Rainbow Six: Siege thread

Devs just delayed the next DLC until August and shitcanned the Polish map to focus entirely on fixing the netcode, hitreg, increase tickrate, and other bugfixes. What're your thoughts on this?
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-289775-16/year-2-season-2-operation-health

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/edit#gid=0
youtube.com/watch?v=T0x3Cbcu_a4
youtube.com/watch?v=yZIlPRoZ27s
youtube.com/watch?v=GkCWEWwARAg
youtube.com/watch?v=0Gd4KDJ7F1Y

Other urls found in this thread:

rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-290265-16/operation-health-qa
archive.is/sFzMd
archive.is/ecNp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If it means the game will finally work right, I don't give a shit.

Wew
Shitcanning new content isn't exactly good for the game's health either I'd say. But I'd rather they ditch the maps than the operators.
And while everyone wants to see polish ops, nobody wants to see poland itself:^)

Yeah, if it means no more gamebreaking bugs upon any patch than I'm okay with it despite the fact they should've done this to begin with, but better late than never I suppose.

I was hoping for commieblocks, but I'm just interested in what the Polocks will use.

Been awhile since one of these threads.
Nothing but good. The game needed these fixes a long time ago and now we're getting them. I just hope it doesn't make things worse.
Here is hoping that they actually improve it to a good state.

This can only be a good thing in the long run. Losing a map sucks, but I think this is definitely worth the sacrifice. I don't think losing a potential map is enough to harm the game any more than bugs, long queue times, and shit connections. I think this shows that they're paying attention to the game and are flexible in improving it which makes me very hopeful. At least we get three ops at once I guess.

I was really excited for a Polish map compared to a Korean or Hong Kong one, considering we already have a Japan one.

That describes everything Ubisoft has done with siege.

Yes. Git gud.

Siege is definitely not real R6.
But guess what it actually is?
A real good game.

Why yes, actually I have played the original ones.

Shid, now I'm gonna have to grind to 75k between the patches

I think they could give you just a bit more renown each match. Like 2x if you win, and then keep it the same if you lose.

What they usually do is just give everyone 50% more renown. It balances out pretty well.

Gotta buy the boosters goyim or wait for the servers to shit themselves for a day so they'll give 50% renown for a week.

fuck off Todd.

Nice buzzwords faggot, if only they actually applied to siege.

Latter does if you make it do so yourself :^)

how can you operate a computer being this blind?

What in the actual fuck?

I'm convinced that the game is good, but is it worth it if I'd have 150-200 ping? I don't want to be at a huge disadvantage and being a liability to the team.

You have a huge advantage.

It's pretty much impossible to play any online game with that kind of ping. Are you Australian or something?

The netcode's shit and headshots are instant kills so having a high ping's means you can do some bullshit.
Just don't use shields because you'll also be bullshitted.

why is your ping so high user?

Check back after they "fix" the servers.

Yes and if for some reason you haven't the game is still decent.
Confirmed for never playing the game.

Look, my problem is not the game, but the fact it's using the title Rainbow Six.

It's an insult to the real R6 games.

Call it CoD: Siege or BF: Siege or Halo: Siege, but why Rainbow Six? It has nothing that made R6 such a classic and unique game.

While you're right that it's not a real R6 game, Ubisoft has the rights so they might as well use them, and like everyone has said to you before, it's nothing like CoD or BF.

It's a bullshit fucking Jew move and you know it.

Just like how EA slapped C&C on the game Generals when it had nothing to do with C&C whatsoever (besides being an RTS).

People that do this are fucking shills that try to trick the fanbase.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

I live in a shit country unfortunately. I've seen people playing siege with 150-200+ ping in ranked so I figured I should give it a try at least. But maybe it's a mistake, I don't know.

Haven't played in a while, good to hear they're actually fixing shit now.
Bummer.

Okay dude. Tune down the autism though.

Brand recognition. Just "Siege" is a fine name in on itself, but it doesn't bother me that they slapped the Rainbow Six title on it.
After all, it's a spinoff :^)

If the fan base is composed of such idiots as to not look up a game before they buy they deserve all the jewing they get. So other than the name, would you like to come up with a real complaint? Also nice downboat.

Jesus fuck you're annoying.

I haven't played the game since late March because I got banned for a profile pic and that was half the fun for me, how much have they changed.

NO ONE CARES.

What country.

By not being bothered by it you are encouraging this behavior from greedy developers/publishers.

Siege was just what came out of the ashes of what was supposed to be R6 Patriots. Besides, why do you feel such a need to preach to the choir? Because that's what you're doing.

kek what was it?

It was that picture, Ubisoft thought it was a dick and apparently I've been reported multiple times before.

Oh no a publisher will do something I disapprove of? This has never happened before! And siege turned out good anyway. On top of that, how is it greedy? By using a license they already have to make a game? By not staying true to the old game? I can see your displeasure with it but I don't get how it is greedy.

I have to admit I had to look a couple times to figure out what was going on in that image, but you're saying not one, but multiple people were 'bothered' by it enough to report it?

Their system counts how many times overall you've been reported and if there actually is something bad they do it immediately, to no surprise the whole system is fucking broken.

Who the fuck took the time to zoom in on your pic, think there's a dick, then report?

I really don't get why people use such shitty report systems. It's just lazy.

Patches that "fix" the game are now a feature

Is that an actual screenshot? And at least they're bothering to fix them and not charging for it. For Ubisoft that's impressive.

Valk really has to be the ugliest operator

I fucking hope you added that on purpose

rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-290265-16/operation-health-qa

OH FUCK

What's with japs love with Siege?

Japs actually fucking love ubisoft actually

For Honor is a second loving there too

The biggest problem with Siege right now is basically everything they said they're gonna improve in Health. If they fix all of that and continue to use the TTS to iron out new updates this game will be truly fantastic.
Also shameless bump.

Wait, really? I mean, I heard Japs were actually super casuals, but why Ubisoft specifically?

the change to the roadmap pisses me off because i bought the fucking goypass for season 2 thinking they'd stay true to the roadmap

but maybe this fucking operation health will help game function and they won't fuck it up for a month like they do every other patch. i really like this game, it kills me to give jewbisoft money for it and to use their horrid uplay client for one fucking game too

The goypass is all new operators included, one week early, with their cosmetics, and with a discount to the renown store. Since the polish ops still get released, this changes nothing for you.

Because japs think it's hardcore. The same way a western weeaboo playing persona or touhou would think "oh man I'm so sugoi, playing games like a real nihonjin" they would think "oh man I'm so tacticool, playing real western games like an operator". There's quite a lot of military otaku in japan as well.

why are you pissed? You're still getting all the content in the end.

cuz i wanted another set of ops to play this month, "pissed" might be an extreme word for it

A problem I have with this game is there's many features that are obviously there to make the game more "fair" for casuals, like only being able able to have a single Breaching charge or out at once. That, and the amount of times I've gotten killed due to contextual commands not working is starting to wear me down.

Siege is the best shit, but:
This thread is not.

Wonky vaulting is definitely one of the things that Buck suffers the most from.

I get pissed enough at casual, so I flat out refuse to play ranked.

It's not only vaulting, but rappelling and reinforcing walls are terrible.

don't dwell on it, i have 500 hours and i haven't played ranked once, and lots of other players will vouch that the casual set-list is better because ranked is full of hackers

Devs listed out in more detail what they're doing.
archive.is/sFzMd
One of the biggest things is:

Also the Community Manager answered some questions on plebbit
archive.is/ecNp8
Some of the more important questions not listed in the article:

i wonder if that means physical layout changes might be made

Maybe Favela wouldn't be such fucking garbage.

Any lewds of this grill?

wew

**you better not be the "pegging is most hetero" IQ waifufag"

noice

Goodness, I think some of them are learning. Now if these people can spread this knowledge around a bit we may see more nice things in the future.

Ay Goober Supreme ya there faggot?

so this new roadmap says "new weapons" on it, is that just padding out the image or do you think the old operators will get some new guns?

If it's anything like season 1, the new operators will get different guns, but they will not go back and add guns to old ones.

But what do you expect, it's ubisoft.

eh i'm overall happy with the current guns everyone gets although i woulda liked for a 2/3 speed character to get the p90 rather than the two fattest cunts in the game

Nah probably means only the new ops.
tfw no AS VAL

Back to the sewers with you, cav.

its not as bad as bartlett, also whenever i play defense on favela people STILL forget to check opposite tower so i just run over there as jaeger and snag a few easy rappel kills

pity bump