Kingdom Hearts III Release In Danger Of Becoming Another Final Fantasy XV Mess [Rumor]

Problems

Final Fantasy 15 was previously titled Final Fantasy 13 Versus back when Nomura was still handling the project. Based on Square Enix’s past statements, Nomura also seemed interested in creating sequels for Final Fantasy 13 Versus.

Directorial work eventually shifted to Hajime Tabata and he completely reworked the whole project to turn it into Final Fantasy 15. Leftovers of Nomura’s ideas were either scrapped or brought instead in the Final Fantasy 15: Kingsglaive movie to give Final Fantasy 15 more depth without necessarily adding more gameplay time.

thebitbag.com/kingdom-hearts-3-release-ff15/235329

KH fags will still eat this up, but hey, they want closure to a very convoluted story, and they hunger for that Zootopia level.

This is a surprise to no one (who isn't an idiot). This is another game dropped into development hell for 10 years. If suckers are going to buy into hype and forget about it a month later like FFXV, there's not much that can be done to stop them

It didn't even start being developed until last year. Everyone just assumed like idiots that the fact that Kingdom Hearts 2 was made meant they were immediately working on 3, which they weren't.

No shit Sherlock.

Nigga are you high? We're long-since past that point. Two console generations later and Squeenix has yet to deliver. Shit's already fucked.

its going to suck ass isn't it. they're just like nintendo and EA, literally too big to fall.

i've been waiting for this game, for this 'closure' for as long as it took to make Boyhood. and they're going to give me a smelly rancid turd with sugar sprinkles on it.

Dude, like FFXV,square has had 10 fucking years to make this game but they kept on throwing it in the back burner, changing engines, making spinoff games for other consoles when they should have been working on the sequel(BBS was good but there was no point in 365 and DDD).
For fuck sake, if it doesn't turn out like FFXV it will be a miracle.

Of course. They dropped the fucking best mechanic the series introduced (command deck) which lets you actually do the "select an ability from a menu" mid-combat well. KH1 and KH2's faux FF menu is fucking trash. It's only the way it is to LOOK like final fantasy, it's unwieldy and shit from a practical perspective.

You and everyone are missing the actual reason it will be another FFXV: it's being made by the same core team.

Why? The series has been shit since Nomura added his edgy OCs.

Dude, KH 3 isn't the end of the story, it's just the end of "book 1"

I think everyone here realises that. Teasing/not delivering a game for 10 years is a byproduct of shit management and lack of a core team to actually deliver on that hype

I WANT TO BELIEVE

that game's point was to tell you the story of roxas.

the point of this was to explain where did the bottled letter at the end of 2 originated, which leads to….

the point of this one was to lead directly into KH3 after KH2s happy end.

and because they actually started developing like… last week? all those "trailers" and cutscenes we saw were just bullshots. they made 3 second animations of sora turning the keyblade into guns, and then they made an animation of sora flying around and fighting the rock titan from Hercules. and thats it. the actual game that is going to go on sale has probably begun development at the beginning of 2017. after they finished with XV.

gee i wonder, what other game did the exact same thing before? oh, thats right Duke Nukem Forever

because i loved 1, then i put up with the anime OCs and loved 2, then i tolerated all the spinoffs and actually made sense out of the mess of a story the franchise has become, its all in my head and it makes sense, all thats left in this shit pile is closure, and they will take a big shit on it.

FYI i haven't bought a single kingdom heart game, i've pirated every single one over the years. so as far as SE is concerned im a non-visible statistic.

look if xehanort gets finished, then as far as anybody cares its the end.

also its 358, not 365

Look, KH 3 will have a secret ending and a few unresolved subplots and everyone will go "OH YES I'M JUMPING IN BOOK 2 AS WELL"

Idiots will fall for the same trick again and again and again

damn my memory of these games are already fading

well gee i wonder whBECAUSE ITS BEEN 12 FUCKING YEARS

DID YOU KNOW BOYHOOD TOOK LESS TIME TO MAKE THAN KINGDOM HEARTS 3

We already know what it's going to be. The Master of Masters was secretly manipulating everything via the magical evil eye and has to be stopped, by prevent Xehanort from doing what he wanted we've only advanced his schemes and blah blah blah blah blah. Take an average PSX rpg and split its discs into 3 different games and you've got KH's plot.

Given DDD was very true to KH games
I dont reay think it will pull a ff15

Which we didn't need
Which we also didn't need
This is the only spin-off that makes sense.

Also, with all these spin-offs, where is the game dedicated to telling us what happened to Sora's Mom?

I almost forget he had one. So did he, apparently.

This should surprise absolutely no one. What a fat fucking mess Squaenix has become.

The fact that anyone thinks this series is designed to do anything other than linger indefinitely for merchanidizing purposes is unaware of how these things work. The story never mattered. It's an after thought. They throw it together at the last second after they make all the models.

not very sane to merchandise the same levels over and over until people are tired of them. Just like SEGA throwing Green Hill Zone into everything

It is a shame this is what Holla Forums has come to.

Judging by trailers alone it's already worse than 2, and trailers are usually much worse than the end game.

When Square Enix dies what will happen to Moonman

You know damn well how this happened

persona 5 was a masterpiece of a game, and it released on april.

get smoked fag. p5 is already goty.

Really now?

he will live on selling NIER AUTOMATA TEE SHIRTS

Wait I just remembered that Moonman works at Platinum games and has been there the whole time

STOP. LETTING. NOMURA. DIRECT.
It's not fucking rocket science; every game he's directed has been shit. His claim to fame was designing the characters to FFVII and even then he had two bosses shooting down his designs until he came up with something not shit.

what about KH1 and 2? Those are god-tier games.

yeah really.

t. you

thats like, your problem my man.

Try playing actually good jrpgs then, you'll probably get your mind blown.

Shills out in full force I see.

I could never even get past the 30 minute mark in 1. That intro fucking kills me. Why do all RPG games have such boring, uninteresting and mindnumbing beginnings? It's always this stupid bullshit of making you wait 30 hours until the good parts of the game start showing.

hoo boy, the intro in 1 is nothing compared to the mind numbing slog in 2

Yeah, sure, if you're looking to get to a disney world, it takes a bit, but getting off the islands shouldn't take you forever.

I remember playing 2 when I first got it and I fucking hated the guts out of it.
Then like a year or so ago I was sick and I couldn't get out of bed and thought I'd give it a shot. Five sittings later I finally finished the intro. One sitting later I finished the game.
I should probably give it another shot, shouldn't I?

Are we going to see Cup Noodles™ in Kingdom Hearts 3?

I give it ten minutes.

The entire game exists to market Disney franchises in Japan. Its basic premise is Cup Noodles™.

Come on, user, the gooks will not let us down

I can imagine the mess this has been considering the number of Disney voice actors that died in the past ten years. Then there's the idea that they wanted incorporate new worlds. I swear if I see fucking Star Wars and Marvel in there.

I already didnt have high hopes for this game since it was team osaka making it

Cup Noodles™ are the real secret to opening Kingdom Hearts. Probably. It wouldn't surprise me, every game seems to introduce yet another new way to open it.

KHII is a weird sort of game. It's got an extremely fun combat system, if you choose to actually play around with it and see all the stuff you can do. But you never actually need to do that, aside from the secret optional bosses from Final Mix, or doing something like a Level 1 run of the hardest difficulty (which is also Final Mix exclusive). You can get through basically the entire game without doing much more than mashing X and occasionally hitting triangle (and spamming reflect a few times for most of the bosses). It's not until the very end of Final Mix that you really get punished much for that mindless playstyle; and in the original release, the closest you ever get to that was one, maybe two bosses, one of which had an awful gimmick that ruined an otherwise fun fight.

They already did, Sea salt ice cream is a product that's sold in Disney land Japan and they shilled the ever loving fuck out of it in 2.

So who is gonna bet that the KH3 Intro is more then a hour?

It's not Nomura's fault that FFXV was a shitfest. The team and budget kept getting put on other projects, namely FFXIII. Then there's also the whole, "Square develops an in-house engine then dumps it for fucking Unreal". Meaning their entire staff had to be trained for the new tech and then retrained for fucking Unreal. Nomura has been plagued with shit decisions from on high, it's a miracle he's been able to get anything out. Although, I suspect that's only because the higher ups do see the marketing value of KH. Hence the endless spin-offs.

Seriously, FF Versus was meant to be a PS3 title and then KH3 was meant to get worked out. Instead we got endless delays and Wada's wild ride. Fuck FFXIII.

The only reason its goty is for the christmas cake

That sounds disgusting.

nomura dindu nuffin

Whats wrong with star wars or marvel?

They do not belong in a series that mostly uses the Disney animated movies. Hell, Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron were pushing it when they were included back in two.
Having Star Wars or Marvel would just be really out of place as for the longest time neither were owned by Disney and as such were never considered to be part of the Disney canon

Enjoying your diversity, goy?

It's pretty much a guarantee we will see some star wars and marvel crap in it.

What isn't?

You think people killed themselves during FF15's or KH3's development? Apparently that happened during FF13-2

Not the right people.

I actually tasted sea salt ice cream and it's surprisingly good.

Way too much.

Can you imagine how out of place it would be for Sora to wield a lightsaber keyblade and summon Jack Sparrow to take down the Incredible Hulk?

fuck off back to Holla Forums

such as what? oh please, redpill me about vidya with your superior tastes user sempai

it is because it means you come in here to shitpost only, in which case, you should be banned.

Wow a corporatist leftist, who would have thought.

Who gives a shit anymore? Do you like Linkin Park too?

Come to weeb vidya to discuss your kingdom hearts's without those normalfags
>>>/wv/

Most leftists aren't corporate cocksuckers?

"Oh gee let's have a director handle TWO HUGE RELEASES at once! Surely nothing can go wrong."

What the fuck is wrong with Square Enix's management. How are they still making money?

Dragon Quest X? XIV?

Now I hate DLC, but fuck off with that. I wanted to play as everyone from manseX team 13 and now some faggot is saying the story shit is too complicated for more gameplay.
That logic is whinny

found the shit/pol/ster

fuck off back to Holla Forums

The game is already a failure in my eyes.

WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED

not evry shitposter is a legty, heil hiltrt 1498

I don't own a PS4.
No game has convinced me to buy one.
I thought The Last Guardian would, but it seemed outrageously underwhelming.
I thought FFXV looked nice, but that too seemed to be another Japanese Duke Nukem Forever.
I was really excited about the FF7 remake right up until I saw it was going to be episodic.
I keep thinking that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be the game to make me buy the most popular 8th gen console.
But I don't think it will anymore.
The series devolved into Japanese light novel grade trash writing instead of a simple and clean light hearted adventure though the magical world of Disney with special guest appearance by Final Fantasy.
Instead it is a series devoted to early aughts English rock group The Darkness.

It'll be on PC within six months of release anyway.

(Heil)

They have a lot of mobile shit going on that they're pulling from.

I'm hoping lessons learned from FFXV's release is going to give the development team for KH3 the extra time that it's clearly going to need.

Any good final fantasy 11 private servers?

The final mix will add some more bosses, horrific re-colours for enemies, but won't fix these issues I'd bet.

I made first pic a while ago. Hope it is still legible/in correct order.

When Japan got in contact with the west, they never really had sweet deserts before. So they mixed in savories. I've had black sesame seed ice-cream, and it's nice. Sometimes, mad shit works.
Though apparently Japan hates Marmite/Vegimite.

KH always has something in the game to stop it being perfect, and stopping it from being an enjoyable experience to reply.
Ice Titan & 100 Acre Woods in KH 1. Atlantis in KH 2. Disney Town in KH BBS.
KH 3 will have that one boss or level that you need to beat for 100%- but will feel like pulling teeth.

Nigga you serious? Just use guard.

Yes- for 20 minutes. It's not interesting or fun, it's repetitive. Most of the bosses don't have multiple phases- as when you get to the second half they could have used it- but Ice Titan is the most egregious.

Please tell me this is a joke. What the hell would the enemies be? Polar bear gangsters and ram/sheep cops? Zootopia is just the real world full of furries. Cute movie, but not a big fantasy story that's prime crossover material.

They should limit themselves to older Disney properties, although Big Hero 6 is already confirmed and I'm sure they're going to squeeze Frozen in somewhere…

Aren't you hype for the frozen and cars level?

Hey, it coudl work. Elsa as a temporary party member throwing around ice magic, fighting ice-themed heartless and such. Seems appropriate for Kingdom Hearts.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU————-

They did a chicken little summon, they'll do the rabbit as a summon as well I bet.

If they did do it as a world, the whole feral thing could be called "darkness" like all the other "evil" aspects of KH, Sora gets a furry form (or NPCs just react confused about what he is or don't acknowledge it), and you'll get animal heartless like Power-Wilds and whatever Pride-Lands had.

A third one now? Fourth if you count his bat-hot topic outfit from halloween land.

I still want a Wreck It Ralph world, maybe they could bring in virtual Sora from Coded and bring back the gimmick the games had like those virus spots. I kinda want to see if they'll ask Sony permission to use some of their game IPs. Or if 3 ever gets ported to the Switch, we'll finally have Mushroom Kingdom Hearts.

Licensing costs probably means you won't see other legit game IPs. Unless Normura decides the next trillogy is gonna be game IPs instead of Disney (but I doubt it)
And with how much Sony make on KH- they'd kill to keep the IP under them. The only reason Square probably tolerates Nomura is that his shit sells.

I still don't know what a "heart" is

Basically a soul. Despite what Nomura says.

Nice trips. Hollywood, not counting behind-the-scenes bullshit, still makes money off kids movies. You've seen how even mediocre series like Ice Age pull in truckloads. That covers them for when they put out turds. I bet it's the same for SE. They get their money from the smaller games/mobile/publishing they do to fund their mainline disasters. Or maybe they're pulling Uwe Boll levels of tax write-offs. We'll never really know unless we're in upper management.

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

No it's not "in danger." It will be. It'll be yet another SE dumpster fire.

But Hitler, it tastes like cereal marshmallows…

JUST

Being Nomura must be suffering.

/monster/boy, whatever.

They'll probably do his original design as a Lion-Boy with a chainsaw.
Honestly, to see that abomination moving on screen would definitely be some icing on top of the shit sunday to be.

Who cares? This series was fucking trash from the beginning.

We are nothing if not taxonomists of trash, user.

Chika-Chik-Aaah

Shoulda been Xion but otherwise fucking gold.

I was gonna use that originally, but I wasn't sure it'd fit.
Damn it.

Two nukes weren't enough.

honestly don't care it took to long to happen for me to care much about KH games anymore ya 1 and 2 were nice but its been forever since i've played them i have no reason to care about kh3.

It's rare to see the hype for a game die purely because it took too damn long.

after the second game it was spin off plus backstory games then remakes of said games for the next hundred years and they what should off that E3 trailer what 4 years ago. 4 years is plenty of time to make a solid game.

I really, really, really want an in-depth documentary on all the inside reasons for why and how Squeenix mismanages SO BADLY. This is unbelievable how these projects are handled.

Half of it would be explaining how Jap companies work.

First of- you get very little time off. Like, 1 week a year in some companies (hence the stereotype of Japanese tourists rushing & snapping everything. They want to make every second count). And time off for personal reasons is frowned (unless you're looking after a kid. Then it's great! Now quit- you need to look after the kid).
The whole "salaryman-suicide" is very true. Passing out or sleeping in the office is considered OK. Hell, Back during NES days, the guy working on Kid Icarus was called back from his honeymoon on the second day to finish the game. And this attitude has not softened.

Second- the boss is god. He's more experienced and older right? So you must respect him. Shit is worse than in the US- you thank the boss for working hard, he can tease you if you do something dumb when drunk, but not the otherway around. So imagine if someone got up to top brass with brown-nosing and jewery. And of course, when everyone's afraid to talk back to the boss, no one will tell him if his idea sucks.

As for why Sqeenix specifically keeps fucking up? Look at what happened during the merger I guess. Or maybe they are trying to ape western AAA in Japan- and suffering for it.

Good post, but I fear it may be worse at this point, I think they've straight up forgotten how to make RPGs.

It's nice knowing that the internet is still absolute poison for certain toxic individuals in power.

Please explain to me how it has not dawned on the Japs that running all their companies like that is pure cancer on the well-being of their people

Bosses who never get told no + Games that aren't that great riding on the coat-tails of the previous games success + The IP becoming less trust-worthy over time + No casual/SJW audience to aim for instead= Less respect and less money.

Plus they now love action RPGs which involve a very different design to turn-based RPGs.

This. All hype for anything but the gameplay and Shimomura's best is completely dead.

I expect the worst world wise at this point aside from Olympus Coliseum. At least Sora and Riku will be able to beat up shitty new villains mercilessly.

Alright. It looks like I'm running out of reasons to care anymore. I've been waiting over a decade for this, and with every bit of news that comes out, every new remaster or rerelease or reremastered rererelease HD edition, and every delay, the shreds of hope I have left die more and more. Where did all the wonder go? KH turned from a heartwarming story about a young boy exploring cartoon fantasy worlds, into some convoluted mess of whatever the hell everything since KH2 was.
Was this the real coming of age story all along Following a series I loved as a kid until it became a huge, tangled mess and I grew to be disgusted by everything about it?

There was supposed to be a "?" after "along".

Hahahahaha, get fucked.

The Kingdom Hearts franchise has a billion iterations and a gazillion re-releases

Is there really any reason at all to be hyped or expectant for this game when there's so many options available already of the same thing? Can't be because of the story either because it's full retard

This series peaked on the very first game and it's been ALL downhill from there. Anyone who expected anything from this is retarded

?

Unsurprising. Square-Enix in its current state couldn't open a lemonade stand without 5 years of development hell first.

When is Sora's mom coming back?

how the fuck many belts and zippers does this man need to crowbar into the game before he calls it quits

Doesn't seems like FFXV helped them seeing how they fucked IO for something what they weren't responsible for. Do you maybe believe that Square lost 40 millions only because of Hitman when it's a known fact that FFXV was a development hell. Their only profitable recent release was Nier: Automata, they actually made a report about sales this time IIRC which wasn't embarrassing to read.

Square Enix are pretenders, they can only dream to be like them, but they don't realize that they're not as big as they were several years ago. They don't even have as much developers as EA or Nintendo have. At the same time they're doing their shit even worse than EA, the worst possible developer in the western gaming industry. I don't think I saw EA doing something like "Augment your pre-order" or episodic releases business model bullshit. Square can't cover their asses by charity shield either.
Their day will come very soon if they continue to fuck themselves. Soon they'll close every their studio and then it would be too late to fix their mistakes.

Well, 2 is a tough act to follow.

Are you faggots forgetting that we got gameplay prior to 2017?

Reminder we got Scalebound gameplay too :^)

Was any of the other kingdom hearts series ever released on PC?

Noh.

Possibly as Sora's daughteru.

Kingdom Hearts 1 is the only good one

it is like they want to get in trouble

DLC, and EA's entire business model with sports games is pretty much all that bullshit and more. The "Augment your preorder" thing was basically a marketing attempt to garner hype and preorders, since it didn't take it's back to the original model preorder content by region that every other company does.

At this point I've just convinced myself that the Ice Titan was only included as a means of grinding tech points to level up for Sephiroth so as not to ruin the fanwank effect with unbridled frustration. That fight was fucking garbage.

Oh no, a bad kingdom hearts, surely this would be a first.

The only bad KH game so far was KH2FM, but it was okay unless you were doing something retarded like a level 1 critical mode playthrough. I'm not sure why they would have added something as pointless as exp 0; all it did was encourage you to skip all the fights you could, and cheese anything you couldn't skip. Otherwise it was a pretty good game. I liked the parts where you got to play as Mickey. How's my bait?

user you are a national treasure, bless your heart.

Your standards are falling.
But anyone with half a brain knows that any game that takes longer than 5 years to be released is going to be medicore at best and unplayable garbage ala Angel of Darkness.

Who's ready for localization to crack another joke about Donald Trump like they did with FFV and Hitman?

NiOh was actually pretty good, but things are getting worse.

Exdeath wasn't a Trump reference user.

Remember, we live in an age where people love to make mountains out of molehills after seeing the lugenpresse do exactly that for the last 2 years only for the other side to retaliate with the exact tactic.
Normalfags, gonna be normal.

He was actually referencing an inserted quip about "alternative facts" in the FFXV DLC, something that wasn't in the japanese version.

check em

But alternative facts IE lying to people in higher power isn't anything new. The left is ready to call everything a shot on trump while the heavy weight that the right carries calls everything that talks about a political entity in a negative light "a shot on trump". But, are you really that surprised that a western branch located in commieforina and gay french nigger land canada would add dialogue to virtue signal to their new fanbase?

Have you been living under a rock? "Alternative facts" is only in any parlance because of a verbal gaffe made by a Trump surrogate.

And if it wasn't "alternative facts" it would be fake news. If it wasn't fake news then it would be a joke about a wall. It it wasn't a joke about a wall then it would be about making X great again. The left can't help but to virtue signal and the best anyone can do is point it out and move on. Just like pointed out, we see actual jabs in XV but then we see people seeing a penis in a cigar store when people see an insult directed towards trump in fucking FFV. I'm just trying to keep a level head when seeing this shit.

You don't need to play a game yourself to recognize ingame footage.

The funny thing is a major plot point of the protagonists of FFXV is that they have to maintain a wall that saves their city from the demons outside. The real issue is that it wasn't in the japanese.

The wall thing was really only a plot point in the kingsglaive movie. I don't think it's mentioned at all in the game, and only shown in that cutscene montage where Lucis falls, where there is no dialogue.

All I know is that Noctis' real goal was to make generic fantasy setting great again.

WHEN

SOON

>>>/mai/

I don't see how that's any more out of tone than summoning chicken little to take down generic bishie number a billion

Only if they model what's under Elsa's dress.

Serves them right, they trusted (((Disney))) & SWEENIX

Maybe they'll give her spats, like Aqua. That would be nice. Spats are great, they saved Aqua from being completely awful. She's gotten the most screentime, and no one else has ever really done anything, and still the best thing about her is her outfit. How could such terrible voice acting possibly make it into the game?

I don't get it. His post just says "soon", why are you directing him to the waifufag board?

What I do at this point is just mentally retcon shit so I can enjoy the closure that's there at the end of 2.
There's probably more, but I think those are the main things. And then what's left is a game where the initial conflict is Sora getting his friends back and getting back home, half of it being resolved in that game, a segue game, a sequel game that resolves the rest of the initial conflict, and a harmless spinoff epilogue that while I don't much care about doesn't damage the established story with nonsense so it can stay. Bam. Simplified and cleaned up just like that.

I don't give the slightest shit about how the story in kh3 is going to unfold anymore. Even the disney shit. Back when the games first came out I liked disney and enjoyed all of the movies that had levels in the games and almost all of the ones that had minor appearances, it was charming as fuck. I haven't seen any of the newer movies that are going to be visited in 3 and I probably don't care to. All I really give a damn about now this many years after 2 is if it's still fun to play.

SHARON?
GRANDFATHER?
REAAN????

Do you think we'll finally get Kairi as a world partner like Rikku was in KHII?

I wouldn't think too hard about it

Probably, since she'll obviously be doing something, although I'm a little worried they might go the XV route of making every character that isn't Sora or Riku have their own DLC

That's all alpha footage of early-game gameplay though, Luminous KH3 and UE4 KH3 don't even play the same. They've also been taking player feedback from 0.2 and we haven't seen an update on the gameplay in 2 years so this next trailer at E3 will probably make or break how the finished game's gameplay will be like.

>tfw you realise that KH III was announced last E3 2013

honestly I don't care about KH anymore. When I was younger I would have killed to get more KH games, but after death by sleep and the gba game I just stopped giving a shit. The characters that used to be interesting and intricate for a kids game and the gameplay that was fast and fun. I just don't care any more.

This tbh. The only thing that would make me give a shit is a PC release with full mod support.