Tell me about KF2 Holla Forums. Is it bad just because of the dyke characters ?

Tell me about KF2 Holla Forums. Is it bad just because of the dyke characters ?
I've been looking into it and it does not seem that bad outside of the 2 shitty newer characters. Should I try it ? I'm kind of itching for a horde killing game.
I can just pick this guy and stay away from the cosplayer character and kang.

What else about the game is bad, beside characters ?

Other urls found in this thread:

kinguin.net/category/2694/killing-floor-bundle-13-dlc-steam-key/
web.archive.org/save/http://8ch.net/v/res/12547808.html
archive.is/jrBCj
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its shit, pirate it give it some waves and stop playing.
Got it off of my system in 4 hours, its pretty mediocre and the only thing they've made better has been the melee.

Don't know if they ever fixed it, but from what I remember from a year ago the guns both sound and FEEL like shit.

How do you fuck up a formula you already perfected?

Oh yeah, also the weapons barely have recoil likely for PS4 parity.
They're also floaty as shit, AA12 feels and sounds like a fucking toy.

Can you at least weld doors again ?

Yeah, and repair broke ones.

Yeah, the welder instead of being a welder is a blue plasma glue gun.

Game has mohstly free cosmetics.

Uses the tf2 system, EXCEPT in this, you can recycle your crates/usbs into cosmetic/weapon powder and make cosmetics or weapons.

As for gameplay, its fun if you're into gore. Weapons don't really feel all that great except for melee, shotguns, and the heavy rifles.

It's pretty good. The microtransactions are fucking retarded, and the lack of maps hurts it though. I'd recommend getting it if it ever drops to 14.99 or less.

u w0t m8?

The devs will ban you from online play if you are not kosher enough with other players.
Drop this and play KF1 instead.

The devs said that they would take the game out of your library if you flame and harras people online. If you support them you are a cuck. They then take the humor out of the game, which also sucks. And as if all of that wasn't bad enough they also added microtransactions.

still amazes me how bad the weapon feel and sounds are. did they fire the last guy or what?

As is common in such situations, the politics are merely a sideshow to the actual meat of the game being terrible.
Pretty sure there's more, but I can't be bothered to play the damn thing because of all the above bullshit.

They pointed out characte' sexuality in a survival hoard shooter? I'd ask why but I already know.

Microtransactions and devs acting like SJWs. Fuck that game, play KF1 instead.

Weapons sound and feel like shit in KF1 too tbh

Dynamic spawn system is shit.Makes map control worthless since they'll just always spawn behind/nearby. The KF1 spawn system was much better.

its fine just expect the people you are playing with to die pathetically no matter the difficulty

You know, if you didn't buy their games then they wouldn't act like that in the first place.

kys

KF2 is fine, OP. Everyone are just being faggots.

The only downsides of KF2 is that it doesn't have the same breadth of content that the original does. Only a handful of characters and maps, but the gameplay is solid. It's the same game with an engine upgrade.

I've put in about 1500 hours into KF1, and am approaching 200 in KF2. Once KF2 reaches content parity with KF1, it'll be the superior game.

I'd say pick it up and give it a try, especially if you have bros to play it with.

it is already bad enough they removed the humor, but the game is now also full of microtransactions. If you support this you are basically a swedish cuck.

What about the gold version weapons, and worse yet, the locked weapons in KF1?

you can use a normal ass dlc unlocker and you get everything for free. DLC unlockers don't work in kf2.

what happened

Neck yourself faggot, the game is vastly inferior to the OG even considering the barren as fuck content.

Those came 3/4years after the game came out and were essentially DLC/Reskins and monetized fan favorite mods that you still could get for free even if less polished.
KF2 micros were done while the game was still in EA and they never mentioned the fucking thing.

Still doesn't make it any less jewish, Chaim

Great, you can expect KF2 to be even worse then.

Drown yourself in semen.

Except for the fact that it's so much easier, I'd consider HoE the equivalent of somewhere inbetween Normal and Hard in KF1. For fuck's sake, the railgun can oneshot scrakes and fleshpounds on 6 man HoE.

Fuck off, Tripwire. We don't want you back.

isn't a single skin of kf2 already like $100? Also you can get it cheap when they are on sale. I remember getting a shitload of dlc + the entire game together for like 7€ or something like that.

And I just googled it, turns out I remember it correctly. How exactly is kf 2 better?

OY VEY

While we're talking about Killing Floor, does anyone know of any good soundtrack mods for the original? The metal doesn't really do it for me.

Did you leave the thread in shame or something? Even if you are a total retard and refuse to use the dlc unlocker for some reason, it's only $148 for all the dlc's if you buy it like a total retard when they are not on sale. In kf 2 one golden skin is $287.50.

And by the way, you can buy the entire game with all the dlc from key resellers for 15€ kinguin.net/category/2694/killing-floor-bundle-13-dlc-steam-key/

I would like to hear you defend this bullshit.

The clot auto-aim thing is optional, you can turn that off, otherwise your points are valid

yeah its called play your own music in the background

Even in its current state, KF2 is already a very different game from KF1. Killing Floor 1's meta was generally have Medic and Zerk be the mobile characters, Demo a character focused on protection from other teammates while the rest are somewhere in between. Mixing weapons, while plausible, was a thing that was penalized unless you were using an expensive weapon like the crossbow. The pacing of the game is slower and there is a variety of small to big maps where big ones have a slow slog through a countless horde of zeds (Wyre, Farm, etc). On just the basis of the vanilla gameplay of KF1 alone, it's already a game that's completely different and you have the audacity to say they're the same.

And speaking of DLC, like said, some skins cost a stupid amount while the DLC for KF1 can be gotten on sale for a stupidly low price on sale. There are no sales on skins because they're reliant on the kikery free trade market on steam, which like TF2 and CSGO doesn't get sales on the god damn skins. Also, out of the DLC for KF1, the ones that are objectively good are the weapon packs that add new weapons and the characters that have new voice lines. The rest are more towards personal preference. Considering you can get this shit dirt cheap, it's no more than 2-4 euros to get the DLC that adds new content that isn't reskinned.

Dropped it the moment the retarded devs came out and said it took 250 workdays to make one map, that and the plenty of other examples provided in this thread. Is it still early access?

This spawn system they are using in KF2 is incredibly stupid and it outright removes a element of a gameplay from the game, if compared to first killing floor.

Based on my experience from some free weekends they somehow managed to KF2 a soulless game. It's incredibly boring compared to KF1.

dyke characters? who honestly gives a shit. the entire game is just better paced and more fun. especially the berserker.

theres an option to not have the clot shove your gun in his mouth

i miss the christmas maps. i would agree that the main problem really is content.

yeah, the support can even "resurrect" doors, and demos can rig them to explode if zombies break them. that on top of grenade dispensing from the demo and ammo from the support they can get a lot of damage done for free.

If you didn't play the first then go ahead and buy KF2, you might even like it you fucking casual retard.

I've put nearly 1k hours into KF1 and around ~180 into KF2 so far.
Got the game on launch like a fucking retard and absolutely hated it. KF2 was shit on launch, and remained shit (getting even worse over time) for a disgustingly long time. However, they did something so monumentally stupid that it actually saved the game:

They pushed the single worst update the game ever saw minutes before launching a free weekend. Despite being free, the game nearly died overnight. That must've scared the shit out of them, because they actually started listening to feedback after that.

As of now, the game is actually pretty good. Between KF1 and 2, I think 1 is still the better game overall, but the QoL of 2 being on a much newer engine and running much smoother make it worth playing. KF1 has it beat in balance and atmosphere, but KF2 runs smoother, has much higher graphical fidelity, and has some of the most satisfying to shoot guns in an FPS I've played. I don't blame any anons that shit on the game because it was genuinely hot garbage for almost the entirety of the early access period and you can't expect someone to keep giving the game second chances.

IMO it's worth picking up the Deluxe Edition on sale since it also comes with the first game: KF1 has way more content because it's around a decade older but new content is near nonexistant and the playerbase is small. KF2 finally has its mod tools and has had a steady stream of content coming so it's gaining new content at around the same speed as KF1 back in the day, if a bit slower.

Quick list of that they've fixed since early access off the top of my head:
>all perk "skills" rebalanced so that basic QoL things are build into the perk itself and skill choices actually allow varied builds unless you're a Medic lol

That's about it off the top of my head. I think KF2 will end up being the better game once we get enough custom content/maps

When was that and what did they do?

They added "damage resistances" to all of the zeds. Their intention (the best I can figure out, because the system was so retarded) was to force teams to work together. In practice, it made every single zed a massive health sponge, and turned the game into unplayable shit. This was also the point where literally none of the changes I mentioned above were implemented. The resistances were nonsensical, too.
>crawlers also take reduced damage from fire, DESPITE FIREBUG'S ENTIRE JOB BEING TO NUKE TRASH, AND EVEN GETTING BONUS XP FOR KILLING THEM WITH FIRE
It was just hell across the board. The gunplay instantly became complete shit because everything was a peashooter.

so not only did you repost my pic of my play time on kf1 that I posted here ages ago, you also fagged it up with your shit taste. for shame.
the developers were at one point banning people for criticizing their microtransaction model on the steam forums. they also were starting threads asking the players how zed mechanics like the fleshpounds rage timer worked in kf1, because the mechanic in 2 was/is shit and they were too spectacularly retarded to figure it out themselves.
this and other things led me to quit kf2 at least a year ago. it was clear that they were never going to fix any of the problems, had no ability to do so and were only interested in shitting out some casualized garbage for console kiddies.

if you havent played in "at least a year" then your opinion is jackshit

trust me, the meta in kf1 is kiting as zerk/medic if you're casual, or camping as sharp/support if you're pro.
kiting as demo is tryhard, especially in an enclosed map.

WOW. i am fortunate to have missed that

The game didn't change, so his opinion is still valid, nigger.

Again, pro kf2 people, give your reasons for why you think kf2 is better.

You can play as a real German soldier from WW2.
That's pretty cool.
He's probably the best one too.
Him or the gas mask guy.

Luckily the first thing they did when they woke the fuck up from the playerbase dying and started actually paying attention to feedback was to outright revert that patch entirely and scrap the system.

Checked fellow aryan

i was pretty thrilled when i got a knight for owning chivalry.

the berserker is a blast, gunslinger exists. theres more going on between the classes in general. they are all fun, whereas before i could only ever really stand to play two of them. i feel more threatened by zeds that arent just fleshpounds and scrakes
leveling up is fun the whole way through instead of just when they give you a free weapon.

That's about the only good thing about the game. Then you realize you could just go sharpshooter instead and oneshot everything.

you could but its not as fun

Thread should have ended here.

Even after the RO2 shitstorm TWI fanboys were still very hopeful that the guns in KF2 would feel solid and not suck. And that was a good point because no one expected TWI to fuck that up. Boy oh boy did them fucking up the guns kill their spirits. The guns in KF2 are pathetic and the action is absolutely terrible. It feels like you're using BB gun pistols against animated water balloons. It has the feeling of a student project from a game design studio, stiff animations and everything.

It's uncanny really. The guys that did a great job in KF1 balancing the horror movie action with gritty action can fuck up this bad. KF2 is proof that SJWism is a mental disease that affects people gradually.

KF1 is definitely smaller these days but still active enough to play. Even the people with the mod compilation servers came back to KF1 because KF2 was just so bad. They even had a deadline where they were going to shut down their 7 servers and support kf2 100%. You can still catch fully packed 35 man servers on weekends.

It really shows how out of touch they are that that even happened. Still not gonna make them undo their kiting and corridor map habit. Fortifying your position hasn't been allowed in forever. Too little too late. The ideas that custom content will improve it is analogous to the mods will fix it fallacy. The game has to be good enough to inspire that content to be created in the first place. In other words, good games attract custom content.

Desperate

Recycling "I had fun with it" aren't reasons, especially when those things are returning features from KF1 - you know, things that should be expected at launch. And gunslinger hardly counts as new when all you had to do in KF1 was stick with pistols. Reasons to like a game can be listed as tangible features, unimpeded by a game's shortcomings.

He was referring to the 1488 hours played

fun is a fine reason, and the pistols didnt get as big in kf1. you had 9mms and handcannons and that was the end of it, not a viable loadout.

So you haven't played KF1 since launch?

ooh, neat

I think adding the ability to sprint ruined the game. Not being able to run away from everything with monsters coming in at all directions in the first game was fun as fuck.

yeah it's small things like this, well also the other bigger things, but yes also small things like this.

Zerker in KF1 could solo 6man HoE servers with ease if the player was good enough, so this isn't really much of an argument.

The only new enemies are different clots and crawlers, literally just stronger re-skins.

You can only say this about survivalist, the rest have the niche they fill like Swat.

I'll give you that one, game has a lack of kiting maps.

Game has plenty of cheese and the merchant was never interesting in KF1, I'm glad she's dead, not that the snobby french cunt is any better.

False.

KF2 is fine OP, its the first game with an engine upgrade, more classes and more guns, keep in mind that the people here constantly the whole "MUH SJW" shit regarding the game when that statement they constantly post is the only thing Tripwire said about it.

You still can't do that provided you play on HoE or Sui, everything is faster than you, and the only class that can outpace bosses is Zerker and even then its only the patriarch, Hans is faster than the zerker even when he's carrying nothing.

ANyway, like I said OP, up to you, its a pretty good game and Trip at least seems to listen a little bit, my only complaint is the female characters as they all look like special snowflake types, seems asking for a woman that looks like a woman is to much to fucking ask.

But if you want a good horde style shooter, I'd say KF is one of the better ones on the market.

What's up with the spacing mr (1)? GO shill somewhere else.

It gets boring after two hours.

did the armsdealer really died?

It's called starting a new paragraph.

You faggot.

You

don't

need

to

start

a

new

paragraph

per

sentence

reddit

cuck

It's shitty paragraphing though, since you should always put the thing you're responding to in the same block as the response, as follows:
Response

Anything else is missing entirely the point of greentext-as-quote/paraphrasing.

its been a while since ive seen anyone on Holla Forums get upset over that

(1) Do they force you to use a new IP for every post you make?

said the other shill. I am honestly not surprised that you haven't seen anyone get upset over this, this is probably your second day here.

web.archive.org/save/http://8ch.net/v/res/12547808.html
archive.is/jrBCj

Go away, Kikewire

It's virtually the same game as Killing Floor, except it has a modern engine, far better visuals, some pretty nice quality of life improvements such as better shooting mechanics and vastly improved hitboxes, and more unique perks. Aside from having a much narrower map pool and weaker mod support, it's a vastly superior game. It didn't take long for community servers to pop up with all the maps from the first game.

That said, they pushed through the most retarded patch I've ever seen in an online game, but they undid most of that shit and stopped a while ago as said.

What's with the shilling today?

what's up with all the (1)'s in this thread? Twi has a team of shills ready to protect their shitty games?

They aren't even using a good engine, kf2 runs on unreal engine 3, they didn't even use ue4.

kill yourself derek

Okay seriously, wtf. All you pro kf2 posters have no idea how Holla Forums works. You guys are obvious shills.

die

sprinting is the same as swapping to the knife in KF1
I don't like it either but it definitely doesn't ruin anything, and sprinting will only let you outrun dangerous enemies if you're a babby playing on the lowest difficulty.

ayy

Who the fuck is Derek Dumb?

Not the same, when you switch to your melee weapon you are more vulnerable (unless you are beserker). It was perfectly balanced, you could out run enemies, search for ammo and shot once you had build some distance.

read this

some british athelete, he died so mark is paying tribute

You can't shoot while sprinting, so the only functional difference is the lack of a very small delay between ceasing to go fast and being able to shoot. It's less punishing, I agree, but it's not even remotely as big of a change as most people make it out to be.

Sasuga, Holla Forums.

Saying it's fun does not signify anything except your word that's fun. Try again. If calling something fun was an adequate response to proving why a game is worth playing then technically all games are of quality because all it takes is one person to say it's fun. You can do better.

The best part about sharpshooter in kf1 is that you could carry 5 (2 dual) handguns and still hold a decent rifle to stun bigger enemies like husks and scrakes.

Welp, this is actual shilling. Pretty much copypasted responses.

The thing is, even if I was actually shilling, that wouldn't necessarily make me wrong. You can't disprove someone without bothering to even make a counterpoint.

Buy the game goy, I promise it's good :DDDD

im not here to prove anything though, in the end i dont mind if you dont like it. if you care that much about what i think read my other posts.

I remember one guy saying that kf2 is bettter because kf1 is full of dlc

which turned out to be a total shit argument because the microtransactions in kf2 are way more expensive.

its not perfectly balanced, its a gameplay aspect picked up from counter strike because it made sense back in 2005

Those prices are set by the community based on the rarity and perceived appeal of the skins, not Tripwire. Also they're all cosmetic, whereas many unique weapons in KF1 are gated behind DLC.

I will concede that the skins on Tripwire's actual store page are way overpriced, though.

theres the claymore, which is only for people who own chivalry. it was pretty godly at one point but its been nerfed like hell.

You HAVE to be a shill or a normalfag, there is no chance in hell you are a regular user of this place. Nobody here would say something like that.

they are the ones who set the rarity, they know what they are doing, just like valve and all the other faggots who use the market. If those items had a normal drop rate they would also have normal prices.

It got stealth buffed by removing slash resistance on everything but bosses and the fleshpound, so it's good again unless Tripwire fucked with the numbers again.

The whole resistance system is really badly implemented. I'm not sure why the detractors of the game don't harp on it more, because it's probably one of the worst aspects of the game even if it has been toned down significantly.

That's completely irrelevant to his point. Having movement speed being based on your currently equipped weapon is stupid and was rightly phased out as a design convention.

The system is in place because it appeals to mouthbreathing trading whales. It's not a huge problem with the game itself.

What exactly makes it a bad game design? It makes perfect sense and I already explained why. I want to hear your reasons for why sprinting is a good mechanic. And as the other user said, it is less punishing, so automatically bad.

I am a collector, when I get games I usually go for the complete version. This is not possible anymore thanks to the market.

nigger, not everyone has a static IP, someone of us get automatically a new one everyday causing the ID change.
Can you like stop sucking jew dick? What in the fuck.

Stop arguing with shills, they get more money for each (you) they get.

Actually, sprinting is a worse mechanic because it offers less tactical choice.
With weapon-based movement, movespeed acts as another weapon stat, making weapon choice more important.
Sprinting does away with this for the not-so-small price of an extra button, which kills me in kf because I rebound the secondary attack button to the shift key in kf1, and with sprinting i'd have to either stick it somewhere else or do without a choice i had before.

Dave Chappelle has some funny material, but he's also degenerate as fuck. He's a great example of extreme left. He perfectly displayed how people arguing or saying something will always be construed as endorsement and support.

He says that people are taking Trump's words out of context when they call him a rapist, and that his words imply consent, as in they LET YOU grab them by the pussy .. BOOM, you see the media go fucking crazy calling him a republican who just endorsed Trump for president, he's gonna vote Trump. Which pissed off Chappelle, cause he certainly wasn't going to vote for Trump. He just had a funny but perfectly true thing to say.

Sprinting is a good mechanic because it's a natural thing that humans do. Humans in the real world do not whip out a knife when they want to go faster, and there's no reason why doing so would produce the desired effect.

Now from a game balance perspective, there's very little to no difference between the two. In Killing Floor 1, pulling out your knife gives you a small boost to speed and restricts your attacking options to a basic melee strike. In KF2 while sprinting, you are prevented from shooting similarly to KF1, and are restricted to a basic melee attack which deals damage based on the weight of the equipped, which in most instances is roughly equivalent to a strike from your knife. There are two differences here: One, if you want to use a butt strike in KF2, you must stop sprinting for a moment which makes you vulnerable. This is not the case in KF1, however if you want to shoot again, you must take a brief moment to switch weapons.

So the only difference between the two systems is a tiny tradeoff between the time it takes to shoot versus mobility while striking in melee. Given my first point about realism, I think the sprinting system adds more value.

you two are clearly the same person
there is no way you meet 2 random people doing this shit.

Are you fucking retarded?

I'm genuinely concerned for you now. I think you need to take a break from Holla Forums if you get this paranoid over anonymous discussions on video games.

Using punctuation?

Can you guys not see it? Do you not see the double space after the punctuation? This is not normal.

caps lock?

Because nobody else has put that much time into KF1 in the history of ever, right?

Eat shit and go back to your safe space, snowflake.

Seriously, your problem is that I use two spaces and another user uses two spaces, therefore it must be the same person? It's a pretty common thing for people to use two spaces, some people even use three or four spaces between sentences. Here, I'll write this post with ONE space just to appease your fucking peabrain mind because you're an authoritarian retard with no fucking authority who seems to think that his opinion is 100% truth and that we must all cater to his whims at his beck and call.

Oh wait, fuck you. I'm back to typing the way I usually do.

That's the push-to-talk button.
Besides, the secondary attack button needs to be something pressed easily enough to spam heavy knife strikes, but not so easily accessible that it would be more useful for another command.

Can't you just use M3 for secondary functions?

I fucking can't stand that shit, because you go to type something later and your fucking capslock is still turned on. There's 102-keys on the standard QWERTY keyboard, can we not find a better place to put the fucking push to talk button than using the capslock key (thus toggling capslock because the BIOS automatically handles that shit)?

You don't take someone else's achievement and pretend it's yours.

Use a gaming mouse and have the second weapon set to M4 or M5.

I remove the caps lock button on every keyboard I own for that exact reason.

thats default. but its kind of lousy if you have a sensitive mouse wheel. know whats not cool? trying to parry a raging scrake but instead switching weapons.

you can rebind it, but he wants all this stuff handy. unhindered communication is ideal.
then again, ideally he would have some side buttons on the mouse he could use for push to talk.

FUCKIN A, thank you! I thought I was the only one who does that. First thing I do when I unwrap a new keyboard is pop that god damn capslock key off. The only people who use capslock are obnoxious fucktards who feel the need to TYPE EVERYTHING LIKE THEY'RE SHOUTING IN YOUR FUCKING FACE LIKE THIS.

And I really don't wanna communicate with those people.

Either you're really stupid or really bootyblasted, I don't know which is funnier.

I always unbind the scrolling functions because I prefer using the number keys for weapon switching. Taking my fingers off the movement keys for a moment isn't good, but I hate feeling like I have to fish around for the weapon I want to use.

then again, occasionally it is a clean solution as a key binding especially if you like sticking to wasd. maybe esdf would better suit that other user. and recently someone maybe in another thread mentioned binding something to caps lock specifically functioned as a toggle. i wonder if its just the keyboard he had? i never heard of that.

have you considered esdf? it would absolutely take some getting used to, but youd have more buttons to play with. some people swear by it.

I already use ESDF myself, I'm surprised that someone brings it up. People always find it bizzare sounding when I tell them that "I don't know the keys to the game, because I have rebound them all to suit ESDF." The first question is "how do you move?" The very idea of moving all the keys around makes people very confused, they just can't grasp the concept.

Anyway, apparently there's a regedit hack you can do to disable capslock. I wonder if you can still use the key after doing so.

Only time caps lock was useful to me was when I had to make some fucktarded webpage that had to have all text typed like a shouting retard because the guy asking me to do it thought it attracted attention to his page. I can just push the stub if I ever have to do such retarded shit again instead of accidentally hitting the damn button while gaming.

KF has come a long way since then. The original KF mod didn't have classes, there was very few weapons, and there wasn't quite as many zed variations. Anyway, that's just one facet of KF.

There's a guy who's spent far more than 1500 hours in KF to master HOE Solo. I'm sure that you think you can just boot up KF in HOE and solo it on the same level because "hey, it's just a fucking UT2K4 mod," but you definitely fucking can't. Record some demos and show me that I'm wrong. Nobody is "gatekeeping," but to say that there's no skill curve to KF is silly.

Haha, that's funny. If he really wanted to attract people to his page he'd just use meta tags properly, but nobody goes into google and types in regex to look for all caps pages.

come play mlord

Oh fuck, I haven't seen those in a few years now.

As soon as he started going on about all caps I just turned my brain off and didn't even bother giving him any advice on how to improve his page visibility. He looked so convinced it was a brilliant plan too, in retrospect it was hilarious.

I didn't say that at all. Where did I say that?

I was correcting the retard who somehow thinks that it's some kind of feat to put in 1500+ hours into a game that's been around for well over a decade, yet cries "muh oc!!!" for taking a screenshot of my Steam library.

Heaven forbid that I actually enjoy both games of the series, right? Seriously fuck gatekeeping liberal babies like that.

wut

It's to Killing Floor what Borderlands 2 was to Borderlands.

Now come on user, let's not say things that we might regret.

KF1 was a solidly made mod-turned-game that had a ton of atmosphere and used a solid engine. The weapons felt great, the maps were fun to explore and sometimes break. KF2 is a mod-turned-game with all the good parts of the mod removed and replaced with the exact same worthless clunky firing and moving mechanics that every game after 2008 is required by jewish law to have with SUGOI GIBS GRAPHICS and shaderspam. Looks great, hardly a game underneath, especially if you've already enjoyed KF1.

Also

Wow the KF2poster in this thread REALLY wants to justify his time spent, doesn't he?

KF1: autistic fun
KF2: normalfag fun

When you don't have anything intelligent to say, you can always claim someone is from Reddit. That sure does invalidate everything they've said. Or say that they are shills, that should shut them up with their (wrong) opinions.

Reddit spacing is fucking cancerous and tells everyone who reads your post that you are so dumb or have written so few posts in your life that the concept of using paragraphs is alien to you. Also when do cowards ever not hide behind the exact thing they're doing?

L4D was always better in every way btw tbh

Kinda. The guns in L4D don't feel very fun to use after all these years.

A "Left on the floor" style crossover would work well. L4D as a concept never got the attention it needed.

It's an unfunny parody of the first game in the same way that Borderlands 2 is an unfunny parody of Borderlands 1 made by a studio invaded by cuckolds in the same way that Borderlands 2 was made by a studio invaded by cuckolds.

The point is you don't use other people's screenshots. This is basically like taking someone else's diploma and pretending like it is yours.

This guy takes the 1500 hour screenshot and pretends like he knows shit. If he has 1500 hours in kf he should use his own screenshot, but I honestly doubt he has those hours. He is probably some guy who has less than 20 hours or didn't play it at all, only using that screenshot to make himself look legit.

It's hard to say which game is better, but Left 4 Dead is also a insanely high skilled game. Back then in Left 4 Dead 2's peak you would get kicked from VS lobbies for having less than 500 hours played. And at 500 hours people would still only tolerate you because you were still a total noob. Insanely high skilled mp game, good old autistic fun.

How the fuck can someone take a screenshot of THEIR Steam library with THEIR hours, with the base promo picture in the background, and some other faggot can cry "muh oc!!!!" ?

They can't. Period.

So you are telling me that the attached post is perfectly fine and there is nothing wrong with it?

Nope, everyone can have their own opinions. I love both games dearly, and I think everyone else can eat shit if they don't like it.

I like KF2 a lot, and I desperately want to see it reach parity with KF1. KF1 has become so routine to me over the years, that it's hard for me to really go back to playing it anymore. The engine is old, the tactility isn't there, and I like what KF2 is doing. It's why I told that user to try it and form his own opinion on it. No amount of autistic crying is going to make me stop playing either game regardless.

how many hours do you have in kf?

See

is there a mapping scene for that at all?
also, i cant forgive a zombie horde game for not having flamethrowers and revolvers

1488 hours kek

KF2.5>KF>KF2
With each iteration the game gets
While some might think that standalone is the best as middle ground and takes the sweet spot, that doesn't mean that either of the other two are bad. I personally prefer 2.5, but I can see how 2 could be more attractive than the other two(it looks very impressive in some aspects).

Anything else is just an autistic screeching for the sake of autistic screeching. Play and see for yourself.

KF becoming a humorous game was its biggest mistake.

The first one knew it was cheesy but didn't go overboard until the seasonal events. Beyond the voice quips and the trader it really was a dark, gritty game.
The second one wants to take itself more seriously, but it didn't go far enough. So now we have these zany characters up against horrible creatures that try to throw in some awful, forced humor. It knows that it's cheesy (it's yet another zombie game for fucks sake) but it tries to play itself straight, and the result is cancerous.

The biggest sin the series commited in the long run was completely ignoring the story. Back in 2.5 you'd have Zeds talking about you joining them and shit. They were freaky, demonic fuckers. Would have loved to see a Zed-centric plot.

2.5 didn't have to unnecessarily juggle conflicting flavors to be good. It was perfectly gritty, dirty textures, perfectly horrible voice acting, sharp sounds and an oppressing gameplay. Translation to standalone was a step in the opposite direction. It ruined all of that for the sake of being more polished and presentable. From that perspective KF2 is an incredibly faithful sequel to the original.

I would still say that KF1 had good atmosphere and was quite oppressive. I can't say that for every single map, but there are quite a few that fit the bill.

Right, but then you also have robochickens running around with steampunk and futuristic weapons shooting zombie elfs. Sure, seasonal zombie variations can be avoided by playing outside of aforementioned seasons, but then there are also servers that run them 24/7/365 and maps that have them regardless. And that's ignoring maps that don't really fit on their own, but are included in the official lineup(I just checked - that's almost half the maps).
When one competent player can deal with the large zeds on higher difficulties with ease(xbow op for the first half of kf development, demo and zerker as a whole for the 2nd) - that's not as oppressive.

Consistent tone for freedom of expression was a fine trade though and had it's benefits. But you have to be retarded to say that it wasn't insulting.

So were KF1 and RO1 just accidents due to being based on good mods, then made into full games by a team of faggots, or were Tripwire genuinely decent people at some point, had some success, then became huge faggots?