Path of Exile General

I ctr+f then manually scanned half the catalog, couldn't find one
Path of Exile General
Wiki: pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki
Trade site: poe.trade/
Useful utilities: github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases
github.com/xyzz/acquisition/releases
3.0 last I heard is dropping juneish

Question to start off the thread: How do you grind deliberately for currency as opposed to xp or advancing maps? I have about 1 ex to work with and a HOWA spectral throw raider.

Other urls found in this thread:

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system#Full_Rare_Sets
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mao_Kun
poedb.tw/ev.php
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1899919
poeplanner.com/AAcAAQc0DwCBuR0V7IrwxILpRrCrmy2-p2VNvTZHfoTZdcvqYs2YjX5DMdrBwzNaGnTtBS167y5T029M_04qW68NjYd2Sn1noOOf_MXuDu960359df66AF4Zju2DCC6jiiP2TZKNffljlcztP7vjxKLBBF8_FCDvDlBH9kiMzz38WGOpbsAaeA218jWS_o9N46ZXOuHYvf4K8kVvO3lod-MB3BXwBfmbJnpTYevPerIZMgHo1ud0bWw2PZ2qbIzrYxEvYqwbyM_d8YoPqxa_JpVh4lVLoSL0-KJAAdGv61W1ns3SIfJBggfZfFcN2WGtjc9-dqzqGPcyfNnsXISUiXF71KrNa9RiFyyUAAAAAAA=
poeplanner.com/AAcAAQU0LwCAuR0V7IrwxILpRrCrvqdlTb02R36E2XXL6mLNmI1-QzHawcMzWhp07QUteu8uU9NvTP9OKluvDY2Hdkp9Z6Djn_zF7g7vetN-fXX-ugBeGY7tgwguo4oj9k2SjX2748SiwQRfPxQg7w5QR_ZIjM89_FhjqW7AGngNtfI1kv6PTeOmVzrh2L3-CvJFbzt5aHfjAdwF-ZsmelNh6896shkyAejW53RtbDY9napsjOtjES9irBvIz93xig-rFr8mlWHiVUuhIvT4okAB0a_rVbWezdIh8kGCB9l8Vw3ZYa2Nz352rLVI-WNU_r3mFfBVhaXL7FyElIlxe9SqzWvUYhcslAAAAAAA
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1901674/page/1#p14501140
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, if you're mapping for the first time read this pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system#Full_Rare_Sets

You dont. The better you grind the more of everything you got. Just sell your shit.
Unless you want to play path of jew and make currency out of exchange rates.
And you can farm endgame content, but ability to farm it means you know how to make currency already. Also you can actually farm currency in that fairgraves map, but its not so good. Also you can utilize atlas to farm divine orbs, with corrupted strongboxes, bosses that drop corrupted items and such. But in the end you just farming. Also you can do atziri vaults, generally its profitable, but its just a gamble(you still will make more currency than you spend, but usually less than farmin regular maps, unless you are lucky).

Oh, you also can provide bosses service. Full team means 5*2 cahos orbs for a couple of minutes work if you are fast. But fast farming is the best way anyway.

What fairgraves map?

Had 80c, converted all my shit, had 240c. Flipped currency for a week, have 1400c now. Havent touched it in two weeks

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mao_Kun
Vid related.

Path of jew kills the fun.

This is what people recommend as good diablo clone? Wew. What the fuck with him teleporting around the map like some autistic naruto?

I don't think you play diablo.

So what exactly did you do? Speculation on price changing, or just buying currency x with currency y, selling x for z, and buying y with z?

Yeah just buying low and selling higher than what i paid for it. I let people come to me.

Any particular currencies I should focus on? I don't have the capital to mess with exalts (my current liquid assets MIGHT hit 2ex), so I will of course check all the valuable currency but does any of the trash work well?

Exalts are a trap, if you buy them you'll be sitting on them waiting for them to sell just to make 1 or 2c profit. You want to constantly be trading so volume trades are your friend.

Chromes and fusings are okay. Vaals are a bit better. I've found good demand for regrets, chisels, GCP and sometimes divines. Look at what people are doing on poe.trades currency section and offer similar prices.

3.0 fucking when

I used to trade jews. Purchasing 7 for chaos selling 9 for chaos. Trading in hundreds are the only way, trading less is waste of time for everyone.

Why does it have to be a general? Can't you just make a regular thread? You know Holla Forums is slow, right?

Because while I had a question (money) I am also interested in talking about 3.0, changes to DoT, helping people who are somehow newer than me, and getting help in unrelated areas.
I cannot think of any reason not to make a general thread.

How does this work?

Yeah jewelers suck. I bought 10 or 11 per c and sold at 12. You end up doing like 6 stacks for a chaos stack. A full inventory is like maybe 40 or 50c, lots of clicking and a waste of time

GCP have a 9% profit margin currently
Also I got a currency tab on sale in a moment of weakness

Actually, general in this context would be a general thread about something; eg, a Pokemon general would include the games, cards, anime, etc. PoE (and most games) don't really have more to discuss than the game itself.

At this point, a general is just a fancy title for any recurring thread about a game.

Oh, you're arguing semantics. I thought you retarded; turns out you're just a dick.

Not even that original user. Learn to IDs

That's good. If you make it public, then people using poe.trade will see the amount you have sitting there, so they can scale up their whisper requests and appropriate amount. Just be aware it takes a few minutes for changes to propagate to the website.

Also, if you get fucking slammed with PMs for an offer, you've probably set it way too low/high.

What I like to do is have a separate tab set up like pic related. When you have a public tab and set the note to say "~b/o X/Y chaos" (or whatever), poe.trade will make it appear to everyone on their site. What I've done here is set it up so that each item has a buy/sell to/from chaos orbs. As a mental reminder, I place the currency on the "inner" column to denote it's an active trade, and on the "outer" column to show its inactive, so I can easily track what I'm buying or selling at the moment

It's always fun when you fall for some jackass ignoring buy offers and selling for 10% of the value and get 20 PMs in 10 seconds.

Oh yeah that's the other thing to watch out for. If you send offers to people and they're routinely afk, they're probably just setting offers there to make it look like things are at a better price than they are, to manipulate the market a bit

This was a bad idea.

Its secrets of the path of the jew. Its always better to have a partner trading with 20% profits margin while you are trading with 12% margin. In Russia we even have anecdote about this.
Guy comes to a market and sees 2 traders selling apples. One for 1$ and other for 2$. He comes to a guy who sells for 2$.
-Hey you will never sell anything, with that guy selling them twice as cheap!
The seller says to other seller.
-Look, Moishe, this goy is trying to teach us commerce.

How many fusings do i need in order to make 5link chest jesus fucking christ. Also if anyone have 700-900es 6-5 linked chest please donate

Is it 150? 450? I forget the crafting cost to link them. 6L is 1500 though

100~ for 5l guaranteed, 1500+ for 6l. Or just purchase prophesy. Depends on luck, I made 6l with less than 600 fus.

Name a more noob build.

Pizza sticks.

why is everything so damn expensive 20chaos orbs for this prophecy omg.

Maybe. Does anyone play pizza sticks past 80-85 though?

That's pretty good.

lol poorfags

Yes. It scales stupidly well with gear.

I'm 84. It's easy as hell but I'm struggling with surviving breaches which sucks because they're my favorite part of this league.

Thanks for the info. I played to high 70s because I saved enough to get gear for my facebreaker warchief totems. I don't recommend it, totem delay makes me want to tear my eyes out and 5k life is not ES.

Did they bring naked ui girls back yet?
Did they add pants slot yet?
Did they remove p2w trading system yet?

Not yet. But soon.
Not ever.
Not ever. but they acknowledge it at least. And its less p2w and more pay to play.

OK, my trading is going pretty well now.
Two things: My currency tab and lack of premiums will be a big limiting factor as I ramp up business and I as a semi proficient EVE trader I am really interested in the differences between the two games.
I no longer have to babysit trades that have multiple day's worth of demand for an item lowering it .01 isk every 5 minutes, and I can get a competitive edge despite having a higher price by responding faster and by having my rate reduced to the lowest possible fraction.
Being able to only buy 6 things with one currency is going to suck, though, as you get 1 regular slot and 5 auxiliary ones.

Got a fuckload of shit Uniques, no space on my stash and no 5:1 prophecy. Wat do?

Honestly PoE really needs this. Right now people are running out of gem slots.

Sell the biggest ones

I've been wanting to go back to PoE for a few weeks now. But I'm not sure if I should bother when the new "expansion" sized update or whatever you want to call it is out in ~ 2 months.
Should I just wait a bit?

Well this league ends in 3 weeks, beta for 3.0 starts in early June, and 3.0 release sometime in mid July. A lot of builds are going to be radically different or not viable in 3.0 so you might want to try them before they're nerfed, I guess.

Roll alts and mule loot on them.

Question about sifting through loot
Currently my method is using an autohotkey thing that tells me what the affix roll is relative to the max, and I check and if several of them are close to the max I will then look and see if they have any synergy, and only then do I even consider not vendoring it. Is this a smart way to sort? How do you handle the avalanche of rares?

Just fucking vendor them.

With a loot filter.

I wish someone would take the PoE gear design and Dragon Nest/C9/Kritika combat and make it into one game. That game would be GOTY for me

Holy G-d flipping currency is more fun than the game itself.
I am providing a valuable service to you go- guys, right?
In other news I fucked up a single trade due to putting a fraction backwards and lost 20c

Update on Path of Jew: My 130-150 c is now about 390

There's no thought involved in playing PoE. Naysayers will comment on D2 being about Teleporting around with your Enigma, but those are just idiots who are too young to remember the glory days of pre-1.10 days. To those idiots, D2 is just about leeching off of others until you get 85-90 and then you just spam Countess runs for your runewords and trade your shit away on that one forum that I forget the name of.

To people who had actually been playing the game well before 1.10 hit and ruined everything, the game started in A1 normal when you stepped in the Blood Moor and ended when you killed Hell Diablo or Baal. The journey was made the game great. Grinding to 99 and/or endlessly farming Diablo/Baal/Cows was just fluff for the autists.

This is why I don't like PoE all that much. All of the story, acts, characters and voice acting are nice, but there's no depth to the combat so you just run around and annihilate everything until you can start mapping endlessly. It's as if the devs who made PoE sat down and said to themselves: "you know what made D2 great? grinding! so we'll name our company Grinding and make a grinding game with appeal to players who liked D2!". Shame they forgot that Playing D2 was about dodging Lightning Enchanted bolts, killing Fire/Cold Enchanted mobs at range, making sure not to get surrounded by Fanatism/Might boss packs, not getting caught in a bad spot by Holy Freeze aura. It was about using your defensive and crowd control abilities, analyzing the information on the screen so you wouldn't get caught in a bad situation, picking your fights and generally playing well. Path of Exile is just "spam your one attack skill endlessly while spamming flasks"; you don't make decisions while playing other than to get out of the big telegraphed 1 shot attacks some bosses do.

You know that everything in yout post gets invalidated by playing skelemancer, hammerdin or trapassin, right? Mostly because in earlier patches you could do stuff like using Blood Golem and Iron Maiden, and that made you effectively immortal. In fact, I scratched my balls from Rakanishu to Hell Baal using Iron Maiden to deal with mobs, Decrepify against bosses, and mindless Corpse Explosions in Hell.
You could make a case about how Izaro's Labyrinth is better designed than everything in Diablo 2, considering a bunch of forced areas in Diablo were a complete slog, like the Maggot Lair, everything Travincal related, or the Throne of Destruction (Bloodmana = You're dead).
Diablo 2 is just as mindless as PoE, the only difference is that instead of gambling for rares in Harrogath, you gamble for slots, links, and colors using disposable currency.

Skelemancers had to use proper positioning and had to make great use of curses to survive. Blood Golem/Iron Maiden was stupid, slow stacking was OP against bosses, CE was crazy good; those were outliers though. Hammerdins, FO Sorcs and Trapsins still had to play the game and be careful, especially before they were decked out in absolutely amazing gear. That was my point: you actually had to play the game instead of just clearing the whole screen instantly without care or worry. Sure, the more OP/cookier-cutter D2 builds were fast and furious once you got enough gear, but you STILL had to be careful and you STILL had to watch out for mods on bosses and you STILL had to care about your positioning. All of that is irrelevant in PoE outside of unique bosses.

Let me put it another way. D2's combat had you gradually speed up as your character progressed but the road was littered with speed bumps that you had to maneuver around and against. PoE's combat is just a straight road and the only thing you can do is go as fast as possible.

I still think that you're being unfair with PoE. You need more character positioning and attack dodging depending on your build than D2, for example, totem builds, summoner builds, mine builds and spectral throw builds. And the only speed bumps you had in older D2 versions were picking the right skills instead of the flashier but subpar ones located down the skill tree. Assassin, Necromancers and Druids are the worst offenders of this.
The thing is that is far more easier to get killed in D2 because the game suddenly decided to fuck you up (perma-stun Yetis in the Frozen River, hordes of fast Scarabs in the Far Oasis, random Mepho ball, random Diablo firehose, perma-stun snakes in the Claw Viper temple, exploding minions in Harrogath, exploding fetishes, a succubus using a curse from beyond the screen borders, a *pssh nothing personnel* teleporting Izual, Duriel, and a long fucking etc) than in PoE, since the deaths in PoE are mostly fault of the player. If you get killed in PoE, you were killed because you did something retarded, like jumping head-first in the middle of a reflect mob, not because the game suddenly decided that Diablo had to charge at you and then use the lightning firehose before you had the chance to react, or an Iron Maiden while you were spinning as a Barb.
I still think that Izaro's Labyrinth is more memorable than anything D2 related, except for the Chaos Sanctuary.

I have mine optimized for the rare vendor recipe that yields 2 chaos, plus the other vendor recipes. I tend to avoid the weapons and body armors because they are the more common ones; when my stash is almost full, I should have a good handful of jewelry (the limiting factor, usually) and start to grab the other types to purge everything.

Then again, I only really got good enough to do T5-T7 maps comfortably.

Good job user. I managed to see increases between 8-10% daily. Though, the rate of return will kind of slow down as you get more, since you'll have to do bigger trades in order to maintain that %-based growth. I mean, you'll still make however many chaos a day, but it will be a smaller amount compared to your maximum currency.

I guess at that point, it's better to convert some to ex's and try to flip the big things. I once bought The Anima Stone for like 280c and resold it for like 292 or something … Then a few days later I tried again and it crashed to like 250 or 260 in the meantime.

Another thing you could do is look at things like Berek's rings. See if you can buy the component pieces cheaper than The Taming sells for, for example. Took a few minutes and came out 10c richer after having it listed for a few hours.

Not getting surrounded/hit and run, using crowd control abilities
maxed LR, mobility to avoid the bolts, crowd control
Not being a glass cannon, maxed CR (did it have a bit of lightning dmg? can't remember)
Maxed LR, wearing a piece or two of -magic and -dmg gear, moving out of the way during the tell
Good crowd control, divide and conquer, not moving around like an idiot
Never been an issue for any build with a decent amount of life and maxed resists
One at a time, use ranged attacks or use crowd control
thats-so-wizard-with-more-mana-than-health.jpg
Uber-Izual is post-1.10 trash, well after the game had gone to shit.
The lag was the main issue and the fact that it takes for fucking ever because of Holy Freeze

Most of the stuff you're talking about could be avoided or mitigated into being manageable with proper gear and skills. The only real bullshit things were Teleport + Fire Enchanted mobs teleporting on your face as they died and MSLEBs which was not only too much, but also created invisible bolts due to a bug. And dealing with these mechanics was a big part of the game since you had to gear, skill and fight with these mobs in mind. What mobs in PoE do interesting stuff? The zombies that drop tar when they die? Necromancers raising undead?

You can't do jack shit if the Yetis get you first, and depending on your build you don't have crowd control.
You can't dodge bolts when you hit Scarabs on melee, elemental capping is also a thing in PoE.
See above.
Also see above. And the red hose did also fire damage, forcing you to max at least two resistances or get turned to ash. And don't ever think about using that TP to go back to the fight, since Diablo traps your TPs using bone cages.
See the first memearrow. :^)
Most of the viable D2 builds are "enough stats for your endgame equipment and dump everything on vitality", except for the energy shield sorcs. At least the builds in PoE are diverse, fun to make and fun to play.
At this point, there are so many enemies that fuck you up in melee that going melee is simply not viable.
"Hey, I'm going to play something that doesn't get fucked as much as the melee builds… At least until Act 5 where I'll be unable to continue because there is no way to counter Bloodmana."
Well, that's true.
Pre 1.09 Duriel was able to kill you before the level loaded completely, and his aura pierced "Cannot be frozen" equipment. The fact that it was nerfed wasn't because of the lag, it was because he was OP as fuck.

Now, as mobs that do interesting stuff. In act 1, you have Hillock, an undead giant with a sword stuck on him, that takes the sword off and begins attacking you with it in the middle of the fight. You have The Faun, a goatman that leaps down on a mountain over you and kills everything around it after falling. You have Brutus, a monster that creates spikes on the ground and uses chains to grab you and move you over them. You have the "daughters" of the boss of the act, and you can hear her "mother" scream when you kill them. And the act boss which is also memorable.
And that's only the act 1. Which mobs were memorable in D2? Blood Raven and Andariel were good, but Rakanishu, The Countess, the Inifuss tree Yetis and the Smith were nothing but recolored enemies.

Paladins have Holy Freeze, Barbarians have Howl/Grim Totem, Assassins have Cloak of Shadows, Amazons have throwing spear skills to fall back on and Druids fucking suck at melee, so fuck Druids
Melee builds tend to have enough life and life leech to survive normal scarabs once they reach A2 nightmare. Scarabs were only ever a real threat in normal due to being unlikely to have decent LR once you got to A2 and once they made CE/FE give extra elemental damage to the bolts
With capped FR/LR - which anyone should have by then - the breath won't hurt that bad in normal. By NM and Hell it becomes much less of an issue, too.
Summoner Necro is the only build I can think of that has a real problem with those. Maybe Trapsin, but I never had to TP back to town for Diablo when playing as one.
Everyone has either decent crowd control, ranged attacks or escape skills to deal with these situations. Except Druids. Fuck Druids.
Maxing out your resists is something you do as you progress through the game - assuming untwinked play. You gamble, craft and find loot as you go and if you hit a roadblock, you can just go back and farm for a few hours and get some decent upgrades and maybe a level or two. Unlike PoE, farming in D2 is viable in a LOT of different areas in every act and in every difficulty. But then again, in PoE you can just spam alchs on whites and hope you get something decent, another form of gambling.
D2 had a high amount of builds available. Even Paladins, the most boring class in the game, had Smite for boss killing, FoH for PvP, Vengeance and Zeal for generic melee, Sanctuary for undead hunting/Pindle (more of a thing in later patches when Sanctuary got buffed) and Vigor for vendor farming. Every vanilla class was like that as they all had a fair amount of builds going for them.
Careful play. Advance slowly, use doorways, bait with summons, etc.
There's a simple counter to that shit: either get more health, get less mana or kill slower while chugging health pots.

You're not understanding my argument. Let me make it clearer: mobs in PoE present little to no challenge, are utterly uninteresting, present the player with no decision making and aren't tactically interesting. Again, pretty much every mob (not boss, normal mobs that come in normal, magic or rare variety) does nothing of value or interest. You don't fight against them, you just delete them from the screen once they show up. You could replace almost every mob in the game with a cube that either melees or shoots with a bow/wand and outside of tiny amount of exceptions, the combat would remain the same. Again, combat in PoE is tedious because mobs don't fight back and that's extremely boring.

Explain how farming can be viable in a particular area when all the loot drops are randomized? Youre saying this applies to gear, so blues or rares.

Maybe dont stack up so much damage so that they live longer? If you can clear trash in one or two hits, youre either using an unethical meme build that will get nerfed hard, or stacking all your points into damage and will die when someone sneezes on you 40+, to say nothing of endgame mapping

Because you can actually find good loot while killing monsters in D2, while in PoE all you get is currency until you get to maps.

I got up to T9-10 maps without struggling with a self-made build. Face tanked Izaro and that act 4 boss like a champ, too.

Now that I have a budget of about 5 ex what build should I do?
This league I've done icestorm and spectral throw. I'd prefer something with fast clearspeed.

Should I just fuck off and play some Grim Dawn? If I wanted to play a jew simulation then I would play FFXIV again and just corner the marketboards again. I just don't find trading with the goyim any fun anymore

Just make money the "normal way go- user. And make sure to exchange currency for ones you need more.

I think you missed the part where I don't want to jew the goyim. As soon as I begin trading I will start going full yid and try to obtain the biggest profit margins with what I have. I just want to farm maps and test builds without dealing with retards that want to trade their 50 chromatic orbs for a divine orb. I just want a modern fucking diablo clone that isn't fucking torchlight 2.

Then don't trade. Although I wouldn't recommend ticking the option for solo self-found, it is always there if you are too weak willed to stop yourself from trading.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

call me when the new acts are added.

I am weak. That's why I don't play much online games. I either take it too far or I am an ultra casual. I just want to play video games.

Well then tick the option for solo self-found in character creation

But isn't the game's balance based on trading?

There are plenty of builds you can make that are still good without having to trade. What it simply means is that you will largely be wearing rare items instead of getting everything unique and leaving only two rares.

This is true, except PoE's story is also hamfisted. PoE is a big believer in the lore-dump school of storytelling, which is an abomination. On the D2 front, you talk a lot about tactical considerations, but I think D1 did that much better than D2 did. D2 was practically a different (and much easier) game when it came to tactical gameplay.

Hillock is a joke defeated by right click spam while you stand in place. I'll admit it sets the tone for the game, but not in a good way, and the only reason anyone remembers Hillock is because he's the first boss you always run into. Speaking of introductory bosses, there was also Hailrake, an optional boss, but they nerfed the shit out of him from the days when he was known as Hailrape because he made the noobs cry with his high damage ice spears which could crit freeze and kill you if you weren't careful. I'm also tired of Path of Exile making fucking every boss spawn adds because the bosses are balanced around AoE skills and easily recharging potions / vaal skills. There was a time when single-target skills were a serious option in PoE but they started making everything into a pile of giant mob packs that you were supposed to grind down with AoEs for some shitty reason.

PoE also has the dubious accomplishment of introducing some environmental hazards long after the game adapted to everyone and their grandmother having 1-3 movement skills in addition to giant piles of move speed, thus making environmental hazards a complete joke which are only good for killing Animate Guardian builds and Spectres.

Self-made builds are fine in Path of Exile. It's just that casuals can't make anything decent without a build guide in front of them. Honestly to me making builds is the only fun part of Path of Exile.

Do not hit them.

Yep, theorycrafting in most cases are more interesting than actually playing builds. But may be its only because I played too much of it already. Random oneshot rips are not helping either.

Random build shit I realized: Trickster Scion is a lot more powerful if you give her Eldritch Battery and Blood Magic (support gem or keystone, either one works), since the Trickster Scion has "20% more chance to Evade while on full Energy Shield" and you will always be on full energy shield.

Other shit: I think with Resolute Technique + Romira's Banquet + Voll's Devotion + 2x Powerlessness every single hit you make will generate an endurance charge, which is great if you want to go permanent Immortal Call. I think bladefall and firestorm builds in particular can rack up a lot of hits fast if you really need it.

Build also needs Tulfall, sorry. You see with Tulfall you lose all power charges whenever you reach maximum power charges (which is 1) and gain 1 frenzy charge, at which point you also collect 1 endurance charge from Voll's Devotion. So you hit (which cannot crit) and collect 1 power charge (banquet), which you instantly lose (tulfall), which grants you +1 frenzy (tulfall) and +1 endurance charge (voll's devotion).

Easy endless frenzy and endurance charge generation. I think you could generate 2 charges per hit if you're willing to wear double Romira's.

Lol. 20% more useless shit. So much power for a 2 keynodes on opposite sides of the tree. Evasion is completely fucking useless.
Also fucking tricster scion is one of the most useless things ever. Some regular nodes give you more.

Now you have a couple of charges while investing in passives that dont give you anything and while spending a shitton of passives.
Bladefall/firestorm build is sure is great! Too bad weapon dont give you any damage, and frenzy charges are not consumed fast enough to justify investment in them compared to a fucking bloodrage that gives you a shitton of frenzy charges. Was being useless part of your plan? Why not just wear random items and pick random passives instead? 3 fucking item slots, 2 fucking jewels and a few regular passive slots for what? 12% more cast speed? While losing around 100% increased damage from regular wand plus possible 25% increased cast speed? Cant you fucking understand difference between smart interesting build and picking passives at random because you cant see what is good and what is bad? investing a shitton for a fucking 12% more cast speed while you can have same effect for a fucking free is not a good deal. For the price you pay for it you can just invest in fucking ES/HP or a fucking spell duration. Basically anything is better than this. Unless you think that ramira+vill is something new and exiting. Especially after they nerfed Immortal call.
You need 6-7 endurance charges for permanent immortall call if you will cast it with perfect timing every time. And it will be useful only on someone who only uses physical damage. While every fucking boss uses split damage.

Are you a fucking retard? Blood Magic keystone is an option but not actually recommended. BM builds usually fill the mana pool with auras/heralds and use blood magic supports for their skills. All you really need is the Eldritch Battery keystone.

As for evasion, evasion is underrated. I know a lot of idiots make glass evasion builds which will eventually get hit for massive damage and die or just get hit by spells and die, but that's not the fault of the evasion stat. That's the fault of the idiot who thought life nodes and other defenses are overrated. You can get your evasion chance up to 95% making it night impossible to get hit by anything (and even less likely to get crit, since the game uses crit confirmation rolls which also have to hit). Bear in mind that this is an evasion chance multiplier, not an evasion rating multiplier, so you only need 79.167% evasion chance to reach the 95% cap with this setup. If all you want is ranged evasion chance, it's even easier with Arrow Dodging since you will only need 56.548% chance pre-multiplier this way. I'm not sure if you're a softcore player or not but pimping defenses is pretty solid.

On the permanent immortal call front, Tulfall gives +(10-15)% cast speed and +(10-15)% increased Cold Damage per Frenzy Charge. You don't actually need to go firestorm or bladefall either. You can also skip the Tulfall and get Malachai's Loop, but you will need another Powerlessness and you will be shocked all the time, so you will either want shock immunity or just equip Maligaro's Restraint to get bonuses out of being shocked. That said it was mostly theorycrafting for a post-nerf permanent immortal call.

Also how the fuck you will know what chance to evade you fucking have? Remind me of people who think that they can tank everything with 10k armor because charscreen says that they are invulnerable.
Evasion is shit. Investing in evasion means you are not investing in good shit instead. Have you fucking played the game? The only way to play is to have giant HP/ES pool or you die from 1 hit. Investing in evasion means you are not investing in hp. Not only you have low HP you also always take full damage from spells with physical damage and everything else. So you investing into something that did not fucking work. Yes it could help! But you WILL FUCKING GET HIT AND THIS HIT CAN FUCKING ONESHOT YOU AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. Having more evasion means you have less HP. And for the love of god I hope you are not making ES/EV hybrid. Even investing in HP is usually not the best choice, but investing into fucking evasion and not into HP is the fucking worst idea possible.

Or you can just use rare wand with +100% increased damage +25% cast speed.
Its like you hate good items. Are you trying to make a 1c build or something?
>belt ring amul +2 jewel slots and weapon/shield slot just to gain free endurance charges and frenzy charges while frenzy charges are free with bloodrage
You dont fucking understand that nothing is free except bloodrage on es character and having something good, means trading something else for it. Having Evasion means you will have not enough HP and you cant have enough HP in poe, even in best case scenario with 10k hp it comparable to mediocre cheap ES build. And you cant have fucking 80% evasion because evasion have diminishing returns.
chance to evade = 1-attacker accuracy no values is known by players/(attacker accuracy+(your evasion/4)^0.8)

Evasion builds aren't armor builds. You can break 30k evasion readily enough, which combined with Arrow Dodging in this build should be enough to cap evasion for 95% evade chance (not counting acrobatics/block) against all ranged attacks because multipliers are ridiculous like that. The ease of stacking high evasion is part of the reason why the heaviest armor builds are typically Iron Reflexes builds. Without Arrow Dodging you might need like 50k evasion, which means you're running a Jade Flask of Reflexes most likely, but at least you will evade 95% of melee attacks too.

This logic only applies to bad players. Contrary to what you are claiming, it is very doable to stack both evasion and life if you pay attention (especially ever since they redesigned ranger evasion nodes to also give life to mitigate this problem), plus decent players will top off physical resist with things like endurance charges, a chaos golem, and maybe wear something like Kintsugi to remove the chance of getting oneshot. If they're melee builds they should be able to maintain fortify as well. There's also the option of using a Basalt Flask. If you're doing an evasion build that is not Trickster Scion (Trickster Shadow would be fine), you could even go Mind Over Matter to help you soak big hits.

You okay there, son? You seem like you're about to have an aneurysm. If you want to go es/evasion you need to go Trickster Shadow and keep a bloodrage up so you always have more evasion chance.

It also gives +15% movespeed, son. But I was mostly just throwing mentioning it since the build is already giving you perma-shock. You could just go for shock immunity.

Feel free to quote the part where I said it's "free endurance charges." Oh wait, I never said that. I know you're busy getting your rant on but try to remember what you're talking about here.

Actually bloodrage has been reworked to do physical damage instead of chaos and it does 4% of life and es in physical damage. It's been that way since fucking 2.0 dude. You can and should overcome it with things like Ghost Reaver and Zealot's Oath but Bloodrage is only free with permanent Immortal Call now.

Can you confirm whether a successful dodge/block will reset the evasion entropy counter?

I've gotten mixed feedback on whether or not it works with Dodge (I reckon it does) but Block definitely resets the entropy counter. I believe the rolls go Evasion->Dodge->Block so if you dodge or block it resets the entropy counter, but I haven't quite gotten confirmation on whether dodge works (if it doesn't, that would make the strongly enforced evasion+acrobatics combo shitty, since you will just immediately get hit through entropy once you stop dodging). To my understanding, there dodge+evasion builds that can just stand in some low level mobs firing line and take over 100 attacks while never getting hit so that would mean dodge does reset the entropy counter, plus dodge and evasion are meant to synergize.

On a side note Reckless Defense works okay with evasion since attacks roll a second hit roll to see if the attack crits or not (so attacks can only crit 5% of the time when they do hit if you have 95% evade, so basically 1 in 400 attacks should crit you, assuming they somehow have 100% crit chance and you don't dodge or block it), but spell crits can ruin your day. At least Reckless Defense should give you a good spell block, but it might be a risky approach overall since spells are already evasion's weak point, but you could try stacking block on top dodge to reach 75% spellblock on top of 75% spelldodge at which point you should only take damage from 6.25% of spells. Saffel's Frame would probably work best as your shield there, since it gives you +4% max resists and 80% of block chance applied to spellblock (but you can't block attacks… which we're not worried about). With a few Reckless Defense jewels and block passives you should get some ridiculous spellblock conversion letting you obtain 75% spellblock even with your acrobatics penalty. For spell dodge with Atziri's Step and Hyrri's Ire (which are very good evasion items, but it does mean you're not wearing Kintsugi which has much worse evasion) and a 10% spelldodge Hinekora's Sight you should have 66% spelldodge at all times which after 75% spellblock makes an 8.5% chance you will get hit by a spell (which has to roll a high chance of critting you, but less than 1 in 20 spells should be able to both land and crit you unless you have 6+ reckless defense jewels). A single Quartz Flask (or Vaal Grace) will top you off to 75% spelldodge though. Maxing out to 75% spellblock will still be troublesome though.

If you're going Arrow Dodging build with just 30k evasion your melee evasion should hover around 55-60%. If you skipped Arrow Dodging and got addicted to Jade Flask of Reflexes, you should basically almost never get hit. Despite all of that you will still want chaos golem, endurance charges, a lot of life nodes (at least +180%, I'd say), and fortify if melee. You don't want to get a physical oneshot from the scary bosses. At least, I always play hardcore.

And after all that you will still need an attack skill. Ele Wanding is actually an option since the nodes are right next to Eldritch Battery and you have weapon elemental damage and projectile nodes.

Hm, something to think about.

You do not know how charscreen works.
Filtered.

Alright, I got an evasion calculator here: poedb.tw/ev.php

Looks like you would need 77.5k evasion for 95% melee evade against a level 84 mob (Shaper). That will require a hefty bit of investment although it's still doable to cap evasion (but you'll probably want an evasion shield here). Meanwhile if all you want is 95% ranged evasion, 21k will have you covered, which honestly makes hybrid evasion builds really viable. If you want CI evasion you should just go Trickster Shadow and make some Ghost Reaver + Zealot's Oath build with Bloodrage to keep your ES below maximum at all times (that's how Trickster Shadow gets 20% more evasion chance) and profit off of frenzy charges. Level 21 Grace + at least level 3 empower with Jade Flasks of Reflexes means you won't even need any evasion gear to cap ranged evasion (esp. if you take the Witch's flask effect nodes). If you are going to wear evasion gear, Alpha's Howl is probably decent since it pumps auras and gives you freeze immunity, but you should really gear like your average CI build for the most part.

no

I think if we're abusing Jade Flask of Reflexes as a Scion, we should equip The Retch, and get the Flask Duration/Effect/Charges passives, then get a 20% Alchemist's Flask of Reflexes. A single use should last 7.632 seconds (or 8.016 with a Conqueror's Potency jewel) and give you +4710 evasion and +157% increased evasion rating. You would need 30 (26? with flask charge reduction passive) charges per sip, and generate 110% charges per kill (160% if you also went Pathfinder Scion). Alternative you could just get a rare belt with reduced flask charges used and increased flask effect duration. You'll just have to pot more frequently. I think if you go crazy on gearing evasion and grace with a jade flask like this up, you should only need about +300% increased evasion (less once you factor the dexterity bonus). +400% if you're skipping the evasion shield, but you will want to get at least level 23 grace and max the flask. It is very doable though.

If you're playing CI/Evasion Trickster Shadow with Arrow Dodging you should probably just go 20% Experimenter's Flask of Reflexes since capping ranged evasion is not a problem so really just get duration and make life easier. You can still fiddle with belts and passives to make the flasks easier to manage though.

It won't, dodge is an entirely separate mechanism from evasion.

You seem to have misunderstood the question and logic at hand. We're not thinking that somehow Dodge has an entropy counter which will reset Evasion's entropy counter. We know Dodge and Block don't use entropy. The question is whether a hit that slips through evasion (and thus resets the entropy counter) can be dodged, or if dodge is processed before evasion. If it is the former, then you can dodge the hit that slips through evasion and evade the rest again. If it is the latter, then dodged hits cannot reset your entropy counter, so once the entropy counter assigns you a hit, you can dodge a hit but the next hit still won't be evaded. This combination would mean your only reward for dodging when entropy is maxed is that the next hit will land anyway (unless you dodge that one too) because of entropy. On the other hand since you are processing dodge before evasion at least your dodge chance will drag out the evasion entropy chain since dodged hits wouldn't increment evasion entropy either (so with 75% dodge and 95% evasion you would get hit extremely regularly in something like 60-90 hits tops because entropy is only affected 25% of the time, but your entropy will eventually max out and you will have left is dodge until you get hit). If, on the other hand, dodge is processed post-evasion, then entropy is incremented 100% of the time but if you dodge the hit, the entropy counter resets, leading to a more irregular tempo where you might avoid hits for well over 120 consecutive attacks or get hit every 20 if you're unlucky. At the very least block does reset entropy, since it is calculated last.

I haven't played PoE in ages, but seeing this talk about evasion makes me curious. Did they ever add any mechanics to prevent evasion builds from getting completely facefucked by physical spells?

I would like to know more. I was interested in evasion when I first picked up PoE because I didn't know it was entropy based. If dodge and block reset the entropy counter, that would make evasion significantly more attractive.

nope. Basically how the game boils down to is "do you have enough HP/ES for when your evasion/armor fails you, and it will a lot"

OK, then are evasion builds still soft capped at around 5.5k HP due to the tree?

I've seen evasion builds with 7-8k IIRC, it's been a month or so though. But they still get splatted if they get a bad run of luck.
Last I heard max'd ES is like 20k or something silly, but I never play ES so I'm not sure

I am kind of glad one niche spell type counters it because no build should be perfect defensively.

How do you increase block chance when running Dodge? Since you take big penalty and stuff. Reckless Defense?

There's a few more sources of physical resistance now. Basalt Flasks, Chaos Golem, maybe some ascendancies, and you can get damage reduction from the new Kintsugi unique (which has lousy evasion for an evasion chest piece tbh and doesn't give you dodge like Hyrri's Ire does or large piles of movespeed like Queen of the Forest can) and fortify condition. Generally you should also sport some endurance charges and a high amount of life to avoid oneshots. Or you could actually attempt the armor/evasion hybrid, in which case you should probably wear The Brass Dome as your chest piece (because it has a ginormous amount of armor and you will never take extra damage from crits, but it nukes your block something fierce). Juggernaut Marauder gets double armor from chest and +1 endurance charge, so he's a candidate, especially if you combo Juggernaut with Veruso's Battering Rams for shock and stun immunity, but Trickster Scion and Trickster Shadow get 20% more evasion chance with the right setup, saving a ginormous amount of evasion.

Overall though physical spells are your achilles heel because once they hit they will hit hard. You can spelldodge and spellblock them down though. The build I mentioned above should dodge/block 91.5% of spells. I think you can do crazier with Vaal Grace and Anvil amulet, capping out at 94.5% chance of dodging/blocking spell hits. You can also wear Belt of the Deceiver for a nice damage boost (intimidated enemies take 10% increased damage) and reduced crit damage to mitigate the risk.

If you're dedicated to running around with Basalt Flask all the time (which is more a thing for CI builds than evasion builds) I think you can break like 50% physical reduction with just 4 endurance charges, a chaos golem, and those flask effect nodes the witch gets. On the other hand you can get a shitload of evasion with a jade flask so if you're going to keep one flask on all the time as an evasion build, you might want to cap that evade chance.

No. You can break 8k hp with an evasion build, and you should generally invest health to avoid getting oneshot. The trouble is just that most people who play evasion are idiots and probably softcore idiots at that. In hardcore everyone understands the importance of stacking life or energy shield. You can also just cap your ranged evasion chance and play a CI Trickster Shadow as detailed above. That way you can enjoy a fuckhuge pile of ES behind your evasion, since it is possible to cap ranged evasion chance without any evasion gear (other than a Jade Flask of Reflexes) this way.

The easiest way is to just play a Necromancer Witch and self-buff with Bone Offering. Maxing dodge and block as a Necro Witch can be a joke. Other than that Reckless Defense + Saffel's Frame (You can use Anvil or Stone of Lazhwar for more block, but you'd lose out on Hinekora's Sight that way). This sacrifices your ability to block attacks which is fine with giant piles of evasion evasion + dodge in exchange for better max resists and spellblock. You could also give up your weapon slot for an Advancing Fortress (+50 life, +110 evasion, +15% block chance) but you might want to do damage with that slot. Reckless Defense is fine when you have huge piles of evasion, dodge, spelldodge, and spellblock because the odds of anything managing to crit you will be stupidly low anyway.

If you have good dodge from gear and increased aura effect, you can just skip the Acrobatics and its penalties and use Vaal Grace to top yourself off to 75% dodge and spelldodge.

k

Anyone know how viable Mirror Arrow summoner/trapper is against Shaper in 2.6?

What the fuck I didn't even know these existed

That sounds like a really dumb and shitty build. You could probably pull it off id you had really good yellows but why would you even want to?

Welp, got everything more or less set up for my RF build except jewelry and a belt which I'll need to round out my res with.
Other than resistance what are the most important affixes to look out for? I guess ES (doing low life) and fire/burning/spell damage?

Mirror arrow summoner/trapper is actually really good, the problem is that it only starts feeling satisfying near the end of cruel due to the fact that the damage dealt is only scaled by your base weapon damage and minion damage. For Shaper and Guardians people would get Minion Instability for dank as fuck ignites but that resulted in GGG nerfing its health by 80% and giving it 80% reduced damage taken instead to prevent it from destroying everything. And since not that many people play Mirror Arrow as their main skill, it is hard to find any information on Shaper viability.

Also should be noted
>it only scales off of the bow+quiver you use, modifiers to minion damage and auras because despite being identical in apperance, they are still minions I really don't get why Ancestral Warchief and Siege Ballista scale perfectly in relation to your own damage but Mirror Arrow only scales with those two things, in terms of how the game works it makes sense but from the end-user's perspective it is still a fucking retarded decision
Although it is an incredible pain in the ass to scale the damage the minions deal, it still manages to get great damage and decent survivability by having twenty stationary meatshields active simultaneously. It's just that I don't want to take a good build that is only good up to guardians+shaper.

HMM: Xoph's Nurture + Emberwake + The Taming + Herald of Ash + Writhing Jar

Might want herald of ice, hatred, and hrimburn in there. Anyway, should be a potent wormblaster. I wonder if you can layer multiple prolifs?

Misread Conqueror's Potency there. It doesn't extend flask duration, it gives +8% flask effect, which amounts to +240 evasion and +8% increased evasion on a Jade Flask of Reflexes.

Oh right, there's also Arctic Armor. If you're standing still you will take 13% less physical and fire damage.

It's much better to just make an Iron Commander build. On a sidenote, you can get an unholy amount of evasion with that much dex, so Trickster + Pathfinder Scion is an option, especially since it gives you +60 dex. You should probably wear Hyrri's Ire as your chestpiece then, since it has good evasion and the ele damage and dex are good for the totems.

When the fuck is pathfinder not always an option for a majority of builds. It's OP as fuck

Wait, we should also get Berek's Respite on this. If you kill and ignite I think you should be able to get at least 3 aoe ignites before counting an elemental prolif support gem (more if you're also getting ignites from herald of ice + hrimburn)?

I guess you should mostly stack raw elemental damage like the grand spectrum viridian jewels.

Woops. In this case I actually meant deadeye scion, not pathfinder. I mixed the names up.

Herald of Ash ignites can stack with Emberwake.

How solo friendly is PoE? If i wanna solo the whole game or just play a few pickup groups for grinding endgame can i still do that and enjoy it?

There are new solo only league and its popular. Everyone is playing solo.

Solo is perfectly viable. For the last five endgame bosses not so much (unless you abuse the meta or go for super overpowered builds) but other than that you should be fine.

ssf btw

That's not what I mean.

What I mean is if you get Xoph's Nurture unique + Elemental Proliferation support gem + Beacon of Ruin from elementalist ascendancy, do you prolif 3 ignites for every regular ignite inflicted or can you only prolif once per ignite?

You can ignite enemies with the same ignite only once (meaning no stacking through proliferation), since otherwise you could have pic related happen

Block resets entropy for sure. I think dodge also resets it, but I'm not sure.

Well that really depends on the prolif code (a proliferated condition should not re-proliferate), but yeah, I expect you can only prolif once per ignite. So just stick to Xoph's Nurture I guess. Another question would be whether with hrimburn you would double ignite (on fire and cold) or have a single combined ignite.

This is why D3 was actually at least half-decent at launch. Yes the RMAH was an abomination, but ultimately any grinding you went through only existed to help you on your way through to Inferno Diablo and along the way you were always up against mechanically difficult encounters.

What D3 is now however is exactly the same as what D2 became and what PoE has always been. Grind for the sake of grind.

Ah, I see. From what I understand, the entropy is reset upon failing the evasion roll. Since evasion is rolled before dodge, that doesn't necessarily mean you take damage.

Didn't mean to post yet, but what I was going to say is if the evasion roll fails, and the entropy counter resets based on that, having a high enough dodge chance would result in an extremely low chance of getting hit overall due to dodge rolling after evasion.

Correct. But if dodge is rolled before evasion, the entropy counter will not reset when a hit is dodged. Because in that case dodged hits also would not be evaded (and therefore wouldn't increment entropy), you would just expect to get hit very regularly every 80 or so hits if you had a 1 in 20 chance of failing to evade and 1 in 4 chance of not dodging, because you already dodged 75% of the otherwise evaded hits that would've incremented entropy normally. So either way dodge+evasion has its synergies.

From what I heard D3 was total shit at launch too, and not just because of the RMAH insanity. Complaints ranged from destroying the Diablo feel, having tons of worthless voice acting and cutscenes, and being an incredibly boring clickfest of a game.

Correct. If dodge is rolled before evasion, the entropy counter will not reset when a hit is dodged. But in that case, dodged hits would also avoid evasion (ergo, dodges would also avoid incrementing entropy and thus increase the number of attacks it would take before their entropy score maxes out), so you would just expect to get hit very regularly every 80 or so hits (with some random variance) if you had a 1 in 20 chance of failing to evade and 1 in 4 chance of not dodging, because you already dodged 75% of the otherwise evaded hits that would've incremented entropy normally. So either way dodge+evasion has its synergies.

path of exile is just one of those incremental games, like cookie cooker. I would claim it has better graphics and audio, but you could say that's subjective. :^)

I would love a really in depth incremental game with loads of options with numbers that don't go totally insane. I've been thinking about making one based on Dungeon Born.

Autoplay with poe level of variability would be nice. Too bad diablo 2 bots are basically sorc with teleport sim. Although having server with every player playing as bot could be interesting.

How much do you think a The Vertex (helmet with moderate ES (300~) and +1 to socketed gems with a 20% increased elemental weakness enchant is worth?

Sold it for 40c. Bought it for 5c and enchanted it.

Wait, we should get the Umbilicus Immortalis belt on this:

Stats:

The important part is that it multiplies your Writhing Jar by the number of zombies and spectres you have out.

yea, but to get more than 15k you realy have to start spending tons of currency. And if you have a god tier templer support, you can get up to 30k es if both of you maxed out your gear.

Lab stays forever!
Lab haters BTFO!

It also means that Sulphur Flask becomes your health flask by spreading consecrated ground everywhere.

It's neat that it is also shortened, shit like having two golden doors was a huge pain in the ass

Ton of currency is default way to build anything HUGE.
15k es is not hard to reach. 20k is some richfags. And with auratemplar you can probably reach 30k. Average ES bonus is 320%~, so 15%of mana on aura templar turns into 60% of mana to ES. Too bad I dont know average mana on auratemplar.
So I think its safe to assume it will be around 1500ES aura. Plus double power discipline will give you total 600 es. But everyone using discipline anyway so it will be only 300 ES which translates into 2700 additional ES for everyone.

If only mind over matter worked with ES

If that were to get implemented then it would only be fair to allow life builds (especially Blood Magic) to reserve energy shield with Eldrich Battery

tbh, golden doors should only lock off a branch that has some of the high value treasure silver doors. Not only will it indicate their presence, it will also add effort/reward ratio to it instead of blocking progress completely.

BM is fine. 35% increased HP and you can use that ring for aura(hatred). Although its nothing more than 35% hp really.

Silver doors, side puzzles are the trap. You always waste time by doing them and gaining nothing in return. Reward is basically usual shitty strongbox.

Fuck no. What aura templar runs around with 2.5k+ mana flawlessly reserved. Unless you're counting Discipline's ES bonus in there (which will usually have a huge aura effectiveness boost) that's generally not happening. If you want fuckhuge piles of ES and mana on your aura templar you could try weird shit like Brutus' Lead Sprinkler + Shaper's Touch + Geofri's Sanctuary. Now every 10 points of strength gives you 2% energy shield, 4 energy shield, and 5 mana (in addition to giving you 5 health, 2% melee physical damage, and bonus damage on your lead sprinkler), but you can't go lowlife this way. (If you want to add your strength bonus to lead sprinkler attack damage, you can wear Crown of Eyes and use an Iron Will support gem.) If you're thinking of using Corrupted Energy, notice that it only applies to hits, not degens, so any poison or chaos cloud will still go straight to your health. You might want to stack some chaos resist instead, and you should have a high base health from the fuckhuge strength.

You should probably also pick up Mind Over Matter just for the giant mana-boosting cluster behind it.

GGG really need to get their shit together, this type of wording is really fucking retarded, especially considering the fact that not even the wiki mentions this. I avoided most of the items that did shit based on uncapped resistances because I thought uncapped meant that you only get the effect if you aren't capped.

The wording is precise. Not their fault you take the meaning from another game.

No, it's not. Uncapped can mean both "not capped" and "before cap" if you have never used the item before or had anyone explain it to you. I would understand of "uncapped" were something that had existed for a fairly long time but the wording had only ever been used starting Breach. Mechanically it would also make sense from a balance perspective because then something like Wise Oak would cause you to have uncapped resists (on top of the fact that the flask itself also adds resists during effect, meaning you have to balance around 40%) but with the benefit of getting protection from the lowest one and getting a huge damage boost with 20% penetration. For something like Formless Inferno it would also make sense for such a balancing act because you would try to get the maximum benefit for the armor value (which would strive towards a specific limit) while at the same time maximising the benefit of the x% physical taken as fire.

All of these possibilities would avoid creating the scenario since people have for ages used uncapped to mean "you don't have enough resist" and not "you have too much resist"

And in both cases if you have like 150 fire resist itd still be 150

No, before cap is applied means any value you can think of, meaning 150 remains 150. Uncapped can be interpreted as being any value below 75, meaning 150 results in you not having the effect because you have a number larger than 75.

Blood Magic builds have been fucked for a long time because it's better to reserve your entire mana pool and run auras while using a support gem. Essence Worm unique barely helps. Back in the day a lot of auras had flat mana reservation costs (Clarity is the only aura like that remaining) but they changed it because some people were running giant mana builds with like a dozen auras (which has totally never happened since) so now reserving life is pretty fucking terrible unless you're running a shavs or solaris lorica.

I think there's also been a heavy rework to drastically decrease the mana cost of skills and support gems so that also lowered part of the appeal of blood magic builds.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure 99% of players considered that shit obvious, which is why no one felt the need to point it out. It's like coffee mugs with "Caution: Hot!" written on them. Most of us figure that goes without saying. Uncapped resistance means that it uses the value you would be at if your resistance wasn't limited to a maximum of 75%.

Feel free to look up the word "uncap" in the dictionary before you make a claim like that.

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1899919

So they fixed absolutely nothing and life is still worthless compared to heavy ES builds

On the contrary, ES is completely crap now, we are back to path of life nodes.

On the contrary, life is still utter garbage, so we're back to path of 1 shots

I really don't get why they just don't buff life to be decent, or adjust the fucking game to not just be 1 shots past a certain point.

How many layers of skeletons are you on lads?

ES CUCKS ON SUICIDE WHAT LMAO

fuck it I'm not fixing it

Where the fuck are they pulling the 25k 15k out from? You can get ~12k with multiple exalts worth of gear and heavy investment in passive %, no fucking way in hell 15k. That's the 0.001% of players with GG gear or some streamers.

All they had to do was lower the values a bit, now everything is ruined. Life is still shit, CI is now shit, double dipping removed, bosses that take 20 minutes, random one shots… What in the actual fuck?

There were a few builds that got to 25k, multiple exalts of gear was required but when has that stopped GGG from doing something stupid before.

25k is guardians building with mana, no fucking way in hell you can get over 20k, even with hundreds of mirrors worth of gear. Also they literally did nothing about guardians by the way, you can still get absurd ammounts of ES with them. holy shit they're retarded, they will balance it to some degree with all the people in the beta complaining but still, what the fuck.

but no don't worry, they nerfed vall pact and ghost reaver.
And didn't buff life at all

RF and ED can get 25k

GGG balances with a reddit approved sledgehammer

Nah, there will still be plenty of ways to break 20k es even post-nerf. GGG's projections are always optimistic.

Not sure if you're a softcore player or not, but breaking 20k es is easily doable. The big question is how doable it is to break 40k es.

Without more ES nodes behind CI I find that difficult. But who cares? Without VP there is little reason to go ES now.

kill yourself. But really, go into path of building and try to get as much ES as you can, and tell me when it gets stupidly unrealistic. I don't know if mirrors are more common in hc as i'm just a 'softcore' peasant but in our slums they're kinda rare. The problem is that GGG is a bunch of incompetent fucks that don't even play their own game. Changes to CI/VP were expected and long overdue, but it was a sick dog that required a couple of shots to get better, and they went and put it down altogether. Now there is no reason to play CI, not with a halved es pool, and certainly not with no VP.

ES will never die. It is and will continue to be the best defense in the game because armor and evasion do not work in small amounts, are prone to getting you one-shot without careful investment, and they have giant blind spots (evasion cannot stop spells, armor cannot stop elemental damage).

They decided to increase life on gear by adding new life and armor/evasion properties. Apparently they figured evasion and armor builds would be improved by making perfect evasion/armor harder to roll and that life builds would be improved by making it more annoying to get perfect life on their gear. They could've just buffed life nodes or life/lvl instead though. And the biggest problem with armor and evasion remains that armor's mechanics make it drastically less effective against one-shots and that both armor and evasion are completely worthless against spells. Armor is also worthless against elemental damage. Looks like we'll be seeing an upsurge in iron reflexes armor-stacking builds though.

That's a pretty apt summary.

The big problem with softcore, aside from the usual noob shit, is that people settle for less ES on gear and passive tree. In hardcore people know how to value survival properly, so they have higher expectations of how to build up defenses. That said you can break +600% increased maximum energy shield between gear, passives (and a lot of Energy From Within jewels), and int bonus on a single build. That said, you can break 30k ES, but breaking 40k doesn't seem doable.

All the same, these kinds of max ES builds are typically extremely fucking expensive.

I remember when they nerfed every curse because of a few people who used atziry axe to perfmafreeze everyone.

Fucking this. They never even mentioned why everyone is trying to get so much ES.

For some reason I was thinking Emberwake was an amulet. Just Emberwake + Taming then. Still it should be a solid wormblaster.

I like how shillyD mentions that ES is able to survive one shots as if that's a bad thing and needs to be changed.

African Niggers sure do love U.S.A
These guys are waving U.S flags in every one of these.
Or is this Liberia?

May be he mean that inability to survive with HP is the problem. But for fuck sake, GGG cant balance for shit. I remember introduction of physical damage spells that dealt same damage as elemental spells but could not be avoided by evasion, block or resists. But they dealt same fucking damage! Thankfully they introduced spells that oneshot you no matter what. Before fixing desync.
ES was the only way to survive reliably in every situation. And without it we will have nothing to megitate damage. Becaue they introduced fortify coupled with 25% monster damage buff. Now HP items will increase in price and general population will have same HP as before because HP item will cost more. So in the end everything will remain the same except you will not be able to use cheap ES gear for starter builds. And you will not be able to build semi viable HP build because HP items will cost more. I bet they think this will have positive effect on economy. If only GGG hired someone who will fix their shit for them. After few years they even hired real coder who fixed desyncs and loading times. May be in a few years they will hire some people who will balance game for them.
But at least people will not be able to survive random oneshots.

He may have been a faggot streamer but he tried to warn you dog, he told you.

Cutting off ES is necessary before they can go into balancing monster damage output.

You imply that's ever going to happen

I was expecting "no more chaos immunity". Not *15% passives nerf, no more instant leech nerf, and 33% items nerf.

I don't think you understand CI

I understand CI. I was saying that I expected it to be nerfed, but only to be "chaos damage does not bypass ES". Not 1/3 nerf across the board.

It doesn't change the base values at all, and as armor is still fucking useless for nearly the entire endgame, and life still caps out fairly quickly compared to ES, Life is still fucking useless.
You want to know how to fix life? Make it so that life doesn't cap out at around 1/4th of ES without dumping tons of exalts into gear or going full Path of Life nodes with no damage.

That wouldn't fix the problem at all. It doesn't make any difference whether you're totally immune to chaos or it just doesn't bypass the shield, since if you use Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact with enough DPS then you might as well be immune to any damage that doesn't kill you in one hit– which, given the obscene amounts of ES it's possible to get, is all of it.

Here we go.

Its not that bad really. You can use new armor and juggernaut ascendancy to pile up quite a lot of hp. Coupled with red nightmare and 4%block 20% spellblock jewels that increase chance to be critically hit you can cap block and with usage of new 250hp on block shield you are pretty much immortal. And damage is not really a problem if you use that poison ring and good weapon.
And even without it life is not so bad. 7k is enough to farm uberlab. Or most of t10-15 content. Not the top tier builds, but still okay.
Not useless! With huge armor you can ignore hits that never was dangerous for you.
Now every price will only rise. No more 1-2exalt kaoms. In fact no more cheap endgame drops at all. With ES nerf chaula shit will only increase in price.

yeah so surprise, it's still garbage, and I'll wait to see the new and fancy ES based builds that people will make as life is inferior in nearly every way to ES still because when a hit does 11k, having 9k life won't help.

But at least they made a lot of builds into middle tier builds. Before it was either top tier build or utter shit build with basically no middle ground.
Perfectly balanced game. With no way to raise effective HP high enough to take one random hit. Ability to survive was a fucking problem that needs fixing.

How does poison work? I wanted to make something like pathfinder with magma orb or frostbolt but with poison. Would this be viable? Or poison totems with witch and magma orbs, frostbolts.

Why don't you get block or dodge so the one hit doesn't melt you? :P

I wouldn't, with upcoming changes to DoTs coming. Still, a pair of Consuming Dark daggers with pizza totems is nice and ezmode

Is it even possible to hit 9k without kaoms? I don't understand why having 9k hp as a balancing point makes sense when you literally have to give up both a six link and having actual mitigation.

because XD RNG

flameblast has low aoe. If you stack projectile speed jewels the projectile spells go far far away from offscreen also flameblast slow.

-reddit and GGG

Kaom+really nice 6l is good. And belly is also good.
In poe HP/es pool is the only way. There are no real mitigation. What can you gain from body armor? 1k armor? That will reduce incoming damage by a couple percent if you lucky. 500hp is the same amount you can gain by 5 slots combined. While everything else can be gained elsewhere.

500 HP is the equivalent of 5000 armor but with the following benefits on top of it

I'm pretty sure ignite doesn't have a minimum threshold so it's not affected by the amount of life you have, and armour would technically reduce the chance of getting stunned by physical damage.
New bases in 3.0 will have hybrid life mods which will allow around 150 or so life in chest and shield pieces which will lessen the gap too, since using a shield with kaom's is not practical, because you'd have no 5 or 6 link.

It reduces chance to get stunned only by physical attacks, elemental/chaos damage can still cause stuns. There were plenty of people that used Flame Surge to stun bosses because of this option.

Also, considering the way bosses and enemies are set up, you are more likely to get stunned by elemental damage than you are by physical damage because most of the hard-hitting ranged attacks are elemental and a lot of bosses generally tend to have certain themes like how Shaper does cold damage.

These ES nerfs, doubledipping nerfs, changes to volatiles and reflect will surely slow the game down a bit, which I consider a good thing, I doubt all the ES nerfs will stick, I think they're pretty excessive, to be honest, but high es + ghost reaver + vaal pact and doubledipping trivialized content, the biggest dangers in the game are things that have on death effects, isn't that sad? most shit being trivial except things you can't see or things you killed already?

I would agree, but the game in no way is designed to be slow. The entire currency system is designed around running shit as fast as possible and with the new system that's probably going to increase prices for basically everything across the board. I only see this being a bad thing

[merchant intensifies]

But nerfing energy shield is a good thing you massive faggot.

I feel like these 2 posts need to be mass faxed to GGG until their toner runs out. I've been playing since closed beta, and not once have they ever balanced the game in a way that would make you think they're aware of how worthless mitigation armor/evasion is against the big threats in the game.

please, people have been complaining that mitigation is useless for a majority of the game and GGG just listens to the dick sucking squad they have.
And why would they, their core audience (whales that drop money) are so far gone they could release a patch that makes every ability do 0 damage and auto attacks DC you, and people would still rush to defend them

fucking noobs

Yes, easily, as long as you have a good eye for life nodes on your passive tree.

I remember when 5Ls were the good shit you could obliterate everything with and building around 6Ls was just total overkill and the sign of a bad build. But that was in the old days of hardcore when the game was total path of life nodes and people hardly built any damage on their characters. Nowadays limited portals make magicfind builds trash so it's all about clear speed. Anyway GGG released Tabula Rasa just to give people easy 6Ls.

Reddit is too busy moaning about how the right side of the passive tree needs more life nodes because they are too retarded to notice just how much life is up for grabs there if you actually grab all the life nodes.

Don't forget Kaom's Roots. I always thought it was dumb that GGG just had Kaom suddenly shift from badass warleader who didn't use any fucking gems to a villain guy because apparently he somehow fell to the corruption in the end, despite keeping a very healthy distance from the gems.

2.7k on a maxed rare. 2k for cheap rares. 4k from a Brass Dome. If you have Juggernaut ascendancy you also double your chest's armor, so a Brass Dome nets them 9.1k base armor max.

The problem isn't that energy shield is good. It's that everything else has giant weak spots. Evasion is incredibly weak against spells, especially physical spells. Armour is only good against physical damage, but it's still weak against physical one-shots unless you stack completely ridiculous piles of armour because there is some weird armour vs damage formula to determine the percentage of damage resisted, so against giant hits your 70% resistance might be like 10% at most, which is a problem because those giant hits are the threat your armour is supposed to save you from, not the small taps, and even then a lot of oneshots are like half elemental nowadays. Energy shield is good against everything except for chaos damage, but if you have chaos innoculation it's got the best defenses against chaos out of everything.

The competition for energy shield isn't armour or evasion. It's raw life, which is weaker against chaos than CI is, but gets solid instant heal flasks. Speaking of which, you'd be able to make 15k hp builds post-patch.

Well there was also a SJW angle in there. You'd have to read the dogshit comic they wrote about Kaom's misogyny or shit. Hyrri was the SJW savior of Karui, is how the story goes now.

Now look how stupid you are.

Citation fucking needed.

GGG is still annoyed that their pozzed comic is not selling.

You can get over +300% increased max life once you start playing Path of Life Nodes. Given Kaom's Heart, Kaom's Roots, and that second life property they want to add to gear, reaching 15k becomes possible if you whore life on all your gear.

Here's a random life build I shat out on the passive tree:
poeplanner.com/AAcAAQc0DwCBuR0V7IrwxILpRrCrmy2-p2VNvTZHfoTZdcvqYs2YjX5DMdrBwzNaGnTtBS167y5T029M_04qW68NjYd2Sn1noOOf_MXuDu960359df66AF4Zju2DCC6jiiP2TZKNffljlcztP7vjxKLBBF8_FCDvDlBH9kiMzz38WGOpbsAaeA218jWS_o9N46ZXOuHYvf4K8kVvO3lod-MB3BXwBfmbJnpTYevPerIZMgHo1ud0bWw2PZ2qbIzrYxEvYqwbyM_d8YoPqxa_JpVh4lVLoSL0-KJAAdGv61W1ns3SIfJBggfZfFcN2WGtjc9-dqzqGPcyfNnsXISUiXF71KrNa9RiFyyUAAAAAAA=

+300% max life and a vague focus on bows. You can do better.

Seems legit

Except vaal discipline is better than any life flask and.

poeplanner.com/AAcAAQU0LwCAuR0V7IrwxILpRrCrvqdlTb02R36E2XXL6mLNmI1-QzHawcMzWhp07QUteu8uU9NvTP9OKluvDY2Hdkp9Z6Djn_zF7g7vetN-fXX-ugBeGY7tgwguo4oj9k2SjX2748SiwQRfPxQg7w5QR_ZIjM89_FhjqW7AGngNtfI1kv6PTeOmVzrh2L3-CvJFbzt5aHfjAdwF-ZsmelNh6896shkyAejW53RtbDY9napsjOtjES9irBvIz93xig-rFr8mlWHiVUuhIvT4okAB0a_rVbWezdIh8kGCB9l8Vw3ZYa2Nz352rLVI-WNU_r3mFfBVhaXL7FyElIlxe9SqzWvUYhcslAAAAAAA

Slight variation. Use Frenzy as attack skill because it scales like crazy. Get a corrupted Kaom's Roots of +1 frenzy charge, a corrupted amulet of +1 frenzy charge, and an enchanted helmet of +9% increased frenzy damage per frenzy charge. Use Blood Rage for free leech and more attack speed. This is a 9 frenzy charge build. (10 if you get corrupted Darkray Vectors instead of Kaom's Roots, in which case you are sacrificing 200 life for 1 more frenzy, +20% dodge, and +50% movespeed.)

With 9 charges, your Frenzy attack will have:
+149% attack speed (add 10% if you have a 20% frenzy)
+119% increased physical damage
+243% increased damage
+36% more damage (frenzy charge multiplier)
Permanently intimidate enemies on full life (+10% increased damage taken)

And this has 3 jewels to stick whatever in. I guess you can cover the mana guzzling with a blood magic support or vaal clarity + increased duration combo. Not the most serious build, but it's playable and very hard to kill since you're playing a Champion with perma-fortify and a shitton of life.

Maybe, but when you go life build you can use other vaal skills. That said, if you want I think you can get +190% increased life recovery on flasks between some passives and a bloodgrip. Suddenly a panicked divine flask can heal over 5K life (panicked is just a reduced modifier).

It's still garbo

When do I unlock Scion and Ascension points? I guess I have to beat the dungeon to get my ascension class like Shaman?

You don't need every last fucking life node for the build to be usable dude. Also, Frenzy is more powerful when you have a shitload of frenzy charges (Frenzy skill is contributing 45% attack speed, 45% physical damage, and another 81% damage with 9 charges here). I don't get the clear speed complaints since you should be able to blast through mobs with a decent 5L just fine. And stop bitching that a build requires expensive gear when the goal was to break 15k life and simultaneously do damage.

which you failed? Miserably?
You basically just made a .01%er build that requires perfect rolls on every piece of equipment, and went OH LOOK IT'S DO-ABLE.

Riiight. Anyway, this isn't a build that gives two shits about armour/evasion/whatever. All it cares about is raw fucking life and damage (also resists). That's it. Also you sound like you're shit at making $$$ in poe.

Well aside from the fact that your build is basically useless compared to literally any other build that requires that much money in terms of clear speed, requires what probably is going to amount to mirrors of gear.
Really you seem to just suck at making builds mate

I wish the microtransactions weren't so expensive, and the armors you can get didn't suck (More evil summoner-looking armor would be nice). I really want that black kitty cat for my Witch.

We got a guild I can join? I want to play hardcore with a party but all my friends played through the acts and aren't autistic enough to constantly do runs. Playing solo hardcore sucks, and pubs are never at the same area as me.

Dude, you're on drugs. And if you play on softcore like it sounds like you do, you can get a +1 frenzy Kaom's Roots for 1 fucking chaos. Getting a solid frenzy amulet might be the most difficult thing to obtain on that build. Meh, you might have to settle for a regular uncorrupted amulet.

That doesn't have the right rolls
For your retarded ass build you need perfect rolls

why would you do that to yourself? Your clearspeed will be complete trash and you will want to kill yourself after just a few hours of playing.

Scion is in Act 3 (Sceptre of God) and you get ascendancy points by beating lab. For when it is a matter of what your build is and how strong it is. Some people manage to do it perfectly fine underlevelled while others only do it once they reach Act 4.

Because he's just a low damage boy, rocking the low damage life.

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1901674/page/1#p14501140
Wow it's fucking nothing

That's what she said.

Ew fuck. The Pathfinder Scion got savaged. 50% chance of flask charge on crit is massively inferior to 50% increased flask charges, and the lack of 50% elemental status ailment avoidance means you can't go CI Pathfinder Scion with the crystal skin cluster for 100% status ailment immunity.

Raider also lost 25% elemental status ailment avoidance for 10% movespeed. It also lost 10% chance of frenzy charge on kill in exchange for frenzy charge on hitting a rare/unique enemy. I guess that's an improvement if you are running Blood Rage for your frenzy charges.

Anyone know if flask effect works on minions when using Umbilicus Immortalis? I am getting some conflicting answers from people and having a Pathfinder summoner could actually be pretty good if it does

I know for a fact that your flask effect does have an effect on your summons because 50% makes dying sun extra projectiles go from 2 to 3 as seen in embed related.

Neat

Just to be clear, Path of Exile has a new 250ms cooldown on all crit-based flask charges and you can only get 1 charge per cooldown. So even if you're a serious crit build, it's pretty shit. And if you're not crit-oriented, this is pretty fucking worthless. Whereas +50% increased flask charges was simply dependable and a solid boost to your flask charge generation.

ah so thats why wormblasters dont work anymore. thats kinda gay.

It was done specifically to ruin wormblasters, along with wrecking CoMK. You can still wormblast though (scroll up in this thread). It's just that charging up flasks is a pain in the ass. If you use Umbilicus Immortalis you can multiply your Writhing Jar by the amount of Zombies and Spectres you have out (and sulphur flasks become your health flasks).

But yeah, replacing 50% increased charges gained with 50% chance of getting 1 charge from a crit is fucking horrible. Pathfinder Scion got nerfed up the ass. That 50% elemental avoidance and 50% charge generation was really valuable. Now it's got some retarded movespeed shit instead, so Pathfinder Scion with Crystal Skin is no longer an option. So if you thought Pathfinder Scion was good for CI, now it isn't. Jug+Pathfinder Scion was a decent combo for being immune to stun and elemental conditions without having to gear any uniques or go out of your way for Unwavering Stance.

You can also use Poacher's Mark and Overflowing Chalice for flask generation, since both give a fuckhuge amount of increased flask charges gained.

Nevermind, turns out the worms don't give flask charges or souls, which is kinda bullshit since all you have is an instant flask that lets you proc on-kill effects twice before being empty.