Why can't we have normal skins?

Guys, why is the whole gaming industry so jewish? FFS, I hate fucking cosmetics. I mean Valve fucked up cs:go hard, but even if we assume for a second that it is not a downgraded kiddy game, it would still suck because of those weird ass cosmetics. What's wrong with adding somewhat realistic skins? Why they have to add these weird ass futuristic skins?

I seriously don't, why do people like them now? Back in the days these kind of skins would get downvoted on places like Gamebanana. What changed? Why are people okay with them now?

No they wouldn't

They would, not anymore because now gamebanana is also infested with this cs:go shit. But back in the days if you sorted by ranking the tops were results were all new models. Reskins would get downvoted, unless they were hd reskins. You did have a few joke submissions, like the magic bullet, or the dual pistols where one is frozen and the other one is in flames, but most skins were realistic back then.

I am modding games since ages and it has recently turned cancer.

Like, what? The fact that the most popular gamemode isn't 32 player dust2 only 24/7?

You think thats bad? Coh2 has skins with semi realistic markins of emblems vehicle numbers etc but only on the skins that cost money. They ones you get by playing are all ofcourse pretty much just ugly as shit and dont have any markings.

them downgrading the gameplay to make it easier and more fun for noobs

The made the game more about pros and skins than actually playing the game. The game went really downhill when they started adding spam to chat telling you about what other players were trading and getting for skins.

I know, right? There's no skins with a wooden finish, the majority of them look like NERF guns.

The core mechanics are comparable in depth to older titles, they only removed bunnyhopping because it was never intended to be in the game and felt out of place, weapons are more balanced and viable, reworked maps are generally better than the originals, matchmaking and netcode are some of the best on the market.

I can only blame valve for leaving hostage rescue untouched and for being lazy with map reworks and new maps, other then that the game is great.

Wow that's curious, I have almost 1k hours and I never opened a case or bought a skin, I don't follow the pro scene and I have fun with the game.
And what do you mean with the chat spam? Are you upset by the fact that at the end of a match you see a couple of crates on the left of your screen?

comeback money, tagging removed, game is overall less punishing. I play cs since ages and cs:go is just overall trash. Valve turned this once good game into reddits number 1 favorite game.

Listen bud if you still enjoy the game and you can still play it. I can't/won't stop you. However I think that if you pay for a game you should have access to everything in that game. Locking something like cosmetics behind a pay wall annoys me so I don't play it anymore.

Play CS:S
Install whatever mod you want, there's literally thousands.
Have fun because nobody uses SV_PURE 1

CoD made shitty technicolor gun "camos" popular. CS:GO further shittied it up by coupling it with the TF2 crate system(even worse since you have to pay for the chance to get crates then buy keys). I am honestly surprised no one tried to make a camo pattern system where the colors change depending on the map you play on.

When did you last play the game? Yes, when it came out it was a shitty console port and it didn't have tagging, but as of now the game is great and polished.

And I don't understand what's inherently wrong with comeback money, it just makes the game more varied and less one sided, not necessarily worse.

DUDE

HERB

Ranarr?

Applying a different color scheme to a weapon model is easy, remodeling an existing weapon model takes effort

I had pre ordered it, played it in the beta and until the phoenix season pass. It was shit back then and I seriously doubt it is much better today.

also matchamking ruined the game too, now every casual noob things they are pro gamers. Back in the old days you could just join esl/esea for serious matches, but now they are full of noobs too who think they are too good for normal matchmaking.

That's not the worst part about TF2 now. Since a year or two ago they added CS:GO gun skins on top of all the other WOW, SUPER RARE ORANGE TEXT, ROBOT HEAD HANGIN, SPARKLY SHIT cancer that didn't add anything to game. I wish for the days of crates and virtual 2$ keys.

Dude what's wrong with botkillers?
They're just stock reskins

Imagine walking through Auschwitz with m14 weed camo.

Why walk around buildings that were built after the war with a weed lmao raifu?

Non sequitur, I'm talking about Botkillers, not Decorated Weapons.

No AI rifles come with a wooden stock.

Your nostalgia is fucking with you

I want a multiplayer nerf gun game where all the unlockable skins make them look like real guns, give them real gun sound effects, and make blood effects come off the player model when they hit.

I am pretty sure that it is not. As I have said above, I am modding games since ages and reskins were generally labeled as lazy because all you do is open up the texture shit in photoshop and edit it.

Every faggot would submit a camouflag skin or a piss yellow skin (calling it gold) and people would shit on them. I did play cs, cs:s and all the ut games, and I am pretty sure mods were pretty decent back then.

I could certainly go with an ice cold Mountain Dew™ right about now.

Do penises really swing around like that when dudes walk?

Why not stand up and see?

this is supposed to be a worksafe board user

Cosmestics are the best thing to happen to video games for two reasons:

1. They have zero effect on gameplay.

2. Dick-swallowing faggots get mad about them for some reason.

LMAO

ignore the faggots please.

Is it too much to ask that they at least look good?
I don't want an AK-47 with a dildo for a grip, I want a pistol or shotgun with some really nice engravings on it.

There's a lot of player psychology in play here. Many of the skins you can equip in CSGO are actually quite good, but the ones that are farther up in rarity tend to be the most popular and worst looking.
I haven't touched the game in a long time, but an example that comes to mind is the M4A4's Forest DDPAT and ASIIMOV skins. The lower end paints in the "Mil-Spec" tier seem to be the cut off point before you tread into "Look at me, look at me!" autism.
It's not about the color or design for most players, they want it because someone else doesn't have it or can't afford it.

I can't because I'm disabled.

We're approaching this with every passing game

Truly meme magic is the most powerful force mankind can wield if you know how

Nope.

yknow the rules.

Engravings provide no tactical advantage whatsoever.