Space Station 13 - SS13 General

Keeping the Promise edition.
I will be running a server, using the code that won the poll from so long ago. I'll be sure to keep you posted on that, but for now, SS13 general.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/
github.com/Yonaguni/EuropaStation
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
gitgud.io/infinitestation
tgstation13.org/wiki/What_is_SS13
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh god. I've never played vorestation code because of the name.

Why ss13 always dies on 8ch

Look forward to seeing how this disastrously explodes just like I predicted every fucking time.

Fuck it here goes nothing.
byond://174.106.83.254:4242

jesus

What else did you expect from something called vorestation?

fuckit, we /tg/code now.

Hosting the underwater station code might attract more people than your over-the-top anal hotel simulator.

It's this a ruse or did someone finally make a deep sea station?

There is one, but I forgot the name of it.

Coming on now for !!!FUN!!!

Oh, and does anyone know how to set an exclusion so Adobe Flash doesn't interact with BYOND?
I used to use a VM without flash installed, but don't have a solution without a VM.

SQL error when trying to click Join Game, and Setup Character doesn't work at all.

Sorry about that, fixed the database just now so it should be good.

Now I'm just being dropped constantly.
I don't know how BYOND mememagic works, so I don't have to clue on how to fix it. Just gives me "connection failed" as soon as I get in.

Gonna play devils advocate here, because I think you're ignoring the shitty players that always end up becoming a problem even more serious than the shitty admins.

We either get the no-fun "NO, WE MUST FOLLOW THE RURES" types that want anything no RP to be banned, or we get the epic memester who think their "hilarious prank" that removes half the station from the round is funny and original.
It isn't. Not, not even lube is original in anyway, I've seen every use of it tenfold, and I'm sick of it. Yes, you can slip someone out of an airlock, yes you can slip them into electric grids, yes you can slip them and just laugh, yes you can slip the sec guard and steal their baton and beat them to death, ahah, hardy dee harr, aren't we funny?

The shitty admins do little to mitigate this. On some ocasions they could have done something, but they didn't. Shame on them.
On other occasions, they couldn't have done anything. Shame on the players.
/tg/ can afford to keep a moderator online every hour. Last I checked (a few months ago) they had something like 30 guys in the moderation team. 8ch has a ragtag band of 2-3 autists that more often than not share the same timezone any attempt to grow the moderation team beyond that was met with suspicion from the players that ended up being justified nearly 60% of the time since one of the newcomers was either too strict/too lax or just memed up the place with "hilarious" rounds

If you wanna do something SS13 related in 8ch, the playerbase has to agree on what they want and curate themselves with the help of the moderators.
Don't ask the mods to fix the playerbase: it can't be done and they fuck up anyway.
Don't ask the players to become the next moderator: they just wanna press buttons.

And above all, don't accept meme-players of anykind.
I'm not talking about people with "meme" in their OOC name.
I'm talking about people who play alone, by themselves against everyone else.
There are still Quake Deathmatch servers for that. Redirect them there.
Either the players learn to play WITH each other instead of against every other, or shit dies in a month.
The last one is a personal preference though. I like co-op shit and loath meme-posting. Vorestation was picked for a meme, that was a terrible decision.
I'm happy that old Hatestation had 10 votes, even without me voting.

user has a very good point. It doesn't help that the problem players who do get banned then proceed to whine and shitpost the thread to oblivion.
Either way, the server's still up, still running /tg/, and I'll actually be watching the station for the next hour or so.

I wouldn't bother for now.
If my calculations are correct, it's 1 AM in burgerland and 5 AM in euroslam.
I don't remember a lot of people dropping by at those hours.
Still, it's nice to see folks still trying. I'll join in tomorrow at burger 8 PM or so.
I'm shit at timezones.

Will we ever get a active serb again?

we will, when everyone (both players and moderators) care about before shit hits the fan.

8/v/ SS13

>Not your authority
>"Let's get a VOIP circlejerk going"
>"We are pleased to announce we've incorporated the man who everyone wanted as Staff, it's Taft Dopaper! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚"
>"We killed the traitor and saved the station πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘! Round type: Extended."

So never?

Is that pasta from /tg/?
Cause I don't remenber any of that from any 8ch station ever, especially the "+15 player cult rounds with no security" because we never had more than 15 players we actually did and those were very comfy and happy times ;_;

The rest does sum up some 6 months I did spend playing on /tg/ when they still weren't that crazy about traitors.
Those were not fun times since the community was split between roleplayers and metagamers (metagaming had a very different meaning back then too).
I guess they sorted out that problem and went all out about the traitors which is dumb and stupid but at least they know what they want now, I guess?

Based.

I wouldn't change a single thing

I just wanna play a round of spessmen with you niggers or a bit of Barotrauma.

This game truly is suffering.
I wish for times when Holla Forums had more users and less moderation.
When will we finally pool money to outsource a new client to india? A new client would bring in so many new players.

That's his job you retard

ur serb is broken

This sentiment is exactly why you will never have a successful Holla Forums server.

I didn't mean the "you need a valid reason to shoot this person" guys.
I meant the "fill up this form before I can hand you over this seringe".
Or the "your character is only 23, you can't be Head of Security!"

The cancer about "serious roleplayers" isn't the roleplaying itself. To a degree, that's actuall a plus to the game.
The cancer is people using the roleplay to bend the rules and munchkin the round.
Example: a traitor uploads a law 0 telling the AI to commit suicide immediately. The AI then finds some sort of loophole based on a previous order. Cue 30 minutes of OOC bitching from the guy because the AI player should be banned, and this isn't proper RP, and it's stupid, etc.
Yes, this happened on an 8ch server. Multiple times.

I'm actually in favour of enforcing some ground rules for basic decent behaviour.
Going around nicking shit shouldn't be punished in-game.
If I play doctor, I don't wanna waste 5 times at roundstart welding every door and replacing the windows with reinforced walls because I have to deal with people breaking in. I don't wanna make a fuckload of poison to shoot up niggers who nick shit when they don't need it.
I want to play a doctor and heal people.
The "handle it IC" policy works on a few situations, but on the vast majority, it forces everyone to double as security, medic and part-time HoP because of shitters.
And this feeds into the "everyone's being a shitter, I can't even tell the traitors from the normal crewmembers" problem.
There was always a very loose definition of what constituted a reason for murdering someone. On the later servers it got down to "oh, he punched you once? Punch him back. He punched you twice? License to kill granted"

There's two lines in this game.
The first separates "practical joke" from being a dickweed.
The second line separates being a dickweed from being a shitter.
I'd be fine with people crossing the first line everyonce in a while.
But the way things went, the second line is barely visible with all the shitters running over it.

Oh, one more thing about the "lines" and setting up rules:
In the real world, we got laws and we got enforcers.
The shitters that lasted the most, lasted because they constantly tip-toed the guidelines we set up.
You can ban them, and they'll bitch (with a certain degree of reason) or wait until they do so many terrible things, tiptoeing isn't an excuse anymore.
The next person that wants to host needs to not only set up guidelines defined by the player base, but make sure they're not discussed afterwards. Someone gets a ban? That's it, and that's final.
Open up rule discussion once a week tops, else let the discussion be about the rounds, not wether a ban was right or not.
Kinda like what the major boards here do with the meta-boards. Keeps the boards clean and the complaints are centralized.

Oh fuck you I was excited to play with extreme autism mode enabled
YOU PROMISED.

redpill me on vorestation, i always played on /tg/

Here: reddit.com/
Go and stay go.

how about just explaining what vorestation is about instead of flipping out like a 12 y/o over 2 words

two pretty goddamn cancerous words that barely merit being used at all in this case, let's be honest

It's a station.
Where vore happens.

This shithole is worse than reddit these days.

60 votes, against 37 in the other votes.
Remember that time we had 97 players?
Yeah, we sure did.

I want to play, when can I start? I already have BYOND and SS13 installed, but I've never played it.

There is nothing wrong with filling out paperwork to get items. Thats the point of paper, pens, stamps, and mail system

How can a game so good have a community so shit?

Whats the best gayylien to be?
Whats the best gayylien to be AV'd by? :3

Not when the captain is dying in front of medbay and requires that anti-toxin needle.

Fnyggers.

The bananajew pretends to be a girl as he stabs you.

OH WAIT HERE COMES HONKETTE WHO FINALLY GOT ANTAG AT 3 AM
KILLS EVERYONE WITH FUCKING DANIELHEN AND THEN THEY ERP

You just saved the Changelings life

Nah, that's his punishment.
In ye old days of SS13, the Clown wasn't a job you could pick.
It was something the admins made you into if you especially shit.
You'd have to do something so shitty, banning wouldn't be considered appropriate response. Humiliation was in order.
Clowns had severe disabilities, not the joke clown syndrome they got now. You couldn't even pick up guns without shooting yourself.

I think if we ever get a playerbase going, I'd sugest removing the clown and the mime from the job list and tweak them to be extra terrible (like the mime being completely mute).
Then keep that shit as actual punishments for the extra-spicy shitters.
I stopped progress on the auto-moderator script. This is inspiring me to start anew.

Can someone please host a serb with this code
github.com/Yonaguni/EuropaStation

Its different enough without being cancer so anons might come back to playing comfy spessmens.

What else is diferent about it?
I dig the lightning touches.

byond://server.wetskrell.org:8001

try it yourself

You cant have a full/v/ spess station because some of the players we get are bottom of the barrel shitters, degenerates and attention whores that have been permabanned on every single other server because they were so unbearable.
It is impossible to uphold any semblance of order ingame because as soon someone joins they become ancap extraordinaire, and a temp ban is treated by the entire community as grounds for a civil war, not to mention the schizophrenics that would go on a vendetta to kill the server by any means nessesary should their feelings get hurt by a mod decision.

I would not only never again take part in operating a full/v/ serb, or hosting one, I will never again play on one because the part of the community that is truly absolutely disgusting to interact with.
t. Mod of a previous iteration of full-spessmen

Don't forget that we have genuine people who do nothing but try and grief and ruin rounds for no reason. The Barotruama threads are enough proof of this. I enjoy Gamerfood sometimes but god damn those threads were a fucking disaster because fucking server owners couldn't get their shit together and just limit the player count.

A system where the users can vote on tempbanning shitters when there's no admins online would be good.
Hell, make it so all admins bans have to be voted on by the current users.

If someone gets 100% voted off, they have no right to complain on the thread that the admins are aboosing them.

And the terraria threads.
And the minecraft threads.
And the Classic Team Fortress.
And the Ace of Spades.

I'd buy the whole "admins are shit" because they often are, but after trying the other threads, I gotta say the admins are shit because they're 8/v/ players, and most of those are shit.

Okay, so maybe not "most". A small subset of them are. But they're very vocal about it, and you're fucked if you don't let them play with you.
It is their right as an american citizen, and a ban is an offense on their liberties to which they'll respond like an Ancap that got his NAP broken.

I'm working on applying something like the Robot 9000 from /r9k/ to SS13.
Not to moderate content, but moderate shitters.

I would bring up the fact that the same people who run servers for one game probably run the same servers for other games. There's an obvious variable here but anons just need to hold a higher bar for hosters hosting a server and hosters need to (unfortunately) deal with it because it's not 2006 anymore and griefers are everywhere. This is one of the many prices we pay for being an easily accessible site that isn't a secret club.

Hatestation to be honest wasn't that bad under gitgud, Koriath was a cool dude who just got tired of being shit on and ended up quitting coding. We haven't seen a server that actually is updated and has admins on in years at this point.

I regret introducing emilyinspace to Hatestation, I thought I could have a cool semi-meta buddy to make bants with while I play. Never intended for them to griff so hard they made a few admins look like cucks for not banning them.

PuppySky Hatestation was fucking shit, literal VOIP admin circlejerk.

Honestly, I think if gitgud would host 2015 Hatestation and just updated that shit would be alright. He's pretty autistic, but autistic enough to have some integrity, read logs and rent a server.

I miss all the enabled races.

Nah, I was a shit admin.
I'm not cutout for that. I give second chances to everyone, and that works out in-game as much as it works IRL: you get a couple of good moments where it pays off, but eventually your shit is ruined by the one time you fuck off.
Admins need to be a bit more ruthless.
Does emmily have the 'tism? I never even got to talk to her, she was pre-emptively banned before I got online. The logs I read were disturbing to say the least. Bi-polar or psychotic?

Also, I'm not really angry at you or her, I don't think a lot of people or even care.
But she and you are a prime example why meta-buddies are frowned upon. Couple that with a smaller player base and the impact is even worse.
The only time I remember metagaming with my brother was 2009 or something back when goon was the only station. We weren't caught for metagaming, we just got banned for killing 30 people and making a giant burger with them.
The thing is, it was boring as fuck. When you're playing with another person you don't know, you can't see or hear IRL, there's a certain uncertainty.
You can't tell if he's a traitor, if he's actually gonna help you or backstab you. Heck, he doesn't even have a real reason to help you most of the time.
But then there's those magical rounds where you're dying in a hull breach and some crazy motherfucker on drugs and a gas mask runs in, saves you and hands you gun saying "Get ready".
Two minutes later, you walk by someone shooting at the guy and about to take him down, and you help him out.
Imagine how that guy feels now. How you feel.
That's SS13 for me. The spontaneous moment-to-moment interactions with other players.
I've played enough to make every piece of content in every station boring (even vorestation).
It's the players that make the game, not the game mechanics.

You forgot pessimistic fucks in your lineup

With the /r9k/ crossposters, that's a given and a fact of imageboards.

You mean the cucks having a meltdown?

>>12553750
Portugal must be bleeding by keeping that autistic peninsula monkey alive on welfare for so long.

wtf I love gitgud now

Fuck off. All of your posts are negative, so you clearly don't want to play the game.
Go away.

Top fucking kek, it's also as if my posts stopped you from double clicking byond and playing the fucking game because you have the willpower of an obese woman that's been watching television everyday for the past decade.

My posts have some positivism to them, the hope that you cancerous cysts stop receiving EBT cards, die and no longer shill game server after another only to act like the previous server wasn't a complete failure in order to get a few newfags to abuse repeatedly.
I'll give you some advice because your chipmunk sized brain can't come up with any, try to set up some ebaumsworld raid narrative next thread o/

Oh, so you're a goon.
Shoo shoo.

Gonna give you a piece of advice: arguing with him is pointless.
Not because he's wrong. He's right on many things.
But the discussion is gonna go:
And it's pretty much two walls screaming at each other.

Also, him shilling for his channel should give you a clue as to what kind of person he is.

And I'll offer you a proper rebuttal:
Open the catalog.
Type "Barotrauma" in the search field.
0 threads. Go back a couple of months and we had a thread daily.

That video happened because:
Remove one of these two, and the video wouldn't exist. Either you wouldn't be griefing, or you would but alone with your mate.
They have every right to be angry at you. You jumped into a comunity, leeched off their willingness to play a game and then kept at it until it died.
What's next, Rust? Ark? Some indi-shit 2D survival openworld platform? /int/craft?

The trolls of today forget a very important lesson that the trolls of yore knew to heart: you can push up to a certain point. They'll cry, they'll bitch and moan but they'll keep playing a feeding you.
But push to hard and it dies.

For comparison, the Terraria servers I joined on Holla Forums had people griefing by placing down mud houses everywhere with scarecrows inside, painting cocks on every wall and stupid pointless shit like that. Those annoyed people, but the servers kept up.
What you did was akin to the random shitbag that joined with infinite dynamite and blew up the whole world.
Fun for 5 minutes, then every disconnects and it dies.

I guess that's a retard's defense mechanism in action.

Can you call me a Coon next for emoji posting πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚?

Nobody has yet.

The portujew will only tell a truth if it benefits a greater lie.

Besides feeling your ESP tingling, do you have any evidence that shows that will happen or are you just shitposting? :^)

I'm now gamerfood πŸ˜‚ the autistic genius, Koriath "CUCKS4EMILY" Kyron, strikes again.

Alright, guess I was wrong.
I was half expecting you to press on the points you did get right instead of firing the /s4s/ right of the bat.

Fire Safety.

Kill yourself.
Your shittery in games isn't even fun. You just go from 0 to 100 in a second, ruin it all and cirlclejerk with your friend about how 1337 c00l it was.

There's a difference between RPing and fucking everyone over for a prank and joining as civillian and metagaming to kill everyone, and you're too fucking delusional to recognise that.

Everyone gets called an autist, but you're so fucking heavily medicated by mummy you don't even know what you're doing it bad.

Hourly reminder you'll never get those 10 bucks back.

wew lad

Oh wow, it's been years since I've seen a legitimate "no u".
Have an old pic, you deserve it, champ.

Projection is all fun and games until someone does it to you, 'eh?
1 0 B U C K S

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

s-sorry i'm late

No stations up?

I got tired of waiting for you fucks to settle on a server, so i went and got a shipping/reciving job.

Now i live the cargonian life irl.

At least it was fun when there were players. F.
Damn, now I feel guilty for quitting coding as well. Sometimes I wonder whether the experimental organsystem that I ultimately left unfixed had a part in the server's death.
I could try nigger-rigging some Hate-features to work on new /tg/code on my spare time (and make it possible to pull commits from upstream. Seriously, how did Riesen fuck the codebase that bad?), but I'm not sure if I enough time from work and other projects. That, and any 8ch server will inevitably be either dead or full of shitters. Reaching out elsewhere for players could work, but then the magic would be gone.

Oh hey man, what've you been up to? I always thought you were a bit spergy, but nowhere near bad enough to warrant all the shit-spewing in the threads.

Fucking hell, meant to quote

I've thought about us having a mainstream server that we just settle on.
Not one of the big ones like /tg/ or some shit, but a server that gets no more than 10 people at a time.

Then we have a comfy server without many randoms, don't have to have one of us be an Admin and get hated by others, and then admins can ban shitters freely without any blame going to anons, making the thread blow up.

We can always do like the Steepe people: ride down fron the mountains raiding and pillaging then moving on.
Dress in green to signal each other.
I'm against posting "hey I'm at X, got get me guis" and other assorted meta-faggotry but we could be like a gang in other servers.

Damn, that sounds comfy.
If someone picked a server, I'd happily come join them with that.

That's a decent plan, there are plenty to rotate through that have 10 and fewer players at any given time. Faggots will still be faggots though I'm sure and screech up the thread about everyone else being cucks for staying on whatever station banned them.

Alright, I'll go hunting for a server that's mid-RP and moderately active in the morning.
Just wanted to bump, tbh.

is it that time again where faggots get that spessman itch?

we can't really do this unless we get:

lol, we can barely hit 12 players.
No one will want to learn BYOND code. We need a standalone in another language for anyone to care.
SS14 has constant progress but I still prefer that anons idea of using mod packs to let every codebase work.

dude that's just the bare minimum, we need at least 15 active players as well otherwise we're stuck with low pop shittery

which is why user is looking for an already semi-active server
which honestly seems like a nice tidy little solution to all this shit

all coders have fucked off or require a steady serb to code (lol)
all admins and hosts have fucked off and no one wants to deal with 8ch's autistic userbase anymore

Wrong.
byond://81.140.210.157:7272

Server's on /tg/, by the way.

it's a very short term solution

we don't need lax rules we need level headed moderators

Seems a bit excessive to me. 3 or 4 coder/mappers should be enough. In a minimally modified /tg/ (or /vg/ or whatever) code server one would be enough even. You're right about the moderators though.

It's just that there's no real motivation to make good shit if there's only 5-player 5-hour extend rounds. Any other coders in the thread?

My first experience with SS13 was about a year ago with Holla Forums. I quit because of this:
Basically it devolved into 5 people in a station meant for more than that, and one of them kills "for the memes"

it's excessive for a reason, it's to give people a sense that shit is actually being worked on

We need a grand total of 1 coder, 1 mapper, and 4 moderators.
Prove me wrong.

we've had that before, take a guess how that worked out

Sucks that you got the worst of it.
Believe it or not, back in 2014 we had around 15 players and that sort of shit didn't happen.
I still blame Holla Forumscrossposters that hang out at reddit and 4chan for the influx of newfags

It's also one of the things most people that hate the mods forget. We had some shitty moderators, but they were accompanied with shitty players as well.
At least someone knew they were shitters and fucked off for a week when they got banned.
The actual autistic fuckers posting "REEEEEEE, UNBAN ME OR I'LL DDoS the server!" were fucking awfull and shat up a thread with 50 posts of that shit.

I can confirm this.
I don't mind coding stupid shit that half the playerbase ends up hating and we have to remove later. At least we had something diferent for a while to play with and some folks had fun.
But coding something like a new gamemode is pointless on 5man rounds.

the only thing that's really needed is more low pop shit and once we get that things will turn more high pop naturally

This game is great and you are all great for partaking in it. You are part of the magic that keeps servers rolling with excitement.

How about NPC's?
Would work kinda like cargo, except it's the HoP "hiring" them because it makes sense and the faggot needs something to do after he's done printing 30 all-acess cards for the clown.

You get them with roles, and they'll sorta "gravitate" towards a point. Medics to medbay and that sort of thing.
The thing is, I can script a medic to heal someone nearby (a shitty heal, but it helps) but what about other roles?

The plus side of NPC's is that we get a station packed to the brim with things a traitor can kill without taking a player out of the game (appeases the murderboners).
The downside is that we'd need a way to distinguish them from normal players, and that would be slightly immersion breaking.

it's time and you could also have this as a punishment for criminals

That feeds into the idea I was thinking up/researching the code for.

I looked into how the /r9k/ robot used to work. Has a funny history too.
And I thought we could have something similar for SS13.
Do mind: there have been servers with automated moderation before. Colonial Marines might be the best example because of how bad it is (someone trying to kill you with collateral damage will not get punished, if you fight back directly, you get a short ban).

I was thinking of doing something like Police used to do: profiling players.
Instead of punishing people for actions, punish them for tendencies.
Imagine that at the end of everyround, each player gets a little report saying things like how agressive they were. How murderous, how communicative/autistic, how many items they crafted/built, how good they were at their job.
We could run something like this for say… a week. Get a sort of average. "Alright, players on 8ch are on average 64% agressive on some fucked up made up scale".
Then we can punish/reward people who deviate from the norm. Couple this with the bot having parameters that can be reviewd and set once every week (for instance, could be more/less frequent) and we can fine tune what kind of playerbase we want.

Instead of handling punishement with simple bans (that rarely accomplish anything besides making a player salty enough to shitpost the thread to oblivion) it could lock people from certain jobs (if they sucked ass at it) or force them into roles like a servitor/borg if they weren't cooperative enough when compared to the rest of the playerbase.

Best of all, the parameters and rule review can be tweaked on the fly (if we end up trusting the algorithm) and the bot changes how agressive people are suposed to be based on the everyround.
Say one morning of Spessman everyone is happy and peacefull like hippies.
Some asshole comes in and shoots up the place? He gets to be Betsy the cow next round.
But overtime during the whole day people get more and more violent. Come night time, random executions are a thing.

Byond hub seems fucked at the moment, try again in a few minutes, usually doesn't last long.

On this example you're only punishing people who are being more aggressive than the norm(EX:80%), right?

that would be fine if ban evading and account switching wasn't a thing, I like it though

Yeah. Applies to every other thing too.
For instance, job competence.
It's easier to measure for some thing than others.
An engineer doesn't set up power, and there's hullbreaches everywhere. He's a terrible engie, right?
Well, if the rest of the crew eats icecream with their foreheads, then he's not abnormal and the game is going as usual as far as the bot is concerned. The machine only sees a bunch of retards.
The other outlier would be someone being extremely competent in a sea of retards. The machine could have him start the next round with a little something. Not anything that would completely break the game "Hey, you were best janitor, here's an e-sword!"
Just things like a whole box of sprinkled donuts, a pirate saber or other items that you normally can't obtain easily but don't impact the game a lot. Small mementos.

On the other hand, if everyone is being very competent, and some medic decides he wants to redecorate medbay with space-tiles instead of healing folks, he'd start the next round as a medbot or something dumb. Heck, you could make a player a seringe.
That's right fucker, squirt all over his veins.

The point is to be lenient with newer players (punishements would be gradual), still allow everyone to play (even shitters) and tell undesirables with don't want their playstyle (muderboning in low-pop) without the necessity of the human element (mods).
Because let's face it, mods are humans: flawed creatures with desires and needs that will inevitably fuck up.
Machines never fuck up. They do exactly what they're programmed to do.
Especially when they're programmed to fuck up.

Well, yeah, that's the biggest downside. Setting up a system like this is pointless when people can just make a new ckey and entirely avoid the system.
At best we could give small rewards for people that keep playing with the same ckey for a long time.

Kinda like progression bonus in modern vydia :^)
How about lootboxes? 10 bucks a pop.

Oh right, I just remembered.
Goons used to have something similar way, WAY back.
The "karma" system. Worked kinda like upboat on reddit since only players could give it to other players. Aka: if you weren't a goon, you weren't getting any because you're not in the circlejerk.

IIRC, they had to scrap it because it took too much work moderating the metabuddies giving karma to each other everyround and fucking up the whole system.

still failed

And Paradise Station tried it again
The fools

Sounds like a fun time

We had some good times. We had some good servers. But holy fuck, I swear to you, the only people willing to actually moderate or otherwise run this shit are some of the single worst people I have ever had the displeasure to run in to.

On that note, who's running this lot? I ain't about to step on another land mine, quite bluntly.

Its someone who doesn't want to stick around and is running a "backup server", which probably means its going to get worse later if you don't step in to play soon.

Nice! I'll give it a shot, then, once I get back home.
With Wurm dead, I have nothing else to play.

Serynges don't have legs.
You're essentially a pAI with no software and all you can do is talk while someone squeezes your insides into someone else.
I did this once when I was admin, the player requested to be an inanimate object. The medic that picked him up used him for EVERYTHING, and the AIDS-SERINGE was screaming all the time at the patients.

A couple months ago /tg/ did something similar: you know how dead players can possess animals? They re-made beepsky and the other bots to count as animals instead of being their own thin (code-wise) and that enabled players to play as them.
The result was catastrophic: beepsky running through the hallways, screaming at people and batoning folks for minor shit like "littering".

people aren't going to care about anything unless it's something really big like a game master making a campaign of sorts based on what they want

In a game that runs an average of 30 rounds per-day?

The madmen will still try it you know.

Why do I insist

yes it works very well on /tg/ actually and they only give shit like "lol you can be lain this round" so allowing people to effect new content via gbp would really make a difference I'd bet, for people who actually care that is

it's doable and it's only needed some changes with how melee is and removing this stun lock based combat on the whole

Present it, user.

Make it turn-based. I'm not even kidding.

Have it so you automatically attack a target nearby of you. Designating a target is as simple as clicking on someone once with Harm intent (and he can be away too) or it's set automatically when you're attacked.
After that, you attack every X seconds with a certain frequency as long as you are next to the other person.

Add stances and melee tactics\maneuvers you can use to influence combat. You'll spend most of your time picking these and watching the results instead of moving around like a retard. If the frequency is low enough (one attack every 2-3 seconds) and especially if someone is locked in place when engaged in melee, you can make combat all about picking the right movements and stances or changing target locations, instead of a shitty click-fest.
We can even have parrying being a possibility so not every attack hits or misses and proper locational damage.

Alternatively\in conjunction: Add Stats\Skills
This is really something that could help make content for the game as it introduces something new that anything can interact with and gives more tools to use both for writing code and playing around, plus it helps to balance things too.

People that pick lots of Strength and Dexterity are probably gonna be fast, hard-hitting fighters but as they lack Intelligence, using chemistry is not an option. On the other hand, the eggheads back in the science department can make really great guns but there's never any fear they keep them to themselves because their stats don't really allow them to be that effective with them (fire a laser cannon and you'll be thrown against a wall, your projectile missing the target by a mile)

Combine both ideas and you can have things like a Hulk that can punch for a lot of damage but will miss often against an agile crew menber or support crew being actual support as their skills are great for assisting other players, not to fight.
We can even have some of Science\Xenobiology\Genetics\Virology being made easier if you had the right skill in order to make them less tedious. For instance, Virologists could have an option to pick the symptom they want to manifest when mixing a particular chemical and the odds of that happening are based on their skill. Really good Virologists would see something like 80% chance of manifesting the higher tier symptoms, so they could cook up a virus easily with very little RNG but they'd have to sacrifice some other field for that.

I would like to voice my heavy disagreement with this addition which is related to how badly it would play with the rest of the game.
Even if you implement it you should hold off on the intelligence thing because being blocked off half of the game will backfire.

what I've stated in the past is thus:

next up is stamina needs to be a thing as well as walking, jogging and sprinting effecting it differently like so

stuns need to be limb based you hit a dude in the arm with a stun he can't use his arm for abit depending on the stun and also things on and in the person being hit

turn base would not work with how the game is, you basically deny kinda stealth killing done by traitors as the person being attacked would just scream over the comms and then just hold up combat till help comes

And being given access to all of it at any time doesn't?

Keep in mind that it's because meta-knowledge of the player and not your character that dictates what you can or can't do that you get things like the ATMOS autist, the faggot that stole science boards to make his own mini-R&D in Atmosia and perform full research since he wanted the access and equipment of an engineer but the full loadout that Science can give you.

It's also because of this that you need a metric fuck ton of RNG to "balance" things and make sure people aren't cranking out Hulks and Laser Cannons in 5 minutes. And not only it doesn't work anyway for the true autistic, the trade-off to access those things is tedium.
"If you spend 15 minutes watching sequences of 3 hexadecimal characters changing while a monkey shouts obscenities at you, you'll be able to see through walls and use telekenisis!"

Ultimately, Stats\Skills are nothing but a way to balance the rest of the game and it boils down to a simple question: what do you want as a gating mechanism for the hard hitting mechanics of the game? RNG, boredom and time or choices and stat allocation?

Me personally, I wouldn't mind trading some endurance\strength and make a weaker character as long as research\genetics\virology\botany wasn't so fucking frustrating and I'd very much like to know that the guy chucking spears at me with the strength of a retard at least can't shoot guns properly, or that if some asshole is throwing chemical grenades at me, I'll probably be able to cave his nerdy skull in.

But that's just me. I prefer to play the game with a character instead of projecting myself into the game that hard.

Already is, with hit chance based on it's force.

Kinda what already happens since people prefer to shout over the radio their location with an help request and hoping for cloning instead of fighting back.

It's really not that different from what we currently have now and that's a problem that's solved by removing the Common channel, something that should have been done a long time ago.

Remove common channel, people just use their individual channel.
Remove individual channels, game crashes.

no they scream and shout but you can kill them in the time it takes for them to do this

making it turn based means they can deny you utterly

Sounds interesting. Do you have any ideas on implementation? Engineering, mining, cargo and sci seem pretty simple to monitor with the game's systems, but what about jobs like robo, medical, sec? The biggest issue would probably be the back-end.

Holy fuck, you're on fire.
Sounds interesting, but it's a pretty radical shift.

I think this wouldn't work without removing headsets like said. I guess the intercoms would be more useful, along with systems like the PDA chat, request consoles, newscasters etc.. Sec still ought to have portable comms though.

All this idea guying is getting me pretty fucking hyped. I started a group on GitGud and cloned /tg/station there. The name is liable to change if anyone has a better idea:
gitgud.io/infinitestation

Oh, yeah, monitoring entire departments (and therefore heads) could work using station power, hull breaches, cargo point usage and research progress, but how would you monitor individual players?

Clone /vg/station :^)

If there's anyone else on their department or if they have one to begin with. Service Channel was a mistake.

As far as I can see it, the Common Channel overides every other form of communication since it's easier and more convenient to use. You can choose not to but you know very well you're running the risk of missing something asked of you, like Medbay or Cargo being requested something.

Unless you use a silencer to catch them by surprise or a weapon that can 2-hit in about a second, they still get a "HELP MEDBAY" on the radio, enough for the AI to start looking or anyone that rush his department.

This is a shit issue nonetheless and one of the reasons that Cult is, much like many other parts of the game, stun-based instead of roleplay based.

Sec could be handled by how much the officer uses lethals vs actual dangereous targets or if goes always for non-lethals and how much he actually hits with his weapons. Bonus points if he solely uses melee instead of ranged stuns. Heavy penalties if Harm is used on innocents (nonantags), regardless of planted evidence, as they aren't beat cops but rather mall cops with military gear, unless the station is already Chaos and everyone's killing eachother for no reason. How much he talks to prisoners also helps, i've seen shitters just not RP at all when being a sec officer, just stun, cuff, strip and perma people for looking at them funny.

Perhaps also make stuns harder to use to justify having it be a great bonus to not use lethals as security, like the CP/8station code changes to stuns that made them incredibly difficult to keep more than one person on permastun for more than 10 seconds.

Robo would be how many personal borgs and mechs vs actual helpful bots like Buckets and Medibots in terms of resources invested and how fast into the round.

Personal medical traits would be the legit hard thing to track. Perhaps successful surgeries, hitpoints healed per person for medics. Numbers of (helpful, utility) meds stocked for chemists in their fridge? How fast geneticists/virologists make a meme DNA+supervirus combo, with the odd Clean SE injections for newly cloned or harmful virus cures as rare but certainly profiteable bonus for them?

It actually would be much harder to track good progress on Telesci and possibly Xenobio. Toxins never bring good things to the crew, outside of having it a department bonus for all sci crewmembers who successfully make 3 bombcaps and store them safely in the RD's wallsafe?

I think the "Turn based attacks stops you form killing people stealthily" thing is a horrible meme because that's based on turn time(it could be fast as 1 sec to slow as 20 seconds) and we already suffer this problem but its determined by player writing speed instead and traitor damage per second.

you're ignoring the important part of it, when it comes to the victims turn he need only do nothing to progress the turn for him to win, while in real time there's no preventing things

We don't really need to add something as drastically new and different as Automods and turn-based combat.
We just need new items/machines/constructables/weapons to spice up the gameplay.

Adding an automod could end up banning people who are whacking lots of player-controlled Xenos, or if someone griffs you and set you on fire, then you punch them, you are counted as being violent, not them.
You couldn't possibly use BYOND and make the automod take a large array of things into account. The server has a fit at the end of game totalling how often the Clown got hit, and that's just basic punches, not counting things like guns, fire, suffocation etc.
Now think about that delay when the round end screen comes up, then that's happening constantly, for more variables, for every single player.

That would actually force turn-based combat, funnily enough. It would get so hung up on calculating who attacked who and whether it was right or not that we'd be lagging insanely hard.

Also, that lag would make high-ping users commit suicide.

A good idea, at least for now, is to go through Paradise and /tg/'s GitHubs and grab any commits you like from them.
Just reference where you got it from so they don't cry, and you can use it.

/tg/ can be used freely, but Paradise will need to be looked at to make sure it works.

I didn't meant FF-turn-based mate.
Rather you attack automatically every 2-3 seconds without any further input from you and so does your oponent. It really doesn't matter if you choose not to retaliate, he's still gonna kick your shit.

regardless it's not a good thing for ss13

Current server for us to fuck around on will be "Cuck Station 13".
It's a low-med RP server, so we can fuck around and try to have some fun and get some consistent users.

byond://72.5.102.182:16261

Wear a purple shirt.

I regret nothing.

not bad, round was comfy enough.

I don't want to know

Also, I keep having to re-open the server. Internet seems fine, but I keep getting disconnected. Driving me mad. Is it the internet explorer thing? Some menus demand I update my IE.

I'm joining in on the fun fam. A lot of these people seem to be random pubbies though

They're damn mute. But, I don't mind too much. Nice to have people to play with.
Just keep meming on them. They'll learn the rules of the road eventually.

They are, it's a public serb we're just hanging out on.
Just don't be too autistic :^)

Everyone left so I just dicked about.
Then randomly a pAI says "How does it feel borgs are getting more pussy than you?"
I decided the round was over anyway, ghost and orbit the pAI.

Monkey pAI and Secborg standing over a cuffed man on a bed in dorms ERPing.
"Yeah, how do you like my 5 consecutive balls?", said the pAI.

I then logged off.

Had 3-4 anons on last nite for cuckstation (plus 7-8 pubbies), let's get more spessmens on tonight!

Change the name and you'll get one more.

Not my station, refer to this user.

I gave up on the 8v server dream and now I just play on tgstation.

Wtf are you talking about it?
Every attack is logged and processed as it happens.
The"hang up" at round end happens because of the shuttle switching z-levels at the same time the round's victory condtions are being tested (in very old, very inneficient code).

When someone punches another guy, there's a bunch o information the coder can work with.
And from these four you can acess a lot of other variables too. Like their "mind" which includes traitor roles (so you don't punish murderous traitors or murderers of traitors/xenos)
Dunno how plasma fires would work.
The logs I've seen don't mention lighters/igniters being turned on.
The hardest part of it all would be to trace allthis shit.
Good luck with that, it's a clusterfuck of code.

thats not bad
ill be on tonight

Eh, if we keep at it, we can be some sort of Free Masons in SS13.
Going from station to station, spreading our will.
How popular is Kek around Holla Forums?
We could use that, or something more esoteric.
Personally, I want a religion based on toolboxes. It's been nearly 8 years since I did something like that.

How's about GREENSIDE?
Simple as wearing green, and shouting GREENSIDE now and again.

so wtf is this game even about?
a full thread and there is practically nothing regarding gameplay (tl;dr)
no images I mean, I fuckin remember talk about the game and I did watch the movie, but still no clue

"JUST JUMP IN
IT'LL BE FUN"
-Anonymous user, Circa 2014

I gotcha covered my nigga

Space autism simulator

tgstation13.org/wiki/What_is_SS13

everyone seemed dead for 2 hours when I got there so I hooked up the power lines and called evac

Honesty REDSIDE would be more appropriate

Nice, I'll join later then.

GREENSIDE is already an established thing, though.
You just wear green, shout GREENSIDE, and get shit on by the law. It's amazing, it wrecks entire rounds without breaking a single rule.

you're already gay you don't need a tide for that

Don't get me wrong. I have respect for assistants. But they're no fun. They're expected to be trouble.
GREENSIDE isn't expected. GREENSIDE is made up of regular people. GREENSIDE is an infection onto the crew, dragging them into the gang without having to lift a finger. GREENSIDE destroys stations not by direct conflict, but by infiltrating every aspect of daily life, and giving the crew an excuse.

Reminder we're playing on

this servers code base is abit weird

What codebase is it even?

some form of /tg/

Hopefully it isn't
cause that shit is just wrong on so many levels it isn't even funny.

We just need a host so we can regularly steal the latest version of fun codes like euphoria and possibly edit it a bit to our liking.
I think you we could make something extremely rules light with the express rule of not trying to ruin other people's shit for the sake of it while staying a little IC play well.

You just need mature staff and when the shitters get sent to the garbage can we'll have fun rounds, 8/v/ underestimates itself, you guys are creative. Fun. And you easily work together for amazing results.

A little IC during play I mean

there's a host but he's abit all over the place right now being abit shit since he wont host with low pop and we can't get high pop

Alright then he can get fucked, do you know of a service that would allow me to host a byond game for cheap? Just to get things set up. I wouldn't mind paying for a host if I could get even 5-10 anons to have a good time.

you wouldn't get 5-10 anons sadly but I don't sorry otherwise I'd have done so

no
just stop
the 8ch userbase is too fucking autistic and we've been trying this shit for 2 years

I'm afraid is right.
We get a lot of great players here, but we also have the facebook crossposters to deal with. And no, you can't prevent them from joining. They're a thing that exists and no matter how much willfull thinking you put into it, they won't go away.

A random server already has an established playerbase and a dedicated moderation team.
If they turn to be faggots? We simply regroup on another server.
It's better this way then coding/building a small comunity of 10 players here and then watch it all waste away because some stupid motherfucker won't leave the facehugger in the mining asteroid alone.
For 10 consecutive rounds, holy shit, kill your self you autist, I still remember that stupid shit.

You fags can't read that there's a server here?

I played around an hour or so and no one else joined. I can't setup engine because it's nu/tg/ and i can't load the retarded atmosphere alarm console because of tgui faggotry.

I was also on there it was lower then low pop

Great server fam

Am idling just to see if fags join. If not, i'll just go shit up /tg/ because what's the difference?

wew

NEVER TRUST ANYONE

Rookie tier mistake.
Everyone onboard the station hates your guts as a sec officer.
Only way to survive is to bunker down in the brig, and demand anyone who wants your help sign around 4 or 5 forms, so as to give any issues time to solve themselves.

the only time I erp'd was when I was raping the Roboticist with a spear.
then an admin swooped in as a space cop and deleted me from time.
that was three years ago if I recall.

I once facilitated an ERP. It wasn't so much that I wanted to ERP as I knew it would piss people off, and the other guy was in to it so I didn't have to do any work.
Good times.

It's gay as fuck because the person behind the Screen isn't Amelia Lovelace the qt Assistant, It's some 30+ fat gremlin of a person.

Only commit to ERP if it's one sided death rape.
I'll stop shitposting now.

No. It was hilarious. Everyone got so butthurt. It was beautiful.
I fully know the other person was a sweaty manbeast. Hell, you could practically smell the desperation on that guy.
But it was worth it for the fuckery.

Besides, only rookies actually have to ERP to get off.

if you really want to generate salt, give someone a sex change and cut off their hands.
then put them in a room with multiple glass shards at the exit with no shoes so when they step on them they go into critical.

I had a farm of about 3 armless trannies before I got bwoinked and banned on my 3rd account.

the real question is, did you get off on knowing that?

these are clown sluts.

you're the clown slut

you're right.

I know I'm right

Nah, that's a dickish move. I don't like to take people out of rounds. That's just cunt behavior.

No.
Now, I did get off to being a locked down sec borg petted by a pair of lewd assistants, whispering sweet nothings in my mechanical ear, trying to entice me to open my cover.
Good times.
Sec borgs > clowns

too many deviants play this game

think of it as on hands training the weak.
have no moralities and strike whoever is down, subject them to torture and emasculate them.

the weak should fear the strong.

I hope thats a cboyborg

REFRAME

Borgs choose their designation on creation. Theres nothing wrong with some transhumanist lust

yeah but you don't have to spam that shit in every fucking drawfag thread or otherwise shit thread

What?

I've seen you requestan the same shit over and over again in those drawfag threads as well try to dump cuntboy porn in various shit threads

I literally haven't seen it

don't tell me there's more of (you)

Did you miss the tits? That supple ass? It's clearly a female, you homosexual faggot.

this is why these things are bad

I understand.
You have not literally seen the posts, but abstractly seen them by imagining them after hitting the post button.
You should stop shitposting on the drawthreads still.

It's just the chassis though. The pozitronic brain inside it could still be a boy, just with girl (and robot) parts~

Technically, maybe, but that'd just be a girl at that point.

They are legitimate requests though. I just don't expect them to be taken seriously. Even so its not every drawthread. Perhaps two or three threads per month; the request itself and maybe a bump or two

Gross, mate.

No i mean hypothetically. If i made those posts or saw them, that's probably what I would say

yeah me too haha

So where we playing tonight? Cuckstation seems dead.

till we get someplace which isn't dead I don't think anyone is willing to

populate it you niggers, servers are only dead if nobody is playing on them.

we're like five niggers who all play at odd times and leave as just as soon when there's no one on, this is why I suggested some in game youtube cinema to just wait for the round to actually start without loosing numbers

There's only two players right now when last night we had 8+. We have the numbers, there's just no playerbase if YOU don't have the will to show up and play vidya gaem.

join up then, we are all on apparently.

you've found me out, what's the next step in your master plan?

Crashing your server, with NO SURVIVORS.

No but seriously, i can't connect to the server anymore, what the fuck?
Did it die due to the 5+ hour long round that wasn't reset?

its still up

Might've tried joining just at round start/end. happens to me sometimes.

six anons on now

NEW ROUND GET IN HERE NIGGAS

Try joining from hub page

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSY

>500 PING, DISCONNECTED EVERY MINUTE, NOTHING WILL EVER WORK, EVERYONE HATES YOU, GET KILLED BY RANDOM ASSISTANT IN HALLWAY BECAUSE BRAINDEAD
>20 ping, everyone else is slow as balls and can't do anything, roll for specialist for the flamethrower and get it, PMs side with your bullshit and let you go despite having evidence to convict you

WHY

New round on Cuckstation. Come in for memes and actual fun.

So when we getting our own server? This one seems to be staying dead, and I have a massive despisement of Lavaland.
Worst fucking mining map. Mostly because of all the lava that, if you lag, means either death or a hell of a lot of damage, combined with the random ash storms what kill any AFK or disconnected fellow.
That, and it hurts my eyes. Garish little place. I miss my nice orange rocks.

idk famalam, no one seems to want to bother. We need to find a more populated serb to call home though.

see

:^)
nah you cool man

It's not a >her
I didn't meta like that it was more just talking about general and other shit while playing together. Though generally would try to fork round info out of me for ebin
>muh text

At this point of course it's stale and dead as fuck, it was $CURRENT_YEAR -2 but I felt like closure was necessary.

Why not goonstation? It's fast, populated and has a bunch of stuff to explore out in the debris field and the telesci locations. They have good admins and a dedicated base of nerds who usually put up a small update or bugfix every few days. The only real downside imo is the lefty mods who will give you a slap on the wrist for saying nigger and that's a pretty small one.

I'm already permabanned for saying nigger.

what are you? a nigger?

maybe if you host the 2016 release yeah

Just tell them you're black when they complain about you saying nigger and you get automatic beta numale reverence since these are goons we're talking about.

Why do that? LLJK is always up.

?

You were only mostly a shit admin, because of the habit of talking to people where with others would get immediately perma'd. This combined with the god-awful communication of things, both by you and Gitgud, and the really annoying way you had of acting like you were speaking on behalf of the admin team as a whole, as well as the annoying "WELL I SHOULD'VE BEEN MORE RUTHLESS" item we get in this post here, whenever you had a critique, meant that you were regarded pretty shittily.

Simple fact is, people don't really care if they're banned for breaking the rules. People don't care if people aren't banned for breaking the rules. People care when they get banned without breaking rules. People care when people who break the rules aren't banned. Especially when it happens to one person, but not another.
Incidentally, vague rules do not count for the "breaking the rules" bit. See events surrounding UncleBenis and his cancer throwing for a supposed "metagaming" what had no warning. Rather destroyed that server. Though, that was 80% due to the guy's attitude inciting more and more people to complain or argue. This, combined with the nonsensicalness of the rule what left people wanting to debate it, and the guy's constant "apologies" what were essentially "I did nothing wrong, you are all faggots. Sorry", people naturally started jumping ship of what was seeming to quickly go the way of a number of our prior servers.

I maintain that what we really need is a completely 100% ruleless server. It'll be shit, yes. It'll be constantly flooded with faggots maxcap bombing, releasing the singulo, and so on, yes. But near as I can tell, that's the only way to keep the "MODS ARE CORRUPT ABANDON SHIP" lot at bay. Just ban the hackers, the guys what metagame in the sense of talking to others by non-IC means and using that information to act, and that's it, maybe.

pls

We're big enough for maybe 6 people at night. Why should everyone of those people be staffers?

because who else will?

Exactly.
Let the masses run themselves. Make it a public server, that we might hear the lamentations of the ledditers as they meat their fates in the hands of the robust.

nah we're not many people to actually effect a server

We would be if we ran it and they had no way to get rid of us.
Pubbies will whine, and we'll remain.

not how it works

Why not? Make an argument, fag. Also, learn to fucking type.

no u

If you can't be arsed enough to properly follow the basic rules of grammar, one can only surmise that you cannot be expected to put forth a basic bit of effort to your posts, or anything else for that matter.
I'm not inclined to take people who show such lack of effort, consideration, or thought in their posts at face value, nor am I inclined to simply accept what others say when they refuse to even defend it.
People like that are simply not worth an ounce of consideration. They clearly don't care, so why should anyone be expected to care about them?

k

We need to find another server. Maybe it's been just when I get on, but this one seems to only ever have some six at most folk. Often less, like now, where it has three.

There are 61 unique IDs in this thread. There is no reason for our shit to be dead all the time.

Most are shitposters who won't play because there's no server/one they like.

CuckStation seemed to be more active when I first suggested it, but now it's gone downhill to only 2-3 people, usually the AFK admins.

I wouldn't be opposed to moving to a bigger station, like Goon LLJK, so if others want to do that, let's do it.
I haven't been to goon in so long, and only really know /tg/ / paradise / /vg/ code

Also, if we're on a bigger server, we can't as easily band together and meme everyone unless we RP it properly. Else the admins will cry and ban us.

same people different ips

A medium server would be ideal. One with a decent number of regulars to keep it viable when it isn't filled by us, but also not so many we're surrounded. Also, ideally, very light rules, especially in regards to "racism" and such. Last thing we need is a server what gets uppity at cargo swastikas, or the clown playing a black man.

So we going to a new server yet or are we sticking with this dead shit>?

byond://lljk2.goonhub.com:26200/

WE GOON NOW

create a black guy so we know who each other are.

are you still on that station?

W E W
E
W

This is true, but to be fair, it's the least of issues

How'd you get in there.

top kek as they say
and just for the record here, the entire paragraph about my "egregious misdeeds" covers a single incident that this faggot is trying to portray as if it was something ongoing
ask around and anyone who actually played on the serb that I literally dindu nuffin

instead the butthurt faggot became hellbent on shutting down the serber spreading misinformation while feeding info to the goons that were shitting up the threads for 2 weeks at that point

You click on one of those four green sleeper-like things as a ghost. It spawns you as a plant man. Or you just randomly mine till you bump into it as miner.
It's a lavaland ruin for learning botany.
It has unstable mutagen dispencer and gatfruit.

how to ruin a Holla Forums server

what I don't get is why people don't see this already

Can't you see the lavaland mob right there user?

What's wrong with /vg/station?

Nothing.
They added directional vision because Trump won, so they must be good :^)

?

He probably means cone vision, where you only see in front of you, depending where your character is looking at.
It's stupid because it's more likely that they got the idea from LifeWeb but dramafags gotta drama.

This is the rumour I heard about leading up to the US Election:
All coders and admins, in their dirclejerk text messaging service of choice, were going off about Hillary vs Trump, with Hillary being the clear favourite.
Then some guys said "Durr, Trump will win!"
The Hillary supporters said "Okay, everyone write down their favourite thing they want added, and whoever wins gets it put in for a while"

A while later, Trump won, and one of the coders wanted directional vision, so you could only see in front of you.
It was a cluster fuck and led to traitors winning easily, with cling being unstoppable and people trying to powergame by setting up macros to spam turning on the spot.

All up, pretty fun.

Since the ruin was surrounded by rock on all sides and has no mining equipment, I ended up growing exploding melon grenades and blasting my way to mining base.

tl;dr "i want vorestation without vore" meme.

Has anyone ever tried to just take fucking "vorestation" and just remove any "vore", while keeping most features stable?
They fucking got a day/night and alot of other shit, man. Fucking degenerates are feature masters. And i want just it but without bizarre shit that is vore. I'm xenophillic vanilla-fag.

We could always just moderate ourselves and not use the vore features. But that isn't going to happen.

day and night in space?

Day and night for shift working. You sleep ERP at night.

Going to play on LLJK for a round or two.

(both checked)
It's seems they got some map with planet. That's why user referenced day/night.
They also got crashable elevators (and working multi-z levels), crashable shuttle and some things i might missing.

Also, has anybody got link to .dm files, that anonifies OOC and who list?

In theory, you'd just have to comment off some stuff in the Char Gen menu and then comment off the tab that is used for that stuff. Maybe a few verbs too if they show up when you RClick someone. Really nothing too difficult.
Or we could put some actual ERP that isn't just vore instead

Instead of a link, you can just it to be posted again, I still have that stored somewhere I think and it wouldn't be too hard to adapt it for whatever code-base.
But I ain't gonna do diddly squat if it's to be "optional" or doesn't apply to admins by default.

More than two people and round restart when

After some JUST fucking shit up, i managed to comment out stuff that initiating it and what was related to it, but not the "stuff" itself. Still might be enough.
But char gen is unchanged, since i'm having enough of blind uncommenting with errors more and more in box.
I guess, i'm too lazy for that shit.

nice community.

You don't have to remove the vore itself, only how it starts.
Remove\Comment the section that gives those verbs to players and the CharGen part that gives options related to that.
There'd still be vore in the code but wouldn't be visible or usable by anyone.
So you could keep it and allow vore for Xenomorphs only, for instance

Common misconception. Holla Forums sees a lot of people that rotate their IP and therefore their ID for whatever reason. Some even have legit reasons.

Welcome to Holla Forums SS13.
We once had a nice server, with 20+ people on fairly often.
Then it went to cancer. Everything fell apart.
Now, none of us really trust things enough to play reliably, and servers are always dead, so nobody stays on.

Well, i uncommented the starting thing it's seems. Grab+Self no more works (scoop up version also isn't working).
Also, unless vorecode added them back in (polaris removed Vox and Xenos once upon a time), the only xenomorph there is whitelisted hybrid of one. Unless you mean hybrid one.

And again, i'm doing it blindly, strongly looking at errors and not checking around first since i'm lazy bastard.
And have last bump.

Well Holla Forums, speaking of Xenos, which hole would you rather be vored in?

Nipples.

Imagine it was a male xeno doing that. Pretty lewd!

The cunt has less of a chance of resulting in your digestion, going by most voreshit I see.

In the vore folder, uncheck all the files. Uncheck the character setup preferences files (01_ears, etc). Uncheck every file with a _vr suffix at the end.

Recompile until you run out of errors to fix.

We did actually make an effort to make the code in such a way that anyone could easily do exactly that.

That might actually break some things. We only have _vr files to prevent conflicts with Polaris, who we are downstream from.

Your better move is just doing Ctrl+H to find all instances of the word "vore" and how it's used. Just disable the part of grab code that does vore, disable the vore tab, comment out the smutty parts of character setup, and lastly remove the perverted shenanigans from things like telebeacons. You're pretty much all set.

I don't think I'm going to try again. I feel like I've tried too many times after HateStation fell off and the battle against my reputation would be entirely uphill with the players, let alone any potential staff or coders. A groundswell of support after all the bad history that exists between myself and most of the players is unlikely.

I've started playing again for the first time in a while, and while I think an Holla Forums station would be nice to have again, I just don't see the conditions for one. I don't really see a space for myself hosting any other type of server either; without coders, everything's just going to be pulling from somebody else's upstream.

you could just ignore the eating people aspects of the code and use it as is too.

Do we have a discord serb?

Done. Though, i might did it in wrong way.

Done, though OOC Escape is moved into OOC tab as if any emergency.

I give up on that… But, i think, i managed to disable "Be Prey" vantag role.
I did wanted to keep some options there, like ears, tails and height.

If it was correct place of code, then i think i did it.

Perhaps the last post before purge, kek.

You can't ever get a server with more than a few people because 8ch only has a few thousand active users. Only a fraction of those users will be interested in SS13, so you're left with the 50 or so who are. You will never be successful. I have never seen an 8ch server with more than 20 players at once. Go on and prove me wrong, you fail each time.

When the hell are people going to get on

Says you