I just wanna play the fucking game

I was trying to play Just Cause 3 and it took me too long to find out McAfee thinks JustCause3.exe is a Virus, it's constantly quarantining the file over and over again and I can't exclude the file from scans because I don't have permission to select the file. So the only solution I have is to turn off real time scanning every single time i want to play the game.

What are times when you said "I just want to play the fucking game"

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Windows_software
malwarebytes.com/trial/#trial
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice, gave me a chuckle

What antivirus would you recommend instead?

you deserve everything that's happening to you.

I was unaware it was shit. I don't plan on using it anymore.

Did you pay for the license?

None

Common Sense.

It comes with denuvo, your virus scanner is right

Spybot Search and destroy, TDSSkiller, and malware bytes. All these are free.

But then again, "your" copy of the game is just a license to play it.

Just disable it when you wanna play, or go to File Properties>Security>Allow Full Control for your user account. Also,
it's like you want to get hacked

Far Cry Blood Dragon

GTA4

Batman Arkham Asylum

Lost about 50% progress. Whelp.

I think those are the worst ones, there are many more.

Mc fucking kill yourself

Avast is alright, paid ones are unfortunately where it's at now, or at last least time I bothered to check, you can get licences online for really cheap too, less than $10.

This is actually the McAfee guy

When Starcraft 2, WoL was released I went and got it.
Didn't expect to have to sign up for Battlenet - never played any other game of theirs besides the original Starcraft.
Took fucking ages, and then there were all the updates for both Battlenet and SC2 before I could actually play.
Fuck around with authentication codes and setting up account for longer than I ever thought would be necessary.
They then keep shilling World of fucking Warcraft.
After taking a break from gaming for a couple of weeks, I return to find my account has been hacked, likely in the hopes I had a WoW account they could abuse.
Spend fucking ages recovering the account, and just as long linking an authenticator to my phone.
They still keep shilling World of Cuntcraft.

Next time I play, nothing fucking works and I have to keep re-registering the cunting authenticator.

At this point, I no longer want to play their shitty-ass game.
They can take their god-damn battlenet and stick it up their fucking ass.

Common Sense 2016

Install HIV/AIDS.

Avast Free (w/ only real-time file scanning and browser protection modules installed so it won't hog your pc) + Malwarebytes AntiRansomware (as that shit's becoming worse every day) + Chromium or Opera w/ uBlock Origin (w/ Fanboys Ultimate + Malwaredomains lists).
Still needs Common Sense 2017 too though, and I'm not sure you can use it since you were using McAfee in current year.

i bet you used internet explorer until chrome came out.

Install any norton antivirus if you lack the common sense to use McAfee. Tinfoilware will help you.

if you lack common sense as to use McAfee*

Even the creator of the software hates what it's been turned into.

Do you use internet explorer and/or chrome too? I'm sure you're the type of retard who would go into the Bronx at night yelling "Niggers, go pick that cotton".

How hard is it to just not pick up malicious software?

Does McAfuck not allow you to add programs to an exclusion list?

I think I've found our OP.

Wut

Microsoft Security Essentials + Malware Bytes

Tbh is better. Yell niggers at night in the bronx most will laugh at you will two will beat you up then laugh at you, then laugh at you with the friends that didn't beat you up.

Chicago it's: "ey ho up" BLAT BLAT BLAT "awww shiii"
Then they get shot too.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Windows_software

Bioshock 1 had a bug that made the game overheat your gpu to the point it could ruin it, after a few minutes playing your frame rate would get worse until it became unplayable.

I had to do a fucking lot of shit to figure it out, just to turn out that game was a console FPS piece of shit overhyped by hipsters.

IM FUCKING INVINCIBLE

Every single fucking time I start up a game and there's like 18 different studio logos and game engine logos that have to fucking march past my fucking screen before the title screen of the game can even be loaded.
And then the insult of having to deal with not being able to skip tutorials.

It does but what ever Square Enix did to the .EXE (denuvo I guess) made it incompatible with the exclusion list.

You’re retarded.

this.
Whatever happened to forcing it on first startup and then letting me alone?
Bonus points for the game needing to restart for a bunch of config crap so you waste half a day watching logos.

Is malwarebytes all you'll really ever need? Is there any worth in real time protection outside of common sense?

Hahah you know it, fellow /Holla Forumsideogamer :)

I smell a new flavor text in the index header

Thank you, Pajeet. $0.05 was deposited into your Microsoft Windows Store account.

Since this is apparently an antivirus thread, is TrendMicro any good? My mom got it for her computer a few months ago.

avast

probably not for home use, having a good router firewall is more valuable than malware bytes though

Basically anything else.

Eventually I'll have to, but for now I will keep my windows 7 until this computer explodes or microsoft makes a windows that isn't such a pain in the ass to troubleshoot because there are way less options to tweak or fix problems.

This.
Can relate to, I have a friend saying I should use W10 + Linux but I don't have enough time for that and who the fuck does?
Like raw convenience is a real factor, man.

As shitty as McAfee is, it's not wrong here.

Had a similar situation: Windows Defender always detects Crysis 2 as malware.

It's true, win10 fuckin gutted the options on what you control and can do
Even some of the basic background and theme color tweaks have been removed, which triggers my autism hard as hell

don't actually do this

lel

If you're running Windows you're already part of the botnet.

After having my PSP pirated for years, I made the mistake of buying MGS Peace Walker, and boy, it was a pain in the ass to update the CFW, and change it's parameters to run MGS

You and me both brother.

Enjoy paying for false positives

That's the joke, if you're stupid enough to install McAfee you probably need an anti-virus that is as paranoid as Holla Forums to keep you safe

Malwarebytes you fuck

It's obvious how new you are just from the stupid shit you chimps come up with.

what a guy

avast and malware bytes

McAfee - LOL that is fuckin hillarious.
Try coming out from under your rock OP and search vault7 wikileaks on your chrome browser. Try not to overdose on the redpills

Avast also causes random BSOD every time you start the PC on Windows XP.

nigga unless your computer is made of parts you made yourself you are already in the botnet if you are on the internet you are in the botnet if you are using an imageboard you are in the botnet

Sure thing, but at least I don't use a Microsoft antivirus.

avast for active protection, malware bytes for scanning.
avast has a pirate language option too, so you might wanna look in to that. it used to be pretty hard to navigate the pirate menus because it was all "yar har fiddle dee dee", but sadly thats been fixed.

I'm jumping across to Ubuntu after the support for Win 7 ends. Not using Win 10 ever.

how grandma do you have to be? do people here seriously do this?

JC3 could give you terminal cancer so your AV is right to protect you

if youre not going to use the active feature, you might as well just use mbam and run the scan when you feel like it.

Well I went with Malware bytes since so many of you gave it a recommendation, Sorry for not already knowing how shit McAfee was, but at least it looks like everyone got a laugh out if this.

do note that the free version does not offer active protection. malwarebytes.com/trial/#trial

if you have a good (recent) cpu there's not much reason to wait. kvm has very little overhead and is pretty easy to set up; just toss windows 7 and whichever games, clients you need on it.
personally i'd feel comfortable running windows 10 in kvm for games that require it, but i haven't encountered any reason to yet.

what's it like to pay someone to fuck up your machine for no benefit and cuck you out of playing games?
let me guess, you don't uninstall it because it's your mom's machine and she might get mad

marginally better, thank you.
the best AV protection available is 'common sense' but it's very hard to find and you can't buy it

user all your games are slowing down the computer

I'm bookmarking guide on the internet on how to remove telemetry, which there are way more than I expected, but there has to be some third party program that adds some of the functionality lost from win7 to win10.

Common sense is best antivirus, but I run a free version of Avast to have a safety net when I do something retarded. Saves me from the occassional trojan when I trust a link I shouldn't have trusted usually one from here too you fucking niggers

it's called windows 7

How shit is AVG Free Edition?

AVG sold out and turned into Norton.

Feels great not having worry about shitty antivirus programs since switching to linux.

Is there vidya on Linux?
I'm not shitposting, I really want to know. If I have a shit tier 10 year old toaster and I want to play various types of stuff from various ages, would switching to loonix fuck my shit up?

Both yes, eh.
I'm not linux-er myself, but checking rutracker section for linux games returns
500+ results (max 500) in "Linux native"
317 results in "Ported to Linux"

so, i guess you'll have shit to play, but not everything.

There's lots of shit that plays on linux, most of it are the old classics.
New shit that runs on linux consists mostly of indie games, not many big titles, and what doesn't run natively may run through WINE (or playonlinux for humans).

You get a native library of open source ripoffs of proprietary games that fail to have gameplay because everyone can code that in but doesn't want to and you can emulate windows* to play everything else* *.

* fuck da system
* * not really :^)

Well that is a Just Cause

Yes and no.
Modern games are hit and miss, older games work great on wine and few have a linux port. Personally i don't really care since we haven't had a good game in years and anything dx9 works great but you'll run into that one game you want to play that is unplayable on wine and has no port which will ruin everything for you.

If you mean toaster games like Jagged Alliance 2 or older FPS games like Quake then Linux has you covered. Using Wine and source ports you can play both and a ton more, including Arx Fatalis.

Wine can have some problems though. If you ever thought about playing the older CnC games, tough luck kid. The game freezes when you aren't moving the mouse and it also freezes when you go to the menus. HOMMV patches crashes Linux and makes the PC reboot. Seriously. The Sims 2 will never work because of how Wine renders things. A good solution to all of these problems is to both get a VM running on your distro using VMWare Player as well as dualboot with your preferred version of Windows.

Games aside, you'll be impressed by how well Linux runs on older hardware that makes Windows choke.

Got Neverwinter Nights Diamond on GOG. Apparently it hates Windows 10 and won't let me play no matter what I do to fix it. My fault for having Windows 10, though, so I can't be too much of a bitch over it.

I've gotten The Sims 3 to work, I don't see how 2 wouldn't work.

this is the kind of people that are left posting on this board now

Wanna yiff?

*Grabs you by the throat* back the fuck off??!??!

Teleports behind you "Nothing personnel kid"

*represents his bumjole to you* ♡♡♡

For shame

It's even better if you watch the documentary about him (I think it's called Gringo) that's intended to be a hitpiece but ends up making you like him more.
He would've been the best president this country had ever seen.

What the hell antivirus does Holla Forums recommend these days anyway? Their wiki lists comodo of all fucking things which changed my homepage and search engine to fucking yahoo.

stop this meme at once

*unzips dick*

this tbh, although i ve been considering the free version of bit defender if it has less impact on my system, because i have really low risk anyway as i exercise common sense when browsing and downloading stuff.

Hahahaha nice bait friend, back to le >>>/trash/

nod 32

His life story is basically like if someone went to a party, got fucked up, listened to a guy rant on Hunter S Thompson for 2 hours, watched a crime show with one of those audacious hacking scenes, went home, and combined his blacked out memories into a 300 page novel.

test0