Killzone 2

I replayed Killzone 2 it was actually a pretty good game.
Shame the other games were so shit.

If this came to PC I'd like it but the DualShock wasn't designed for FPS and the franchise is mediocre, imagine the game without the Helghast.

Oh if this game was on PC it would of been amazing but for a console shooter it was still really fantastic.

I played them 2 years ago, I wasn't very fantasized by because at its core it's Halo on PS and advertised as such. The reasons you listed are things that should be in every shooter going for realism and/or story so it just meets standard. The online was fun (I heard Resistance's multiplayer was good) but that always dies because it's a console and will never come to PC.

Killzone 1 was average and everything else was shit you 7th Gen underage nigger.

Never played it and all I remember from it is that the entire franchise is grey and brown. Actually wait… wasn't it just grey and grey for the most part?

Resistance is way better, one the few consoleshit shooters that didnt bore me to death

Appropriate considering that thats the color of the shits I take.

The first one was average and the sequels were shit.
Just like Killzone

Killzone 1.

Killzone 2.5

Killzone 3.
At least the multiplayer was fun.

Killzone PSP ( techincally Killzone 2.)

NuKillzone.

The series peaked with 2 and Liberations. Everything afterwards was just depressing.

yeah its pretty shit

Killzone 3 has the best multiplayer ever

except they only made 3 operations maps, the fucks

More like the game's control scheme wasn't. In Halo it's fine to have the stick button mapped to aim down sights because it only matters on the sniper rifle but fuck when you have to click the stick to shoot every enemy it sucks ass.
That being said I used to love my DualShock until I realized the 360 controller can switch between AAs or rechargable batteries and you know, the chatpad. The thing just feels so much more hefty and substantial than the DS3 or Sixaxis.

It really pains me to see the multiplayer is just about completely dead. You'll only be playing one map for the most part and don't hope for a full game either since not enough people play the multiplayer anymore.

Yes the single player was great to. Rico sucks of course and is like at least 50% of the reason why so many dislike the ISA. Vehicle sections weren't long, would have liked to have seen more of that.

I swear if only they just continued what made 2 good for the sequels this series would have easily been a top favorite of mine. Such wasted potential here. Although admittedly 3's single player is still pretty fun. Not as fun as 2's was but 3's multiplayer definitely isn't as good as 2's.

For Killzone 2 and 3 you can switch the controls so that you aim holding L1 just like if you were playing any typical shooter these days. I definitely prefer that way instead of the default controls they set for the game. I just wish I can also map sprint to L2 and crouch to left stick click.

I wonder how much better this game could have been on PC and how it would have been received. At the very least we would have got a much better framerate which I'd imagine would have made way more people try the game out and see how good it is.

i remember playing kz on launch and was impressed by exactly one thing: the animations for the guns were fucking unreal. i have a fetish for guns where your guy doesn't treat his weapons like delicate little sex toys and the shotgun in particular has the character fucking beating the shit out of it to rack a new round or to reload it. everything else even in its time was mediocre at best, the textures were shit, the story was retarded, the whole thing was just disappointing

Pretty much
Nice concepts, piss poor execution
Mediocre as fuck, especialy for 2004

3 was ok, shadowfall was shit due to the retarded story and shizophrenic game design.

kz2 was a really decent space-military-shooter. too bad rico survives all games.

This was the first First Person Shooter I ever played. I loved it back in the day. I spent literal days playing the multiplayer. It was my first online multiplayer experience too. I remember I used to follow people around and try to back them up because I didn't feel I was good enough to just go on my own. I remember how impressed I was about how there were other actual real life people somewhere in the world playing the game with me.

I'd say fuck off to Reddit but you'd fit in better at Neogaf.

What's with this fucking stream of Sonyggers lately, we are a discussion of Heavy Rain away from reaching peak.

At least one autist has the right idea for this thread.

Likely cuckchan refugees
Back in 2014 this fucking thread would have been shat so hard we would be posting caps about it nowadays.

I non-ironically enjoyed killzone 2 multiplayer, was the tits.

Killzone and other Sony games have a small cult following on here, no one likes the PS4 but the PS3 had some games with good potential on it.

They should have gone full twist at the end of 2 and let you play as the helgan in the third game trying to push back the invading ISA.

Man, this board has gone to shit

And a better gameplay (K&M)

I'm hoping for a remaster. I never got to play the game and I've been watching some online gameplay on youtube recently. Graphics look amazing and it looks fun as hell too. I'll buy PS4 just for that

Just buy a ps3 and get the killzone collection.
You get all 3 mainline games.

Guerilla Games only one thing right, created the Helghan and stealing their design from Jin-roh, the rest was dog-shite, WW2 space opera with outdated tactics, fuck that.

Templar already died by Killzone 3 and Rico went from foul-mouthed mexican spic to fucking nigger.

Sony is pretty retarded back then, they can't even managed to foster community and managed to kill a lot of their studios and brands.

They're still retarded, these days they're forcing their major studios to make a bunch of Last of Us-like games.

Shit company that makes shit games. Killzone is thankfully a dead franchise.

people tend to forget that killzone shadowfall wasn't really a game but rather a tech demo for the PS4.

There is nothing wrong with liking a good game. Some of you guys just prefer to hate on everything.

Let me guess, the only FPS you deem acceptable is old arena FPS like Quake and Unreal?

I don't think anyone in this thread is trying to claim it is GOAT or anything like that but some of the games in the series are pretty solid.

I've also been hoping for a remaster and yes the multiplayer is very fun. I've had plenty of intense chaotic matches where the right spawn grenades were placed and everybody is going wild shooting each other and throwing grenades everywhere in a small area. Forward the video to 11:00 and you'll see what I mean.

If it was sold as a game it's judged as a game.

CALL OF DUTY

Multiplayer was still fun though.

Man I miss playing this game.

Got me thinking how many anons still have KZ2 for PS3? Maybe we could play some matches.

I like how the guns sound like guns.

The final act of Killzone Mercenary has you fighting the ISA

The one thing I missed from the first one is the character choice, being able to play as a sneaky assasin with alternative paths should be in more games.

Killzone Mercenary was pretty much the best Killzone game, enjoyed the shades of gray mercenary morality, and daily reminder this game was made by the guys who did MediEvil and they're dead, RIP.

man that still looks good today. Would be amazing on PC

I liked Killzone Mercenary because you finally got to fuck up some ISA for some missions.

ISA did nothing wrong Helghast genocide best day of my life