Yu-Gi-Oh!

The new Link System: ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Link_Monsters

Where to play Yu-Gi-Oh!
For online: YGOPro Percy - pastebin.com/m2e9Dzt1
Archive with all games playable on PC (mostly through emulation): pastebin.com/0SHfUYyj
Tag Force 1-6 are the best if you want a story (2006-2011, 6 has only the first 25 XYZ monsters).
Tag Force Special (2015) is the best to play for learning the game with many of the new cards.
The World Championship series (2004-2011) and Duel Academy (2006) are pretty good too. Definitely check out Dungeon Dice Monsters.
All are fun for pet/archetype non-meta decking. Legacy of the Duelist is shit.

Useful Links
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page (Wiki with information for players, new and old)
yugiohprices.com/ (Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market)
ygodr.blog.jp/ (OCG decklists)
yugiohtopdecks.com/ (TCG decklists)
ygorganization.com/ - blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/ (TCG/OCG news sites)
yugioh.party/ (Probability calculator)
yugioh-card.com/en/limited/ (Ban list)

How to get better
Read the cards.
Playtest and try suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Tamer_Editor
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Tamer_Editor_(anime)
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Andabatae
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Andabatae_(anime)
yugioh-card.com/en/limited/index.html
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1laio2k4HufOXVfa0tLZmFGWjA
drive.google.com/open?id=0B27wu2f-AK8aZ3BILUVpYk13Qk0
ygorganization.com/goodbyedreamlands/
coverage.yugioh-card.com/deckliste-link-strike/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

repostan from last bread since i didn't realize it was already ded

turtlezoics work
i've got a replay, but it's pretty long so it's gonna take a while for it to edit and i'm probably gonna have to upload it to jewtube because of the inevitable filesize
main engine of the deck is paleozoics, but you've also got rescue rabbit turtles as well as silent angler in order to bring out bahamut shark
with him you can summon toadally awesome, or a rank 3 monster to use as material for lancer
you can also summon acid golem and creature swap him
and because we needed turtles i've got crab turtles in here
gameciel helps a lot too

here we go

I want to mix the Ancient Gears with something but I am not sure with what. What do you guys think?

What's the cutest performapal guys? I would say pic related

I have created the ultimate unbeatable deck

Chaos Melodius

Why does every ark in the GX era in tag force special have rape in them?

Because it is translated with epic meme technology.

But DM didn't have rape jokes but GX is all rape jokes They played me like a damn fiddle

Do you even O VE LEY?

What exactly is the difference between devpro and ygopro? I see devpro get shilled more often.

Because I want to rape all the girls.
especially alexis.

The reverse trap is better

DevPro has a relatively simple matchmaking system and doesn't use anime cards.

downside is that they split shit up into multiple applications, which kind of slows down the process
+ there's no ai as far as i remember, other than the shitty puzzles

vrains is out
kind of shit so far, they're barely explaining anything and shit's really convoluted, i can't understand what's supposed to be virtual and what's not
is the speed duel supposed to be the same as a turbo duel or is it just another fancy way of saying "card games on hoverboards"

Speed duels are a different format, half deck size, half life points, three monster zones, three spell/trap zones, two extra zones total, 4 card starting hand, 5 card extra deck.

she is pretty good. Would rape her ass too.

Jaden should've ditched the demon tranny in favour of the cute little reverse trap. Imagine how much better GX would be if it wasn't this DARKER AND EDGIER shit in Season 3 and 4, instead Yubel would be defeated by the power of love the reverse trap has for Jaden.

what the fuck are they thinking
this isn't in any way ever gonna be an official format, is it?

Don't worry, if the 4000 LP rule from the anime was never made official, this won't either. I hope

how do i into battlin boxer?
i feel like i'm missing something
so far the best game plan is to keep summoning nova kaiser since him dying always puts me on a plus. lead yoke seems like an afterthought at this point
big bandage is surprisingly handy since i can use him to make rank 3s that actually do something, unlike cheat commisioner

It's been one for years, it's the format for Duel Terminal.

So what did everyone think of the first ep of VRAINS?

it was convoluted shit

shit / 10

Why do they think people watch this shit?

Because Duel Links is popular and they think putting link in the name is enough to associate the two.

How exactly is it possible for this studio to churn out yu-gi-oh episodes like sausage?

A new series immediately after the other ended?

the company pretty much prints money with the cards, and the anime does a really good job of promoting the cards
why do you think people are still buying shitty yugi/kaiba themed cards in current year

Worst part is when people because how they are in the anime they start thinking they're equally as good in the game.
I just want timelords to finally come out to and be worthless trash them being argued as a "super powerful" anime deck

I want them to come out and actualy be good, maybe not Zoo or Nekroz levels of OP but still good

Because they come packaged with meta or ex-meta cards, same way they've pushed garbage products from day one.

Like reading through them, as long as you do make 1-2 a turn and they can't keep bouncing / banishing your stuff you'll eventually win via ramming timelords into them, but it's such a top deck reliant game plan I'd not call it strong since your basic win condition is just hoping you can play.

I wish meklords were 100% anime, 2 2card combos being +3 actually make them actually have plays Until you play vs cyber dragons and they tribute the fuck over all it for a 6K fortress

I don't know if they're toned down even more irl, Zone actually uses Timelords in Tag Force 6 and Special whose effects are a bit toned down from their anime effects. They do seem really consistent actually, bouncing them isn't really that useful compared to banishing, which cripples them. Another great way of getting rid of them is tributing them, so Monarchs and Kaijus will love them.

THE SUFFERING NEVER ENDS

Who thought this shit was a good idea?

Seems pretty realistic to me, I'd give up YGO too if I was a YGO character playing a slow anime-tier deck relying on a lot of Extra Deck monsters, seems like the MC had some trouble finding someone to duel against since the only people left playing are Konami shills.

because you can summon multiple Blue eyes/DMs and their extra deck versions in one turn

Why are anime RP fags so mad.

hahaha I glad I forget to wacth this shit. I only wanted to see the new rules in action anyway.

I wish the mech lors were real. It is a really cool concept

Nothing to discuss, all I have are meme meklord replays while feeling bad that they're not actually that fun in the real archtype.

So found these for $5 online and picked up three of them. How shit is the deck?

Don't even remember if there was such a structure deck. But then again, I don't play irl. They were the shit a few years ago. They are just shit now.

Yugioh's gotten ridiculous with fuckable girls in the last few years.

Wonderful to hear. Crash and burn and die.

The plot was neat and it's the catalyst for awesome duels, faggot.

Except most duels especially in the newer series have been within an episode.

Because the game itself got faster so they don't need 2 days to set up a board and then in the middle of it talk about friendship or justice or whatever.

after a month of not having the time to go play irl i finally got a chance to try out my cardians at a tournament today
went 1-3-1
first match was a tie against zoodiacs because the other guy couldn't remember any of my effects and was constantly asking shit. he won first game, i won 2nd game and that was already way past the time limit so we had a draw
lost next match to dark magicians 1-2
beast them first game with both my boss monsters, but lost the next 2 games because of skill drain/secret village of the spellcasters
lost next match to dino/dracos 0-2. first game i let him draw 14 times from maxx c for one synchro. second game i bricked and spent my entire hand without managing to bring out anything
lost 0-2 against zoodiacs. nearly otk'd him first game but i was 1 monster short of having both lightshower and lightflare on the field. next game he kaiju'd my boss monster despite how much i stacked his deck
beat ancient gears 2-0, they were too slow to react to my boss monsters, and they didn't even draw hunting hound so they didn't do any fusions

by the end of the tournament i managed to find myself a flower gathering, so at least i've got some minor improvement for the next time
nationals are in two weeks, and i'd like to go but i'll probably be busy then

post dark magician girl

THIS FORMAT LITERALLY TOSSES AWAY THE EXTRA LINK MECHANIC, THE GUYS DOING THE ANIME KNOW IT'S FUCKING SHIT

T-that's too lewd of a picture user!

On second thought, it would still be possible with only three links, if only with Link Monsters focused on linking Diagonally. But that sort of cheap bullshit would probably risk getting banned quicker then Makyura.

On my third thought, I suck big female dongers.

How the fuck would they pull a Extra Link outside of something from the hand being able to be used as link material?

I don't see the problem. The change to the game is not that major, because it is the anime only. They will pull whatever cards from the deck and the extra deck whenever they want anyway. It is just speeding duels as basically any direct attack would mean losing. And it is probably not going to remove the normal duels, but we will have from both of them. The ratio is something we will have to wait and see.

They don't have to have the extra link to begin with and there is no need to follow other irl rules. But here is the field. It doesn't seem impossible. It is just that there are some diagonals that wouldn't work in a speed duel.

You seem to be mistaken on how this works, so I'll give you a neat diagram in MS Paint that even a toddler would understand. Do note that Link Materials come from the field, unless there is a card that otherwise states they can be used as link material somewhere else it is literally impossible to pull a extra link in the speed duel format.

While certainly not the most important thing this is either a massive case of incompotency from the anime writers or they're saying the extra link is a fucking horrendous mechanic and should be shot in the nads.

Spell, trap or monster effect that lets you link summon from the graveyard.
Or you shouldn't project your own thoughts to them.

What the fuck did I just say? I even suggested hand bullshit before.
Listen, every summoning mechanic 5d's onward their respective animes didn't skirt away from their gimmicks. And I would say Extra Links are a pretty major gimmick of theirs. If they're skirting away from this mechanic it's probably that very thought being the reason. The alternative is as I said them being incompotent as writers.

Why would I read everything you have written when you start by swearing at the other side while screaming about something that obviously can still be done, not that it have to be done the same way if it at all.
I don't have to listen to an angry person. You have absolutely no proof, just silly speculation based on your own bias. Considering you are probably already aware of the Duel Terminal and the mobile games that already use a similar format it is not that surprising to see in the anime, as a way to advertise them or/and appeal to the ones that have already played them. It is silly to think the anime team even has a lot of freedom. They can't probably do much without their Konami overlord's approval, other than writing the story, which is secondary to the game mechanics and cards. But again, ultimately we have no idea what is happening in either Konami or the anime team, most of which probably don't even play the game, but just animate it as their job.

💘 oh sweep me off my feet valiant knight witch💘

Don't remind me user.

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Tamer_Editor
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Tamer_Editor_(anime)

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Andabatae
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator_Beast_Andabatae_(anime)

INTU DA VURAENS

Once you hear it you go fucking "Oh so that's why it's named that." because man it's fucking stupid.
3 Episode rule though, maybe it'll get good.

Could this work?
Like in the actual game tying deck cost as a mechanic.
Say there'd actually be tiers of YGO you could play like 1000 tier, 1500 tier, 2000 tier and for a deck to be legitimate it would have to be under or equal to the tiers limit.
deter easily splash able engine archetypes by making them cost so much that it's too hard to mix them and still have cost to reach 40.
Allow for people playing their table 500 decks to actually be ensured that they'll be paired with table 500 decks.
Have costs be updated along with the banlist (possibly even unban cards so weaker decks could use them in higher tiers), pretty sure an algorithm could be made to figure out what a card would cost based on effects, how easily acquired into hand and performance from events.

3 episode rule is a lie for casual scum.

that could work

Not it couldn't. There aren't enough players make suck a stupid thing to begin with. It would be completely arbitrary too. It is just completely stupid bullshit thought of some butthurt casual that probably plays Dota or something.
Technically it even already exists, because most decks in most locals are actually not that expensive, lacking cards or just being not that strong of archetype to begin with. You can already play relatively casual YGO as much as you want at your locals or online with other casuals.

No I played duelist of the rose a game that used that as a mechanic (Like in the picture showing the game), that's why I asked if people would think it would work in the actual game. No need to be so angry about it.

3 episode rule is full of shit because a show gets 1 episode to be green lighted, so this one episode better damn be able to leave a good first impression or fuck it.

there aren't enough players who like links too, but that's happening
it still makes sense though, make certain cards cost too much and they'd be played less but still often enough for konami to make a profit
ideally you won't be able to run a deck with pot of desires/ghost ash/dimensional prison all at the same time, but you can still run them individually

THIS
I'm not going to burn 80 minutes watching a show because maybe it will stop sucking soon. Say what you want about American television but the concept of a pilot is a good fucking idea.

i've got this idea for a deck
cyber dragon vylons
use the cyber dragons to either make infinity, or as lv5 materials + vylon cube to make vylon epsilon, or vylon tesseract to make vylon sigma/delta
still a bit bricky because of all the spells though
and the best thing is that you can use cyber network to get all the necessary monsters in order to summon vylon omega

proof of concept

Try it on a stronger AI deck or even just play with yourself and post the replay.

Sometimes giving the AI too powerful decks is a bad idea though :^)

How is masturbation going to help him?

:^)

Remember to thank your local Meklord players for saving anime rooms from becoming Zexal 10K monster and Zarc circle jerks

How?

So the guy I was playing for what ever reason made the LP 25000 So Granel is 12500 when summoned, cucked his zarc of off the board for 4500 more attack and then 2 limiter removals (Anime room so you can run 3)

???, I fully well know why you're not allowed more then 1 limiter removal, but the rooms rules said I could run 3 so I'm going to run 3.

with all the new cards these days how could the egyptian god cards even compete?

When's the fucking classic field for YGOPRO?

The only thing they need to do is keep the new Pendulum Zone rule because no one can complain about it.

obelisk sort of worked in monarchs
ra sphere mode is good
slifer is more or less shit, but you can tech him in paleozoic for the lulz

are goblins an actual archetype?

What's the pic all about? Yes I'm new. Sue me

Maybe? Not really good though considering that most of the archetypes have that nasty effect where they are automatically set to Defence position after they attacked…and most of the Goblin cards have 0 Def.

they have support cards and some logic behind them
just nothing good enough to make them work
in particular, they need some special summon mechanics

behold, best deck
for god knows what reason, it works

vrains episode 2 is out
oh god, it's gonna be horrible

Nice upstart goblin picture

Muka Muka was my nigga so I'm disappointed there is no Archetype revolving around having things in your hand and KEEPING THEM THERE instead of just tossing them into the grave.

YEAH BOOOOOI

rip norden, i hardly knew ye, they should have hit instant fusion instead

But user, there's a reason for that.

LINK FORMAT

The whole new episode was a duel. From start to the very end.
Yes it should have been a double first episode, but no need to cry about it.

VRAINS is Mobage anime confirmed

We discussed this in this very thread a while ago user. Skills bring it to full Mobage-tier garbo though.

This era is not looking good.

And it was extremely boring, anti-hype and confused, from start to the very end. Also, they have the worst yugioh MC ever.

I give up of this shit.

what the fuck are yuma/judai then

2nd and 3rd worst clearly.

Not the worst anymore.

Kids seem to like it, so your opinion is pointless.

>>12592288
Nuff said

Oh, yeah? Let me say somethi…
FUCK

It is not just any trips, but trips of threes. And guess who likes doing everything in threes.

Yusaku Posting should be forbidden.

wtf i hate yusei now

Anyone have a torrent to the dub version of the Dark Side of Dimensions movie?

Must… resist… playing… edgy… faggot… deck…

got my flower gatherings today so i ran cardians at locals again
went 2-2 because this is just such a fucking meme deck
lost to zoos 0-2 because droll and lock bird/barrier kill my deck
beat dark magicians 2-1: this guy was running the most fucking retarded deck after mine. aside from the dank magicians, he's running as much handtraps/anti meta shit possible. every single game he starts with skill drain and follows up with dark hole/raigeki. for the 3 duels i didn't manage to summon a single synchro monster. i only won via battle damage because he bricked too hard on anti meta stuff to actually summon a dark magician
beat zoos 2-1: won this mostly because i was fighting a kid who couldn't be bothered to read any of my effects. he didn't even notice i was summoning tuners when he could have easily killed them with drident. essentially i just went into lightshower which he can't kill without whiptail, and by the time he has it onto one of his xyz monsters, he's already too low on hp to kamikaze his monsters into my synchro
lost to infernoidgrasszoo 0-2: first duel he dridents my tuner, second game he gets grass and can't really lose after that

if i get a chance to go to nationals next week, i'll definitely run it just for the staring
annoyingly the nationals are before the banlist takes effect, so everyone is still running zoos with norden/terrortop. only other deck i've seen today were the grass/dank magicians, and before those i used to see a few invoked/abc players

Good job keeping the dream alive.

(checked)
The full house blesses you, Flower Cardian user, may Atem himself bless your deck so that you get a freak victory or at least Top 8 at a national with them.

I don't know what any of your are talking about honestly the new series of Yugioh looks kick fucking ass

ENJOY these dubs/trips
final build so far
i'd run a third willow but i don't have one and i don't feel like ordering for a card that's worth less than the delivery fee
running 3 willow with calligrapher because i really need that first turn tuner. even though i've only got 2 willow, i can still summon caligrapher with super koi koi's 2nd effect and recardination
if it doesn't brick early on it works well enough

INTO THE DRAINS

How is that working for you? I feel like I would end up discarding more than I use them.

i don't really have much of a choice, if i don't run allures i have an even bigger chance of starting with unsummonable monsters and multiple super koi kois that make me pay 3k to banish 3 cards face down it's happened at least twice now
besides, if i'm smart about it i'd rather use willow/zebra grass to draw since i'm not risking to discard that way. so i have a chance of drawing into allure/rota and not immediately losing it

Make it as bad as possible and things will be forced to revert next gen.

Haven't played in a while, are Legendary Six Samurai still good or did they get fucked into the mists of metaspace? I wanna spam some honabru samurai again.

mists of metaspace
they can still make first turn barkion+beast, but they don't have any easy way of getting resources back, so they're constantly on a minus
best case scenario you can make shien+tzolkin+crystal wing, but your hand is gonna be empty since warriors just don't have any decent generic support

Despite all the gripes I have with the meta, the fact Six-Samfags can constantly have their ass handed to them makes me more giddy then it should.

fuck you, gateway will totally be back someday
why does the ocg get all the fun stuff. i swear, someday i'll move to the philipines or whatever just to run retard decks

here's a shitty deck that sort of works

It came that time of the year again that I want to play some YGO again, and I finally remembered what deck I always wanted to try so this time I won't be asking about what's fun, instead I ask, how do I Deskbot?

i don't know mayne, it just werks

How is the steam Yu-Gi-Oh game? I noticed it had a assload of DLC how much content is in the base game?

Is the online any good.

Whats the most recent version of YGO does it support? XYZ's?

Also I'm quite begind in the times to YGO I am a casual at it.
How good is the Kamen Rider Masked HEROS format?

Do they mix well with all HEROS or do you need MASKED Heroes only?

it's shit
don't bother

It's pretty bad, no reason to get it when YGOpro is a thing unless you want to awful story mode.
Pirate it if you want, the online works.
Also I'm quite begind in the times to YGO I am a casual at it.
Pretty good generic hero fusions
Guide to running Masked heroes in any hero deck.
Step 1: run 2/3 Shadow mist
Step 2: run 3 mask change
Step 3: install supporting masked hero fusions (ones that are the same element as the heroes currently in deck)
And there you go.

It's shit, if you wanna play multiplayer go YGOPro, if you want singleplayer go Tag Force Special (though you won't have all the modern cards, the latest pack in Tag Force Special is Secrets of Eternity.

Masked HEROes are generic HERO support, so the Masked HERO engine works really well with any HERO deck you can think of, be they E-HERO or D-HERO.

Anyone got a good pure blue eyes deck build?

define pure

oh yeah thats supposed to be alternative, not malefic

What's the best YGO game on the 3ds/nds/gba/snes? Looking to get a decent one for my handheld.

all the tag force games are pretty good, although the gx ones aren't as good as the later ones

How well do the tag force games run on emulator?

ppsspp runs perfectly
works on phone too

Really well, PPSSPP is very well optimized.

Alright, thanks, also which Tag Force has the best story?

Well, the stories follow the stories in the anime, it's just that instead of Judai/Yusei the main character is you. From Tag Force 2 on have different storyline depending on the partner you pick, but the story basically just consists of a few scripted story duels, this is the case with all games. Storywise I personally liked 3 the most. Also you should consider getting all the isos because if you use UMD recognition with them you unlock some stuff, I remember in TF3 you unlock Misawa and a pack in the shop if you do the UMD recognition with the earlier 2 games. The UMD recognition thing still works on PPSSPP so don't worry about that, you just hit escape to go back to the menu and click on "Change UMD".

no Return of the Dragon Lords?
only one Silver's Cry INSTEAD of a dragon lord?
No Manju to draw ritual stuff? No soul charge?
3 dragon spirit of white? No Chaos Form replacing a single Advanced RA to cover for when your monsters are in the grave or in your hand?

What's your deck focus? What's the end goal here? You rely WAAAAAY too much on your tuners, the blue eyes synchros are heavily defensive while the Xyz fit the playstyle more in that they focus on card destruction to open up for a direct attack swarm. You'll end up with a dead hand on draw about 50% of the time if you include that many white stones and Dragon SoW. Cards of Consonance is a good card for bringing out summon combos, but you can't search your tuners to make it a guarantee draw 2 without a few Master w/ Eyes of Blue.

You should cut back on the white legend stones to 1, add two manju, cut your Spirit of Whites to 1 and your Silver's Cry to 0, add three Return of the Dragon Lords, cut an advanced ritual art for a Chaos Form to cut down on dead draws.

I don't run a pure blue eyes deck anymore, but that deck arrangement is very similar to one I used when I started out, and I got my ass kicked constantly until I retooled it like that.

If you want to center your deck around the Double Dragon maneuver (Sage target Maiden with effect, activate effect of Maiden then they fuck and become two dragons)

Replace two of your White Legend stones with 2 Where Arf Thou, replaces one chaos dragon and Advanced Ritual Art with 2 Manju and replace your Silver's Cry with a One for One. Cut out two White Dragon Spirit and add two Return of the Dragon Lords, and cut two cards of Consonance for the final Return of the Dragon Lords and one Master with Eyes of Blue, who also functions as a double tuner searcher AND summons Blue Eyes dragons in the grave.

Not every card needs to have three copies, you'll brick your hand easy like that and open yourself up to an OTK.

Return of the Dragon Lords is a good card because it defends your dragons after it's used, you should always use that before Silver's Cry, and Blue Eyes decks are heavily graveyard centered. After all, the "eyes of blue" types are supposed to be dragon cultists who raise dragons from the grave to rule over the world and shit.

You need to understand that having 3 copies of every card you think works is going to get you deaded when you actually duel.

Will you guys keep playing after the links?

They probably will, they didn't leave during the XYZ or Pendulum Era after all.

both of those had some fun archetypes
can't be helped that eventually something from them powercreeped everything else
honestly, pendulums didn't get enough good archetypes with them

Xyz and Pendulums are not as restricting as Links. They don't change how the game is played. Plus, Pendulums got like, 2 or so meta decks.

Basically this, though to be fair we never really knew how much pendulums would break the game until we actually played them and saw that they were pretty ass due to how specific of a deck you have to build for pendulums to even give you enough advantage coupled with the fact that there's more options to shut pendulums down than any other monster type.

Pendulums are basically an entire card type that depends on always having 2 semi-specific spell on the field.

You also need enough monsters in hand to shit out and make pendulum summoning even viable.

They ended printing so much anti-Pendulum cards plus the logical weaknesses of dying to Spell/Trap removal or Summon Negation, I'm surprised we did get like 3 meta Pendulum decks.

Can't wait to play ZARC Magicians though.

Why the fuck does Lady of the Lake not work in YGOPRO? It's supposed to let me special summon a noble knight when I normal summon her, except it never fucking works.

Links are way worse then those, since they basically murder old decks. At least my pure Hero deck would work under old rules, it might not have been good but it worked. Now with only one special summoning rule it's completely fucked.

Discard, I'm retarded. Didn't read the normal monster part and forgot that most noble knights are only treated as normal monsters on the field.

Yup and the only Noble Knight who's a normal monster is Artorigus, so it makes sense lorewise that Lady of the Lake can only fetch him because in the Arthurian legends Arthur got Excalibur from the Lady of the Lake.

Only not under those complete worthless shit rules.

It wasn't shit that locked using more than one of our fucking cards behind a physical paywall. Shitnami has to be punished.

I dont get it, how does link summoning break the game?

Completely fucking unacceptable. It's not even going to change anything for decks that spam monsters.

ftfy
if spamming monsters was enough to win, gem-knights would have been meta and six samurais wouldn't have faded into obscurity the moment gateway was hit

It adds an additional hoop to jump through just to get more Extra deck monsters out than just 1, a thing a lot of decks can't do. You won't even be able to fundeck at locals like you're usually able to (at least in my experience people play non-meta decks at locals).

episode 3 of vuhrains is out
no duel again
when the fuck is ygopro getting working link monsters, i thought they already worked in the beta

where are you watching it? I cant find shit on kickass and nyaa has been down.

gogoanime

So I had next to no knowledge that VRAINS was already here.

I'd vaguely heard talk of Yusaku, but the sets and anime keep passing me up. I haven't kept up with the anime since 5D's: are the subsequent series watchable? Is the whole thing still worth keeping up with?

By no means am I a newfig. I fell in love with the franchise when it came to burgerland, and have thousands of cards (as old as 2002 and recent as 2015) stashed away. I just greatly prefer OG YGO and 5D's.

Zexal 1 isn't very good, MC is very annoying with how he can't even play the game properly. Zexal 2 picks up and the MC is not retarded any more. Many actually like Zexal 2 a lot.
ARC-V started pretty good with a lot of interesting mysteries and intrigues. It did a lot of things right, but it didn't pull through with a lot of things too. The last 20-30 episodes didn't end the series properly. The ending is not as bad as some would claim, though. It had the potential to be the new best YGO series, but it didn't happen.
VRAINS is the great evil that "stops you from playing old cards, cause reasons." As far as the anime goes, it is just okay for now. It actually seems to be trying to spend more time on story and characters and not just forcing a duel every episode, but it is not like it has some great super great story for now.

but it totally does
my non meta deck is even less meta than before

It is hard to tell if you are being ironic or genuinely upset.

C'mon dude this sucks, I just want to look at big dragons and expensive holographs all day, is that really too much to ask?

Go watch tokusatsu stuff?

But it does. Let's take my Hero petdeck as an example. Before with the old rules I could play it and maybe get 2 maybe 3 fusion summons out on a good turn. Granted they aren't good compared to new cards and most likely would be destroyed fast but at least I could play them and get them out fast. Now I either have to rework my deck to include link support or constantly be even more fucked then before because I can only summon one of my heros. I never had to rework my deck completely for synchros/xyz/pendulms. Links fuck up any old petdecks that use a lot of special summonings.
Yeah man because when I watch a card game show, I wanna watch character drama and story instead of card games.

Do they play children's card games to save the world?

Just play them in a petdeck pre-VRAINS format. You might actually be able to win when playing against other petdecks.

Godzilla is rad enough the way it is.

Expect I can't do that when I play at locals now, which I could do good at sometimes with my petdeck. I'm either forced to completely change my petdeck with link support so I don't get completely stomped, play my current one and have an even worse chance of winning, or play a new deck entirely.

Again Synchros/XYZ/Pendulums didn't fuck over my petdecks like links has. It's by far the worst new card type.

Did the other kids bully you?

Nice rebuttal, you sure proved me wrong and showed that links helped the game. Tell me how much does being a Konami shill pay?

What is there to disprove? You yourself said that you could "sometimes" do good. And it was only when you got very lucky while at the same time your opponent got very unlucky. Or when playing against another pet deckers. If anything you didn't even imply you have tried to initiate a petdeck format at your locals, which is what I proposed you. Pretending you could play the meta with a petdeck is just lying.
Just because I am not stupid like you it doesn't mean I am a shill. Hell even my little brother plays whatever stupid decks he wants to play online with his friends or against AIs in the official games. I haven't spend a single cent for cards, you have. If you are so dissatisfied - meaning you are so stupid you enforce to yourself a way of playing the game you don't like, just stop buying the cards already and don't play this evil game any more.

Whether or not user's tier 500 petdeck does good or not when links hit state side is irrelevant because most extra deck based decks such as viable heroes get fucked because they now have to waste extra deck slots on link monsters which sucks because most extra decks are normally jam packed and in some decks can't afford to make those cuts.

What decks would you love to see get some Link Support and cards to enable said Links?
On a personal level, I would love that for Red-Eyes and GB

gem-knights, give them a link monster that can either search out gem-knight fusion, or recycle monsters and the deck might be meta
six samurais could use a recycler too, first turn beast+barkion doesn't really do that much these days

I want Neos to see a return.

I'd love some neos support. Been trying to make a deck this last week, but holy hell no matter what I do it bricks like all hell.

But that is not true. Even for the actually good Heroes deck through the last few years. There is even the difference between TCG and OCG in which the former will put several copies of several cards, while the later puts only one of everything. And in both cases there are many situational cards that don't end up being used most of the time. You want to play a toolbox, when now a single card does what several toolbox cards used to do. Links could have been just another type of monsters that start in the extra deck without the field rules and in your case you would probably still bitch about having to put the good Links that work with heroes in the places of something old. If there were Synchro Heroes and good ones at that you would probably have been already bitching about during the XYZ generation.

At least there's no more dragon spam in the new series. Now will someone create a dinosaur killing meta already?

m8, it happened in the 2nd episode

Dragonspam was the best part of Arc-V. All decks need an out of place Dragon Boss Monster.

Dude I got it, you ready?

That's the boss monster you get once you poly all the 5 DRAGONs (forgot Evil DRAGON, my apologies).

Am I the only one who just pretends the Pendulums and new Link things are not existing? I am OK with the synchros and pendulums but Konami is really getting ridiculous wiht those new types of extra deck things every 2 years.
I buy cards IRL and I am mainly a collector, the decks I build are never used

That's it…I'm making a Buster Blader deck to stop the Dragons.

I am such a Dragonfag that I actually want some of those.
In fact, I think this would Hyozanryu but with an Armor. You know, it is Diamond Dragon in Japan.
These too actually soundly like legit cards.
These sound pretty cool. You know they would have really good artwork, at least.

What if they are Dragon just in name and have the Type of their archetype?

Oh hey, it's literally me.

I want to be financially comfortable enough to be able to collect all of the cards I never could. Build all of the little archetypal decks I just liked. Then put them away in storage and take proper care of them.

well at least i didn't miss anything fun
they can't get hit soon enough

Would anyone happen to have a still good in the current meta deck centered around Odd-Eyes? I played that shit A LOT when Yuya's structure deck came out and I would love to play it again, especially with any good support that came out since then

Maybe something like Perfomapals Zoo would work. That or maybe Zarc which uses Odd-Eyes. I think that Zarc and Perfmapals might survive the Links

who /petdeck/ here
i feel like there's an engine in here somewhere, but i'm not quite seeing it
speedroids would have been nice but i don't feel like putting them in here considering terrortop will be dead soon
the traps would be great if there was an easy way to fill up my graveyard

Trying to make Neos playable. Slapped a masked Heros engine on it to make it less bricky, but even then it has a lot of issues. Any advice would be welcomed.

Don't play Neos.

The Neos fusions suck, I wish they didn't
Rainbow neos would be the best Idea from here
Also "rainbow dragon" doesn't count as a searchable fusion material for whatever reason, also can't be dumped with Prisma.

Too late. I'm gonna do my best to make Neos GreatNot a totally bricky piece of shit and there's nothing you can do to stop me user.

Hey man, it's your funeral.

I'd like to give Zarc a try, but I'm having hard time finding any deck for it

I too pet deck
Though I still need to work on this more, hence no extra
Uria stronk

Supreme King Magicians is his deck. I think it works pretty good. Not meta but it is fun.

do this, exodia gives you more control and beatdown

Yeah the fact that I can't send it to the grave with Prisma is exactly why I haven't been running it. Maybe I should try and mess around with it more by using fusion tag or something like it.

Trust me user, I know. I've chosen the impossible task, but i still want to try damnit ;-;

alright thanks, will look into it when I wake up and report my findings, maybe you guys will be able to help fix it up

Looking at it like that though it's more a shitty rank 10 deck, with some nice popping and spinning removal given, but it seems near pointless to run uria in that build
Would be better to run a shaddoll/train/exod build I think.
I wonder if I build uria more like infernoids it'd work better, since I just need to dump shit rather than use it
Truly, at the end of the day, I just wanna hit things for 21000

well exod/exodius can reach 4-5k
and with this you've got a lot more control/defense

So this is what I want to work with for that zarc deck, obviously I need to remove some things but I can't quite decide what to remove and what to keep, the side deck is other stuff I'm considering throwing in, any tips?

Miracle fusion is something to consider, since zarc lists a synchro monster
Preda plant Scopio and cobra for fusion searches, also see if Future Fusion works on zarc, cause then you could dump 4 magis from the deck then miracle synch into zarc.
I'd run more of the supreme servant dragons, cause they be pendulums aswell which means they can also be used as odd-eyes fusion targets for zarc.
I'd drop the some of those odd-eyes too, seems like it could be bricky

I dropped the Phantom dragons and thinned some other stuff to make it 44 cards, predaplants seems like they'd be bricky more often than not, as for servant, really don't know since it's effects seem to kinda force me into running more of the supreme king monsters

Don't waste time on shitty spacians, either un Flare + Mole for Grand Neos who's bouncing, flare neos who can potentially reach high beating stats and Magma Neos who will reach high beating stats
Alternatively go full turbo on air neos.
Run more black panthers and shadow mists for allure of darkness if you keep drawing 2 eventually the hand wont suck ass.

post fun tech cards
slifer in paleozoic frogs because they've got tons of tribute fodder and an insanely good draw engine

can someone post their .ydks?
I want to try some archetypes, but I don't have the time to build or even netdeck, since I've stopped playing a while ago and I don't know the newer cards

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1laio2k4HufOXVfa0tLZmFGWjA

this better not be dolphin porn

how else do you expect me to share them? i'm not gonna individually post the contents of every single deck i have in the thread, that would take forever

I was joking
Thanks for the decks!

I've got a bunch of decks but they're my babies so fuck off, ironically the one I'm sending you is my favourite meme deck for locals. If you've got questions about it go ahead.
drive.google.com/open?id=0B27wu2f-AK8aZ3BILUVpYk13Qk0

will they ever bring it back?
m-maybe next banlist…

I doubt so, even thought the OCG has it at 3

This is the current deck I use for them. Soon, it will be even better with Pendulum Call, Wisdom Eyes at 3

Wait they are becoming unlimited? Holy shit
I think I'll stick to this version anyway but thanks a lot for the idea, I honestly can't bring myself to get rid of Peasant

Insight Magician sure, but you're fucking delusional if you think a searchable power play card is coming off limited.

ygorganization.com/goodbyedreamlands/

It will probably stay at 3 until the Links hit

Oh my Jesus Yusei

Yeah, I doubt they will stay at 3 for long. I hope they do, so Zarc lives during the Link Era. I want a Supreme King Servant Link Dragon to exists.

I'm surprised, but it makes sense because of links. It would make more sense to unleash them after links, since pendulums are counted as extra deck summons.

You'll never need more than 2 tune magicians or Ages. 1 Odd-eyes 1 fusion, it's searchable.

I am afraid they will kill Zarc or Pendulums as a whole once the Links hit. They said that a new banlist will hit once the links get here. SO, I expect them to KILL all decks, including True Draco

when are links hitting us? i figured that it would start soon after the anime, but as far as i can see everything is a while away to go

When Code of the Duelist starts selling, August 4.

How is duelingbook?

Forgot it even exists. Register yourself and check it out, it is not like it is hard. Seems to even have some descent number of people, though far from Dueling Netwrok numbers. There was some other site as well. What was called?

duelingnexus

The fuck is this? It looks and sounds like a browser YGOPro.

It's yugioh on your browser, can't afford 100 MB to run the much better YGOpro or maybe you want to play at work or school?
Just use this instead, I played one match where the dude didn't know how pendulums worked, cried when they out grinded his rouge deck and left. It's everything I expected and more

Okay i'm trying to make a resonator deck with the Red Dragon Archfiend + their evolutions and i'm fucking stumped. I keep bricking like crazy, i'm losing my card advantage all the time and it's hard to summon from the graveyard.

I'm used to graveyard cycle decks where you use cards to summon shit from the graveyard, and I thought this'd be the perfect deck for that since Red Resonator's effect basically makes my life points a fucking wall, but the special summon engine it uses is hard to make it work.

What the fuck am I doing wrong? Also do any of you have any tips of what to look for when deck building? I haven't made one from scratch yet and I've basically been using shitty Reddit builds or rando builds from Pogo, or tournament winner interviews to get a jumping off point to actually work gimmicks into the decks, but it's usually rough going if you want anything not currently being played in the meta, as most of the posts are outdated/blind stinking retarded on deck building.

playing an anime deck? i learned my lesson the hard way after waiting years for the d/d/d structure deck

Pretty sure at one point Percy was having a browser version being made too, but I guess they gave up. It still has a popular android version they update once every two-three months, though.
Also I am not sure if Holla Forumsnicians know, but there is a Linux version as well. Not sure if it gets the daily hot updates and if it runs on the same severs as the Windows version.

Also Holla Forums is not broken just for me when it comes to clicking on post numbers and opening them in new tabs, right?

It's really good with the very few cards that do something in the grave. Everyone seems to be obsessed with using them in Synchro decks in forums.

Hey man gotta play those 2004 strats sometimes

It's not just you, it's been fucking up for me too.

You're better off using D-Hero Malicious than the fucking Tricky Dicky.

There is something I have been wanting to try for a while now. It is an AI deck.
#created by ...#main4698641570781052282795439087656139256679115493572565225958187989978593541392891130398487534753972989439781938313803312295727991647884637141390152077741652403848034456931305911406400575711603423142381961355624094653257744504343480366788016723024037289247383764718878805319978934253186396722783483746708440957624409576260082869622790558313349118807108#extra61500449850211466889139!side

I was hoping it would work like the halfchan's code tag and not show the whole thing.

You sound like a fucking faggot that deserves to brick with both of them.

I'm questioning the value of tuning.

What's the matter? Did a kid at school beat you with his anime-tier D-Hero deck?

nvm got it to work
I figured out the idea behind the Red Dragon variants, I also found a card called Red Rising Dragon that acts as a smaller synchro that basically allows you to have more wiggle room since it summons tuners to directly transform it into a Red Dragon Scarlight.

I took out tricky and just added some dragon
deck basics like Return of the Dragon Lords, a Soul Charge, a Raigeki and a Foolish burial to help the tuner cycle.

Red Dragon Archfiend decks aren't just graveyard cycle decks, they're evolution decks that act like a snake shedding it's skin, then resurrecting that skin into another dragon. the Level 10 Red Dragons have effects that sacrifice monsters to summon synchros from your deck, so I just added cards to help that process along.

I've tested it on the AI and the deck only takes one or two turns to get rolling on average, so now it's time to stress test it again on online.

If you have any suggestions/mockery please do that stuff time to get wrecked

i miss the old pet decks
if only they'd get more support, i wouldn't have sold my older shit ages ago
apparently x-sabers might be making a comeback right now since you can make gottoms with boggart knight and thesseus, and you can make invoker with predaplants while also searching out instant fusion for thesseus
still bricks too much though, and i can't really keep up my tempo of summoning if my goal is to discard my opponent's hand

Where did you find that guy?

would have been fun if we hadn't both misplayed to death
works really well as a rank 1 stall deck though

I am currently playing this and having fun with it.

Is Konami merely only pretending to be retarded?

The Duel Academy is a high school. Grace and Gloria are even portrayed as obviously older lewd onee-sans to Yuuya. They are probably like 17 if not even 18. Not very loliconish.

mind as well just run more of the majespecter field spells instead of terraforming
secret village is better as side deck in case you're not playing against a spellcaster deck

If you want a fun Rank 1 Deck that isn't built merely to bypass all of the opponent's defences with lyrical luscinia then they're probably your best bet.

But I don't want to play a weakling deck, I wanna play decks that have big dragons or strong warriors or waifus in them.

Say that to my face not online motherfucker see what happens.

Come on then, you little bitch.

thanks konami

coverage.yugioh-card.com/deckliste-link-strike/

someone finally found me 3 wightprince for a non outrageous price
i'll finally be able to run skull servants in my zombies
mind as well go sell my spyrals and ninjas

INTO THE VRAINS

Enjoy it while it lasts 'cause when link summons come out tuning is officially ded (as it's xyz, and fusions)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Good god

I wouldn't mind invoked so much if they didn't have Merkabah so fucking easy to summon and make it have easy as hell to fuel effect negation, blue-eyes can actually brick hard if they don't get their CHAOS MAX, frightfur can be handled due to how much they overextend, kozmos and paleozoics are cancer.

ZOODIACS HOWEVER CAN DROP TO THE DEEPEST DEPTHS OF THE BURNING ABYSS. NO ONE WANTS YOU TO PLAY SOLITAIRE EVERY SINGLE TURN JUST TO POP A SINGLE CARD. AT LEAST D/D/D ACTUALLY USE MULTIPLE MONSTERS FOR MORE THEN JUST SUMMONING SHIT.

I feel im okay with any deck aslong as they dont have a single play, zoodiacs, satellers, etc. Zoodiacs just so happen to have the strongest single play in the game and it only needs like 4 or 5 main deck cards

Can someone explain what's the theme behind Bastion's deck in tag force special? I don't really get how dinosaurs, a normal dragon, and a ritual warrior are supposed to fit together.

Well that's because the deck is fucking shit and I urge you to just make it into something else.

is there any way to make a pure shiranui deck work?
their field spell requires me to have resources to use it, but at the same time to have an empty field, so it's difficult to use
the other spells are good if my shit doesn't get killed before i can use the traps, not to mention that running the traps/spells can starve my hand for actual monsters
and grass is limited so that's out of the question

I try not to modify an AI's deck if I can help it, because that's part of the challenge of the game IMO.

Besides, I'm running a D.D. deck now and it's really good, since the AI loves to overextend and crash their big monsters into the Shadow Realm.

Dude the game is challenging enough as it is due to the retarded partner AI

THIS HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME WITH SOME DECKS. I remember the AI also struggled with Cyber Dragons.

You think you've got it bad?

the first duel is literally in the second episode right off the bat.

If you don't watch the first episode you still get the gist, literally nothing important happens in it. I have no fucking clue why the fuck they did that.

The duels actually don't fuck around, most of them are gonna last a single episode, two for big name characters.

The thing about the format is that it doesn't exactly encourage slow duels, I think they're using the format as an excuse to shorten the episodes because they're introducing the Link Summon cards like fucking crazy, at least one per episode past one.

And the Link cards don't actually look that bad, in fact it seems like most of them are harder to summon, the ones shown require that you sacrifice 3 monsters to summon them but as a result you get a monster that can't have it's position changed, while having added effects depending on what's adjacent to them. I see Link as a way to support swarm decks while giving them actual boss monsters to use, which does kind of hold a lot of swarm decks back a bit.

Can we go over why Link sucks so we can confirm that it's shit, first?

why does no one fucking play a Blue Eyes Bishbaalkin Dragon's Rage deck he LITERALLY WORKS OFF OF PIERCING DAMAGE

I keep fucking TELLING YOU FUCKS

Pure blue eyes has it's problems, you can brick a huge cunting lot due to the fact that the deck doesn't recycle very well, and if you catch a bad hand first turn you're pretty much fucked. This is why you look for shit outside the archetype, mainly because the archetypes themselves were never meant to be pure, aside from maybe Igknights.

Blue eyes' boss monster is a mon that does double piercing, has 4000 attack and is a ritual. Think about it.

a 4000 attack double piercer benefits greatly from a card or two that sets up tokens on the other end of the field in defence mode, like the Dinosaur archetype and that egg token. So naturally the best support would be a monster that locks down the other side via flooding it with worthless (except for tribute) tokens, shuts down attack monsters by having a ridiculous amount of attack, can stall using these tactics, fuels the fire with more special summoned sacrifices for more Blue Eyes to bring out fusions and XYZ, and a couple of piercer traps that win you the duel even WITHOUT Chaos Max.

On those piercer cards, you can set them up early to psyche your opponent to only go into attack position, which works great when you surprise summon your phantasmal asshole.

If you're going to play blue eyes, at least come up with your own strats to support it. There's like a million ways to support Blue Eyes in a modern environment without Eyes of Blue cards too. A lot of the old traditional spells and traps have effects that can shut down a modern player.

Agreed, fuck zoodiacs. That shit's poorly designed and is for retards.

Actually in the new episode Yusaku summoned 3 new Link monsters and then used two of them two summon Decode Talker and revived one of the material.

The reason is:

why is this video so entrancing

I'll admit that I really really fucking want that dragon once it hits the real card game.

It has some really dickass effects, you can easily base a deck around it too since it's a level 8 dragon. It's just begging to be abused in a Blue Eyes deck.

wait no shit it's a zane dragon machine type.

THAT'S EVEN BETTER
LIMITER REMOVAL FUCKING YES

New Thread