Sega planning “revival and creation of major IPs”

>Packaged Games Field (example titles: Total War: Warhammer, Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, Football Manager 2017, and Persona 5)

>Expand existing IPs and obtain new IPs for North American and European PC games
>Build revenue base by being entrusted with outsourced development
>Challenge for new IPs
>Revival of major IPs
>Effective utilization of development engines

>Digital Games Field (example titles: Puyo Puyo!! Quest, Hortensia Saga, Chain Chronicle 3, and Phantasy Star Online 2)

>Create titles that will become global hits
>Establish digital marketing business
>Expand overseas publishing business
>Maintain profits through long-term operation of existing titles
>Develop next-generation titles

gematsu.com/2017/05/sega-planning-revival-major-ips

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Gychy
nintendolife.com/news/2015/07/sega_sorry_that_it_betrayed_fans_hopes_to_win_you_back_with_a_new_game_announcement_this_september
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm more interested in what they have planned for the Switch

Sega got really good at burning their bridges and fucking up their franchises. It's like they're becoming self-aware and much less senile.

I wondered what would have happened if Nintendo died instead. What kind of Console would Sega have had now?

Get ready for a new Jet Set Radio game without Naganuma as the composer

What this means is porting more games, then making a sequel to whichever games sell over X units.

I'm not complaining, however.

I want a new Sonic game not this crap

will they make a 3d sonic game thats actually good following the success of mania?

Neat, how are they doing as a company anyway. I feel like they tread very carefully. I wonder if the shit they brought to the PC selling well showed them there is a market there.

Nigger, Naganuma has been itching to compose for years

HERE COMES THE YAKUZA PC

Panzer Dragoon full series remake, pretty please with sugar on top.

We're still not gonna get a new Jet Set Radio out of it, and I will remain perpetually disappointed.

You realize that two Sonic games are coming, right?

Jesus, Sega is really becoming more based lately.

When will SEGA revive Streets of Rage? I feel that's going to be around the time C&C will be made great again

I'm hoping they stay true to their Japanese roots and make something truly amazing.

Why does the article say Square Enix in the first sentence? How could they miss that?

Hitler dubs says it will happen. Time for a Sega revival? Hopefully Gearbox will die out and Randy will be exposed as a fraudster even more.

One can only hope

Apparently Sega also earned $220 million. Hopefully this means more PC ports, shit like Jet Set Radio Future/Shenmue/Skies of Arcadia/Shenmue HD remakes, and SEGA making games great again.

Stupid spoiled privileged SJW faggot kids don't know what Sega is these days

Blue stinger please.

We already get enough Sanic.

Source? If it is claims from tornado1994 on Youtube/MrSega/whatever the fuck that dumb nigger wants to call himself, then disregard it.

SKIES
OF
ARCADIA

I need a list of games they are reviving before I get hyped.

BRING BACK VIRTUA FIGHTER! AND BY THAT A NEW FUCKING INSTALLMENT!

Sakura Wars NEVER EVER

Sega approach of late has been: Zero hype, let something "slip" and announce a very close release date shortly after that.

Mmmm, I don't think that will happen. Fighting games are a small niche now, Tekken will take VF place on the fully 3D fighting place.

MAKE SEGA GREAT AGAIN
We will rebuild Sega into something better than ever before and make the Jews pay for it!

Sega is becoming Great Again™ and I want to see a new Flicky game.

I want a new fucking Ecco game, godammit

Don make me laugh.

The PC thing is great, it would be great to see more of Sega's Nip only or console only games come to PC, Yakuza would be a great thing to see, I'm personally not interested in playingYakuza on PC but dismantling arbitrary third party Playstation exclusivity is only a net gain for consumers.

In a perfect world these would have been the only 7th gen platforms.

Both of those platforms had really small discs storage wise (and size for one of em) and honestly I see no reason why you would think of that as a good thing.

Don't you mean 6th?

Sega's current fiscal results look good

We need to bring project Dream back to life. Make Sega PC real: Sega does what Steam doesn't.

Astal remaster.
Come on Sega.

It'd be really funny if they revived them on Pachinko even if the gambling ban is being lifted people will still play pachinko

I completely forgot about those, fucking monkeys paw everytime.

Yeah, focus on good games for your fanbase, worry about normal fags later. You ruin games by teying to appeal to people who wouldn't play your game.

Give me a source please.

How can Sega attract people away from Steam with their own service? They need investment from people who aren't in it for profits too. No jewsin other words.

That would be a Sega thing to do. Ignore the Konami backlash and try to compete with them.

Definitely a good thing.

Yeah, I have no idea how I typed 7th, because I distinctly remember thinking about typing 6th, oh well.

A small group of people from Sega was working on a PC "console" of sort. Not to compete with Steam service, but rather to compete with the Steam station box on the console PC pre-built market.

Things would have been different if Nintendo and Sega had reversed.

By the way, I agree with your triple dubs, I just don't know how they can compete with Steam, despite Steam's fuck ups.

They probably won't try with mobage but rather browser games since Sony is too busy printing millions a month with Fate/Grand Order

Sega Sammy also makes pachinko machines too this is monkey's paw x100.

Were you talking about THE Project Dream that is unrealistic and got fucked up when tornado1994 tried to take over the project by spreading to news sites he was a part of the team (when he wasn't)? Fuck that guy, the project made no sense and tornado1994 made all Sega fans look bad. Fuck that dumb nigger.

Yeah, I know. It is still a revenue stream at least.

I remember a little while ago they bought Technosoft and all their IPs from whoever owned it.

So I wouldn't mind if they made a new Thunder Force. or a collection

The only real issue there is windows, but if done right that could be a hit, Valve fucked it up bad though, I honestly thought their plan was just to release a cheap gaming PC in the vein of the Xbox one/PS4 but running linux, instead you got overpriced gaming PCs running a custom OS with Valves branding, yes who'd have thought that would fail.

We will never get back the days when companies made what they thought would be a good product for the sake of making a good product instead of catering to the current whims of the mass market.

Be nice. Sega only seemed to give a shit about Sonic and Phantasy Star these days.

Sadly.

Sakura Wars: The Complete Collection w/ a Western release

i have a feeling that someone higher up was replaced in the last two or three years with someone who understands how to make money. their PC rereleases in particular show a peculiar kind of care that shows someone actually cares; the fact that they were like "hope you're ready for bayonetta on PC!", everyone said "omg when" and they replied "probably next week". they've stopped fucking around so much and have started going back to just giving us videogames. not to mention the fact that the sonic twitter is still going shows that they're self-aware and are intent on public image especially, if not self-improvement

Depends, we're seeing a global shift, poitics, marketing, trends, finance.

Even Hollywood is becoming desperate and unsustainable at this point.

Its certainly better now that it was 2008-2012 where everything was centralized and only bigger hitters would survive the market.

Considering that Kellie Parker was the previous Twitter and social media bitch in charge of Sonic…Thank God for Aaron. He is undoing a lot of damage Kellie did. Kellie is a harscore SJW and even mentioned for one of the games's websites that Eggman was a feminist and he has good intentions.

Karma and an Act of God was delivered upon Kellie when she got cancer, legit after leaving. She was praising Ireland passing gay marriage on her Twitter.

New CEO was appointed this January and theyve ended their restructure that started at the end of 2015

Mark pls go

FUCK YOU THIS IS ONE OF THE GAMES THAT I'M STILL LEARNING THIS MEME LANGUAGE FOR

VIRTUA FIGHTER 5: FINAL SHOWDOWN COMPLETE EDITION FOR PC WHEN
VIRTUA FIGHTER 2 HD PC VER. WHEN
VIRTUA FIGHTER 6 WHEN
FIGHTERS MEGAMIX 2 WHEN

DURAL HENTAI WHEN

New Shinobi game would be nice.

AFTER WE GET MORE VIRTUA FIGHTER

You can still be smug without being an obnoxious asshole faggot

Yeah, no, fuck off.

DURAL IS NOT FOR LEWDS

We need more Crazy Taxi, where is crazy taxi?
One with level designer would be rad as fuck.

So does this mean Phantasy Star Online 2 will be released in a readable language?

Shining Force anyone?

Dude, you should have been here a few years ago in an old Virtua Fighter thread. Wr kinda figured how Virtua Fighter caused the downfall of Sega unintentionally.

The main villains of Virtua Fighter is an illuminati organization called Judgement 6, right? J6 controls finances, miltary defence contractors, biological warfare shit, start wars, and a bunch of other stuff, plus they use Tarot refences, like in the occult. Like the jews. J=jews. Then rhe other user said the 6 is the 6 sides of the star of david and flag of Israel so Judgement 6 is the jews. And that is why Sega and Yu Suzuki fell from grace.

THEY NAMED THE JEW THROUGH VIRTUA FIGHTER

Just use the fucking translator, you colossal faggot. Considering they took down the other servers and only Japan stands still, I'd dare to say no, they won't release more PSO2.

I loved Skies of Arcadia, and that idea irks me. It was a complete story, all perfectly satisfactory and self-contained, no loose ends, no cliffhanger – it does not need a sequel.

No cumming inside the metal milf's steel snatch?

I prefer a new Phantasy Star that isn't an MMO and more story driven.

archive.is/Gychy

They should stay the fuck away after their Pillars of Eternity failure. Obsidian is an SJW company now.

Please no

Stop being a faggot kike and learn to drive stick instead of Nintendo gimmick wankery

German Fedor lookalike to armbar the jew?

Someone should reach out to Sega, give them a warning.

This, let them know that Western Developers are trash. Better to compose a white list on who to collaborate with.

STOP

Don't forget the black list. I bet Gearbox is already on it.

you're clearly not an arcade game enthusiast or an Initial D fan or you're just following the "it's bad when Nintendo does it" meme to a self-destructive end.

Not the point, my point is thay he eants the real thing but he doesn't even know how to drive with a manual transmission because hes a burger.

Is Alpha Protocol worth a playthrough?

I swear, the blacklist would be long. A white list is easier to work with. I would want a new Sega SNK Collaboration.

Don't port Initial D Zero. They removed the Eurobeat

and you're shit-talking him then posting something without a clutch or more than two gears, what's your fucking point

I suppose the real question is whether they mean "major IPs" as in being big classically, or simply somewhat recently.

Also, I'm sorry, but I am expecting what "revival" is to happen to be mostly as mobile shit. A number of companies sadly aren't willing to take a risk on the home console/handheld consumers that had bought the entries in the series prior back when they were active, and instead shift to trying to entice mobilefags, as if they can more than adequately replace prior fans. Though, if they want to prove that wrong and not fuck up (given Sega isn't the brightest company around), by all means.

Stop shitposting you fucking coon

Absolutely

Hey man, I like my Total War and Endless.

My point is that he wants the "real thing" and is as far away as possible as he can from it, especially with his suggestion.

What Western Devs do you approve of Sega collaborating with?

レンタヒーロー2が欲しいです。 セガガガも欲しいです。

君を笑いに来た

Okay but where's my Anarchy Reigns port first?

Is it time for a new Shinobi?

I'd say Cyanide but I'm not sure if they're talented enough to handle it.

You can't really complain about Nintendo's "gimmick simulation hardware" if you're actually enjoying arcade simulation games, which are gimmicks in the same vein as Nintendo's Switch, and telling us to go out and buy "gimmick wankery" yourself.

The gyro controls themselves allow both the tablet and the Joycon grip/pro-controller to function as a driving wheel with the same amount of precision and if necessary, they could just release a wheel for playing at home like they did with the Wii, but you apparently missed the point that the attraction would be the portability and being able to maintain the portability factor while still replicating the experience of the arcade. I'm 99% positive you'd have no issue with this whatsoever if the Switch wasn't a Nintendo console. I'm sorry the hate boner has hampered the blood flow to your brain.

Also, something caught my interest.
That doesn't sound good.

Persona 5 mobage spinoffs?

Have you ever played any racing arcade ever in your entire faggot life? How much of a fucking cock gobbling fanboy do you have to be in order to equate those shitty motion controllers to an arcade?
Fuck off already.

Well, yeah, that's bound to happen. Mobile shit is very profitable considering the low investment required. I just hope they don't limit all the less known IPs to mobile, that wouldn't be much better than what we got in recent years.

I miss the days of proper steering wheel and gas pedal peripherals.

wwwwwwwwwwwww

It's not too bad. I want another proper RPG/shooter hybrid like it. You sneak around a CIA safehouse and pick up intel that will help you in a future mission and on that mission it gives you the weakness of one of the leaders in another operational theatre, that sort of thing.

Eugen Systems, Stardock, Triumph Studios or Illwinter Game Design

Oh god my sides

yey my pic made the cut

Yes, and I know exactly what I'm fucking talking about. Now how about you fuck off and stop pretending that you have any argument besides "b-b-but Jewtendo!" as if your dislike of Nintendo as a company has any fucking relevance whatsoever.

Because the principle behind both technologies is the same fucking thing, you fucking retard. The gyro and motion controls on a device like the Switch and SEGA's car arcade machine are both made with the aim of offering a immersive simulation. It's the same fucking gimmick.

At this point I'm not sure if you're pretending to be retarded for the sake of shitposting or just truly retarded.
I'm out, say whatever, I don't care. I will not reply to you ever again.

That you Cody?

Nothing beats the actual peripherals.

Stand aside, here comes the grandmaster of all wheels.

That looks awesome as fuck.

Muh fuggin dik

It indeed is awesome as fuck. Got mine for 150, in excellent condition.

Wagglin' could never replace the sweet feel of a good wheel. You got it for quite a deal, it's like a steal.

Whats retail price on that?

Until it went out of production, 300 bucks. You can quite often still find them for 100-150 if you look around.

Ah, yes the typical response of faggots who get their ass blown out and bitch out when someone actually presses their argument. Good riddance. Go fuck off and crawl back in your mom's snatch.

where in the flying fuck did I say it was better than the physical object? All I said was that it could replicate the arcade experience on a portable console better than any other platform and could provide relatively accurate tension through proper calibration. And of course that dumb motherfucker was like "it doesn't even have a proper wheel and pedals," which would defeat the whole fucking purpose of having a portable Initial D in the first place, but at least if HD Rumble and motion controls were utilized properly, you could have settings that allow the pad at least to have roughly the same feeling of weight to it as you turn it. There's no logical reason why the Switch wouldn't be capable of handling that, since it's tech is pretty much built for it already. And if you're used to playing arcade racing games on consoles over the arcade machine, even with peripherals, it's hardly a big step from secondary peripherals that haphazardly try to imitate the arcade machine to something like a Switch where at least the tablet + joycons + calibrated motion/gyro controls can give an immersive arcade-like experience. A game like Initial D is a game where the gyro, motion and HD rumble on the Switch could actually be put to practical use and it suits the game because it's not just a game but a simulation where hardware that is suited for simulating things like weight, motion, rumble and tension only contributes to the experience.

Why are you writing properly then improperly? Some asshole who thinks that studying books makes them a master of languages?

Classic Logitech
Thanks for the info, I'll try to get one for sure.

TL;DR
Get a Vita

Actually it was in production for five years. And the newer wheels don't come with the stick anymore, yet cost the same. Need to buy the stick for another 50-60 bucks separately.

Was about to say that myself. Wheels have gotten expensive, maybe because most retards can't run a stick and wheel manufacturers saw the opportunity to kike people out.
I think no company is shipping wheels with sticks anymore, it's not only Logitech.

A shame
Thanks man

So what exactly does this mean, a new space harrier game, more Sonic as usual, or shit like bayonetta 3. Or hell, maybe they'll just revive a fucking ATLUS games.

That's nice and all, but i'd rather have new fucking games that may/not have a PC version than see the PC reddit race get jerk itself off over leftover scraps.

there's no initial d game on the vita either.

PC fags are the only people who care about Sega these days.

Is Sega really the only developer/publisher worth a damn at this point?

Dunno about that, Sonic's getting a "eh whatever" reaction from what i can tell, but people seem to like yakuza.

With their recent actions, possibly.

I don't think people want to touch Sonic now thanks to Chris-chan's infamy and the rest of the Sonic fanbase. It's why Sonic Boom is so self-aware in making fun of itself.

Remind me when the last "revival of the old IP" went well?

You mean turn-based JRPGs? The market is too competitive. They won't risk it.

Outrun 2 and Coast 2 Coast was nice.

PSO2 is second only to FF14 in Japan, so i guess that worked out well.

Wild Hunt sucked. Massive downgrade and riddled with nVidia Gameworks "middleware" which acted more like malware.

Sega actually withdrew a couple of years ago from the pachishit market even after it's fist of the north star "game" made tons of money citing unstable future for the market.

Aye it had serious flaws but it's still DRM free and literally the 3rd game they ever made, first open world one and managed to BTFO of every other nu open world tripe. They're far from perfect (not releasing proper SDK or linux support) but compared to the rest of the industry they're fucking saints. I'm nothing but excited for Cyberpunk from what they've been revealing in interviews about their ambitions for it.

IIRC the witcher 3 included mandatory use of GoG's galaxy DRM client, and said client has some hidden fumctions that reported to CDPR.

Also Bamco kinda sucks, they censored a fucking dragon ball game and the newest tales game among others because nintendo/pegi would have thrown a bitch fit.

Someone go live and harass them nonstop about PSO2's western release already.

You're setting yourself up for some massive disappointment

Sega really was sorry and really is winning us back.
Has any other company ever admitted their faults and try to change like Sega has.

nintendolife.com/news/2015/07/sega_sorry_that_it_betrayed_fans_hopes_to_win_you_back_with_a_new_game_announcement_this_september

That one is a literal never ever, it's creator is an autistic sperg that despises the fanbase, particularly western one, and will never make another one.

Does this mean Samba de Amigo Vive is no longer canceled?

Try the past 21+ the japs and Bernie fucking Stolar really stabbed people in the back with that fucking sega saturn bullshit.

It's just words, user. It's like when you're called a faggot, except you really are. So that is a bad example.

I own the gog release. It requires no such thing. They did fuck up the retail release though.

Well it's proprietary so if you have it installed you don't really know what it's doing. It could be taking screenshots of your desktop like OSU! The shitty nature of proprietary software but what can ya do? Go full GNU vidya? I'm not ready for that. Anyway I think it was just achievement synchronization. It's not half as bad as the restrictions other clients impose… and it's also not a necessary client for any single player vidya on their platform.

They really do but it doesn't stop T7 from being the hottest shit right now. The only way it could get better is if they eventually contract Feral Interactive to handle a linux version around the end of the first season of content.

>>>/NeoGaf/

Do you suck dicks?

eighty-six posts ago I mentioned that it'd be alright to have a new Shinobi game. I would like to add an addendum to that statement; It'd also be alright to have Shinobi and Kunoichi HD remasters with some bonus content, or something like that to sweeten the deal

Never trust jews named Bernie, dubs man.

SA3 when?

Good on Sega.

You can get PSO2 with english translations with the gamecube version if I am not mistaken.

Also custom servers.

Episode 2 is not the same as Phantasy Star Online 2

Get ran over by a truck faggot, I'll be playing Max Anarchy with actual human beings in a few months.

As opposed to shitty ass console remasters done entirely to double dip? On platforms where there won't be backwards compatibility after their next 'version' comes out? (and sub fees to a 3rd party just to go online)

Yeah I'll take 'leftover' ports of some based games onto the PC than some nuGame any day of the week.

They are already taking a risk making games that aren't Sonic. They can afford a Phantasy Star story driven single player that should have good gameplay that doesn't fall into the shortcomings of the PSO games.

My bad. They need a better naming scheme though.

Also, I want Border Break.

Never. The Sonic Adventure Saga is over. Let it go.

For it to really be adventure 3 it would need characters with different play styles and a story focus again. That is a risk for Sega since for a long time people complained that Sonic had too many friends and said Sonic is only about going fast.
Boost gameplay Sonic is low risk hi reward for Sega. We need to see just what Sonic Forces is going to be like.

I want an anime like that. Reminds me of Slayers. Is there anything this atmospheric in 2017 or at least something older?

Good joke

There already is SW anime.

Just go watch some anime from that superior time period

Well, time to go back to ignoring modern gaming.

Yeah.

Pathetic, consider suicide faggot

You realize that nobody ACTUALLY gives a fuck about 'trust' or 'making a great game' in itself in capitalism and only care about money? They've lost money, so that's what they're trying to regain, but they don't give a shit about you or your trust or your vidya.

It could be another standalone story set in the same universe, like in most other JRPG series.

Capitalism = vote with your wallet. Sega realized tgey fucked up and want to make money again, so they are actually taking their heads off their asses to win their paying customers. Survival of the fittest, the ones that don't make money dies, like Mass Effect.

My nigga

A: Sega releases all new games simultaneously on PC
B: Sega makes a new console

That's only in theory because executives are extremely prone to interpreting the market the wrong way, but theory is better than nothing.

Consoles are dead, why bother?

It's too expensive to make a new console for a company like Sega, and it has diminishing returns now due to heavy competition. (3 other console makers, mobile gaming, and PC gaming) They're better off staying a 3rd party.

A new House of the Dead would be nice.
Which style would be better? To be akin to the style of Overkill or HotD 4?

It's the best system we have even though it's really flawed since the alternatives are worst.

That would help explain why Okada "left" Atlus. His games were too redpiled.

Making a console would just fuck them up again

I can agree with that.

Sega itself has said many times that it will never make a new console as it would literally kill them in this day and age.

Honestly, I could see them making their own digital platform and/or operating system.

I don't see how the series can continue from 4.

JUST FUCKING KILL SONIC ALREADY

Hope they bring back Vectorman.

Saw a long time ago that they tried making a Vectorman game for the PS2 that was a third person shooter, but they cancelled it.

Shit, I would play a 3D Vectorman. I'd love that. Maybe with online multiplayer too.

stfu faggot

Sonic is here to stay.

After PSO2 fuck up I aint even interested.

they shut down sea? why?

They literally have nothing to lose, why won't they just make Adventure 3 already?

I wonder how they are going to fuck it up this time.

Sammy was right, you people are the cancer killing Sonic.

It's already been explained.

More Virtua Soccer please

What's cancer is more of the same garbage, and lack of gameplay variety, What's cancer is them relying on the 2
5D crutch for 5 fucking games now, What's cancer is Tails and Knuckles being playable in fuckig mania, but in forces we get fucking fat chode sonic again.

Yep, cancer.

Checks out

sonic is the cancer killing sonic

Sonic was the tits for it's time. All you had was a fat fucking plumber and his shitty slow gameplay. No thanks. Mario was a tired concept then and remains a tired concept today.

Same thing for Zelda. Let the fucking franchise die already.

you're clearly a casul and cannot into 2d mario gameplay

I need Ristar 2 in my life. And Comix Zone 2 too.

Sure thing faggot

You mean Rerstar?

Just make a chao mobile game you fucking retarded subhumans, it's that simple.

Jet Set Radio reboot/remake please.

Damn, is this thread bringing back memories and feels…

There's a RingEdge emulator technically the game is running on a PC so the emulator just emulates the custom hardware and proprietary things so it won't be the same shit as say a PS2 emulator where the game are half broken years later that's currently well in development you'll get to play that sooner or later.

A mobile game would mean micro-transactions. Not that they wouldn't do that shit if it was done another way (buy rare animals, drives & eggs, save how your chao looks so you can imprint that "DNA" onto another chao or the same one when it reincarnates, etc).

Imagine if it was a download game on a console or PC- and it interacted with other Sonic games from that point? All the rings you pick up go into your Chao Garden wallet, and beating the level buy a certain grade earns you random animals & drives (based on what level it is. I.e. a water level might give you a fish-man if you get an S-Rank).
It further incentivizes playing levels over and over again beyond improving your time and/or score.
Like that it might be easy to hack and get what you want though.

I do approve of anything that makes Sonic autists more visually identifiable.

I realize that, but from a purely profiteering perspective it's the most obvious choice, and it baffles me they haven't even considered it.

it doesn't need a remaster, and modern 2d visuals would make it look worse.

IIRC, wasn't there hints in the games story of another Moon? A black one?

In any case, seeing what various places look like 100 years in the future could be interesting. Yellow Kingdom rebuilding. Blue Kingdom becoming more of a major power since Yellow got fucked. More people exploring the lower levels of the old world.

Just let me move my party members around so I can line up their special attacks easier.

I think it's more because the games have been utter shit for decades.

there's only been a few utter shit ones, i don't care for the 3d games but sonic's been uphill since 06.

Maybe because Sonic's reputation, they figure why risk it? normalfags won't play it over Sonic Runner- and that must make decent bucks.

But franchise aside- I agree. Maybe getting all the different body mutation would be too much for a smart-phone to handle?

The Black Moon is hinted at covering the dark rift you go through, since every region is shaped by the moon shining over it.

What I wish this meant:

What it actually means:

Oh god.
That would be painful.

SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

In all seriousness, this is pleasant news. We might have something to look forward to if they pull it off in a competent way.

stop this.

I got u fam

what if goldman returns

I unironically loved this game.

Streets of Rage 4?

it was fun

Already happened.

What happened when that picture was taken?

Wow wee, in other words, rehash, remakes, sequels, prequels, and lets not forget pay-up-the-ass dlc just to play the complete game.

No thanks

Just give me a Puyo Puyo mega collection and I'll shill the fuck out of Sega.

Will we finally have that Alex Kidd/Sonic reebot?

Meant crossover

That game was the shit. I need to play that again.

Dark Savior&Landstalker for PC never ever
at least i have Ys

Which Western Developer should make Vectorman? The guys who did Prime?

I can't believe what fantastic morons you guys are being, shill hypemen in the thread aside. You know better. This isn't going to turn out alright at all. It's like you've forgotten the concept of a monkey's paw.

But okay, do what you will.

Their last good game was New Vegas.

Are those 2D graphics simulating 3D? It looks amazing.

Yeah that's the thing. Sonic has his ups and downs, but 2005-2009 (excluding Unleashed arguably) was considered the actual dark age of Sonic because no one knows what the hell to do with the IP. They failed spectacularly with replicating the Adventure formula, and if it wasn't for Unleashed's Daytime stages, Sonic would have been reduced to a bunch of spinoff party games like modern Pac-Man until Boom would take over and fail as well killing him completely. Colors and Generations provided a much needed reference and safety net. Even Lost World, while mediocre, was a step up because despite the experimental run button concept not working, it definitely was polished (glitch free) compared to Sonic's other downs in his run. And the Boom games weren't monitored by Sonic Team for quality control, with their only contribution being to tell them to knock it off with their off field redesigns. Can't really compare Modern Sonic to Classic as the former offers their own strengths and weaknesses. Here's hoping Mania helps provide a job market for fangame devs. And probably more sprite games that actually try to have more efforts in their sprites beyond just emulating for nostalgia's sake.

are they becoming more based, or is it that even the other japanese companies have fallen so far that to achieve based status is a low hurdle now?

cunts won't be based till they bring me yakuza kenzan/isshin

Fuck off

It was most of the same team, anyways there have been no less than 4 attempts at making a new SOR from the original composer who offered to create it with his in-house studio to the BC Rearmed devs and some other more, Sega turned them all down.

Also if you never heard of Fighting Force then you have to be underage.

It was a sega and eidos joint sor4 project that had it's original name changed after the two companies fell out because eidos wanted to port the game to every other console while sega was still a first party console developer.
Kill yourself underaged faggot and fuck off back to reddit.

I would agree with you considering big Japanese publishers are trying to copy western, but you missed very important factor: they mentioned their Japanese releases and how they were successful in the west despite being on PS4, not to mention that we all know how they handled Persona 5 release which has nothing to do with the west. Instead of being pussies they didn't butcher their games with pozzed american localization and I bet devs with SEGA learned something from it.
I'm leaning toward "We need to make our games more available in the west" rather than "We need to water our own vision down to pander harder to american tastes", especially considering that their fans were screaming at SEGA to begin releasing their games outside of fucking PS4 since forever, the same people who voted with their wallets on PC most importantly. Have a little faith, after all they're the last good big company left in Japan and they actually listen to their fans. Their literal fans are making official Sonic game, for fuck's sake.

I think this will be very apparent now given that the two biggest games of the year thus far have been Persona 5 and Nier: Automata, both of which make no attempts to cater to American sensibilities.

GIVE ME A COSMIC SMASH 2 WITH CO-OP/MULTIPLAYER AND ONLINE LEADERBOARDS

kys post haste

suh-weet

Fuck you nigger. I want to BELIEVE DAMN IT.

i have one and it makes for the best fucking gaming ever. slamming through the gears in any racing game feels awesome, and euro/american truck simulator? man, it's so well-done you even have to balance clutch/gas and change the ratio when you're starting from a dead stop on a hill etc. it's fucking banging

Get the fuck out, that game was my childhood.

It's really a shame they removed the multiplayer aspect when they did the dreamcast sequel.

Sakura Wars had a TV series, several OVA tie ins for the games and a movie and they're all actually pretty cheap to get on DVD if you know where to look.

It's one of the most competent harem series out there.

Useless for drifting tho, FFB is too slow, but it is absolutely fine for regular racing
I do it all the time on Assetto Corsa

WHAT THE FUCK

Ha.

C: a console that actually plugs into your PC and acts as an upgrade if you have a toaster

I know it's and old article that why I used past tense words, My point was the CEO was being serious and two years later we can see that Sega real is shaping up their brand.

It's because the new Initial D movies removed them.

SEGA….. CONSOLE?

New Power Stone. Calling it now.

But that's a Capcom IP.

If someone from SEGA is reading this, just a reminder that SEGA owns these and many more under utilized franchises and there is a big PC audience.

Ristar
OutRun
Panzer Dragoon
Space Harrier/Planet Harriers
Jet Set Radio
SEGA All-Stars Racing
Streets Of Rage
Dynamite Dux
Crazy Taxi
SEGA Rally
Gunstar Heroes
Virtua Fighter/Fighter's Megamix
Virtua Cop
Virtual-On
Super Monkey Ball
Border Break
Shinobi
Space Channel 5
Ecco
Nights
Herzog
SegaSonic
SpikeOut
Alien Storm
Sega Bass Fishing
Guardian Heroes
Bonanza Bros
Sonic Riders
Power Drift
Ollie King
Golden Axe
Fantasy Zone
House Of The Dead
Samba De Amigo
Comix Zone
Billy Hatcher
Alien Front
Burning Rangers
Dynamite Deka
LA Machineguns
Puyo Puyo
Daytona
Yakuza
Initial D

Fucking finally.
I guess they're starting to lose the nippon money.

And don't casualize it for the jews, SJWs, and niggers.

WAITO PIGGU GO HOME!

Anglos are the niggers of Europe

But only if the (difficulty) and the gameplay length is doubled or tripled.

NiGHTS?

Somehow still less wasted IPs than Capcom.

Oh. Whatever. Let me know when there's rumblings of spiritual successor (or even a sequel) to pic related.

stop lying.

Hope so.

considering how much we're seeing fire emblem on 3ds and mobile nowadays, I think it would make sense to Sega to try and revive Shinning Force and try riding that wave too.

woooow can't wait!

This makes me sad. There is so much more life that could be breathed into this IP. I mean look at this design, NiGHTS actually looks kind of evil, which makes sense since he/she was supposed to be originally. It never made sense how cutesy NiGHTS ended up looking.

New Bug! game when?

yes please

they could be just distortions of the dream

NEW SEGAGAGA WHEN
E
W

S
E
G
A
G
A
G
A

W
H
E
N

They say shit like this every year. Nothing ever comes of it.

Ohh shit you just made me do a remember
maybe 2 years ago i played this racing arcade game that was in the lobby of a movie theater, and it had the most fucking amazing feedback when you did ANYTHING.

you could feel the engine rumble. when you go in the air after driving off of a ramp you can move the steering wheel without any force, but once you hit the ground the steering wheel jerks hard and gets really stiff again.
that shit was cool.

anyhow; in comparason to that, the joycons and your shitty wheel controllers are equally gimmicky trash.

So they're finally unleashing the Pandora's box of Autism.

One can hope, at least.

Could SEGA be the chosen one after all? I fear the worst, but i hope for the best.

okay just be straight with me and tell me where that cropped dragon porn image is from

New Shining Force please. Make Sega great again.

lol no

On another note…

Well, I'd like a new, good Altered beast…

Are you ready?

Ready for a trip on the wild ride?