Buyfag/Collector Thread

We're into May now anons, what have you picked up since the last thread? You're keeping your shit clean and tidy, right?

What are you;

Whats the 'rarest' game you've got anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!g9Ii0IRa!uH1u577ezfInFCdct2UqP53lON2T9bM7FbFg4yUr2LU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bought this bad boy. Unfortunately most racing games won't support it, like Dirt Rally, even tough that game came out after the logitech g920. Works still perfect with ETS2 and Project Cars.

What's the best version of the Spectrum?

im debating on whether to get a nivida vision 3d (dead tech but cheap) or a PSVR to watch 3d movies.

the rarest game i have is Jurassic park the game collectors edition. it was never sold at retail. o

On Wednesday, I went on a massive thrift-store venture to keep the doldrums away. I passed up a pile of loose INTV carts because the Goodwill out in Buttfuck, Egypt wanted $2 each, but I already have a decent INTV collection, and the IntelliVoice module. I just have no fucking system to play the games. Bought DooM II on CD during the same trip. In all, the trip was a bust. Like 9 different stores, and I got overcharged for DooM 2, and bought one of those surge protector/power switch platforms used in ye olden tymes (printer, monitor, computer, aux 1, aux 2, master) and a pet carrier for a relative in need of one.

Since I now work all day from Friday through Monday, yard sales are a fucking bust, unless someone has a stroke and decides that Wednesday is a good day to have a neighborhood sale or something. Thrift stores in my area are DEVOID of video gamery and computer stuff. All I see with any regularity is floppy disk containers (3.5" & 5.25"), which I have more than enough of already.

These simulator racing wheels are not meant for fucking glorified Mario Cart games you dumbass. Get yourself rFactor2 and iRacing.

Haven't found any games locally worth picking up for a month or two now. Did find some cheap anime DVD sets though (first season of Darker Than Black, and a complete boxed set of Noein). Have been on the lookout for cheap (IE: ~$12) local copies of DKCR and Fragile Dreams though, in the hopes for potential multimedia pricing fuckups, but I've been seeing neither around at them. With how well the former sold, and the 3DS version providing another option (which I've heard some say to have the better control scheme), I'd have thought the Wii version would be more readily findable out here, and at lower than average prices, but that doesn't seem the case. Really should have bought that copy of DKCR I saw for $8 late last year, but I think I was having to reserve my spending money for something else at the time (maybe birthday or Christmas gifts for other people).

Really not that sure of what prints sizes the actually hard to find games I've picked up saw (barring ones with intentionally short physical prints that didn't see retail release), but going off prices, and not counting multipart installments (like.hack//G.U.), probably Tales of Eternia for the PS1 (known as "Tales of Destiny II" in the US).

No.
Just no.

You don't even own a proper gear to play that game, so what do you even have to tell? The amazing story of sour grapes?

I may go on another thrift store run in a day or two, if only to try to salve my disappointment in the last trip. My rarest game? The last time I checked was in like 2000, and at the time, it was Towering Inferno for the 2600. Some of my most valuable games, on the other hand, are apparently these.

How hard is it to get some decent studio monitors?

The prerequisite of knowing what makes a good monitor (and knowing that we're not talking about video displays) is too high a hurdle for people who have more dollars than sense.

A boxed, unopened copy of ET for Atari

Also, Space Hulk for the PSone

Both games are pretty realistic and not trash like need for speed or the crew.

on the hunt for a free crt with component inputs, right now i'm rocking a beaner-core 19" sylvania composite video and mono audio. Got a dual rca to 3.5mm cable sending sound to a solid 2.1 speaker set.

OY
VEY
Get Assetto Corsa.

Posting my collection.
Added quite a few PS2 and 360 games, while phasing out PS4 and Vita games I wasn't playing/wasn't having fun with.
I still need to pick up Fatal Frame 3.

I have a complete, boxed copy of Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete with all the gubbins.

I also have a bunch of PS1 RPGs in various states of niceness, and a boxed copy of Secret of Mana I picked up a while back, but I don't know if that's too pleb-tier for people.

Looks like you could do with looking around for a better camera too. Just saying, given how splotchy that image is.

Reminds me I need to update my own image sometime, especially since it doesn't seem like there's liable to be much added for the time being now.

If you've got a camera, post them.
I do hope you didn't have to pay too much for that. SNES games are bad enough priced for cart only, and boxed copies with the manual and all are liable to be a god bit more. Reminds me that I once saw an unopened Super Metroid locally for $400.

and here's my OST collection so far. Forgot to post it in my first post. It needs some reorganizing though.

I've also got a bunch of N64 stuff around here somewhere but I can't be assed to dig it all out for photos.

The rarest game I got? I guess it'd have to be either Avalon Code or Atelier Escha & Logy Plus. So nothing really hella rare. I have a disc of GrimGrimoire too, so I need to get the box/manual for that.

heard that. I haven't updated my picture until just today, since it didn't have much changed to it until yesterday. I don't think I've posted my OST collection before now though.

Gimme a few, I'll take some pics of the larger collection

My small DS collection, sorry for the lighting. Holy crap this handheld has a giant library, and its actually rare I come across any games in the wild anymore.

Lack of light reveals the potato within my phone. Not going to drop a few hundred on a proper camera, as I only take photos for fullchan. This is what it does outdoors, when the glamour spells activate under solar power.

Nintendo DS has a great library. If it weren't for emulation/flash cart, I would collect more physical NDS games myself, I usually just collect the NDS games I absolutely love for physical, and emulate the rest.

nicely acquired user. Hard to come by nowadays. Still need to play that one for myself.

ah yes, I need to get that physical, I've been neglecting to pick that up for some time now, I hope it's not too expensive.

I still see DS games a fair bit, but it can be a tad tough trying to find stuff that isn't shovelware and is still complete these days, considering ho Gamestop trashed the bulk of their DS cases, covers, and manuals years back. Especially if you're looking for a particular one that wasn't all that popular/never got reprinted. Though even popular ones like HGSS can go for stupid amounts where I live despite being no slouches in sales (Gen IV mechanics/graphics/audio combined with Gen II nostalgia is a powerful thing).

Issue there seems more the flash itself causing glare than the lighting. If wager that turning some other lights on would resolve the problem. What's the game to the right of LA2, Mystery Dungeon, and Elite Beat Agents? I don't recognize those spines.

Why.jpg

Only seen that around once where I live. Shame it was all beat up.

Any chance you've considered ripping that Gravity Rush 2 OST? Just wondering; looks like KHInsider (who for whatever reason have a stupidly huge collection of OSTs for download) still don't have it.

My nigga. Ever think about getting Pachmeyer rosewood grips for it? I got them for my 75B and aside from the slimness fitting my hand better, it looks great with the black frame.

Sorry, didn't check the slide closely rnough to see the lack of B. Still a good pistol though

sure thing friendo, i'm zipping it up now, and it'll take a little while to upload.

Okay, here's a collage of shitty pictures. Let me know if anyone wants clarification.

Thanks, right of LA2 is Atelier Annie, right of EBA is just some sudoku game, and right of Mystery Dungeon is Honey Comb Beat.

I liked the first two, and I tried playing this and know why everyone hates it. I still collect rpgs though, even if they aren't too great.

Nice, collecting for N64 and Super Nintendo scares the crap outta me though. Even cart only goes for insane prices. I want to get my hands on Sunset Riders, but I ain't paying ~70 for just cart only.

i'm pretty sure they got a reprint so you can get your hands on 2 for a reasonable price again

No, I have it. It's just in the bottom of one pile. Every Yakuza game, original releases.

The CZ-marked plastic grips that came with it when I bought it from a collector are so nice that I have no incentive to get replacement grips. My 1911's grips may as well be haphazardly-glued-on lego bricks, by comparison.

Everdrive or SD2SNES, my friend. Having flash carts doesn't kill the drive to collect, but it stops you from spending retarded sums on games that aren't going to be played for hundreds of hours.

It's like fitty moneys on Amazon, but Yakuza 2 is the weakest game in the series. I'll wait for the remake, but FUCK ME, the remake of 1 doesn't launch stateside until the END OF FUCKING AUGUST. Waiting is suffering.

are you fucking high?

While I'm at it, any other OSTs you guys want from what I got? Check the share thread first though, because I may have already uploaded them there in the past.

and by "a little while" I mean about 3 hours; so you might want to get comfy.

cart only is how all my n64 games are. Never cared for keeping the boxes as a kid, now I regret it immensely.

The zombie game ain't in the series, and all people do is bitch about 2 after they break down and pay a mint for it.

I need your advice. Out of the following, which systems are worth collecting vidya for? Which systems should I just emulate if I want the experience?
I'm asking because I don't have much money right now and I don't have a job, but once I get everything back in order I might start collecting again. I'll play the games though, don't worry.

PSX is becoming a pain to collect for. Good N64 games cost a mint. Everdrive. Gamecube is in the same boat as N64. PS2 is largely overlooked, and prices for decent games are usually alright. Xbox collecting should be alright, because people forget that it exists. No opinion on the Wii since yarring it is simple. GBA, Everdrive. Same for GBC. DS, flash cart. 3DS, hax it unless you fucked up and updated to 11.4.

who are these cretins, yakuza 2 is fucking great, great bosses, great locations, it's downside is age especially with how brilliant 0 is

Yakuza 2 is a great game. Hell, most of them are, (undead one notwithstanding).

I honestly think the third one is the weakest, but that may just be the generation it came out in.

PS2 and OG Xbox are cheap to collect for mostly. PS1 prices fluctuate wildly, but you can get a lot of good games cheap if you look around.

All the nintendo consoles/handhelds games keep their value mostly because "Nintendo" and low print runs. So collecting for those can be hit and miss depending on what you're looking for.

My small Genesis collection, quality over quantity.

3 is the weakest in my opinion as well, took too long to get the ball rolling along with lots of experimental ideas going on with the transition to its generation that didn't come out fantastic

so much good stuff here it almost hurts user
The only thing you're missing is Ristar

At least make sure your photos are in focus. That first PS2 one hurts my eyes. Anyhow, if you're serious about PS2 JRPGs, I'd recommend Breath of Fire III and both Wild Arms games (WA3 on the PS2 is really enjoyable as well). I'd also mention Tales of Eternia/Destiny II, but that's really fucking pricy these days between poor print run, no digital rerelease option, and Tales increasing popularity.

FFIV DS is on the cheaper end of DS JRPGs. I mean, it's not "Glory of Heracles price" tier, but I think last I saw it was about $20 complete. Don't think it's all that rare either. Fans seem a bit iffy on where it stands compared to other versions of FFIV, though Mato (Mother 3 fan-translator) has been doing script comparisons and finds the DS one to be the most accurate to the original Japanese).

I see. I think I've only seen Annie complete once here, and at $50 I wasn't going to drop money on it.

No big deal; busy trying to level/gear up in .hack//G.U. anyhow right now, so I'm not exactly going to be impatient about it. Might take a break and get some photos of my own games after I finish the current arena I'm prepping for.

Depends on what you like. Best sellers are still rather cheap where I live, but everything's steadily going up. Most expensive western releases are already in the $120-150 range.
Don't really have much experience with it myself, but the most expensive I've seen (cart only) around here have been Smash Bros 64 and Conker's for like $60-70 each, followed by Ogre Battle 64 at like $45.
No. Unless you're really, really patient about managing good finds, and even then it's going to be a long trek to build up even a couple dozen good games without paying a lot. I've only got twenty something myself, most of which I did't have to pay all that much for compared to current prices, but it's taken a good 5-6 years to get to where it is. Though, I will say there's a handful of worthwhile games still at low prices, like Metroid Prime 1 and 2 and both Viewtiful Joe games.
PS2's still pretty reasonable in my experiences, but the handful of honestly expensive (IE: $40+) games has been steadily growing. Just last year or so I noticed Kuon had jumped from $40 to $160.
Sheer bulk of the library is very cheap, and even some of the rare games like Otogi 1 and 2 don't cost much at all. Probably since it's not a system with a lot of people collecting for it.
Most stuff's was pretty cheap last I checked, but Xenobade, Metroid Prime Trilogy (steelbook), Fire Emblem: RD, Fragile Dreams, and a few others are going to cost a pretty penny.
Cheap; most games are under $25, and the amount above $30 is fairly small in my experiences. Think the worst priced/hardest to find that I can recall are Ninja Five-0, and Pocky and Rocky with Becky.
Can't really speak on that; not a system I've had that much experience with.
Do you care if it's cart only or complete? If the former, most games are liable to be cheap and easy to find. If the latter, pricing can depend entirely on if the game saw a decent print size or has been reprinted since. Aside from that, a great library to pick stuff up for and a lot of hidden titles amidst the shovelware it was doused in.
Don't have one, can't speak on it.

Whether or not that $50 reprint is reasonable or not depends on where you live/search for stuff. Where I am, Yakuza 2 averages (or at least used to average) between $45 and $80, so if you found some place on the low end that's still cheaper than the reprint is. Sega ought to have taken a note from Atlus (especially working together these days) that reprints ought to be done to allow more people to play a game at a cheaper price (like, half the price of the original release), as opposed to just charging full price on a game that already came out once years and years back.

so not only is the NDS version of FFIV the graphically superior version, but also has the most accurate translation of all it's releases as well? Never knew, neat to know though! It's my favorite FF game.

did you ever play that? I remember as a kid seeing in game stores and passing on it each time for something else.

nice. Which one you playing? I only ever played/beat the first one. Loved it though. Just didn't have the willpower to push through the other half of Reminisce, let alone start Redemption. I guess I could just emulate them…

I'll admit I've still got it backlogged. Was waiting until the GoH IV was patched, and a while ago that got finished (though it's seeing a bugfix in the future) so I need to give the series on the whole a go in the future. The point was that Glory of Heracles DS is incredibly cheap to pick up for a DS JRPG while still being a good game from what I've seen anons say before (price and extremely low demand could be due to us never having gotten the series prior, and "professional" critics giving it a lot of grief).

Depends on who you ask. A number of anons despise the low poly chibi models, and gameplaywise it throws some curveballs at old fans, which some may/may not like. The DS version also has the major scenes voice acted, which I've seen be another point of contention.

Well, Mato's not done looking through the entire game across its various versions and scripts, but he kept bringing up how the DS version felt the closest to the moon, despite being somewhat flowery in wording.

I'm on Reminisce myself. It's not bad, but I'm still working on that tournament. I like the games, but the the way the arena is forced seems to cause pacing issues, especially in Rebirth where you have to grind into the top 16. At least with the Holy Palace Tournament, you get grandfathered in for relinquishing the Demon Palace Emperor title.

I will say that I am DEFINITELY glad I didn't have to pay the full average $150-180 price on the whole set. Found Volume 2 and 3 a few years back for maybe $10 each, and settled for $55 for Rebirth, so it all rounded out to be about half or less than the usual price.

Anywhere between bargain-bin and "why the fuck would anyone pay $120 for FFVII"

Way too goddamn expensive

Ridiculously expensive and many titles are quite uncommon

Pretty cheap and generally plentiful but titles with a following often have a steep weeb tax that offsets the sheer numbers printed

Inexpensive but elusive; not much of a market

Wakarimasen lol

Expensive for anything worth collecting

No idea; probably too goddamn expensive just like every other Nintendo console

Loads of shovelware but many cult [read: good] games go for a fair bit; not as bad as other Nintendo handhelds as far as I've seen

No idea

Handhelds and possibly older consoles on a PSP, and if you don't already have the consoles, a good CRT and disposable income already then just emulate it all. Any of the collecting "must-haves" on a system are going to be expensive as hell no matter what you're buying for if you want an actual collectible (ie. special editions, mint condition and factory-sealed games, bonus materials, etc.) instead of just a disk and if all you want to do is play nostalgic vidya on a TV then hook up your PC. You can even get USB versions of old controllers if you want to go the whole hog.

Even Final Fantasy VII has dropped from $50 or so where I live to about $20 these days. Seems like either demand suddenly dropped, or people finally got it through their head that a game that sold as well as it did isn't worth $50 or so.

What a waste of money spent on plastic crap. I'd just buy a used car instead, at least that $1000 would be spent on something useful instead of shit that only works with 20 or so games.

I've been xbox collecting lately and it's been great. I've been able to get brand new sealed copies of games at low prices, and good used copies for only a few dollars. Highly recommend it.

Normalfags are fucking retarded.

Yeah, that's been evident for years. Final Fantasy VII certainly isn't rare, and I'm honestly not sure if ANY of them sold all that badly (for JRPGs, anyhow).

what kind of grief? Can't say I know anything about any of the other games though.

I can understand that I guess, especially if they played the original game first. The DS version was the first version of it I played, so I'm rather partial to it I suppose. The voice acting wasn't bad though. Not amazing, but not bad. Plus all the new visuals are gorgeous, like the opening video and a few other special cutscenes.

the tournament is where I stopped playing in Reminisce iirc

All right, here's the GR2 OST

mega.nz/#!g9Ii0IRa!uH1u577ezfInFCdct2UqP53lON2T9bM7FbFg4yUr2LU

enjoy

I think it was basically calling it "dated" and rating the game as "average" at somewhere around 6-6.5 from most places. One of the guys over at RPGfan though did say that he took a cautious chance picking it up and found it surprisingly decent for what it was, and I think expressed fear that it wouldn't do well out here between lack of name notoriety (being the first and only entry in the series to come west) and other outlets critique of it. Strikes me that he might have been right about it not doing well here, between lack of demand, ridiculously low prices even to buy new (last I checked anyhow), and NoE apparently not being interested in bringing it to PAL, rendering it Japan and NA only (though the DS is of course region free anyhow).

To my knowledge the series started as a Dragon Quest clone of sorts on the Famicom, albeit with a mythological Greece theme, and came into their own with III and IV on the SFC. After those though there was a huge gulf of nothing until it was brought back for the DS with a new installment, and promptly died off again. It's apparently got enough of a following amongst people interested in Japan only JRPGs that as of now, all the prior entries are in English via fan-translation.

Yeah, that opening looked pretty nice, but I do think it and a lot of other games saw their FMVs hampered to some degree by the DS' screen quality. Granted, some do most assuredly look better than others (Sands of Destruction's opening has a noticeably "blocky" feel to it if memory serves, where the screen doesn't distinguish gradation well enough and leaves it looking chunky).

I do think those two kids in FFIV benefitted the most from the DS designs, considering what official artwork used to have them look like.

Then you probably didn't get real far at all if you dropped it right where the tournament started. Given the level spread, and just getting done with the Holy Palace at about level 78 myself, I'm thinking that's liable to be the halfway point for the volume. Speaking of which, it was neat getting an email from and seeing Phyllo again, even if it wasn't actually him.

Thanks. You might want to consider dropping that into the share thread as well so it's of benefit to more people as well.

A $1000 car will accelerate 0 to 60 in like what, 3.5 million years? And as if you would fucking dare to drive such piece of shit 100 mph on dirt into a flat corner. Cheapest race car you can make will cost $50000. And then every single part except frame will need monthly replacement.

Shit if I know, that's not my setup. I use VR headset with headphones. It doesn't have triple screens either (or any screens), naturally.

Fucking wew.

If we're talking literal here, it's probably Runner 2 or one of the other LRG games have on the vita. If we're talking OMG R4R3 LQQK kind of rare, then i guess i'd have to say either a legit Earthbound or Shining force III.

A brand new copy of yakuza 2 is like 40 bucks, the fuck?

It used to be more. The entire first four games got a reprint recently, courtesy of VGP, or whatever that Canadian based online vendor is.