What's a good game to really escape into?

I was just diagnosed with colon cancer. I'm twenty three. I don't know how to describe what I'm feeling right now. Could someone recommend me a good game to take my mind off it. I only have a laptop, so preferably something easy to run.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/c61aJ
stellaris.smods.ru
hearts-of-iron-4.smods.r/archives/1167
time.com/91081/what-science-says-about-race-and-genetics/
oca.org/parishes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

play old cartoon network cartoon games

Morrowind. I hope you get better soon.

Don't Shit Your Pants.

The Stalker games. Hope you recover as painlessly as possible.

That's a good idea. I played it once when I was in Middle School, but I never made much progress. I think I was too stupid to understand what type of game it was.

Nice time machine you got there totalbiscuit.
Make sure you don't play any laugh-inducing tabletop games with your buddies.

Witcher 2 is a good game to get lost in, but not sure how well it runs on laptops.

Also, If the one faggot in the world that deserves to die of ass cancer is alive and well then you can sure as fuck make it too. Start eating non processed, dieting well, grow your little vegetable patch go /fit/ and you will make it.

Hey Totalbiscuit, I didn't know you posted here. :^)

Fallout, Fallout 2, New Vegas.

Give it a go. It's long, immersive, and punishes you if you're not paying attention. It sucks me in like a cheap whore. I also suggest cheap whores.

That's the second person I've seen on this board diagnosed with it (not including myself). And at 23, too. Shit, what stage are you, if you don't mind my asking?

Likewise, hope whatever treatment you do works and you get better soon.

Mount & Blade
Hope you make it.

Online games can be fun and easily give countless goals to pursue, and people to talk to if ya wanna.

But if you just want to be by yourself in some world then any old RPG works, Fallout (classic or modern ones), Witcher, Personally Chrono Cross gives me good feels and has always been fully immersive.

I hope you feel better and can recover user.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

hey that gives me an idea. OP can i please make a game about your cancer and act like it makes me really sad but in reality it'll just make me really rich

Kill some niggers on your way out.

What, immersive games? No amount of carefully crafted atmosphere is going to take your mind off this. Get some game that requires a lot of time and attention to complete. If you're looking for something low-requirement I'd recommend Spacechem or any similar game from the same guy, good for at least a solid week if not two weeks of your life.

Leave your mark on the world, OP. Do not be forgotten.

Second these.

Play VTMB & Fallout: New Vegas
Vegas is all about letting go, and vtmb is all about the last few days before the end of the world and Gehenna unleashes itself on the vampires and humans.

Witcher series, Rome/Medieval 2: Total War, Morrowind, Cities: Skylines, Darksouls.

Don't get too absorbed, you only have so much time left. Live as you fuck, hard and fast.

Uh, he never said it was terminal. He can actually survive and live to a ripe old age. it's just something shit he has to deal with right now.

Go out with a bang

Yes, but every one dies eventually.

I-I hope you make it, user. ;-;7

It wouldn't be bad if all his clothes weren't two sizes too big.

Move out to the countryside. Take every kind of alternative medicine cure for cancer that exists. Refuse to die. Let vidya guide you forward into your unlimited future. If you die, you will stop playing vidya. So keep playing vidya and never die.

Trauma Center

youll make it user!

and I suggest witcher games as well, if your laptop can run them. if not, then stalker games

Seconding all this. Also consider 4X and grand strategy games if you don't mind the learning curve. That shit will keep you up all night.
- Stellaris
- Hearts of Iron (not sure which I'd suggest to start… ask in the Grand Strategy General)
- Crusader Kings 2
- etc

If those games are too much for you, you could keep it simpler and play shit like Sword of the Stars and Civilization 5. Still very solid, fun games, just not quite a harsh learning curve.

Also I've heard The Guild 2: Renaissance is a fucking time vampire, but I can't seem to find any good guides on how to play this fucking game.

As for other weird shit I've played that sucked my time away:
- Kerbal Space Program
- From the Depths
- Factorio
- Wurm Unlimited

Also, play Kenshi.

Alternative medicine is horseshit. If my mother had sought proper medicine to begin with she might be alive today. Don't waste your money on pieces of shit selling snake oil to the desperate and ignorant.

Traditional medicine to to be used as a general supplement to your every day health maintenance, not as an emergency help.
When shit go south it won't help you, but using it constantly will overall help your health.

Start injecting those marijuanas, but in all seriousness the CBDs can help stimulate apoptosis in the cancer cells; there's even studies done if you're in doubt.

I'd definitely say…
Kenshi, Morrowind, Fallout: NV, rimworld, and star wars: KOTOR (1 and 2).

Just don't over do it.
The adage "too much of a good thing" definitely applies here, and the people who take 2,000mg of vitamin C a day are fucking idiots.
Though stuff like iodine has a lot of suspected, and proven benefits (which is common the Japanese diet, due to eating a lot of fish, noticeably the Japanese rate of cancer being extremely low even with smoking being so common/length of life is a testament to, with this one major commonality).

I'm sorry user, I wish you well.

Yeah you could choose a better example for kookery, faggot. People are recommending bullshit like energy crystals.
Personally the fact that big pharma funded so many studies to shut up that cheap and harmless treatment makes me think there's something to it.
Pauling himself lived into his 90s. Not too shabby

clearly you want a game butt frustratingly hard to get the most out of your ass while you still have it.
I wanna be the guy is probably a good starting point.

I remember this from biology…

Interesting, I haven't heard of this up till now, did a bit of searching for actual studies.
Apparently, "vitamin C was selectively cytotoxic against cancer cells. - project called RECNAC".
Interesting to say the least, but it doesn't treat the root cause of cancer.
Though, I've heard a few word-of-mouth cases (from the people themselves) where they followed online advice to megadosed vitamin-C; which they did so for a few years (around that of Mr. Paulihn's dosage coincidentally, ~10k mg a day) and over the course of the years they suffered some bad kidney damage.
Though, if there were other contributing factors I'm not sure, but it's an unpleasant coincidence.

STOP YOU FOOL
Excessive sitting on your ass will not help your colon cancer. It might make it worse.
You are 23 years old. You have very good chances of recovery. But not if you spend most of your time sitting.
archive.is/c61aJ

Nobody is telling you to hit the gym. Go out for long walks. Find people to do it with. Do light gymnastics everyday.
Playing video games all day will just decrease your chances.
Do you really want to die at 23-24 ?

wew lad

Deus ex really sucked me in. If you like cyberpunk even a little it's perfect for that.

Jesus christ m8, OP is depressed enough already. Don't be a dick.

His credentials lent him a lot of clout, but consistent testing proved Pauling's obsession with vit C and the rest of the megavitamin industry wrong time and time again. Not to mention he and his wife were constantly dosing something like 25,000 IU of vitamin A along with beta-carotene and she died of stomach cancer in the 80's

Ninety-Nine Nights II. I guarentee that you will be sucked.
My condolences user. Stay strong. I recommend you play Dustforce: bd979b7c0399ecac61b8203be568f826b65c9403

Not him but yes.

That depends on if you've ever played gsgs before. Stellaris is fun only until mid-game starts and because you need to manage shitty sectors, where the ai is absolute trash. There is also a horrendous mana influence pool which is an artificial method of limiting expansion in the game instead of interesting mechanic like different political factions >inb4 they added that last dlc, the system they added is barebones like all paradox mechanics, they should have added a large courtroom/council with different political parties/high ranking officers. For example your minister of finance recommends you to build more coal power plants but this pisses the green party off, so they cause strikes. Now you can either bribe the party to stop, demolish the powerplants, bribe the media to demonize them to the public, or your military high command asks permission to use troops which requires transports ships or a planetary garrison. This however makes the media be pro-activist, unless they are on your payroll, which would cause more civil unrest. Of course all this could be avoided if those power plants where never built. Current sterallis event chains are anomaly found - investigate yes/no. apart from a few which cause an event chain to occur but the event chain is pretty much always; option 1 leads to the next next event, option 2 cancels the chain . The ship combat is also quite broken since it's just the standard paradox combat "mechanic" of army a engages army b which starts a battle where the only player interaction is retreat and dicerolls are a large factor of casaulties.
Saying that, the game is fun if you enjoy roleplaying as a genocidal human empire but mods are required to add more ship diversity, alien races, traits, planets, buildings, make ship combat better, add more types of land armies, upgrade and add wargoals and essentially flesh the game out There's also a NoNiggers mod, as well as a european phenotypes only on workshop Most, if not all mods for sterallis are available from here stellaris.smods.ru

If you've NEVER EVER played a strategy game before, as in not even something like civ. Then as much as it pains me to say this, Hoi4 will do because the game plays for you and it can be enjoyable roleplaying as a united europe against commie hordes, but you need to cheat in it to give ai more manpower so they can put up a fight due to the ai not being able to design divisions. This mod is required for gameplay too hearts-of-iron-4.smods.r/archives/1167

Get Paradox games from cs.rin.ru, it is a crime to give Paradox money, even if you are dieing. Also if there are any mods of smod.r that say they don't work on pirated versions, they are lying.
If you want fun gsgs. Then I'd recommend Distant Worlds, if you're up to it and have played gsgs before, Hoi3 for classic WW2, Star Ruler for space combat and autismo ship design.

Get Battle Brothers, it's a fun game where you lead a bunch of strong white mercenary men on adventures in a low fantasy setting with Orks, Goblins, Ghosts, Vampires, Bandits, Necromancers and Skellys. There's unique armour and weapons and end game events like an undead uprising or a war among the noble houses. It's a turn-based combat thats punishing if you just charge in and the ai isn't retarded.

Neat little game that I'd suggest buying since you get steam workshop and there is no archive of the mods, it's a side scrolling shooter where you have however many guys you want that you can command individually or lead a squad, you need to defend your brain while killing the enemy brain and every character is super fragile unless you play browncoats so fights are really tense and suppressive fire is a viable thing to do. All terrain is destructible however but the game has trouble with lots of actors and individual parts of bodies so expect lag. Saying that, it should still run decent

Super old game so should run okay with Diablo like gameplay, difference is you can have a party with EIGHT motherfuckers. EIGHT! Other than that it's really generic in a tolkien setting with standard DnD creatures. Pretty autistic inventory management too if you're into that.

Is Battle Brothers out yet? I thought Joe Mad was just going to get started in that

Nevermind I was thinking of Battle Chasers.

Just squat when gaming

kys hippie

Damn son…colon cancer? You might just have what it takes to become a STAR CITIZEN!

Get in touch with Chris Roberts at RSI and perhaps with enough help they might give you a little last wish and hook you up with a nice gaming laptop and a subscription to their full all ship all access for life package…..

They love their community and I'm sure you'll live long enough to see a full release of the worlds greatest single player game and the most immense space mmorpg ever conceived by a mortal man, with a 19 inch penis, Chris Roberts.

Checkout the latest from Around The Verse!

God bless you user, I will say a prayer with my beautiful grandchildren for you.

The Bishop of Battle

Another "I'm depressed give me attention" disguised as a "give game recommendations" thread.

If you haven't seen these types of thread before then you must be new.

Last one I remember was one where OP was asking for games to play before killing himself.

and when was that exactly?

Sometime in January.

well that settles it then ,Holla Forums has a strict 6 months no duplicate threads policy
MODSMODSMODSMODSMODSMODSMODSMODSMODSMODS
DELET THRED NAO

OG Deus Ex is a good escape from reality on your first playthrough.

Colon cancer is usually a death sentence, user.
On a side note, there's a lot of premature medical problems going on today. Premature balding is more common than ever (even among women), premature cancer, etc. Is this some kind of Jewish conspiracy?

It's the food.
No seriously, look it up.

Do you mean GMO's? I'm not sure how to avoid that without living in a big city that has some hipster Whole Foods in it.

Morrowind is enthralling.
I really liked Twilight Princess for that reason too.

GMOs aren't the problem, they date back to the 60's, they never caused much harm.
The harm comes from things like Olestra and BHT (both of which are actually banned in many nations) are both linked to increases in baldness and cancer. Anything with E-numbers is also usually a bad sign.
Basically, don't buy cheap unhealthy shit.

Nigger, get the fuck away from games. Go do something better. If you're feeling absolutely hopeless, go out with a bang. But don't sit on your ass all day man

Most 3D Zeldas are a good escape if you play them all day and get comfy. OP, you can probably find a used Wii U cheap and then pirate Breath of the Wild if your PC is too shit to emulate it.

It's not a "Jewish conspiracy", food companies just have a lot of shit in their products that can cause problems. They don't do this out of intentional harm, they do it because it's cheaper than the alternatives.
Significant numbers xenoestrogens are a big problem in dairy products, for example, but dairy companies don't care because giving cows excess estrogen makes them more fertile and produce more milk.

same shit with meat from mass produced farms where cows and pigs are stuffed with antibiotics

Suck it up, faggot. You have nothing to lose, so run for public office and use science and documented historical fact to out the jews for their crimes. Be worth something to humanity, not some piece of shit sitting on your ass playing video games.

I don't think you know how the kikes set up murrica. This shit isn't an accident.

You have a lot to learn how humanity works m80.

The glycophosphates that they spray the gmo crops with do cause bad things like autism, but it's not like we can stop using them with half the world starving.

Start eating healthy, work out constantly, eat vitamin supplements and live in a very cold environment, (look up cold conditioning) stay as positive as you possibly can, depression can fuck your chances of fighting back.

Half the world actually starving to death would be a good thing. India, Africa, and China are in serious need of depopulation.

I know of a quicker and less messier method…

Those places are already starving. All the idiots donating food just expanded the population cap, not thinking that the populists would just fill the new cap within a decade.

2hu games and the fangames as well. 2huvania is a decent ride.

You're a gullible idiot. "Traditional medicine", "alternative medicine", "eastern medicine", "holistic medicine" etc. are all just buzzwords for snakeoil. To quote a ginger faggot, "By definition alternative medicine has either been not proved to work or proved not to work. You know what they call medicine that's been proved to work? MEDICINE."

Well gee you know what else? I don't have proof that dancing naked around a mini stonehenge while chanting the names of pagan gods won't protect you from being struck by lightning, so I guess you better go do that! I mean it could help, what's the harm in trying right?

You're a fucking idiot. Go gas yourself you dumbass newage hippie.

This is known as the Malthusian Trap. The more food there is the more infants survive to adulthood, thereby gobbling up all the surplus and putting them in the same "Shit we're starving!" boat they started in. It's actually a really interesting problem that relates to how societies naturally select members who are productive and hard working over lazy parasitic violent retards. For example most of Africa is starving yet the Masai people are living just fine.

time.com/91081/what-science-says-about-race-and-genetics/

As much as it pains me not to support games I like, definitely try before you buy. Even if you like it, the price of some of the games + DLC is fucking ridiculous.

So far, I've seen most people selling their used Wii Us with all the gear and games for $300+. Nobody in my area is willing to sell just a Wii U, you have to buy all their trash too. Fucking irritating.

But if you CAN get your hands on one, they are quite easy to pirate, and contrary to the faggots here, there are some genuinely good games (as well as a lot of Virtual Console stuff you can easily pirate as well).

Overall I've had a good experience pirating shit on my Wii U. Just beware that most of the guides won't actually tell you how to acquire or load the games once you've loaded all the software. If you get stuck there, just ask Holla Forums.

Motherfucker.

Shiggy.

who the fuck let you out of your shed made of avocado peels and wood bark faggot
gb2 sharing david "avocado" wolfe tier clickbait articles on facebook

well with good chemo OP has enough time to live long enough to hit club 27, so might as well play some fucking vidya

Deus Ex or Planescape. Hope you will do well mate.

I think it's nice that you went straight for Holla Forums when you heard the news.

Play some old flash games you used to play in school also. Give yourself a little nostalgia trip.

Runescape

The faster you kill them the less mess there will be

gothic 1 and 2

Dark messiah
And if you particularly like it, Give Arx fatalis a shot

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. my friend. Play that and you will of no longer and be of need in the real. And of good oi blin.

enjoy your colon cancer from gmos faggot

Is this a cuck simulator?

no, it's the take advantage over your son's death to make millions simulator

Quality of life is important. If he can overcome it and live to 60ty it would definitely be better than living 4-5 more years in constant pain and weakness.

Your time is better spent attaining salvation, user.

Why is it so difficult to get in on true Christianity?

oca.org/parishes

ο Θεός να ευλογεί

Funny, an user last month had cancer and was asking for games.

Which ones of us will be next…..

The /fit/ lifestyle can easily prevent this. You must use it before it is too late. But then you get to see your friends die before you.

thats not playing video games

What are friends?

I guess I should jerk off over the orange man spazzing on twitter, right?

guess his **ass is grass.**

man these spoilers really spoiled my joke

Back to Mexico with you.

pretty sure carlos is legal

But I said Orthodoxy, not Catholicism.

resident evil 4 and lots of kirby

you a liar and a dumb

Yet another shit thread. Tough luck OP, but don't subject us to your shit.

resident evil 4 has some pretty good kicking but dark messiahs is better

So?

Kill yourself, faggot.

How do I stop it Holla Forums? I want to enjoy games again.

see

I've thought about it honestly.

I hope op got the ego boost he craved from this pity thread.

God damn those big nipples through the sweater.

Heh and they say that butthurt cant kill you

FE6, FE8, and FE9.

I'll pray for you to be cured from it OP.

They made this guy their lead animator for their show. Apparently he's really talented

what a downer, amirite?

but seriously though, play Soma, its worth it…
anyone already recommended?

how come you got diagnosed? did something hurt that made you go to the doctor?

also interested
for reasons

The fuck you guys need to know the stories of anonymous strangers for? This isn't 4am.

fear of death

So you wanna hear about more death? Great decision there. Play and discuss video games instead.

user, you should just milk crowdfunding sources with your story and spend your shekels making the most of life. You should cut back on red meat and animal products by the way. Hope you get well soon.

No you faggot, how the fuck do you find out if you have ass cancer? We often just ignore small pains we have.

Google exists you know.

Speakibg of /fit/ lifestyle, i remember a thread on pol about someone who used some diatomaceous earth food grade In his diet with alot of water to clean out parasites in his body that were leeching nutrients from his body, i researched around and seems alot more people on random forums at least were also doing it and claimed they had more energy, healthier skin, increased growth of hair as well as the loss of weight. Seems like a scam to me but i wonder if anyone here tried it. Been curious about it.

If it's a scam it's a poorly designed one, because diatomaceous earth is completely patent-free and cheap as fuck. It's like saying "you can clean almost anything with baking soda and vinegar" is a scam, there's no way to make lots of money off it.
The worst thing that can happen is, you drink some and absolutely nothing happens. Now you have some cheap powder that is really good at killing insects, what a shame. Just make sure you get food-grade and don't snort it up your nose.

sage b/c not even close to vidya

He better hit a synagogue the day he is told his cancer is terminal.

It might just be a hipster diet fad as well. Those are pretty common.

True, but farmers have been feeding it to their animals for decades and they swear by it, that's why food-grade even exists in the first place.
Also, it is really good at killing bugs. Had a bedbug infestation a few years back, got some, sprinkled it around and it killed all those fuckers. After hearing about people drinking it, I gave it a shot with the leftover powder and didn't suffer any ill effects. So hey, whatever works.

Thing is after the glutton apocalypse you can't fucking trust anything anymore. People can swear to result but you'll never get more double downed pretentious snobs than with non certified hipster nutritionists. I feel like we've kinda peaked with nutrition as a species, there's not much that you can ingest these days that's 200% better than most of what's already available in your local drug store

Heard you have to go with a teaspoon a day at start and ramp up a little from there, might give flu-like symptoms because of the toxins from dead parasite at start but stops after a few days or a week. I could reconsider it but i need to eat healthier.

Definitely got a bunch of people selling anything and everything as cure-alls these days. This stuff just rings more true to me than most of the crap you hear, and it (sorta) worked for me so I can't really hate on it. There's probably a bunch of shit we could do to improve our health but it's much more profitable to patent random chemical crap and sell it at a huge premium.

I went with a daily tablespoon mixed into water for a week, which is supposed to be harsh on sensitive stomachs, but didn't suffer much of anything. Other people report more dramatic results, maybe I haven't been eating enough tapeworm eggs.

Who knows, maybe you'll go the way of totalbiscunt and survive.

OP
Make life your game.
Do some fucking drugs
Fuck some whores if you can
Kill some people who need to be killed.
This game is called,
"Give a middle finger to the the universe".

Holy fuck the facebook tier edge fags are trying way too hard just go back to fucking reddit niggers

My Summer Car