Guild Wars 1

Guys, I have never played GW1 but I have heard good things about it, especially the PvP, and I am bored and I notice the servers are still alive and kicking. Should I take the plunge and play GW1?

And if so, what version should I get? The front page is shilling the Platinum Edition but am I correct that Trinity edition is the way to go? What the fuck is in the campaigns and which of them do I not care about? I notice there's Eye of the North and I have no clue how good or bad or necessary it is if you want to PvP or shit. Am I right that the PvP access kit is unnecessary if you just campaign your way into unlocking everything? I need some advice here, guys.

Link related: store.guildwars.com/store/gw/en_US/cat/categoryID.67871700/currency.USD/ccRef.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_mesmer_skills
gwpvx.gamepedia.com/PvX_wiki
wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_elite_skills_by_campaign
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Servers are but players left long ago. It's just bots now. You won't get any pvp, casual or organized, which is a damn shame.

you're too late

You serious? I heard that there was still a dedicated crowd of GW1 players who never moved on. Are there any servers with good population? And uh, how much of the game is solo-able and is GW1 any fun that way?

I assume since the servers are still alive people are still playing it.

Servers are still up because they're cheap and GW has Hall of Monuments which lets you unlock some shit for gw2.
The game is a ghost town with bots unfortunately.
A lot of pve content is soloable (that is with heroes and henchmen) but I wouldn't call that fun.

It's good but I doubt PvP is particularly active and the few people left playing it are probably going to fucking destroy any new players. It's still worth playing in PvE though, particularly if you bring some friends.
Eye of the North isn't necessary unless you want to unlock things for GW2.

It's dead as fuck; last time I logged in was last year and even LA was empty. It's a shame you missed it at its heyday OP it was an amazing game.

I miss this game so much. Still log in and have a wander for old times sake… what hurts the most is what gw2 became.

Eh, if the PvP is solely filled with skilled players I would rate that as a plus. I kinda am looking for good PvP.

So if I wanted to try out GW1, Trinity Edition would be the way to go?

Shit. Is it really that bad?

Yes, it's dead as fuck. The campaigns are still a hell of a lot of fun WITH FRIENDS. Solo is kinda meh.

I soloed the entire game and all of the expansions from Prophecies to Eye of the North three times and never touched PvP at all. The game is plenty fun without other people, and I'd argue that GW1 is one of the ONLY MMOs in existence that you can say that about.

You can't fuck around with Heroes though. To get through some of the endgame stuff you really need to git gud with meta Hero team builds.

pvp is dead
pve is alive
the game is actually 3 games and one expac.
you want to play Nightfall for the AI you can customize

everyone is in a facebook group called Guild Wars: A new hope.
it's run by a fascist jew but good for getting parties

I've run dungeons with Holla Forums before and after exodus.
Great times

Correction: you'll want to own Nightfall for the AI you can customize, but you'll want to make your character in Prophecies or Factions to avoid being a nigger.

Fuck, I haven't played Guild Wars since the mid-2000s, are these servers still going? All I ever owned was the base game, I hated their model of monetization where instead of an expansion or two with updates, they fucking withheld everything in little tiny expansions and released like 5 of them.

Wut? They released 2 massive expansions and 1 small one and that's it.

what.

Fuck you Thunderfoot, fuck you, fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.

I'm not sure what the take-away is here.

GW1 certainly had great PvP but I don't know if there's anyone left.
That's the three main campaigns isn't it? I'd probably go with that. EotN will get you access to some more heroes early on which will help if you're going to do the game solo (perfectly doable) but you can always pick it up later. Start with either Prophecies or Nightfall, the former is the better to start with but it's slower to level in and you'll have a harder time picking up heroes in it. Factions' difficult curve basically picks up from the end of prophecies. Don't start with Mesmer, it's a tough class to play particularly if you're going to be doing things solo.

Campaign can be fun with just two people in my opinion (if nothing else it halves your microing of heroes) but yeh if you can get a full 4/8 then it'll really shine.

I'm pretty sure they did release a few mini-expansions post EotN to explain/retcon some stuff for GW2 that were literally a few quests. I'm fairly sure they didn't charge for them though. I'd have to look it up.

Oh sorry, that was ironic. Kind of like the equivalent of me saying "disregard that, I suck cocks." But apparently irony no longer means anything around here.

Might be worth a shot. What was so good about GW1 PvP. I've heard people say that it has great PvP a lot, but what was it that GW1 did so well?

Gotcha. Anything I'd be missing out on?

Ironic shitposting is just shitposting user. Especially when it's lolrandumb "ironic" shitposting. Try not to be a halfchanner here. We don't like halfwits as much as they do.

Oh you're talking about the DLC-tier character story quests, I see now. Yeah those are so fucking tiny I didn't even remember them, but you can't just discredit the insane amount of content that Factions and Nightfall and even DLC-free Eye of the North added to the game. I mean come on, Nightfall even ended up on this meme image.

The thing that made pvp-and pve-so great was the emphasis on your build and not your items. You have a skill bar with 8 skills you pick. Difference classers get access to different ones (duh) and you could improve them by putting attribute points into the relevent stat. EG, if you were a ranger and brought along an animal companion, points in Beast Mastery buffed up not just the pet, but skills like Heal as One because it's values were tied to… er, Beast Mastery.

PvP made point of allowing you to get a character with max level (and even access to max level items) from the get-go, so the emphasis was always how your build interacted with other people's. This is why good mesmers on the enemy team were dreaded, as the entire class was designed around fucking over other classes and needed a good understanding of how specific skills worked. A good mesmer understood, and as a result would have a build that was destroy a build that rely on melee/ranged or magic.
That's before you consider that you took a second class-while you couldn't match the power of a primary class (an elementalist could get 16 ranks in Fire Magic, and a warrior would only do 12 at most) it let you throw out some wildcard builds like sabway, which I'll talk about below

It also worked in the PvE.You leveled up very quickly; in the prologue/tutorial island you'd hit the main game at at least level 12 in a game where the cap was 20. Monsters would obviously go over the level 20 cap however they all used exactly the same skills (barring a few specific ones) that players used. The enemy fire mage would cast the exact same spells as a player, they'd 'just' hit harder. Because of this, again, if you understood how skills interacted with each other you could handle basically anything that the pve threw at you.
This was taken to it's conclusion with an (in)famous pve build dubbed 'sabway'. To cut it short, you have three necromancers providing cannon fodder, healing, magic and damage. Necromancers get mana when things die… like necromancer minions. So, one would create minions, put a spell on them afterwards that made them explode when they die, hgurting enemies and cast some protection magic on the party, another would heal and another would damage and general purpose. The upshot of this interaction (You pulled skills from the Necromancer, Ritualist, Monk classes) was a rock-solid support group that outside of a few very, very specific places, could work anywhere for anything.
There was also other shit like necromancers had a curse (negative buff, essentially) thatmade the target take damage when they missed. Mesmers had one that made enemies take damage when they attacked, and rangers had a skill that could blind people (90% chance to miss). If those three classes worked together and brought those skills, you'd shut down anything that worked on direct attacks.

…fuck I miss this game now.

Still mad they deleted my account because I didn't migrate it on time to their new server.

I dont remember any retcons in GW1

They fucked around with the Mursaat lore a bit I think, but otherwise I don't remember anything big. The Charr ending was a little gay too, those dirty animals didn't deserve to be made into real characters – much less fedora tipping liberal characters.

But we needed to work together for the GREATER GOOD!
The only thing I didnt like about EotN was the whole dwarf thing, but at least they manage to kill them all at the end.

PvP is dead. Group PvE is also dead. Everything being instanced makes it very difficult to see who else is playing where and communicate with any of them, so nobody talks to each other or parties up.

The game is decent enough if you look at all the missions as puzzles to be solved through the building of an appropriate team. I'm pretty sure the going rate is about $50 for all three campaigns and the expansion, and for what that gets you, that's a really good deal.

If you really want to do PvP, don't bother. Just avoid the game. You're not going to have a good experience. If you want to do PvE, you should buy the Trilogy and Platinum Editions to get access to everything. If you're not sure whether you'll like the game, start with the cheaper Platinum Edition and try out Prophecies to see if you enjoy it enough to get the other two campaigns. Don't buy any PvP access kits or skill/equipment unlocks. You won't need them, and you will unlock things by playing the game anyways.

When you start playing, if you have the Trilogy, the chronological order would be Prophecies -> Factions -> Nightfall. I would recommend starting in Prophecies as it gives you a slow level curve and lots of quests to unlock new skills. Once you reach Lion's Arch, you'll want to briefly go to Nightfall in order to unlock your first several heroes. They'll give you a better chance to customize your team than henchmen, but they can only use skills you've unlocked, so they're not that useful without learning some first. When you're done with Prophecies, move on to Factions, then to Nightfall, and lastly Eye of the North.

Wait what? Back when I played GW2 at launch they just seemed like industrial pseudo-romans who didn't believe in being subservient to gods. Is it because of that, or did the cucked out devteam fuck things up further? I quit before that retarded salad harley quinn popped up.

Honestly user my memory is a little hazy, I'm pretty sure they messed around with some things but I could be wrong.

I wasn't that other user (we do have IDs and all remember), I was just pointing out what he might have meant. I think both Factions and Nightfall were pretty great deals though I do with anet hadn't also tried to jew people on character slots and costumes.

Build variety and class synergy, in a nutshell. That other user covered it better.
Some grindy content and a mini-campaign in EotN, if you still want more GW1 after the three main campaigns then you can pick up EotN later.

For a basic summary here's your available Mesmer skills. You can take any 7 of these + any one of the ones highlighted in yellow (elite skill). You could also take a second class and take any of their non-elite skills too. Those labelled as PvP are special PvP variants of skills for balance reasons. Consider also that the effectiveness of various skills is based on your attributes and how you rune your armour or mess with upgrade components for weapons + what weapon you pick out of the options for your class (neither runes nor upgrade components were particularly expensive nor rare and runes were not outright upgrades since the stronger runes came with reduced health). GW1 PvP was as much decided in the theory-crafting/strategising before the fight as it was in coordination in the actual battle.

Obviously I forgot the link: wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_mesmer_skills

Not the guy you're replying to and I don't know the details, but I recall GW2 had the female Charr doing some kind of feminist revolution against their evil Charr patriarchy.

It wasn't obvious for the majority of us cuckchanners on Holla Forums back then, but I could already tell they were planning on shoehorning cancerous politics in the sequel.

The move away from total skillbar freedom into fixed designations of weapon skills, healing, and utility is already a pretty significant step to the left, as is the change in emphasis from coordinated team play to solo exploration.

The last time i checked, this game was almost completely dead and that has been years ago.

In GW2 they retcon the charrs by saying the whole searing massacre battle was the humans fault because the char were only taking their land back, pretty damn retarded because they destroyed their so called land and turned into a wasteland.

Feels real bad, man.

Played it years ago and recently found the base game and expansions in their original packaging at goodwill for $1 each

What is he grinding?

Im not surprised, its all shit

I thought the bits at the beginning and end made it clear. It's grinding for Proofs during one of the anniversary events. It got shut down after a day or so. It used to be that any character could earn a Proof for beating a mission in a given region, but they changed it to be account-based instead.

I havent played it in a long time

Christ, there was something in GW1 about Charr eating children and now Ascalonian refugees are one step away from engaging in bestiality with them. I'm glad Prince Rurik died so he didn't have to see what became of his people.

Adelbern did nothing wrong.
Ascalonian = Heroes

GW was great back in the day. It's still the best MMO if you want a single-player RPG, but if you want the community, that's pretty much gone. The true testament to the games quality is that it never went F2P. Unlike a certain other game which nuArenaNet pushed out.

Guild Wars 2 does not exist.

the searing and the final fall of ascalon are two different events

Well the staff of GW1 left and never worked on GW2. GW2 devs are a bunch of SJW freaks who never even played GW1.

Private server when?

Speaking of…

I played GW1 since release day.
Let me explain the whole thing

Release: Prophecies

Endgame content Sorrow Furnace released

FoW/UW endgame content released

BUT THEN

Expansion 1: Gook Factions

Expansion 2: Muslimfall

Ending

Eventually ArenaNet gives hopes for GW
IT'S GOING TO BE LIKE WOW BUT LIKE GW BUT ALSO LIKE EVERYTHING YOU ENJOY AND ABSOLUTELY DYNAMIC, LIKE THINGS JUST HAPPEN AROUND YOU, THE WORD IS SOMEHOW REPROGRAMMED AS YOU PROCEED TRUST ME GOYIM

GW2; the casualization of the decade releases

GW2 blows up

It's a really sad story, but trust me that GW1 Prophecy is still one of the best experiences of my videogame life.
You were alone or with friends, it was genuinely epic.

Squandered Potential: the videogame.

GW's still active if you get into a good guild/ally. Factions town holders are often a good bet.

That said you can certainly do all the content with an AI party and this might actually be better than doing it with vets who'll just rush you through the whole thing. With AI you can take it slow and get a better experience.

Even without multiplayer GW is really good, and it has a ton of content, great gameplay, music, atmosphere, etc. The story is pretty good for an MMO and no worse than your average CRPG though obviously mission focused rather than character focused.

PvP is mostly dead, RA is full of whiny farmers who get mad if you don't play meta, GvG is super slow, HA is locked down by syncers… JQ has a lot of bots but a decent amount of humans mixed in and is pretty fun. I still do it a fair amount.

55 monk was a farming build, ladm8, not a content build. 600/Smite was more of a content build but got nerfed fairly early in its lifespan.

It's always funny when a tranny brings up their life story the only response you can ever give to them is to tell them how brave they are, there's never any negative option or even a neutral option.

I dont remember that, but I didnt do any of the story dungeons or talk to the npcs, hell I didnf even know all the plant people are bisexual

If you just want to do PvP, ignore Eye of the North and just get the triology. Eye of the North is a PVE expansion that wraps up the story of GW1. The only reason to play that is grinding rewards you can use in GW2 or get some prestige armors. Now to the complicated things. I assume you are going for the trilogy.

Even if you ignore GWEN like I have advised you to, you will have weeks of PvE before you you have to do to unlock skills. Sure, you can do that with through the Zaishen, but the amount of faction points you could get per day is limited, because Anet didn't want to fix a game mode that was played to farm them. First play through all campaigns with a Character you like and use it for unlocking all the skills. There would be any hold up or need for other players.First you already have Nightfall and therefor access to heroes. Second you likely won't do any dungeons. The Outposts you want to have access to are Ember Light Camp, Kaineng Center and Kodash Bazaar. These are all the places you need in order to be able to get all non-Elite skills. Elite Skills are a powerful type of skill and you can only have one of them per build. Due to that nature, they are the first kind of skill you start with when you design your builds, their backbone and key factor in how your build will look like. For inspirations, just go to the good old PvX wiki and pick one there, go to the GW wiki to look up the were you can get the Elite skill, get a Signet of Capture and go skill hunting. As I said: you can obtain them from the Zaishen on the PvP isle. The method is just the quickest one for access to all the skills.

gwpvx.gamepedia.com/PvX_wiki

wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_elite_skills_by_campaign

Have fun.

All the SJW stuff is hopefully exaggerated and wasn't there initially. GW2 is shit for other reasons like the dumbed down build system, the forgettable story that is split into 3 kinds of content and isn't even your story. Its about le autistic tree going on the wild hunt to defeat the pathetic spoopy bone dragon that shits its pants and does nothing. I didn't played any further for the story was indeed literally tumblr. I could rant a lot more about how it was a let down, and cured me from getting collector's editions with extra crap. At least the Rytlock Figure looks pretty cool.

Nightfall made the plots of the first two be part of Abadons plan all along. It was EOTN when they really started fucking with the lore to prepare for GW2. In that they made Charr actually sentient and being opressed by the flame legion.

Right, Platinum Edition is actually cheaper than just Eye of the North expansion, and it comes with silly freebies to boot. Something to keep in mind if I ever want Eye of the North. Just to be clear, all the class and skill unlocks come from trilogy, aye? Do races matter in the game?

Calm your tits son. You sound like you've been in Holla Forums a bit too long. People go for different cultural themes in different expansions all the time without it being SJW shit. They'll do that just to avoid being stale and repetitive. Unless they're beating people over the head with social justice messaging or otherwise being shit with their flavor of the month/x-pac I don't really care. I want to say that your criticisms on gameplay are noted but I heard a lot of rage and very little in the way of specific issues, and I can't tell if you're a bad player or a PvE fag who was mad the game was shifting to a PvP focus (and thus making endgame loot more easily accessible, I assume) or there were serious problems afoot with the encounter design. It wouldn't surprise me if Expansion 1 is harder to solo than the first installment just to maintain a difficulty progression.

As for GW2, well, I really wasn't going to play that anyway. From what I can tell GW2 is when GW started copying WoW, going tumblr, and being a pile of irredeemable hack design by special snowflakes who couldn't understand why "innovating" by scrapping everything that made the original distinctive and appealing and making it more of a WoW-like game with a shit story was bad for the game. Banning people who criticize the game on the forums is usually a sign of butthurt shit developers though. So, noted.

Are elite skills necessary? I remember hearing about a Mesmer PvP build that skipped the elite skill for a regular skill so he could just counter everything instead.

The game actually started with a heavy PvP focus then shifted more and more to PvE over time since the PvP base didn't grow (due to elitism and hostility to new players) while the PvE base did grow and thus made up a bigger and bigger share of the total player base.

55hp monk was a farming build that you couldn't afk as you had to constantly recast enchantments and it was hard countered by any condition or hex that caused degen, which were faily common throughout a lot of the pve.

Builds without elite skills are the exception, not the norm, at least if you aren't going for completely wild builds. Regardless you really should go pick up as many elite skills as you can.

i hated that with a passion, when i was playing as another character i was expecting another story, but nope, everything is the same after some point.
and that fucking boss fight at the end, Jesus Christ it was fucking lame.

but they were since the start, they talked and all.

Nope, everyone is equal, just like in real life, :^)

yep, those skills are fucking powerful, worst part is that they are all over the game+expansions
what profession are you going to go for?

No. It only determines which campaign you will start out in. The only species you can play is is humans.

I can understand him. After the initial campaign was a flop and its iconic character turned out to be universally hated, they ran with a literal Burger King Kid's club. The first story was about how Capitalism is evil and always produces awful corporations.

Yes. See . Chances are, that these oddball builds need also a good player behind them in order to be effective.

Thanks for making me install this game again, you meme loving fucks.

Was a legendary game when it was still around. Shame about GW2.

Nice try, plebbit. Can you go being a contrarian dickhead on 4chan? I heard they welcomed in your kind.

No

wat

I hate all you secret club faggots who think good taste and a critical outlook is a form of social signalling and if you meme hard enough and shit on anything that doesn't conform to your memes, you're totally part of the "in" crowd. Holla Forums does not hate MMOs. Holla Forums hates bad games, including bad MMOs. It just happens that almost all MMOs are shit. You still need to use your fucking head and exercise actual fucking judgment when opining in Holla Forums. Don't you guys have some FPS thread to jump into and tell people how the FPS genre is trash because halo and call of duty are for kids? You'll totally get that e-cred, anons. Work at it!

Seriously, go back to halfchan already you stupid fags.

That was one of the reasons I've been looking at getting Trinity Edition first. It seems most of the skills and elite skills were in that trilogy.

No clue, still mulling it over. Mesmer sounds nice.

How's it going? Is it as dead as they say?

Trinity is just all three campaigns right? That's the one I would recommend.
You can always start a character and have a shot for a bit then give up: do the Nightfall campaign to try something out since you'll be in and out of the tutorial in maybe an hour at most. Mesmer is fun if you put the time in but it's got a fairly steep learning curve (particularly in PvP).

Holla Forums is not one fucking person

That off:
Mesmer is fun, but you should not start out with it. If anything, start out with a relatively simple class like Elementalist and take Mesmer as a secondary profession, so you can figure out if its too taste.

To offer the alternative to this:

Any new person is going to do best starting in Prophecies. The starter zone is pretty well populated (and yes, those Level 20 players are all autistic). The whole campaign is basically an extended and organic tutorial for PvP - the real game starts with hard mode. That said, you will want to make a trip over to Nightfall when you hit Kryta so you can pick up Heroes. And make sure to cycle them around as you level. Underleveled heroes are a pain in the ass, especially since you'll need them in the Nightfall missions.

So.. A straight guy that cut his dick off?

I forgot my account info.

I never played mesmer, but got a lot of fun with my qt ranger, and even more fun when they finally buffed the pets skills

I want NCSOFT shills to leave

GW2 - Ghosts of Ascalon = use ghosts as slave labor. Separatists in Rurikton = remove all propaganda

You missed out, fam. Single most rage inducing pvp character and doing their job while looking FABULOUS

fucking disgusting.

I've got like three level 20s in pre right now.

Botted, of course.

Here's a look at ArenaNet offices back in 2013…

…And this is Arenanet now, in 2017.

Revenant is way too fun to be stuck in that game.

This is the perfect example of Anet content.

I played GW2 for the first a couple of months ago.
I liked it.

To date, I think the only good Harlem Shake video was the one with the Russian military. Every other one has just been a bunch of idiots having a collective seizure.

I know. That was my point. Everyone has their own insight and judgement on the matter. The only thing we're necessarily agreed on is the fact that we hate bad games.

Ouch. Does that mean you just lost your account but you can make a new one or does it mean you need a new copy of Guild Wars to play now?

What's with this botting shit I hear about?

Making a new account requires a new unused key for one of the base games or collections.

Botting uses the Guild Wars AutoIt API (GWA2). In PvE they're generally for farming, in PvP they are generally for syncing and interrupts.

There are also utility bots eg to ferry, buy and sell mats, salvage, use cons, or to have another account follow your main in instances (I find this enormously handy since I can then have an SoS caster in my party who uses Summon Spirits, which heroes can't).

Bot at your own risk, it is a bannable offense. That said Anet is not only unlikely to start banning botters again (they don't seem to have software detection so it has to be done by hand) they've actually unbanned a lot of GW1 botters through GW2 support lately. I got an account back that way.

You can find a lot of them on GameRevision but the burden is often on you to get them working as they sometimes need adjusting or updating and the community there doesn't spoonfeed.

Also monk is best profession

The last thing I worked on back when I still regularly played GW was getting the cartographer titles. Ah, the memories. Inb4
I only used it for the Rebirth, too useful to res outside of mob aggro range.

wrong

Did you use TexMod? Did you also try to get Vanquisher at the same time?

Yeah, I did use TexMod, some spots are almost impossible to discover without it. Elona in particular is a huge piece of shit in some maps. This spot right here gave me a lot of grief.

So which class combo is best for soloing?

Tbh I haven't seen the "wammo" maymay in years since people stopped putting healing skills on their warriors once PvX got well known and people use cookie cutter builds. I can't imagine someone taking flak for Monk secondary on their war these days.

Though there are still some idiots who think they "tank".

Depends how you define solo. Player with AI party? Optimal is anything that can spam Save Yourselves. So melee generally. Warrior or Assassin. People talk a lot about Dervishes these days but to be honest they seem like just a stronger 100b war most of the time, and I'd take an Earth Shaker war over a 100b war or dervish any day.

I'd say Warrior.

Every caster role besides monk can be easily handled by AI so if you want the player to be useful a physical damage dealer is the way to go.

Monk is a special case, you ideally want a damage-heavy team since you'll be covering defence. A mesmer stack with merc heroes is good for this eg zephway.

That's all just optimization stuff though. Realistically you can play any profession and not attack or even call targets and heroes will take care of everything if their builds and gear are in good order.

So play a profession you find fun and that has armour you like.

As to soloing as in one character with no party at all, you can't complete the game that way. You can farm but you can't do missions and such, it doesn't work. The encounters and scenarios are balanced around a full party.

I used a cyclone axe/triple chop war build to spam SY, works pretty well.

Paragon is the superior SY spammer.

Paragon can leverage some better defense via TNTF and has an easier time keeping up SY due to constant adrenaline bonus (though any martial character can keep it up 100%, just less conveniently) but has shitty damage output compared to, say, a DB spammer, a 100b, an AoE axe build, etc, and can't do stuff like an ES war's ability to quarterknock multiple enemies at once.

Human paragons are good and nice to have in any team but they are only better than wars and sins if you ignore damage output, which admittedly a lot of wikifags do since they just regurgitate whatever's rated meta instead of understanding the game.

tldr paragon is great but not best

I brought an AI paragon just for 'Can't Touch This'. Fell in love with the fucker and tried to have one in the team all the time, so many useful shouts.

Ouch. So, you lose your account and you lose the game.

Wait, does that mean macros are a bannable offense?

Is it possible to solo with a single character?

If they still enforce the antibot measures, yes.

No. Some missions and some Bosses are impossible with only one character. Elite Regions and some Dungeons are even worse in that regard, since your hero teambuild needs some more thought behind in order to be successful. The only meaningful thing you can do solo is farming.

I.W. Me/W

Does that even still work? I have rarely seen such a build shortly before GW2 came out.

It's viable if you're operating in areas where enchantment removal isn't a big thing. End-game content in Beyond and the like will fuck you hard because virtually every mob has two professions and can fuck with your buffs in some way. And I can't even imagine the person who would look at it and say "This! This is the build with which I will enter into competitive PvP!"

Still, areas like Prophecies Hard Mode and most campaign content can be beat with it, if you're really that intent on it. I suppose that's the beauty of Guild Wars - you've got eight skills, but you can arm yourself with whatever build you want to meet the challenge at hand.

Anet's rule of thumb is "one keystroke, one action". Anything else is in a grey area at best. But again the botting community is near certain that ArenaNet can't detect software, much less macros.

To get banned, you'd need someone from Anet actually giving a shit about GW1, coming over, and actually seeing you running through that same outpost for 24 hours or see your couple dozen accounts all playing on one machine at once. They can't tell if you're using a bot, only if you exhibit really botlike behavior.

And they don't monitor the game by hand any more.

When I got my main banned it was because they saw it along with many other people botting a popular area tons of times. My other account I'd been running as a follow bot in PvE, exact same software, but it was never banned, because it only operated in instances where nobody could see.

Meaning no software detection. No automated bans. It's probably safe as long as nobody from ArenaNet comes back, and after that fiasco with the fatfuck from GW2 security banning a ton of innocent people for using virtual machines I think anet doesn't want to touch the issue again.