The failure of Sonic Team

Ya know, I'm sick of this. Every year its the same song and dance which leads to Sonic fanboys complaining about which "style" is the one true sonic.

I have a better solution #FireSonicTeam

It isn't the style, it isn't Sega, it's Sonic Team who can't make good games. And even when the do by accident make something passable (Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations) they fucking ruin it by shoving the same shit down our throats (Wisps are here to stay, the recycling of Classic Sonic in Forces).

It's Sonic Team's fault and it's about time somebody say it. Look at Freedom Planet, look at Sonic Mania, look at Cloudbuilt. Its not that Sonic Team makes bad sonic games, it's that they make BAD GAMES.

#FireSonicTeam

And hope the franchise ends up in the hands of a competent dev.

You're a fucking idiot. Go away

This Sonic cycle bullshit hasn't even been true for 10 years

Also

God, retards like you sicken me.

#FireOP
#HeSucksCocks

All a Sonic game actually needs to do is nail the music and the art direction. Gameplay was always so-so and is a secondary concern as long as it isn't outright shit. Colours played nothing like classic Sonic, but it looked great, sounded great, and played well enough, and it was the first 3D Sonic game that pretty much everyone could agree was good,

NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?
NEW MEME?

Retwatted.

leave

Sonic team's best games aren't even sonic games

This thread is niggers.

#FirePatrickBateman

Fire the People who made the Adventure games?
Wow OP, that is SUCH a GREAT IDEA!

You don't belong here, faggot.

Looks like you triggered the Sonic apologists. Good job OP.

Why did sonic drive a car in sonic team racing?
Why didn't he just outrun them on foot?

how about we give Sonic to Hiroyuki Sakamoto

Literally who. He looks like he would wanna poz me.

Let's turn this thread into a Sonic general. Is Knuckles Chaotix actually worth playing? What are some romhacks for the genesis games that you recommend?

kys fam

There's one where you play as Knuckles searching for the shards of the master emerald in the same vein as SA2. I don't remember what it was called, but it was fun.

I heard sonic heroe is like sonic adventure 2 but without the gay shit

He makes Yakuza, you underaged subhuman.

Upvoted.

Can't say I'm too familiar with sonic, but if what you claim is true, then why do we have threads hoping that Sonic Mania will actually be good ?

Yapozza

kill yourself

Because it would be too easy, so they put him in a car to make it fair for everyone else.

Sonic Heroes was a huge mess. You have to constantly swap between three characters with vastly different movesets, and it's easy to lose track of who you are at any given moment, especially because sometimes the game swaps them on its own. So you make the wrong move and fall to your death. Oh, and there's that, the level design is all about abysses. That damn game is where the "Sonic cycle" began.

Sonic Heroes was great.
Fuck off hater!

This "pozzed" shit needs to stop fucking newfaggotry is out of control around 6 months ago I didn't even see people using this word once suddenly now there's like 10 people or so on this board that use this shit constantly trying to push it, I really hate the gays. Also shit thread.

Sonic games sucked shit in the 00s by trying new retarded shit, now they're desperately trying to replicate the "golden age" and they are passable at best. People at least somewhat praised Generations, and that was only becase it was wholly built on nostalgia.
You'll probably accuse me of regurgitating that video that has been floating around for a while but maybe consider that Sonic has never been that gold or anything. Yes, the Genesis games were solid and enjoyable but they're not like masterpieces if they're endlessly tried to be replicated and still fail anyway. Compare it to Mario whose games are considered groundbreaking and remain good to this day, and even his most contested entries like Sunshine aren't considered outright awful. It makes sense anyway considered that Mario became a mascot BECAUSE he got famous, while Sonic was conceived in a test tube by a bunch of suits trying to create the perfect mascot appealing to what's cool for kids at the time. People who don't give a shit about video games flocked to buy NSMB for DS and the Wii while Sonic festers in autism.

Not the worst idea.

Because it's going to be good. Sonic has been good again since Colours.

Luigi, Rosalina, and the Koopalings could pass as Sonic characters for the autism they make.

I don't see it.

Since when sonic cares about fairness?

You've clearly never seen one of their fans in action.

I know Mario autists exist but you're comparing a dumpster fire to a burning forest.

You can thank underage faggots and leftycucks that are so upset at what they are called they use that argument for EVERYTHING trying to ebb the word away. Don't fall for such simple bullshit. Call them out and call it a day.

Nobody can agree on what makes Sonic good. There are fags who hate the 2D games and fags who hate the 3D games. Unless someone can come forth and make a case for what Sonic is meant to be at its core, then I think it's doomed to fail eventually. It's just a matter of time. If it were any other franchise, it'd have already been dead by now. The fanbase is one of those peculiar cases that is comprised by children that likely don't even know what constitutes a good video game and actual adults that are too autistic to have the perspective to look beyond their own subjective preferences and really think about the game's fundamentals.

I say, give sanic a rest already.

What if 2d games focused on 2d platforming and going fast while the 3d focus on 3d platforming and going fast with a dash of Sentai tier silliness and more college rock?

I'm not going to even pity you for being shit at sonic games like all the 2007 era hipsters that hopped into gaming with the big bazinga theory.
Get out.

Every fucking time.

Great music, great visuals, and pinball physics.

I don't know. Every time I try to think about certain aspects of either style of game, I end up even more confused than before. For example, what's the point of rings anymore? During the 2D era, Sonic was effectively dead if he took any amount of damage while he had no rings, but a single ring was just as effective at preventing death as 100. If you change this system to something like a health bar, then people are going to bitch about that change because it's not "true to the original". If you keep it the same, then you're working with a garbage mechanic that has no true value. In the 2D games, rings act as fuel for your super form, and I guess that adds to gameplay, but the super transformation is typically an end game skill that is only used for a gimmick boss fight. During the fight, the rings have a purpose, you usually need to collect them while dodging projectiles that will knock you back to the end of the screen and prevent you from attacking the boss. They function so that you can continue the fight and ultimately kill the threat. Outside of the gimmick fight, they're just mostly pointless collectibles, and the super form is just an ability that grants temporary invincibility. If you give rings a purpose, like allow them to act as fuel for special attacks that Sonic's various shield might have, then people are going to bitch about that, too.

No matter what you try and change, someone is going to bitch, but something needs to change, otherwise Sonic is going to die. I think the fans are the bigger problem, because Sega has at least tried to make various changes to Sonic's gameplay over the years. It's mostly been garbage, but they're trying, and they've managed to make a few good games here and there. The fans are the idiots who can't come together and discuss these things in such a way that will allow actual conclusions about the series to be made, which can then be communicated to Sega, in the hopes that they actually fucking listen to good ideas.

If Sonic dies, the fans are just as much to blame as the incompetent devs that have mistreated the series all these years.

Simple, build bosses and levels knowing about the one ring trick. You can fumble through a level that way but the time and ring count will reflect that. At most, reward the player for faster clear speed or more rings. The older games fixed that by locking the true ending and bonus stages away by a ring count.

It's as I said, maybe the original 2D formula was never that great in the first place if even the endless attempts to replicate it fail.

agreed 100%.

But the 2D Sonic games have developed by DIMPS for like 10 years and they still suck.

Oh fuck off with that "muh change" bullshit. Main reason for majority of sonic games sucking goes from "reinventing bicycle" shit. Also

Yeah completely ignore tremendous increase in movement speed and jump height that allowed you to go through the most of the levels in the matter of seconds. Saying that super form is only useful during boss fights is the most bullshit things that I've heard.

Fuck you too, Genesis ones, are the ones that are actually good.

if you say so

Colors didn't even play like a Sonic game, had poor aesthetics and music, awful humor, and had meme wagglin'. It was trash through and through missing key mechanics like momentum, timed exploration of stages, and a lack of gimmicks.

#FIXSONICSARMSIMMEDIATELYSEGA

Okay here's a list of what made Sonic the Hedgehog 1/2/3/3&K good:

3d games droped their balls in aesthetics/gameplay/level design/boss battles so go figure when series gone wrong.

To be fair Colors writing, including humor, is pretty trash. Also not a big fan of boost formula ether.

A Sonic game doesn't necessarily have to play like a Sonic game. It just has to play good, or at least passably decent.

Here's how I envision a 3D Sonic game that actually captures the feel of 2D Sonic.
Holding down a shoulder button drops you into ball form, and while in ball form you behave like an actual ball. Think Super Monkey Ball or the morph ball from Metroid Prime. You can control your movement to a degree, but you're subject to physics. If you're on a slope, you roll down it. If you drop into ball from running speed, you continue to roll forward. Levels are designed like skate parks with lots of ramps and slopes to take advantage of this.
Could it work?

Personally, what really made 3&K for me was that it kind of felt like a sandbox platformer with super/hyper forms. I played Zone 6 Act 1 recently and discovered a part of the level I never knew about despite having played the game over and over again in 20 years. I really love the level design and how playing in hyper form is a really comfy way to explore the levels. It really tickles my hippocampus to find stuff I'd overlooked in all my years of replaying the game.

Played SA & 2, the level designs weren't impressive.

Classic Sonic Heroes is pretty good, it combines Sonic 1&2 and adds more playable characters

You heard wrong, Sonic Heroes is trash

I agree, what really made sonic cool are different routes on all levels, and lots of secrets. Not every platformer has exploration made this way.
Game rewards players who don't just go forward, but try to get somewhere else.

also Jun Senoue is superior

I miss when Sanic was an Anime and not a Saturday Cartoon.

No. Sonic Heroes is terrible, I know since I replayed it recently.

I thought colors was decent. Humor/writing was what I've some to expect from a sonic game. Some of the loud speaker announcements gave me a chuckle. It was a better game then unleashed and black knight.

Have you actually played Sonic Colors? You know the game has support for at least for more than two control schemes like gamecube and classic controller support.

The only issue I had with the game are that bosses are too easy and some of the levels with the moving bounce thing were tedious.

Sonic Heros has good ideas, but the ice controls and level design kinda make it not that fun compared to Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. Not the worst Sonic game, but just play Colors, Generations, Adventure 1 & 2, or even Unleashed instead.

OP is a not just a faggot, but rather a huge faggot due to the hashtag bullshit.

Sonic is actually a nice guy, thats why and he likes to have challenge.

The other reason is because its a game.

I haven't played a single 3D Sonic in my life.
Are these even good at all?

Nigga that shit wasn't even relevant since 06.

They are fun, however they are not perfect games and some parts of it are either tedious or really awesome with no in between.

Start with Sonic Adventure 1 PC Version with all the fixes or play the dreamcast version. This game isn't perfect, but don't believe the meme that Sonic Adventure 1 is really buggy or gitches out often.

Then either play Sonic Adventure 2, Colors, or Unleashed, then after that play Generations.

Sonic Heros and Lost World are playable, but have some definite flaws with mostly the level design and in the case of Heros icy controls.

Skip Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 2006, unless you want to play with pain

OP is right, they need to fire Sonic team. Iizuka hasn't had a good idea, or a good game since SA2. Personally I think Traveller's Tales would make a better Sonic Game at this point.

Ignoramus

What was the deal with 6th gen Sega experimenting so much with ball physics but never putting them to work in a Sonic game?

Thing is, they're not using Dimps for Mania now, and afterward I highly doubt they're go back to using them because everyone is going to eat it up.

Can you explain what exactly was wrong with the humor?

Because those threads are being posted by edgy faggots who haven't actually played any game in the series since SA2 and just automatically assume that all of the games after that are as bad as 06.

Most people who've actually played the games know Sonic hasn't been bad since colors. I would argue that Sonic hasn't even been bad since Unleashed and that the only two truly bad games he's had in the past 11 years have been 06 and Boom.

Seems like also the most of the edgy posting about Sonic was due to the string of bad sonic games from 2005 til 2007 and from reddit due to the game grumps play though of Sonic Adventure, which Arin purposely played the game bad due to he really hates Sonic, which then cause edgy kids and reddit to spread the 3d Sonic is bad memes.

Also due to game journalist really having a hater boner for Sonic. .

Sonic autist, fuck off.

Speaking of Sonic, I was looking at a list of must play DS games and this was on there so I went ahead and ordered it. I played it today and I gotta say, I'm surprised how good it is. Even the older sonic games on the Genesis feel a tad mediocre but this one managed to just nail fun gameplay right on the head. I wonder why they can't produce more like it.

also, Blaze is a qt. Never thought I'd say that about a Sonic character.

THIS
The only good sonic games were the mega drive ones, after those the series became Teletubbies-tier autistic garbage.

Fuck off back to reddit you retarded aspie.

kiss my ass

The only downside of its sequel was fucking marine.

I'm seriously stoked for Sonic Mania. And no shit Sonic Team is incompetent. They pushed out this disappointment despite it being literally one of the easiest games to succeed. Literally all they had to do was push out something that played exactly like the Saturn one with new music, graphics, and levels, and it would have cost almost nothing to make and would at least have turned a profit. How do you fuck this up? It's like fucking up Tetris.

Sonic as a series has never been THAT BAD. Sure allot of questionable things have been done with the series,(example Shadow the game) but IMO the only truly bad Sonic games I have played (and I'v played almost all of them over the years) were 06 because it was horribly unfinished. Secret rings and Lost world Legitimately sucked. I haven't played Sonic and the black Knight so I can't speak for it. I haven't played the Sonic Boom games but I'm pretty sure those were shit. Sonic 4 episode 1 was meh, but not shit, episode 2 was better. I wasn't a fan of Unleashed but plenty of people liked the Day time stages.

The rest of the Sonic series is fine if it's too your taste.

Rush games were surprisingly good.

Oh year Sonic Chronicles the dark brotherhood was shit and Sonic Free riders was shit.

Funny you mention shadow just emulated it today, still fun.

TOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD

Shadow had a lot of cool ideas, with some more polish, and the edge turned down a little, it could have been something.

Lost World was ok but not shit. Not the best game every but it is enjoyable to play

It'd be fine if it played up the edge even more

I put 06 slightly above lost world tbh, at least 06 had hubworlds, missions and 3 playable characters. Not to mention I absolutely hated the running style in Lost World and the homibg attack was shit too

Is sonic trying to check digits

I wish they refined lost world and made a sequel or integrated the parkour system. Into future games

ayy

There I fixed your fucking pic

Is that Jihadi John

Lost world may objectively be a better game then 06, since it's not unfinished, but I had least amount of fun playing Lost world out of any Sonic game. It was bland and unchallenging.

where's the last line nigga