Devil May Cry

Why aren't you stylish yet?

Do you have any stylish videos of the final fight with Vergil? I've watched a few S-rank DMD runs of the fight but they all seem to use the same safe tactics, repeatedly jump-canceling Killer Bee with Beowulf and then abusing Quicksilver style.

Because getting good at something requires you not to freak the fuck out and smash your wall in rage when you aren't doing perfectly right away, which is something I have yet to master.

I don't, I think the only really stylish stuff you can do on that fight is royal guard a lot.

Because spamming the same 2-3 moves over and over again is far more efficient.

your going to get a shit rank though.

Ok so in relation to a possible DMC 5 this is what I managed to find.
That webm is already more then a year old and there have been allot of rumors. whether or not you think any of this is true is up to you.

There's also this.

Wait, fuck. That's the wrong one.

I have no style

I have no grace

Even if the game he's working on isn't DMC, it's still something to look forward to, Since Itsuno has put out allot of quality games.

Do you have a funny face?

It's been a while

Well there isn't really a good subject for us all to discuses when it comes to DMC currently, not until DMC 5 is officially announced.

Is it safe to talk about this game since there are PC ports of it or is it still hindered by the DmC and playstation baggage?

DMC 1 and 2 can be emulated
DMC 3's port was fixed by the style switcher mod
DMC4's original port was good like with DMC4SE's port being good but not as good.7

DmC's PC port is fine but it is missing the definitive edition content but most of that was just ripped off from mods people made to fix the game.

we can always speculate and hope

*god like

How about without touching the ground?

Also anyone who hasn't tried out the weapon switcher part of style switcher should do so. Getting used to 6+ weapons is tough but you can do some hilarious shit with it.

Generally my hopes for DMC5 are that it will be like DMC4 but not like DMC4.

Yes, this is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Who the hell records these? This and the ones in OP's posts are obviously all the same guy, I've seen a few of them posted around.

Style switcher is great but this ended up happened after I beat Jester one time I don't know if this was the game or the mod's fault

Yeah I just want a full fucking game this time.

Also that webm is from this Video which is a TAS

I have hopes for the story, but I will be happy with whatever they come up with as long as the game is cuhrayzee

They're from R-KY's TAS run. Sadly most of the really absurd videos on JewTub are gone since Blowhard was mirroring them from Nico and his channel got nuked at some point.

I'd like for them to officially retcon DMC2 and find a way to bring back Lucia, I really liked her DT and I feel like she has allot of potential if she were to come back. she could be the straight man type character to everyone else's Cuhrayzee.
Then again I would love for all the Girls in DMC to get more story and gameplay time.

>get stuck on Nelo NERO Angelo 3 for a while on Normal
DMC3's gonna eat me alive, isn't it?

it handles much better than 1, if you're fairly new you're probably gonna have a bit of trouble with the first boss already, but don't be discouraged and make sure you get the style switcher mod if you play on pc

Even the toned down Special edition of DMC3 is still pretty hard on Normal until you unlock Devil Trigger.
but still you'll get better over time, the more you play DMC the better you get the more fun it gets.

Also a Tip for DMC1 use charged Ifrit punches when DT'd, seriously that helped me a ton on Dante must die mode and your playing on normal.

DMC3 is the hardest early on, when you have few moves, don't know the game and it throws stuff at you once you meet Cerberus.

You have much more freedom and options however, especially with the style switcher mod, so its quite manageable.

the first boss on dmc3 is a casual filter.
after that it isn't too bad until agni and rudra.

Where probably never going to get a Sparda prequel, but a man can dream.

Nigger how the hell does it take months to beat DMC1, that game is like three hours long. When you want to play DMC3 you set aside a weekend to play it and you play the whole thing.

Doesn't DMC3SE just rename the difficulty modes to what they were in the original japanese release? They were changed in the original western release.

DMC 3 didn't have an JP easy mode, there Normal was our easy and hard was normal.

Can confirm this post.

Friend owns it, loves it, can beat the hardest difficulties no problem. I had a bit of trouble against Cerberus and got cockblocked by Agni and Rudra and dropped it. I'm really bad at 3rd person action games (this, Bayonetta, God of War, etc)

I accidentally replaced my ~70% dante file with my new vergil file 10 something years ago and never touched it ever since.
It's a great game nevertheless.

That was the worst part about DMC3SE I'v saved over one of those files too many times.
DMC4SE fixed that problem by letting you just switch characters in the level menu.

Don't you have the cooler version of this gif where Nero dodges the spears twice while taunting and walks towards the camera as if he's bored only to grab the spear coming from behind and return it?

Here it is.

Crazy Tournament when?

So how are your favorite playable characters through out the series.
Mine are DMC1 Dante because he hands down has the best Devil Trigger move list, and DMC4 Vergil because he can melt bosses

*who

What about a prequel where you play as Sparda

I really like playing Vergil in both DMC3 and 4 since I love when a game lets you play as a villain, but he does feel kind of limited compared to Dante in both games (less so in 4, but even still).

DMC3/4 are the only action games that I find to be good. All the ones I've played (Western ones, Plat ones) are just: Mash buttons and press dodge or betterthandodge when enemies do slow obvious animations, that are easy to deal with.

Any other games like DMC? I heard Gay Ninja Dan is good but

I'm with you man
but right now the Safest choice Capcom can make to win back fans is to just bring back Dante.

If I were to think ambitiously though, I would want separate and unique Campaigns for all the main characters in the series (Dante, Nero, Vergil, Lady, Trish, Sparda) and when you beat them you can replay those levels with any character you want.

Just fap to Mistral from MGRR

Dont worry, you'll unlock easy mode if you die to cerberus in 3 :^)

True, I do want to see what Dante does next. I'll just be satisfied with another Sparda costume or two for now

That sounds like a good idea. I'd like a dedicated boss rush mode that's separate from Bloody Palace and for Bloody Palace to have no time limit again (as well as for the game to actually be finished this time wew).

DMC4 Dante is pretty much perfection in terms of gameplay imo, all I'd really be looking for in terms of improvements there would be having about as many styles and weapons as you had in 3, only having access to all of them all the time like in 4. After that I guess it would just depend on how good and varied the bosses and enemies are. I'd also be interested in seeing them implement that Perfect Devil Trigger concept they wanted to put in 4, pics related.

Antagonist?

Having access to all weapons and Styles is great on paper, but that sounds like a handful for new players, DMC4 was my first DMC game and due to the huge move list, I was awful with Dante until I when back and played DMC3 with each style to learn them individually.
I think I nice compromise would be to let you customize your load out in the pause screen. If you only want to use 2 weapons and 1 style you can or if your an expert player crank it up to eleven with 6 styles and 6 weapons or more.

Also apparently they were going to give Nero his own styles in DMC4 but couldn't due to time constraints, could you imagine if everyone could style switch and not just Dante.

Put that jpg by mistake but no harm done.

Depending on what games you're talking about, you're either not playing on a challenging difficulty or you're not paying attention to your rank. If you've played Platinum's games but not Clover's you could start with Viewtiful Joe.

Alternatively Itsuno made a lot of action games before DMC3 and 4, but they're not necessarily similar.

Freesia is more crazy than Bayonetta

You are crazy.

I'm always down for talking shit about DmC.

As much as I hate DmC I feel bad for everyone who made it, except for Tameem. I'm sure they all thought the game was going to be their big brake, but thanks to Tameem's shitty writing and him doing the worst PR of all time, they're probably going to be out of a job when no one buys Hell Blade, but then again no one at Ninja Theroy is good at making games so I guess they deserve it.

The guy who played Donte seems like a nice guy and his big brake was a game that was doomed before he even got involved.