Horrible fucking sequels to really good games

Name a worse fucking sequel than FEAR 2. A standard, dogshit console shooter - the FOV is smaller than the brain of whomever was the game designer for this piece of shit.

Huge ass UI, tiny ass FOV, inaccurate guns and horrible gunplay. The enemies are retarded and Alma lost any and all charm she once had. I'm fucking insulted.

Technically a game can only ever have one sequel, so each subsequent game becomes the best and worst relative to the previous one

Also DS2

DMC2

F3AR.

At least you get laid in the end

AoE III

That's fucked up, isn't it? Alma was an irredeemable tragic monster… then in F3ar they try to be more sympathetic to her, oh boo hoo she's a helpless innocent little girl. Pathetic.

dude if your reaction to FEAR 2 is that negative you don't want to touch FEAR 3

Too bad I didn't play anything past FEAR 1

how can something be so unsatisfying to play when FEAR1 set a nice standard

Lucky you. Keep it that way.

FEAR was never good to begin with. Cheap scares, shit writing, boring levels, and horrible gunplay save for the shotgun. People praise it for muh AI and muh cool acrobatics.

Lack of detail because it's a console game.

A typical gunfight in FEAR usually results in giant holes blown out of the walls, office supplies strewn all over the place and dust from the gunfire everywhere. In FEAR 2 that's all gone.

In lieu of bringing up the forbidden one, ME2. While it retained some of the space western/space opera vibe in few areas, for the most part it went edgy grimderp 3mature5you route. Add to that degradation of gameplay mechanics mandated by the change in direction and it only gives way to atrocities like ME3 and ME:A. The writing (literally starting with "lol shepurd u died but we rezurected u and sheit") is just the diarrhoea icing on the shit cake.

I'd like to see the godlike games you're comparing it to, because the gunplay is pretty damn tight. Some things aren't as good, like the AR or SMG in slow motion, but the shotgun, nail gun, grenades, skeleton beam, pistol are pure sex.

don't forget the fucking autocannon

Even the dlc for DS3 is the worst in the series.

Hmm?
Best they had was fly kicking people, and even then you never used it and simply shot them in the head from the other end of the map instead.

Oh, and I hadn't played FEAR until some months back because everyone told me it was amazing (and it was), but I was confused as to why everyone was saying highest difficulty and no slo-mo was difficult. Easiest shit of my life and only died twice; once to the first giant mech thing and once to a sniper that I thought was a tv antenna.

Game is incredibly fun, though. The semi-destructible environments are so much fun.
Worst part is the shitty invisible ninja things, which gave me a heartattack compared to the other spooks. The Alma floor-crawl was incredibly dull, and they reused it like 6 times over the course of FEAR, EP and PM.

F.E.A.R. 2 was okay. The big thing to keep in mind is that it was originally intended to be a separate series and they slapped the F.E.A.R. IP on it merely months before it went gold.

F3AR was just crap though. Interesting ideas but it really wasn't executed well at all.

My view on Mass Effect 2 is that it would have been decent were it not Mass Effect 2.
If it were a sidestory instead of a Part 2, and as a result didn't have all the bullshit of Shepard dying and resurrecting, joining a faction he has no reason to not oppose, and doing essentially nothing to advance the series's overall plot outside of DLC, it would have been fine. Flawed, but fine. If it's not part of the mainline series, changes in the overall gameplay like the tone and the shift from RPG to shooter would be more tolerable.

I actually played it before ME1, and without knowing what it was coming from I found it very fun. If it didn't have to be compared to its predecessor I would think more highly of it.

I actually liked FEAR 2 well enough, it just sucks not having lean and peek like the first game.

Monolith got fucked in the ass twice, such a shame, it's like someone deliberately did everything in their power to stop them from making that series.

I dont dislike FEAR 2 either. It was far from perfect, but the first FEAR had its fair share of foibles too.

I never bothered to finish the third one though.

Too true. As someone that played the hell out of the first two, i cant remember ever feeling worse about an RTS sequel.

I really think that ME2 is the optimal level of what Mass Effect was trying to do. It had enough problems to complain about, dont get me wrong, but Mass Effect 1 was so flawed that I have a very difficult time ever completing a playthrough simply because some aspects are so annoying (I'm looking at you, non human armor types).
Sure, the lane-type combat isnt the best, but the AI functions better because its a lot harder to fuck around with the shot angles and some of the quirks they have which makes for overall more interesting fights.
Mako and Survey quests are out, which I for one am grateful for since they were honestly the most annoying thing to deal with in my opinion.
The weapon system overhaul worked well enough in my opinion, but the game doesnt have as many problems with a redesign as a game like Dragon Age 2, for example.
I could carry on, but I think I have stated my point.

Oh shit, I'm too late. No really though Holla Forums you have fucking horrible taste.

Prototype 2

Dark Souls 2

For gameplay, sure. Considering how Obsidian had an even worse time combining RPG and TPS, it was a better move to just go TPS. ME2 destroyed any hope for 3 due to how it butchered the story in favor of the most retarded group in gaming.

Oh hi there (74)!
Calm down

Take break

Why am I not surprised? Tell me again about how much you love Path of Neo, transfag.

Holy shit this guy is still going in the last thread.

This tryhard lolcow shit is pathetic. I wasn't even OP of that thread, but you fags are trying to force this meme really hard. Path of Neo is shit, Fear 2 is shit, if you like them you have shit taste. Deal with it and try not to be too assblasted.

this (x replies) meme is fucking retarded. Nothing wrong with people passionately talking about things they care about. If you don't care about vidya enough to have a prolonged conversation, feel free to get the fuck out.

Path of Neo fucking horrible. Fear 2 gave me a legitimate headache with it's FOV.

They're both terrible for not innovating enough and generally not being up to the same standards as DS1. 3 is more tolerable than 2 though. Much more.

It's pretty impressive. I hope somebody makes a Path of Neo thread after that thread tanks.

Driv3r

I agree Sunshine was a giant fucking disappointment.

And i see that people here forgot or are simply pretending that the last FEAR game never happened. You know, that south Korean made mmo/fps game with accent on cosmetic microtransaction like hats and dresses. What a way to die.

By itself it isn't a god-awful game, but compared to any other game in the series it's just bad.

>…but I liked F3AR…
>…more than FEAR.
When I die, one of my first questions for God is why he's given me such broken tastes.

And, it was so bad that they even pulled the game from availability and shut it down less than a year after release.

That's the case for a lot of titles. Take 'SFA as an example. Great Zelda-clone (For the first half), but a terrible follow up to the original SNES Star Fox game and 64.

nuPrey

Nothing to do with the original. Typical fucking Bethesda.

Speaking of which

THI4F

Still doesn't stop retards from shilling it on here

Witcher2
consolitis to max

Modded STALKER.

Shield your eyes.

What's so awful about RO2? It's true it's inferior to the original, but I don't see how it is complete garbage either

That and enemies are bullet sponges, taking multiple headshots even when they aren't wearing a helmet.

eh, accurate. i even tried to like KF2, it's so damned forgettable compared to KF1. some of the mechanics are even better - the shooting is somewhat better, if a bit too point and shoot - but the core gameplay is just butts.

Fear was a terrible unscary substandard shooter with little variety.

I'll disagree with you on KF2,i think it's a solid sequel,but to each their own.

Killed the franchise stone dead.

I think it's more to do with it being on the fucking Wii.

Rome 2 is great with mods now

I mean,as somebody who has a shitload of hours in both games,it feels the same,if you have a problem with the gameplay in kf2,you probably didnt like kf1.

Shit game, in no way evolved from the fucking pre-analogue PS1 original. Just unfun to play. Although I did find Arigami recently, which is a pretty good ninja stealth game, but it's just not the same.

And that's where you are wrong. KF2 is just plain goddamn boring as player is way too mobile, and the game thus becomes way too forgiving.

How about developers being lazy or incompetent faggots that made a borderline arcade WW2 game set in Stalingrad?

Way too forgiving? try saying that on suicidal or hell on earth,you NEED that mobility as the zeds go fucking buck wild with their speed.

2 also had a strange audio issue (at least on PC) where is always assumed you had surround sound even if you just had stero speakers. You can test if you've got it with the radio right near the start of the first mission: if it sound louder when you aren't facing the source of the music it's there and I still haven't found a way to fix it.

Fear 1 was a drab, dull corridor shooter that was sold on graphics alone. Almost no one completed it at the time, because they were bored out of their fucking minds of all the warehouses and offices maps which looked and played the same.

But you take your information from meme kids and they taught it was some kind of revolutionary event. So live in ignorance and become the current generation equivalent of the whiny kids who grew up with the N64 and infested imageboards for a decade about their lovely kiddy shooter Goldeneye.

FEAR did have shit level design but Extraction Point did fix this, the reason people played it was for the guns (I personally hate their desgins), AI, and lighting.

>not bloodborne
I swear, everyone was regarding it as the only ps4 game for the longest time and then I get to touch it on my consoletard brother's ps4 and it's dogshit. I'm guessing it was either a successful shilling campaign or ps4 owners assmad fromsoft started porting the games to PC.

Not really true. The only obviously worse part in 3 was the achievement popups. The only significantly better thing about 2 is the ghost pussy.