Planetside 2

Dogpile on TR edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/SDpwFshD
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-update-04-18.245553/
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pc-hotfix-5-11.245792/#post-3460325
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As someone that is pretty new. What are the main differences between the factions? Why does it seem there is so little content in the game despite it's age?

leave bye

that's because the game is indeed lacking in all regards but as to your question

Basically the TR are space fascists, very reminiscent of Starship Troopers. NC are lolbertarian fuckheads that were originaly Matt Higby's baby and OP as fuck but got demoted to second bananas when a series of special snowflakes at Daybreak then SOE decided they liked the Vanu genderqueer xenolovers more and took their bullet-drop free lasers and gave them equatable DPS at range to close-range NC guns. TR, of course, have absolute peashooter garbage but still dominates because all of the worthwhile human beings want to be space fascists.

If you want to win you might as well pick VS because they have the best stuff in the game.
NC is alright but their LMGs and carbines suck up close.
TR is probably the worst in terms of equipment but their players are all autists with 6000 hours in the game and have BR 143 accounts, same with Vanu.

VS - Moderate damage, high accuracy, moderate RPM, fast reload, low magazine size, low recoil, no bullet drop, no damage falloff, sometimes their weapons get a heat mechanic instead of ammo. As well as splash damage.
NC - High damage, high starting accuracy with high bloom, low magazine size, low RPM, moderate reloads, high vertical recoil
TR - Low damage, medium starting accuracy with medium bloom, high magazine size, high RPM, slow af reloads, high horizontal recoil
TR - Low health, fastest forward speed without afterburner, smaller profile, highest damage potential but lowest damage per shot (2-round burst). Fastest reload (will soon be nerfed to slowest reload) Special ability is lockdown, which boosts reload speed and shell velocity but locks you in place.
NC - High health, slow, longer profile, highest damage per shot and shell velocity. Moderate reload. Special ability is a shield that negates damage.
VS - Low health, "slow", wider profile, moderate damage per shot, low shell velocity, slowest reload (soon to be buffed to fastest reload). The catch is that its main gun is always facing forward (strongest armor), and it's a hovertank that can strafe and get to places vehicles should not be. Special ability is an afterburner that increases maneuverability even more.
NC - Best hover, lowest cruise speed but highest afterburn speed, wide profile
TR - Highest cruise speed, shallow profile
VS - Highest maneuverability, thin profile

What were the differences between Planetside 1 and Planetside 2, out of curiosity.

That is a blatant lie. The only OP thing which NC ever had was the one shot Phoenix rocket launcher but that got fixed after two days. Meanwhile TR had their incredible broken fractures, pounders and vulcans for months. And i don´t even want to talk about the Zoe max units from the vanus. I still have ptsd from those days.

Okay who's behind this one? Is it just a joke on the favoritism?

Run. I'm not kidding, and this isn't a newfag thing. Run from this grindy clusterfuck of a game.

I'm afraid it's very real.

That's a really big question. I find it's best to try to sum it up by saying that PS1 was an MMO where the focus was on the MMO with lots of different types of activities available to the player, and combat was just one of them. It was also more of a sandbox because continents were hooked up through warp gates, and almost all activities were driven by players, with minimal automation beyond cavern and Battle Island timers.

PS2 focuses entirely on the combat, and SOE/DBG have been racing to catch up to fill in player activities. The continents rotating, the VP system, and alerts mean that players contribute a lot less to the game world. Alerts direct people to play in certain places at regular intervals, and people are led by the nose by the XP gain, especially if it's an Indar alert. The game is also more hand-holdy because you can't get kicked off a continent unless the continent gets locked, so you're always able to fight from your warp gate. The lack of connected continents mean there's no "meta game," though VPs help a bit with the meta game because they allow continents to change hands with even just a few players doing things. Taking a continent in PS1 required herculean effort. In PS2 it's just whatever. It'll unlock soon anyway.

As someone who has played on and off again for ages, I consider this game fun in short bursts if you have no >friends, and longer if you can find anons willing to suffer for a few hours.

Still, if anything, the real fun is trying to go solo and try to one man army forgotten hexes until the enemy realizes that over 1/5th of the entire map has went from their color to yours. Especially fun when it dawns on them, and by then your faction already is setting up camp to keep shit going. But such requires you being able to sneeki beeki into their terminals without being caught…and lasting 4-10 minutes in each area to capture a hex without getting dakka'd to death because an infiltrator, heavy or MAX just so happened to turn the corner and found you with your thumb up your ass watching the counter go down.

Those 'Wrel here, we're nerfing TR so far into the ground you went past China 30 updates ago and buffing VS with 10 times the velocity TR is getting nerfed' jokes are based in reality.

Thanks for the info.

I bought an archer
it's a fun gun

Also losing a home continent meant the capturing empire could spawn your tech for a week I think. You did NOT want that to happen. Continents meant a lot more in PS1z

Fampaidesu here, why the fuck did I get kicked?

Outfits are still fucked up because Daybreak decided to update a weapon's stats. Holy fuck I just realized they're just as incompetent as From Software is.

96v96, armor vs armor with no infantry and only getting 20 fps
one sunderer attacking 30/70 pop
only one fight, spawncamp.

Every friday night fight is shit. Esamir had no players and absurd NC overpop.

mattocks

There really arent any. Most TR LMGs should sound like MG42s, and…..nah fuck it.

I aint explaining this shit.

Terran Republic and New Conglomerate Allies forever

There's plenty of differences. Like how TR shoot fast but deal no damage. And how NC shoot big bullets but are slow. And how VS can shoot you from Earth and not have to adjust for movement.

i just started playing again after a couple of years. past few days were good but tonight is an utter clusterfuck, no good squads and just mindless zerging and too many asians

here sempai.
pastebin.com/raw/SDpwFshD

seriously weigh the decision of what faction to play. PS2 is on and off for us so don't feel compelled to play TR just for wwew.
one other note on vehicle weapons: most vets run the Halberd because it's extremely versatile while remaining effective so keep that in mind.

Guys, please spawn on spawn beacons more, you treat them like VS treats LA/Medic/Engie.

I hope you realize you're going to have to rewrite all of this once the combined arms is getting shat out.

Vanu:
Pros
Cons

NC:
Pros

TR:
Pros
Cons

Thats what happens when you let reddit in

I thought PS2 died?

>What the hell you fucking redditors why would you say all of this >>>/gaschamber/ saged/reported/called the cops

A good rundown of PS2.

I told you this last time, but if you want a good OP make it yourself.

VS is technically the best faction. If you're a gay dicksucker. But, mechanically, they're the best. It sucks, I know.

The OP covers everything that it needs to cover. Maybe when memeralders stop being burned out they'll post real OPs again.

what a video game

You think that's good? Man, I can't even get past the first fucking boss! The game just crashes at the first fucking loading screen! Wow.. What a bossfight! This game really is amazing. Right, anons?

Consider yourself lucky. It's shit.

That shit was fucking hilarious.

tranu, not even once

Any of muh fams wanna do a bit of Planetside 1 deathmatch?

Why don't you go ask them?

Maybe it's because the people in the outfit who would shit on VS stopped posting in the thread and all that's left is the remnants of Reddit who are here because HW kept shilling the site and the ones from Reddit who tried to infiltrate the outfit.

What're they doing to the Vanguard

Source on tank buffs and nerfs?

Did you not read the Combined Arms write up they did and the past few PTS updates?

No.

Nope, I don't even play anymore. I just want to enjoy some cheap schadenfreude

vanguard shield now reduces a % of damage like heavy resist shield, except it's also directional so it mostly works just from the front, but it's also shit so a prowler can just dps straight through from the front and win the 1v1

Oh great, nerf the worst tank and the only good thing about it.

You mean best people.

The only thing you really got absolutely right about Vanu is the Scythe. Even after all the nerfs, its still a joy to fly.

Wrel didnt make Vanu OP, basic implications of mechanics did. Like, even if Vanu SMGs only did half dmg at 50m and none at 100m, Assault Rifles 100m/200m and Vanu LMGs started the drop off at 150m and 25% dmg at 250m, welll…think about.

With the extra accuracy and stability, Vanu can and do put far more rounds on the head per mag than other factions by default.

So effective DPS of good Vanu players like Dakrelfdruid lol, is through the roof.

I will say this. The game has, in general, been going in the wrong direction basically since Beta, and TR needs a buff.

All tanks are getting an HP buff, and HA rockets are getting a reload and total round buff. Prowlers are now getting the worst reload speed, Magriders are getting the best reload speed, and Vanguards are getting 1000 more HP than the others, but their shield now hardly does anything.

But they're the weakest faction! Ignore the fact that a gun being able to put 15 rounds in the same hole will do more damage than someone able to magdump in 10 seconds where most rounds miss or hit the legs which deals less damage.

Literally 2 shells from a Prowler or however much from a Maggie.
It's like the devs hate TR and NC and love Vanu or something.

You reminded me that all tank weapons are getting a nerf as well.

So, how many shells would you need to kill now? This sounds like you would need a full minute of shooting to kill a tank now.

Never mind, the weapons are now all becoming AP on top of the bonus they get from whatever type they have. forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-update-04-18.245553/

I forgot about this, but is this going to be changed? It's super retarded how this works.

Probably not because of how retarded Daybreak is.

The Prowler already has the weakest damage. Last I checked a Prowler's fucked if it lands one out of two shells per load as opposed to both. This basically means that unless a Prowler's doing drivebys, the driver and gunner are fucked. Unfortunately the continents are designed and mapped in a way that you can't do anything other than traffic jam combat or artillery shit with Prowlers.

This shit is why Planetside should've just been TR vs NC only from the beginning.

Good point. I wish I could play Planetside 1, I only got a taste of it with PlanetSide Forever.

This. 3 way fights always result in the loss of the attacker in a serious push because of being fucked from 2 fronts.

But you see, because the Prowler has two shells, you're still able to deal partial damage! Ignore the fact that it doesn't do much of anything, it's still more OP than the high damage Vanguard and the Magrider that can literally ignore all geometry and always has the highest % reduction in a head on fight! Why aren't we playing a better game again?

It's not just that there are issues with three sides fighting, there's just also the people who are typically wont to play factions like the Vanu. If Planetside had like 100 factions that weren't anything like the Vanu's playerbase, we wouldn't be having as big a problem.

The fact that percentage-based damage reduction exists means a lot more when it comes to dealing shit damage. The smart thing to balance things is to have a weapon that either shoots or reloads really, really fast but deals shit damage, or the opposite, which deals a shitload of damage but takes longer to reload. Alternatively you give a weapon a huge magazine size, but a longer reload timer, or tiny magazine sizes but short reload timers. The Prowler has exactly one additional shell per load, and is going to get the longest load time on top of having the lowest damage per shell, which is compounded further by percentages.

The Prowler better get gigantic explosion radiuses or an extreme lockdown buff to compensate. They've still yet to make Prowler not handle like a narcoleptic snail climbing a pillar of tar at a 90 degree on any upwards incline, nor have they made it actually move, turn, or accelerate faster than the other tanks. I recall there being fights on Indar that were forgone simply because the Magriders can reach places Prowlers cannot, and aim lower than Prowlers can thanks to their lower profile guns and angles.

I fully expect them to nerf lockdown once they fully roll out the changes, which means reloads will take even longer.

I don't find the Prowler's handling to be that bad unless it doesn't have any chassis upgrade. What I hate most about the Prowler is that it's a giant box that's impossible to miss from the angle most tank engagements take place at. The Vanguard is downright slim compared to the Prowler.

I miss the PS1 Vanguard. It had a really slim profile and looked cooler and could actually use its coaxial gun.

PS1 was cooler anyway. You could capture enemy equipment like in your picture, and most of the weapons were really unique. I wanna play PS1. PSForever can't be completed soon enough.

Yyeah. Like I said, the TR guns all need a massive buff. And the trnminiguns need to be all firing at 2500 rpm minimum, with TR Max suits firing off a total of 6300 rpm with 5k ammo per gun.

Alas, wont happen. TR need a buff and NC needs to be reworked.
But aside from spitefully massive nerfs, nothing will change VS dominance in CQC Automatic fire duels. Even if they did the dmg drop off mechanic right, most infantry killing is done within 50m.

Well Esamir used to be nice but errybody bitched so…

Nah fuck you.

No matter with RPM buff the TR does get you still have to account that how much you fired your gun in a single frame is clientside. Which means as long as we have shit framerates we cannot lay down more fire as long as our games are lagging up to shit.

Prowlers do 60% more damage with their main gun currently, and are getting nerfed down to 50% more damage on PTS.
this is before siege mode

Last I remembered; if the prowler landed both shots it's 2.5k damage in comparison to the other two MBT's 2k. For a tank that has to land both shots it's pretty reasonable.

DUH UHHH NO
TR WEAKEST EVERYTHING
BUFF PLEASE

I think the biggest problem is that TR players are fucking retarded and don't understand fundamental combat mechanics.

Prowlers deal more damage.

And? The prowler deals more DPS than every other tank. It's an undeniable fact that the Prowler are trebuchets on wheels. That's it's main trait. Unless you believe that every other tank should be able to deal as much DPS as a prowler while also retaining all of their traits (Vanguard's tankiness/shield and the Fagrider's mobility and boost). But hey, be my guest on removing another trait the TR had.

Because it's a mobile artillery piece, not a tank. Just because it has a numerical advantage in terms of rounds it can shit out doesn't make it stronger than the tank that can literally climb over everything in the game in the game to flank due to being a FUCKING HOVERTANK, always has it's front armor facing where it's primary gun meaning you can just drive into a enemy vehicle and you're ALWAYS going to be taking less damage if it's anything but their front, and can dodge incoming fire because of how piss easy it is to move around, again due to being a FUCKING HOVERTANK.

too bad the prowler`s effectiveness drop at long range since the main gun kicks like a mule, making it hard to land 2 shots consistently, something the other tanks doesn`t have any problems with. You forgot to mention the magrider mobility, he can just strafe left and right dodging shots, making even more difficult to lend the 2 shells, the nc tank also has a fucking shield.

Truly underpowered vehicles when facing the prowlers terrifying faction skill: Standing still. killyourself

Yeah thats thenmain problem, something about projectile generation. So the best way sould be the generate 2 or 3 bullets at a time at random.

Every tank in the game can do this. Every fucking tank. Quit crying you dumb whore.

Yes, but considering the Prowler/Vanguard/Lightning have a turret instead of the gun being mounted in the middle of the tank, someone coming up behind you means you have to manually move the tank in order to not have the weakest section of armor be pointed right the enemy, while the Magrider can just move the primary around at the tank and suddenly the rounds are doing less damage.

Which needs it needs an armor nerf.

Except half the damned armor fights are at spitting distance.

If anything, its the Vanguard that has always needed a massive buff and rework to its AP round, and all faction tanks need massive rework for their HE, its nonsense how little damage it does.

And with the turret, P/L/Vs can turn around twice as fast and have far less excuse for lack of response and awareness.

World Of Tanks has already determined how goddamned wrong you retards are. And even without the tracking mechanic, turret plus track traverse is confirmed better than just track traverse.

But noooo these kind of complaints or the cowadooty tard complaints that have consistently ruined the game.

That`s the most stupid thing I`ve heard considering the most popular map is 2/3 plane deserts and clear hills. I am going to reply "muh numbers" to everything you post now

But then the weakest tank will be made even weaker!
So long as you're not fighting a blob of Prowlers that are sitting up in a hill while deployed with an ammo sundie shelling a base or an another blob of armor. Don't forget to ignore all the times where there's nothing but flat desert, flat grassland, and flat snowfields where vehicles are deadlocked but there are so many vehicles infantry can't move up between bases.
The Vanguard is getting more HP than the other two tanks, and there's no real reason to use HE when HEAT works just fine for both infantry and vehicles. The Canister really needs a fucking nerf.

Exactly.

Don't worry, they're all going to do the same damage against vehicles in the next update with the only thing making them different is 'bullet goes faster', 'reloads faster' and 'has splash damage' with the Lightning still having less damage when they shit out Combined Arms.

I know.

Its fucking stupid. It even dumber than what they did the vehicle cannon explosive damage. Im sorry, but when a pissant grenade launcher is more effective than a 75mm autofiring cannon, or even a 100mm, you fucked up and caved to the wrong motherfuckers.

Why is there no anti-infantry explosive infantry weapons in this game?

Because in big fights they would be the only weapon that gets used.

Use Pounders

Same reason 75mm High Explosive isnt massively more effective.

Whiny fucking faggots who would inevitability bitch about grenade launcher spam.

There was a grenade launcher in Planetside 1. Skip to 1:30 in video.

You mean none that work properly? Because then HAs will throw a fit that they aren't able to kill as well as an Engie, LA, or Medic with a grenade launcher.

….HAs thing isnt necessarily the murdering, but the durability and supposedly the ammo capacity

And for fucks sake, the fucking rocket gun is a thing.

Planetside 2 had a grenade launcher too.

Yeah I hope they succeed. Thankfully it seems like they've been making consistent progress.

Oh you mean the fact that HA carry more ammo for their primary and can survive more rounds to due the 'I win because I have double the HP' button doesn't mean much of anything?
Which is fucking shit against anything that isn't a MAX and a vehicle that's already almost dead.
Reddit please.

This fight has been going on for about an hour

I would love to play a game where stalemate grind-fests weren't the norm

I don't think the stalemates are the problem, it's the players who refuse to pull risky moves to gain ground because "MUH K/D!"

The problem is that you get the same exp killing something whether you are in a tank, MAX or not. And not enough exp from capturing land. This has been a problem since the start, and has only been made worse when they take out timer cooldowns for vehicles.

Basically, had they put up a tracker for bases captured, how many times you caotured a base/participated, how long it took you , how long you successfully defended etc etc, it wouldnt be an issue.

I was replying to an idiot that said prowlers do the lowest damage.

Alright, this retardation is getting out of hand.

That shit was pretty brutal in retrospect

Is anyone willing to test out how effective grinding the bounty system with someone as an alt is?

Should have said I wanted to see how much it feeds into itself. The directive only gives a reskin and a title which I don't really care about, but it'd be nice to see if you can use 15 bounties to bounce up to 30, which go up to 60 and so on.

how many kills do they last for? I thought they gave nowhere near enough xp

FUCKING RICHFAG

That's what I want to figure out. I've seen that they're also supposed to give 500 xp per bounty when you claim ones you set up, but that sounds like it'd make it easy to farm so they probably removed it.

So much this. Bringing in a third lot was fucking retarded. The idea is that you can have fights with three factions at once, but that almost never happens, as instead, they just dodge the lot to any faction getting slammed by another one. We all dogpile Vanu when it is obvious Vanu is losing, they all dogpile TR when TR is losing.

Every tank in the game cannot move to the left while firing forward, you insufferable little assqueer.

Combine that with strafing capabilities, user. That's what the fagrider can do. It can move while fielding frontal armor towards you.

man, daytime connery really hates tr

The only thing TR on Emerald has going for it is AOD. Good luck actually trying to get them to fucking stay at a lattice line long enough to get extra VP, and good luck trying to tard wrangle them to move somewhere where they'd actually help. I fear the day AOD decides to go into hive related work.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

But no other tank can STRAFE while doing that

You forgot the NC air units having almost obscene resistance to flak damage.

So?

Maintaining frontal armor on target while also keeping mobility.

front and side armor are identical on PTS now
gay hover mechanics and NOS are still things though.

Bitch more. Come one keep bitching. This line of bitchitude has certainly been constructive in keep the game alive and balanced.

How about this.

Prowler gets deployed RoF while mobile, and deployed rate of fire is simply the reload timer doesnt come up, you just keep firing the cannons like the cheapo guns on the Sundies. Increase the Prowler speed by 5kph all around, 8 kph for anyone running racer chassis.

The Vanguard gets an option to swith barrels out between rifled and faggot?ppyre, Rifled standard, and replaces HEAT with HESH(it just makes the round have the aoe effect as HE, pen of HEAT[MUH SPALLING]and eliminates the regular HE option) But the smoothbore has an Advanced Sabot round with 2.5x the projectile velocity and next to no drop off at 1000meters. But a regular HE round with slowish velocity.

For the Vanguard, double the dmg and increase the aoe and aoe dmg of each main gun round fired, but also double the time between reloads. Have the Sabot round for the Smoothbore do more than the regular AP round, but also increase the reload timer by a full second.

And the Magrider has the Saron taken off and replaced by a gun that is just the standard Vanu ES rocket launcher, that fires off three shots instead of just one before reloading.

Would that make you hapoy, or are you just a whiny stupid faggot

Smoothbore. Thats supposed to say smoothbore

……,………
And now he has nothing to bitch about with the magrider.

But goddamn that is stupid.

Planetside 2 still has it but it's shit and only useful for instagibbing people with a projectile that has the speed and drop of piss

Alright everyone who owns an intel cpu overclocked to 5ghz leave this thread.

I turned off shadows in a big fight and gained 15 FPS instantly. The game is fucking terribly optimized. Everything is put on the CPU instead of the GPU. I find it impossible to get over 30 in a big 48-96 v 48-96 fight with everything but render quality and textures at minimum. It's fucking terrible, it runs worse than it did 5 years ago I swear.

Isn't the Mag Scatter a bit underpowered? It cannot kill anything at point blank with a headshot aside from a infiltrator, even then, the Commissioner can do the same. I think it needs less hipfire spread, one more pellet and 220 RPM up from the 180 something.

do you just like looking at garbage?

What settings take load off of CPU then?

Planetside 2 shadows are done in software.
They're not gpu accelerated, they're done in the CPU. You'll find these 1999-tier design decisions everywhere because the developers went balls deep in making the game compatible with bronze age computer hardware in a 2012 game that brings current-day hardware to it's knees.

7 year old PCs run better than 1-3 year old PCs, it's retarded. Also, weren't explosions prettier in early launch? Why were they changed?

to an extent, all of them. Even if they're done solely on gpu they're still putting more strain on the d3d9 driver. Even if they're not, the game's assets are compressed so decompressing the lower quality versions give you better cpu performance. Except for texture quality because lower quality textures are actually ultra textures lossily recompressed in real time.

The developers removed ultra settings, even the hidden ones. Not only that but what was high a few years ago isn't what it is now because the developers also tweaked all of the graphical settings for the worse. I'm guessing they gave up entirely on fixing the mess that is planetside 2 or they don't actually have programmers working there anymore.

terrain, particles, effects, shadows, audio channels.

yes, i know, and the best part is that rate of fire is tied to framerate so you literally shoot slower than richfags. But models and lighting and shit are still gpu, and cranking them up isn't going to mess with cpu blocked people anymore than they already are.

IIRC Wrel acknowledged the performance issues last year. We still have nothing of course.

They're not gpu accelerated, they're done in the CPU.

Absolutely fucking incredible.

Speaking of textures, I always wondered.
Why can't you just download hi res textures only, then compress them at first boot? That has to be faster than downloading.

they don't have any programmers left working on planetside, it's only designers left poking at what's there.

Making sprite work is basically impossible when you're working with hundreds of gigabytes of high resolution imagery. So the way modern game assets work is they're made in extremely high resolutions and then downscaled to the target with a high quality resampling filter and maybe some manual touches. Even in the highest quality textures setting, 99% of games don't actually have lossless textures either. Downloading the original would take too long, and resampling the highest quality provided would yield quality that's too shit.

Turn the shadows off completely and the game will run a lot better.

How would you unfuck this game's infantry balance?
My ideas are:
Higher shields for everyone but infiltrator, maybe 50%
Slightly higher HP pools, 10 to 20% because TTK is too high.
Shotgun spread aren't randomized when you press M1, instead there's around 10 patterns that are randomly cycled through with every shot, makes it less RNG based.
Every shotgun also 1 hit headshots when all pellets hit.
Some form of longer range weapon for NC MAX, all they have are slugs and Gorgon.
ESFs easier to kill with both MAX, Skyguard and turret AA.
Engineers cannot repair their own vehicles, this makes ESF cancer like shooting 2 lockons, then afterburning to safety, repairing and coming back less common.
Heavy moves considerably slower than all the other classes, varying HP pools for everyone.
NS revolvers nerfed, Emisarry removed because it destroys faction uniqueness, most other pistols on all factions buffed.
Remove 50% of the weapons in this game, some weapons like the high capacity shotgun, the different variants of the default carbines and LMGs removed, like the select fire Gauss SAW.
Make each factions weapons more unique. Almost all of them are reskins.
All Flash Certs price decreases by 50%, make it move faster and have first person cam bump around less and give it more view distance.

That's all I can think of.

Yeah, I can't say I've ever been killed by the Magscatter before.

what is this? 2005?

They went too far in making it accurate and sacrificed too much damage. It's just a worse commissioner, but basically every gun in game is worse than the revolvers. In fact i've recently given up entirely on primaries and started running around with the commissioner out and after I get all the revolvers done I'll slog through the horrible handguns in game (i.e all of them) so I can get the directives pistol.

I use it pretty often, I have over 200 kills on it. I like it, but one more pellet and more fire rate would do it good. Mostly I remove infiltrator with it because the darklight is permanently attached to it.

Except I havent said that. Ever. At. Fucking. All.

But thanks for confirming what a whiny fucking faggot you are

Nearly everything you suggested is a horrible fucking idea.

You mean everyone but HA?
You mean everyone but HA?
This would make TR shotguns fairly useful, so VS and NC will scream about it and they get nerfed again. I'd like to see it though
Don't they do this already so long as you're in range?
NC is the shotgun faction though, that'd be like giving TR MAXs accurate guns and VS guns that don't melt everything.
AA is shit because ESFs and Libbies bitched about it, so it's not being changed any time soon.
Fucking this.
Give them an accuracy nerf as well to make it more balanced.
The Commissioner needs to be nerfed into the ground tbh.
Just remove the S variants, remove the burst variants (give the default version the option to burst instead) and make the hipfire/long range/close range versions stand out more in those roles.
I've noticed that there's 2-3 "types" of weapon skins for TR, where they just took one gun and modified it for LMG/Carbine/AR roles, which I'm fine with since some of them look good.
This would make cloak shotgun flashes even worse to deal with. Are you retarded?

wew

Honestly though I don't think infantry vs infantry balance is that bad, and i made peace with the existence of ESFs after embracing our lord and savior Burster Max.

Yeah sorry for not clarifying. I meant that movement speed wasn't a big enough player in the game and all of the classes should be different in that regard, HA slowest, LA fastest.
Also I fucked up and said TTK is too high, I meant too low. It should be made higher like PS1.

In PS1 the cloak flash was a different vehicle from all the others, there were 3 different ATVs, one had a machine gun, one clould cloak and one had a rocket launcher. I'd say disabling weapons for wraith flash would be good, or a few second delay before you can shoot with it after coming out of cloak.

If possible I just want a inventory and armor type system, honestly. It made builds a lot more adaptable and fun to play with, you could equip yourself as a scout armored AV class or a heavily armored in your face shotgun class.
Oh, and remove the fucking medkits, nothing is more annoying than a HA faggot getting shot to half HP, running to cover, popping medkit in half a second and then getting back in the fight instantly. Alternatively only one medkit and 2 or 3 restoration kits.

Do you mean the TTK is too low? Higher means it takes longer to kill someone

Yes I did, see post above.

Medkits need to be fucking removed from the game. It's a shame they won't go back to Planetside 1 style gameplay, because otherwise people will throw a fit over not having a 3 hour farm at the Biolabs, SNA, and being cancer that thinks a 1.5 hour fight at The Crown when it's cut off is a good idea fuck you Don, the Crown is fucking shit.

(nice, checked.)
I tend to see TI Alloys as the primetime "cut off on 2 sides and everyone keeps fighting at it" base, with 96/96 pop and held by one faction for 3 hours. It's so fucking stupid.

Didn't that one guy said to stop doing that since they were already strong enough? We used to have the worst tank and now it is nerfed further. How retarded is this company?

You know, it may be a good idea to take a break before summer starts so everyone isn't burnt out by the time there's a large batch of people playing.

Some of it may just be the spill off from the surrounding bases and the fact that TI is actually fun to fight at. They really need to rework bases so attackers don't have to have 10+% overpop to take them.

They're listening to the people that put a lot of money into the game and the shitposters. All of who say that VS is the weakest faction.

I'm still amazed that when the Tranu warpgated us in a 200 vs 200 battle, they were still whining "OUR WEAPONS ARE SO UNDERPOWERED!" What the fuck do they want, a god damn "I win" button?

They want all of the good weapons. Which they already have. But since the numbers are lower than NC and TR in a few spots, they're totally worse.

At some point, you would think someone would put their foot down and tell them that if they can't survive with some of the most consistently reliable weapons in the game, then the problem is clearly with them.

It's just a way to powergame even more. The real problem is that most of the devs actually ran VS and want to keep themselves playing well.

Nice double spacing, wrel. Go back to reddit.

That out of the way: Your fixes sound like they'd break the game further. Deployed RoF is pretty extreme, and sticking that on the tank standard seems like a good way to turn the prowler into the best close-range tank. I mean, I guess that's one way to do things, but it's supposed to be the artillery tank.
Inf-mag deployed prowler's an interesting idea, though. Lower the firerate a dab and I'd be quite interested to see how that turns out. Mostly, though, I think the prowler needs to not slide around like everything's fucking ice.
Give us some damn traction, not speed.

Last thing we need in this game is another faction with a no-drop gun. Fuck Vanu, and fuck you for suggesting we give NC another one.
Drop is important.

Saron nerf is probably necessary, but the magrider is honestly a tank I don't mind so much in terms of how it functions. It is signifigantly better than rival tanks at the moment, but I think the better solution to this would be to expand the other tank's effectiveness in their respective areas.
Give the Vanguard a more powerful gun, make it the true MBT Abrams clone it was meant to be by beefing up the armor/health. Enjoy NC whines about "N-nevah been killed befo' only disabled only scuttled!".
Give the Prowler a mortar function, instead of the usual increased ROF. Deployment means that you can chunk rounds at extreme range onto enemy positions. Give it a HE with some solid splash as well for this function.
Give the fagrider a faster firing, but weaker main gun what runs on the heat system rather than ammo, thus building more in its hit-and-run slot.

The way we've got tanks set up currently, we've got a solid niche for each unit to incredibly effectively and uniquely. The way I'd like to see it, the Lightning is the mainstay battle tank in most situations, where the proper faction tanks are more of supporting pieces what excel in their niche. Vanguard for AT and tanking hits, but too slow to escape any dedicated hostiles, Prowler for artillery, but pretty weakly armored, and not the best close-range, and Fagrider for hit-and-run also low health, but more focus on quick bursts of damage which get cooled while you're clear of the target.

Jesus fuck, you're autistic. It's almost like people have lives outside shitposting on an imageboard.
Give it time, faggot. Eventually people'll respond when they're able to.

It's pretty shit compared to the Commissioner, but so is every fucking pistol.
Pistols need a massive rework.

What are you, a total fuckin imbecile or something? Defenders will almost always have advantage

Basically. There's no reason to use anything but blackhand or commish because they deal shotgun damage at 50m. Hell, it's not like it's high risk high reward either, you have 6 shots and 2 to 6 chances to kill with high accuracy depending on target and what part you hit.

One I am not wrel, two…

thats my suggestion.

No not really. Its just something for you to whine about.

Could've fooled me.

Yeah, I'm just skeptical of beefing up general fire to ridiculously fast and ridiculously fast with infinite ammo at the downside of having to deploy. I feel that'll add more problems than it'd fix.

Drop is an important skill for people to master. It changes the game from a shitty hitscan crappile game, to something requiring consideration, talent, and practice.

I'm still really liking my Emperor, but yeah, it's still worse than a commissioner. Still, hire ROF and three-headshot kills with a large magazine isn't anything to scoff at.
We just need a flat beef to the pistols, plainly put. Hell, we need a fix around weapons in general. Most of them are shit, or barely different from their rivals.

This is some pretty fucking good shitposting for a Redditor defending VS.

i'm hopeful that the new spawn beacon will make attacking less shit in more bases

If every medic can carry the forward station, they need to find a way to make the spawn beacons something worth certing into for new players since a squad leader could just run medic and both help the attack/defense more along with getting more certs from the forward station as anyone can spawn on the forward station.

What was the "code of conduct" outside of 'Don't be from Reddit', 'don't stream shit', 'don't constantly shit out memes to the point you're acting like a faggot', 'don't clog up the squads with randoms' and 'like a really shit base'? That's an old post though tbh.

I can't remember. I just wanted to post an old screencap I had. Here's some more.

Oh well. I can't wait for the population to get back up so we can do harasser squads and stupid shit.

eh, it's not like it'll be the first useless thing, at least it's tucked away on a page that most new players won't even know exists. but it is pretty dumb that they're adding in yet another spawn mechanic instead of just adapting the beacons.

I don't think Daybreak knows what they want.

they know what they want, and they're going to put in the minimal effort to get it.

10% overpop is literally nothing though. And since nearly every outfit uses the same run around with head cut off tactics, almost never clearing a building and then preventing counter attacks, itll remain.

FFS, 10% pop advantage in a loclal fight is one side having 44 players while the other has 40.

This is why you are stuck here. Your arguments stopped having any substance a while ago, and now youre just crying like the cowadooty bitch you are.

Get rid of most implants. Especially ammo implants. Like what in the fuck.

They want the Call of Duty playerbase and WoWs former income.

Next you're going to call me a shitter for not having a 9+ kd.

They want the money obviously, but they don't realize WoW was at good at one point.

The solution for Planetside 3 will be to add a 4th one.

I'm sure all the camo and cosmetic shit has nothing to do with performance.

Double the RoF of all TR Max gattling guns.
Double or tripple the reload time.

I need it.

Did you really think about this very well?

I don't see the problem
TR's supposed to be the DAKKA faction

fucking why

What wing weapon should I get for mosquito?

I'm thinking Hornets or Hellfire. I like to use mosquito to scout and harass and disrupt rather than fully engage (because I'm kinda shit pilot). Also should I just stick with default nose gun?

Lockdown is a shit ability that invites a rocket to your face

If it increased accuracy and bullet velocity, I might say it's not complete shit.

get out

This.
Valkyrie is my planefu, it's really fun to fly and have someone gun for you, or vice versa. Both are the best vehicle gameplay in the game.

reminder

Valky works as a great squad-spawn and firesupport unit. Only useless if you're a limp-dick homosexual queerboy faggot.

yeah, if the valk is hovering 10m from the enemy while standing still. valkchan needs an aoe gun

composite armor does the trick, just gotta play dodgeball with HA launchers

sure because there's only ever afew HA around at any given time

believe it or not, if HA dont have lockons they cant hit the valk. now the real question is IF they had lockon's

aye

to be honest dumb shit like MBTs and AP turrets kill me, as well as my poor piloting skills

The one thing the outfit never has is proper intelligence gathering and air-to-ground harassment. Was only recently we had a very strong ground game and the skies were completely clear of hostiles and friendlies but we couldn't break through enemy lines and were just farming. Would've been perfect for a mosquito fly by. Because you have to get out of there before everyone and their mum spawns ground-to-air lockons.

So still no suggestions other than to fly things that move like their pregnant. Useless.

We do alright with air, mostly thanks to the massive number of archer engineers we have.
Why do we have archer engineers?
No fucking idea.

honestly 1 dual walker sundy can shit on a airchav's day.

do you take us for vanu garbage? we rely on our tactical superiority. but tbh there isnt a whole lot of "intelligence" to gather. the only real why to find out about it is get have that thing smack you in the face

Well I certed out the scout module along with stealth for the ASF. If you play passively you can reveal a ton armor and innfantry for everyone, not just outfit.

But our outfit doesn't have enough people on. I miss having squad lead ordering scout missions to recon the area, then deploying strategies to meet what we knew was ahead.

True, but most folk ain't willing to sit on a sundie all day for that.
We do okay for armor, maxes, and air thanks to our engi archersquads. Problem is, we suck against infantry a lot of the time, because of it.
That, and we're only so-so on armor, since not everyone has a mana turret.

I'm NC. I still miss WWEW's escapades when you were new on Auraxis. The amount of pissed off NC that bitched about WWEW was instantly smug inducing

I usually call out threats while gunning in vehicles but I've heard other people do it wrong saying "right, left, infront" instead of "north, west, east, south" but this is as far as "tacticool" as I'll go asides from afew other kinda important things

Stop naming your pictures "1".

NC outfit when?

He isn't wrong, though. Why do you have 15 1's?

God, even the Vanu got salty. What happened to that dude who kept rage-telling people, calling them "trash cans" and saying "get the fuck out of MY game."

This is perfectly fine if it's proximity mic and you're both in same vehicle. For clutch action and split-second reaction you often don't have enough time to check your bearings. Although personally I use clock direction "at twelve" or "on your six" etc. Again, all proximity which everyone needs to use a fuck load more of tbh.

For the outfit chat that everyone uses then it's compass bearings of course.

As usual, just being aware of where the fuck you are, the front of the vehicle you're in and where you're going is something niggers forget too often.

I have that problem. I can't stop doing it. I don't know why

>what are ids
i just periodically dump shit from my desktop into folders leading to a lot of New Text Document (3) (2).txt type shit, and between sorting by date and thumbnails i have no incentive to clean up the image names.

I exclusively use the clock scheme and it helps target aquisition by multiple seconds.

FYI don't fucking Q spam call out every fucking hostile thing you ever see. Keep your character's mouth shut for 2 seconds and you might actually get the drop on an enemy for once.

Eh, I don't really get myself into the situation where it'd ever be advantageous. Either I'm too far for anyone to hear, or I'm with a group in an obvious firing position.

you should be checking your minimap every other secound though, specially if you're in a tank, still I need to use prox more calling out stuffs since I kinda got used to the eve online way of doing it

force of habit

I'm unsure with clock scheme but I don't think it's as bad as "left" "right" "front" "back"

The good ol british clock system lad.

12 o'clock, 6 o'clock, 2 o'clock etc

at least I can still play heavy

Wrong. You appear on radar, they don't need to actually hear the voice. Also calling out sneaky niggers let's them know they've been made so they'll fuck off and try again some other place or later when attention is elsewhere. Shoot first, yap later.

Fuck that noise. People don't pay enough attention to what's actually in their faces. In order to git gud at long-range ground engagements you need to be pretty focused and adjusting for the smallest fucking degrees due to bullet drop. To do that you can't be checking the fucking mini map all day.

People talk too much bullshit in the mic. I don't even mean bantz, I mean literally narrating everything that's going on. Awkward leaders are the worst for that.

Fucking rebind that shit if you need to nigger. Kill bad habits. While you're rebinding, change your fucking exit vehicle key, too. Some of the most seasoned vets still launch out of full-throttle vehicles by accident. I have that shit bound to NUMPAD ENTER.

Even if you can't kill them, firing on a target helps. It forces them to move, or respond. If you keep it up, you can distract them for other allies.

See
Also, driving off infilshitters is a benefit.

setting your self up to get butt raped

think I have a habit of doing that too

actually what happens is they switch their target to you or if it's a airchav they fuck off and come back just to kill you because fucking power fantasy

You say that like it's rare. I got a bounty put on my long ago because I domed the same tranu using a vehicle terminal three times in a row.

Except you didn't say that, you said

I fired a bazillion rounds of Prowler from mountain top at very long ranges. Never once did I need to look at at radar. All my attention was on adjusting for bullet drop. For the times where it's possible I'll get backdoored then checking the radar doesn't mean checking your compass bearings. Just make sure blue/purple shit isn't behind you. Not exactly higher-functioning brain activity.

Nice reading comprehension, faggot.
Don't take potshots at airshitters with standard rifles, moron.
If you've got an archer, though, totally worthwhile to do so. Does enough damage after a few shots they fuck off to repair, in the case of ESFs.

If you're too far to hear, you're too far away for it to matter. The sound from a spot shout goes a long ways, mate.

I've been working on my lightning gameplay in anticipation of the buffs its getting. The habit of lobbing bullets at everything just announces that there's a free lightning kill to be had to all the fagriders on the map.

What and when?

That's why I never stop moving in the lightning. People forget it's a light tank. It can get out of dodge fairly quick, and is more suited to hit-and-run tactics.

I'm actually thinking about certing it out as well because I like how fast it is and was planning on playing it like that.

Guess I picked a good time to cert it out, what kind of buffs is it getting?

Just don't swap the main gun, you ask me. That fast-firing mortar thing is pretty swell. Skyguard is worthwhile, if you care, but you'll always be second fiddle to a sunderer with AA, really.

Hell yeah.

I am Vanu and I want to fight this TR.

I was thinking of finally putting some certs into it vs infantry. Perhaps Proximity Radar & HE rounds.

the problem is that magriders can outmaneuver you in all situations, and two shot you, and they're all fucking korean lagwizards on connery so you can't dodge their shots. getting noticed by one is a death sentence.

It's strangely refreshing finding new ways to hate them though.

ehp is being buffed relative to the other tanks, and viper ends up able to two volley mbts from behind.

i'm half expecting it to be never ever, it seems pretty halfbaked and there's a lot of forum bitching. the tank stuff is on pts already though

News at 5

I used to spam it in every fight, and eventually I manged to get myself to stop spamming it when fucking around.

Since my internet keeps dying I might as well not play, but I might keep trying anyway.

What heresy is this

If there's more than 3 people on at one time, there's almost always a nearly full squad. In this instance, half of them are randoms because Twh is retarded and didn't lock the squad to the outfit, and then Daylight decided to move them to a second squad instead of kicking them out because he's AOD levels of retarded based on other shit he does. Basically, the squads are completely fucked if the same handful of people aren't constantly making them.

Yeah, noticed that. It's also rather dull, all in all. Mostly because following the zerg, I guess, but nobody really seemed all that in to it.
Rather sad.
Unfortunately for me, I have work, and for some reason nobody plays at night.

Speaking of salt, someone took offense to me killing them with the Ranger flak turret on the back of my sunderer. People like this are why I bought it in the first place.

Chances are, your night is 3-5am EST for a server that's set up for the eastern US and nobody is online because nobody else is online.

Yeah, I pulled an AA ammo sundie for a bunch of lightnings that a random zerg had and a Scythe pilot instantly started bitching about how he was being shot.

i plan on getting back on as soon as I finish all my finals. my biggest final was today, now i just need to study for the hopefully my last final on wednsday

letting the turbo autist have squad lead so he can suck himself off

misterdaylight?

TR OR DIE

you are always more than welcome to join again and spread your autism

this is why more people should learn how to squad lead at least

you get the gas first

seems like it

isn't he the twitch streamer we're "o.k" with him doing so?

is he? all i know is he is dense as shit

yes I'm certain

No, my time is 8-10 central.
Nobody on our group is on around then for some reason.

they all get the gas

I really love dual Walkers.

You may have to go down to to 6-7 est to find blobs, but that's when most people are on.

NC has excellent but sometimes difficult to use infantry weapons especially the lmg, faction wide focus on hitting hard and getting hit hard. Worst faction air power in the game and a mix bag of overall good vehicle weapons. TR focuses on RoF and low per shot damage, i think its made up for in CQB controllability and better sustained fire ability. has my favorite ESF and the Vulcan is probably the most broken piece of shit in the game when attached to a harasser, I've noticed most harassers seem to be TR. has some of the best jack of all trade Max stuff as well can suffer in one on ones with NC maxes and their boom sticks. tank shoots twice which is either great or will get you killed depending on your skill. most likely faction to pull 40 planes and spawn camp some random base for 30 minutes. VS weapons are generally mediocre stat wise except for the fact that they are laser beam accurate and you will get headshot 10 times in a row with a machine gun from 150 meters away, fucking bullshit. most of their gear is hardcore fun killing and are they only ones to benefit from gimmicks like the fag rider which is impossible to hit and zero drop bullets. VS has the most try hard faggots and actual faggots. honestly because objectives are so fucking pointless now just never fight them its fucking awful and why i stopped playing for like 4 years.
because sony online sucked and daybreak is staffed by mouth breathers. they have attempted to casuallise the game further than they had originally making everything objective based kinda pointless. saltiest of all the faction, at least two people will shitpost chat complaining that 2 tanks and 40 people constitutes an unstoppable zerg and will then pull 5 tanks and pull in 60 people for their totally not a zerg rush.

wow im so glad i just dropped all my fucking certs on that and maxed out body armor.

so prowlers are actually going to be worst tank now?

*VS is the saltiest faction, i dont know how i moved that around

I can understand why they're lowering the reload speed of the Prowlers, but I sure as fuck don't like it. I'd rather see the Vanguard get the fastest reload speed tbh.

Seems like not for our group, anyway.
Other players, sure, but I swear when I get home, everyone's gone.

You may just be unlucky.

Entirely possible. Between you and me, I think one of my family's ancestors sunk a boat full of gypsies.

There's nothing wrong with sinking a boat full of gypsies.

If you don't count the curses, sure.

Which is you you have someone else sink them :^)

what was this about again? why do I remember it?

Any way to force 2xAA on AMD cards? I tried doing it using RadeonPro and DXWnd, but both gave me a completely black silluhette in character selection, and the game itself was super trippy. If I used Radeon Crimson it just defaulted back to application settings (disabled) it.

Oh wait.
Turns out it's fucking edge AA, not FXAA, which is FXAA but worse, and it's built inside the game, making it impossible to disable.

It honestly is amazing how perfectly they encapsulated the entire game.

yeah, the shit blurring is hardcoded. some of the older versions of sweetfx/reshade are whitelisted in battleye though so you can make it a little less muddy though.

The game is a mess.
Software rendered shadows.
Instead of just scaling down textures, if you set it to low all you do is lossily compress them in real time on the CPU, ultra textures only take up 1.3Gb of VRAM, according to Afterburner. I could easily handle the old Ultra textures.
They disabled PhysX because reasons???
Edge AA you cannot disable, built inside the game, this makes everything shitty and blurry.
Unoptimized for new machines. Literal 6 year old hardware runs better, even if new hardware is more powerful.
They made the game 64bit and removed Windows XP support because the game kept running worse and worse.
No DX10 or 11 support in 2012, this was 5 years after the release of Windows Vista, and by extension, DirectX 10.
Editing game files, even to fix what the devs fucked up, is a bannable offense.
It's unbelievable how much SOE fucked up, PS2 is the biggest technical mess of a game ever made. Why haven't they optimized a thing for 2 years now? Performance is getting worse and worse with each patch.

It all makes more sense when you realize the initial development, and especially the optimization, had lots of ""help"" from intel gnomes during the height of their overt sabotage days.

also they haven't done any optimization in years because all the programmers are on h1z1. it's some artists to print shekels, and a couple idea guys.

Ninja army out of nowhere.

They forgot to show the horde of Scythes though.

Really what happened to Scythe gameplay, Dave Lantor used to be boss.

Its almost like they intentionally sabotaged a game where young and old men would mingle and use mid scale organize to get anything done.

This game sounds fucking horrible, why do you guys play it and what's the closest thing to it besides Battlefield 2142.

Nothing, and that's why we play it. MAG was close-ish but it's dead.

Wasn't Domination cut into 4 smaller maps that required you to go through a loading screen so in actuality it was just 32v32.

Got any advice got getting good at flying in this game beyond just practicing and dying a lot? I struggle to aim at ground targets while moving in VR without crashing.

Try the hover frame if you're aiming at ground targets. Really makes a big difference in how the aircraft maintains stability when you're attacking ground targets.

Thanks, just trying to improve my versatility as a player.

Would be great if the VR has stationary aerial targets like in the first game.

Best way to train for aerial fights is in the field. Your default gun and the extended afterburner tanks are good as is. You have to learn some maneuvers though. Look up guides for stuff like reverse turn and that should set you on the right track. Even if you can't do those yet, it should give you an idea of how air handles since it's much different than most games.
Also, don't fight scythes unless you have friendly air nearby or heavy ground cover. Scythes are bullshit to fight against because of their thin profile. It just isn't fun.

Oh, vehicle stealth is better for dogfighting if that's what you enjoy doing. It's very easy to lose your target if they're using vehicle stealth.

Just reinstalled. What do if I want to play with my fellow Holla Forumsirgins?

invite the corp and post your profile with a meme

It is fun with a grounder.

That's true, but most scythe pilots care too much about their k/d to stay in range of AA weapons for too long.

Libbie pilots are also horrified about seeing their kd drop.

Whether it kills them or scares them off it keeps our AMSs safe.

t-thanks for saving me the certs wrel.

join a non meemer outfit

PS2's MAXes always sucked. At launch they were alright because they were at least cheaper. Since then they've also been nerfed into oblivion directly or indirectly mostly for the benefit of HA killwhores.

Make a post with a meme, and in the application link the post.

I'll say this about the test server, since I tried the prowler with AP. In deploy mode, holy FUCK the AP shells fly fast compared to the other shell types. This means when they're deployed the prowler actually has a significant advantage in a long ranged firefight.
Also tested with a friendly NC guy the vanguard vs the prowler; when it was point blank and both tanks had maxed shield/deploy and AP, it was quite simply a case of whoever got the first shot out won (assuming all hit and you were firing into the front of the tanks). I very barely survived when I got the first hit and the same for him when it was him. Rear armour hits also do double damage. We discovered AP to the arse really, really hurt. Going off memory the vanguard gouged about a third health off with a rear hit and the prowler took even more off with a salvo. Magriders might find turning tail when their health gets low is a mistake against a deployed prowler, assuming this ever hits the main servers. I didn't get a chance to test, sadly, there wasn't a vs guy around.

There's an unbound key for something called 'analogue throttle' or something similar. tl;dr: it pulls you to an almost dead stop very, very quickly when you press it, it's great for the transports and strafing.

I saw something like that mentioned in a video but I was unsure about it, thanks.

The simplest method for AV MAX suits would ve been the Empire Specific rocket launcher that heavies start out with, duel wielded with a slightly faster reload and deeper ammo pool.

And then apply the same thing for lockon weapons, with certs in E-War for faster locks, and maybe even a module that occupies the other arm that reduces time to lock at the cost of a missile/rocket launcher.

Imagine the glory of a TR MAX with an un nerfed Striker, duel wielding two of them, salvoing down a tank singlehandedly. Imagine the fearsome ZOE MAX with the MAX Lancer, that rapidly fires fully charged bolts( instead of having to hold down a button to charge them, it only fires fully charged bolts of plasma spooge) into an unsuspecting anything, killing it in seconds . Imagine NC MAXes, crying like bitches because they dont get to have good things because fuck the plebs, enjoy your biolabs.

Valks cant carry MAXes

If they at least allowed the valk to carry maxes and disallow the gal to do so they would have some kind of nieche.

I just want 12 MAXes locked down the top of a Gal and then have it flip upside down so all of the guns and MAXes can shoot people

how many online? i might come back temporarily if the game being shit doesn't piss me off too much. i opened the launcher and it's updating.

That would be fun, and we cant have that.

The only fun that is allowed involves daltons vs ESFs and anything that disturbs the balance is haram.

yes, but we were briefly considering a world where things weren't terrible for no reason.

Everyone needs to use ps2.fisu.pw/outfit/?name=wwew

it's hard to read at some points but it's not that funny looking at it now tbh

Really makes you wonder.

wew

Just a wee grain o' salt. But I'm always happy to add more grains to the Tranu pile.

I ran into this guy at an Amerish fight too.

Hey, I remember this guy somewhere. I think he was one of the ones that bitched that VS weapons were underpowered because he wasn't pulling 20 K/D.

Hell yeah mother fucker. To me, the point of a MAX suit is to be a Heavy Assault on Steroids. Or Meth in Vanus case. Indisputably better at something if they choose to specialize in it. MAX units shouldnt have to reload their bullet firing guns like HA, just have them be belt fed.

Otherwise…hells the point?

holy kek

Give me the best micspam you have.

just fuck my graphics up

The Chinese have legitimate autism. Ever seen Lulubu? He calls anyone that kills him a cheater.

Holy shit CPU really is the biggest bottleneck for this shitheap.

Postan Ultra screens and highspeed fashion by request .
also
10/10

Congrats.
I wish I was a richfag and not a east euro commie poorfag.
Buying a Ryzen CPU would just fuck my wallet up.

at least your country isn't committing suicide-by-migrant

True. After being near suicide with Communism killing ourselves isn't exactly in the calendar.
Also, how much do Ryzen CPUs cost in America? Tech is horribly overpriced here.

258 USD for the 16x

Can't find a 1600x but 1600 is 238€. When the RX series released those were priced 100€ over Amazon.com price, now it's only ~20-50€. I'm amazed.

turn it down to potato settings so you get higher fps, it literally increases your guns rate of fire.

I wonder if they could have programmed that better

are you fucking kidding

Oh, so that's why I was getting killed instantly by someone I was getting the drop on.

the technology to measure time and divide just isn't available yet.

….um what?

If you're over 120fps you can also jump straight up certain walls.

…I have to admit, I want to try this.

Wrel actually mentioned this.
It's probably the most P2W thing about this game, next to FPS being tied to firing speed.

Fucking hell what is wrong with you. Max settings are a meme and just tank your FPS for no good reason. I've had a beefy rig for a long time and I still play at medium-low. Hell I'm turning off shadows soon because more FPS and higher visibility. The struggle for consistent triple digit FPS is real.

What's 'comfortably'? If it's not on par or above your monitor's refresh rate then you're being an absolute mongrel by favoring graphics for gameplay.

That's a great video. The guy is a redditor CS:GOy youtuber but 2kliksphilip puts up some good videos from time to time. I never understood the meme of 16x AA, why? You tank your FPS like fuck and I can't notice the difference past 4 or 8x.

How else are you supposed to justify buying 4 titans?
We all know that a shitton of bloom, hdr, parallax thingamajigs and so forth defines your worth as a person.

Please tell me no one actually, unironically bought and put that in their PC. You'd need fucking Chernobyl to feed power to that.

This has more to do with developers being completely retarded over diminishing returns. You know what's the difference between gta5 ultra and very high post processing? Literally nothing except they run the blurring pass on light going through fog a second time to slightly reduce contrast between bloomed rays of light with different brightness which is unrealistic as fuck and hardly a good artistic decision

What are you even talking about? What kind of AA?

1000w more accurately. I remember I once plugged in a resistor that pulled about that much power in an outlet in highschool once and the lights blinked. It's also a retarded idea because very few games, let alone good games can make use of 2gpus in sli but basically none can make use of 4.

Just about any AA, except for FXAA because FXAA sucks dick. If I can spare the FPS then SMAA 4x is what I put it on usually.

lmao

Please do not spread disinfo. This hasn't been a problem for Planetside 2 since late beta.
It did take someone from the PS2 general to find and report this bug to the SOE devs though

no, they never changed the underlying mechanic, it is very much still a thing. the devs have said their "fix" to it was to improve framerates through optimization, and you can see how well that went.

Well fuck me, I'll eat my own words then.

ignore this nigger

thanks wrel

It's amazing how every single day I dislike this game more and more.
Talk about broken mess. When is PS1 back up again?

It's an understandable mistake, the human brain just isn't built to grasp the sheer retardation of soe.

Planetside Forever is still being developed, but infantry gameplay works and many weapons are already usable. No vehicles yet though.

this is missing the most important side of things, what the rof is on other peoples machines

Since everything is basically clientside, i doubt that a lower framerate would yield a higher rof on the other guy's end. Guarantee its the same rof on everyone else.

do we know for sure though?

There's no evidence that it's actually the ROF, though. Just how long the magazine lasts in seconds. It could be that 10fps has a bigger magazine. If the firerate is the same in the end for everyone then what is 10fps dude doing for that extra 10ish seconds? Still shooting.

yes, some of the videos showing it just have two people side by side mag dumping and a third recording. the richfag dumps significantly faster.

But did he output the same amount of bullets and damage? If not then mag speed and ROF are separate and 10fps guy has bigger mag & potentially same ROF.

that would be impressively terrible, even by gaybreak standards.

Is it possible to make more things server side?

It would destroy the Euro and Aussie communities on Briggs and Emerald.
Hypothetically yes but it would require some heavy rewriting of the game itself. From what I know, PS2 only has 2 programmers working on it mostly adding in whatever bullshit the design team wants this week

certainly not at this point. not sure servers could hack it for an fps either, eve has to run one tick per second and slow down time to do things fully server side

there's no reason it couldn't be done properly clientside either. they probably do something lazy like checking a timer every frame, and if enough time has passed it fires a bullet and resets back to zero without carrying over the extra time.

That's a stupid idea. A fix would be using the built in timer on all modern x86 cpus called TSC. From the intel pentium 4 (first one came out in 2000) and AMD's k10 (first one came out in 2007) all cpus have extremely consistent timer refresh rates (it doesn't vary with cpu load) , and any mistakes or discrepancies would be in the order of a few microseconds. that's one millionth of a second. Windows has always included it's own software timer for purposes like this, too. But it's stupid to use it instead of TSC in 2017, or 2012 and it's heavier than TSC.
Yeah that works, but it's not as widespread as TSC, is 100x heavier to use (which in the end is not much since it's still very light, but it's something) and it's only a bit over 3x more accurate than TSC, and TSC is already able to differentiate between mi

That's what quake and some call of duties did and if it was the case guns wouldn't consistently fire faster on higher frame rates because things wouldn't necessarily align sooner all the time. Something there is tied to refresh rate but it's not an 1:1 ratio.

I forgot to finish the last phrase.

quake/cod seems to be exactly what i was thinking of, going by the faggots description in pic related. Which could be about right given where it takes he's shooting 10 bullets per second at 10 fps.

Right, since we were talking about this, some of you seemed interested in trying the vehicle changes yourself, here's how to get on the test server.

forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/read-first-test-server-policies-download-link.114038/
Or just fucking google "Planetside 2 Test Server".

You can redownload everything, but since many things are the same, you can install it, stop the download, copy your normal installation over, and then it'll just replace what needs replacing.

You can use your normal profile (how do you think they knew what account to give my surveyer hat to?) and you start with 100k certs. That's not a type, every char starts with effectively unlimited dosh. Buy whatever you want and take it for a 'live fire' spin. That's how I knew I could make infiltrator 'work' for me despite how batshit aggressive I am.

There are snags of course-not that many people are on it, so we'd better just arrange something for a fixed time/date. You still have to go through the intro/tutorial and we may need a discord channel or something, on account of being no way to communicate when you're other factions-which we'll almost certainly have to do to test fagrider vs prowler and stuff reliably.

ULTIMATE POTATO GUIDE FOR POTATO PLAYERS 1080p REMASTERED

This handy guide will show you how to get 30-60 FPS on 8 years old hardware be sure to inquire nacho as to what constitutes as 8 years old hardware

1) Your UserOptions.ini should look like this:

[Rendering]
OverallQuality=-1
GraphicsQuality=1

I'd do it, but after a VS heavy 5 shot me after instantly snapping to me in a turn that was well over 90 degrees and every round I shot missed, I really don't want to play anymore.

welcome to planetside, where TR are nerfed into oblivion because the devs like to suck off their factions

You lads should start 4th factioning. I do it every time there's a good fight going on another faction. Also helps with leveling up my characters more evenly and keeping shit fresh.

yeah nah

yeah nah

Behold the C.A.B. the ultimate flashbang/concussion bomb.

Filter out the team kills for NC and show us the updated table.

Reminder that when hit with enough concussion grenades your controls reverse

Those things fuck me up so bad, I should probably start stocking them for my own use. After all, EMPs worked well.

==I WON'T LET THIS THREAD DIE== Yet

I actually managed to get in after it was found that the load screen crash was thanks to dev shit. It's an interesting premise for sure, but then I read some data on the unofficial wiki which said that on the server I was in Cobalt? Vanu liked to wake up in the early hours when nobody was around and bumrush the entire world.. So theoretically, I could spend all day trying to cap every base on the continents only to have Vanu come along and perform a homosexual orgy in the middle of the night. Tbh fam, kinda getting my fill of 'Fighting for a global goal/cause' from eternal crusade as well.

Fuck..
I haven't posted for a while and it shows

tbh this song fits the game pretty well

maintenance time

What's getting added?

What's getting glitched and how many fps do we lose?

With Wrel being a VS main I wouldn't be surprised. The magrider is fucking bullshit, it's like the game WANTS me to buy a G2G lock on launcher to get rid of them. It being off ground makes it really hard to hit with my Shrike or Hawk, and it's fucking absurd how fast it is.

forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pc-hotfix-5-11.245792/#post-3460325
lel

wwew

New thread when? This one is on page 14 and at 384 replies, nearly 400.

TOP KEK

easy with those digits user