Creepy as fuck music thread

Let's post music that puts you on edge.

Fallout 3 and onward reuses a lot of tracks from earlier in the series, New Vegas used this track in a bunch of places, mainly in dangerous wilderness that was full of Deathclaws and shit to warn you that you were going off the path a bit too far.

In New Vegas, you could get your shit kicked in by heading in the wrong direction, but if you were good enough you could sneak past all of that shit and get to New Vegas early. You'd normally come back to these areas after you got geared up in power armor and a gauss rifle or some shit, leveled up and loaded with perks, and you could STILL have your ass handed to you if you didn't pack enough healing items or didn't target the right enemy first.

This gave New Vegas a huge amount of bonus areas that you had to work towards to getting the resources to survive, and were actually challanging, unlike Fallout 3 and 4's bland level scaling.

It just goes to show what happens when you hand even a shit game like fallout 3 to a developer that knows what they're doing design wise and tell them to make a sequel, since New Vegas wasn't done by Bethesda.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QaIyoIe9U00
sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Your_first_modification).
youtube.com/watch?v=GV5UnANIj3c&list=PL8Ze5WK7zCVWudTwLZj_u06RqFcCSrSHC&index=5
youtu.be/vnUQlGdjIhQ?t=5118
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7eIjqpMJ-L8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Was that song not also in FO1?

ye

I just used this one here because it popped up first on youtube.

Silent hill's always gonna pop up in these threads, so here's one.

Doom 64 still reigns supreme if you ask me.

I remember being scared shitless at that part.

This too.

This one bothers me.

I think Postal 1 is a great short horror game; its one of the few games I can think of off the top of my head where its horror comes purely from feelings of revulsion and catharsis.

The gameplay's boring though

shit on these games all you want, you can't deny they have a pretty good soundtrack

only problem is they're usually too short

Sim City 4 - Primordial Dream

Max Payne 3 - Max Panama

Any time I went to this area I immediately wanted to either leave or get through it as quickly as possible, and embed related contributed to that feeling a lot.

King's Field had pretty great music. It becomes more comfy than creepy as you play but the first time around its pretty ominous.
A shame the souls games pretty much gave up on having music.

I remember that from fucking Worms, which by the way had some unsettling music on its own now that I think about it

R* used to be good at making music, the score in GTA V was forced as fuck and out of place there were only two good songs in its soundtrack.

Ace Combat 3 fits the description

Almost all of Lisa's music is meant to be unsettling or disturbing, the music that plays in bars is probably at least near the top of the list for the game though.

Bloodbornes soundtrack does that really well.

1/2

2/2

I know many, but this one come to mind mind first.

Requiem for the Gods is my favorite, both beautiful and terrifying.

That's borderline slavshit party music brate.

Thief, Arx Fatalis and This comes to mind.

Pretty sure Postal 1 wins this thread pretty hard.

This. I find it funny that embed related is also used in Devil May Cry.

That's brilliant

E FOR EVERYONE

I always considered this one the creepy one.

That's probably my favourite part of the OST too, though outside of the first few seconds I found it more soothing than creepy, especially since I like church levels in vidya.

fugg

Lets see if anyone remembers this.

That would fit right into PSO1.

Tiberian Sun (and Firestorm) have a vastly underrated soundtrack, but it's probably one of my favorite OST's in the series.

boner

That's what I liked about the Legionairres, when you first find Nipton and attack this troop of dumbass motherfuckers who burned down a town because you have a hero-boner since it's a game, they'll fucking wreck you on any difficulty if you just take shots at them.

Luckily, you have lots of dynamite from the powder gangers, but considering that they rush at you with melee weapons and are tough as shit, you need to actually use vats to throw dynamite to do any sort of damage or risk blowing yourself up.

So the entire goddamned fight, provided you survive it, you'll be assaulted and pushed back all fucking over Nipton, running for your goddamned life while you wait for your AP to charge back up while taking potshots, since AP restore items are uncommon at that point.

You can either let them leave, or skin that wolf-head wearing motherfucker and take their shit to sell later, but the thing about their gear is that only the guns are somewhat valuable, and the armor is not very valuable.

So at the end of it, your character will either be dead or in very, VERY bad shape provided you played anything above Very Easy. It's like the game was designed by a GM who very clearly tells you to not attack these fucks but should you do it anyway, he has an encounter all planned out for you just in case. It's great.

The first sections of the game, your round trip tour around the Vegas desert, is probably the best part of the game design wise, and it serves as a great tutorial and introduction to the lore and storyline of the game. Unlike Fallout 3 which did that by giving you a long ass "go here do thing" quest, New Vegas only gives you one goal at the start: Go to New Vegas, and encourages you to take a certain path by making all the other ones shorter, but much harder to clear.

Say what you will.
I fucking loved this game,

Their stronghold theme is creepier but I can't find it.

I miss my actually creepy and scary RPGs.

Never played 2, but the first Diablo actually caused fear.

D2 is a great game but nowhere near as atmospheric as D1. Too many trash enemies, too many open areas.

Game: LISA
OST: Last call before hell

The most disturbing music ive heard in a game ever

go suck a cock, faggot

Why don't you go suck a cock you sodomite piece of shit.

the fact that fleeches would fuck you up and abe's movement had to be pretty precise in the fleech areas made the ambient music so god damn tense

as soon as you heard that tone shift from ambient to active, the panic and dread set in

No, I prefer New Vegas. I also prefer Fallout 4 to both tbh.

lel. NV lacks the comedy and non political emphasis that really made Fallout 1 and 2. In FO1 and 2, you play as a lone man with minimum intervention from other factions. NV is the autistic faction focused spinoff that forces you to join a faction and pay attention to their boring relation with other factions in order to finish the game. The writing is almost as shit as 3, and even 3 doesn't make you read boring 5th grader textbook shit about why faction A is at war with faction B and how faction B grows.

I always thought Blood for Sex was the creepiest track in the game.

Might help if it had the fast-scrolling dead city in the background but anyways.

(checked)
Nice track, but it feels kinda light on the creepy to me.

This song was objectively the best song in Fallout's history step back faggots.

ever played Baroque?

Is this better?

only the spookiest song from the spookiest game

The ass band will now play a song of farts to celebrate your arrival to the mansion basement.

To be fair the game is actually pretty spooky if you play with the original soundtrack.

Music that's goofy and disturbing at the same time has always fucked me up. I know a lot of shitty indie horror games do this but it's not the same. They always either just take a happy song and play it during a le spooky cutscene, or spend 5 seconds in Audacity to make it play in reverse or something.

Sounds really familiar…

More sinister than creepy, but eh…the build up is very cool~

some cliches are welcome

That's because both Postal 1 and Black's main themes were derivatives (or inspired by, to be more polite) of a remix of Nine Inch Nails' "Closer"

9 yr. Old me even thought this was goofy

Oh, neat!

I'd say it's the Orz dialogue that makes these scenes so creepy in its contrast with the music, but that might just be me.

Nothing says "impending overwhelming doom" like Necron music.

anybody know if there's a download to the actual full SoC ambient tracks? And I'm not talking about the shorter "official soundtrack" either because that doesn't include the actual good stuff. There is a guy who put up all 2 hours of it on youtube but I could never find a proper download for it

Especially in contrast to the rest of the game's music, this has stuck with me for 25 years.

Surprised nobodies posted this yet.

>Unlike Fallout 3 1 which did that by giving you a long ass "go here do thing" quest, New Vegas Fallout 1 only gives you one goal at the start: Go to New Vegas Find a waterchip, and doesn't encourages you to take a certain path by making all the other ones shorter, but much harder to clear.

Here's the nonfaggot version

Why.

AHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF, SCUMZ2

I'm late to the party on this one, but if this OST doesn't put you on edge and make you paranoid about people trying to assassinate you nothing will.

This song is the scariest thing in the world for me.

You sure you didn't link the wrong video?

It's the one with most of a chamber quartet playing pizzicato, so yes, i'm sure.

I've heard a song similar to this but I can't remember from where. The start sounds super similar but it branches off different.

YOU'RE cool

What, were you molested in a Norman Rockwell painting as a kid?

OH, I think Undertale stole this song but I can't find it.

First time seeing the dungeon entrance as a giant face sticking out of the ground with fingers nearby writhing is disconcerting, especially combined with the background music.

This is a scary one.

Don't forget this shit.

Supposedly the guy who wrote that track was literally deaf and somehow bullshitted his way into the position.
Here's the actually spooky original

Tiberian Sun has creepy tracks

This one still creeps me out.

Bram Stoker's Dracula on the NES had a pretty crazy soundtrack. Desolate and very intricate.
Stage 3 and 4 are probably the ones that stick out more than the rest.
Thanks, Jeoren.

youtu.be/QaIyoIe9U00

Whoops, fuck. Here's a proper embed.

How about some spooky NES stuff?

Not "creepy" per se… but i don't know… weird? Something is off with this music.

That's shit. This is the original and best.

I ain't clicking that because my internet connection is too slow, but is that Sense of Doubt or Neukolln?

Both are fucking great songs, just curious.

The original is better but it isn't creepy.

Music like this really sets the atmosphere. There will never be another Fallout game that feels like this again

What the fug?

I want to fuck your boy pussy.

If you have the game installed on your machine you can manually rip the "soundtrack" from it (sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Your_first_modification).
I'm sure someone already done it a million times but I'm just not feeling like searching for a torrent tracker that has this stuff.
Embeded video is what you should get.

The guy only pretended to be deaf to get famous. Most of his better songs were written by other people, but the fart symphony was his own work.

I always found this one oddly calming.

You want spooky Mario RPG music? Try this on for size. Pretty, but you also get a feeling of desolation and loneliness.

I'm surprised this never came up.

y-you too!

ABANDONED BY DISNEY, ABANDONED BY GOD

Geh, this pieces makes me a little nauseous.

That song still haunts me to this day, gives me shivers every time I think about it.

[Casual cancer that is killing vidya detected]

It's time to end it, user.

Obligatory

Indeed

forgot my embed.

Also fucking R-type Final

Yeah I agree with this. Even though it sets the markers along areas of interest and encourages you to stop by you can still skip a huge amount of it and head straight to Vegas. And even when you hit Vegas you don't even have to stick around and do dickhead chump work in Freeside, if you've got the caps you can go straight on in and shoot Benny in his stupid fucking face.

What makes New Vegas great is how much of the content is optional yet still contributes to the setting and story of the game.

It's modeled off of Balinese orchestra, actually.

Balinese culture is all about smiling even when horrible things are happening, and covering up someone's sadness by laughing at them when they're crying. Basically britain's stiff upper lip but a bit too far.

It's a Small World was already horrifying, you don't even have to add any edits.

My father got stuck on the ride for 45 straight minutes and despite the fact that he loves disney he never wants to go on that ride ever again.

This motherfucker is a ten year army vet who served on the goddamned front lines.

It's not so much creepy but somber.

This music doesn't sound creepy to me, just funky as fuck.

When is this song supposed to play? When the ayyliens fuck your shit?

This music and the time limit on the second part made it quite intense

Bullshit, this the Toy's for Bob splash screen music. The fuck!?

Some of the CD music in Wario Land 4 was pretty creepy, and the weird imagery that showed in the little screen didn't make it any better for me when I was a little boy. The final boss spooked me a bit too.

The N64 and PSX Dooms had rather creepy soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=GV5UnANIj3c&list=PL8Ze5WK7zCVWudTwLZj_u06RqFcCSrSHC&index=5

The Novistador theme from RE4 used to make me feel very uneasy.

Kill yourself

holy fuck my sides

The first time I met one of these I almost hat myself.

whats going to ambush me this time?

i wonder how that stuff made it into the game?
was the wario land team just messing around and they decided "well, we cant let this go to waste, lets make them bonus collectables"?
so strange

well that doesnt make it any less creepy.

there was some part in that temple where i was unable to continue after i decided to save and quit. you were supposed to be able to summon the scarecrow and hookshot over to him but it never worked.

This is not spooky, it's just sad.

I found their footstep noises spookier than anything else.
>thump thump thump thump

Dude I sleep to this song….

Great boss song
Shame that the boss itself its a piece of cake

Was that the Clown or the Diva?

The Diva, this is Wario Land 4, not 3.

This one is spooky as fuck too.

youtu.be/vnUQlGdjIhQ?t=5118 Asakusa (town) theme is pretty good wish there was an upload of it rather than someone uploading the entire soundtrack

As it should be, since you failed to save an entire world.

The same company mate.

What surprises me the most is how this game is rated E. It's dark as fuck if you think about it.

The beta version of Lavender Town is truly fucking disturbing lads.

This used to terrify me when I was younger.

When does this song play, user?

It has really good and spooky soundtrack.

If you go into audio settings, you can turn it on there, as the game starts with it turned off (I think for good reasons). It played during terraforming. When I play Simcity 4 today I keep it on, just for the good memories and because it reminds me of Aklo.

This ain't really spooky, it's actually pretty soothing. Maybe we should turn this thread into a comfy one.

The animation for your embedded video really reminds me of those shock gory animations done by some Russian degenerate fella. What was his name? His animations where about body horror mixed with fucked up sex and weird as fuck loud music, with some mixed Cyrillic letters and religious references here and there. Shit was edgy, and a good way to scare off newfags and shills. I remember those webms where pretty popular, and always was in the Holla Forums webm thread.

As simple as these loops are, they build a terrific atmosphere. That deep rumble is really unsettling.

I. Hear. A. Sound.

No Pathologic?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7eIjqpMJ-L8

It gets even darker when you look into the motivation of its main villain.

Playing this game now. This music plays every time they have a countdown timer running, but also when you enter a room where this occurred before. It always gets me on edge and annoys the hell out of me when there is not even a reason anymore for panic music.

The titlemusic is alright though

The most fucked of all. I'm seriously curious as to how they came up with this shit.

sounds like an edit

This shit here.

I been trying to find that distorted ringing sample for years. I saw the video identifying it and playing other songs that use it, but I'll be damned if I can't find the sample.

such good music

why has capcom fallen so?

Resident Evil 4. They realized how much money they could make if they did what all the other companies were doing.

That fight scared me shitless when I was a kid.

Replaying atm, Manhunt has some creepy music, fits the game well

Sounds like circus music.

And that's always great.