So you died

So Holla Forums, let's have a fun scenario here:

During your 500th hour of marathon gaming, you suffered a heart attack, and unfortunately died. Sorry to hear. BUT, don't fret! There's an afterlife, and the guy running the afterlife is chill as fuck. He recognizes your passion, and realizes it's a shit way to go. He gives you a fatherly talk, and then gives you the deal of a lifetime: you can pick six video game worlds, and that's your afterlife.

Here's the layout:
1. There's a central hub (let's call it heaven) where everyone who died can hang out.
2. There's 'your place' so to speak. It's like a house or whatever the hell you want it to be.
3. There's portals to the six video game worlds you chose to live in
4. Should you know anyone, you can visit their video game afterlife hubs

Onto to the good shit. Here's how this works:
-You don't have to pick a specific video game title. Just tell the big guy 'star fox' and he'll give you access to that universe. So there's no saying Ace Combat 5, you just say Ace Combat and that's that
-There are NPCs and shit like that in your little universes
-Should you chose the same world as other people, you can share it. Think of an online/offline mode/coop mode or whatever
-There's no limits when visiting your buddies worlds
-Your 'save data' will also be on your buddies hubs, so it's kind of like you already have it. You just have to go to THEIR hub
-Should you chose to stay a few 'days' in your game world, you can. No need to go back to your 'home'
-Fuck graphics, you get real life graphics. No 8 bit pixel shit (unless you really like that.) No bugs either. Any limitations the real game had, your afterlife won't
-yes mods
-don't worry about your own physical limitations. You're dead, after all

Have a good afterlife! Remember, eternity is a long time. Hell, maybe if you're lucky, the afterlife's version of god will make centralized video game hubs everyone and anyone can go to!

My six:
Ace Combat (fills my need for jets)
Mech Warrior (fills my need for stompy robots)
STALKER (this one should be obvious)
Warhammer 40,000 game titles (this feels my need for spess mehrins)
Dynasty Warriors (fills my need for hack and slash combat)
FUEL (I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who enjoyed this game. It's open world, it's got some great spots, and it's got cars baby!)

For me, number six was hard. I needed something with cars, but at the same time, I wanted something open world and exploratory as well. Maybe just something chill and laid back. I can guarantee there would be people with GTA as their choice, so I'll just borrow theirs. That'll fill my need for real world cars. I finally settled on FUEL because it's my idea of gear head heaven.

bonus points: leave your reason why. We'll all be curious about your afterlife, I'm sure

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=112541
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pfft, that's all? That's less than a month. Casuals
Sorry, I'm not a meatcuck.
An afterlife is only something that looks good on paper. An eternal existence would drive anyone mad unless you completely forfeit your very humanity.

Check my dubs gun.

Fuck that shit. I'm looking forwards to the complete cessation of consciousness and the absence of everything that will come with it. Why would you want to live forever?
Our own physical limitations are all we are. Everything you enjoy, all of your favorite scents, tastes, etc are just chemical reactions in your brain. You can't separate "you" from your body, unless you think an afterlife would feature a perfect functioning copy of your biological brain somehow existing outside meatspace.

Lots of effort for a "what video game world do you want to live in" thread that we've had millions of times. Shouldn't have bothered because the thread will still be exactly the same as all those others.

that sounds like im on a Zero Escape game

When you suffer brain death your spirit disconnects with your brain and the spirit goes back to spiritual plane. Depending on your choices in the material plane your spirit either levels up or down. If you stay the same level you connect with another material being of the same species. If you leveled down you connect with a lower being, i.e less intelligent - animals etc, and if you leveled up you connect with a higher being, i.e more intelligent - aliens etc. If you level down too much you get reduced to being stuck in spiritual form - i.e a daemon. If you level up enough you become a multi dimensional being, i.e - a "god".

THE BLACK PILL

Six games, you say?

I'm only missing a good sci-fi spess game where I can visit other planets and stuff like that.

This is what happens when you live like a rabbit or something.

Man, I've had a hankering for this sort of thing forever. I really hope that's what the afterlife ends up like. Hell, I'd settle on a fucking Star Trek style holodeck.

Anyway, to answer your question, I have no real immediate idea. There's very few video game universes that really captured my so-to-speak 'heart'.
I want to say the old Bionicle Chronicler games from back in the day. I really loved just running around, exploring the island. But at the same time, the universe got shit, and doesn't actually have all that much outside of the robotpeople.

Elite Dangerous might be a good choice, given how much I play that space-trucker sim, but the problem there is more around that I don't actually like the ships or the style of the universe all that much. It's a fairly dull place, but I just want to fly muh space ships all day.

Halo is worth mentioning, since I love me dat Halo lore. Video game wise, it was fairly dull, but you still were able to catch snippits from it. Really, though, I just want to fight with that first CE-style marines, and later ODST stuff.

I need a fantasy, so I'm inclined to stick in TES, even though I don't really like the world that much. Still, very few fantasy things hit my needs. That need mostly being rampant xenophilia.
Makes me wish I could just say any tabletop lot, really. They get that shit down pat. Plus, I rather want to train a crew of kobold guerillas.

STALKER, because if I am going to get a more modern-style universe, I might as well get one that lets me explore a sweet-ass wasteland as well. If I want to fight in Africa or Afghanistan, I can always literally walk to Africa or Afghanistan. They exist in the same universe, I'm fairly certain.

No idea beyond those, OP. I'd need time to think. That, and explore the worlds some. No reason to invest in, say, a base builder game, if I can take a lot like Halo or TES and stick together a base, so to speak. And since I know at least Halo has cannonical cars, they'd have to have racetracks somewhere, so if I wanted a racing game I could just go there.
Come to think of it, if I want a space trucker game, I could probably use that, too.

Fuck, now that I think of it, there's a lot of Star Trek games, so I could probably stick that in. That actually fills need in fantasy shit as well, since I can just drop in there and become a merc.
I wonder how much of a lawyer I can be about this stuff. Can I say a "Dr Who" game, for instance, so as to be able to fill all my needs with my own timebox that takes me to any historical battle I want, any planet space stuff I want, and so on? Most the games were astoundingly shit, but if we can stretch it to the cannon of the universe itself… Well, then that one's a bit broken, ain't it?

Done. I'll take it.

Traveling around a world full of cute monsters, building teams, taking on gyms or contests or tournaments or whatever the fuck I want sounds great
I'd get to build a collection of giant robots, and fight other giant robots
I don't think there's anything I can't do here simply due to modding
>Monster Girl Quest
I am a degenerate
Fuck you GW I will be the guardsmen game I've always wanted
Go fight titty ninjas bonus points if I get to be a titty ninja too

S4 League.
That's all.
When i die i want to play S4 League forever because playing S4 League never bored me in my life. Of course i want to play in a not fucked up version of S4 League without p2w and unbalanced shit. I'll ask the big guy to remove useless content even. I want to find some of my old friend who chose S4 League too and play with them. I want to feel the adrenaline down to my spine when rushing through the enemy base with fumbi in my hand. I want to know how it feels to be healed and spam q4 to show my gratitude. It's fine if no one else plays it too, i can just create a room by myself and walk around the maps looking for easter eggs. That's what i'm still doing anyway. It is the only game i sacrificed many and didn't regret anything. This is my ideal heaven.

I pick all Senran Kangaroo games.

Hi is this the dubs thread?

I don't think so

Tell me OP when you transcend this phase and start writing light novels where the protagonist dies and reincarnate into a hot spring and girls go in him.

This shit needs to stop. Nearly every new manga released is with the similar plot line.
Maybe the only one that doesn't fit the OP part is konosuba but that's a gag anime.

I await the time when these plots will finally transcend to the next level of existence and revive the otaku as an anime girl. YS had already taken the first step with nazi loli, and I can't wait for more

You sound like you might appreciate Konosuba

Can you choose a specific title if you want to? Say I want Mass Effect 1. Can I restrict it to that, none of the cancer from later games, and no "Reapers magically arrive anyway and Sovereign was unnecessary"? Because ME1's problems were basically all gameplay, which isn't relevant in this case, while the later games were fucked in many other ways that would matter here.

Except he doesn't confess to a girl for fucking nine volumes and then pretends it never happened the next morning.
Things he did INSTEAD of confessing:

We'll, konosuba focus is on comedy. Romance with any of the females is a very bad deal since each one of them have brain damage. As for what you're looking for:
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=112541
But I find it the same cliche 'OP character that looks weak'. Maybe Dungeon Meshi which is actually good but it's turning into a literal cook book.

Asshole

Just doing my job

fug

Unfortunately, I'm immortal.

Doing your job my ass.

well part of my love of video games is seeing new things. what are some games that always have something new? something heavily moddable like minecraft?
i know someone made an atari emulator using command blocks in that, so i imagine without limitations it would be capable of much more.

Please
I have kids to feed

The good news is that from what he said it sounds like trash.

Only because I was deliberately trying to make it sound like trash. It's actually a fun read.

Isnt this something that better fits in /tg/?

God damn, they need to be killed off, like halo was.

All this people shitting on the thread. Boring all of you. Just boring.

Funny I just finished ReZero and more I watched it more I wanted to say sorry to Shinji for considering him a cunt.

I liked how superpowers thread on /2hu/ lasted 2 years but it is not really as fun.

>>>/tg/
>>>/fur/

Sounds like the worst case scenario to me.

Who's shinji?

so you can play real unreal tournament with your bros your saying?

I need to get around to watching that one. I don't really know much about it outside hate I've seen for the protag, praise for Rem, and the fact that after vid related he rejects her for a different girl.

What the FUCK.

what's with the look on his face in this

Because he loves different girl and that girl speaking to him is actually a demon.

Let;s see who got it

He just went through several loops where he gets killed in horrible ways as everything goes to shit around him. He broke at some point and this is where he starts to get better, this very scene. And then the one that lets him start recovering, Rem, he shits all over her and goes "lol nah I still love the person that pretty much still doesn't even know I exist and finds me a complete idiot, and basically fucked me over so hard socially i can never show my face here again"

It's literally the most infuriating moment of any anime I have ever watched, and I don't think anyone would disagree after they've watched the entire anime. The rest of Re:Zero is pretty great though.

M-my fucking heart

JUST DO IT

that's some shit

Shit protag. Deserves eternal suffering in a timeloop.

My choices are based purely on lore and the "cool" factor of the universe. And how nice of a place it would be to live.
This is assuming that we're talking about the expanded lore of these places, and not just from where we visit in game. As if they were they own actual universes.

they were their own*

Post a pic of the other grill.

Fucking 2D better than 3D all the goddamn time

On the left there is his original artwork.
On the right is how I imagine him after ReZero.

Entire premise is about guy dying and turning back time few days allowing him to properly fix stuff. I want to to see game of it. Where you have to learn stuff before you die and make decisions based on them next time you load checkpoint. It would be VN that I would actually call a game.
It would actually be fucking fantastic to see this instead of all SAO games as long as it will provide you with enough options.

Now after you imagine this as a game. Imagine watching any game being played by a retard. You shout him all the options he can do but he doesn't do any of this. Game is best game you played in past 3 years but it must be played by a retard.
This is ReZero. Go watch Ajin if you want interesting superpowers connected to dying or Steins;Gate if you want time travel.

BTW what doesn't help is this scene is like 15 minutes long in total and only memorable and fully properly animated one in the series. There is no surprise to it because he was going for that other chick for entire series and it is near the end so it has to end with him growing some balls finally.
This webm being taken out of context makes it much better than it is in actual anime.

Easy:
>Honey Select

Sad to say, I'm a sucker for the concept of fantasy world reincarnation.

H-huh… interesting. I'm. It sure if I should be mad at the reincarnation shit or happy about the sudden mom interjection.

Fucking caffeine.

I do like those too, but it's now saturated with "edgy faggot already op as fuck for some reason kills a whole group of thugs and gets 3 waifus in the first episode" shit. When I see this kind of manga, I expect him to start at lvl 1, then work his way up, not fucking greet the first army with a meteor shower at the start and then cap his level before even starting his adventure.

I'm not a fan of fantasy blah blah blah neet loser goes and beceomes a hero but that thing is too silly and I love it

Best girl in any series. God bless 2D.

Why did re:zero change your opinion of Shinji?

Having the MC be completely OP can work if done right too. Overlord is still enjoyable even though the Ainz is literally the most powerful being on the planet and can one-shot everything except his allies.
What doesn't work is making a series like that and still trying to rely on tension and drama, instead of taking a comedic route.

Good.

Fuck off. I'm dead and finally free of your faggotry.

Monster Girl Quest
Touhou
Etrian Odyssey
Kirby
Legend of Heroes
Ys
I just want to forever go on adventures with friends and be comfy.

Already happened.

There is no problem in the genre but it is most usually so shit. There were good ones like Overlord, Konosuba or No Game No Life but all of them doesn't have premise or fails at it.
Like ReZero. It has interesting premise but fucks it up. Compare it to Ajin, it is all about abusing being immortal to a fullest. At one point guy uses his immortality to suicide a plane into a building.
ReZero forgets protag even has his power for half of the series.

I like jap games and stuff because it has some originality in it and 80% of this genre fails immediately.

Both of them are about people with very weak mental states.
Shinji goes through some phases. During it he makes small steps end progresses through the series, while also encountering more problems and having his ups and downs. When ending comes with plan to wreck him they fail and he still decided life is worth living and he shouldn't give up.
Meanwhile Subaru is mental wreck or a retard for 20 episodes and regular "I cannot do shit but I help" type of guy for last 5.

Comparing these two is like comparing Nero to Donte. One is not Dante and pretty boring and annoying. Second one is straight up idiot asshole with no redeeming features.

Re:zero is trying for a weakling protag approach which would drive most of us into a corner. He's supposed to be a NEET too anyways if I remember. I liked it till it got all political. Maybe it's better in the novel but fuck reading translations.

ELDER SCROLLS UNIVERSE
TAMRIEL
THIRD ERA
COME ON, GET CORPRUS, GET /FIT/! ONE POINT OF STRENGTH PER 24 HOURS! JOIN HOUSE DAGOTH NOW AND YOU'LL BE THE BUFFEST DUNMER WEST OF PORT TELVANNIS IN NO TIME! CHICKS WILL LOVE YOU, GUARDS WILL RESPECT AND FEAR YOU!*

*Common side effects include night terror, irritability, depersonalization and derealization. N'wah and mongrel dogs of the Empire need not apply.

It's always a masterpiece of a title that wins.

If mods are allowed can you just mod one universe to be anything you wanted, to the point your original six are really just presets?

undertale :^)

Sounds fun.

Drakengard 1-3 and Both Niers
I like to suffer.

You must like life.

GTA is always the best world to be in
That's assuming you don't want to be in a fantasy world of course, there's always h-games with some good degenerate stuff.