King of Fighters XIV PC

Can't handle all thethese fightans manf
archive.is/GWoug

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/520440
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Congrats guys, I hope you don't let this one die.

Fuck yeah, now I don't have to pay for PS+ anymore.

I rather take 3D than have the roster be pathetically small, most of the characters being headswaps and everyone having gimping moves sets again like XIII. Gameplay/Content > Art Direction

It will die just like any non Street Fighter or Smash game on any platform.
I'm not a pubbishitter or a tourneyfag so I give no shits.
I just want some splitscreen goodness as I have a beer with some friends.

People said XIV would die a month after launch, yet the online on PS4 is still active as fuck. It will probably die on the PC tho since PCfags exclusively play SF and MK regardless if the game is good/has good netcode or not.

It won't because China

I hope so, that or if they could afford crossplay would be nice

no

Won't happen
Sonys mondus operandi has been direct competition wity Steam for some time now.

SFV and Rocket League happened way before that happened.

Does it have a decent SP?

How did I fuck this up?

SNK SAVES THE VIDYER AGAIN OMG YES

the shilling never stops does it?

they have one fucking working game and are shoving lots of DLC down the thorat of weebs that bought it.

This isn't the Persona 5 general

How the fuck is that shoving DLC down your throat?

On one hand, I'm glad I'll be able to play this soon, on the other, this widdles the reason I want a PS4 down to Bloodborne, Nioh, and Ace Combat… that really isn't enough to justify a console no matter how badly I want to play Bloodborne.

implying they weren't busy patching their broken shit

Again game looked like shit at release, and still a bit

At full release price which is now not the same in ps4

DLC period

Fuck off Ono.

They had one major problem at launch that was quickly patched and fixed, everything else has been content patches, balancing and minor glitches that was far from "broken shit"
It look no worse than it's competition outside of Tekken 7 at this point. And the graphics don't devalue the fact that they've added content for free.
They haven't confirmed a price for the PC port and that didn't happen for KoF XIII
DLC that doesn't effect the gameplay doesn't fucking matter and can be easily ignored.

Nigga we get it, you've got burned by SFV and so you've gotta take your anger out on any other fighting game. But it's not healthy man, just let it go and cancel your MvCI deluxe edition pre-order.

Whelp, 2 games that are both basically Dark Souls. At this point I may just wait a couple more years and get PS4 when they are in the hundred dollar range.
still, that's good news hopefully they can keep the 2017 release date. It looks great.

Enjoy feeling like shit everyday!

Now I'm deciding if I should buy this or Rev 2 when they come out on steam.

All dlc included?

Enjoy being a retarded dudebro who hangs around other retarded dudebros.

MY ALMONDS HAVE BEEN ACTIVATED

Why not both?

Buy a second hand PS4 with Bloodborne GOTY Edition, Nioh and Ace Combat and then sell it when you're bored with them.

i think i'll just wait for tekken and only play that so i don't suffer

I don't have to feel bad because I have you guys, you're my friends.

I have a friend who's a bit of a tech junkie and buys everything new. He's planning on getting a ps4 pro so I think I'll just wait until he does that then buy his regular ps4 off him. With only two exclusives I'm really interested in I'm in no rush any more.

What'll be nice is by the time he does get around to getting the new ps4 I imagine all the games I'd want will be dirt cheap.

I'm super excited for Ace Combat now though. Playing it in 60 FPS with those graphics will be really nice.

nigga you gay

I don't have much money or a job. I'm trying to spend as little money as possible right now.

Well, the PC port of KoFXIV only just got announced, and doesn't have a date yet, while Rev2 is less than a month away, so you could probably spread out both purchases to not put as big of a dent in your budget.

Well if you already own rev 1 on steam, you can upgrade to rev 2 like how SSF4AE to USF4 worked. And if KoF XIII's PC pricing was anything to go by; XIV PC might be 40 bucks.

Retard.

What makes it different from all the other 20 or so KOF games?

There's also the fact that this news was posted fourteen hours ago in the general, so the thread is redundant on top of taking space.

Its SNKs first entry after hiatus and has a shitton of characters.
Its also a pretty good.

talk about taking space

If the general is for a genre like racing or fighting instead of for a single game, then it makes sense to have one.

The difference is that the fighting game general actually discusses the topic at hand instead of being filled with autistic weebs that would rather talk about their waifu and meta shit.

Different roster and different mechanics.
It's takes bits from 98, 2002 and XIII, then meshes them together and throw Garou's Just Defend mechanic in. It also has the biggest roster of the non-dream match games

I hear ya though, on my end, it's just that I don't like hopping around lobbies fighting randos.
"One of these days I'll hop back.", I tell myself.

Anyway, this was long expected. Hope it works well for SNK, they deserve it.

It's a vidya board, its entire purpose is to host threads about video games. Not everything has to be bundled together you fucking autist. I'm sure as hell not wading through an ocean of retards who willingly play SFV just to discuss this one piece of news.

Nobody's saying you can't talk about video games, dumbass, but you don't need to knock other threads off the board so you can avoid the icky SFVfags, especially if the news was already posted half a day ago.

It's not an argument dipshit, it's a fact. This board was made to discuss video games. If a threads gets "pushed off", that means it simply wasn't popular enough. There is absolutely no reason to homogenize everything into a single thread just because you're afraid if seeing more than one thread about anything within an entire fucking genre.

Newsworthy stuff was always posted outside generals.
How new are you?

netplay is always a mess in fighter games

i never ended up playing SFV at all despite actually getting a bit excited about it initially, they were asking way too much money for what was barely a arcade mode and multiplayer

The problem is that the FGC on PC is pathetically small.
No one bothers to play a fighting game online except for Street Fighter, it's sad.
Imagine wanting to get good at Guilty Gear Xrd but you can't because every single time there's like just one room with one person in it, and that person is afk.

that's what KOF13 was like back during its fucking ps3 release. i'm just gonna pay some homeless guys to play fighting games locally with me fuck this

I played the beta every single day, and it was magnificent. Matches had no lag, even crossplay was fine, and I was hyped as fuck. Then the actual game came out, and it was rollback for fucking days.

You either live among people who buy only PS4 or you never played fighting games on PC or PS4 because Xrd playerbase is mostly the same everywhere even though PS4 version has crossplay with PS3. Besides, many people moved to PC thanks to less input lag. Make your own room and players will get into it or better start demanding better netcode or get some friends and stop spreading this shitty meme because in reality any non-SF or MK game has small playerbase, platform doesn't matter. Retards think that there were dark ages for fighting games for a reason and it wouldn't surprise me if you got into the genre with SF4.

Most people won't go the autistic lenghts needed to git gud at fighting games, they are fine to watch but fuck me if i will ever try again to get top 32, it's just not worth the effort unless fighting games are your only hobby, i am more of a jack of all trades, master of none.

That one fighting game i used to play was siphoning too much of my life for absolutely no reward other than the small joy of getting better. That is without even going into the gameplay that in resume will never be perfect for one or other reason.

Playing fighting games for fun ? Sure
Playing fighting games seriously? Not even once

steamcharts.com/app/520440

how is it that i can get matches in actual dead games with little to no issue and you can't find people play in one of the healthiest fighting games on pc?
if you're a yurofag i understand

Holla Forums is full of mainstream faggots
You know how many people here have told me that Paladins and Titanfall 2 are dead while I casually play Mechwarrior Living Legends?

You're either lazy or just looking for excuses to not play. There is a community out there, and it's not hard to find. Don't pretend looking for random netplay lobbies is the only option there is.

Ironically enough, I've noticed that the euro community is way more inclined towards the PC version of Rev, while many US players prefer sticking to the PS4.

That goes far back
Yurop was always more into PC gayman than either the US and of course Japan, especially since consoles aren't nearly as marketed as they were in the US and Japan influence wasn't as big.

How?

I thought Europe always had the most active Player base
Like how they weren't effected by the console crash as they just used PCs

Well I'm talking about GG specifically here, not the playerbases of any multiplat in general.

fair enough

SNK team voted for 3d

Luong & Mian are the best new characters