Is there a list of all existing diablo clones? Or some recommendation list?

Is there a list of all existing diablo clones? Or some recommendation list?
I am into Grim Dawn right now, but i want to know what to play next after i complete it. I would even make a backlog list for myself filled only with action rpgs.

Other urls found in this thread:

grimcalc.com/build/1009-9jlsOX
youtube.com/watch?v=MAmn4x2r-O8
youtube.com/watch?v=V_ZHvSqEwgM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Did you mean: List of Action Roleplaying Games?

No. I didn't mean THAT.

That doesn't quite fit, Legend of Mana for example is an ARPG

Fuck, back in 2007 action rpg meant a diablo clone. It was named like that to not call diablo games roguelikes. Nowadays fucking everything is called arpg.

No it didn't you dumb shit. Diablo is a hack and slash game.

Ah yes, that's the genre. Thanks for reminding me…

Action RPG is a term that existed long before Diablo and damn sure long before 2007.

Grim Dawn is pretty fun, there's always POE if you're into market manipulation.
That's it for modern games, the rest are trash.

If you haven't already played the shit out of Median XL, you're in for a treat. PoE is another obvious choice, being vastly superior to GD in the gameplay department. Outside of that, if you've got friends to play with, Dungeon Siege 3 is a terrible Dungeon Siege game, but a shockingly competent BG:DA clone.

That's okay, Dungeon siege was a terrible game anyway. There's a reason it wasn't more successful.

WEW

It's literally "Generic dungeon delving simulator", it even makes sure that you don't need any actual tactics once you have a balanced party of Ranged, melee, healer and blaster.
Don't forget all the bugs in Dungeon Siege 2, like one where highly over-levelled enemies are present on the first difficulty.

Ys is an ARPG, and it predates Diablo 1 by like eleven years.

Never ran into any bugs in dungeon siege 2 and I autistically combed every map and what do you mean tactics? Why are they all of a sudden a requirement for a good game? Loads of games dont or barely require any tactics.

A good game is one where you have to actually play it and not just watch fancy colours on screen, Otherwise Skyrim would be considered a good game, it doesn't require thinking or playing either.
And how did you not notice the level 50 enemies in the level 10 areas. I didn't think it was that hard to miss being one shot constantly by a programming error.

Skyrim is considered a bad game because of a massive list of things it did wrong, requiring tactics is just a small part of it. By your logic doom is a shit game too, diablo and grim dawn as well.

Which doom? Because both still require actually playing the game, even the shit one. Dungeon Siege on the other hand? You can literally hold M1 the whole time and win no matter what, as long as you have a balanced party. At least Diablo and Grim Dawn both force you to create a character build, in DS as long as you follow the tank/healer/DPS trinity you'll win.

Ah yeah, like God of War and MGR.

Now you are oversimplifying dungeon siege while applying different logic to diablo and grim dawn. Dungeon siege requires you to actively play the game and equip your characters as well. Maybe you actually got a hacked in spell or gear drop from multiplayer or maybe you played on easy because you cant just literally hold m1 the whole time and win no matter what kind of team you have.

You're right, I occasionally have to press the potions button too. Just like Skyrim, where I can win any engagement due to my infinite health potions.
And yes, yes I can. That's the entire reason I got bored of the game. Not to mention the bugs.

Divine divinity is pretty good. It separates itself from diablo enough that it stand out on its own.

Torchlight is ok I guess but it got really monotonous as it went on, I never finished it. Heard the second one was better.

Isometric ARPG's

Diablo 1 was designed as a graphical roguelike, by the way

Grim Dawn is easily the best of the modern ones, currently waiting for them to release the necromancer class before i replay. Titans Quest is good too if you haven't played it though.

This is factually correct and the reason why I prefer the first Diablo over the other two.

Divine Divinity 1 & 2
Nox
Titan Quest + Immortal Throne + Soulvizier Mod

No you stupid fuck. Diablo-style games were called hack-n-slash games. Or isometric hack&slash if you really want to narrow the genre down. Diablo style games were generally not considered action RPGs but H&S games. Action RPG is something you use more to describe Deus Ex, Gothic, Risen, Mass Effect, The Witcher, etc. Diablo 1 could actually be described as a roguelike. From D2 onwards the gameplay was very different.

Dungeon Siege was a great tech demo. The shit they pulled with that engine was fucking dope. Good 3D pathing, a camera that fucking works with multiple floors, and no loading screens. But if you try to convince me that that turbo-repetitive grinder was a fun game you must be on drugs. I bought DS and the expansion pack back in the day and I never finished either of them. Diablo 1 was good but the diablo-like genre it spawned was total shit. The best thing I can say about DS is that Lazarus project total conversion mod puts the engine to good use.

Titan Quest is too slow without mods.

I'm still waiting for anime diablo clone.
Never fucking ever.

Grab some snacks, user.

Just completed it. The main boss is really anti-climactic. Faggots in near crypt were stronger than this piece of tentacle.

Ended up with shittiest build possible, because like an idiot chose shaman as second class without giving a fuck about the fact he is pure lightning based, and the best weapons i've been getting were all fire based.

Well. There is baroque and shining force exa. Both are very close to diablo in their own ways.

Well, there is the Himalayas portion of Titan Quest.

The final boss was a rapetrain before the game was released.

So want to go again but in multiplayer? I've already got a build just for tanking ready.
grimcalc.com/build/1009-9jlsOX

Are there any loot heavy games similar to diablo, but different gameplay that is not borderlands? I really disliked Diablo's gameplay.

Hellgate London
Darksiders 2

Kingdoms of Amalur is really loot heavy.

How can Diablo 2 be hack n slash, when you don't hack and slash anything? It's not like DmC you just click on a bad guy till he's dead and all of that is dependent on other parameters like level and dexterity for example. The sorceress doesn't even attack!

You also level up and use potions and shit so it's an ARPG

Just played the shit called victor vran. It made me realize how much i love games with indepth character building and loot with tons of characteristics. Because it was trashy action with minimal stat fuckery and minimum available skills to use. I bet console players would love something like this but i just can't. The outfit system is the biggest joke.
Same goes for vikings wolves of midgard. Slowly action rpg genre becomes consolized and turned into games like gauntlet.

I don't even like Grim Dawn, because of shitty short dungeons and no level generation, final dungeon to the boss is only one floor long, holy shit, the more you play it the more boring it gets, but from recent shit this is the best game for character building.
Might say that nothing beats those three:

1) Torchlight 2 with Synergies and Essentials mods
2) Diablo 1 with Beezlebub mod
3) Diablo 2 with Median XL mod

As a bonus - Hellgate London with Revival or Lost London, just because this shit fixed is the true diablo 3.

But so far everything else is not true infinite grinding experience, either focused on story too much, or on console combat. I just hope this genre is not yet dead and there will be something greater on the horizon. But i fear my hopes will be in vain because everything you love turns to shit eventually.

Think I've heard Soma Bringer be compared to Diablo.

Ah yes, i just remembered what's actually on horizon. Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem. Lets read the description…
Its like some autist decided to merge skyrim with diablo. Needs his personal gas chamber.

Now that's surprising. The game is built on cryengine and i didn't expect this.

Opinions?

It's hack-and-slash because you just kill shit, there's no roleplaying mechanics to speak of. Stats and leveling up do not make it a roleplaying game.

That's a lot of features that are easy to fuck up and ruin your game with.

This is exactly what i thought. The game focused on random dungeon crawling cannot have a fucking house building. Or else neither of those will be finished properly, and one part of a gameplay will be just for show.

I'm afraid this is a dead argument. RPG means nothing anymore, just that you get XP for unlocking shit.
COD is a fucking RPG according to most normalfag retards because you unlock shit sometimes with your bar goes ding.
Like the battle for the words literally and decimation, we have lost, the idiots who do not know better have won.
I blame low education standards that say children should not be corrected when they're wrong because it might hurt their feelings.

No mention of Soldak Entertainment? Din's Curse has been the 8ch goto for infinite grindan game.

Zombasite is better though. Its literally superceded dins curse.
Soldak's games are insanely fun.
I remember when I found a "extremely giant" giant in a dungeon. The angle of the camera meant I could never see anything above his belt. I killed him after wailing on him forever and then raised him as a minion. Suffice to say, that dungeon was quite easy.

Just wish the weren't so damn ugly.

You didn't like this one?

Well there's also a Korean MMO called Lost Ark
youtube.com/watch?v=MAmn4x2r-O8
youtube.com/watch?v=V_ZHvSqEwgM

And you can play Tree of Savior for free, it's even on steam if that tickles your fancy.

It's called hack and slash, faggot. ARPG is a much broader category than that.

Oh and here's a rookie streamer rooskie comparing Lost Ark with Lineage Eternal.
Just remember that both of these are MMOs

This works for you? It's not a Diablo clone, but since japs refuse to work on PC you're never going to get closer than this.

IGN didn't seem to like it with 5,8
first review I stumbled upon on youtube, just wanted to see what the game looked like, always thought it was a management game for some reason.

Ragnarok Online

It's not kawaii uguu anime, but it's anime.

It's a genre you stupid kid. Whether or not you are actually playing melee is irrelevant. It means it's a game where all you do is plow through large amounts of enemies. It's a straight combat run with an excuse plot for you to go around killing shit 24-7. So all you do is hack apart enemies. It typically borrows some mechanics from the RPG genre and then has you hack apart enemies nonstop.

Noob. You've clearly never played the melee enchantress. That shit is legit dope and great for parties.

Dumbass, ARPG means it combines the Action genre with the RPG genre (shocker). Ergo, it's a RPG that requires player skill, aim, timing, reflexes, that sort of thing. The trouble with diablo-like games is that the role-playing game elements are extremely minimal, it has an excuse plot, and it is a generally overwhelmingly combat-focused game so we tend not to describe them as role-playing games. In addition from Diablo 2 onwards there was a marked decrease in tactical considerations and the need for attentiveness and careful timing in your actions, so it could be said that the action aspects diminished as well. The result is a genre best described as simply hack-n-slash or diablo-like.

Also, I hope you realize millennial means people born in the 80s and 90s.

We don't play by the standards of retarded casuals though. We have higher standards around here. There's also the RPG Codex if you want a place with higher standards for what constitutes an RPG.

RPGCodex can't even define what an RPG is. Just try and make a thread where you ask them what an RPG is.

For as often as this one gets brought up, it sure doesn't get shared enough.

I played baroque and shining force. Those indeed have similarities, but come on those are not proper diablo clones.

I looked it up and it looks like shit. Also

It's pretty much another shining force game. It's not a proper diablo clone.

Yeah I played Blade & Sword. It's super fucking good, but it's not anime.
I also played lost ark and it's fucking korean semi-chibi everyone is a fuckboi thing. I dunno if you can call it an anime. Also obviously p2w.

No user, this doesn't work for me. It does look neat though, but I don't have PS4.

I played online lodoss war something.
Does this one have armor properly displayed on character? Because online piece of shit didn't.

It's on the PS3 too, but don't get it. See pic related.

I enjoyed this game a lot at the time. The "mystery" around your character is completely obvious if you have seen the original anime though. It had some good dialog choices. It was fun telling dark elves to fuckoff in their own villiage. The final boss was some of the biggest BS I can remember but not impossible.

What does Median XL do to Diablo 2 that makes it so good? I've tried to get into D2 multiple times and it just never stuck for me. I'd be happy to try again.

Not really a clone, but if you like Diablo and Metroidvanias, Xanadu Next is a must-play.

It's available on Steam and GOG and the publisher/devs deserve to be supported

I was quick to judge Zombasite as shit game back then. But after trying its actually quite enjoyable gameplay wise. Don't get the theme though. Waring fantasy clans in asian jungle try to survive zombie apocalypse? Shitty interface with default windows fonts doesn't help this retardation.

I also don't understand why diablo clone needs such living world with all those encounters like its stalker a-life or something.

I fucking love bars.

There is UI overhaul mod for it, but it still looks like this.

This game looks like shit, user, why's it worth my time?

there has never been a diablo clone that involved tactics

well, unless you consider nox a diablo clone

got around 500 hours played in grim dawn and expecting at least another thousand or two once that expac comes out

it's a fun game

Complete torchlight 1 as an alchemist on very hard without thinking what the fuck you are doing. I'l look at you saying there has never been a diablo clone with tactical involvement.

clippy plz

it isn't quite a diablo clone, but if you dont mind playing hardcore and being done with the game after killing the final and post-game bosses while its also turn-based, this can give you your fix of D2

New ladder just started for the Path of Diablo mod for D2

Anyone wanna play Dins Curse/Zombasite?

I don't think roguelike counts as a ARPG

some people consider the first diablo to be a roguelike, and op asked for diablo clones.

Who are these retards who've never played Rogue?

Diablo is literally real-time roguelike.
You are the retards, user.

please respond

bump

^^^^^^^^