for WB 1.168 with that spoonfeeding guide I linked you above I found not one but two other warband compatible map editors.

Related Bloodpass even works out the box with no tweaks required.

stop giving me shit to work with, i don't have time

Am i correct that two-handed weapons will block accordingly to how you are about to be hit by an enemy IF you press block just before you are about to get hit but otherwise you have to rely on pressing to a certain direction to block the way you want?

Also are two-handed weapons any good on horseback?

have you never played warband/chivalry

Chivalry? no, Warband? Never really tried two-handers because i've been adamant sword'n board faget but it's rustling my autism that if i have lance and then switch it to sword+shield it just vanishes instead of magically sticking on my PC's back but shorter spears cannot into couching so i see no reason to use those.

Just wondered if there'd be any benefit of using one while mounted like… extra reach or something…

i mean, they work, but there's just not much of a benefit compared to 1h/lance + shield
lance for charging, 1h for when you're stuck in close quarters
you could use a two hander for when you're in close quarters seeing as you're not gonna be able to block+attack at the same time, but the shield is always useful since it can help you live long enough to escape the close quarter fight

Yeah thought so.
And i actually forgot that the game has bastard-swords that can be wielded both with a shield and 2-handed so might as well go for that+shield!

Now i just need to decide on what to do for ranged… maybe xbow since thrown seems awfully inaccurate even with over 150points on the skill.

wew

Three times the damage and at least two times the reach not a benefit? Also a friendly reminder that unlike polearms two hander damage isn't related to the tip hitting.

Sounds like fun to get into.
Do I play the original, With Fire and Sword or Warband to play with you nerds?
Would the GOG version not be able to access the same servers as Steam, or is it all handled outside of that shit?

warband, guns where a mistake

It's a single player campaign. Multiplayer is just team deathmatch with a castle. Play warband

I haven't went to a dentist in ten years. My teeth don't hurt and I don't feel any cavities.

how will snow niggers ever recover

i had one tooth that hurt and suddenly i've got around 1000$ worth of shit to fix in my mouth
and that's cheap

I just spent the last 6 hours playing version 3.2, I hope 4.0 will finish downloading by the time I wake up… I personally really like the feel of it, it's dark, slightly difficult and feels very medieval.

… y'all speken gospel, fancy smancy dentists an't nutin but a scam. please don't breath on me

if you don't immediately go and serve the rightful king, you're gonna be playing the mod wrong
because if you go to him later, he's pretty much destined to have been beaten by the westerlands/riverlands/northerners
or you could just go and do quests for valeryan steel weapons

Cool, legally acquiring a game for free is always good.

Warband is the same thing but better in every way though.

But it isn't free

How useful is tactics?
Does it still decrease the Renown gained?

It is if you aren't a moralfag. There is no reason to play the original these days.

increases starting battle advantage
that determines how many troops you start with in a battle and how much casualties you'll have if you retreta

Onlyacatofadifferentcoat,that'sallthetruthIknow.

Only indirectly as you're fighting less with more.

Piracy is theft, user. You wouldn't pirate a car, money or anime, would youm?

I decided to play as Sarranids since I kind of like their aesthetics, so how do I make sure we don't get raped by Rhodoks and Khergits?

get archers
you're fucked
in my playthrough they took two of our cities and after that we've been allies since. even when our agreements finally expired, we immediately formed an alliance again

But they are supposed to be bad at talking city and castles? They btfo me on the field since I can't escape them, the tactic I'm using now is to run to the corner of the map as soon as the battle starts and hope for the best.
As for Rhodoks, I can deal with them in our territory since it's flat and I can use my cavalry quite effective, but as soon as we meet in more rocky territory their sharpshooters tear us apart.

that's why you need more archers than they have
infantry helps since you're gonna need shields to protect your archers
they have lots of archers

its the auto complete for encounters where you don't fight in them. the sieges don't give enough bonuses to the defenders and you get situations where a fuckton of horsemen can take a city without having to murder a pack of sargents at a choke point.

rate my guy

i just don't understand anymore
snow niggers somehow managed to beat all of swadia despite having no cavalry
meanwhile a bunch of outnumbered peasants/archers are steamrolling them

Sadly denuvo cracked games get nonupdates/fixes/content si ce you can only play the cracked version, denuvo is cucking people even cracked

Serving another IS playing the game wrong.

if you like a game and want the most updated version of it, fucking pay for it. nigger

Can a kind lad reupload this mod somewhere that isn't mediafire? The mod's fucking enormous and the author thought it's fucking funny to upload it on mediafire, i can't download it.
www.moddb.com/mods/xi-in-latin

i never go to dentist

I have 33 modules fam.

Hang yourself.

compared to my mods, what mods do you think are quintessential?

I'm playing ACOK 4.0. You need at least 22 strength to wear the best armor, 16 to wear anything like chainmail. Gloves and armor both have -negatives to power draw and power throw and most of all bows cannot be used on horseback. I guess the dev isn't a bowfag.

Is raiding worth it?
I'm trying to figure my companion composition and i'd like to have Borcha, Bahestur and other more… unlawful? companions but fuck if i dont have a hard time figuring out who to set as the dedicated 'healer'.

As of now my party would be:
And because i have Floris going on there's also:
9 Companions, quite a few fighters but yeah the 'healer'… Rolf's the only guy with a few points in first aid/surgeon (1 on each) but his personality and background doesnt really fit a healslut.
Klethi would be the other choice but same thing, none of them fit the 'role' if speaking purely from roleplaying perspective though Artimenner i could see knowing how to surgeon it up atleast.

Lezalit and Artimenner can be made to split the healer role since they both start with decent INT.

Nvm i finally managed to download it.

what mods do you currently have?

iirc correctly raiding (villages) loses honor? if that is the case, you will suffer for it later. honorable lords are the best lords, and they switch easily to the most honorable faction leader.

My ID seems to be changing a lot recently because of my VPN, it didn't used to happen like that I don't know but I'm the guy in

Just unpacked XI in Latin, holy fucking shit the thing is 9.16gb, this must be the biggest fucking mod i've ever downloaded.

You should check out 1429 la Guerre de Cent Ans (note that it's a French mod with partial translation and might be a pain up your ass if you decide to do their unique quests), Rus XIII, Hispania 1200, Sands of Faith (You can go deus vult in this), The Parabellum (WWI mod, pretty fucking good with functional armored cars, tanks, planes, etc), Warwolf (The predecessor to Dickplomacy, the madman also managed to turn MB into a RTS game (I don't know if the guy changed the mod's name again like the last time))
If you're interested, there's another GoT mod called A World of Ice and Fire.
There are some Gekokujo submods, like Sugoroku, Daimyo edition, user's homemade Gekokujo.

And that's probably it, i can't think of any other quality mods aside of those i wrote and the ones that are already in your module folder.

it's good money if you can get away with it, but it's only good if you're aiming to become a warlord
if you want to conquer the world and not have a fight every 5 minutes, you're better off trading and keeping good relations with all the other lords

we esports now

the chat is killing me
apparently turks are slavs now

Usually they do this for games they want to promote. Why would I want to watch this it's not even a clan or anything why are only 5 people attacking/defending a city?

That said the map is great very beautiful

Good job.

Slavic God*
Goddamnit.

same shit, it was relatively the same territory

Eat shit and die. t. slav

(checked)

As in just conquering shit and then fighting a shit-ton to keep said shit?

yeah
you can always just win every single fight, but it's easier to just convince a friendly lord in an enemy nation to not fight you

Shucks, well i'l see what i'l do. Never gotten as far as owning a fief or several apart from once yeeaaaaaaaars ago when Warband didnt even exist.

Raiding is great seed money, great trainer and great for ruining a kingdom so they'll accept peace. It's not so great if you plan on holding those lands later or if you expect any of the good lords to join you.

Good luck with that.

You meant their personality/alignment with this instead of them being actually good gameplay wise rite? I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to "late game" still.

Fairly new to this. I want more than just a single shitty village. How can I get a city as a fief?

Suck the king's dick.

conquer it and stay in it until the king decides who gets it
if you're still inside it, reject his decision and rebel, starting your own kingdom with the city as your fief
otherwise suck the kings dick a lot so he gives you free shit

Might makes right

Pretty much. forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=190607.0

You're looking for Honorables but you're likely to end up with Debauched and Calculating. The endgame's a fucking slog anyway.

High renown, no other fiefs, good relation with the king. For best results conquer it yourself.

late game you have essentially 3 kinds of lords
A) every day you lose relationship with some bastards and you can't do shit about it.
B) every time you give someone a keep, village or town you lose relationship with these lords.
C) cool guys who just are happy to be on the team

C is the honorable type, A is IDK, some kind of dickwad type and B is greedyass type. If you want an army of C lords you gotta get high honor and try to get like a 5 persuasion so you can just get them to switch sides later.

What does that have to do with anything?

But it isn't though.

There is. All you have to do is up your relation with them, which is not hard but is tedious.

this tbh

Anyone who would rather have them follow you is a casual. It is in no way realistic.
Also, a lot of this can be fixed with tweaks.

not having to have a certen amount of your men watch over them not having caravan or ACTUAL camp followers (as in support staff) heard the cattle. by surrounding them and you know going full on cowboy with it. having them fallow your army is far more realistic than letting them wander the fuck around the map because you cannot split your army, delegate tasks or run a proper caravan.

Do the lords treat you any differently?

you're not wrong

aye whats that balance mod of the weeb mod? anyone know what Im talking about?
Gekokujo I think its called. It has a balance mod or something because the guy stopped working on it or something?

There is that daimyo edition sub mod, but that introduces more balance issues and is not that good last time I heard. The main issue I see is how guns are kind of shit.

HOW TO HAVE A HEALTHY MOUTH
BRUSH YOUR FUCKING TEETH NIGGA, IT AIN'T HARD. I NEVER go to the dentist and my teeth/gums are still fine, and my breath is fine.

this
also floss

But it's too easy.

NIGGA I WILL SLAP YOU

Making a game hard or easy should not be putting up with the games bullshit but rather using what is available to you To OVERCOME whatever the game throws at you.

NOT CHASE FUCKING CATTLE AROUND

t. casual

do we have a stalker like mod list for mount and blade also? I want something new to play but don't know what.

honetly not a bad idea and the town they give you is shit tier (they find the poorest town and give it to you), also if ur a merc u are garentied sum money