Hellgate: London

So, i installed Lost London V along side shitty nude mod and selected Elite difficulty, and holy shit i am in for a ride. I know the game was shat upon when it was released because it wasn't what developers promised, but mods surely fixed this game for me. Lost London introduced more enemies, bigger maps, bigger bosses, merged classes, better rewards. I am fucking addicted to this game already.
Fucking EA games though. This is so far the only diablo clone with first person shooting that isn't fucking borderlands. And its fantastic. Quite hard too on elite, have to dodge all the ridiculous hitboxes.

So, what's your opinion on hellgate? I heard people actually played some sort of mmo version of this.

Other urls found in this thread:

hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-modification-downloads/lost-london-v/
moddb.com/mods/revival-sp-modification
hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-modification-downloads/nagahaku-mod-3-0-international/
tessmage.com/forum/index.php?topic=56286.0
tessmage.com/downloads/Hellgate_Nude_v3_FINAL.rar
nexusmods.com/helgatelondon/mods/1/?
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5334346
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I never played it modded, only vanilla, and found it horribly boring. And that comes from a person who played through something like Sacred 2 several times.
Are mods really that good?

Well there are three main overhauls:
Lost London V (which enlarges gaming areas and merges classes)
hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-modification-downloads/lost-london-v/
Revival (general rebalance of the game)
moddb.com/mods/revival-sp-modification
Nagahaku (didn't tried that one)
hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-modification-downloads/nagahaku-mod-3-0-international/

There also various retextures, but most are simple, and one nude mod by tessera.
tessmage.com/forum/index.php?topic=56286.0 (i think it requires registration)

My nigga.

Any word on their getting other new shit in? Last I heard they'd just made some major progress on porting the freemium re-release's content over to single player but it was no where near ready for release.

I only know that work right now is going on to implement multiplayer with modded version of the game.

How good looking are the waifus?
Upload it in a MEGA

Wait are those big ass mods compatible, or I get to choose one? Which one is better in your opinion?

That would also be nice.

Also, have you done Lost London V before? It's a kick for the first half hour or hour but it can become a real fucking slog after awhile when you're just wading through shoulder-to-shoulder hordes of enemies endlessly. I ended up preferring the fairly vanilla Revival patch in all honesty.

Such a fucking shame that game is so cursed, I love me some jesus fanfiction mixed with super tech.

Not OP but in my opinion, Revival is the most playable.

Lost London turns everything up to 11, it has obscenely huge mobs of enemies, giant bosses, crazy over the top weapons and skills, it's pretty neat but as I mentioned above becomes a huge slog after awhile when you're busy killing several hundred enemies for another side quest. It's pretty good though.

Nagahaku is a lot like Lost London, iirc they actually share a lot of features. Like Lost London it revamps the classes, adds tons of new gear and greatly increases enemy counts. It's much more hardcore though, if memory serves, in that the thing is surprisingly difficult. I preferred Lost London overall though.

Revival is pretty much the vanilla game but tuned up and broadened with a lot of quality of life changes and unobtrusive additions, that is to say that they added a lot of stuff but they put it in in such a natural way you'd almost think it was vanilla content. It's betty gud and probably my favorite overall.

They all offer some good stuff though, it's worth playing around with all three to find your favorite. The game has aged surprisingly well, I still hit it up from time to time.

I use Lost London V + nude mod only. Nude mod had to be installed after the gameplay mod. So far so good. Nagahaku and revival not compatible with Lost London but Lost London already has some things from old version of Revival.
I chose lost london because i wanted bigger maps getting generated.

I actually found the only way to fix those "hordes". Open Lost London addons, and add from it "kill 100" mission (by default you need to kill 200 monsters in those) and Elite Hard (because by default the Elite difficulty is set to "basic" in lost london). It makes less enemies hoarding you during killing missions, and harder elite gives them more health (because last time i played this thing on normal i killed everything in one hit). Elite difficulty really changes how mod is played and its not recommended to play on normal.

Wait a second, test this link:
tessmage.com/downloads/Hellgate_Nude_v3_FINAL.rar
If it doesn't work, i'l upload somewhere.

Those are screenshots from the author of the nude mod, if you are interested in how it looks.

Yep, its working, thanks friend

Lewd!

That's not a seam in between legs and belly. That's actually a belt author for some reason decided to draw. I don't know why.

To hide the seams.

Nice find OP. I will definitely try this.

There's also another overhaul worth mentioning:
nexusmods.com/helgatelondon/mods/1/?
By description its obviously worse than the other three, but at least its a living proof that community is some what alive. Funnily its the only one posted on nexus.

Also posting promotional trailer from 10 years ago.

And E3 2007 gameplay.

shit game, good music video

engineer 4 lyfe. we should all play together

Hellgate devs were such scammers. I was in the beta and we all kept shouting how terrible the core game was and how buggy it is but the devs just said "its an old buildxD we fixed it all!". forward to release and they fixed NOTHING. I have never been so pissed at a developer. Hellgate deserved better.

This i noticed too. Ranged classes in the game are superior to melee ones. In both fun and usability factor. Shooter mechanics alone makes it easier to get away from a difficult situation, by keeping distance and not sucking at aiming. Templars and guardians (or in case of mods both of them at once) have to engage enemy directly no matter what cost, and therefore they are at disadvantage against high level foes. Not to mention shitty looking gear.
If you play hellgate like you would play serious sam, you would never suck at it, no matter what difficulty.

lmao you NEVER played guardian! they are immortal with the right gear.

I was the guy who reverse engineered it to show that there was no cow level in that giant autism thread about the cow level. So much of that game was a lie. Here, have a screenshot of something weird I found while doing it.

Vanilla was extremely boring and bland-looking. MMO-like quests, lots of backpedaling along corridor-like maps required. The RTS minigame segments were clunky. Finished it once as the engineer, not going to do that a second time.

*RTS → RTT

Has there been a actionRPG where melee is equal to or better than ranged? Afaik that has NEVER happened since Diablo1…

Is there a good download for the base game with securom removed?

Good shit OP

Not in diablo-like games.

Path of Exile there was a time where, Blade Vortex, Blade Flurry and Earthquake were the meme builds

I'd like to know this too. The one hosted on IGG-games is apparently corrupted.

Diablo 3, barbarian was the best class by far for a long time.

Name once case where the "Old build, release will be fixed" shit was not a lie.

Don't tell me all you guys infected yourselves with this crap just to play the game. There has to be a proper clean version out there.

I remember playing a free version with no securom, even had an active community.

Is this open source or an abandonware now? i remember a petition requesting for the release of the source code years ago.

Neither considering its not Open Source and Bungie updated the online play 3 years ago.

The vanilla was horridly boring because the makers tried to make diablo 2 in FPS, which in the end, turned into an FPS with floating numbers and no satisfying feedback from your actions. However the idea was certainly ahead of its time and as flawed as it was, it's currently popular in the form of the hated game borderlands and destiny.

Titan quest/grim dawn. There's melee tank builds where if the enemy so much as touches you, they take 35k critical damage plus any reflected damage.

What made him good?

Haha.. I remember trying Thorns aura for my first d2 pal build…

But D2 thorns aura is not demonstrably better than ranged builds, which was the argument.

I missed my Deunan wannabe

Also anons, it's been years since I started up hellgate. How does one get a copy of it these days? There's no digital copies available is there if one does not have the network to pirate at this moment.

I missed dual wielding P90s

This version works perfectly fine:
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5334346
64 bit version does not require any cd. Crack is only for x86 version.

Many cheers user.