Code Vein

I've heard that the God Eater team is making this any expectations for this Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/gainax_west/status/809370721793101824?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never played god eater, and the game looks rather edgy and disposable but I many give it a chance when it comes out.

I dig the art style

Waifus

actually looks pretty fun. I'm open to new interpretations of that slow, deliberately paced but satisfying melee combat the souls games popularized.

How does the game have souls like combat? It looks like regular action gameplay with dodging.

excuse me im retarded i meant
dub only with voice acting on par with dora the explorer

They need to fix damage feedback. Enemies should not just sit there when being attacked, unless the weapon is doing no damage.

Its trash.

Looks like another epic Nippon panty simulator game whose creators we're going to have to send a card to for standing up to the Western SJW influence by giving us more copy-pasted animu girls for us to spill our vital manseed to.

wow this some real asshurt user.

He's just that one guy who went into every thread posting "omfg weebshit sucks" and got banned. Now he's back and you just need to report him.

Would you care to prove him wrong instead of just reporting?

Sounds really sad.

I'm interested, but I need to see far more gameplay to form a complete opinion on it.

I hope they show a demo soon.

Would you care to prove him right instead of just helping the goon shitpost? In fact why did you even reply to me when you could have just done that to begin with since you're so obsessed with it? Oh that's right. Because your standards only apply to others and not yourself.

I'm hoping the combat either has a bit more weight to it, or it turns into crazier God Eater or DMC/Bayonetta styled combat.

But I like the designs and environment and whatnot so far. I really want to see more.

Way too fucking weeb for my tastes.
Once the characters start getting that touhou kawiiii uguuu~ look, I immediately get turned off.

I'm terribly sorry someone insulted your sacred cow, but the other user brings up good points about Holla Forums incessantly sucking off jap games no matter how shallow, and that this game seems to be including standard anime waifus for no reason other than bringing in the otaku/weeaboo crowd. The game looks like it would have a more congruous style if it stuck to edgy flesh and metal instead of the very neatly styled anime faces mixed with the aforementioned edge.

So you're a goon who don't know what IDs are. Fuck off goon and take your weebshit complaints back to somethingawful.

I'm still a bit confused at how people think this souls combat also it seems to lack that impact you see from other action games combat wise.

Would you care to address anything beyond the first sentence?

No.

I'm not sure what you expected user.

If this is like God Eater, they will take a copied base, add an interesting edgy aesthetic and some good ideas (like the custom bullets or the devour mechanic), but the final product will feel a little off.
Like others anons said I hope they give weight to the blows and that the cheeki breeki scorpion girl is playable, a tail sounds more interesting for combat that the xbox claw the guy has.

Hey man, my first post in this thread is saying it looks bad but I'll try it. You seem to be the one strawmanning here.

I could list tons of games that are Japanese and fucking great, without anime art styles.

The animu characters really clash with the rest of the artstyle. Shit like the second pic posted makes that really apparent. Kinda reminds me of shit like Agame Ga Kill and Tokyo Ghoul. I guess if you're into edgy shit like that it's cool, but the game honestly looks like ass. It might play well, who knows, but right it's a solid fucking "no thanks" for me.

Fuck off retarded goon shitposter.

All you've done this whole thread is call me a goon, would you care to make argument? Cause I'll just stop replying if not.

No.

If they want to make this a Vampire action RPG they need to make it more hard hitting and bloody.

Yea I kinda see where you're coming from in regards to the art but again this is the God Eater team they've been known for this style.

Alright Mr. Broken record, here's my last (you), savor it.

Fuck off retarded goon shitposter.

Maybe because it appears so much that everyone is absolutely tired of the "I hate weebshit *autistic screeching" comments. Whatever truth those comments might have was already shitposted to death just like Quentin comics were.

And besides, getting triggered over an aesthetic choice is the stupidest fucking shit.

Yes it's anime stylistic, please tell me why that is worth mentioning? Does it tell us anything about the gameplay? Does it tell us whether the game plays well or not? No? Then is it even fucking important that the anime has moe girls?

You might dislike that aesthetic, some people love it, and it's okay that some other dislike it. But throwing a tantrum over the fact that it has anime girls at all is fucking retarded.

Look at this user he at least put some effort in saying that the style of the background clashes with the anime aesthetic. He didn't say that the aesthetic is inherently bad.

This user at least had the decency to say that weebshit is not his thing, and therefore he won't like it.

this thing can be summed up in "I DON'T LIKE THING, THEREFORE THE THING IS BAD" it's a claim without any arguments to back it up and constitutes of nothing more than whining. Therefore it can be easily discarded because it brings absolutely nothing into the discussion about the game and is generally annoying.

It's like the realistic armor vs unrealistic armor threads over again.

In the very post you are responding to, I said that the styles clash. Also I like anime styling where appropriate, and when it's not just some paper thin ploy for the otaku/weeaboo audience for muh cute grills. Nier automata has cute girls, anime aesthetic, and it doesn't try to sell itself by tugging my dick. I think the devs could do better by just making an edgy gory game and foregoing the anime faces that seem woefully out of place.

I'm referring to the fact that you tried to defend a shit comment and was surprised that the other user called you a goon. I don't care about your personal opinion about this and whether you like the anime aesthetic or not. I'm just explaining to you why the way you started this discussion is fucking retarded.

Also ironically, the game you mentioned was the exact same game that was bitching about. We sent a card to the creator of Takahisa Taura as a thank you for "standing up to SJWshit". The fact that you clearly seem quite clueless about that makes me think that you should lurk moar or get the fuck out.

Why are you even pretending to talk to the shitposting goon? They're blind with rage at anything anime.

Is she a companion?

nah I'm just sick of people disregarding criticism as goons, and admittedly the post I was defending was a shitpost, he made a point. Also I know about the card to yoko, and I think it was awful and that everyone who contributed is a massive cocksucker, but it doesn't make the game any less good.

Where did CV tried to do this? The girl has no erotic clothing or figure whatsoever, especially if you compare her with 2B.
Also the style is clearly not gritty gore (brown and guts) but anime gore (clean lines and tons of blood with almost no guts).

She's a boss

You're contradicting yourself, you say that you're sick of people disregarding criticism as goons and yet you defended a clear shitpost. You're either a condescending, subversive little shit or retarded.

He's both.

I don't understand why people come into threads of game genres they don't like.

It's mostly goons.

I mean fuck, who else can be so retarded to come to a site, that is based on a Janapese type of websites, type that was popularized in the west by a fucking weeb and also a backstabbing little kike, and that was initially used to discuss fucking anime.

It's like going to Poland or Russia to shittalk slavs.

I've been noticing this more lately.

But anime is trash and chans are no longer about it

Looks like it could be really fun. Although what combat it does show, it bothers me how the enemies don't stagger when you attack them. Could be fun, could be bad, all I hope is that no matter what the game gets a PC release. Every game, good or bad, should be released on PC.

God Eater was released on pc, so the chances are high.

I don't have any good expectations

I think you mean western animation at least 50% of anime is watchable still and not sjw lite.

I keep hearing the comparisons to soulsborne did people forget that other games did dodging and other basic action gameplay ?

cute girls are a good thing pretty much universally, goons always crack me up with how much they freak out over it.

really activates the almonds doesnt it

yeah flip flappers was one of the best looking animations of all time at least until the last few episodes, had some serious 11/10 moments with its animation directing and key framing too

Nonsense. Soulslikes invented videogames.

This is the game Namco was selling with the "Prepare to DINE" marketing, and you're wondering why people were assuming it would be similar to Souls?

God the gameplay needs more impact and weight along with being faster.

I hate Vatii shills so much for spreading this cancerous term everywhere.

hard to really tell much about it without being able to play it to see how things like dodging feels, how your combos work, enemy behaviors, etc. no one knew enemies in dark souls 2 turned and locked on like fucking turn tables until launch - just as an example.

Oh I know there is some cancer in anime but western animation is so shit that it makes the worst cancer east seem good.

even the best of in these modern times is fucking awful

Jesus this is a bad error and Season 5 is best cartoon currently.

True I just want weight and impact like Bloodborne did.

When did that get good? All I saw in the first 3 episodes were terrible episodic trash that were constantly kept intentionally vague so it could lure in retards by being "soooo mysterious". And all the pseudointellectual bullshit in the threads trying to analyze every single frame of the show made me wan to throw up. It was basically just a bad version of Final Fantasy Unlimited with added circlejerking.

How many episodes in does it it take for it to get good? Because the first 3 episodes were really bad. Only good part was the bondage fountain/bath and only because it looked sexy.

Oh god that looks terrible.

Judging from the gameplay it looks like a slower god eater game complete with it's own devouring system and NPC allies.
Plot wise Shift always repeats the same fucking plot, one of the NPC partners will die then when they make the inevitable expansion pack at the end of that game they will be resurrected.

Also Code Veins main girl looks terrible compared to Alisa, the hell happened?

They really should have worked in Ashi's design a little more, she starts looking better once that she "transforms" in leave girl but still feels off in some scenes.

Funny thing is, the production for that cartoon is most likely higher than the best they have in Japan.

Well, you got me there. I still have a hard time enjoying either. All I want is a new panty & stocking.

thats a good ass reaction image though

Use it for confusion.

it was great from the start and went down hill towards the last two episodes. I don't mean to be rude or condescending or anything but I just think you didn't get it. It's a show which makes really strong use of motifs and each episode is relevant to the overarching plot, in fact I have to say it wastes almost no time showing you relevant information and doesn't spoonfeed you the nitty gritty of what's really going on until they really clarify things at the climax of the show at the end.

There's tons of allusion to famous art, literature, direct references and jokes based on other famous works, it's a pretty interesting show that explores alternate realities and consciousnesses

do you mean it's more expensive? It probably is, anime is produced on some joke budgets. If you mean it looks better I think I have to insist you don't really watch anime m8

I was surprised they actually stopped on that frame like that and figured it was acceptable

Boss isn't fully naked. JAPs are cucks and game looks like shit.

No you don't. All the people who worked on the original are now working at TRIGGER. Studio TRIGGER was created solely because GAINAX wanted to stop creating new content and focus on adapting shitty manga and LN… which blew up in their faces because there's no talent left at the company.

And that's why they have to whore out old IPs and why you are getting a season 2.
twitter.com/gainax_west/status/809370721793101824?lang=en
Its gonna get raped in the ass in a way not even Stocking would like.

First part. Anime looks better, even with the designs not being the most memorable. The budgets are low as fuck compared to western shows. Where the fuck does the money even go with cartoons?

Read carefully, he said good animation. The plot is ultra crap though.

How's the new season of Gin? Watched the first two ep but I can't watch it seriously. The fillets are more entertaining previous seasons.

voice actors.

She's been growing on me but no one can replace Alisa.

honestly? Look at the voice actors they hire. They have some serious egos and the money probably goes mostly to them, cuz the korean inbetweeners sure aren't getting enough to produce quality.

I think the story is very nice until the conclusion. It still works it's just the show was at its best when it wasn't telling you exactly what was going on and let you draw conclusions.

No
Pseudointellectual bullshit. You can stop at any time.

It really wasn't anything special.

The anime reached the part in the manga where its constant action and fighting and plot lines. It was nice at first, but I was so used to the gag arcs that I really just watch it for the sake of watching scenes get animated. There are still gags and genuinely funny moments, but its not what it used to be.

Or in short: Its worth watching and you might like the newer direction more than before since its story focused.

I hate how blurry these shows look. Why can't they be sharp?

Flip Flappers is the best magical girl anime of the decade

Uhh I did explain it, it makes pretty liberal use of parallel worlds, interacting with peoples sub-conciousness, its all there from the start but I think you just don't get it. I'm really not trying to be nasty or anything.

very close

Definitely not a decade. Maybe a month or less.

if only meduko was a few years older than he would be right, but as it is, it's the best since mogoko

Fixed that for you.

As I said: Pseudo intellectual bullshit, stop at any time. The only thing you could possibly have explained is that any anime that uses "parallel worlds" and "people's subconsciousness" are instantly the greatest no matter how shit they tell that story. Which again is just retarded bullshit.

Oh boy. Things are starting to make some semblance of sense.

Just gonna keep insisting you give it a real try, I'm not going to ruin anything about the show because the fun is in the sense of adventure, the consequences of pure illusion, and what all the various factions want out of it. There's no deeper meaning behind it, it's just a bizarrely constructed story that's got a lot of interesting ramifications that are fun to think about, it's told in a visually compelling way and it's fun to figure out the motifs.

It's not deep, and I wasn't trying to say it was.

add cum

As I said: Pseudo intellectual bullshit, stop at any time.

really not trying to say I'm smarter than you or anything, I was even deliberately saying lets be friends, bud

This man has good taste

There's isn't any story but girls being girls with a dash of yuri. It tries to be 2deep but it ended up being 2derp. It's cute and nicely animated but that's all it got it going compared to other animes of that season.

I see you're too stupid to understand "Stop at any time."

So are you, because you're still posting.

it's pretty full on yuri brother, and the story is pretty obvious by the end man, it's all about fucking around in peoples brains, having full control of consciousnesses and how asclepius wants to use that for world domination, how flip flap exists to recover mimi for salt

Can defeat her with the D and turn her into a loving wife?

I heard it was the Dark Souls of anime, can anyone confirm this?

Just flying by to express how fucking hyped I am for more Symphogia next season. Goddamn I can't fucking wait.

That explains why everything looks so bad even by anime standards.
But another soulslike won't hurt, day 1 pirate.

After the third season it sure can't get any worse. They better get it right this time.

Kalinka looks pissed.

It's Namco Bandai, so expect Denuvo.