Battle Network Thread

There are never going to be any more BN games, the Star Force games are okay but don't live up to the others, and no other series hits quite the same sweet spot. Overall it looks like the IP will be dead forever. What are you playing to scratch that itch, Holla Forums? Fangames/romhacks, etc? Any projects you're keeping your eyes on? What ever happened to /secretarea/?

I've been playing the Japanese version of Falzar to experience the cut content. It improves the game, but still not quite enough to put it over BN3. Side note: HOW THE FUCK DO YOU UNLOCK THE LAST 10 JOB REQUESTS? I'm trying to get into Graveyard 2 and I have all the mega chips except Blues EX and SP, and every FAQ I've found says you can only fight Blues SP after beating every request. I've done 25 of them, no more have appeared, and absolutely nothing I've done will make them show up. FUCKING HELP ME

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4sB8DWslbzk
gamehacking.org/game/5818
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What ever happened to >>>/secretarea/ ?

Low traffic board on a husk of a site. We don't really have the userbase to split discussion into separate games or genres, unless you do dumb shit like a MOBA board

Wasn't it like a fangame in the works though? The guy hasn't updated in forever, I wonder what happened to the project.

Reminder

3 > 6/2 > 5 >>> 4 > 1

What's so bad about 1?

otherwise, spot on.

It really is a shame. The aesthetic and music were just about perfect for its setting. It deserves more stories set within.

The battle system is also incredible

Mayl a cute

(checked)
It's not bad exactly, just unpolished compared to the later games.

I've been mad about this shit for longer than this website has existed and prospects haven't gotten any brighter since

I remember making fun of a somewhat comprehensive clone made in GM. It tried to 'age up' the characters, and was the edgiest damn thing I'd ever seen.

Is that actually from an episode?

…. we will never get a shooting star beach episode

Why's it so fucking hard to find things? I can't tell the difference between the series

youtube.com/watch?v=4sB8DWslbzk

there's a bunch of whores, but this is the only one I'll bother capping

that kind of thing is always so awkward

more whores

the end
feat. really bad CGI

What the fuck is that supposed to be.

was the blushing loli ever in the games? if i had to guess, meddis operator?

Yeah, in MMBN5 team protoman

Was it good otherwise?

Yes! I spent hours on that game, and the bosses always required both good forethought and timing.

Nah, I remember it being shit.

I always fucking loved Duo, and it pisses me off to no end the way he was used in BN4.

God damn, his design is so fucking cool and his chips and abilities are rad as fuck, but I can't not get pissed off anytime I think about how his character was handled.

FUCK

also shameless bump to ask about my question from the OP. Seriously, this is driving me fucking nuts

Read a walkthrough?

The Japanese version used the e-Reader to unlock the last 10 requests.

gamehacking.org/game/5818

Oh, you've gotta be kidding me. If that's true that means it would be impossible to complete the endgame areas without the e-reader. You need every mega chip to get past a barrier, but you can't get Protoman EX or SP without all the requests complete. That's fucking retarded.

I've been playing on my 3ds as a virtual console inject, is it possible to use gameshark codes or any other hacks that way? Or failing that, is it possible to extract my save game so I could continue the playthrough on an emulator? I put too much time into this file to get fucked over by nip jewery now.