Remastered games

Hey Holla Forums, are there any games that you'd like to see be remastered, especially older titles that may not run easily on a modern machine?
Referring to PC games, but console is fine too

Pics related, I am now knee deep in my own semen.

Other urls found in this thread:

m210.duke4.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Body Harvest needs it more than anything I can think of.

Blood is getting worked on and almost finished, so thats something to look forward to.

m210.duke4.net/

I was going to play cryostasis : sleep of reason but the game is a fucking mess and runs like dog shit on far superior hardware.

Resident Evil Remake of course.

The pinnacle example.

If there was anyone to trust with making it, I'd like a spiritual sequel to it as well.

How have I not known about this?

I too like it when open source engine re-implementations get snatched up by kike publishers to never have their source codes or SDKs ever actually released to the public.

I want the kikes to leave my old favorites alone, thank you very much.

I would really like to see a port of Deus Ex to Idtech 4, also I would like to see a project to bring Deus Ex Invisible War to the same engine but with an emphasis on fixing it to make it more similar to Deus Ex, level sizes fixed, no more universal ammo, locational damage, bigger inventory and a few more fixes I can't think of off the top of my head.

A remaster of Ultima Underworld would go down great, mostly just a port to modern systems

A remaster of Kingpin Life of Crime would be great, The source code of the game exists too, but the person who has it ain't giving it up due to licensing issues, this is one game I wish Nightdive would actually acquire the rights to.

I would kill for a remaster of Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, preferably an open source release but I know that Valve won't be giving away source access to source.

Bards Tale runs like absolute shit, I wish Inxile would release a fucking remaster, the writing in that game is great, and a good comedy game is even rarer than a good game.

turok 1 and 2 being remade gave me the chance to learn how bad the games really are. turok 3 is the only good turok.

As many N64 games as possible, but mostly I'd like to see Rare Replay get a PC release.

What exactly is wrong with updating an older game to look and run better, when your only other alternative is putting up with shitty N64 framerates, resolution, and often less than perfect controls, or buggy emulation? Are you that triggered by the prospect of someone earning money?

Open Sourcing a game allows it to be patched and improved for free forever. Rather than paying for it and the game becoming broken on modern systems in another 10 years.

For example, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy got their source code released, and various fixes have been made for them thanks to that.

stamina bar regenerating health cover shooter faggots need not apply

that's nice, come back to reality any time though, you autistic child

lol kys shit taste fam tbqh

I an in reality you fucking retard. JO/JA got fixed for free and will ALWAYS be able to be fixed for free, FOREVER.

If you prefer giving money to people who didn't make the game and can't be expected to fully support it I to the indefinite future, then you have brain problems son.

If a fix or remaster comes from the original devs of the game, that is a different story. It shows they are willing to continue support.

Now fuck off.

into* the indefinite future
Fucking autocorrect

Well it would be nice if everyone just gave shit away for free, but that's not really a realistic thing to ask for. unless you're a commie.

The source code isn't the entire game you know. You still need the rest of the assets to actually play the game. Access to the source code just means you are able to update the executable file for the game you already own.

Pirates need not apply.

Let me guess you got lost, and quit like a little bitch. Here's a hint, press the "tab" key.

Turok 3 is just as samey" as Turok 1+2, that is absolutely nothing you can do to get around this for the N64. You have to conserve assets.

I like the part where they pretend that source code access/being allowed to improve on a game's engine is something that's regularly sold to users in any kind of commercial transaction.

Its hard to get lost in turok with an auto map available, its just very boring because of all the repeating textures, the lame platforming, and the bland engagements.

Turok 3 is designed more like half life than well, turol. Its a far better game.

They frontloaded the good bits at the early game, and then it slowly breaks down as you play. After the "wow cutscenes" euphoria wore off I didn't much care for it then since it's easy and boring I don't care much for it now either. The hardest part is draw distance obscuring some otherwise obvious routes, I only played it for the multiplayer which Turok 2 provides on it's own.

Set the difficulty to hard, or hardcore mode if you're a masochist. It's not just a health increase for enemies.

That got remastered on Steam years ago.

The remasters aren't done because somebody liked the game, they are done to make cold hard cash with as little effort as possible. Look at Beamdog.

the guy behind the engine really loves the games he "remasters" actually. His work is really something amazing and he's spent a ton of time. I'm not even sure if remaster is the best word for it.

Nightdive made a good choice in bringing him on after he announced the turok kex engine. Nightdive is doing good things and I think there's a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding going on regarding their positions in the industry.

Perfect fucking Dark, for PC. I'm upset they actually made a remaster for xbla, and nothing else. And no, using a mouse injector with an emulator doesn't count.

Ace Combat PS2 games

The guy working on the kex engine himself is a good dev, but most guys at Nightdive Studios are questionable in quality. That said, speaking of the kex engine GOG's offline installer finally has the level editor. I'm still playing around with it at the moment, some controls are a bit clunky that i don't quite get from the instruction manual.

Firstly, it can be both. Secondly I don't care what their intentions are as long as they put out a good port. I don't care how much my waiter likes the food I'm ordering. I'm going to eat it, not him.

source?

nvm too drunk

I generally like shooters from the 90's so I decided to give Turok 2 a try. The gore is pretty great but the level design (with the exception of the starting level) is complete shit. I'm pretty dissapointed desu.

night dive are kikes of the highest order. they simply wait around, buy rights to old games that nobody's doing anything with, pay a modder for his work and release his project for twenty bucks. i'm glad we can replay turok and turok 2 but man, i sure hope you pirated it

as soon as i entered this thread and looked upon your post i knew that you were my nigga

Any game stuck on consoles really.

The guy works for them now you dumbass its unlikely that we would get all this polish if not for them.
I agree that the pricepoint isn't the best and should have been on the 10-15 bucks range, but goddamn, the guys actually tried to get Blood and NOLF which are in dire need of some polish before Actikikes and Atari blew them off.

Thats like calling GOG kikes for actually making the games avaiable on digital, its not like piracy went away with their service anyway.

Just say saints row 2 unless you know of good games that run as bad and are about as old or older.

GOG are kikes you moron. i'm not going to argue that they're not better than Steam, because they are, but if you think they're some benevolent gods of classic gaming you're straight up retarded. they do even less than night dive; they often steal no CD cracks and throw them into their files, and otherwise just create dosbox prompts. again, it's great that we can replay the old classics and since they have no DRM i like them better than steam but they are first and foremost a store - they distribute old games for their current IP holders and take a cut

They provide a good service, I give them some shekels when I have them.
How is this hard?
How are they kikes by hiring and paying actual good member of the community and giving them a job they actually like?

I'm not really interested in seeing remasters. I wish that more companies would go back and rebuild a game from the ground up, make the game the developers wanted to make instead of the one they had to put out.
It pains me to see remasters that still have such obviously cut content and poor work due to time constraints.

It should be very playable these days with most cpu's in the 3ghz range. I played the game with a 2.4 ghz quad core. with most setting on high except physX.

Is Turok 2 better?
I didn't like the first one. I guess I was expecting a masterpiece from all the praise I saw it getting.

Mechwarriors and Mechcommanders.
Also Starlancer.

And Starlancer.

no

If that's what you're looking for then you'll always be disappointed. It is better then 1, though.

It has more polish. I like the first game more though. It just has more energy.

Who said anything about giving them jobs?

he'd be hiding his laughter as u chowed into a cheeseburger u payed as much as a wagyu steak for coz he's payed to present it as such.

Give me Exhumed/Powerslave already

Go find Powerslave EX then. Its not hard to find and its by that guy who did the Doom 64 EX port and those Turok ports.

Turok 2, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark..

I miss the comfy days of split screen gaming with friends.

Nigga they already remastered Turok 2.

and the other two as well.