Games you don't get

I just don't see what people see in this game. I'm ~76 hours into it and I haven't regretted wasting my time like this in a while. I was going to drop it early on but I was told the classic "It gets better 20 hours in, you haven't even given it a chance!" The combat is just dull. If you know how to play RPS and have a brain the only times you'll be dying is if you're fighting an enemy for the first time or rng gets you. Social links are poorly written and all you have to do in between the big stretches of nothing that pads out the game's length. The only ones I like are sun, tower, and strength (until the dating sim shit kicked in). The other ones I did was shit you'd find in a sitcom, I can barely remember them.That goes for the main story so far from what I'm seeing too. All I see so far is the typical anime with cod philosophy about life and death tossed in.

Maybe I was expecting too much. Because right now I just feel like deleting this and Persona 4 off my hard drive.

Literally any turn-based game.
They all seem so boring to me.

Could never get into it, yet I see other people having a blast.

fucking shit games, what a joke

You're probably baiting, but I bought SpellForce years ago and man did I think it blew.
I can barely remember anything about it, I think I stopped playing after three hours.

It has a nice UI and music and that's all I can say about it. It seems like a series that works if you have fun seeing flashy shit.

YOU DON'T WANT TO. SEND HELP.

Persona after is a game that weeaboos like to pretend is not mainstream and all play so they can discuss it online.
Its a shallow as shit gimmickyJRPG in which you raise you can raise your stats outside combat

Its like MGS for stealth games

Depends if the combat takes any amount of thought or strategy. Most Japanese RPGs are mindless and dull.

i feel your pain - and im less than half that time. it's a shit game, i know it's a shit game - but i can't stop playing it. and no -that doesnt mean it's a good game

Hitman blood money and probably the rest of the series

The games are easy as shit, the only difficulty comes from trying to SA everything, but that just turns every level into trial and error/data mining.

The game is fun in theory.
In reality though

You should be done with the game by now.

Splinter Cell series
People call this series good? Laughably easy with a pretty retarded story only the bastardized name of Tom Clancy could deliver, and don't get me started when they shat the bed with the later sequels. Makes me glad it's dead so it can stop dragging Tom Clancy's already damaged name through even more shit.

That's how you play Hitman. What are you doing? Gunning down guards like it's an FPS?

I'm likely the biggest ex-atlus fan on this site. No other dev matters to me at all, I was unmoved when Pandemic died and Capcom started jewing etc. Atlus is all I care about and all I ever cared about. Used to, anyway…

Persona is the shittiest thing they've ever done. By far. All of them are terrible, for perpetually mentally 12 years old grown ass men. You just shut your brain off and go on a ride through 0/10 fanfictions. It's less stimulating than phone games.
I can't even explain why people like it, it's a mystery to me. I can understand the appeal of gambling, I can understand the appeal of Apple computers, I can understand the appeal of Slender Man—these are all shitty things, but I get why people would buy them. Persona, I just can't. I don't know what people get out of them.

Please don't think that piece of shit, or those piece of shit Devil Survivor games, or that piece of shit SMT IV is reflective of Atlus' entire library.

You must be mad that they are churning out day 1 DLC.

Devil Survivor was great
Everything else is trash though, I agree

But they are, Atlus never once made a good game. Just like what you said, they only made 0/10 fanfiction for retarded weebs.

Oh, boy. Here we go. Nothing disgusts me more than people pretending a casual game is hard just because they apply arbitrary handicaps to themselves.
Play a game that's hard no matter what playstyle you use. Did you know those exist?

I don't give a fuck anymore, stopped buying their games after SMT IV and Record Breaker.
They're releasing a casualized version of Strange Journey. The game was already easy and they're making it even easier and shoehorning an anime feminist woman.

LOL

"bro why can't this stealth game be like COD"

i genuinely feel sorry for people that haven't played nocturne
genuine pity

Oh wow.
I knew this board had libtard weebs, but I thought it wasn't this bad.
Sad!

Most of the Infinity Engine games
I can understand why people would like them but what I don't understand are the rabid fanboys calling them best games ever.
With something like Planescape Torment you always have the warning of shit gameplay but no such thing when Baldur's Gate is talked about.

>>>/cuckchan/

Next to Persona, probably one of the most braindead jrpgs I've played.

They're good games, but the writing and worldbuilding carry most of it.
If you're not into that you're not going to play the game for the meh gameplay

>>>/cuckchan/

>>>/a/
Now fuck off weeb.

What is your idea of a good JRPG then?

Thats the thing
The writing in both BG games is legitimately awful with meaningless dialogue choices, "comedic" characters, memes and badly written romance subplots.

Personas are shit, there's nothing "to get".

Kick and scream all you want, it won't make any of Atlus' games fun or good.

Nice bait.

>>>/SomethingAwful/

Stop seriously replying to goon shitposters
Persona 3/4/5 are legit awful and you have shit taste if you defend any of it
Sure, thats why you play Planetscape and Icewind Dale instead

That's bioware for you. The "bioware was once good" thing is a sad meme.

Which brings me to my original point. Both Icewind Dale and PS:T are better than BG 1 and 2 in many aspects but none of them have as much of a rapid fanbase as Baldur's Gate.

Bladder's gates were first babby rpgs for many people here who now think they're some sort of golden rpg standards.

here's a list of games I stop talking to people over
mods can't unfuck these pieces of shit
the one that makes me cringe the hardest is shantae
no excuse. there's "it's for children but enjoyable for adults, too" kinds of games, like star fox or classic mario
but this shit is the equivalent of a baby sippy cup and wearing diapers.
i don't get why people nowadays idealize just complete mental shut down. just completely shutting your brain off and drooling while you're holding a controller for hours. that's supposed to be cool, maybe for some people, not me.
sometimes i look up the world ends with you and kingdom hearts stuff just to make myself cringe so hard i tear up and am in physical pain

This I can kind of agree with
Bioware has never made a truly good RPG

Doesn't matter, plebs will always like streamlined forced shit to subtle genious shit.
Why Personacucks and Bethcucks exist.

this is bait

no it's not. you actually like fallout 4? haha
lots of people on Holla Forums do, it's sickening

Do you have brain damage?

What you're doing is the equivalent of playing through Bayonetta only making use of basic attacks and guns. Sure, you can get through the game, but you'll end up with shitty rankings, while completely ruining the fun for yourself.

if they didn't want you to kill everyone on sight or use only basic attacks then they should have made it impossible to play the game while doing so.
other, better games have.

I don't have much problem with platformers other than collectathons. I hated SM/DK64 because I just wanted to go through a level and not have to worry about playing scavenger hunt for the last floating sprite.

But it's not about achieving a binary win or lose state. It's about tuning up your play until you win flawlessly rather than winning sloppily. Allowing the player a chance for damage control when things go wrong rather than just dumping them on a game over screen also makes for more entertaining gameplay. You make it through two thirds of a level undetected, suddenly a guard spots you. Panic! Now you have to kill them before they alert the other guards. It's fun.

I have never been more torn over a series.

Playing Pirate's Curse was a bit of a shock to me. I had played through the previous two and enjoyed them enough (okay Risky's Revenge was way too short). So the third game fucking finally comes out and it plays completely different than the previous two. It's also by far the best in the series.

So now I'm sitting here trying to figure out what the appeal of a series of games that I myself enjoy is. The GBC game is noteworthy from a technical perspective and is interesting with how large the player character is in relation to the screen. RR is straight up unfinished and feels like it went through some heavy changes in development (magic meter feels weird in context). Pirate's Curse is actually good and I still haven't touched Half-Genie Hero.

Is the appeal entirely in design and music?

Having played only the first two games I would describe the gameplay as just fine. It has some cool ideas, but it's also clunky and doesn't flow very well. The core appeal is definitely in the characters, the writing, the music and so on.

hey whatever you say man. you keep enjoying those self-implemented pokemon nuzlocke runs while i play turn-based games that are already hard by default. bayonetta must be a piece of shit if you can get through it by mashing buttons. that wouldn't fly with ninja gaiden.

I guess it either appeals to you or it doesn't. You have to be into the roleplay element of it. I like the fact that the game allows for those action movie scenarios where your character is deep into the enemy base and suddenly their cover is blown and it all goes to hell, and they have to escape, salvaging the mission to the best of their abilities.

I like strictly challenging games too. I don't see why there can't be room for both.

I don't get Doom, I like the music but I can't see what makes it the masterpiece people say it is.

Which Doom?

The first one. If were talking about nuDoom I wouldn't say I like the music.

It's pretty much how I completed the game.

SA took too long and was ultimately fucking dull. I actually can't remember if the game actively punished you for a high body count or not.

Holy shit this place is fucked. Where the hell did everyone of quality go? This is Mark's fault the redditor fucking trash he is.
The only good opinions in here are that all of Persona and Bioware is shit.

Oh no, you mean that great game with its great gameplay?

Yes.

Whatever game that you like, I am here to post games that anons like to fish for replies.

thanks for your valuable input, you blazing faggot

Truly, the worst aspect of the game. That's a new level of greed.

The 4 riders of the vidya apocalypse.

Stop replying to goons and halfchanners.

You forgot

Spellforce is a German game, which apparently explains everything. I won't lie and say it isn't boring, it doesn't respect your time at all, but it is satisfying to build a character who can kill large chunks of the enemy army with a single, low cost spell. However, that lack of time respect means playing a single map for a good three hours and good luck if you fucked your build. You need to be the absolute best you can be at some particular skill set in order to live through the later maps; your units become as useless as the rank and file in a musou game.

It's understandable that you couldn't get into the newer Persona's, the games really aren't for everyone. I you don't enjoy the over the top campy writing of any slice of life Japanese animation then you won't enjoy it's writing at all. P3 becomes extremely easy once you understand the basic concept of fusing and how to build a decent Persona.

CRPG's, I've tried Pillars of Eternity and the original Fallout and I just couldn't get into them. New Vegas is probably one of my most favorite RPG's and I agree that both 3 and 4 are pretty much shit but I still can't get into the original Fallouts. I know it's not the isometric view that bothers me either because I love Diablo-likes and probably have over 100 hours logged into Titan Quest.

you realize you just called a guy diagnosed with schizophrenia a normalfag? lol
sorry for not liking your piece of shit bethesda and easy games, normalfag.

Half of it are shitposting cuckchan niggers.
We have a bunch of autists on this board actively trying to shitpost and derail every discussion.

Having a mental disability doesn't make you not a normalfag, faggot.

user, that is pretty fucking irrelevant.

The OG Fallouts are extremely easy to get into.
My main issue is that the directions NPC give you aren't clear half the fucking time.

Arguably, Akechi was probably the only one that was cartoon villain.

Well that explains your opinions.

Ya and I suffer from crippling anxiety and alcoholism, but that doesn't exactly relate to anything we are talking about does it? I think you would be a lot more comfortable on Tumblr, where other special snowflakes with mental disabilities lurk. Everyone has problems you fucking pampered child.

I will fight you on Devil Survivor 1 but you have a point that wasn't fully articulated. Why does nobody remember their non RPGs like Snowboard Kids?

What issues do you have with Chaos Theory? Pretty much the only problem I had it was that later levels aren't as open as the early ones (that part where you have to defuse three bombs at night vision-toting guards come into the room was also pretty annoying for non-lethal runs).