SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE STAR IN 0x A PRESSES

SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE STAR IN 0x A PRESSES

Other urls found in this thread:

mariomayhem.com/downloads/mario_paint_composer_download/
danielx.net/composer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So cheating, zzz inducing.

This has to stop

One day, autists will find out how to play video games with no inputs whatsoever.

As if the original 0x A presses were not TAS

every single video of pannen is TAS fucking newfag

Uh this is not a "pannen" video.

that's the point faggot. It's more to see the limits of what a game allows

fucking kill me.

BUT WE'RE SO CLOSE TO NOT NEEDING A SINGLE A PRESS

Reported.

Do you really expect to win against self-conflicting autists?

funny you mention that. redfuzzydice is the alt-channel of magicscrumpy, a melee player who makes tas videos and melee mods. he tassed an entry into a combo vid contest. the vid in question was 600 hours, where he played as young link on netplay. a lot of people questioned the legitimacy of it, but there wasn't enough evidence to prove it was faked, so he won. it wasn't until someone found that (through autistic mathematical science and shit) every clip started on the 5th second, the move staling, percentages and stocks didn't match up, thus proving that the video was faked a long while after he had won the contest (along with the cash prize!)

theres an entire reddit post about it if i bother to find it, but it is really interesting.

I guess not, but it would be nice if we could.

that's low

Finally an excuse to post this
Also he presses a by accident once when swimming.

It already happened

wow super mario sunshine looks fun asf

that second one was clever

how hard would be to pickup the mario sounds, make a sounfount and make this video in FL studio?

I hate you.

It's not a physical competition

Yeah, just cropping that video and leaving all the important details out makes it sound insane.

cool
boring

I appreciate that Sunshine exists and all but I really wish a better Mario game was made in it's place.

What gimmicky and broken pieces of shit some parts of Sunshine are and I mean like a good 80% of it. I replayed it recently and the farther I got it, the worst it became. Sunshine was worse than I remembered.

I don't like any of the 3D mario games, SMW was the pinnacle of the series.

How many times did you die on chucksters user?

Can you really say he did that without any A presses? Sure he was able to get that one star with it, but he needed to have the rocket jump unlocked first which means he must have had to use an A press at some point(unless it's possible to unlock it without pressing A at all, which I highly doubt.) In an indirect, roundabout way, getting that star did require an A press.

I hate to paraphrase pannenkoek's madness, but here goes.
The shine itself required no a presses, meaning on a single shine basis it was gotten with zero a presses. In a full game run, a presses may be required here and there to, say, unlock the rocket nozzle or get to a course.

The only bullshit parts of Sunshine are that manta ray and some later levels where you don't have the water thing.

I stopped when it started to play the pseudo-flintstones part because it was so fucking strange.

An "A press" is a binary action. It is either pressed or it is not pressed. It is not an analog trigger. There is no spectrum.

Next you'll tell me the A button has 52 genders.

A half A press is just a numerical way of saying you didn't have to let go of the A button and press the A button again. So someone that completes a half A press essentially held the button down and didn't let go until they had to.

fuck off henry

TJ "Henry" Detected

neat, I feel like no nozzles + no a presses will become a more popular format though, since being able to gain height from rocket/hover kinda trivializes the whole aspect of not jumping.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Nice try (((Henry)))

Like with speed running, I just don't get it.

I agree, traps are NOT gay because they identify as female.

That happens when you are a female or don't have any testosterone in your body.

That was hard until I did the spinning jump and then it's too easy and you literally do it with your eyes closed.

Everyone says that's the best part of the game and they are not wrong.

That part was guessing right? I remember it fondly but it was probably bullshit at the time. Thing is, I like cryptic shit like that for some reason.

Yeah, your taste is shit.

———————————————————–

SM64 was good because Mario controls better.
He has momentum and can do cool parkour moves which increases the amount of things you can do with him.

Sunshine had the flood and a dive and that's it!

Plus, most levels were climb to the top and if you fell, it was quicker to reload the level than swim all the way back. Not to mention blue coins and the yoshi vents hotel level. Sunshine also lacked variety. Not a great game, nor a bad game.

Take this Template cancer back to cuckchan faggerson

hahahah :D henry tj pls go XDDDDDD

just report and hide faggot

There are 3 parts.
Let me demonstrate with a punch animation:
Not holding A has your character stand still.
Holding A has your character charge up a punch.
Releasing A has your character perform the punch.
How is it that hard to understand?

This, movement is really fucking good, but the level design is BUBSY 3D TIER
God fuck. If Mario didn't move so well, 64 could have been the game that killed Nintendo.

i shouldnt be surprised at this point

TAS is not cheating, human play is just sub-optimal.

I want to fuck that teenage robot

next you'll tell me there are 200 genders

mariomayhem.com/downloads/mario_paint_composer_download/

danielx.net/composer/

I'm pretty sure that was a fragment Xenopittan.

Now look away from the screen & down at your thumb.
Is it pressing the button or is it not?
The answer is binary. The action is binary.

If you are not holding A the number of A presses is a whole number. If you are holding A you're in the middle of an A press.
If each A press that has already been started is represented by a single binary digit then there are two states per A press, hence the half A press system.

Not holding A = 0
Holding A = 1
Now in what position do you need to situate your thumb for that value to be between 0 and 1 ?

im disappointed in you

Additionally, hardware switches tend to bounce. Literally. When you press a button, moving electrical conductor plate strikes against energized plate and bounces right back. It momentarily completes the A button circuit and then breaks it, thereby constituting an extremely rapid A button press. This happens a good few times before two plates settle, in the span of few milliseconds, up to 50 milliseconds depending on the type of switch.

So if you want to be a reclusive piece of shit and go full on technical, each A button press is in fact anywhere between 3 and 15 A button presses, it's just the console only registers one.

I'm asking a question, not making shit up, dumbass.

The water gun mechanics should have just gone towards creating a new franchise. Basically, they should have made Splatoon a decade earlier.

youre asking a rigged question with logic that doesnt apply to the topic at hand

It does apply. And yes it's a rigged question, it showcases that the whole argument is a load of crap and superficial sophistry.

I want a Mario Sunshine vs Inklings game.

using an impossible scenario is not a valid argument.

Well, if producing half an A press requires impossible scenario, that means half an A press is impossible. QED

do not twist things around

But you are the twist things around, Poland. You use sophistry to make a point that's otherwise invalid. And since sophistry itself is invalid, it cannot validate otherwise invalid point either.

A PvE mode where all of the players unite against a giant Fludd mech. I'd play it.

you are lucky most of our boards or down or you would be going straight to the
>>>/gulag/

You can't post here if you're under 18.

i wonder how many a presses you will use to make quicklime when the gulag is restored

But user, that is usually reserved for people like (((you))).

if that is so, i will bring you with me. we will do much manual labor and i will eat all of your rations

ya, I bet you know all about the spectrum.

Truly, the mario fandom is the most autismal.
I liked the koopa shells.

there was a similar auto mario music video posted a while ago that involved 2 or more side by side synced up. anyone got it?

THERE"S A 1440P VERSION

feels good being a mario autist

NOT DOING AN ACTION IS NOT PART OF AN ACTION DUMBASS

Here's why your argument is stupid:
A semi-auto handgun can only fire one bullet per a trigger pull because there's a sear that will not engage until it's reset by releasing a trigger up to a certain point. Which one matters to track, how many bullets were fired or how many 'full' trigger pulls were done?

Where has the time gone?

Faggots can't even name their runs something understandable.
The level of autism involved in every aspect of this is off the charts.

I don't understand why this half A press thing is hard for you guys to grasp. Unlike the abridged version for humor, this is explained fairly well in this webm. The game recognizes two states of using the A button pushing the A button and holding the A button, letting go of the A button has no context relevance to the game. Every time you skip a step of letting go of the A button to press it is a "half A press" because you pretty much skipped the need to press it again.

Because it's fucking meaningless to hold the fucking button down, when it's clear that he's doing a low/no jump run. It's how many jumps he does that matters not if let's go of a or not. It's like insisting that you can fire 15 rounds out of pistol with just 14.5 trigger pulls because you hold down the trigger on the 15th round.

If he needs one A press in the previous stage and can complete the next stage with "half an A press" (AKA just holding it down and not needing to jump), he can keep holding the A from the previous stage and finish with just one A press.

Then the first stage is a one jump stage and the second stage is a no jump stage then, you retard.

Yeah, but the second stage still needs a jump if you're doing only the second stage and not the whole game. Also, if you manage to have 0 A presses except one stage where you have "half", then you also need to jump. "Half an A press" is a retarded name but there is a distinction.

But in the second stage you're still taking advantage of the a press in you did earlier. The A press is used in both stages, one part (pressing the button) and the other part (holding the button). Releasing the button has no use so it isn't counted, otherwise we'd have 1/3 A presses

When you program a game to interpret a button, you can use both the fact the button is pressed and the fact it is released to activate different functions. A gun doesn't shoot something different when you release the trigger, so the analogy sucks.

He clearly points out that he can save jump instances by doing so. The idea is the find as many ways as possible to decrease a inputs as much as possible and this is one way of doing it. Some anons have already argued this shit better than me.

Heck, why are you being triggered by a Mario autist?

No it doesn't, does mario need to jump in that level? If yes then it's a one jump stage, if not but you need to another stage first then it's a no jump stage if you do the proper steps accordingly.

Then it by that logic it's not a 1/2 a press but should be a 2/3 a press then since your holding it then. Since making that distinction makes this insistence holding a doesn't count as a jump makes the concept even more ridiculous.

It can't shoot at all, until the trigger resets, just like you can't jump again until the switch in the button is reset, the analogy is apt.

Super mario 64 gets around pressing A by clipping into walls, accelerating to infinite speed and manipulating hidden values. Sunshine does it with the rocket nozzle. This isn't impressive or interesting by any stretch of the imagination.

you have been blessed by fun in the sun Mario. good clean fun in the sun will come to you but only if you buy Super Mario Sunshine for the Nintendo Gamecube

how many full trigger pulls, if that's what you're tracking, you retard.
everybody gets that tracking a inputs is totally arbitrary, including pannen. he's trying to keep the number down as an arbitrary challenge.

It's not "hard to grasp" when it's absolutely meaningless in the first place. They are not struggling to understand pannen's artificial concept, they're just outright dismissing it.

But what's the fucking point of counting the trigger pulls when the point of pulling the trigger is to fire a bullet? That's the point i'm making.
If admits the challenge is arbitrary, then I think the challenge is stupid since there is no way we can't prove that he let go the a button short of him livestreaming it since he can just edit it afterwards and he should do a no/low jump run instead. Doing that you can obverse how many jumps without observing his hands.

Exactly, shit's retarded, has a retarded loophole and he should use austim towards a low/no jump run instead.

He already is. I've been watching his shit for more than a year now. But places where he simply needs at least some a input this comes in handy.

He did not say it was a no jump run, it's a goal towards a complete no A press run. That includes more then just jumping.

Maybe if buttons were female I'd be better at videogames.

The A button is a boolean function: it is or isn't held down. Held down = true, or = false. An "A press" is going from false to true, and then true to false. Therefore just holding it down is half an A press; it doesn't become a full A press until you've stopped holding it down.

DUMBFUCK

EVEN NORMALFAGS WHO WATCHED THE VIDEO UNDERSTAND THIS EXTREMELY SIMPLE CONCEPT

YOU HAVE THE IQ OF A NIGGER

Does the game recognise that though, or is it just using one?

Technically it would only recognize true and false, however that doesn't mean you can't have it check to see if the button is held (true) for more then a brief moment and change the action based on that context, even so that actually makes the 0.5 A press more credible since it's not a full press until it goes from true (pressed/held down) back to false (released).

You do make a convincing point. But I think it really falls to what stance you think an A press is composed off, on the technical/mechanics side, there's pressing the button at all constituting the A press, however like you say in a held/released there can be two parts to it.

I would say that the mechanics side matters more but it's really semantics and this whole topic is ultra autistic regardless.

The term only applies to single segments. The press was already counted prior to this segment and was held going into it, so it's only called a half because it doesn't add a full press but still needs to be counted. It's explained very clearly in the video.

Basically it boils down to whether or not you count the part of releasing the button, this is essentially where what the whole argument boils down to.

Some underrated bantz right here.

So… I just realised that the author of OP's video is just redoing again videos from a different user that is barely known (his videos only have like 2k views)

youtube.com/user/GohgoSpeedruns/videos

He was already accused of ripping off melee content from other users in his melee channel. That, along with these new videos and his "not-TAS-but-it-is-a-TAS" bullshit video made me realise he is a piece of shit that is taking the fame and pretending to be some huge shit.

Fuck him.

Not nearly as impressive as Mario 64, considering Sunshine essentially gives you a jump that doesn't require pressing A.

You still press buttons? What are you playing, some kind of baby games?

I still remember not getting a GC because the direction they went with Sunshine pissed me off enough.

What is the significance of not pressing A?

But this is cheating, you don't need to jump in Sunshine, you can just use Fludd, a more impressive feat would be playing the whole game without Fludd's jetpack

i think people already do that, so we need a no fludd/0x a press run

A really underrated appreciation of underrated bantz right here.

There's actually a little bit more to it besides lacking a normal jump, for the purpose of this star. You can't get off a tightrope without pressing A to jump off, so the player had to collect all the red coins without once touching the tightropes.

To whose perspective? The Trap or the the Trapped?
Its gay ether way.

he clearly jumps quite a few times during this video

Oh boy

People must know of this injustice.

You'd better be talking about that literally who copying Sunshine videos or you're a retarded lying faggot.

If it's gay for a trap to trap the trapped and it's gay for the trapped to tap his trap trapper, then it becomes double-gay and cancels itself out and is very much straight again.