youtube.com/watch?v=H-6dKVNt1C4

Dawn of War will never be good again. ;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/index.php?title=Dawn_of_Eldar&oldid=80452
moddb.com/mods/ultimate-apocalypse-mod/downloads
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wtf is this lazy OP?
Oh wait, I'm on Holla Forums.

But yes, don't expect any DOW 1 quality game anytime soon, especially since GW killed Slaanesh in warhammer and is marketing themselves as kid-friendly.

Bleh.

It really does take effort to make something so mediocre, that it makes dow2 look like a genre classic.
This is the dark age of RTS. We can only go back to older titles. But at least dow1-2 have some communities left, suppcom has faf and there is AoE2.

Was it ever? At least until Dark Crusade which added more depth than spam this one type of infantry and send it forth.

Kill yourself

At least theres still some good RTT games out there.

The fuck are you talking about? I reinstalled Winter Assault the other day and I'm still under the influence of muh nostalgia crashing on me.

Winter Assault was a garbage addon

That's when I reinstalled the first game as well. Same shit. Spam tactical marines until you get terminators, repeat.

Dawn of War 1 without expansions was easily the most balanced of the DoW games in MP, DC introduced the infamous firing-while-moving penalty among other things that caused serious issues. You'd know this if you actually played the game back when it first came out.

I mean sure, if you're just fighting the AI over and over things aren't too different and the SP campaign is no better than most RTS campaigns (I'd say the story was a little above-average and the VA was 'memorable' to say the least) but try just spamming terminators against a competent human player and they'll just use anti-Heavy Infantry weapons. Try actually clicking on a unit once in a while and looking at what they're classified as and what damage bonuses they have; the game is deeper than just Infantry and Vehicles.

Looks like it's really going to be the next big esports thing. Appeal to wider audience works yet again!

>tfw one platform it's on is on a phone

I hate this reality.

That did not happen you disinformed idiot.
Slaneesh is trapped in some weird eldar thing in AoS, it isnt even dead, and 40k still has slaneesh and all other chaos gods.

Don't worry, from what I hear it's trite shit.

They replaced it with the fucking Horned Rat on the Chaos axis, so it ain't coming back anytime soon. Then again, nobody cares about AoS so…

Why must all fall to chaos?

Yes, nobody cares about AoS and its shit, but slaneesh is not dead there, just imprisioned.

Because in the grimm darkness of the M2.017.05.12 there is only anger and dissapointment.

Even though the first Dawn of War's graphics didn't age well at all, the drama is on point. Were this animated, I could easily see Gabriel whirling around in barely-suppressed anger, or Sindri's first appearance rendered as a sinister flash.

If you want to use the Imperial Dating System, take the 3 minutes it takes to read up before you butcher it like that. Your post would be around 0.366.017.M3

DoW also goes to show that putting effort into that type of thing pays off in the long run. A lot of /tg/, at least, really appreciated the story and characters and it kept discussion about the game (i.e. free marketing) going long past release.

without even playing dow3 i can tell you with 100% certainty its a better game than dow2

Listen, there's no need to be a snarky little shit about it. I can and do appreciate the VA, the story and the memes it spawned but I honestly don't give a rats ass over muh multiplayer, and frankly they games really turned to shit once the devs started caring.

As for damage types they only matter in closer to codex tier mods since say assault cannon will kill 99% of the shit out there by the virtue of sheer damage. A support helfire or a predator will take care of that 1%.

This is Holla Forums user, being a snarky little shit is required. Maybe I was a bit unfair so apologies, it is true that the majority of people never touch MP beyond a compstomp with friends.
You mean once it got to 2? I mean DC 'balanced' things by capping fire-on-the-move accuracy to 15% for almost every unit.
It rather depends on which version of the game you're playing. Counters matter a lot more in vanilla DoW1, for example.

who the hell plays space marines?

Why not?

Do you know why they balanced that? Because the Eldar could run fleet-of-foot or whatever the fuck it's called and still end up with a positive factor or a bonus to hit higher than most standing units had. In fact I think only the Tau could match them, and only with the pathfinder debuff.

Yeah, tell that to attached support platforms. I did play more than enough DW1 thru SS on lan

As for counters they only feel important in mods that made certain armor types near impervious unless damaged by specific weapon type. A big example of counters not meaning shit is how you'd always want to pick grenade launchers over plasma guns or heavy bolters over launchers.

Who gives a shit about vehicles when melta grenades or that one annihilator you've got in the back will obliterate them?

i got tired of them after the first campaign. theres an interesting world in 40k, and its rare we get to play anyone else.

Yes and then the Eldar were OP anyway because they could fleet without penalties. Capping on-the-move accuracy to 15% makes upgrading units like dreadnoughts silly since melee power is all that matters. Eldar are questionably OP anyway given this, their abundance of hard counters and the fucking Avatar upping their popcap.
Well if you mostly played SS that's part of it.
Untrue if you're playing against another player, depending on faction. If you're fighting the AI then sure grenade launchers all day for the knock-down spam.
Again depends if you're fighting the AI or not.

Tell you what, write up a pasta and we'll host some hamachi or whatever games one of these days and I'd love to bully you into submission.

Now the thing about GLs is how they disrupt and will actually hit over what's otherwise a clusterfuck of your units stepping on each other toes and especially when buffed with commissars. Eldar main counters aka reapers, storms and rangers got nerfed into ground around DC, it's just too bad the dragons have more health than roided kroot or how the banshee scream is still the shit. Avatar's a shit meme unit that doesn't get the bloodthirster oh shit panic button value. Dreadnoughts get a dedicated ranged variant and if that's not enough they can still stand and shoot.

As for SS I probably played that one the least on the account of the bolter bitches being broken by design or the annoying as fuck timed missions.

And just so we're clear - you ragging on the AI is more than unfair. Some of the custom skirmish AI out there, the shit Meloo or Patman did for example will outclass your average player by a mile and then some.

I'm pretty sure you can use direct connect (i.e. IP0 with DoW actually and that should be less laggy. I'll throw one on up /radcorp/ at some point and we can get a thread going here on Holla Forums to try and get a full 4v4 game.
Yes, the knockdown is key.
Honestly I've played very little (vanilla) DC against other humans.
The point is that there's no point giving a default dread a gun when it costs resources and he should be rushing in and hitting shit anyway. Hellfires are another matter.
Also the wildly unbalanced flying units: some were worthless and some were idiotically powerful.

Honestly never tried custom AI: take everything I said to apply to vanilla AI only. And give me a link to some custom AI mods fag.

IP*

Meloo and patman should've tipped you off I was talking about Fok/Pok/Foc and all the other gorillion forks. I'd go into details but for the fact I haven't kept up with their "recent" bullshit

No idea. I infected several PCs with dow at one of my former workplaces and we'd play on lan during night shift. I could also swear there was a hamachi based pasta floating around.

Speaking of great DoW mods… anyone ever get that one Russian Steel thing to work?

I have the exact opposite view on DoW3 and futher reviews, steam scores, impressions from gameplay and mechanics have only cemented DoW3 as considerably worse.
Why would you find it better ?

Why the fuck should we listen to what you have to say?

Got you covered battle-bruva

base building, a population cap higher than 10, none of that lousy retreat button and basic units not gaining levels. orks also have some sort of scrap mechanic, which im assuming is like the thing GLA had in generals but with a few mroe gimmicks. i think factions need a way to differentiate themselves in rts to remain interesting.
i have a feeling its a decent game but just faster paced than most people can handle. too high of a skill cap. people want to mindlessly clash rock paper scissors armies together. they just want age of empires in space.

What's Dawn of War Pro like?

Very far from it. Your early game development is limited by escalation phases completely intentionally.
And there is nothing good to be said about skill cap when you don't even depend on starcraft tier unit movements, but on spamming grenades and whatever skills your army has.

You mean titanium/steel, steel legion mod or something else?

Didn't titanium wars/steel get shut down after using tyranids which made that mod's creators sperg out?

No, its back again withouth the nids, i have it intalled right now on its latest version.

Titanium Wars, yeah. I couldn't get past the password prompt.

WHY. WON'T. THEY. FUCKING. LEARN?

Will nothing short of a second vidya market crash make these idiots get their heads out of their asses?

Another crash would just make all this shit happen faster. At this point i'm convinced videogames are just going to end up all being ASSFAGGOTS, arena shooters, and mobage.

So the demo flopped? That's what they get for abandoning their fans to chase the ASSFAGGOTS crowd. Not that they're going to learn anything from this.

It released already.

I've heard fucking no one talking about this game. Even my friends that are 40k fans ignored it. Holy shit they screwed up this time.

I don't really keep up with modders or the drama that can surround that user but thanks for the link.
I've been out of the loop for years too.
It definitely works with hamachi/gameranger/tungle, I'm 90% sure it works with direct connect.

LOOK, AND DESPAIR

fuck off

I AM STILL FUCKING ANGERY THAT THEY TOTALLY FUCKING KILLED THIS SERIES

I'm wondering who is going to win the Octarius War.

Fug

There is still inquisitor martyr. But at this point I doubt a 40k game will be anything above average.
Hopefully martyr is at least on the level of battlefleet gothic.

Actually since this is a DoW thread, what are the best recommended mods for DoW1

rejoice people of Imperium, for Ultramarines just got superiorer than ever before
just end this

I could see an Octavius war game on the Orks' side that plays out on multiple levels:

The challenge is in multitasking or if it's multiplayer you must win on all layers to beat the 'Nidz.

Titanium wars is fine if you want vanilla+

I like the bolter rifle though.

Ultimate Apocalypse for SS is supposed to be the best, but since some ModDB admins got fucked by their gay wife's son's boyfriend or something and they nuked it, apparently the only way you can get it is through some sketchy as fuck russian website, and there are passwords for archives and other bullshit that you'll never find.

It's gotta be 'Nids. There are just too many of them. If the Orks could evolve equally quickly they'd reach a stalemate, but they can't, so they won't.

But you have no face ?

Except it literally did you cretin.

It did not, slaneesh isnt even dead in AoS, its trapped inside some elf bullshit.

Can you read? (No.)

1d4chan.org/index.php?title=Dawn_of_Eldar&oldid=80452

He is stronger and more useful than the bloodthirster (except for building damage and he has no jumps), unfortunately I just noticed warhammer-game.narod.ru is down but avatar has slightly higher damage than the bloodthirster, does not lose hp, regenerates hp when attacked, whereas the bloodthirster only regenerates it if he's attacked IN MELEE.

tl;dr you're a noob, proven by the fact that you yourself said you've never played multiplayer at all

Oh and this page doesn't even mention the blatant bullshit that eldar can spawn squad leaders right out of the gate with no requirements and that the squad leaders increase the damage of the entire squad without any upgrades needed.

You need armory to hire e.g. csm aspiring champion, and they don't do shit until you get the tier 2 health upgrade.
Eldar just get dark reaper exarch in the first minute and start raping your units and listening posts.

It did not, you uninformed, alarmist faggot.

The closest they have done thus far is the quick build boxes of ultramarines vs orks.
Right now, in 40k, the imperium is cut in half, cadia lew the fuck up and chaos is running rampant while guilliman is trying to get whats left of the imperium's shit together at terra, thats not kid friendly at all.

Wasnt the baneblade the strongest relic unic in DoW?

It's great but it's dead, the lead dev at relic (the one who left in I think 2013) said literally that dow pro was what they wanted dow to turn out.
The problem is that the MP is great, otherwise it fixes a lot of the issues of the dow expansions and it changes the game quite a lot, so that squad preservation is essential and the time and location of engagements is crucial.
For example, warp spiders are capped at 5 members per squad and iirc 1 squad rather than 9 members per squad and 3 squads, and they are more expensive and reinforce slower.

It did, you illiterate retarded nigger.

Here's your (you) faggot, now go kill yourself.

There's no "strongest", it depends on game type, map, army composition and match up.
Baneblade is super strong but it's also very expensive and big and slow, so if you play e.g. chaos you can surround it with bloodthirster, possessed and demon prince and then shoot it from behind with obliterators and a lascannon predator.
That, or you can just jump into the enemy's base with your bloodthirster and destroy all his shit while baiting his baneblade with hell talons and horrors.

Equally IG could get a baneblade out on a map with a single relic and support it with 2 techpriests and the kasrkin squad, in which case you're fucked.

Or eldar could make 5 brightlances and teleport in the 3 warp spider squads to throw their grenades, in which case the baneblade is useless.

Overall it's not so good tbh, bloodthirster is probably the "best" since he has 2 jumps and can be summoned on a unit (rather than at your base).

moddb.com/mods/ultimate-apocalypse-mod/downloads

All you need, extreme fun but there's no multiplayer, not that you need any since the AI is awesome.

They did not, now you will have to show your proof, since all AoS shit says that slaneesh is imprisioned.
First of all, thats 6th edition, you fuck, current 40k is 8th edition.
Second, 40k was never for 18+, also, dark vengeance's chaos faction has all kinds of mutations and gore, i know that because i have that exact boxset.

Reread and we'll talk.

The thing about Bloodthirster is that he doesn't massively debuff your whole army and economy on death.

Sure, but you need at least mobilize for war for platforms and spiders(I think) and the reapers kinda suck in SS and DC.

Bait, surely?

And you still have to show any proof that slaneesh is dead in AoS.
Are you autistic m8?

Like, literally!

I'd agree with you, but Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka has gone to the battle with the 'nids himself, and called every Ork in the galaxy to fight by his side. Of course not all of them have gone, but he's now leading the largest Ork army ever assembled. Could still be up in the air.

And i told you already, you obnoxius autist, in AoS slaneesh isnt dead, it was imprisioned by the elves in some mcguffin and the horned rat took its place, apparently slaneesh cultist are trying to break it free.

And it did not, thats not killing slaneesh, and im not underage, im not a shill, a troll or bait, you homever, seem to be, seeing how you are posting the SIXTH EDITION of 40k as proof when 40k is currently in 8th edition.

so

so you then type

Right, so you're clinically retarded?

Killing, is doing what GW did to the squats, the old world or the oldcrons, slaneesh's situation in AoS is a plot device.

So…you're clinically retarded.

Except it is, are you unable to read?
Slaneesh is captive in an elven mcguffin, slaneeshi cults are trying to break it open.

By the emperor, can't you take a hint already?

Interesting.

Cant you two take a hike back to /tg/ to IDF 8th edition rumors, instead of here, considering NO ONE will buy dow 3?

And the sisters of battle havent been updated or got any new models for quite some time now, does it mean sisters of battle no longer exist in 40k?
What part of plot device do you not understand?
Breaking slaneesh out is a thing in AoS.

until they do that she's not there, sob are playable and have actual armies, nobody wrote "SoB are absent from w40k until further notice"

sure, they could always revive slaneesh, they could also bring squats back by saying "actually one of their planets survived and they used jokaero and eldar technology to hide their planet from tyranids and then repopulated" or some other bullshit but until GW does that (never), squats are dead (in w40k) and slaneesh as well (in warhammer)

But it isnt.
Squats were shoa'd, the remaining population could never field armies liek they used to.
Slaneesh homever is still alive, and the followers of slaneesh are alive aswell, and tryign to get slaneesh back.
Also, if im not mistaken, AoS does have rules for fielding fantasy battle armies, so you can still play slaneesh, of course that doesnt make it any less shit.

they essentially pulled the "surprise you have a clone army now that was kept in hiding all this time, just in time for this big war" like in SW, classy GW

Well, tbh, the signs were always there, we just didnt realize it before.
Mars and terra kept requesting geneseed and relics as tithes from all chapters for 10 millenia, they must have been doing something with them.

exactly when you posted

GW can write ANYTHING. they could write that squats had their DNA re-created by guilliman, that the eldar hid their planets in the webway, that the dark eldar captured most of them as slaves and they escaped by accident/were saved, whatever, GW can write ANYTHING, even if it makes no sense

guilliman was technically alive until a few months ago except he pretty much wasn't as he didn't have any model or rules in w40k. so yes, GW killed guilliman after w30k. sure, they revived him later, but he was dead until a short while ago, slaneesh is the same

How new are you?
We have a thing called IDs here.

he meant the time obviously you retard

You cannot claim something is dead because it isnt playable.

no, of course not, it's alive and well and relevant and playable, reality be damned!
not only unplayable but also unable to do anything (guilliman in stasis, slaneesh in nowhere-land)

Being dead is an endline, you autist, when you claim that, you say that slaneesh was offed and will never show up again.
Homever, that is not the case, as slaneesh being imprisioned and people trying to break it out IS a plot point, therefore, GW has not offed the character and there can be new slaneesh shit.

Wait just a damn minute…

FUCKING HERETIC SCUM

It's only GW's plot armor that is keeping it/him alive, and their writing themselves into a corner with the "potential new eye of terror demon gate".

I won't hold my breath

Not saying you should, AoS is shit, but saying slaneesh is dead is spreading misinformation, just like posting 6th edition box set.

He's definitely dead.

Surely the fires of warp hell you will soon burn within are fictional as well. The mere existence of warp travel proves his spirit is as alive as any of your false gods.

I'm going to write your (you) on the Nova cannon round that will kill your entire family.

no, you're just retarded

cheap bait retard, here's 7th ed: 12+

this is when I knew you were a cheap relic shill/do-it-for-free failed troll, 8th edition isn't out yet

So what chance does the galaxy have against the Tyranid hive fleet anyway?

wow careful with that edge
Empy himself was so afraid of them he banned all religion

huge because imperium has plot armor

realistically none at all

dog owners, imperium fans and christians, the most obnoxious people in the history of the universe, even jews are preferable company to you lowlives

Please go back to reddit.

get firestorm over kaurava, try both but I find it far better than UA

I downloaded DoW and finished the campaign. What now? A friend of mine told me to skip directly to Soulstorm, but what about the others? Are they worth playing?

Your friend is mistaken. Soulstorm is the worst of the series.

Winter Assault has a single player campaign al teast check that out.

The story of dow1 gets picked up again in dow2 retribution.

We don't talk about the last expansion.
Play them in order user, the story makes some sense that way.

Well shit, now I don't know who's right.
I guess I'll play all campaigns eventually, but what's the best expansion to settle and play single player skirmish?

You mean that Gabriel Angelos' storyline doesn't get picked up in one of the 3 expansions? That's some bullshit, DoW 2 is definitely beyond my toaster's capabilities.

Souldstorm > Dark Crusade
Fight me 1v1 irl fegt

Pro's not too shabby either if you're into skirmish.