FFXIV General

Final Fantasy XIV General: Fuck the pastebin, in 43 days everything changes! Edition

Game now free for new players up to lvl.35 on all 23 jobs with no time limits
>finalfantasyxiv.com/

Lodestone for Patch info
>eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/

NEW INFO!

Other urls found in this thread:

support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&tag=freetrial
ffxiv.wikia.com/wiki/Races
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You buy your glamours and agonise over the mix and matching and you like it.

reminder that [email protected]/* */ are both best [email protected]/* */ and best bois

Is there any more info on those class buffs?

Why is soar such a bullshit mechanic and how do I get good at it?

Not yet.

Do you also have trouble with ifrit ex?

No, because the ifrit and rav dives make sense. The Zurv dives are just fucking hard to tell what is save due to his fucked hit box where it looks like you have more room than you do.

But he only ever does it from like 3 possible locations.

This, why can't the armoire store cool dungeon gear and glamour item like Garo PvP gear? I have to buy a separate retainer just to store them.

Did I miss something or are they really this retarded?

So far, I'm kinda worried that Yoshi are turning tank class into a copy of each other. I like how tank have their own indentity where WAR have high dps, DRK have great mob agrros and mobility, and PLD have high defense CDs. Despite being a tank, theres a clear differences in play style

BLU when?

Why? its a fair deal. Play a limited version for free or pay for sub for a complete game. The only thing that matter in MMO is end game content. Peoples just play old content for leveling up

You missed my point. You're more limited after you buy the game because you can no longer play to 35 with unlimited time. Unless I'm missing how you do that, but I couldn't sign in at all without an active sub.

Devil's advocate here, yes it's gay but if they let full subs just sign in and hang out (unable to do any content above level 35, of course) they'd lose a fucking assload of sub money. A significant portion of the playerbase only stays subbed between content patches so they can hang out with their friends/guildmates.

I don't see how that's much of a defense. Just makes the game sound like it's not worth playing if all there is to do during the 2-3 months lull periods is to talk to friends.

Do you know what free "trial" mean? Its for player that haven't played the game before. If your subs ended, you cannot play as a "free trial" player. There's also a lot of restriction other than the level cap.
support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&tag=freetrial

Not sure if poorfag or some more autismal reason for butthurt.

Begging for sub time user are you back?

I'm semi new-ish. Just started playing in Feb. Got BRD/PLD to 60.

I feel like I'm not doing something correctly since I always have 99. I "can" do them to level up my WAR to 60 but it seems the xp is so low that they give. I'd rather do a FATE

I just got 60 last week.

Thanks in advance
P.S. And in regards to that few main story missions
Going to miss Yda. Prime cunny action. Lyse is probably going to be covered at all times. Useless

holy shit you fuck up son, but do your daily roullettes and check party finder for people doing shit with a 100 tomestome bonus. Then doing all 3 void ark raids gets a token to make one shire piece into 270 gear.

I just said I re-activated my subscription, learn to read faggot.

Yeah it totally makes sense to let free trial players play more than people that've actually spent money. Even the kikes at Blizzard understand the separation should be active/inactive sub.

:(
BRD I play because I have so much fun
PLD because my WAR is 52 atm (will get to 60 this week possibly) and as soon as I got Shield Oath I sorta just loved tanking as PLD more. Especially with that "oh crap" 10second invincible move. PLD>WAR imo. Just wish I had a better AoE ability or if that Scion move was reduced to say 10 or 15 seconds

Forgot to add I also like PLD more because I "feel" like a tank

WAR just feels like a meat sponge

Haven't tried DRK yet. Will probably do that next after WAR is 60

On PLD I just love tanking a few mobs or 1v1 bosses and feel tanky/powerful.

On WAR I can do better on multiple mobs thanks to Overpower (Like 7+ mobs trains. 20 mobs even) but if the mage isn't spam-curing me then I easily die. On PLD I can basically stay alive for a lot longer

but with many mobs I just lose hate quickly. Not too quickly but after maybe 5-8 GCDs other people will start taking hate. I can spam Flash and get them back but if the mob has run away I'm basically fucked

But you dont though, that's like saying peoples that play free demo have the same experience as peoples that bought a full copy of game.

In dungeons if you're having trouble, flash -> fast blade -> riot blade -> flash. You can keep this up for quite a while if needed, but a few rotations should be enough unless you're significantly undergeared and/or have a black mage who thinks quelling strikes is for scrubs.

Ahhh shit, everyone is cute as heck in this game.

If you arent qt you have failed 7 generations of your ancestors.

Into the oven you go.

I had a hard time choosing between qt human, tall qt elf, I don't into lolis, qt catgirl or tall muscle qt.

I like the emotes of Lala as I played a taru in FFXI but their gear selection (way they look) doesn't really strike me as good

I enjoy being a cat girl but some of the emotes are a bit off

I had wanted to be one of those really tall girls and be a Tsundere personality role play but a lot of the gear looks too manly on them

=/
If I had the money I'd honestly change my char like every month or so. Try something different

that's the joke.

muscle QT 4 lyfe. songbird outfit a best.

best used for getting gathering/crafting up. not so great for DoW/DoM jobs, but can be a fun break from the usual grind. certain levels also provide some unique loot, such as the Amber-encased Vilekin that can be used for a the end game relic weapon (called an Anima weapon) in Heavensward.

do your daily roulettes. get to the point where you can unlock the Expert ASAP, because it rewards a total of 60 or 70 (i think?) scripture per run, once per day. there is still a weekly cap on scripture tomes, but they raised it to help people get geared out quicker.

alternatively, you can go for Diadem and get gear that, in some cases, is markedly better than Shire gear. unlocked and running Alexander (Gordia then Midas then Alexander) will give you access to, eventually, gear with an ilvl of 250. this will take some time, but if you advertise that you're a first timer and watch a few videos, you'll be able to get carried through pretty easily. the Void Ark/Mhach/Dun Scaith series is also good, with the Dun Scaith dungeons dropping ilvl 260 stuff iirc, and there's no weekly limit on how much you can get anymore either.

so tl;dr, run your daily roulettes, get Alexander and Dun Scaith unlocked asap, and barring that, try fishing for a Diadem group in PF, or set one up yourself if need be.

REMINDER

Poetics are converted into the next tomestone tier, not scripture, law or lore. Yoshi has recommended capping 2000 poetics to be ahead of the curve next month.

where was THIS said? been out of the loop and need to know

I think you meant "new useless aoe heal spell because WHM is forever cucked and irrelevant"

Everyone is going to know who they are, either make a new character out uninstall the game. You are not safe.

absolutely nowhere said that

The shit is it in the OP for then?

No idea. Probably assumed it would work like a combination of the PVP skills that gave you instant GL3 and the other that removed positional requirements.

Lots of folks noticed the monk uses no positional changes in the benchmark. Considering WAR and RDM are showing off movement based skills its a little strange MNK does the opposite. Unless that is intended. Given the cuts between shots "it would be hard to film" doesnt really apply.

Just get rid of the tank and healer classes and give all the dps some heals. Then we can be a weeb version of Guild wars 2!

How long is the Garo thing going on and how does a casual PVE focused player go about getting a set quickly?

ok

Nice Reddit meme.

Does that mean we might get a guitar as well? or maybe a drum?

Reddit also uses the internet, don't want to be like reddit, do you? :^)

When was this hinted at?

Till a few months into Stormscunts apparently, no solid date yet.
Doing Frontline roulette and getting carried by the grand company that isn't being retard of the week. Should be able to get every set in a month by doing daily frontline, most likely sooner if you spam feast or shatter for mount. I really should get back on that, missing like half the sets and the 60 wins mount but PvPing as SCH is fucking misery when solo healing which is all the fucking time.

this is such a waste.

Because it's not a single teleport button away. That's it. That's the only reason.

never ever ;_;7

Wait, how do you turn a house into a shop? Do you just make it open to visitors and let them use your npcs?

You buy a small medium or large item that goes from 7 mil to 50 mil on the marketboard to turn your house into a shop which changes the look and layout an allows for more retainers/npcs that you can upgrade to sell shit there for you.

You can also make a cute cafe or a sweaty smiths forge workshop. what a waste WHAT A GODDAMN WASTE

What is it? Is it craftable?

I think you need a free company workshop and a party of players to make it.

God damn it. I'm stuck as the leader of a dead FC with a large mansion. I can't even get enough people on at once to finish my damn airship. Feels real fucking bad, man.

How about you go kys, chaim. PLDs need some sort of aoe.

You use them for anima turn-ins via vilekin or you use them to power level your doh and dol classes. Don't ever use them for dow or dom classes unless your doh/dol classes are at 60 and you don't need anymore vilekin.

Do your roulettes, potd at 60, frontlines, or farm Aetherochemical Facility.

If the dps are competent, then you're going to be spamming flash. As War and Drk, their aoe aggro move does damage, so you'll be hitting that more often for damage.

Does that mean that lore is going to be the new poetics and poetics are going to be converted 4:1 for the sb tomestone? That's going to make lore a very busy tomestone if it's used for all arr and hw items. I'm hoping they take into account how much of a bottleneck that will make lore if that's the case.

Also, stop queuing if you start losing several times in a row. It will either mean that your gc is full or retards or a premade is stacked against you. Premades aren't too bad, but they can be very noticeable in 24 and when your gc is especially retarded.

It's a pain in the ass to get to the housing districts if you don't already have a teleport there. If SE wanted more players to visit, then they'll have to give players a reason and easy access. Adding a teleporter to the major cities like Idyllshire and Mor Dona would help out a lot.

worst part is the mats are way cheap compared to an airship but you need a party
granted you could probably make the 7 mil easy in 2 months when new players join in the expansion buzz and want crafting mats but its just not the same satisfaction as making your atelier.

i'm not 100% but i think yoshi said at launch there will be one universal tomestone and a new one will be added with the next tear or tome gear since af gear is being given to you at 70 like the 50 set.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels like this. The FC house was fucking barren when I began but a friend and I turned it into a cozy as fuck meeting room with a small library and 80s inspired lounge downstairs. Upstairs was broken up into the dining room that could seat a small FC and a workshop with all the crafting stations. It may have taken a while but it's a real nice feeling seeing mine or my friend's name in everything in the FC house.

Pandarias farm was more fulfilling i swear to god.

checkin those dubs.

the whole "house/retainer shop thing" is a throwback to the FF11 bazaar-style of selling things, back when you had 7 slots on the AH and that was it. you could skirt the tax on certain high level items by using the bazaar function in high traffic areas. of course it was a clusterfuck of "let me individually examine each of these dozens of bazaar mules" more often than not, but the way they're trying to do it in FF14 is much more sound.

the issue is they need to make them more accessible. id like to see something in the "end game" hub, i.e. idyllshire/mor dhona/whatever the fuck it'll be in SB that effectively acts like a market board, but for all NPC's that are selling items at houses. make it a separate little area, similar to Rowena for tome-based gear, where you go in and talk to an NPC, who basically acts like the market board does, only instead of searching the MB, it searches all available merchant–style NPC's in each of the 3 residential areas. once you find what you're looking for, you opt to teleport to the given housing ward (for the typical TP fee) and it'll take you right outside the home of the relevant NPC.

this lets people play out their mmo shopkeep fantasies while also providing some incentive for people to actually use the merchants at home. i know ive browsed a few local npc's from time to time, but there's hardly anything worthwhile there, and for good reason. the MB dominates the economy too much. but if you do this, coupled with a slightly steeper tax (another 2-5% tops) it may be enough to shift some of the niche market more towards home-based merchants instead of everything happening via the MB.

i kind of envision more end-gamey stuff, like furniture from a new patch or top-end food/armor/weapons being the preferred products sold under these circumstances, but you could also see bulk quantities of other important ingredients, like growth formula alpha or natron or something. you could even add patch-specific taxes to new items, so if a bunch of new crafted gear is added in a patch, maybe there's a "luxury" fee on the MB that makes it so expensive that utilizing home-based markets is a better idea.

either way, the game needs more incentive to use home-merchants and easier access to the merchants and their goods in order to see the idea thrive.

Did they say that they were releasing the new housing District at Launch or 2 weeks delayed? Also, I remember something about being able to 'move' your house to another unoccupied spot. Did they ever expound upon this? I can't seem to find anything about it.

Is it still possible to do Savage Alexander runs? I enter the queue everyday while I gather and never get a single hit. I got through the entirety of normal this week with pretty small wait times, but I get nothing in savage.

I wouldn't even bother at this stage. The one time I got into one, it was a shit group that kicked me because "muh bonus".

They said that they're going to give enough time for players to take their time and enjoy the stormblood story so it isn't simply a rush to get to shirogane and buy a house. They have not given an amount of time, but two weeks is the lowest it could possibly, and I'd suspect it will be more along the lines of a month.

Put up a learning party in party finder. You won't have much luck with duty finder, even if it does somehow pop, it'll mostly be people who accidentally queued for it.

Bring back Signet!

No one ever queues for savage anything, this is all PF or bust, and soon not even that

Viera 1000% unconfirmed until they add one as a special NPC in patch 4.2.

I don't understand how you're supposed to farm savage content without a static. The groups are full of retards, whiners or autists. I mean requesting a fucking 30 second countdown for Faust Z in a9s is just fucking retarded, DF groups rush this loser and burn him down no problem.

It's no wonder most people aren't even interested in doing this hit. Every fucking party just disbands over some petty shit, people throw tantrums all the time and nothing fucking gets done. You just get to spend hours staring at the party finder, go in, party disbands in 2 minutes either because some dps in 270 ger is doing 1500 DPS or someone is consistently dying on scrapline or tank pulled at 2 seconds. Fuck this shit.

ayyyy

Why hasn't anyone fixed the animation error in this gif to trigger autists yet?

You answered your own question, goy.

did these two chicks with the singing clusters quest always exist? cause 19 crystals per day just for running 4 roulettes seems very easy compared to the bullshit that was umbrite even post-nerf umbrite. worst case scenario you have all your clusters within 3 days. unless im missing something?

This is the first time this has happened to me. I don't know whether to be amused or angry.

Has anything changed or is it still clearing Alexander on reset day and doing fuck all for the of the week?

I don't know if anything's changed for Alexander Savage, but there are no more loot lockouts for Alexander Normal, so you can run that as many times as you please. There won't be any new content until Stormblood launches, though.

i think the lockouts for everything have been lifted. anima relics are much easier to acquire now they halved the cost of umbrite for instance, and each sand turn-in gives 2 per instead of 1 per also birb farming and glam stuff if you're into that and if you're playing this game and not into glam then you're in the wrong neighborhood

Turns out The House moving Feature I was thinking of wasn't just a fever dream as they talked about it in the most recent Q&A.
Still don't know if you can move a Small house onto a Large Plot and vice versa.

FFXIV is in my opinion the best MMORPG on the market, but that doesn't change that it's an MMORPG, which means it's a chatroom simulator with great combat minigames

Doesn't help that PvP is fucking rampant with bots right now and SE could not give a singular fuck about them, so if you are unlucky and get yourself one you might as well go AFK because you have pretty much lost as you can't kick them until halfway into the match and at that point they have already fed the winning team to shit. Also doesn't help that PvP is fundamentally flawed and is pretty much an afterthought and Feast is even more flawed than frontlines is.

Speaking of botters I know people who have been botting and selling gil since fucking 2.0 and haven't even got a warning despite being reported constantly, and are making a nice mint of it as well. It's pretty clear as long as you don't hurt peoples fee fee's you can do whatever the fuck you like.

That's because all MMO companies never ban gill sellers and buyers like they say they do. They like the money they get from those players as much as any other palyer so they allow them to stay. They pretend to do something by banning the spam bots in chat and they don't even do that well.

You are missing something. That 18 cluster quest is has a weekly lockout and the single cluster quest is a daily. That's more like 2 weeks if you do them whenever they're up and don't grind otherwise. Still easier than the previous step though.

yoship has been posting on JP forums. Here's some new tank things.

and here's some DPS ones. the BRD one is already in the OP.

I dont know what is going on in the PLD and DRK screenshot but the rest looks good though. I just hope PLD gets more DPS.

I believe part of yoshi's posts for those two translate to "vertical slash" for DRK and "spinning/horizontal slash" for PLD. Might be an AoE move for PLD, but then the demo showed off a mini-holy as well. Who knows.

not anymore user. the 18 cluster quest is now a daily instead of a weekly, so 19 clusters a day and 3 days tops to get the 50 if you just do these quests. praise be to kek.

in the DRK screeshot, its look like the lalafell is jumping up swing the sword in downward motion. New high damage action maybe? doesn't look like an AoE attack, DRK already have Dark Passenger for that.

Finally started doing Dun Scaith/Weeping Mother/Void Ark

God dam this shit is hard. I skipped the 50 raids because I don't like raids and this shit is crazy. I don't mind 4 man or even 8 man stuff. But 30 man is fucking relentless

Died like 8 times in the Weeping raid. Like 5 is Dun. Void Ark is easy peasy though. Didn't die

Getting ilv260 gear is nice. Got 4 pieces in one run. I'm trying to get Shire but with the 900 cap/week I doubt I can get a whole set before Stormblood

I can "Try On" the gear but only 1 piece and it leaves me naked. Anyway to put on a whole piece of gear or a site that has pictures of whole sets on the player?

Also started my relic. Want to get all the way up to 275. I'm in 210 right now. This shit sucks

At the bottom of the fitting room (the "try on" screen), there's a series of buttons. The two in the middle are Display Gear and Save/Delete Outfit. Display Gear shows every piece of gear you're currently equipped with in addition to whatever you're trying on, and Save/Delete Outfit will make gear you try on persist until you manually remove them when enabled, and remove all gear when disabled.

Aurum Vale story of the night

>which includes, you know, not getting hit by easily avoidable aoe which the game has only been teaching you how to do since level fucking 3

Aurum Vale will forever and always hold a place in my heart as the only dungeon where all three of my reports about players have been filed from. it's cancerous to be sure, but it's the good kind of cancer, that purges the weak and unfit from the game.

Wait, what? You can buy an item to fully decorate your house into something useful?

This was actually in the first release of FFXIV. But later at around 1.3-1.4 they introduced the marketboard to access them more easily.

yes.

i remember the "market wards." they were hell.

what im talking about is something of a hybrid that allows you to have the ease of MB searchability while also giving you access to the niche markets you can find at people's homes, without actually having to physically look through 30+ wards.

noice. what type of venture did you do?

Did they play potatoes?

no. worse. they were man'qote's

That's still above potatoes.

30 minute ones, when the retainer gets 270 they bring far more rare shit than wolf and ARR hard mode primal seal trash items.

Coincounter resets his threat table every time he uses a certain move. I forget the name If the tank is new and unaware of that mechanic he might just continue trying to dps

Male'qote pls, you are a thought crime, visual rape to the eyes and just no good.

A male miqo'te DRG with heterochromia and a SAO/WoW name is the UR cancer.

several of my friends play potatoes. ive become inured against their degeneracy. but there are a pair of gay kitties that live in the house next to mine, and they love to erp next to the market boards. luckily they keep it in private chats, but you can still see the emoting.

send help

30 minute? these gathering ventures? both my retainers are DoW's.

see, when i've tanked AV i've never had a problem with any of the bosses and losing hate. i think this guy just wasn't RoHing. Like, I rarely saw the debuff up and I always focus target that boss so i know when to dodge what

They had that. Refer to second part of my comment.

You can get 50 in three days or less even if the one with 18 stack wasn't already a weekly. The clusters are only like 80 lore tokens each.

Potato defense force spotted. Get back in the oven were you belong.

Knowing that no one wants to see that shit is a huge step up from "shit myself in public and act smug about it". Anyone who plays potato knows how shit they are and somehow thinks this justifies a "lol u mad" or is just a pedophile. Absolute filth.

Furfags. Not even once.

Aurum Vale: Where Casuals go to Die.

Also, what is more memeworthy?
socks&sandles pyjama healer or DISCO MAGE

id say the mage.

primal and aether merge when

GO!GO! DISCO MAGE!

So, I've been playing around with WAR for a couples of days and I got one very important question. What is WAR ultimate defense CD against 1 hit kill tankbuster? PLD got hallowed ground, DRK got Living Dead, but I don't know what WAR equivalent of that.

Holmgang. It's worse than Living Dead in most ways, but as long as it's active you can't be dropped lower than 1 HP.

feels bad Holla Forums

Does that work against Zurvan Demon Claws?

Holmgang only got 6 second durations, that is a really tiny gap and if the tank buster happened after that, you're fucked

mah nigga

What's the population like now? last I heard it's on the decline and full of botters is that true or was the guy talking shit?

Guy was talking shit, it's the usual end-of-expansion-still-a-month-to-go dip.

no. because holmgang only lasts for 6s, and the claw/wave cannon combo takes longer to go off than that. so if you're going to try to solo tank as war, you need to actually do the mechanics of the fight and drag zurvan to the edge, then turn him towards the middle and have everyone stack to soak the cannon. which also probably means you need an OT, since the first person in the chain will take a truckton of damage.

war is worst solo tank for Zurvan for this reason.

It is, but that's normal for ff14. Pvp has a shit ton of botters in it as well, which can be very funny or really crappy depending on which team they end up on.

That's what on the decline means, user.

SE seems pretty hellbent on balancing the tanks for SB. I wonder if the god modes will get changed in any way as well?

This is why retards and normalfags need to be bullied. If SE continues to cater to them, they'll grow in number and the cancer will eventually become unbearable.
Many of the dungeons aren't that hard to heal through without a tank. The only part that can get tricky in later dungeons are mobs that hit especially hard and those that show up in large numbers.

Good luck. There's 36 days left till Stormblood and you're going to need aether oils, which are either given by a weekly quest or 700 tomestones per.You'll have to do the tomestones as there aren't enough weeks left if you don't have any. You're going to need umbrite and sands too, which may drive you to suicide or bankruptcy if you no life it. You have enough time for the singing clusters, which is good. The light step is on you. I doubt you'll have enough time to do it casually, so you'll need to no life it in a1s.

Finally, something that WAR suck at, it cannot take a death blow and survive.

THESE
FUCKING
SIGHTSEEING
LOGS

If I had a GameFaqs account I'd post a thread there but since I don't I'll ask this question here

Are you nicer to people if they have a name that you like or think is funny?

not so much for me, but if they have some variation of any game of thrones or forgotten realms names, there is automatically pic related.

otherwise im pretty neutral about names.

What if it's a game of thrones character like

And it's an obvious female playing the game. Are you nicer then?

I see a lot of complaints about empty free companies here. I'm on Adamantoise playing a Paladin. If there's a guild leader recruiting, let me know and I'll message you in game.

Encountered a tank in Wanderer's Palace HM with a name and glamour that amused me enough that I screenshotted it.

The tank then proceeded to vote kick our healer after a wipe at the first boss right before bailing out of the party herself.

bitch had better hope I never see her ass on Bryhildr

I eventually got sick enough of the memes that I changed every name display to First Initial. Last Name. At this point, someone with a lore name or something that isn't a reference gets treated best. Meme/weeb names are assumed to be shitters until proven otherwise.

No I'm pretty neutral about names for the most part. However if there's some faggot with an anime name I instantly know they're terrible. No matter how many Kirito's and Asuna's I've seen, they've never been good.

No, I'm not some thirsty faggot. Also chances if I know for a fact they're a girl, they're probably been flaunting that their gender which would make them an attention seeking bitch which should be avoided at all cost.

Any news on how the SB relics will work? If Yoshi thinks I'm doing his bullshit 10000 tome grinds again he can go eat shit

DIADEM
I
A
D
E
M

I rather do tomes grind than doing fucking diadem

youns shit outta luck m80 and thats fer troo

You know you can ask any random crafter to just stand inside your workshop?

I mean, we had 2 randoms and 2 of the fc crafters in the workshop to build, just as long as they were in your party.

I found this about two years back. Do with it what you will.

conflicting emotions.

Where did you get that info that's in the OP I don't see it anywhere in the patchnotes.
Nothing for SMN?

checking those dubs.

so i just did frontline roulette for the first time in forever, and i remember why i stopped pvping. not only is this games engine trash for pvp in the "let me stun this guy who then floats along the ground for another 10y before coming to a stop" way but you get shit like AST's running around in Noct stance just spamming their instead shield/heal and, due to the lack of any reliable snare mechanic combined with the shit engine, you can't lock the fucker down long enough to deal any actual damage. it's ok though, because he can solo heal himself and 3-5 others just by spamming a single heal. such skill and grace.

yeah i mad. SE has done a great job with a pve game, but the pvp is as much of an afterthought as poop is once it's in the toilet. you don't even look at it as you flush. you just wipe your ass and go about your day.

It is 39 days till stormblood, what could be that urgent?

???

.>>12532411
It'll more than likely be very similar to 3.0 and 2.0. We won't ever get hard dungeon clears again, because the playerbase is largely retarded. Thus, we're going to get a series of autistic grinds to some degree. In the end, the sb relic will be good for glamour, just like all relics.

I hope it all works out.

Frontlines will always be shit for balance, which is part of the reason it's flooded by bots. That and it's much easier to hide a bot there.

America #1

You had one job.

There is a potato named crunchwrap supreme. He was a garbage healer but wouldn't shut up about how the tank should open up with provoke due to a longer range. I hate potatoes.

I've been thinking of buying one or more of the ff14 soundtracks, but I don't want to spend $50 for each one. That would be retarded.

I'm hoping that we can gain light in the future by just having the weapon in our inventory and the quest active. It sucks when you need to level other classes and aren't making any progress on the relic.

How badly do you want those minions and music roll user?

No Yoshi confirmed the Relic is not tome grinds but related to Eureka the forbidden land.

More pics from Yoship. Prease rook forrard etc.

nothing "urgent" so much as i just enjoy the game, even now in the twilight of 3.0.

it was solace for me immediately following my divorce. i had to give the game up for the marriage, and coming back to it was like coming back to an old friend, so there's a bit of melancholy in knowing it won't be there, even just for a few days

yeah, but ive seen this in the feast too. take a whm or a sch against an ast in noct stance and it's just a shitshow. both the whm and the sch have to stand still to cast, while the ast can just abuse the game engine by sprinting on CD and spamming instant heal shields on anyone. as long as your team knows enough to stay near some sort of LoS to interrupt any focus fire they'll never die. even sch with a heal pet isn't a match for an ast who has more than a pair of brain cells to rub together.

ast a shiti say as i just finished my expert on ast

I really just want the music and itunes is being a massive jew and making most of their albums partial, which means you have to buy the individual songs for a crazy overall price. Usually, you could get the album for like $25-$30. I may just pirate it at this point as I really don't care for the bluray videos that come along with it. I wish kat didn't get nuked.

It'll probably be some sort of tome grind in Eureka where some npc has to sell us some mcguffin at 300 tomes per before we can go gather relic tokens x20000,

That's true for the other healers as well. Ast's insta-shield is either garbage against coordinated players or broken against most pugs. However, coordinated players are going to shit on pugs 10/10 regardless.

That Ast pic reminds me of Persona 3 for some reason.

user, you need help.

I wonder if they're an npc or part of spear fishing?

will Bard ever be great again?

Why were they so dumb with most of Bard's songs?

Because movement and no casting time was too OP
You get used to nubard after a while

Is that tater /ourgal/? It's the Roman salute. The Nazis and most everyone throughout Western history were sluts in heat over the glory of Rome.

I think a Bard fucked Yoshi's gf or mommaybe both, which is why he hates them so much.

that would really explain it.

it hurts too much

at least we have youtube vids right user?

WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS MOTHERFUCKER

CASUALS OUT.

Please refrain from racial slurs, thank you.

all potato fags are retarded and need to be fried.

Says the degenerate cat-man.

Cats are still better than a race of perennial nightshade with downs.

shame they appeal to yaoi mpreg autists and DRG's

You mean boypussy?

So a lot of new players or potential new players for MMOs come into threads like this asking which class is the best. I'd rather do things differently. Which class is the worst, and why is it the worst?

hold me frens
im a ps3lad and these are my last days
so long cruel world

PLD because it fails at everything it's meant to do
Literally the only thing PLD does better than other tanks is survive harder, which amounts to shit when any competent healers can pull a wet paper bag through anything

BRD because it deals 0 damage as a support class.

nigger you got 2 months of free sub, you will find no pity here

The worst, in general, is Pld. The entire game is focused on dps and it's the class the devs decided was going to have lower dps in exchange for the best defense. Yoshi is beyond retarded and Circle Sword is an aoe move that paladins had back in 1.0. It was taken away in 2.0 for no reason and is now being given back to them in 4.0.

If your connection is utter shit, then Ninja will be the worst class for you. Good luck using mudras when the game decides to stop registering your commands.

The worst dps depends on what you want to do. Ninja has shit aoe, but really good tools and st damage. Drg has fantastic burst and damage, but will bottom itself out with constant aoe damage. Mnk has the "highest" damage, but gets shat on by Drg with their superior buffs and damage. Drg can also buff Brd and Mch. Mch does a crazy amount of damage and has the best debuffs in the game. Brd comes in second, but bowmage fucked them over hard. Mch was built from the beginning to have cast times and it was given a shit ton of ogcd attacks to compensate. Brd had none of that and their original design clashes with the changes forced on them in 3.0. Smn has the most aoe damage and it has decent spike damage. Blm has much better st damage and decent aoe damage. Blm got its aoe damage shat on by Yoshi in 3.0. Blm and Smn both got shat on by the physical dps meta, which really began when Yoshi began buffing the shit out of Mch.

Sch is a very busy healer when you need to get things done and a very lazy healer when the fairy is able to handle the healing by herself. Ast got the shit buffed out of it throughout 3.0 and the latest balance change allowed them shit all over Whm. Whm started 3.0 with their Holy being nerfed. Whm's mana regen was notoriously bad in 2.0 and they were given chump change in 3.0 as compensation. Ast has far better mana regen and Ast's heals are cheaper too. Whm also has a ton of their damage tied to accuracy, which means they're shit out of luck for difficult content unless they sacrifice elsewhere. Having said that, Whm used to shit on Ast for a large portion of 3.0, but clueless Yoshi could never figure out how to balance them.

War is your go-to tank when it comes to ot and it can do a good job elsewhere. Pld and Drk are the go-to mts and their god mode abilities allow them to cheese mechanics that War cannot. However, War is a beautifully made tank and so is Drk to a lesser degree. Drk suffers from some retarded design decisions that make them a weak as fuck ot. Pld suffers from design decisions as well, because they were balanced as trading damage for defense in a game that prioritizes damage. SE is literally that retarded. Rather than giving Pld an aoe in 3.0, they got a largely useless heal that can be interrupted, takes forever to fucking cast and costs a shit ton of mp. Drk's damage debuff reprisal requires a parry to activate, which means that shit isn't happening as ot. PLDs can at least force their damage debuff via their aggro combo. On aggro combos, DRK's aggro combo is a dps loss, so DRKs have the worst aggro generation of the 3 tanks unless you feel like shitting on your own dps. DRK aoe damage is very nice though.

Luckily, 4.0 is around the corner and balance changes are being made. One can only hope that SE doesn't fuck it up, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Hello

I'm the guy that got 60 like last week and started doing Dun Scaith and Weeping Town

My question is thus:

I don't particularly like it and I don't think there's a reason or quest attached to keep doing it, right?

not only is pld the worst class its the worst to level up as well and is needed for voke.
the only fight I can think of that it excels at over a warrior is zurvan ez.

you do void ark and other place for tokens which you need 1 of each raid to turn into an upgrade piece for shire gear

Problem with PLD is that has a very good kit; for a different game. For shit like the much later floors of PotD and the shitty PvP PLD skills work fine, but to put a tank with utter shit damage in an endgame were arguably DPS is more important then some mechanics is retarded for a number for a number of reasons. Plus A1S-4 was pointless bringing a PLD with because so much of it was magic damage based and PLD has such shit magic defense. Can't remember if that was the case for 5-8 or not.
Also Yoshi needs to nerf fucking Ast instead of Sch, the buff to Balance makes AST such a bore to play and really shows how half assed the card system is and the rest of the buffs makes it a Whm with no drawbacks, yet he thinks its balanced now because people are playing it.
I just wish they would hurry up and show off all the 62-70 skills already, I really don't give a shit about Redmage or Bathroberai.

So with them possibly removing base classes, and Yoship mentioning that he never intended for there to be an "off-healer" that does mostly damage. Does this mean Scholar's gonna get shafted?

You do it for the tokens that are given when you beat it. Each of the 3 24-man raids give one of the 3 tokens required for an upgrade item. You use these items to upgrade your weapon, armor and jewellery.

Balance needs to be reverted back and Ast mana regen either needs a nerf or Whm's mana regen needs a buff.

I highly doubt Sch is going to shafted. I'm more worried that Yoshi will shit on Whm again.

"Official" guild is in Exodus, Primal data center. Look up neo wheels order.

How in the hell do I get clusters?

what kind of clusters user?

Wind Clusters

Should I roll up a new char now, or is "worst" here relative?

You can level all the classes on a single character, so use your gear to carry a WAR into whatever level your paladung is

The game is pretty casual, so worst doesn't mean a whole lot. Also, Stormblood is like a month away and a lot of the classes are going to be changed to some degree. What is worst now doesn't really mean a whole lot now. Feel free to level whichever class you want as you'll get a pretty big experience bonus for every other class you level up afterwards.

It just werks, if that's what you mean. PLD can do all of the content, it's just that WAR and DRK can do it too and be more useful while pumping out more damage than a PLD can. Chances are you'll be ignored when trying to do new high level content and instead get cucked by big dick Warriors and nigger knights.

Now Stormblood might fix it and make pld good again. Chances are it won't and Yoshi's whole
Was just a bald face lie because they were just too lazy to add in a 3rd class even though they have like 5x the budget of HW.

PLD and WHM will continue to be irrelevant for new content because of their focus on pure tanking/healing.

Hey FFXIV

One month and twelve days before you DIE

I don't have a link to where I saw it but I remember him saying there will be an area in SB dedicated to the relic grind. Someone at one of the fanfests specifically asked if it will be like the ARR/HW grinds where they funneled you through old content for ages to get it done and he said no eveything will be done in this new area.

So is crafting meant to only be leveled after you get all 3 gathering jobs to 60 and you have to level all the crafting jobs at the same time? Because I'm trying to finish my level 60 quest as a leatherworker and this shit is crazy expensive and I can gather whatever I want. However every recipe requires high level crafted materials from every other job.

Fucking this. When are they going to tell us what all the new skills/abilities are going to be?! Also what exactly they're doing to the cross class ability system would be nice to know.

Basically crafting is a horrible implementation that requires you to have 8 people to pump materials between and even then you need to have basically every crafter at 60 in order to HQ reliably

Someone mentioned Viera in the thread. Are they yanking my chain or is there a possibility I can actually make a hot bunny girl in the near future?

Nothing aside from people yelling at the devs for it.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I might dabble a bit into WAR before the update, just in case. What's nice is that I have a few levels in blacksmith and armorer so I can just make most of the armaments I need and level up three at once.

I wish the level scaling didn't take away the abilities you got at higher levels. It forces the player to relearn what the combos were for the lower-level stuff and takes away the fun cool shit you got since then, like Sword Oath or Cover for PLD. I wouldn't mind it scaling down, I just don't want it removed entirely.

but PLD doesn't have a combo until 60?

GLD does though, and if you are leveling up and doing your duty leveling roulette, sometimes you get low-level dungeons and don't even have Rage of Halonne to use.

if you can't remember the 2 button GLD combo something's wrong with you

That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying it switches from 1-2-3 to 1-2, or removes shield toss (which I use to initiate fights) or shield bash (useful if you catch an incoming AOE early). It's just unnecessarily counterintuitive.

learn the count its a month and about 8 days

market board. that, or high level gathering of some sort. i wouldnt know where to go to gather them though. check for a guide online.

Being able to gather your own mats helps immensely, but is extremely tiring after a while.

Don't do the quests unless you can get the mats cheap. It doesn't give you anything and serves only as a money sink. Now is a pretty bad time to buy mats from the marketboard as there aren't as many players and the board is pretty stagnant in general.

However, make sure to use your gc turn ins, the moogle beast tribe quests, the ixal beast tribe quests and zhloe quests to quickly boost your crafter levels. Save your leves for crafting and gathering if the mats are cheap, easy to obtain or if you find someone to power level you. Leves can quickly max out your crafters if you can get hq turn ins. The major issue is that the dead market boards mean fewer mats available and higher prices for them.

It's not going to get any better. People bitched to Yoshi in ARR that some of the crafting classes weren't required like some of the others (Wvr) to craft, so now materials are just shat all over the place. It was done to make sure every crafter is required in some way, which sounds good on paper, but can be very retarded in practice.

>basically every crafter at 60 in order to HQ reliably
That's because Yoshi was clueless when he came up with the specialist abilities. How fucking hard is it to make copies of all the required crafting abilities and making them available to every crafter? It's not hard, but SE felt like adding more rng bullshit instead.

Yoshi was very adamant about no new races this expac. The yelling on the forums is generally for Viera in 5.0.

You'll get used to it. Eventually as you get used to your 60 rotations, getting synced down will become mind-numbingly boring.

Use ffxivclock to find where the clusters are spawning. They show up at certain times of the day and will stick around a bit before despawning. You'll get a few chances per spawn to get what you need. However, bots love to farm them for gil, so you can probably find them cheap on the market board.

no dungeon will remove shield toss, because you get that at 15 and the lowest dungeon is accessible starting at 15. certain guildhests (like, 2 i think) will remove it, but every other bit of instanced content will allow access to shield toss/tomahawk/unmend and the first and second steps of the aggro combos for all tanks.

yeah it sucks being limited on your skills for lower level content, but you get used to it. it's a good time to catch up on a podcast or something.

Honestly it doesn't even matter till very late endgame anyway, and PLD has some crossclass that are vital to other tanks so I'd say stick with it plus I think they are revamping as well. No idea if you will even need to level it up anymore for crossclass skills come Stormsblood.

They really need to nerf there mana regen because running out of MP is practically impossible and buff there other cards because they might as well not exist most of the time.

Apparently in the next Live Letter on the 22nd is going into more details with the new skills and shit.

This is a level of autism I'm unfamiliar with.

he doesnt even belong on my tism level.

How goes the levelling of jobs, everyone?
I've got WHM to level 58. Not long now until I hit 60 and can be ready for Stormblood.

had them all done for a few months, all about getting BLM/MNK gear for 50-60 now for RDM/SAM next month.

WHM, WAR, and DRG are all capped. Working on MNK at the moment, it's at 52, and DRK is at… 47, I think. Everything else is sub-40. I don't think I have the stomach for grinding out all of them, and even if I did I'm not sure I have the time. Stormblood's in, what, less than a month?

the only problem i have is the fucking big pvp matches are so ass backwards to play in, with a 1/3 chance of winning with those maps being rng spawns for nodes and shit.
so ya you sit in que for god knows how long and the match takes just as long as to play in unless one side actually stomps or gets left alone because one side focuses your team and the one left alone can easily shit on any team that splits from your side after i got the feast mount kinda of stop playing this shit even thou the event for garo seems to be in place for a very long time.

cause i like feast feast is fine and all now we just need a capture the flag map

What was it?

Everything's level 60 with at least i230 gear, except AST.
Fuck AST.

WHM main pls go

Been seeing that shit for a while now and nobody know the sauce for the very first frames?

user you're a wonderful person.

Everyone seems to be saying that damage is king in this game, even over survivability. I rolled a Gladiator, which I heavily assume is meant for tanking, so normally I would have put my attribute points in Vit, but if damage is that important should I put them in Str instead?

No, because Vit increases your damage just as much as str does and increases your health too, as retarded as that is.

They need to remove the player allocated attribute points. Its a holdover from 1.0, and all it does is confuse new players. There is zero reason to put those points into anything other than main stat.

The best time to get the mount was a month or so ago when everyone was going for it. The matches seem much shittier now in general with all of the bots. The premades seem to have degraded in quality as well. I used to see some premades that were on point, but not anymore. The matches were popping very quickly and it was a good source of light and tomes too.

All 60s on a main and alt.

That used to be the case, but Str got nerfed and Vit got buffed. Put all of your points in Vit.

I'm hoping that when Yoshi inevitably adds a future light step for the Stormblood relic, you can collect light as long as it's in your inventory and the quest is selected. It'll be nice to be able to switch classes every once in a while to break the monotony, while still making progress.

what in the actually hell is this shit?

Sky pirate gear (i185) is super cheap from diadem, so it's likely also cheap on the marketboard. Alternatively, beg someone with spare spoils to buy you a set.

That's not cheap on the marketboard

Just spam pvp and go to wolves den and buy the 235 GARO gear. win or lose it takes maybe a day of casual play to be full 235.

There are multiple avenues for gearing up at the point. I myself got to where I am by doing daily hunts and following/joining any groups killing rare mobs until I could afford a full set of 200 gear. From that point getting enough Lore tomes to jump to 230 was easy, as was the further jump up to 250 Alexander and 260 Shire gear.

Okay so Savage Aim materia is expensive as fuck, should I just meld my gear with STR materia? I'm a tank by the way. Is there a noticeable differences if I increase my +STR attribute?

Both STR and VIT increase the damage you do as a tank by 0.45 a point each. What you want to do is slap STR Materia on your tank accessories since they don't have any STR to begin with and then go Crit for the left side gear.

fuck

With the expansion around the corner who is rerolling to another job and why?

Personally I don't think SMN was for me. The aoe is great but it's just too clunky to play especially if I also need to micro the pet on some fights to avoid its death + no addons allowed to track dots more efficiently. Going to have a go at BLM.

I've mained monk since ARR so I've got no reason to change now.

I didn't choose the weeb life, the weeb life chose me.

I plan on trying out both RDM and SAM. I'm hoping SAM is awesome, because I love the style.

Sticking to War or AST. Because lets be honest, you're never going to get in a dungeon as a dps for the first few months of heavensward without having a pocket tank/healer to fudge your queue position

checked. ill be trying out both rdm and sam as well, but i wont be "maining" them. war/whm/mch will probably be the three i take to level cap first. maybe ast instead of whm unless ast gets nerfed like it fucking should.

this guy>>12548837 gets it. ill add, if you're a war, you first want enough skill speed to ensure that you're getting 10 i think GCD's per use of berserk. i forget what the values for that are so you'd have to look them up. once you get to that point, do what says for the rest of your left side. continue to slot str on your accessories, and if you have a left side item that's capped on crit AND you don't need more skill speed, add det.

tl;dr - skill speed up to the 10 GCD per berserk break point on the left side. after that, crit > det unless that item is capped on crit, then use det. on the right side, str 100% of the time.

So, mid/lategame, after you get access to the specialized jobs, do parties basically require you to be one of those jobs?

I went Gladiator at the start. Say I hit level 30. Are people going to look at me and say, "You ain't doing shit with us until you become a Paladin?" Or is going on without getting one of the specialized jobs viable?

You'll start getting kicked from groups for it around 40-45.

I'll probably stick with WHM as my "main" but I always play one of each roll. SMN was my dps but I'm definitely going to give RDM a go.

ffxiv.wikia.com/wiki/Races

Can somebody explain to me what part of the gook biology makes them physically averse to good race design? Where are my Trolls/Asura/Frogloks? Can they even do orks or has ass jiggle technology not gotten there yet?

waste of dubs tbh

there are plenty of "beast tribe" races that fit a variety of aesthetics, from the giant lizardmen of the Amal'jaa, to the ant-like Gnath, to the centaur-like dragon-men who worship Zurvan. it's just that when it comes to PC's, SE has learned that people like their PC's to look a bit more idealized than overly fantastical.

try looking for concept art of the Au Ra for an idea of what could have been

wtf?

shut up, derek

My sworn enemy

looks like we got one of those self-hating Derek's here.

Mr. Roberts. We meet again….

I have everything @60 that I want already. I pretty much only play one of each role. Don't really understand why some people level up every battle job. Theres no way you're going to be able to gear them all up and be proficient at all of them so I consider it kind of a waste.

Even saying that I wish I could play every job because every job I've played I really like. But when I level a job I know I won't touch to 60 I get kind of sad because I know theres little chance I'll get to play it again.

Anything's possible in duty finder. You'll end up playing better than about half of the folks you run into, even if you only know the basics of your job.

*Anything except DPS is possible in duty finder

Oh I know. I get sad when I parse in the DF. As WHM I am top dps in a 4 man more than I care to admit.

What prompted the current BRD/MCH/NIN/DRG meta? If these jobs synergize so well why would it change in the next expansion?

so i finally said "fuck it" and joined a pair of my friends a blm and a whm who like to pvp a lot. we pvp'd quite a bit back in vanilla WoW and up through the second xpac before we quit so we're pretty good with each other once we get into the groove. problem is, i main war, and as my previous post indicates, melee + pvp in FF14 is absolute fucking cancer.

luckily, i have mch at 60 with an ilvl of about 240, so i figured why the fuck not? i'll break from tradition i have always played melee or healer in pvp, never a ranged dps of any kind and wow, what a difference. we did frontline for about two hours last night and not only was it fun, but i actually felt like i was having an impact on the battle. i got battle high a few times, and even battle fever once, something i've never had before. i have a slow, a root, a ranged silence, a close range stun and knockback, a phys or magical vuln debuff, and the ability to become a high-damage turret-like caster or be a more mobile chip-damage unit.

in conclusion, i had a lot of fun. the most fun ive had in pvp since ever pvp was introduced in this game. which is great, but also kinda sucks, because i'd like to be able to have that sort of fun as a melee as well. but outside of the feast on a paladin playing cover/off heal/stun bot mostly i imagine i can't see enjoying melee anymore. not after last night, where i felt like i had an answer to most situations that arose.

Gee I sure hope we get some mid-maintenance info on upcoming SB features.

literally just buy cheap 255 gear off mb

you wot m8? the EX primals are voluntary sidequests, not requirements for the main quest. none of the EX primals are quest requirements to progress the MSQ.

nigga what? you dont even need to do hm.

Can anyone point me to which part of the game they are referencing?

Also, I recently saw that you can get the "Scions Striker Attire"

Is there any way to wear Y'shtola's gear when she comes back?
Not really a spoiler but they comment on her forbidden magic and her weird eyes. Is she a zombie of sorts? Or reanimated dead?

she's blind from casting the forbidden spell and drawing on Aether i think to see the world around her. it has been said this will eventually kill her

Thanks for the clarification. Wow that is so fucking sad. I'm so sad now. She is almost best girl too

HM is actually part of the story at least twice. You have to clear all of the original three primal HMs in order to progress the story past a certain point, and then later titan in particular comes up again.

Y'shtola herself is fine but she's using her own Aether, the thing that is basically both your life force and your body and your immortal soul, in order to see.

This is brought up several times as an unnecessary danger she's bringing upon herself, and her former mentor is pissed at her for doing it because it will shorten her life and/or kill her outright over time.

she already killed herself cause once you die you basically go into the aether to be reborn later on but before she faded away we brought her back but since she cast the spell to save the other person she gonna end up suffering in the long run again what other user said her mentor is pissed

remember, lalafels are people too

No they aren't.

more like (((people))).

she didn't technically kill herself. rather, she used a basic in-principle but very dangerous in-practice spell called "flow" that allowed her to spirit herself and Thancred away via the lifestream. Minfilia heard Hydaelyn calling and caught a ride with Y'sh and Thancred when she went running back. she was "alive" the entire time, but as with Cloud floating in the lifestream in FF7, it took it's toll. Cloud survived (and recovered) due to his Mako treatment in FF7, but Y'sh suffered her blindness while Thancred lost the connection with his aether completely.

i am curious to see how they'll deal with this in Stormblood, as Y'shtola is a pretty popular character, and being rather young and quite popular, you'd think they wouldn't want to go and off her just quite yet.

What was the thought process behind the aids that is HW gathering/crafting?

"They'll keep paying the sub anyway, so why not"

UPDATE: Just hit 60 on WHM. God knows what I'll do for the next month now

epic blogpost friend!

anima user, clearly.

Is every dungeon needed for the main story quests? I'm level 21 and looking into Tam-Tara and it just sounds terribly fucking boring.

Not every dungeon. There's 7 mandatory dungeons before you hit 50, with 5 optional.

And if you think Tam-Tara is bad, just wait until you get to Thousand Maws. Probably the worst instance in the game due to how long and repetitive it is.

NA datacenters will be merged after maint, r-right?

oh sweet bubbeluh.

DONT TEASE ME

That's a cute catslut.

I've never been in any other dungeon with so many failures.

Yeah, Darkhold is far worse than Thousand Yawns. That place is just boring, it doesn't do shit like put a trash pull at the bottom of a cliff just close enough that it can be aggro'd from the top. Every wipe I've been in there has been because of that specific spot after the first boss.

at least that pull keeps Dzemael interesting. Thousand Yawns can't be interesting if it tried.

i honestly wish more dungeons had bullshit pulls like Dzemael and a couple of the rooms in AV. the whole "let's pull discrete packs of 2-4 guys at once" thing gets old after awhile. they sorta tapped into something good with the people mover segment in Baelsar's, but then it was just back to the same ol'.

also

Okay. As a player of 3 months. Should I put effort to finish the last 2 quests of the Zodiac weapon arc. The ARR one.

pls don't do this

If you want the Glamour, sure. Most weapons in Heavensward make it obsolete stat-wise. But if you want it for bragging rights and to make something else look pretty, pick it up. You ought to get through it before Stormblud drops.

Why before and notbwait after?

You don't have to do it before, but you can get it done in that time frame.

Good fap.

Little over a month left, boys.

Have they put in the catchup mechanics in yet like last time?

I want to be able to do the Stormblood content without grinding forever.

Highest ilvl you need to clear the MSQ up to Stormblood is 235, for Baelsar's Wall. You can get a full set of lore gear (easy) and do the Proto-Ultima weekly quest once for a 270 ring and that'll put you over the line.

sweet, i'll prolly resub next week

lore gear nothing just fuck around in frontlines for a day and you have the garo gear ready for SB lvl.60 questing.

i play on JP Datacentre. PVP Queues never pop.

FUCK ALA MHIGGERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

damn that showed way too much
still hyped too bad I'm broke and I didnt do the last 2 updates

wait the Garo gear is still ingame!?
I thought that was a limited event thing

GAIUS VAN BAELSAR DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG

korean inspiration confirmed

at least they did their best to try and stay accurate to the player base.

Found the hentai easy enough. Design was very familiar. Will only tell you the scene is in episode 3.

Sorry episode 2. Was too busy fapping to read right page

NEW DATACENTER IS IN CUCKIFORNIA. MY PING HAS DOUBLED. ENJOY THE SUMMER BROWNOUTS CAUSING DOWNTIME.

I don't know what ghetto-ass burg you live in, but those are rare as hell.

California needs to just break off the rest of the real USA and fucking drown already. You faggots and your eight dollar asparagus water, prius, and pozzing parties are a blight on society.

serbers r bak

oh god, the cancer will spread.

JUST BREAK OFF OF THE PLANET COMMIEFORINA, YOU ARE LITTLE EU AT THIS POINT. HOLY FUCK, I'M MAD.

I always forget Garo gear is actually good.

It is, but they said the event is a long-term one and will be around until some time after Stormblood launches.

says dallas for me boys, still shitty ~100ms ping though

I think you have California confused with "The region around San Francisco". North California needs to get hit by an orbital laser or fifty, with San Francisco having become a mecca for the "LGBT" crowd, which means "The faggots, and also every other mental-disorder special snowflake tumblrina who wants to identify as 'muh oppression'".

The problem is the south half, which used to be fine, is getting overrun by fucking mexicans.

Not to mention this faglord lives there.

commiefornia confirmed for needing purging

t. commifornian. burn it all in righteous fire

I never said they aren't the problem. There are more red voters (or just people who are middle-ground voters that swing either way) than you'd think in this state, though, and they're being run out by the cucks on one side and the spics on the other.

sasuga my pc

Run the stormblood benchmark and enjoy your fifteen FPS. :^)

suck it up americans said, well welcome to the eel farms motherfuckers

God damnit Yoshi, why Cali…..

Used to get sub 30 ping now I'm getting 120+ and my guy feels slow clunky and disconnected.

I can't double weave oGCDs anymore and my DRG feels unplayable. Time to cancel my sub and my order for Stormblood. Guess SE didn't need my money anyway.

The fuck is double weaving?

How do you not know this…
Double weaving is using two off global cooldowns between two global cooldowns.It's really critical for DRG and NIN.

For example, True Thrust> Blood for Blood> Internal release> Vorpal Thrust. You squeeze Blood for blood and internal between clicking True and Vorpal thrust. The changes to the server means that most people on the east cost with a high ping can no longer do this.

I've only just started playing since after this thread was created.

That means me, so I guess it's something I'm not really going to have to worry about anyway.

Hope you didn't have plans to play NIN, DRG, DRK, MCH or BRD cause they are all shit without double weaving.

I just got a 60 job last week and want to get geared up decently before SB

Do you know what gear RDM is going to wear? So I can save up or hoard gear