Other urls found in this thread:

forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20771.msg357579.html#msg357579
clanjadewolf.net/mwll/changelog.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

LET'S GO CLANNERS WON'T KILL THEMSELVES

WELL ACTUALLY THEY MIGHT

Fuck

This is with the new patch

FYI OP, posting several posts in relative quick succession as the only poster in the thread with your Caps Lock key stuck could quite easily be considered spam and result in your thread becoming locked or deleted. Especially when there is already a Mecha Thread up with links to MWLL
Polite sage for offtopic

It's so pretty. Thanks for the heads up OP.

I fear no spic/jew or his hotpockets.

Good man
Got to download this again sometime After I finish making a NO CD patch for MCG that doesn't contain malware and supports resolutions up to 1080p
Are the Solaris FFA servers still around?

Yeah

Fuck yeah, wonder if the Flamer Harasser is still valid for causing rage?

Now probably 6sxpl one will cause more rage because a lot of sparks (if you hit cockpit) will murder enemy fps.

Kek, may have to do that. FPS drops was the next best thing to causing rage with the Harasser Flamer. Besides causing mechs to overheat and the pilots to end up suiciding resulting in them earning negative credits

A Cryengine Mechwarrior game that isn't a shekel stealing simulator? Why haven't I heard of this until now?

Because you've either been living under a rock or more likely because PGI tried to shut it down

The new details look pretty good
WHAT HAVE THEY DONE

Nigger we've had mwll threads for months

Wew lad, will check it out when I get home.

What's the customization in this game like, I'd like to be able to customize the fuck out of my robert

null. There are 8 different loadouts for each machine and paint

There are 6-8 variants of each asset but no mechlab since everyone would be er ppc boating and shit.

Did they not manage to get the "class" hardpoint system working, i.e. Medium Laser can only be replaced with an ER Medium, Medium Pulse, or Small etc? Cause that was what they were working on before PGI shut them down.

I don't know if they didn't manage to do it or just dropped it but it's not there.

Probably not there cause the dev team that were working on it were shut down by PGI, then moved to join Crytek and work on the Cryengine 3, then went to join Star Citizen which uses some recycled code, damage models and hardpoint systems that were intended for MWLL

so far im just getting picked off by dorks in planes who hover over me like vultures

The newest update was mainly for airfucks so they need to get it out of their system.

I have installer lying around for about two years now.
Just can't be assed to fuck with it.

Isn't there a Dork seeking Missile?

yea i got a few with LRMs, but only when they focus on something else in the distance. I feel a bit helpless when they focus me.

i'm just being a baby learning a new game though.

They nerfed laser and missile damage to aerospace, and removed flac completely. So basically all the reliable ways to kill aeros. Thankfully all the aerospace units control like shit, so it balances out.

The problem is, flac was also the best BA killer. You know those guys who just play BA and nest together all game every game? Yeah, they'll just get worse.

Lasers were only nerfed against VTOLs. Aeros aren't any more difficult to kill than before, they just do a lot more damage now making them an actual threat.

They also removed some of the most fun mech builds for "muh diversity" builds. Where the fuck is my RAC5 fafnir? What the fuck happened to my 4LPL Nova cat? Why where there so many energy/ballistic/missile boats removed?

These new devs that took over the MW:LL project are shit tier dumb asses. Fire these assholes and bring back the original devs please.

I hope this lives up to the memories.

Lrms are shite against aero, use atms (especially er) or er large lazors.

so as a complete casual shitbag babby, i have three questions about this

yes
yes but there is a testing server to help you learn to walk
no though there are many assets with ac and uacs

There are some decent changes, but a lot of things concern me, and when brought up with the "devs", you either get blown off completely, or get redirected to another "dev" to bitch to, or get told that your complaint will be ignored unless you join their discord and post it there. The reason I use the quotation marks is that there are like 20 "devs" many of whom added like a tiny thing here so they get to wear their shiny dev badge and lord it around like they're important.
The laser sparkle effect should be removed outright as it adds nothing to the game, and actually destroys FPS on many GPUs when you get shot in the face with them, today I killed several people with the MXpulse osiris by chain firing them for a constant stream and aiming for the cockpit, the guy just cannot fight back because his FPS is in the toilet.
The reticle is a fucking derelict compared to the last one, the weapon grouping indicators appearing even though no weapon is set to that group is dumb and cluttered, the indicators themselves are tiny so it's hard to tell when they light up in combat, and they're organised from right to left instead of vertically now and it's different so I don't like it.
Aerospaces now take almost no impact damage (because this was the only way they could figure out to fix the issues of them exploding on runways when landing) so jump-jetting into them no longer does damage to them, just physically stops them and they may or may not just fly away again, this is so pronounced that the decent pilots are just landing their fixed-wing assets, capping points, then taking off again now. They can even hit some cliffs and still fly away.

This isn't even touching some of the variant changes, which range from decent, to completely ruining the mech.

bump

Which mechs are ruined?

I misspoke, only one mech in my eyes so far has been ruined, many others have just gotten changes that are such that I probably will not take them anymore, sometimes for reasons other than the mech itself. For example, the nova cat's cramped cockpit is even harder to see out of because of the increased FOV, the cockpit takes up, no shit, like 70% of the screen. Some of the shadowcat variants I used were replaced with ones I probably will not. Hilariously the old 7.1 Owens D is back, albeit with beam lasers instead of pulses, despite the devs at the time swearing that it was gone for good when 8.0 came out because it was "too good", but here we are. They gave the lt gauss rifleman uac2s to replace the flak cannons even though the light LBXs were supposed to replace all the flaks and I think the UAC2s are dogshit for AA.
The Avatar though I think, except for the dedicated long range variants, is ruined. They decreased its speed and increased it's armour (but only by about 1 ton), which makes some of the variants (namely the D and the E, even with the MASC) less usable as they relied highly on above average maneuverability and 1 ton of extra armour can't really compensate for the loss in speed. I asked who made the changes and nobody could give me a straight answer, I asked for a changelog for the mech variants and was told one doesn't exist because "it would be too much work", so who knows what other surprises lay in store.

forgot to post the cockpit

The Avatar speed change is fucking retard. Speed is by far the most important stat and a bit of extra armour is not a fair trade. It really pisses me off cause it was one of the few IS mechs I enjoyed using, specifically because it wasn't slow as shit. Now it's just a Warhammer with even worse variants. The B is the only one that still looks usable.

Kind of hard to do when those devs now work at Crytek/CIG
Overall are these devs OpenRA tier?

because newfag

I really don't play this game enough to know the ins and outs of every mech but just reading how the devs work on this game is rather concerning. Is this something recent or have they always been this sloppy?

Sounds like a breeding ground for disaster.

This thread is full of dumb shit, aeros are weaker than ever, mechs got enhanced pitch angles so they can shoot up more, LBX does everything flak did but is also useful at shooting mechs. Really good patch so far except for the CTDs (devs are working on it.)

People bitching about the devs is just inevitable with any open source project, the people in charge are pretty level-headed and smart even if some other devs say stupid shit.

If you don't know about this game it's Battlefield with mechs, aerospace fighters, battle armor, and infantry. 14v14 terrain control on huge maps and assloads of well-balanced weaponry.

These devs are PGI tier. And yes I just said that. The original devs of the project understand battletech alot better than these newer ones with the way they have changed things.

So is that why I got mocked by one of the lead devs for suggesting to revert back to some the older mech builds. Like for example how fucking useless the new SRM/LPL Novacat B compared to the older one? How about the RAC5 Fafnir? Why the fuck was that changed over the favor of having the only RAC5 Atlas?

Oh yeah, because having laser boats on a 35 kmph tank and having only having 5 minutes to enjoy it at the end of the round makes it so much more fun.

That's a pretty bold statement. They really that bad? Are they poptarters by any chance?

No, poptarting is pretty tame in MWLL. So is LRM spam. MWLL has basically solved every major gameplay issue that plagues MWO. The biggest issues are technical, CryEngine 2 is old and shitty.

Salty guy's just salty cause his fav builds went away. There are hundreds of builds, use some others man

What popular loadouts even went away in this patch?

I guess the RAC Fafnir? Which I've never seen used, lol. I just checked and there's still a RAC5 Fafnir, I dunno what the guy's deal is.

When I suggested some of the older mech builds on their discord and their forums they have up, the community response was pretty fucking cancerous. I got some pretty lame excuses from xInVicTuSx (Yes that is an official community dev from the game. The name itself sounds like it belongs in CoD) for their justifications of their short sighted vision for what they had for the project.

I told them it would have been more lore friendly if they kept what the original devs had for mech loadouts originally, and suggested that they should have implemented whatever they wanted for new loadouts with the old ones. Instead my suggestion was ignored and insisted that their modifications were better for the game. This sucks because there isn't customization in MW:LL, so you are FORCED to use whatever bullshit load outs that these newer devs give to the players. Everything is changed except for the prime configurations for mechs.

Perhaps that one user who posted was right. It seems like there are 20 different types of clusterfuck devs and perhaps some of them are decent. The ones I ran into ironically reminded me of Paul and Russ from PGI with their "fuck you" kind of attitude.

The only Fafnirs I ever saw on the field were the ones with (i)hgauss or lbxs.

The 8-flamer fafnir is gone, actually. It got 10 SPLs instead and an autocannon downgrade.
My favorite uller D had its lasers downsized to uselessness too. It used to hit a whole weight class above itself, but now you need to get into knifing range to even try.

This piece of shit got its small lasers removed too, though I guess that's just one less joke build.

Would be nice if there was some documentation about all the changes but apparently that is asking too much of the retarded devs to do

it'll all be on the wiki in a bit, feel free to go help out

People upset over particular variants of particular mechs baffle me, lol "short sighted vision" If only they had the True Sight they could see how badly I need a Fafnir with 8 flamers

The problem with your statement is that it isn't "particular variants of particular mechs". It was ALL of the mechs besides the prime variants that were changed. I could care less about the Fafnir having 8 flamers because it was a troll build, I'm pointing out the stupid decisions that these new devs forced onto everyone like drastically altering old mech load outs. Again, this wouldn't have been an issue if they kept the old variants with the new, or they would allow some degree of mech customization for players.

That's a lie and you know it. Just off the top of my head, 50lrm Daishi, 24 er atm Ryoken, Sunny D, 3mxpl Osiris. Still the same.

Alright, so I'll admit I made a mistake and was wrong for a few builds. However, you are still blatantly ignoring the point. Come back when you have an answer for why they fucked over so many viable builds for their favoring of missiles, lasers and ballistics with each cookie cutter generic mech build in the game. I'll consider redownloading the game if the community devs could stop shitting all over the players.

I don't know how many viable builds they fucked and as you've proven neither do you.

I'll start.

This was patch 0.5.4 of the Fafnir builds. Now tell me, what the fuck happened to build C? Thunderbolt missiles in replacement for RAC5's? This isn't horrifically bad as a build itself, but why the fuck replace it entirely? Look at build E. It's solid for having 4 LBX20's since it's essentially a giant fucking shotgun. Why replace it with something like the newer B build? Is that their vision of "balance" for the game? If I wanted a "balanced" battletech FPS I would play the atrocity that is MW:O.

I run into the same bullshit with alot of other mechs in the MWLL community edition. They don't offer anything unique to the plate but instead add more frustration about worrying to key bind your fire control groups. How is this going to be fun for new players that you are trying to advertise and appeal to?

The average new fag getting into the game will leave and uninstall this mess if they don't have more fun straight forward boating type mechs to choose from. Ironically it's the same fucking issue PGI has with their shitty attempt-at-an-e-sport game. I use the term "short sighted" because the devs are going to kill off what little community this game already has, and potentially scare off newer players in the process.

The original devs knew that boating and/or restricting certain variants to only one weapon system would be good for the game in the long run. It's the same reason why so many original battletech mechs only had one or two weapon systems on the chassis itself.

I shouldn't have to explore the game and find out what the fuck 20+ devs are doing at any given time on any patch - it takes five minutes to type out "I made this change, I fixed this bug, here is why with a reason for doing so"

There is no fucking excuse for not having a changelog or documentation for bugfixing and the fact that there isn't is sloppy and half-assed I shouldn't have to fucking explain why this is bad and you should not defend it either. If I was a dev I would be fucking ashamed of this mickey mouse bullshit

NO ONE DOES BECAUSE NO ONE CAN BE ASSED TO DOCUMENT THEIR CHANGES
Consequently we can more or less safely assume that bugtracking and fixing is literally non-existant. Who fucking knows what is a feature and what isn't intentional because we can't hold a standard to those making changes and we can't hold them accountable for making those changes either.

Leave

There's a full changelog for all the bug fixes.

This thread so far:

"why did they kill my favorite variant" when your favorite variant is still there

"why didnt they make a changelog" when there's a full changelog

Build C is still in the game, it lost 2 RAC5s in favor of 2 UAC20s so it can kill faster. Build E is still in the game, two of the LBX20s were dropped to LBX10s so it's actually a legal build (and it picked up two pulse lasers). Why are you posting paragraph after paragraph about things that didn't happen.

"It's the same reason why so many original battletech mechs only had one or two weapon systems on the chassis itself." boy you never played much battletech did you

This guy get's it. People, don't waste your time with this cluster fuck. Just hope that HBS makes and sticks to a decent battletech game for once. RIP MW:LL, you were a good game until you were vandalized by fucking morons.

Ah, no it isn't? The amount of ignorance from you trying to promote with this cluster fuck is staggering. Get your head out of your ass for once.

The old Novacat B with 4 cLPLs is an entirely different mech from the new Novacat B that now has 2 cLPLs + 2 cssrm6's buddy. They made a variant that was entirely ammo independent into a mech that is now a short ranged brawler with missiles? I guess it was "illegal" because it was too powerful. Smh, when you change a mech's locked load from an older version of the game out into something entirely different in a newer version, IT ISN'T THE SAME FUCKING MECH ANYMORE.

Boy, sounds like these devs devolved into PGI 2.0. Let's start nerfing the fuck out of good variants that worked in the past because anything now that was fun and good is now "illegal".

Yeah people, don't waste your time with this bullshit. You aren't going to have fun with these new assholes that took over the project.

You sure?

That variant got changed again in the latest patch.
It now has 3 CLPLs + 2 cssrm4s and also gained gecm.

So it's now more heat efficient and has more punch at sub 450m while still being mostly ammo independent.

The devs changed something because they thought it wasn't optimal, turned out that version wasn't optimal either so it got changed again and now it's in a pretty good place.

It's painfully obvious that all of you complaining about variants don't actually play the game.

Ok where is this exactly? All that I see is the Warhawk D from the wiki with 2xcLPL and 2xHLL?

You sure about that? I could take out most assault units with the straight forward 4xcLPL in the older builds. From the last time I played the CE they actually increased the cLPL range to an addition 100m range. So wouldn't that make it more optimal as a long range sniper with the 4xcLPL load out now?

If they must absolutely have another weapon system on the mech, I would be fine with an addition 2x machine guns since unlimited machine gun ammo is a thing apparently.

So the Novacat B would be:

4xcLPL

2xcMG's (or some kind of ballistic slot idc)

MASC

In the fucking game, 4lpls and lrm10.

It would fucking help if they included that in the change log or their own fucking wiki.

You can help get the wiki updated hon, it's a community effort

So much whining without even playing the game. Turns out it's super fun if you play it instead of furiously theorycrafting about why the lack of your precious one-button variant means the game is PGI LEVEL RUINED

What is actually RUINING THIS GAME right now are the stupid CTDs, can't wait for a hotfix

Imagine playing a game of Mechwarrior in which all you do is post on forums about changelogs…and losing

I bet you'd have been furious when they snuck in the rifleman, if you actually played the game.

It was there before the patch, just stop.

Apparently happens on assets with AECM. Don't use them.

It feels like the corpse of a once great game is getting pissed on.

Yeah?

Record high playercounts, some 'corpse'

Well there you have the variant changes for mechs, thanks to one of our kind community members: forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20771.msg357579.html#msg357579

I know it's relative to other variants but still made me smile.

Fucking record high player count? Im calling bullshit. Stats page says highest player count in the last month was 54. Highest all time player count which was dec.-jan. Was 141. So in less than 6 months the dev community and faggots like the dev starwraith have managed to drop 87 players! Holy shiiiiit!

Cancer builds on this new patch are going to drive me insane. Really!? UAC 2's on a fucking "fighter" class aero space? You have got to be joking! And ER ATM'S on a fighter to boot!

besides builds made by autists, lets talk about the fucking AECM bug. Kind of a HUGE fuck up to miss in testing. Some jackass on the enemy team today was rubning around in an AECM mech and made half of my team DC. HOLY SHIT!

the sounds though are on point! Shoutout to whatever dev had their head removed from ass long enough to make those!in shprt, new patch.. developed by autists, pushed by autists, who have no care what the newer players want frok the game at all. Primary excuse i get from dev cocksuckers is "we did this with comp in mind". Such a PGI exscuse.

Players drop from every game between releases. You said it yourself — highest all time player count was community edition.

UAC2s do huge DPS to other ASF, they're perfect for a fighter. ER ATMs are low damage weapons for tail chases. Neither is very effective against ground.

The AECM bug sucks, but it was caught by the devs and fixed by the devs before anybody in the community noticed — the hotfix just needs to go through proper QA to be sure it's not going to cause more issues in MWLL's ludicrous complexity.

Sounds like you had a fight with the devs mate, try not to let that get in the way of enjoying a good game

Nice of you to admit that the highest playercouunt was when faggots like the dev starwraith were already on the team.

0.8.4 Update
Changelog - clanjadewolf.net/mwll/changelog.txt

All these people complaining about Avatar changes just made me want to test the "Flying Red".
3er ll and 5 er ml + jjs,

If you haven't tried the 6er ml Puma do yourself a favour and do it.

NEW RETICLE SUCKS ASS

I was using it before and it's still great. While the speed loss sucks you can just use the JJs to make up for it. Those JJ's are the improved ones too, so you basically just leap around like a fucking frog spewing lasers. It's fun as hell.

The flying red was always good even with the previous armour values and speed, it has always been a great mech and is still one because its weapons and JJs are what make it good. The same can't be said for some of the other variants.